The Inn at St. John's

Plymouth, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Timeless. Romantic. Enchanting.

Let us help you create your fairy tale wedding! The Inn at St. John’s features four distinctive ballrooms, each offering a unique experience to meet the needs of the most discerning bride. Meticulously maintained outdoor courtyard areas provide a refreshing atmosphere for mingling, cocktails and photos. Romantic 118-room AAA four-diamond hotel for a restful stay - without the drive. Our exquisite chapel is available for Roman Catholic weddings. From our dedicated and experienced wedding planners to our talented and detail-conscious food & beverage team, our staff is committed to providing you excellent service and the wedding of your dreams.

• Outdoor - Covered

Religious Ceremony

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

44045 Five Mile Rd, Plymouth, MI (734) 414-0600

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Kate J

Astounding! Magnificent! Perfect. Our wedding on 5/21/2016 couldn't have been smoother and more perfect in our eyes. The Inn was an absolutely beautiful venue from the chapel, to the ballroom, to the hotel and grounds and everything in between. We have had endless compliments of... Read More the venue selection and I can't speak more highly of it. Kathy K., our chapel contact was super organized and helpful with all of our questions and always kept us in the know. Linda Johnson, our events manager was beyond pleasant and felt like one of the family by the end of our time with her. Shante Parks, our hotel contact for all our reservation needs was on point with everything and offered the very best she could to us. These three as well as others were truly superstars. The food was incredible! All of it; which was a lot. Another high point for compliments from our guests. Everything is just so well put together, organized, seamless. We could not be happier with our choice.

2016-06-02T09:06:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a wonderful, heartfelt review of our staff and facility. We truly appreciate your kind words. We absolutely love what we do and feel honored to be able to help special couples and their families celebrate such... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Melissa S

Ella was amazing!! Along with all the staff! They made our wedding reception perfect 😊

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Carli S

Such an exquisite venue! A one-stop shop, a well-oiled machine, in true Inn at St. John fashion, there is not one detail that is not attended to. The hors d’oeuvres and dinner were delicious. The room was spell-binding and the staff, impeccable. From the very beginning to the... Read More very end we had the pleasure of working with Linda, who takes on so many roles from wedding organizer to wedding planner and was an absolute blessing to work with and so very genuine. The experience only gets better as we were then introduced to Janette and Kathy. Both who are extremely organized, quick to respond, and like Linda, couldn't be more helpful and accommodating to our needs. Mary Ann and Gloria were no different, ensuring our wedding rehearsal ran smoothly and that all were happy. Come to the big day of all things my wedding band had been misplaced and was lost just an hour before walking down the aisle! All hands on deck as the St. John staff was now looking for my ring as well. Jessica at the front desk took it upon herself to help out even though her shift had ended. That's the kind of service that can be found at the Inn at St. Johns. Jessica then FINDS the ring in a hallway wedged underneath a crack just in time before I have to head down the aisle. It truly was a miracle and what happens next is nothing short of that... As my father and I wait for the green light down the aisle, Cardinal Maida exits out the elevator, pauses, turns to me, raises his hand and blesses me before walking down the aisle. God must have known I needed all the help I could get that day, another reason why I was happy to be in good hands at the Inn at St. Johns. Thanks to Erin we remained on schedule following our service. Making sure we were happy throughout the night. It was the best day of my life. Thank you Inn at St. John we cant wait to visit again soon!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Michelle H

The Inn at St John's did an AMAZING job with taking care of my wedding day. Ella helped me throughout the process of picking out the room and food and other small details. Everything was very organized and easy to keep track of payments and details. I loved the service I... Read More received the day of the wedding, I felt like a real Queen. The staff was excellent and the room was perfectly set up, everything exactly how I had hoped and expected. The Inn at St Johns was a beautiful place for my wedding reception and I loved every minute of it. I would definitely recommend it to any bride looking for an elegant place to have their reception while still being able to afford it!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Oby O

We were married at St. John's Chapel & our wedding ceremony was beautiful, intimate and everything I imagined. St. John's Chapel staff is amazing and the church is beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Natalie P

Everything was exception except they messed up the allergy plates with the regular ones so one of my bridesmaids was puking all night. Difficult to get a hold of but everything was flawless other than those things.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Jacqueline D

Very elegant facility with awesome staff... Our Reception was simply fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Lisa P

the atmosphere was beautiful and it was so nice to have someone who was my go-to for questions or things to happen when I wanted them to. so accommodating and overly helpful.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017

