The Hellenic Center

Ipswich, MA

Book Your Wedding with The Hellenic Center

A BALLROOM IN IPSWICH, MA

The Sculpted Garden. This lush, formal garden graced with a charming white gazebo, makes a beautiful backdrop to say "I do." A breezy tented structure can be erected on the grounds for cocktail hour or a polished outdoor reception. The sprawling lawn can accommodate intimate weddings or more elaborate celebrations of up to 250 guests.

The Mansion Ballroom. This oversized room, flanked by grand fireplaces and boasting glossy wooden floors, can host events of up to 250 people in its open spaces. Brilliant chandeliers, French doors opening into the sculpted garden and gorgeous arched windows complete its refined appeal. A handsome polished staircase leads to the bridal suite and groom's lounge, each with private bath, upstairs. The airy veranda is a nice place for cocktails and mingling with guests.

The Hellenic Center gives couples exclusive use of the premises for their wedding day; wedding packages include five hours of event time, although you can purchase additional time in half-hour increments. You also enjoy the services of a professional wedding coordinator to help you plan your event.

The Hellenic Center works with three catering professionals—Ithaki Modern Mediterranean, Timothy S. Hopkins and Vinwood Caterers—so you can design a menu that surpasses your expectations. All alcoholic beverage packages must be arranged through The Hellenic Center itself, and bartenders are included in the venue rental price.

The venue rental package also includes dining tables and gold Chiavari chairs; you can arrange your linens, china and glassware with your catering professional. Catering packages are based on a 100-guest minimum. The Hellenic Center partners with several wedding service professionals including bakeries, photographers, DJs and florists, although couples are free to work with the vendor of their choice. Please note, The Hellenic Center is a completely smoke-free facility, although smoking is allowed on the estate grounds.

The Hellenic Center offers couples several extra perks to make their wedding planning easier:

• Free guest parking for up to 200 cars
  • Special pricing for members of the Greek Orthodox Church in Ipswich

North Shore's Hidden Gem

This pristine estate with its exquisite mansion will set the tone for your magical wedding day. The sprawling lawn is a picturesque setting for an outdoor ceremony or cocktail hour. The ballroom consists of hardwood floors, crystal chandeliers, fireplaces, and French doors that overlook the garden.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Planning, Service Staff

340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100

117 County Rd, Ipswich, MA (978) 356-4742
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Brittany P

My husband and I are so happy we chose the Hellenic Center for our wedding. We had our heart set on a city wedding in a hotel, but when we found the Hellenic Center, the space blew us away. The open space is so easy to convert into anything you like. Since we went with the... Read More open concept we were able to bring in pipe & drape, outside table cloths, and more decorations than we would have elsewhere. The space also allows you many options. We had our ceremony outside, but when the weather started to look iffy, we had a tent brought in. There were so many different plans for the day and ended up being able to use the outside space for our ceremony but also use the tent space (side of the building) for our cocktail hour. The entire property is extremely well kept and beautiful. Tamie is wonderful and very attentive. If anything, you can tell she has done this for many years and the center does many many weddings a year. Sometimes it is difficult to get in contact with Tamie, but she also answered our questions and did everything we needed and more. We are so happy we had our wedding where we did and wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Amanda C

Our October wedding at The Hellenic Center was everything we had dreamed about. The grounds are beautiful and our wedding guests loved the romantic feel of the mansion. We especially loved working with Tamie who made sure EVERY request was met and mirrored my appreciation for... Read More small details. She offered advice when we were selecting vendors and helped me plan remotely. We're so happy we chose Tamie and The Hellenic Center! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Eliza H

How can I begin? From the moment we stepped onto the property, we knew it was the place for us. Even the drive down the winding driveway lined with trees was magical. Then we met Tamie and it sealed the deal! She is so kind and easy going. She made us feel comfortable about the... Read More entire process and offered great ideas, many of which we used! She is also very flexible and worked with my husband and I to make our vision come to life. The property is extremely well cared for. My girls and I got ready the morning of, and the bridal suit was perfect! Enough room for 9 of us to comfortably get ready and relax, plus my makeup artist and 2 hair stylists! The gardens are beautiful and very well manicured. We held our ceremony under the large tree, and it was perfect. The dining room is a fantastic setting for a beautiful evening of dining and dancing! My guests are still complimenting the venue. As much as a beautiful setting can make a wedding, it is truly the behind the scenes coordination that ties everything together. Tamie worked so wonderfully with my wedding planner to ensure the day ran smoothly. She also has a great relationship with the caterers (Vinwood Catering), so everything was done exactly as I hoped. It was raining the entire morning of my wedding day, and I went through all of the options of our rain plan before finally making a decision. Tamie was calm and relaxed through it all, which helped me also stay calm. If there were any issues the day of, I had absolutely no idea. From my point of view, everything was more than perfect! Overall, The Hellenic Center is an amazing venue with wonderful staff who helped to make my wedding the best day of my life. I highly recommend this wedding venue to anyone out there still searching for that perfect place!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Samantha C

