The Inn on Pamlico Sound

on North Carolina's Outer Banks.

Capacity: 151-200 PHONE

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Beach, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

49684 NC Highway 12, Buxton, NC on North Carolina's Outer Banks. (866) 995-7030

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Carmela B

The Inn on Pamlico Sound is a little gem on Hatteras Island and we couldn't be more happy with our experience there for our wedding day! The staff was accommodating, caring, and just fun to be around (shout out to Gina and Natasha for being over the top helpful!!). The food is... Read More exceptional and the lodging is comfortable and quaint. The view is absolutely amazing and there are few other places that provide such a peaceful and zen setting. We are still hearing from our guests that it was the best wedding they have ever been to! I'm so glad that we decided to go with our hearts and get married in Buxton. Being there celebrated who we are as a couple and the Inn helped keep our vision of being close to nature, providing fresh food, peacefulness, and just being good people!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017

We got married here in September during the hurricanes. We were supposed to have our ceremony on Wednesday but because of the approaching storms the Inn moved it to Monday for us. It worked out perfect because there was a mandatory evacuation called right before our ceremony.... Read More Everyone at the Inn was wonderful! We can't thank Gina and Steve enough along with the servers. Everything was gorgeous, the food was delicious and it turned out to be everything we wanted even amidst all the chaos. We would do it over again the same way!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Tara S

We chose The Inn for the accommodating features such as the rooms/restaurant/location. The all inclusive feel was very easy as we had family coming from Germany, Massachusetts, Georgia and many more. Gina went above and beyond when it comes to making her brides dreams come... Read More true. Living in Raleigh and being a control freak there were times I found it difficult too not be right there checking every detail, but her confidence and reassurance kept me feeling confident and still in control of her making all of my dreams come true. She truly took my vision I had in my head and made it a realization. She and her staff made us feel at home and almost like family. The other team member I'd like to rave about is Dallas. Dallas also went above and beyond making sure Travis and I never went without. He was there every second of the way. He engaged with my family as he was one of us. As a GM of a restaurant myself I could only wish and hope for an employee that truly gives as much as Dallas gave, KUDOS brotha! It was our dream to get married on the beach and even though there was not sand under our feet this was the right place for us and our family. The evening setting was beyond perfect with the beautiful sunset and the beautiful people we got to share it with. I'd highly recommend The Inn for any couple wanting a small yet "large" romantic, quiet setting with great staff at a beautiful location!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Kara D

My husband and I were very impressed with the staff and all their accommodations during our stay they're. We decided to do our wedding on the beach and have our dinner party there because we wanted the great sunset view and all the reviews lead us to the Inn. We had 30 plus... Read More people for dinner and they were able to sit us all together. The service was superb, and the food was phenomenal and so fresh. All our guests raved about how incredible everything was there from the view to the service and especially the food. Best of all I didn't have to lift a finger, they set everything up for us and cleaned it up as well. I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a place for a wedding with a great view or even just there wedding dinner to go with The Inn they are great and it's beautiful.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Rhonda A

PERFECT! The Inn on Pamlico was perfect for our wedding! I can’t thank Steve and everyone at the Inn enough. They made our wedding totally stress free and amazing. Everyone took the extra time to make it perect from the first visit till we left for our honeymoon! Our wedding... Read More was the first after the hurricane that did so much damage and Steve worked day and night to make sure everything was perfect. All our guest fell in love with the Inn and staff. Again I highly recommend the Inn on Pamlico...

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Caitlin D

The Inn on Pamlico Sound was the perfect place for our small wedding and I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an outer banks wedding of any size, in any season. From the moment I put in my inquiry Steve and his staff were attentive, responsive, and accommodating.... Read More The day we arrived for the wedding we met the amazing front of house staff, who gave us a tour and answered all of our questions. Our room had an absolutely stunning view - as did our wedding on the deck. We had dinner in the private room, and the food was exceptional. We could not have been happier with our choice, and will return year after year for our anniversary.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Maureen A

Good: Staff worked very hard to work around weather for wedding and rehearsal. Centerpieces wouldn’t stay upright due to wind, and they tried to fix. Made bonfire despite high winds. Event staff is awesome – even found a babysitter. Location is beautiful and new deck is great.... Read More Rooms are comfy. Food is delicious. Bad: Staff rarely replied within promised 24 hours. Pool/deck were destroyed in Matthew (10/16). We discovered this only upon visiting Hatteras in 11/16; Inn began booking our guests and didn’t mention the damage to us. I felt very misled. When I said this, Steve was responsive and apologetic, but we should have been informed proactively. At the wedding, we had several issues, only one of which has ever been explained. Different champagne was served than what we ordered. We weren’t told to expect this, and we’d never tasted it; photos show that this was the case from the outset (vs that we ran out). Plastic was used for champagne/beer/wine; it looked and felt cheap. Water, however, was in actual glasses. The amplifier blew 3x and finally died, killing the dancing. We found out belatedly that all of the kids at our wedding (9 out of 70 ppl) were fed 45 min after everyone else (entrées the same, just smaller). No explanation for any of the above, except amp was faulty and mfr. sent a new one. After I posted my initial review in July, Steve asked me to take it down, so we could “make it right” – he had not been aware of any of the issues outside of the amp. We appreciated this and removed the review. We do not feel his offer of 4 nights’ lodging/dinner, while generous, is commensurate with the issues (and we live 6 hours away); our weekend brought over $25k of revenue in the shoulder season. Steve will not consider an alternative (i.e. refund of venue fee) and insinuated I was out of line for asking for this. We are reposting our review with the added information. I wanted to be married here since before I met my husband, so very sad it ended this way.

