The Hudson Cakery

Serving NJ & NY Metro

Modern Cakes with a Delicate Touch

We are a custom cake boutique with an emphasis on taste. Every cake we design, is tailored to your needs -- from mild to wild, we treat each one as a work of art. Let us create an unforgettable edible centerpiece for your special day! Email us today for a quote on the cake of your dreams.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Nut Free

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

1816 Willow Ave, Weehawken, NJ
Serving NJ & NY Metro

Amazing cakes and service!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Alyssa C

I decided to check out the Hudson Cakery because I'm a local resident and my bus went passed it on a daily basis and I was intrigued by its "appointment only" policy. I looked up the website and immediately fell in love with the cake and cupcake designs. The cake flavors also... Read More seemed innovative and fun. We set up a tasting and met Jen at her shop. First of all, she is a delight. Professional, nice, creative and adorable, Jen is a dream to work with. She asked us before the tasting what sort of flavors we were the most interested in and presented us with a selection at the tasting. We were interesting in a custom flavor: maple bacon. She was more than up to the challenge.. We were so impressed with the quality of her cakes and butter creams. We knew after only a few bites that there was no need to meet with any other bakers: Hudson Cakery was the place for us. We was receptive to all our ideas. Eventually we settled on a selection of 4 cupcake flavors on a tower and a 6" cake topper for us to cut. We returned for a second tasting a month before the wedding to sample everything again (because at the first tasting we tried everything separately, this time we wanted to make sure all our butter cream and cupcake selections tasted good). She had made us a new version of the maple bacon cupcake that blew us away. We also had vanilla cupcakes with salted caramel butter cream, carrot cake with brown sugar butter cream, and chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter butter cream. Because my husband and I don't take cake too seriously and wanted something fun, our cake topper was funfetti cake with the Oreo butter cream. There were only 8 cupcakes left over, and everyone raved about how delicious they were. Everything was amazing. Jen's prices are very fair considering her level of talent. I also want to mention that in April she made nautical themed cookies for my friends bridal shower and she was also so fun to work with then as well. The cookies were impeccable and detailed and had a very subtle lemon flavor that everyone loved. My only regret was not ordering more so I could have had all the left overs for myself. Go with Hudson Cakery, you won't regret it.

Exactly What I Wanted!

Reviewed on 11/21/2013 Susan M

I currently live in TX, but got married in NJ, where I am from. I found The Hudson Cakery online and asked them to create my TX state shaped cookie favors for my wedding in October and they were a big hit! Jennifer was great to deal with and delivered exactly what I wanted.... Read More Not only was the design perfect, but the cookie was good too. My guests were asking for seconds! I would highly recommend using them for your wedding or other event needs. Great product and great service.

Great cakes!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Megan D

Jenn was very sweet and easy to work with. She made an awesome surprise groom's cake for my husband and it was delicious (and gluten free!) Would definitely recommend her services!!

Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

After searching through many vendors for a grooms cake for my husband, I chose The Hudson Cakery. I am so thrilled with my decision. The cake was one of the biggest hits of the wedding! Jen did a fantastic job in creating exactly what I wanted. She worked with me in choosing a... Read More design, as well as flavor. The cake was perfect and it tasted even better! She was easy to communicate with and very dependable. The cost was right compared to many other vendors and the cake was even delivered 45 miles away. I would highly recommend this vendor!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Jennifer C

We couldn't have loved our cake any more than we did - a red velvet, four tier, naked cake for 200 people with cream cheese icing. Not only was it the most beautiful thing we'd ever seen -- but it was also delicious, something that many cake companies lack -- but not Hudson... Read More Cakery! Jen of the Hudson Cakery is the best -- she never fails with her amazing cakes -- both delectable and gorgeous. She also made a custom groom "cake" aka her amazing cake pops -- basketball designs filled with carrot cake. The guest loved it, and it was such a personal touch! <3 HIGHLY recommend The Hudson Cakery to any bride and groom looking for a perfect cake both in taste and aesthetics!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Susan V

We love The Hudson Cakery!! I've used this vendor before for non-wedding items and it was a no-brainer to use Jenn for our wedding, especially after the beautiful work she did for my sister's wedding. We got black & white cookies (for the welcome bags in our NYC wedding), our... Read More wedding cake and special made Golden Girls cookies (I'm a big fan) for the wedding and all were fantastic!!! The look as well as the taste are outstanding and Jenn is really a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend and would use again for any of my future events. Thank you, Hudson Cakery!

