The Inn at St. John's

Plymouth, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Timeless. Romantic. Enchanting.

Let us help you create your dream wedding! The Inn at St. John’s features four distinctive ballrooms, each offering a unique experience to meet the needs of the most discerning bride. Meticulously maintained outdoor courtyard areas provide a refreshing atmosphere for mingling, cocktails and photos. Romantic 118-room AAA four-diamond hotel for a restful stay - without the drive. Exquisite chapel available for Roman Catholic weddings. From our dedicated and experienced wedding planners to our talented and detail-conscious food & beverage team, our staff is committed to providing you excellent service and the wedding of your dreams.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel

44045 Five Mile Rd, Plymouth, MI

St. John's is the best!

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Liz M

I had the most beautiful wedding at St. John's. The chapel is stunning all by itself. The Atrium room is so unique and cool. The staff was incredible. Everyone was so organized and easy to work with. My guests were blown away by how beautiful the venue was for both the... Read More ceremony and reception. I kept hearing how amazing the food was and how great the servers were. My guests were treated like they were at a fancy restaurant. Being able to stay at the Inn is so convenient as well. We had a lot of out of town guests. I would absolutely recommend St. John's to anyone getting married in the area!

The Inn at St. John's

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Adrienne G

I was married in the church which was beautiful.It was perfect having everything in one space so guests didn't have to drive between venues. The only issue I had was with the rather unfriendly wedding coordinators provided by the Inn. Luckily I only had to interact with them at... Read More the rehersal and the day of. Otherwise, the staff was extremely friendly and more than willing to help with any issue we had. Definitely worth the cost.

2012-11-15T09:00:34 Response from Tawnya , the member

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologize that you experienced frustration with the chapel wedding coordinators. We pride ourselves on providing flawless service for all of our guests. Please know that we will address your concerns with our... Read Less Read More

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Heather H

The professional staff at St. John's made my wedding day (and preparation) so smooth. I would recommend them to anyone that is looking to have wonderful wedding reception experience and is willing to pay for the level of detail St. John's provides.

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Kristen S

I worked with Ella from the very beginning to reserve our date. She was EXTREMELY accommodating in every way. We booked the Atrium and are still getting compliments on the food and the room. The martini bar was a HUGE hit and the bartenders knew your order when you walked up!... Read More Very professional and friendly. Perfect venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jessica C

Everything was perfection! Dreams turned into reality! Gorgeous venue, accommodating and the suite is unreal!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

The Inn at St. John's went above and beyond for us from start to finish. Ella, our coordinator, was responsive, accommodating, and understanding. Everyone who we interacted with during the planning process and on the day of was so kind and helpful. The food was delicious and the... Read More service was first class. Our wedding was everything we could have imagined and I would highly recommend The Inn at St. John's.

2015-10-30T15:01:33 Response from the vendor

We truly appreciate your kind words. I am glad that your wedding was wonderful! We wish you all the happiness in the world in your new life together! -Tawnya Johnson, Director of Sales

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Cynthia L

I had my wedding at the Inn at St Johns on April/2015. Everything was perfect! The wedding coordinator, chapel coordinator, and all their team, including waiters and waitresses are absolutely fantastic. They will work with you to accommodate special requests, and make sure you... Read More have the wedding you always dreamed of. 100% recommend! :-)

2015-10-29T13:04:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am so glad that you were pleased with our team. We love what we do and being part of such a special lifetime event is just incredible! Much love to both of you in your future together!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Debbie V

My daughters wedding was like a fairy tale! The Attrium looked amazing, with the moon and stars sparkling overhead and tealights offering a beautiful, soft glow around the room. I loved that the chapel, hotel and reception is all located in the same facility. Ella, the... Read More reception coordinator, was beyond amazing! The whole staff goes above and beyond expectation, the food is delectable and we have received nothing but fabulous comments from everyone who attended the wedding; their comments being it was the most beautiful wedding/reception they had ever been to. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants to make a statement, and wants perfection!