2017-11-07T13:52:41 Response from the vendor

Condensed copy email - character limit We worked to address concerns. As the first bride we've been unable to satisfy, we took your statements seriously, and focused on your perceptions rather than correcting them. This communication serves as our reply to your email and response... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Chelsea E

The inn on pamlico sound was the perfect choice for our wedding. The setting is gorgeous, the accommodations are unmatched and I legitimately can not say enough good things about the staff. Gina Williams the venue's coordinator was there at every step telling us what has worked... Read More best for them in the past and being open to some different ideas we had including rolling up to the ceremony in a dune buggy (one of my favorite moments of the night). She even ran to the store last minute when we forgot long sticks for roasting s'mores. It was the sweetest. I could go on but Scott the chief, and Crystal thier bar manager deserve some serious accolades themselves. An outside vender for our wedding cake-alternative fell through about 9 weeks before our wedding and Scott stepped up and made us an awesome three tiered rice crispy treat cake having never done it before. He also knocked dinner out of the park with a fantastic meal, even accommodating for a last minute vegetarian without blinking an eye. Crystal helped not only steer us in the right direction picking wines she came to an offsite party we hosted and bartended for us. She special ordered wines for us and came up with a declious signature cocktail for us as well. Our guests had so much fun we have actually gotten cards from them asking us to have a "wedding reunion" at the inn of course. The staff as a whole was so wonderful and so fun they joined us on the dance floor for a song and really livened up the party. It was one of the best experiences of my life and it is due at least in large part to exceptional service, and people that you find at the Inn on Pamlico sounds. We can't wait to go back, we feel like we didn't just make memories, it felt we'd made friends.

Reviewed on 6/11/2016

We had our son's and daughter in law's rehearsal dinner at The Inn on Pamlico Sound in May and had a beautiful evening at The Inn. Steve Nelson , the owner has the best staff ever and we cannot say enough about the delicious food cooked by Chef Scott Surratt: fresh , perfectly... Read More seasoned , fulfilling yet light ! Our room looked over the beautiful sound and Gina , the Event Coordinator had the tables beautifully set . We had a lively crowd of about 31 and even had a baby and a toddler and the staff made sure all had a seat and they took our orders and brought the dinner in with amazing flow and timing. Everyone enjoyed their meal immensely and I enjoyed watching our guests enjoy themselves in this comfortable yet classy atmosphere. I just love the personality of the wait staff and all the staff at the Inn . By the end of the evening I felt like we were all family as that is how they treated us . This was one of the best nights of my life. The staff even let our party take over the theater room for a home made DVD of the kids growing up - I did not see a dry eye in the house ! Thank you to Steve Nelson and staff for providing such a unique and memorable evening for our family ! We look forward to coming again to the Outer Banks and The Inn on Pamlico Sound for sure !

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Bristol S

I cannot say enough good things about the Inn on Pamlico sound and the staff. We recently had our wedding there and could not have picked a better place. The property itself is beautiful and the sound views make for unique and gorgeous pictures. The staff at the Inn were so... Read More enthusiastic and helpful and just went above and beyond for the wedding. Gina, the wedding coordinator, had everything running smoothly on the day of the wedding and any little issue that popped up, like a broken bustle, she fixed like it was nothing. Another highlight worth noting about the Inn is the food. The rehearsal dinner and reception dinners were both incredible with lots of fresh seafood. Overall we had a great experience at the Inn and would not change a thing if we had to do it all again!

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Tess L

My husband and I recently wed at the Inn and it was an absolutely amazing experience...Truly the wedding of our dreams. The owner Steve told us that he shoots to out do his guests expectations and he did that by leaps and bounds. He was always around to make sure things were... Read More going smoothly, guests were happy, and to answer any questions. He runs a beautiful hotel. Will, the Chef at Cafe Pamlico was more than accommodating to all requests, created a diverse menu for over 100 guests for two nights, and turned our favorite foods into delicious fare. Gina the wedding coordinator was tremendous. She exceeded every brides expectation of how a wedding would turn out. She not only made sure everything went according to schedule on 2 separate nights but also decorated and designed a beautiful setting. She was there anytime we needed her and was always willing to help in every situation. The staff (Lynzie, Julia, Dallas, Autumn, Krystal, Rosa, Karen, Sabrina, Jen, Alicia, Crew, Josh, and Danielle) was beyond friendly, put our guests at ease, and saw to their every need. The Inn offered a preferred vendor list from which we selected Daniel Pullen our photographer, and Danny Couch Island Native and owner of Hatteras Tours for wedding party transportation. Daniel and his coworker Kate took beautiful photos while blending in with the crowd. Danny offered safe & reliable transportation to and from the Inn. And the DJ Matt Cooper played a wide selection of music which kept our guests on the dance floor. The views are gorgeous and we could not have asked for anything more. We will definitely be back!