Beautiful, delicious and well-priced!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Colleen K

I am so happy we chose Hudson Cakery for our cakes. We did a cake for 180 people and a groom's cake. They did a beautiful job, delivered on-time and the best part-- they were so yummy! Thank you, Hudson Cakery :)

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Tim W

I cannot even begin to explain how awesome The Hudson Cakery was as our cake and cupcake vendor this past May. They seriously went beyond our expectations. First off, the cupcakes. They were the tastiest, most delicious ones we tried anywhere, the hands-down winners. We also... Read More had a small chocolate cake atop our tower and this was equally delicious. Just so you can get a sense of how much we loved their stuff, I went ahead and hired Jennifer and her team to supply cupcakes for THREE additional work events in the weeks before and after our wedding. They are that good. Their customer service is lovely and their space is bright and happy. Everything about the experience, from meeting Jennifer, to our consultation and tasting, to our actual wedding, was a true pleasure. Book with The Hudson Cakery!! You won't be disappointed =)

Highlight of the wedding

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Nicole S

Everyone asked us where our cake was from. Everyone said it was a beautiful and delicious cake. I had a few guests who work for catering companies ask me for the name of the company we got the wedding cake from. The cake tasting was also a fun thing to do. We did 2 tier... Read More (small wedding of 60 people). Top tier was red velvet with cream cheese filling and bottom tier was vanilla cake with cannoli filling. DELICIOUS!

Delicious AND Beautiful

Reviewed on 2/13/2015 Teril T

Jen and the Hudson Cakery did a fantastic job on my wedding cake. It was delicious and beautiful, and exactly what I had envisioned. I cannot recommend her services highly enough. I look forward to ordering a second cake for our first anniversary. Yum!!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Jillian P

It has been exactly one month since my wedding and I am not exaggerating when I say that I still have friends telling me that my cake was the best wedding cake they've ever had! (chocolate with Oreo Buttercream filling) On top of the quality of the cake, Jenn (the head cake... Read More designer), is a doll and such a pleasure to work with. She brought my vision to life and took my budget into full consideration. I recommend Hudson Cakery with the utmost confidence that anyone who uses them for their event will be 110% satisfied with the results!

Cake and cupcakes

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Kira M

Overall, very good company. Jennifer is very easy to work with and pleasant. Decor of cake and cupcakes was outstanding. Flavor was just okay, however. Too much frosting. Also, I thought I was getting nutella flavored frosting, and did not, which was a bummer. I would order from... Read More Hudson Cakery again!

Great variety and customer service!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Becky T

Jennifer and her team at Hudson Cakery truly went above and beyond. We commissioned them to make over 200 mini cup cakes in 5 flavor varieties (which we were able to choose ourselves - after an amazing tasting at her bake shop). We also had her do a small couples cake (6 inch)... Read More for us. We did the "naked style" with berries and it looked rustic and beautiful! Lastly, we asked Jennifer to create french macaroons for us to use in small boxes for our placecards. They were perfect and really provided a unique touch for our guests! I highly recommend Hudson Cakery and will definitely be a repeat customer. Thank you for making my wedding delicious!

My simple but awesome tasting cake

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Vanessa R

Let me just start by saying I loved my wedding cake and Jennifer was awesome to work with. She gave me exactly what we talked about as well as the suggestions she made. We communicated mostly via email but she she was quick to respond to everything. The tasting was simple and... Read More yummy. And the flavors were..oh my! We barely had anything left over after the wedding. I would recommend The Hudson Cakery for any event not only weddings : )

Best Cake EVER!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Anar P

My husband and I really wanted a classic cake, nothing over the top. We had a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and peanut butter butter cream filling. It was amazing and everyone LOVED it!! Our planning experience was flawless. We had a great time tasting and... Read More choosing the design. After all the main decisions were done, we just had to wait until our wedding day to try it. My husband still can't stop talking about the cake. :-)

Delish cupcakes & excellent service!

Reviewed on 7/10/2014

Jennifer was so accommodating and kind from the moment I first emailed her. She was professional, communicative, and easy to work with. When we went to do our cupcake tasting, we were immediately sold! These cupcakes are just the right combination of moist cake and light... Read More frosting. So many cupcake bakeries end up making dry cake, and it ruins the cupcake! Jennifer's are truly some of the best I've tried. She made a cupcake tower for our wedding that was just perfect. I wish I lived closer so I could have her cupcakes more often!!

Awesome Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 12/27/2013 Rasheeda P

I used the Hudson Cakery for a Giants themed grooms cake for my wedding in October. The cake came out perfect! Jen was so nice and responded to my emails quickly. The cake was delicious too!

