The Hellenic Center

Ipswich, MA

North Shore's Hidden Gem

This pristine estate with its exquisite mansion will set the tone for your magical wedding day. The sprawling lawn is a picturesque setting for an outdoor ceremony or cocktail hour. The ballroom consists of hardwood floors, crystal chandeliers, fireplaces, and French doors that overlook the garden.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Planning, Service Staff

117 County Rd, Ipswich, MA

One Word: Amazing

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Olivia B

Where do I even begin? The Hellenic Center was everything I wanted and more for my dream wedding in August. From the moment we stepped foot on the property for our initial meeting/venue tour we were in love. The building is gorgeous (a spacious and beautiful bridal suite is a... Read More plus!) and the lawns are meticulously maintained. You absolutely will not find such amazing value in a wedding venue anywhere else. Tamie, the Hellenic Center's wedding coordinator, is heaven-sent. The fact that you get to work directly with her is reason enough to book your wedding there! Her professionalism is top notch, and her personality is wonderful. She is friendly and approachable, extremely knowledgeable, and so, so helpful. My wedding went off without a hitch, and it was, without a doubt, the best day of my life. We cannot thank Tamie, and the Vinwood Catering staff enough for their hard work, dedication and patience over the last year and half. If you choose Vinwood as your caterer (and you should!), I hope you are lucky enough to work directly with Mackenzie. She was my rock, and friend(!) through this process, and made menu selection and decision making actually fun! Her input and help with everything was on point, and our guests are STILL raving about the quality of the food, and all the wonderful Vinwood staff. We are so glad our stressful venue searching process brought us to The Hellenic Center. I couldn't imagine my wedding anywhere else. Money definitely well spent!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

I got married at the Hellenic Center in September and it was absolutely perfect. The weather was awesome and the outdoor areas were still green and perfect for photos. Tamie is the event coordinator at the Hellenic Center and she did a great job the day of. She was attentive... Read More an helped make the day go by smoothly- you can tell she has a lot of experience. The only thing I would say is that she seems to be the only one planning the events at the Hellenic Center, so she is understandably very busy and sometimes hard to contact. Once the date got closer she was very attentive to our needs, but if you're trying to reach out and get a meeting set up you may have to be patient with her response time, but it's worth it!

The Northshore's Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 E M

I had my wedding at the Hellenic Center on June 15, 2013 and I could not be happier with my experience. The wedding coordinator, Tamie, really knows what she's doing and she was meticulous in overseeing every detail. From the very beginning of my wedding planning experience,... Read More Tamie was extremely helpful and responsive. She is also a very sweet person and was so easy to work with. I went with Vinwood Caterers and together they were a great team to work with. The execution of the event was flawless. There were a couple of issues that popped up (someone fainted at the cocktail reception, for example) and Tamie and the Vinwood staff handled it all with grace and incredible professionalism. Regarding the actual Hellenic Center, I think this is the perfect spot for understated elegance. I wanted to host my wedding at a place that felt like a historic, warm and elegant New England home and that is exactly what I got. My wedding motif was romantic classic with a bit of a vintage feel and the Hellenic Center was the perfect venue to capture this. I also had a multicultural wedding and both the Hellenic Center and Vinwood were fantastic at meeting all our special cultural requests. All my guests were in awe of how beautiful the estate and grounds were. Because the Hellenic Center was recently renovated and updated, it is so classically beautiful that you really don't even need a lot of decorations. I didn't do uplighting or over the top centerpieces. I just stuck with the chandelier lighting, candles and medium rose centerpieces and it looked absolutely gorgeous. Also, since Vinwood provides floral pieces for the the stations and bar, the place looked extra beautiful. The service provided by both Hellenic and Vinwood was exceptional - very professional, timely and smooth. Also, Tamie threw is a few extra goodies for us (e.g. wine service during dinner) at no extra cost, which really gave a special touch. Finally, the value was really great for such fantastic service, beautiful grounds and a gorgeous estate!

2014-07-23T16:29:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We hope you are doing well and enjoying your happy marriage! :)

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Jeanine C

Our October wedding at the Hellenic Center was AMAZING. I received so many compliments, and still receive so many compliments weeks after the wedding! It is such a beautiful, breathtaking venue- and Tamie was such a pleasure to work with. She was very responsive and so helpful-... Read More she had great ideas during the planning process and always answered my emails promptly. Additionally, Mackenzie with Vinwood Caterers was also a joy to work with and was so accommodating. She had great menu suggestions, and I can't even count how many people told me it was not only the best wedding they had ever been to, but hands down the best food they had ever had at any wedding! People are still talking/asking about the butternut squash ravioli and the short ribs...they want to know where and how to get them! The day was phenomenal, and I am so glad I chose The Hellenic Center for our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Savannah R