2015-10-29T13:02:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Thank you! What a wonderful review. Our staff will truly appreciate your kind words. We loved sharing this special with you and your family. The Atrium truly was beautiful-and your daughter's wedding was amazing! ~Tawnya Johnson, Director of Sales

2 stars only because the place is beautiful

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Emily

Many of my friends got engaged/married before me, I always told everyone to check out this venue because it's beautiful! I finally got engaged and was looking for a venue for my reception. I first ONLY looked at The Inn at St. John's because I've always liked the venue. It was... Read More the only place I ever pictured having my wedding. It's beautiful. However, my experience working with the staff was terrible and impersonal. First, the coordinator replied to all my emails right away, until my first meeting there. We had an appointment but still waited for over twenty minutes before anyone helped me and my family that came with me. After seeing the venue, that was the last time anyone talked to me from there. I called and emailed the coordinator twice....I'm still waiting for a reply. It's been over three weeks... I've now had to look for other venues since they clearly didn't want me to have my reception there. I will never recommended the place again. So impersonal and unprofessional.

2014-11-17T15:57:15 Response from Tawnya , the member

I wanted to apologize for the experience that you have had when trying to obtain information about our facility. Please let me assure you that this is not accpetable and certainly not how we want people to feel. We truly love what we do and... Read Less Read More

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Sarah L

I truly do not even know where to start when describing how amazing The Inn at St John's was for my wedding! I had my wedding shower there as well. The service is exceptional! I was on a very strict budget and our event coordinator worked magic. The hotel room that is given to... Read More the bride and groom was awesome! If I had to plan my wedding all over again, one of the few things that I would not change is having my wedding at the Inn at St. John's. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014

I was hoping to have my special day at the Inn at St. John's in Spring of 2016. I spoke with a wedding professional by the name of Ella G.. (unsure of spelling of last name). She took the excitement of my planning and ripped it out of me. She was condescending and quite frankly,... Read More just plain rude. She spoke down to me and made me feel that my money was not worthy of the Inn at St. John's. I understand that they have multiple weddings a year, but my $40,000 budget wasn't good enough? I will and would never recommend them or that sales person. She ruined the process for me. I will take my business elsewhere.

2014-10-06T10:19:21 Response from the vendor

I would like to apologize that your first encounter with our facility was less than perfect. This certainly is not how we conduct business. Ella has worked at our facility since the opening or our business. She has such a passion about this facility and... Read Less Read More

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Nicole Q

First and foremost The Inn at St.John make it so easy to plan your wedding! You get assigned to a coordinator that is extremely helpful and really take what your vision is and make it into real dream. Secondly the food was by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding.... Read More It was warm and tons of great taste! All of our guests kept raving on oh great the food was! Thirdly the staff that work the venue the night of your big day are such a great help! They treat you like you are the most important people. We felt so blessed to be able to have it at this beautiful location. The grounds are wonderful, there are to a of gardens and beautiful and enchanting waterfalls for great pictures. Nothing but the best!!

2014-09-02T08:44:10 Response from Tawnya , the member

Thank you for allowing us to share in your special day! Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We wish you much happiness in your new lives together!

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Stephanie B

When I first heard about the Inn at St Johns I made a trip to stay there and try their restaurant with my boyfriend. I was blown away with the hotel, food, and the chapel. I knew this was the place I would want to get married right away. A couple years later when I got engaged I... Read More visited here and only here and booked that same day. It was one of the best choices I made. The staff, especially Ella was so great to work with. They answered all of my questions, it did not matter if my wedding was still a year out or in a week. I had my ceremony in the chapel and my reception in the atrium. The whole thing was beautiful and the staff was very helpful the day of. The staff catered to my husband and I. They always made sure everything was going right and made sure we had everything we needed. When the food came out I was shocked. Servers came out in rows so everyone was served at once, not table by table. People still talk about that to this day. They made sure my requests were answered and that they happened. I wanted to do things in a bit of a different order, I wanted to wait until after dinner to cut my cake, have my first dance, and wanted my cake linen moved to the table that my cake would be served on. They made sure all these things happened and informed me when they would be happening. The staff was so nice to everyone, even made sure our parents were taken care of the whole night. I could not have asked for a better wedding, they excited my dreams!

2014-09-02T08:46:33 Response from Tawnya , the member

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our facility, cuisine and staff. We truly enjoy having the opportunity we have to help make memories for our special couples. Wishing you the best!