Incredible planning, easy leverage of outstanding supply partners and perfection in execution are all things we experienced in working with The Inn at St. Johns! It made the process leading up to the wedding and the wedding day uneventful and a comfortable pleasure allowing us... Read More to focus on our guests.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Jesse E

My husband and I were married at The Inn at St. John's this past April. First off the Chapel is absolutely stunning and any bride will feel like a princess walking down the beautiful aisle, where all of the pews face. Absolutely impeccable. We had not even considered getting... Read More married in a Catholic church until we walked in there. For our reception we didn't want a regular banquet hall, something different. Our reception was in the Atrium, which is impressive alone. All you need is your centerpieces, no fancy uplighting around our anything like that. It is guaranteed to takes your guests breath away when they walk through those doors after cocktail hour in the gorgeous gratto. Surprisingly affordable and worth every penny. The menu options are so difficult to choose because they are all amazing. Everything was perfectly cooked and the best food from any wedding I have ever attended. Not the usual beef or chicken options with steamed veggies. Every member of the staff was a delight to work with and easily reachable for any questions you have during the process. You also get comped an amazing suite for booking one of their halls. We were given the Presidential Suite, which had a full kitchen, dining area, living room, and entire upstairs loft, with 2 restrooms. Everything was absolutely top notch and I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Pamela M

I still still cannot get over how absolutely gorgeous our wedding was. I would recommend the Inn at St. John's absolutely anyone, without hesitation. From our initial meeting with Ella, you could really tell how much she cared about making our day the best it could be. Ella was... Read More constantly available by phone or email and always willing to help and offer advice when needed. She always had a way of calming me down with my crazy off the wall questions. The day of the wedding was PERFECT. My husband and I are still talking about how impressed we were with everything. The day of coordinators were a huge help with all of my decor and extra stuff like table numbers, place cards, guest book and bathroom baskets, etc....everything was exactly how I wanted it! Our guests are also still talking about the quality of service, how great the food was and how perfect their steaks were cooked, the drinks and how generous the bar tenders were, the hotel rooms, the staff, everything. I could go on and on. I could not be happier with our wedding and will continue to recommend the Inn to anyone looking for a beautiful reception venue. The Grande Ballroom is simply beautiful. - June 10,2017

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Alexandra T

When my husband and I first stepped foot in the Atrium, we knew our venue search was over. The indoor/outdoor feel was so beautiful and unique. Leading up to the wedding, the venue staff were phenomenal to work with. They mirrored our excitement throughout the whole process and... Read More made us feel that we were the only couple getting married that day. The food was excellent. With the the wide variety and the ability to accommodate any food restrictions we were able to make sure that everyone at our reception was happy and well fed. All our guests were raving to us about how amazing the hor d'oeuvres tasted. The bartending staff was great and even made sure to a set of our signature cocktails ready to hand off to my husband and I the moment we stepped into our reception. The Atrium was absolutely gorgeous the day of our wedding, it was everything we dreamt it would be and more. Once the sun set, the reflection of candles on the glass ceiling gave off this amazing, romantic vibe. Having accommodations for our guest to stay on site was really convenient, especially since we had many out of towners at our wedding. The rooms are very nice. I would highly recommend staying in the Presidential Suite. I was able to stay there the night before and night of the wedding. For the morning of the wedding--it was definitely large enough for my bridal party, my mom and I to comfortably get hair and make up done. It also has a full kitchen!! The day of our wedding--my husband and I snuck away from our reception to take a few night time photos on the balcony in the presidential suite and the pictures turned out so beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Meghan F

We had a Sunday brunch in May 2017 for about 70 people for our wedding reception in the Atrium and it was amazing. Delish food, beautiful floor plan and the chocolate fountain was a hit! They are very professional to work with and have nice spots for photos inside/outside with... Read More gardens. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Karen B

Amazing venue! Linda Johnson is so wonderful to work with! Cannot say enough good things about her!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Mary A

We are extremely happy with this venue! Our guests continue to rave that it was the best wedding they attended. The staff are excellent, the grounds are breathtaking, food is divine, and I can go on and on! I hear horror stories of brides extremely stressed on their wedding... Read More day. This was not the case for me and I attribute it the staff. Linda was on top of it! She pulled everything together for us. Janette V., Colleen, Jenna K. and Shante P. were all so helpful and very prompt with responses. Kathy K. helped tremendously with our ceremony as well as Cathy and Peggy. This was my dream wedding!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Kate R

