Book Your Wedding with The Heirloom Inn

A GARDEN IN IONE, CA

Ensconced in the lower Sierra Foothills in Ione, California, the Heirloom Inn is one of Sacramento’s favored wedding locales.

The lush gardens of the Heirloom Inn are a beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding ceremony and location. The gardens offer natural pathways that lead into a stunning courtyard. The gracious gazebo provides the ideal centerpiece for a wedding ceremony with a natural background of beautiful hydrangeas and ferns.

The Heirloom Inn hosts weddings from April until October and generally only on Saturday or Sunday. The gardens provide separate spaces for the wedding and the reception. The capacity of the wedding space is 150. The reception space can accommodate 160 guests for a seated reception and 200 guests for a standing cocktail ceremony. The entire space is handicap accessible.

The owner of the Heirloom Inn is an experienced event coordinator and will assist with planning all aspects of the ceremony and reception. The Heirloom Inn can provide you with an extensive list of vendors and caterers, but the couple is welcome to choose their own.

The Heirloom Inn outdoor ceremony and reception package includes tables and chairs. It also provides tablecloths and linen napkins. The couple can choose the color of the tablecloths; however, overlays for the tablecloths are available for an additional cost. Setup of the tables and chairs by Heirloom Inn staff is also included.

The package also provides for dressing rooms for the bride, groom and bridal party. A separate rehearsal time of two hours is included.

If choosing a Saturday ceremony, the bridal party can arrive at noon. The package allows for a six-hour ceremony and reception that will last from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m. If a Sunday Ceremony is the choice, the bridal party can arrive at 1 p.m. Sunday ceremonies and receptions may also last for six hours from 4 p.m. until 10 p.m. A deposit is required to reserve your wedding date. The balance is due at least three weeks prior to the wedding date.

The Heirloom Inn is conveniently located within 30 to 45 minutes drive from Sacramento, Stockton, Lodi, Galt, Carmichael and Citrus Hill. The Sacrament Airport is within a short one-hour drive.

The owner and staff at the Heirloom Inn understand that the planning of the ceremony, reception and honeymoon can be very stressful for the couple and are available to assist with the planning and coordination. A complimentary overnight room for the bride and groom is also included in any wedding and reception plan.

Garden, Historic Venue, Park

Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

214 Shakeley Lane, Ione, CA (209) 274-4468

Owner and Staff go the extra mile

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Emily R

Sherry and her staff really went the extra mile to make the wedding beautiful and as stress free as possible. She does a great job coordinating day of and her staff is expert at maintaining minimum visibility at the event while getting their jobs done. The venue is... Read More beautiful, especially at night when the light strings and projectors are illuminating the trees.

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Niki l

We had our 7/20/2013 wedding at The Heirloom Inn and things could not have gone more smoothly! Sherry is AMAZING! She helped with all aspects of planning and provided great suggestions on vendors/what works well, without ever seeming pushy! The grounds looked amazing. She helped... Read More with all the day of set-up and made the day run so smoothly it was almost unreal. She also took extra steps to make sure things were what I wanted, replanting parts of the garden that had been affected by a recent heat wave, bought more flowers for the alter - she really blew me away with her kindness and attention to detail. She and her staff also set my centerpieces and flowers up to perfection, in fact better than I had planned them! It was an amazing day and I will be forever greatful to her and her staff for making things so perfect!

Beautiful location, wonderful service

Reviewed on 6/28/2013 Bridget

This location is amazing! The setting is picturesque, with lush greenery and beautiful flowers to make each photo uniquely special. The inside of the inn is equally unique, with old-school charm. Hands down, the coolest venue we checked out. Plus, the prices are more than... Read More reasonable, and the coordinator, Sherry, is awesome.

Reviewed on 4/04/2016

My husband and I got married here one year ago in June. After all of this time, I still feel this was the absolute best venue we could have ever found! Sheri is AMAZING! It's a one stop shop in terms of venue, catering, DJ, etc., because Sheri is connected with each vendor. My... Read More job as a bride was incredibly easy and care free. I planned my wedding of 115 guests in 7 months time but was actually done in one month due to Sheri and her connections. I can't recommend this place enough, not to mention the amazing price to rent it. Highly recommend to anyone!!

Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Alisha S

I had my wedding here in June 2014 and absolutely LOVED it. The pictures do not do this place justice. This place is an absolute hidden gem. I love the greenery, the layout of the space, the privacy and the character. The Inn is definitely old, 1863 to be exact, and it shows.... Read More The inside could definitely use lots of updates but the garden is where Sherry (the owner) sparkles. Sherry is loving and firm at the same time. You don't just book your wedding with her and never contact her again, she will help you with budget and planning, as well as answer any questions you may have. She's a pro! I would get married a thousand times at this venue if I could. My entire day was perfect.

The Absolute Best!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Justine H

We toured several venues before we saw the Heirloom-- when we saw it we loved it, and when we talked to Sherry, I was sold. From what we saw, you usually get two options with venues: 1, have complete control over vendors, decor, etc, but do it all yourself. Or 2, give control to... Read More the venue and they'll take care of it all. With the Heirloom, you get the best of both worlds. Sherry let us bring it all of our stuff (including alcohol!! HUGE $$ saver!), but she and her staff totally executed our vision down to the last detail without us, or our friends and family, having to do a thing. She was a dream to work with. The venue itself is incredibly beautiful and unique-- we live in Roseville so the drive was a bit of a pain, but 100% worth it when we saw how beautiful our wedding was. All of our guests raved about how amazing it was and how different from weddings they've been to (the usual golf clubs, vineyards, ballrooms, etc). It feels intimate but spacious, and the lush gardens were to die for. Our photographers adored it, every backdrop inside and out is stunning. I would recommend this venue to ANYONE, we just loved it. THANK YOU SHERRY!! We would do it again here in a heartbeat.

I LOVED IT

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 CENNE J

I can't imagine having my wedding somewhere else.

My Secret Garden

Reviewed on 10/26/2010 Amy H

The Heirloom Inn is a quaint location tucked back in California Gold Country. It used to operate as a B&B and is only a wedding and party venue. The proprietor, Sherry, wants the best for you. She provides a wealth of knowledge from weddings past and works to help provide... Read More a seamless, stressfree day to be enjoyed by all. She can come off as opinionated but if you communicate with her she will accomidate most anything you wish. The property is beautiful, feels warm and inviting. The vendors she recommends are all wonderful and affordably priced. Once we booked with her everything fell into place. The compliments from our guests were plentiful. We could have asked for a more wonderful day or experience.