The Hellenic Center was the perfect location to host our Fall 2015 wedding. We got married in late October, and the atmosphere, location and venue were just perfect. The grouds were meticulous and the foliage in the area was just perfect. We worked with Tamie and Mackenzie... Read More from Vinwood on everything, and they were experienced, professional and fun to work with. Because of how closely they were willing to work together, it made the entire planning process seamless and we knew what to expect at every step. They were very responsive and accommodating leading up to the wedding and on the day of the event. We knew who to go to on the day of the wedding and didn't have to worry about anything - even last minute changes. The team was excellent and our family, friends and bridal party all had an amazing day that we'll never forget!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Savannah R

We hosted our reception on October 24, 2015 at The Hellenic Center, and the experience was just perfect. My husband, family and friends had the best experience and our vendors all worked together so well. We worked with Mackenzie at Vinwood who worked flawlessly with Tamie at... Read More The Hellenic Center in advance and up to the day of the wedding, making everything seamless and easy. They were so excited about making our day perfect and building a relationship with us, that we would recommend our friends and others to host their wedding or other special event here in a heartbeat! The amenities offered by the venue were also excellent - the bridal and groom suites are wonderful, the staff is very accommodating and personable. They are just the best!!

2015-10-30T20:27:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Savannah! It was a pleasure working with the two of you! We wish you the best of luck on your journey together as husband and wife! Cordially, Tamie and Mackenzie

July 24

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jen B

Everything eas perfect. I would not change one thing! The picture with Alisha Harris were smooth and quick, and they came out perfect. The food provided by Tim Hopkins catering was OUTSANDING and people are still raving about it!! We danced the night away from introductions... Read More till the very end of the night with our 8 piece band radiance!!! Our flowers filled the room with warmth and beauty which set the perfect mood. The Hellenic was smooth from start to finish ha fling all the details with the Hopkins staff. I would not change one thing

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

The Hellenic Center beat all my expectations and we were 100% satisfied with it. I always thought it was a beautiful place but on our day in July, with it all decorated and ready for us and filled with our 220 guests and our daughter's wedding party, it was magical. Tamie and... Read More Mackenzie were great to work with and they had everything under control the whole day of the wedding. We worried about very little that day. Vinwood Catering was equally wonderful. Our guests kept exclaiming over the beautiful venue and awesome food. I highly recommend The Hellenic Center!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

I have nothing but the very best to say about the Hellenic Center and the wonderful staff we worked with! My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the Hellenic Center this July. Tamie and Mackenzie (the event manager and coordinator) were so amazing. They genuinely... Read More cared about us and our day, and they helped to make our wedding exactly as we had pictured. It makes a big difference when you work with friendly, experienced, genuine individuals which is exactly what you get with the Hellenic Center! They were so helpful when we had questions regarding the day, and they took care of all the small details on the day of the wedding which allowed my family and I to really enjoy the day. We had several meetings leading up to the wedding which allowed us all to get to know each other and made my groom and I feel confident that the day would go smoothly. The Hellenic Center property and ballroom is absolutely gorgeous. Our ceremony was in the back lawn underneath the beautiful oak tree, our cocktail hour on the grassy patio out back, and our reception in the breath-taking ballroom! Everything on our day was timed so perfectly due to Mackenzie and Tamie's experience. The day went off without a hitch...and when you have 200+ guests at your wedding like we did, that is saying a lot. The Hellenic Center also has the best recommendations in local DJs, florists, and other vendors. We were so thankful for their welcomed advice in helping us choose our extremely talented vendors. We are so thankful to have been able to have our dream day at the Hellenic Center, and I give it the highest recommendation!!

August 2015 Wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

Tamie and The Hellenic Center are amazing! Tamie is quick to respond to emails/phone calls, she always goes the extra mile to help you meet your wedding dreams, and she has an incredible amount of knowledge and expertise in planning the perfect day! The grounds of the Hellenic... Read More Center are absolutely beautiful! I cannot give enough positive feedback about Tamie, the entire staff, and the venue itself. Our wedding was amazing because of the handwork, expertise, and kindness of Tamie and this incredible venue!

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Jill P

We got married on 8/8/15 at the Hellenic Center. Tamie was amazing! The grounds were beautiful and we've gotten so many compliments on how perfect our wedding location was. We had our ceremony outside by the oak tree at 5:30, the lighting was perfect, absolutely breathtaking.... Read More You could hear birds chirping in the background during our vows, it sounds cheesy, but it was like a fairy-tale. I wouldn't change one thing about our wedding, it was the perfect location fo us!

