The Lenox Hotel

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning

61 Exeter Street at Boylston, Boston, MA

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Nassim R

5 stars doesn't seem like enough for the staff at the Lenox! From the beginning the Lenox has exceeded all my expectations. Alison, the wedding coordinator is truly amazing. As an out of town bride, wedding planning can be more difficult but Alison made it so easy. She is quick... Read More to respond to all questions and has all the answers! She is incredibly thoughtful and you can't help but want to be her friend! The wedding venue itself is beautiful. When making decorating decisions I knew that I never needed to worry because the details in the venue would make anything seem magical. I can't rave enough about the dome room! Guests will love staying at the Lenox--mine are still talking about their wonderful experience! In fact, one of our guests works in the concierge business and had nothing but glowing remarks about the staff at the Lenox. I had many guests fly in on red eyes and the staff graciously let them check in as soon as they arrived! The food is delicious! The location on Bolyston is perfect! My husband and I can't be happier that we chose the Lenox and are looking forward to coming back for many anniversaries!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Elizabeth M

The Lenox was the most beautiful venue we could have ever chosen for our wedding. They made the entire event unbelievably amazing in every way. The service was impeccable- my guests couldn't stop gushing about the entire experience. Everyone that I worked with at the hotel was... Read More patient and attentive, and they made me really feel welcome. I literally have not one complaint about the food, service, ambiance- everything was perfect. Highly recommended for a romantic and unforgettable wedding!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Yulia P

I cannot say enough nice things about having my wedding at the Lenox. From the planning process, to the venue, to the food, everything was perfect. Alison is your dream coordinator who has the answer to literally every question! We had a 120 wedding, and the venue is intimate... Read More and romantic. The way they do the pricing is straightforward and no hidden costs like other places. 5 star service from beginning to end! We had our ceremony onsite, and they were able to flip the room during the cocktail hour.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jennifer B

I had the pleasure of getting married here over Labor Day weekend. I must say, it went off like a well choreographed symphony. We stayed and got ready in the Judy Garland suite, which was just so pretty and feminine, and was the perfect backdrop for wedding day photos. Alison,... Read More the Director of Catering & Events is the John Williams of this Lenox symphony, not one note was out of place. No idea how she stays so calm and organized with all the weddings and events she is planning. All of the food was delicious and got rave reviews. We even did some menu customization and everything was perfect. Alison was also a dream in providing vendor suggestions (photographer, DJ), as I was overwhelmed with choices online. We were planning this wedding from CA and she made it as easy as it could possibly be. (I am Type A and like to control everything and felt perfectly comfortable leaving everything in her hands.) The best part of the weekend was though was the staff. I wish I could name everyone. They do at least one, if not two weddings every weekend in peak season, yet every staff member treated us like we were the king and queen. They went out of their way to make us feel special. My new hubby and I, along with our dog, look forward to spending many more momentous occasions at the Lenox. Thank you to all the team for playing a role in the best Boston wedding weekend ever!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Leila A

The reason we were sold on this place was how beautiful the space is, and how the service had a one-stop shop package. It also helped that the hotel is right in the middle of the city and is a beautiful historical building, so it makes up for a the perfect Boston city wedding.... Read More The staff, especially Taylor, were incredible. We can't thank them enough for all of the hard work and effort. Taylor made planning our wedding so easy and effortless that we were worried we were missing something! We were too relaxed! Oh, and the food and wine, we were soooo impressed. So delicious and the portion sizes were big! No skimping out on our guests! Thank you so much The Lenox Hotel for making our special day even more special!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Mindy F

My husband and I had both our ceremony and reception at The Lenox, and we worked with Taylor Marshall as our Coordinator. We had a unique situation, where we had to change venues 3 months before our wedding day so Taylor had her work cut out for her planning on such short... Read More notice. She jumped right on top of things and made it look easy! She was so organized, knowledgeable, professional, and was very quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She's such a sweet, friendly person and so great to work with. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue for our ceremony and reception. The Dome Room is gorgeous, and the dome really makes the space so much more than your typical hotel function room. The wedding package that you get with The Lenox is comprehensive and their team really takes care of everything for you so you don't have to worry about booking as many outside vendors or doing a ton of stuff yourself. They are also really flexible, and Taylor went above and beyond to accommodate our needs and wishes. She took so much of the stress off of us, as we knew that she would be able to make any last minute guest count changes or other changes work. Having gone through most of planning a wedding at a different venue, I can say with confidence that the catering tasting and food on the day of at The Lenox is unbelievable. Our guests were raving about their meals! The location of the hotel is perfect for photos, as well, with so many great areas being right there (BPL, Marathon finish line, Boylston Street, etc.). The Lenox allows the bride and groom to take photos on the roof at any point throughout the day/evening, which also made for some amazing pictures with the Boston city skyline in the background. Taylor and the rest of the team at The Lenox really went out of their way to make our wedding day amazing, not only with the big things but with the little touches as well. If you choose The Lenox as your venue you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Christine R

