The Hotel Pattee

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

1112 Willis Ave, Perry, IA

Best Venue

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Nicole R

I would completely recommend having a wedding/reception at the Hotel Pattee. The whole day was laid back and everything was completely taken care of by the wedding coordinator. We had the wedding and reception outside with a small cocktail hour inside. They provided all the... Read More food, drinks, desserts and decorations. It was absolutely beautiful and also had a champagne toast... This place is amazing and the staff are wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Jessica H

This venue is beautiful. We got married in the courtyard outside and had our reception inside. When we first met with the banquet manager, things seemed great and we booked them and sent out our deposit. By the end, I had to ask questions multiple times to get them answered and... Read More some of them weren't answered correctly anyway. The banquet manager was fired half way through and so we got switched to a different woman which was obviously not her fault but it made it more difficult. The night before during set up they didn't have the vases out or clean when we were supposed to use them, the linens they had on the tables were terribly stained and I had to demand that they change them immediately. We were told from the beginning that because we were marrying on a Sunday that no other weddings would be booked that weekend. There were 2 booked the day before which made it extremely difficult to get in and start our set up on time. The front desk/ reservation folks are AWFUL! We had rooms blocked and they messed so many of them up, it was ridiculous. Even after those people had called to confirm. They give a confirmation number but they don't mean anything. They messed up my parents reservation but when my dad said he had the conf number they said they dont "go by those." Friends of ours had their wedding hotel block here a month before ours and had comparable experiences. They didn't book the shuttle service from reception to hotel until 2 days before the wedding because they forgot! The room we stayed in was wonderful and we really loved it but because of our other experience, we probably won't stay there again.

Gorgeous Venue makes up staff

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Julie O

I was so excited to have our wedding at the Hotel Pattee. We had our ceremony in the courtyard outside where the walls were covered in Ivy, and there was 4 trees that made a perfect arbor which was perfect for the pastor, ourselves, and our bridal party to stand. The hotel is... Read More very unique and beautiful. The rooms are all themed, and were lots of fun for our guests to stay in. Rich, the chef, makes delicious food. The pricing was reasonable, and there wasn't a food cost minimum. They have a full Aveda spa downstairs. I would have used this had we known about it prior to the day of the wedding. I hope the hotel puts out a brochure that includes all of their wonderful amenities and begins to offer them to brides and their bridal party. I am sure we would have stayed and gotten our hair and makeup done there if we had been aware if it. Make sure you go in and work with the staff on your event. They have great services, but struggle to offer them to you without you asking. The banquet manager and sales manager were very frustrating to us and had little follow through. We met with them many times prior to the wedding and each time it seemed like we had to start from scratch. This was very nerve-wracking as a bride. In the end, everything went smoothly. If you have a wedding planner, I'm sure they would work with the hotel instead of you and take care of everything. We did it all ourselves, which is why I'm sure we ran into these issues. Overall, LOVED the venue. Hope the staff gets better so that they can continue to have beautiful weddings there. :)

Beautiful Gem, Poor Management

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Dyanna W

I would not recommend this to any couple getting married unless you plan on micromanaging and having less than professional service. It's unfortunate because it is an absolutely beautiful venue. However, if I could do it over again, I would move it elsewhere and pay more for... Read More peace of mind.

Wonderful reception place!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Ashley K

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Hotel Pattee and couldn’t have been happier with the service, food and overall atmosphere. The waiters and waitresses were efficient, courteous and did a wonderful job! Planning a reception with the Hotel was a breeze as well,... Read More with the helpful and accommodating staff. We love the Hotel Pattee!

Fairy Tale Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 5/20/2011 Stacy B

We had our April 30th wedding at the Hotel Pattee. The ballroom is beautiful and the hotel makes a perfect setting for pictures! We held the ceremony in their outdoor courtyard, which was absolutely amazing. The hotel is historic and the details throughout the hotel are... Read More unmatched anywhere in the area. We were told by many guests that the food was some of the best wedding food they had ever had. They are also very reasonably priced. We live in West Des Moines and this was the perfect location for our wedding, easy to get to, and will be a wonderful place for us to return to for weekend getaways. I cannot say enough about how helpful Amanda and the rest of the staff at the hotel were for making our big day a success. We had 160 guests attend our wedding. The hotel provides table linens, vases for the tables, beautiful chairs, flatware, china, and crystal. This is an incredible value! They also have a two lane bowling alley in the hotel. We had late night bowling with the wedding party after the reception concluded. They also have a wonderful Sunday brunch at the hotel, which was a great way for us to see some of our guests one more time!