2015-10-30T20:30:11 Response from the vendor

Dear Jill & Jon, Mackenzie and I loved working with the two of you! We can't thank you enough for choosing The Hellenic Center and for sharing such a special time in your life with us. Cordially, Tamie

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Emily F

Get married at the Hellenic Center!! This place is wonderful, it is beautiful inside and out. The grounds are immaculate and the inside is recently updated and equally as gorgeous. We chose this location due to the beautiful site and we wanted to get married outside but the... Read More inside is just as lovely. Tamie is the event coordinator/site manager and is also wonderful. She guided us through the entire process planning up till the wedding and then on the day of she was on point. She made sure that we were where we needed to be when we needed to be there. She communicates primarily through email (which is fine by me) and responds within 72 hrs. She provided excellent advice and guided us with decision making without any reservations. I would get married there again in a heartbeat.

2015-10-30T20:33:43 Response from the vendor

Dear Emily, Thank you for the wonderful review! Mackenzie and I love what we do and each any every couple deserves a perfect day!if you every decide to renew your vows, not get married again LOL! We will be there for the two of you!... Read Less Read More

Hellenic Center review

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Elizabeth F

My husband and I were married at The Hellenic Center this month and we had such a wonderful experience with Tamie, the event and venue manager, throughout the entire process. She made our special day flow effortlessly, kept us on time, and even helped with some of the setup,... Read More which was greatly appreciated. She had wonderful feedback, ideas, and genuinely wanted to make our wedding day special for us. The Hellenic Center is breathtaking in its own right and provides such a classic backdrop for a wedding or any event. We could not have been happier!

Hellenic Ctr

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Tiffany P

My wedding at the Hellenic Center was perfect. Tamie was amazing; super helpful, responsive and ensured all the details came together perfectly! Could not have asked for a more stress-free and amazing day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Lauren P

Our reception at the Hellenic Center was perfect- large in part to Tamie and her wonderful staff! We had our cocktail hour outdoors, and the way they have decorated the space is simply gorgeous! The trees and bushes have lights and lanterns which, along with the archway and... Read More gazebo, make for some beautiful pictures. We had decided to do a number of DIY decorating projects for inside the venue, and Tamie and her team set everything up and made it better than we could have imagined! Every detail was spot on and every part of our wedding was executed perfectly. We couldn't be happier with our selection of the Hellenic Center! And our guests have not stopped raving about the space! Thank you, Tamie!

Story book fairytale wedding on the summer solstice

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

OMG my wedding was STUNNING. The venue was everything-- private, secluded, serene, romantic, and MAGICAL. I love all the nature and greenery, as well as the outdoor patio lights strung around tree branches and along the roof of the estate. There were also outdoor chandeliers... Read More that made the venue look like a page out of a story book. Every corner was a photo op (Bharat Palmer Photography)! There is so much attention to detail that Tamie Rodolosi puts in to create the fairy tale ambiance. It truly is a DREAM VENUE and Wedding planning team for any event. I love that the venue is SO CLOSE to Gloucester. You can just sneak away at the end of the night to your cozy oceanfront hotel (Gloucester Inn By The Sea). My ceremony was held in their outdoor space on a quaint lawn. There was a giant wooden arbor with crystals and roses (Pepperberry's Flowers) where we happily said our vows. It was such a picture perfect scene. The cocktail hour was outside, signature cocktails (created by my husband and I), 2 sushi rollers, array of passed Hors d'oeuvre (Vinwood caterers) and a kick ass cigar bar for the guys. Reception was held in their indoor ballroom. The reception area was gorgeous-- beautiful fireplaces, grand piano, brand new contemporary bar, immaculate vintage restrooms, 3 sets of French doors leading to the wrap around deck with heated lamps, hardwood floors thru out --basically an enchanting estate in the woods. The service was phenomenal and all the staff (Vinwood Caterers) were friendly and helpful. The event coordinators (Tamie Rodolosi her asst Mackenie Grenert and Danielle Maccini were all super on top of everything--making sure that the entire wedding ran seamlessly and perfectly without any hiccups.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Amanda H

My husband and I searched for months trying to find the best place to have our September wedding. After looking at dozens of places online and a handful in person we came across the Hellenic Center. My mother had heard great reviews and they were nothing short of the truth. The... Read More grounds were amazing, the staff was so personable and our guests haven't stopped talking about it! We married on a beautiful 70 degree day on 9/26/14 with the ceremony in front of the gazebo (the first one's to do so!) and then had the cocktail hour in the middle section with the reception inside under the sparkling chandeliers. I will be recommending the Hellenic Center for years to come- Any bride would be lucky to be married here!!