The Lenox Hotel exceeded every expectation. The wedding went off without a hitch and their customer service is unmatched by any other hotel. They are without a doubt, an upscale establishment, dedicated to their guests experience! Our wedding was gorgeous and turned out amazing... Read More thanks to the hotel and their staff! We could not be happier to have this as our anniversary location to visit each year!!! The dome is perfect for an indoor wedding ceremony and reception--our guests haven't stopped raving about the atmosphere, food and service!!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Elizabeth P

The Lenox was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. We wanted a classic Boston wedding and the Lenox delivered just that! The space is beautiful and all of our guests raved about the food. From the beginning, Alison was so helpful and willing to answer all of my questions... Read More and help me make decisions. The reception went off without a hitch. It was a relief not to have to worry about anything during the reception. I knew that Alison and the Lenox staff had it covered. I also appreciated that the Lenox's pricing system included everything for a base rate per person. Most venues we looked at required a spreadsheet to figure how much we'd have to pay. But with the Lenox, I knew exactly what to expect in the end, which was really nice when you're trying to stick to a budget and avoid any surprises.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Courtney O

Booking the Lenox hotel was literally the greatest thing we did for our wedding!!! From the day we went to see the space, all the way through our wedding brunch and afterwards the Lenox and their staff including Alison Majka and Taylor Marshall were so friendly, professional,... Read More and so personal! They always made us feel like our wedding was the most top priority. All of our wedding guests raved about the amazing service and the food! My husband and I are foodies so that was very important to us! The private food tasting was so special and allowed us to bring guests - gave us so much more confidence that we made the right decision. We did an after party at Solas Irish pub which was so much fun and the perfect place to end the night. We had our brunch in the dome room which had a completely different feel and worked so seamlessly for the weekend to wrap up. I am forever grateful for Taylor Marshall for taking a huge weight off of my shoulders, and assisting with the vendor management. She virtually was a wedding planner even though her title states day of coordinator, she was so much more than that. Taylor checked in throughout the planning process and made sure everything went seamlessly and made sure I had zero stress the day of my wedding. She set up my suite and my husbands room with our favorite snacks from each other and a little emergency kit- which came in handy for the big day. She even went as far as hand delivering adorable little decorated glasses of rosé while the ladies got ready in my suite. We found a really nice handwritten card from her the next morning, she really made us feel so special. There was a dance number with sunglasses which I left at the hotel by accident, Taylor had taken the liberty of shipping them to me and were there in a few days without me even asking. The service was above and beyond throughout the process and even after! Needless to say, I would recommend this venue, perfect for headcount of 95 people! Courtney and Andrew Grosner

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Ashley M

I cannot say enough good things about Alison and the team at the Lenox! It has been a month since we got married and guests are still calling to tell us how perfect the day was! Everything from the food to the staff was amazing. The team at the Lenox is organized, kind, and... Read More incredibly thoughtful. The little things they did for us made the day even more special. If you're hoping to have a gorgeous city wedding, look no further.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Saera W

We had our wedding at the Lenox Hotel a few months ago, and we're extremely happy with how everything turned out! Taylor was our superb wedding coordinator throughout the entire planning process, and helped us immensely at the wedding reception. She went the extra mile to ensure... Read More we had everything we needed, and that everything went smoothly. The kitchen/waitstaff/bartenders were also amazing! Everyone was served in a timely manner, the drinks were plentiful, and the quality of the food were 100% up to par with the samples we tried at the tasting. A+! Their wedding package included a cake from Dessert Works, which was almost too beautiful and delicious to eat! The classical setting and medium size of the Dome Room was perfect for our international group of 90 guests, and we loved going to the roof for a brief photo-op during our cocktail hour. The honeymoon suite (included) is also spacious and beautifully-decorated. Overall, our wedding went extremely smoothly, the staff displayed exceptional professionalism, we're 100% satisfied, and we highly recommend you consider The Lenox for your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Nora M

Although the Lenox has wedding space on the second floor of the hotel, we held a Cocktail Party reception from 12-3 at the City Table Restaurant with the after party from 3-5 at Solas Irish Pub within the Lenox on June 4. Like others have written in their reviews, I can't say... Read More enough good things about our experience and, no matter how hard I try, I can't possibly do our experience justice through this review but I will do my best. Simply put, I can't imagine having a better experience anywhere else in Boston. From our first meeting a year prior with Alison, the Director of Events, through the Sunday after our wedding when we were checking out of the hotel, the level of service we received was simply incredible. We got the sense very quickly into the planning process that Alison shared our vision and that we could trust her which, frankly, made the planning process much less stressful and essentially a breeze. Ultimately, the event that Alison delivered was exactly what we wanted and envisioned. Every single guest is still raving about the food, drinks and the atmosphere. Although we are local, we stayed at the hotel for two nights and every member of the staff that we encountered delivered a level of service that, in my opinion, is unmatched in Boston. Yes, a lot of the staff knew we were getting married that weekend but we also filled twenty rooms with our guests and every single guest at some point throughout the weekend came up to us and raved about the level of service they received from everyone to the Doorman, Bellman, Front Desk Staff and Concierge to the Restaurant Staff. Most importantly, it seemed like the smiles, good-mornings, help, etc. that we received from the staff were truly genuine. The hotel itself is luxurious and exudes a roaring 20's vibe that is simply incredible. One of the other great things about having your wedding at the Lenox is the location. Being local, I can tell you that you're not going to find a better-located hotel in all of Boston. Our guests had hundreds of restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. within walking distance of the hotel as it is located right in the heart of the Back Bay section of the city. In summary, I can assure you that you will not regret your decision to have your wedding at the Lenox. In hindsight, we are so glad that we chose to have our wedding at the Lenox and can't imagine another place delivering the incredible experience we had. Thank you Alison and the Lenox Hotel Staff!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Kara M