Out of this World!

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Chris H

We recently used The Hudson Cakery for our wedding party, and they did a phenomenal job! They worked with us last minute to create a custom cupcake tower with beautiful cake, and final result exceeded our high expecations! The flavors we chose were beyond delicious (red velvet,... Read More banana bread, pumpkin spice & double chocolate), and the entire display with cake was just so gorgeous, I nearly cried when I saw it! Our guests (a pretty hard to impress lot) could NOT stop talking about how amazing the cupcakes were, and how beautiful everything looked. Thank you SO much for making our special day even more perfect and special than we could have planned. We will definitely be back for more delicious goodies soon!

A Rehearsal Dinner to Remember!

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Andrea R

Working with Hudson Cakery from start to finish was amazing. Owner, Jennifer was so professional, responded promptly and really cared about creating the cake of your dreams. While some bakeries can create a pretty cake, Jennifer's creations are so fresh, moist and taste amazing!... Read More I recommend The Hudson Cakery for any special occasion. I am already starting my holiday order!

Simply Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Angelica O

My wife and I spent a considerable amount of time and energy researching and interviewing potential vendors for our wedding. Having to control for a gluten allergy made the search even more complicated. Finding gluten free baked goods that taste good is especially challenging.... Read More For our wedding cake, we wanted it to be something the both of us could share without fear or concern about the quality. Our cake tasting went flawlessly and we were impressed with the variety and freshness of the ingredients and flavor combinations. The final wedding cake was exactly as we pictured and fit our vintage theme perfectly. We selected a coconut cake with raspberry preserve filling and buttercream frosting. The flavor was exquisite and the cake itself was moist and fluffy. The real coconut shavings and the bits of fruit in the raspberry preserves made for a delicious and authentic experience. We could not have selected a better vendor to provide the all important cake for our special day.

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Ann K

I had such an easy time communicating with Jennifer, setting up our tasting and nailing down our design for our wedding cake. We chose the chocolate with oreo buttercream, but everything was so delicious we really had a hard time picking one flavor! She was really open to our... Read More design ideas and we felt very comfortable at the end of the tasting knowing that our cake was going to look and taste great and that it would be delivered on time and with no worries. We look forward to getting more cakes for special occasions in the future! So happy we went with The Hudson Cakery for our wedding.

Hoboken reception

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Marissa F

Jennifer and her cakes were amazing! After our cake tasting, we couldn't pick just one so ordered 3 different cakes. Best decision ever--guests raved about the cake sampler. Would highly recommend the carrot cake and the Oreo buttercream filling/frosting. Everything was super... Read More fresh and natural tasting. LOVED her buttercream recipe--not too sweet and lighter than most buttercream a because it's a Swiss meringue buttercream (egg whites folded in). Definitely my go-to cake spot in the NYC-area!

The best cake on earth!

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Stephanie S

Jenn and The Hudson Cakery really made my bridal shower and wedding day with their sweet confections! I had strawberry lemonade and vanilla and chocolate cupcakes for my shower and they were so delicious. The cake was moist and the frosting was light--never cloying or overly... Read More sweet. I got the MOST compliments on the cupcakes--everyone loved them and wanted to know where they came from. I also gave out tiered wedding cake cookies as favors and they were incredible. For our wedding, Jenn created the most incredible Mets cake for my husband. It was almost painful to eventually throw away the replica Mr. Met (his hat was perfect!). The chocolate cake was light, but rich and the peanut butter filling was delicious. I love Jenn, love The Hudson Cakery and will certainly be back.

A Delicious Touch of Elegance

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Rosemary S

Jenn was a pleasure to work with from the taste testing thru the final delivery. Jenn created a 3 tier black and white swiss dot elegant and sophiticated wedding cake and a surprise birthday cake with several personal touches for my new husband. We enjoyed two delicious... Read More flavors chocolate cake with oreo filling and almond cake with nutella filling. Our guests were raving about the cake and were asking for seconds!!! That's a compliment to Hudson Cakery!!!!!!

Amazing Cake, beautiful & yummy too:)

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Rhonda G

So great working with Jenn. Thanks for creating yummy memories for our special day! Elegance with a personal touch. Jenn accommodated us with a custom made flavor, almond coconut cake was so yummy. Not only beautiful. Also had a second flavor of chocolate cake with peanut... Read More butter cup; unbelievable. Some of our guests who don't typically eat cake, had ours, everyone was raving about it! Cake Boss has not a thing on the Hudson Cakery.