Loved loved loved the Hellenic Center. Tamie is amazing and exactly who you want to work with for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Taylor H

The Hellenic Center checked all the boxes for us: a lovely outdoor space for the ceremony and cocktail hour, beautiful bride and groom suites, a mansion/vintage style, and a reasonable price tag. We toured about 12 venues and The Hellenic Center was our top choice by far. Tamie... Read More is so nice and easy to work with and has many years of experience. She gave us some great decor and logistical suggestions that we ended up using for the wedding. Since she’s basically a one-woman show at The Hellenic Center, it can be tough to get ahold of her at times. However, if something was very time-sensitive I was always able to reach her by text. We appreciated how our rental was for the ENTIRE day. Someone let us into the building early in the morning and we were able to hang out all day doing hair and makeup. I know some other venues won’t let you in until a few hours ahead of time. Being there all day made me feel much more relaxed and in control of the day. On the day of the wedding, a different woman named Mackenzie showed up to coordinate instead of Tamie. We were disappointed that Tamie didn’t contact us to say that she wasn’t going to be there. Mackenzie was very nice and professional, but since she wasn’t involved in any of the planning discussions there were some lapses in communication (as might be expected). For example, she walked up to my MOH during the ceremony and told her to take my bouquet when we had intentionally planned for me to keep the bouquet. Also, she was trying to direct my wedding party to do their entrances in a different location than we had planned. Overall nothing major however. All in all, we had a great experience and would recommend The Hellenic Center, especially if you are looking for an outdoor ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Julianne F

My husband and I got married in July 2017. Tammie was awesome! She was there for every step of the planning process and every minute of the wedding day. We couldn't have asked for her to be any more attentive. She treated our day as if it were her family. The grounds were... Read More phenomenal as was the mansion. We HIGHLY recommend this venue - you'll get the best of both worlds, exterior and interior party!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Katie E

The Hellenic Center was the most beautiful venue and we couldn't have imagined anything more perfect. The wedding coordinator, Tamie saved the day on numerous occasions. She was so calm and helpful! We couldn't have done it without her!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Vanessa A

The Hellenic Center was the person venue for our wedding. The grounds are beautifully kept and the inside is stunning with chandeliers, pianos and hardwood floors. Tamie the coordinator was wonderful and makes planning so simple. Our wedding was actually the first wedding we... Read More both have ever been to so we had no clue what we were doing but Tamie made sure everything ame together effortlessly. We got married under the big oak tree with coctail hour behind the mansion and reception to follow inside the mansion. The bridal suite is elegant and perfect for getting ready in. We went with Vinwood( 1 of 3 caterers you have to choose) and everyone raved about the food! I highly recommend the Hellenic Center for your wedding venue or any other special event 💕

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Katie V

We knew from the moment we walked through the front doors of the mansion that the Hellenic Center is where we wanted to get married. There was absolutely no comparison to the gorgeous ballroom with floor-to-ceiling windows, the beautiful, spacious bridal suite and the expansive,... Read More well-maintained grounds. We didn’t think there was anything that could make the venue more appealing, but then we met Tamie. During our first visit she made us feel so comfortable and explained everything we needed to know to make our decision. We didn’t leave with any unanswered questions. Over the months leading up to our wedding day, she guided us with her knowledge and patience, helping us plan the perfect day that she then made a reality on July 15th. On the day of our wedding, we were stress-free knowing the setup and timeline were in her hands. Thank you Tamie and the Hellenic Center for making our dream wedding come true!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Erica D

I can't thank Tammie enough for helping me make my dream wedding come true! My wedding guest keep taking about how beautiful this hidden mansion was! Tammie knows everything that you need help with. I had no idea where to begin when planning my wedding and she helped me figure... Read More out anything i was confused about! The grounds of the Hellenic center are so beautiful, such a elegant, classy venue. If you are looking for hidden GEM THE Hellenic Center is your venue. My wedding went off with out a hitch I simply had the perfect day and I owe that to Tammie and Timothy Hopkins catering and all the staff. I could not be more happy with everything.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Tara M