Wedding 6/14/2014

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Natalie S

The Inn at St. John's is a beautiful place to get married and have a reception! The chapel is gorgeous and the garden is beautiful for pictures. The garden is picture perfect, literally! The wedding coordinator and the staff are very helpful and always there for anything you... Read More need. The planning process was smooth and the price is average when compared to other venues. The Inn at St. John's exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Kari H

I would highly recommend having a reception at The Inn at St. Johns! We worked with Linda Johnson, and she was amazing! We were married Jan 31st, 2014 at Greenmead, then held our reception in the atrium at St. Johns. It was gorgeous, amazing, wonderful, and exceeded... Read More expectations. Our guests all commented on how beautiful it was! We didn't really need to do too much for the centerpieces or decorations because the room was beautiful all on its own. The staff here was so helpful and nice. Throughout the evening, they were checking in with me to make sure everything was going smoothly and to see if I needed anything. The planning process was a breeze with Linda. I didn't feel there were any 'hidden' fees or surprises. The price lists made it easy to understand and additional costs for anything extra we wanted. The tasting you are invited to after booking is a reason it itself to pick them, haha. It is a gorgeous sit-down dinner where you try pretty much anything they offer for your reception. The bride and groom's spots are complimentary, there is a fee for 4 add'l guests. My parents and my groom's parents came and it was a wonderful evening. They all said it was totally worth the money. My husband's mom hosted the wedding shower there, too, and it was beautiful. It was in the room overlooking the atrium. I believe her experience with planning that was a breeze, too. I cannot say enough good things about The Inn at St. Johns. To be honest, we were looking for something less traditional, and we looked at a few other places. A few people mentioned St. Johns, so to appease them, we went and took a look. As soon as I walked into the atrium, my mind was made up! It is a stunning location, and it was as least just not a normal banquet room (which St. Johns does have many of and they are also beautiful, haha). It was the one place we went to that my fiance was just was excited about! Do yourself a favor and at least go check it out!

2014-09-02T08:48:58 Response from Tawnya , the member

Thank you for your wonderful comments and thank you for giving us a chance to be part of your day. Sometimes it is worth listening to your friends and family! I am glad that you were pleased and we were happy to be part of... Read Less Read More

Out of state wedding-perfection!

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Theresa S

I have nothing but great things to say about the Inn at St. Johns! We were planning a long distance wedding and were trying to find a place that had everything we wanted: not much transportation required, place for our guests to sleep, delicious food, and organization so we... Read More would not have to be stressed. This provided everything we needed and our guests absolutely loved everything about the place. This place is a wedding machine. This might seem bad to you and I was hesitant at first because of that but honestly, it was the best decision I made in planning our wedding. Since they do weddings all the time, they know exactly what you need and how to run every single detail without a hitch. Everybody told me something was going to go wrong and not to worry, but I literally had the perfect wedding. The inn was so friendly, super attentive, and very much on time for everything. I did not see another bride the whole night, and the staff made me feel special even though I know they had probably worked a wedding the night before. It is not your typical ballroom in a hotel, every room they set up is beautiful. Besides having our ceremony and reception there, we had the rehearsal dinner and a brunch the next day at the Inn. You would think that we would get sick of the place, but we were just so relieved that we did not have to travel anywhere, and our guests could enjoy a beautiful stay at a beautiful venue. All the food for each meal was unique and different, and ALL delicious. My wedding was last December, and if you are planning a winter wedding, BOOK THIS PLACE! It has all the charm of an inn, decorations, and just plain gorgeous trees. It was a winter wonderland, and we got some amazing pictures because of it. If you have a summer wedding, I am sure the use of the Golf center and everything else would definitely be a hit! Again, I think this place is fantastic if you want convenience, great food, and the charm of something other than your everyday hotel. The price was reasonable and my guests are still to this day raving about how much fun they had and that everything was so easy! Definitely had the most amazing day, and I would love to come back and visit!!!