Refusing to permit gay weddings does not make this place 'timeless' - makes The Inn a place to boycott, a place of bigotry and intolerance. Send a message of love - do not do business here.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Iphigenia J

This looks like such a beautiful venue. I would love to have a wedding here, but recently they turned my gay friend and his fiancé away, saying they don't support gay weddings because they are Catholic. What happened to "Love thy neighbor as thyself"? I am heartbroken, but I... Read More will have to take my business elsewhere.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Dawn E

Linda Johnson and her staff were wonderful to work with. The bride and groom as well as the wedding planner (mom) were all from out-of-state. Linda was instrumental in keeping us well informed, organized and calm in dealing with all the planning. Everything about this venue was... Read More wonderful from the chapel, to the staff, to the rooms, to the food and the ballroom. It was such a memorable day and a very fun evening. Thank you to everyone for making the wedding and reception so wonderful!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Crystal D

ABSOLUTELY the best place to have your reception! Linda is amazing to work with! My guests are still talking about their food and appetizers! I felt like a princess the whole night as the coordinators made sure we had drinks the entire night! I wish I could relive this night... Read More over a thousand times it was so perfect!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Erica S

We just had our wedding at the Inn at St. John's and we could not be happier! All of their staff, especially Stacy Davis (event planning) and Kathy (chapel coordinator), are an absolute pleasure to work with. They are friendly, professional, and willing to accommodate... Read More literally anything you need or want throughout the entire experience. We stayed in the Presidential Suite and used it for the rehearsal dinner and for getting ready on the morning of the wedding. We took bridal party pictures in the waterfall garden and in the hotel. We had our ceremony in the beautiful chapel and used Fr. Tom from St. Kenneth Parish in Plymouth, MI (who was absolutely hilarious, by the way). And we had our reception in the Grande Ballroom. Everything went exactly as we had hoped, and we had ISJ staff around us practically at all times to make sure that anything we needed was taken care of. The Inn at St. John's checks all the boxes for a dream wedding. The grounds and every building/room are breathtaking, the music is classy, the service is impeccable, and the food is beyond compare. I am so glad we chose to have our wedding here, I wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jessica M

We had our reception at St. John's on September 4th, 2016 in the Atrium room. It was absolutely beautiful and I was so impressed by how smoothly everything went. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. We loved the whole evening!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Angela K

The Inn at St. John's is classy, meticulous and a well-oiled machine; you certainly get what you pay for here. If you'd prefer not to worry about a single detail on your wedding day, this is the place. A wedding coordinator is included in your package who goes above and beyond... Read More to accommodate your wishes and needs and ensures that the entire process -- from planning to execution -- runs smoothly. Linda Johnson is an absolute dream to work with and became like family to us! We couldn't have asked fora more positive and magical experience. Thank you Inn at St. John's for an unforgettable night!

2016-10-26T07:17:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We totally love what we do and it makes our jobs so rewarding when we know that we succeeded in making your special day so memorable. We wish you all the happiness in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Steff K

There are so many positive adjectives I could use to describe our experience with The Inn at St. John's. If the venue fits your budget, it's WORTH THE MONEY! Our wedding coordinator, Linda, was phenomenal. The day of the wedding went swimmingly; the attentiveness and customer... Read More service was outstanding. Our guests had a good experience and were impressed with the venue (especially the food!). Plus, the Atrium is lovely. :) Thank you to the Inn for a wonderful experience!!

2016-10-26T07:16:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for posting such a great review! We are so happy that you and your guests were pleased with our services. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kristina Y

Loved having our reception at the Inn of St. Johns - it was beautiful!

2016-10-26T07:15:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review tell others about your experience! We appreciate the 5 stars!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Amy R

The Inn at St. John's helped make our wedding the best day of my life. Stacy was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was so helpful every step of the way and made the planning process so easy and enjoyable. The grande ballroom was stunning and the food was awesome. I have... Read More received so many compliments from our guests on how much they enjoyed their meal. We also had a French fry bar for our late night snack which was a huge hit! Thank you to everyone at the Inn at St. John's for making our wedding day so perfect. Best decision I made in my planning process was choosing this amazing venue.

2016-10-20T07:40:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about our staff! We are so happy that you were pleased with your decision to host your special day with us. Blessings to you and your family!