Very Happy September Bride

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Rachel D

A huge thank you to Tamie and Mackenzie for making our wedding day such a success. It was a wonderful experience working with the team at the Hellenic Center and I can't rave about them enough. There is note one detail we would change about our day, it was totally perfect. Thank... Read More you to Tamie and Mackenzie for listening to all my many requests and details, the entire day was so wonderful!

2014-10-22T08:04:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review of our services Rachel! :) We are beyond happy that we were able to help make your special day a dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Jenn O

We absolutely loved having our wedding at the Hellenic Center. Right when we pulled into the driveway we knew we had to get married here. The wedding coordinator Tamie and Mackenzie are awesome. There are so many options on the grounds to choose where you want to get married. We... Read More decided on the oak tree because we loved having our cocktail hour in the big grass area. The venue itself has beautiful hardwood floors and it is basically a clean slate and you are able to design the floor plan and bring in all the decorations you want. I loved this the most because I was able to make our wedding exactly how I wanted. I have had so many compliments on our weddding and people saying the wedding was "me". I highly reccommend brides check out this venue because you can make it as special as you are.

2014-10-07T20:06:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much for taking the time to review us! The complements about both the staff at The Hellenic Center, and the grounds mean the world to us! We are so happy that we were able to help make your wedding day a dream... Read Less Read More

Very Personable Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Christine P

We had our reception at the Hellenic Center in August. It was absolutely beautiful and so many of our guests have not stopped talking about it! It's kind of a hidden gem and not many people know about it. It is the perfect location for a Wedding in the North shore area. The... Read More grounds are spectacular. The best part of the experience was working with the coordinator, Tamie. She was amazing! You need someone who you can instantly trust and know she will be there to make your big day special. From the moment you meet her and then throughout the whole process, she was amazing. We had a great time and we highly recommend them!

2014-10-07T20:04:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! It means so much to us to get back all of your positive feedback about your experience at The Hellenic Center. I am sad to see that you gave us 4-stars on service and... Read Less Read More

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Denise A

Tamie and her staff at the Hellenic Center are incredibly professional, responsive, and easy to work with. The planning process was fun and ran smoothly with Tamie. The venue is beautiful, inside and out. On the day of our wedding there was a big storm, but Tamie and her staff... Read More did an amazing job ensuring that everything ran seamlessly, and everyone had a great time! I would highly recommend the Hellenic Center to anyone.

2014-10-07T20:03:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Denise for taking the time to review us! We are so happy that we were able to contribute in making your "Perfect Storm" Wedding an absolute success! :)

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 9/29/2014

My husband and I wanted a simple yet elegant wedding that we could customize to fit our style, and that's exactly what we got. Although the catering options are limited, going with Vinwood Catering is the smart choice because these vendors work so seamlessly together. Tamie was... Read More fantastic on the day of and took care of everything very professionally. Calling is a little better than emailing if you want to get in touch with the staff.

2014-10-07T20:01:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at The Hellenic Center on The Knot! :) We appreciate it so much! We are so happy to hear that we were able to make your wedding day extra special for you and... Read Less Read More

Beyond Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Maureen S

The Hellenic Center is amazing! It has beautiful reception area, and the outside grounds are breath taking. Tamie and Mackenzie are just wonderful, and so easy to work with. They are both so attentive and know how to take care of the Bride and Groom so there isn't a worry in the... Read More world during their wedding. I would recommend them to everyone for their special day!!!

2014-09-29T17:03:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Maureen! We are so happy that we were able to make your special day so perfect for you and Chris! :)

Best day ever!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Mariah W

We were married here in late August 2014 and from the day we chose The Hellenic Center as the location for our wedding, everything came together perfectly. Tamie, the wedding coordinator, was a major factor to us choosing this location. She was professional and on point... Read More throughout the planning process. She knows exactly how to run a wedding and we were not disappointed with our decision. The Hellenic Center was the perfect location for us as we held the ceremony and cocktail hour outside on the lawn and the reception in the ballroom. Even the bridal suite and grooms suite were just right! As for price, we decided a Friday night wedding was best for us which brought the room rental down a bit and the cost compared to other venues in the area was right in our budget. It was an amazing value considering the team that comes along with it! My husband and I could not be happier with our day.

2014-09-08T15:53:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Mariah and Phil! We also received your flowers you had sent to us at The Hellenic Center and want to extend our gratitude for your kindness :) They are absolutely beautiful!! We hope that the two of you are enjoying the... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Josh D

This venue was perfect! The wedding coordinator paired with the preferred vendor work splendidly together! There were a few things missed but nothing that anyone besides myself or my husband would have noticed. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to get... Read More married on the North Shore!

2014-09-08T15:54:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy that we were able to contribute to yours and your husband's special day! :)