The Legacy Golf Club & Banquet Facility

Ottawa Lake, MI

Book Your Wedding with The Legacy Golf Club & Banquet Facility

A BALLROOM IN OTTAWA LAKE, MI

The Legacy Golf Club in Ottawa Lake, Michigan is an astounding choice when thinking of where to host a wedding event. The beautiful clubhouse is set on 200 acres of rolling hills with five lakes and the club's 18-hole, championship golf course. It offers numerous opportunities for stunning wedding photos and the couple and their guests enjoy the club's amenities around the wedding event. The Legacy Golf Club offers a beautiful indoor and outdoor venue for your ceremony and reception.

Chapel. The bride and groom exchange their vows at the club's chapel monument. It provides a picturesque setting for an outdoor wedding ceremony with the perfectly manicured lawns and wooded areas as a backdrop.

Dining Room. The welcoming banquet room features an open ceiling, a timber frame design, stylish chandeliers and floor-to-ceiling windows that flood the room with natural light. Look out the windows and witness the spectacular views across the pond and the 18th hole on the green. On its own, the room accommodates up to 140 guests, although it can be combined with the adjoining solarium room to accommodate an extra 72 guests. After enjoying the reception meal, guests can dance the night away on the parquet wood dance floor. If an outdoor reception is preferred, it is possible to set up a tent on the grounds.

The wedding ceremony package provided by The Legacy Golf Club includes three hours of exclusive use of the chapel and access to the golf course for wedding photos. A ceremony rehearsal is included as well as the services of the on-site coordinator. White padded ceremony chairs are provided as well as electricity for the PA and sound system. Small tables for a Unity candle and ceremony programs are also part of the package.

All wedding packages offered by The Legacy Golf Club include use of the reception venue for six hours as well as a five-hour bar. The on-site event coordinator is on hand as well as uniformed waitstaff and bartenders. Setup and cleanup of the event is included. Also provided are white linen tablecloths, color linen napkins, candle and mirror centerpieces, skirting for the head, name card, gift and cake tables, an elegant card box and a parquet dance floor.

Three packages are available. Package One includes a plated salad, a two-meat buffet, one starch side and one vegetable side with assorted dinner rolls. A champagne toast is included for the bridal party and cake-cutting service is provided. For beverages, house wines, two domestic draft beers and soft drinks are included. Package Two also includes a standard cake and a DJ for the reception. Package Three has an extra meat choice for the buffet, an extra vegetable side dish and two hors d'oeuvres served to the guests on arrival at the reception.

Customized reception menus are also available. The numerous dishes include stuffed chicken breast, pulled barbecue pork, pepper steak, cod and baked lasagna. A garden tossed salad and assorted rolls are included. The beverage package includes house wines, two domestic draft beers, fountain drinks, iced tea, freshly brewed coffee and hot tea.

Hors d'oeuvres are served for one hour during cocktail hour. They are served buffet style and replenished during the hour. The Value Package includes dishes such as Swedish or barbecue meatballs and hot spinach artichoke dip with chips, while the Premium Package has offerings such as springs rolls and boneless chicken chunks.

Hosting a wedding event at The Legacy Golf Club has extra perks:

• The bride and groom have use of two golf carts for taking pictures on the golf course
  • A complimentary round of golf is included for four guests
  • The bride and her attendants have use of the private bridal suite to get ready

WE STILL HAVE A FEW PRIME SATURDAYS FOR 2017!!!

Hidden gem only 10 short minutes from Toledo! Congratulations on your engagement! The Legacy would love to make your wedding dreams come true. Our timber frame design, elegant chandeliers and floor to ceiling windows overlooking our beautiful 18th green will be sure to wow your guests! Contact us today to turn your dream into reality.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

7677 New U.S. 223, Ottawa Lake, MI (734) 854-1101
PINTEREST

Mother of bride

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Wow! What an incredible experience. We literally planned this wedding in a six week time period due to an illness in the family and I would say it was flawless. Working with dawn was a great experience. She was very patient and easy going. The contracted services, cake, dj,... Read More chair-covers, etc we're perfection! The wait staff was exceptional. The venue was beautiful. I am grateful and would recommend this to anyone. Thank you

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Amy S

So incredibly happy we decided to have our wedding reception at The Legacy. I cannot say enough nice things about how the reception turned out!. The Legacy staff went well above and beyond to take care of us and make sure the day, despite epic amounts of rainfall, was truly the... Read More best day ever! I am still in awe by how incredible everyone at The Legacy was. The facility is absolutely beautiful and every staff member we encountered was gracious and willing to help in any way possible. It was POURING rain on our wedding day. The staff escorted our guests inside to make sure everyone got inside safely and dryly. When myself, my husband, and the bridal party arrived they organized a serious plan with multiple umbrellas and golf carts to get the bridal party inside completely dry. They even went back out to the car to get our "emergency bag'. I think the entire staff was completely drenched and did not complain one bit! They just asked if there was anything else they needed to go get! Amazing service!. I was nervous about the food, but to my surprise it tasted amazing. I only had a few bites (you know how that goes...) but all my guests have said they food was truly delicious. Because of the rain, we missed out on a lot of the fun, candid, bridal party photos and beautiful pictures outside. Dawn and the Legacy staff went out of there to make sure we got amazing photos after all. They made sure my photographer stayed on top of it too! At the end of the night Dawn even gave me her shoes because my feet were too sore and swollen to put my heels back on (the flip flops never made it inside due to the rain)! Seriously, what kind of service is that?!? The staff kept drinks in our hands, and the party going. They did a ton of the set-up and clean-up. We honestly could not feel more grateful or blessed to have held our reception with The Legacy!

couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 sarah d

Really, everything was wonderful. Their on site coordinator took care of everything and they were very accommodating with our special requests. We had a dry reception and they removed all visible alcohol from the bar. Also, my now husband is a vegetarian and they were happy to... Read More make a special entrée for him. On top of their great service the grounds and facility is beautiful. I had so many compliments on my wedding thanks to the legacy.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Melissa B

The legacy was the perfect venue. I loved having the ceremony and reception at the same location. The staff was all very polite and supportive. Because of their support my wedding went off without a hitch, and my husband and I were able to enjoy our special day without a worry... Read More in the world.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Megan L

My planning experience with Dawn was excellent. Dawn never missed a beat and made my wedding experience better then I could have anticipated. Unfortunately, the day of my wedding, the Legacy had booked a second golf outing and when the issue was brought up to Bill, the GM, he... Read More stated that the Legacy was first and foremost a golf venue, our wedding was not the top priority and that they knowingly double booked the venue. Therefore, the majority of my wait staff and bartenders tended to the golfers, my guests had to park further out in the rain, the back deck that was supposed to be for my guests was used for the golf banquet, and golfers heckled us while trying to take some outdoor photos. My photographer knew that we were not allowed to get in the way of golf to take photos even though it was presented to me that I would be able to take photos anywhere on the course. The Legacy did provide a small compensation (the cost of the outdoor chapel we were unable to use due to the rain) but no apology for Bill's words that no bride wants to hear on her wedding day. The only apology that was provided was for the leaky ceiling pipe that takes up the majority of their bridal suite, making the already small space very limited and congested. The venue is beautiful, the food was great, Dawn bends over backwards for her clients, but Bill and the owners need to do some fine tuning for their future brides on their once in a lifetime day.

2016-11-03T15:39:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your business and for bringing another beautiful wedding to the Legacy. I appreciate the kind comments for the work involved. It is true we are a golf venue but that doesn't mean our weddings aren't as important to us as outings and... Read Less Read More

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Dawn was absolutely amazing and was with us every step of the way. We feel she went above and beyond. The service we received on our special day was unmatched and superior to any venue we have been to. Our expectations were surpassed. The chef was equally impressive. The... Read More setting could not have been better.

Exceptional service.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

The Legacy event coordinator and staff went above and beyond to ensure a wonderful experience. They handled all problems and fulfilled all our requests. Extremely friendly and personable staff. The venue was beautiful and the food was excellent!

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Steph G

Dawn & her team did an excellent job ! I can't believe how well my wedding turned out. She was very organized and able to execute every task that needed to be done in a timely fashion. She made me feel so comfortable through the entire process because my questions were answered... Read More with great detail. I was so pleased with the gorgeous setting, service & the wonderful food too. I just can't stress enough how perfect my day was and I know that I picked the right venue.

Great Location & Staff!

Reviewed on 3/28/2015 Libby T

I had my wedding at The Legacy in May of 2014. The planning process through them was relatively easy. They are willing to meet in person, over the phone, or via email. (Make sure you take notes if you call them 20 times like I did! It was hard for me to keep track of all the... Read More changes I made because of how much I communicated with them) I did everything through Bill but since then I've heard they have a wedding coordinator which I imagine makes the process even better. I personally know 2 other people who have gotten married at the Legacy who worked with the coordinator and they say she is awesome and easy to work with as well. Although it rained the day of my wedding and was freezing, the Legacy staff did everything they could to make sure all else went smoothly. I highly recommend them if you are looking for a beautiful location with incredibly friendly service.

The Legacy

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Alyssa L

My wedding at the Legacy was absolutely fabulous! Bill (wedding coordinator at the time) worked through all of my annoying requests and dozens of phone calls. I brought in donuts, cider, 20 pies, pumpkins, and small gourds and he was willing to hold them for an extra day so that... Read More I could have them delivered. There was another wedding in there the night before, and I would have never known. Both wedding coordinators came out to talk to me during our rehearsal, and I felt like the only bride there that weekend! An amazing place!

Fantastic Venue

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Tara W

It was absolutely beautiful and the service was amazing! The staff went out of their way to make sure the day was perfect! The food was fantastic also!

Beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Dawn D

I had my wedding at The Legacy Golf Club in June 2013. It was absolutely perfect! We were doing an outdoor ceremony, overlooking the 18th green and pond. It ended up raining before the ceremony so they quickly moved everything inside to the dining room. The dining room has... Read More high ceilings and large picture windows so we still had the view overlooking the 18th green. We took pictures after the ceremony on the course and we were able to take some very fun and unique pictures. The reception was under a tent on the driving range so we had a beautiful view of the sunset on the course. The staff at The Legacy Golf Club was amazing!!! Everyone involved, the servers, bartenders, cooks, cart attendants, and the manager, made my day stress free. Other places we looked at had a set wedding package or price and were not able to work with you. The Legacy is willing to work with you and create a day that is truly unique!