This is a lovely location. The backyard is stunning. We got married under the giant oak tree. It was a little unfortunate that there had been a drought, and Ipswich had a "no watering" rule, so everything wasn't as green as it could have been, but it was still beautiful. On... Read More the day of the event, it felt like I didn't have to worry about any of the details. The staff at the Hellenic Center were professional and helpful. The bridal suite was a little warm, but they provided fans for us, which helped.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Marla D

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Hellenic Center this past October. The whole day was magical. The space is clean and well kept and although the weather did not cooperate for an outdoor cocktail hour, the property still looked beautiful in the rain. They do a... Read More great job with the landscaping and fall is a perfect time to be married at the Hellenic Center. We worked with Vinwood Caterers who did a fabulous job, from our first meeting to our final prep call, and made sure the day went very smoothly. The bridal suite is perfect to get ready in and spacious if you also use the groomsmen room for hair and makeup. The Hellenic Center has a very romantic feel with a beautiful bar and chandeliers. There are hardwood floors and the walls are painted neutrally so it is easy to dress-up the space to fit the style of any wedding. We had a large number of quests, a little over 200, a 7 piece band, as well as, food stations and managed to fit comfortably in the space. The only negative aspect of our experience was that it was often difficult to reach the event coordinator, Tamie, via phone or email. This led to multiple follow ups, confusion with our specific wedding day plans and an overbooked final prep meeting. It appeared to me that the Hellenic Center was very understaffed relative to the number of weddings they put on each weekend. Although disappointed in that particular aspect of the process, I would still recommend the Hellenic Center to any bride who is organized and willing to take charge!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Emily M

We got married this past weekend. We worked closely with Tamie throughout the whole planning process. She was great to work with, answered any and all questions and allowed us to come to the venue whenever we needed. Although Tamie was sick for our wedding, her staff, Mackenzie... Read More and Erin, ran things extremely smoothly the day of. They checked in on me that morning, consulted with me during set up, and helped the other vendors throughout the night. As a bride, I felt heard and helped all day and night. Tamie and her staff are amazing. The Hellenic Center made for a beautiful venue for our fall wedding and we couldn't be happier. Our guests have continued to rave about the venue and how great the wedding was. Thank you to all who took part in making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jennifer C

My husband and I got married at the Hellenic Center in June and could not have been happier with our choice of venue. The building and property are gorgeous, and you get a lot of flexibility in choosing the ceremony location and type of decorations. Moreover, Tamie, the event... Read More coordinator, was amazing! Not only was she very helpful in the planning phase, but she made sure everything went flawlessly during the wedding. We had planned for an outdoor ceremony, but it was raining on and off on our wedding day. I was convinced that we would have to decide hours before the ceremony whether or not to bring it indoors due to set up, but there was no pressure from Tamie to make a final decision. In fact, we were able to decide just a few minutes before the ceremony start time to keep the ceremony outdoors! I don't think there are many venues that provide that amount of flexibility; it was so appreciated because we were able to have the ceremony just as we had planned.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Nicole C

Just had my October 9th wedding here and it was amazing!! Unfortunately we had hurricane Matthew rain out what was supposed to be our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. I was a little nervous about plan B but Tamie and her staff made the transition to Plan B seamless. Several... Read More people spoke to me after the event saying they couldn't believe it was supposed to be outside because everything inside was organized perfectly! Everything looked gorgeous and the transitions from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception were seamless. The setup of guest books etc also had to change but again it was totally stress free and gorgeous thanks to Tamie and the staff! My whole bridal party was also allowed to get into the Hellenic center at 8am to start on hair make up etc all on site which was extremely helpful in the flow of the day! I had the time of my life the day of my wedding and everyone was extremely accomodating making sure myself and my now husband as well as wedding party and guests had food in our bellies and drinks in our hand! I would highly recommend Tamie and the Hellenic Center for your event!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lindsey C

The Hellenic Center is an absolutely gorgeous venue from start to finish with its stunning bridal suite to the perfectly manicured grounds to the beautiful ballroom. The Hellenic Center and Tamie truely go above and beyond to make your wedding day picture perfect. The only... Read More downfall is that Tamie manages this whole venue all by herself so you may wait days for your phone calls or emails to be responded to. I think with a second full time employee the venue could truly reach its full potential but none the less, the Hellenic Center is a great value and a classy total package! You will not be disappointed if you choose to use The Hellenic Center as your wedding venue!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Andrea M

Gorgeous location! Tamie, the event coordinator was very helpful and flexible. You have options here and they aren't as strict (decoration-wise) as some other locations. Everything was planned out and timed to a T. Tamie has soooooo much experience with wedding coordinating... Read More that you will have all your questions answered. You have the also have the option to have your ceremony at numerous spots throughout the property. We used Vinwood Catering and I would use them again for any event.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Amy N