Beautiful venue, attentive staff, great value

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Courtney M

I got married (ceremony and reception) at St. John's in January and everything was wonderful. The grounds, the chapel and the atrium are obviously breathtaking but the best part about having my wedding here was how easy Andrea Hansen on the reception side and the chapel staff... Read More made the whole planning process for me. They could answer nearly every question I had immediately, and if not they were prompt in getting back to me. Like every bride, I had a thousand questions and concerns but they never made me feel like I was bothering them. Because I was in good hands, I felt relaxed and confident everything was perfect on my wedding day. The wedding day itself was phenomenal. Every detail was perfect. The hotel management was friendly and helpful. They were even able to fulfill my request for an early check in for my reservation. Being able to get ready in the immaculate presidential suite with my bridesmaids is still one of my fondest memories of that evening. The banquet staff was also great! I had two day-of cancellations and one add-on and they quickly and effectively cured my table arrangement dilemma. This saved me a great deal of stressing about who would sit where, how we would change the tables, and if everyone would still get the right meals. And of course, everything went smoothly. The amount of compliments I received about the beautiful atrium, the delicious food and the attentive (and funny!) bartenders was innumerable. Knowing that St. John's was able to not only give me the day of my dreams but also provide my guests with a beautiful evening was everything I could have hoped for on my wedding day. We held a brunch at Five the morning after which was also amazing. They cleared a section for us which my family and friends really enjoyed. Most importantly, the food and service was great! I cannot say one bad thing about my experience. Another thing I didn't realize was going to be so great about St Johns until the day of was how convenient it was for not only me and my bridal party, but also my guests (especially out of towners) to not have to shuttle around to different locations. It really is the perfect spot for a gorgeous ceremony, reception and overnight stay all in the same place!

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Michael W

The atmosphere and environment were wonderful and the staff that provided and serviced the food were courteous and prompt.

Very convenient venue, excellent wedding day service!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Karla F

You have to spend a minimum of 19K on food and drink, therefore with all the other costs it ends up being around 25K. The wedding was amazing. I stayed at the hotel, the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were all in the same place. Food was incredible also. Only complain is... Read More the planning staff, not very flexible and since it's a popular venue they don't seem to try to make you feel like you are special.

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Carrie D

The Inn at St. John's did an amazing job. They went above and beyond for us. The food was great, and we received so many complements from our guest with how beautiful this venue is. The atrium is the most amazing room that you could possibly have your wedding at.

The MOST amazing venue

Reviewed on 1/21/2014 Kimberly R

Living in Texas, this was an out-of-state wedding for us, but The Inn at St. John's made it SO easy. We (and our guests) loved being able to go from the ceremony, to the reception, to the hotel - without having to step outside. The entire space is so beautiful. Also, the... Read More service exceeded expectations! They were so helpful and would get you things before you even asked for it. I am so thankful to have been able to have our wedding here.

Reviewed on 12/09/2013 Stacy S

the people at st. john's are amazing and I did not have one thing to worry about at all prior to the wedding or on the day off. Food was awesome venue is beautiful.

2014-09-02T08:51:29 Response from Tawnya , the member

Thank you for such an "awesome" review. We truly love what we do. We are glad that you enjoyed your special day and thank you for allowing us to be part of it. Blessings to you and your family!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Alison Z

Our wedding was here and everything was perfect. I know they say things go wrong but the only thing that went semi wrong was that the priest went a little long leaving us with limited time for pictures in the chapel. Our coordinator Linda Johnson was absolutely amazing. The... Read More staff was very professional and everything was wonderful.

The Inn at St. John's is the BEST!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Lindsay B

We recently had our wedding here, and I can't say enough nice things about their service. From the front desk, to the chapel coordinators, wedding coordinators, to the servers, every single person you ever interact with is extremely accommodating, friendly, and professional. I... Read More worked with Ella for my reception, and she was great. Very thorough and attentive, I didn't feel like I needed a day of coordinator. The women in the Chapel are exactly the same. They have this all down to a science, you don't have to worry about anything. I busted my hook and eye in my dress 10 minutes before my wedding, and the Chapel coordinators whipped out a safety pin and fixed it in a snap. It stayed all day. The grounds are gorgeous, the Chapel is so beautiful (no need for decorations) and their ballrooms have a very elegant feel. Nothing like the other venues we looked at that were cheap looking or dated. The food is amazing, the hotel rooms are a lot nicer compared to those in the area. We got so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was from our guests, it was worth every penny. By far one of the best choices we made during planning, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about them.

Enchanted evening of my dreams

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Jessica B

The Inn at St. John's made the wedding of my dreams a reality!! The food was AMAZING!! People are still talking about the whole night!! Andrea was such a huge help and so understanding! Love this place!!!

2013-09-25T13:45:46 Response from Tawnya , the member

Thank you for sharing your experience. We feel honored that you selected The Inn at St. John's to host your most special day. Best wishes for a happy future together!