The Hellenic Center was the perfect venue for our wedding! It is such a beautiful and unique place. Tamie was such a pleasure to work with; she was organized and always so accommodating. What stood out to us the most about the venue was that we never felt like we had to adhere... Read More to certain specific standards/restrictions that some venues have. Tamie was so flexible and let us make our day exactly how we wanted it. I would highly recommend the venue not only for the gorgeous setting but also for the people you work with throughout the process - they made it that much more enjoyable!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Joseph R

Overall, the space is absolutely stunning. I would be considerate of really warm days if you plan on getting ready in the suite because it gets very warm. The outside area is something from a movie, and I cannot wait to see how amazing the photos come out.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Migena M

GET MARRIED HERE! Tammi the wedding coordinator there is AMAZING hands down the best experience I could have asked for! Venue price is reasonable and the venue is GORGEOUS!! The bridal suite and groom suite were big and beautiful and no additional fees to use the suite to... Read More get ready before the wedding! We had our ceremony right outside, I loved it! there is several options for an outside ceremony! and plan B is even beautiful! The venue has so much potential that any theme you want works! Tammi is extremely helpful and with you the entire wedding in case you need something. As a bride this was extremely help to stay on track! with everything that was going on! We both loved the Hellenic Center, and our guests were in AW at how beautiful it was!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Jeanine C

Our October wedding at the Hellenic Center was AMAZING. I received so many compliments, and still receive so many compliments weeks after the wedding! It is such a beautiful, breathtaking venue- and Tamie was such a pleasure to work with. She was very responsive and so helpful-... Read More she had great ideas during the planning process and always answered my emails promptly. Additionally, Mackenzie with Vinwood Caterers was also a joy to work with and was so accommodating. She had great menu suggestions, and I can't even count how many people told me it was not only the best wedding they had ever been to, but hands down the best food they had ever had at any wedding! People are still talking/asking about the butternut squash ravioli and the short ribs...they want to know where and how to get them! The day was phenomenal, and I am so glad I chose The Hellenic Center for our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Savannah R

The Hellenic Center was the perfect location to host our Fall 2015 wedding. We got married in late October, and the atmosphere, location and venue were just perfect. The grouds were meticulous and the foliage in the area was just perfect. We worked with Tamie and Mackenzie... Read More from Vinwood on everything, and they were experienced, professional and fun to work with. Because of how closely they were willing to work together, it made the entire planning process seamless and we knew what to expect at every step. They were very responsive and accommodating leading up to the wedding and on the day of the event. We knew who to go to on the day of the wedding and didn't have to worry about anything - even last minute changes. The team was excellent and our family, friends and bridal party all had an amazing day that we'll never forget!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Savannah R

We hosted our reception on October 24, 2015 at The Hellenic Center, and the experience was just perfect. My husband, family and friends had the best experience and our vendors all worked together so well. We worked with Mackenzie at Vinwood who worked flawlessly with Tamie at... Read More The Hellenic Center in advance and up to the day of the wedding, making everything seamless and easy. They were so excited about making our day perfect and building a relationship with us, that we would recommend our friends and others to host their wedding or other special event here in a heartbeat! The amenities offered by the venue were also excellent - the bridal and groom suites are wonderful, the staff is very accommodating and personable. They are just the best!!

2015-10-30T20:27:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Savannah! It was a pleasure working with the two of you! We wish you the best of luck on your journey together as husband and wife! Cordially, Tamie and Mackenzie

July 24

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jen B

Everything eas perfect. I would not change one thing! The picture with Alisha Harris were smooth and quick, and they came out perfect. The food provided by Tim Hopkins catering was OUTSANDING and people are still raving about it!! We danced the night away from introductions... Read More till the very end of the night with our 8 piece band radiance!!! Our flowers filled the room with warmth and beauty which set the perfect mood. The Hellenic was smooth from start to finish ha fling all the details with the Hopkins staff. I would not change one thing

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

The Hellenic Center beat all my expectations and we were 100% satisfied with it. I always thought it was a beautiful place but on our day in July, with it all decorated and ready for us and filled with our 220 guests and our daughter's wedding party, it was magical. Tamie and... Read More Mackenzie were great to work with and they had everything under control the whole day of the wedding. We worried about very little that day. Vinwood Catering was equally wonderful. Our guests kept exclaiming over the beautiful venue and awesome food. I highly recommend The Hellenic Center!