Words cannot express how incredible of a wedding venue The Lenox Hotel is! Our wedding search started with the typical things, we wanted a beautiful reception space, a good location in the city, top-notch food, and more than anything, good people to work with. The Lenox checks... Read More these boxes with the absolute highest of marks! Looking around the Boston area, you’ll see many special reception spaces, but few are as elegant and beautiful as the Dome Room at the Lenox. The food, from the cocktail hour to the reception, is absolute top class and every guest we talked to wouldn’t even dare compare it to typical “wedding food” as it was a class above. The location, especially for out of town guests, is the best neighborhood in Boston to conveniently explore the city. But more than anything, the people at the Lenox made the weekend so incredibly special. Alison Majka is the standard for which all wedding coordinators should be measured. Alison has an incredible sense of calm about her and that can prove invaluable in planning a wedding. We can’t express enough how special it was to get to know and work with Alison. There were so many things she helped us with along the way, but quite simply she was always prompt, a joy to spend time with, and made not only us but also our families comfortable throughout the wedding weekend. Alison, and the entire staff, from Didier helping us through our tasting, to the front desk staff who helped our family relocate into the hotel after their rental apartment down the street flooded (at 3am!) simply exude class and hospitality. The package includes the chance to take pictures on the roof, that is an experience that you should not miss! We also had our rehearsal dinner at Solas the night before and that was a perfect start to the weekend with a private space on the 2nd floor that Alison helped to set up. Quite simply, the entire night was magical, and we cannot imagine our wedding day anywhere else but at the Lenox. Thank you so much! (Kara and James, 11/7/2015)

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

There aren’t enough positive adjectives to describe our experience with The Lenox this past June 2015! My husband and I began the process of searching for and looking at venues within Boston Proper in Spring 2014. We knew we wanted a smaller-sized intimate wedding and The Lenox... Read More was the perfect location for everything on our checklist. The boutique hotel is meticulously maintained and has been restored and sustained with impeccable care and attention to period-style detail. Only one wedding per weekend is conducted at The Lenox, which means the bride and groom receive a level of unmatched service that cannot be found anywhere else. Alison Majka, head of catering and sales, is hands-down one of the top coordinators in the city of Boston. Always quick to respond to emails and phone calls and genuinely dedicated to the happiness and well-being of each and every person she comes in contact with. It meant the world to my husband and I to see her treat our parents and friends the same way she treated us. Our guests could not have had more pleasant things to say about The Lenox and the staff as a whole! On the weekend of our wedding, all the stress and anxiety felt by brides and grooms was non-existent for us. Alison was always around, provided us with her cell phone number, and was in constant contact with all of our vendors. Every time I needed her, it was like she instinctively knew and would appear! Alison and the staff at the hotel went out of their way to provide us with our favorite beverages and food, which they remembered from our tasting event. The food, wine list, and cocktail choices are some of the best in the city and my husband and I have been told multiple times by our guests that their dinners were the best they’ve had at a wedding! I’ve heard stories from so many friends and family members who made it a point to tell me a story of how someone at the hotel went out of their way for them. It was so important for us to have our guests receive amazing customer service and I doubt that level of care can be found elsewhere. Even our vendors contacted us afterward to rave about Alison and the staff at The Lenox! Over the course of the year that we planned our wedding, Alison became a very dear friend and we often stop by the hotel for dinner and drinks and each time, someone working in the lobby recognizes us and makes it a point to say hello. My parents recently spent a night at the hotel for their anniversary and Alison made sure to make their weekend just as special as my own wedding weekend. Together we planned for them to be taken to and from Fenway Park, get dinner reservations, and Alison even sent a bottle of their favorite prosecco to their room as a treat from the hotel. If you are looking for 5-star treatment, award-winning food and beverages, and the most beautiful dome ballroom for your wedding, The Lenox should be your first and last choice!

Heart of the Back Bay

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Claire T

My fiancé and I chose to stay at the Lenox the night of our wedding, and we couldn't have made a better choice! The hotel is beautiful, and was completely accommodating of a few tricky requests (tricky for us, not for them!): we needed to check in early (no problem) and have... Read More our flowers dropped off early (they were sent right up with bellboys), and have space in the valet zone for a Duckboat to pick us up with our wedding party (SO not an issue)! The staff made our lives much easier as we juggled pre- and post-wedding activities, even blocking off some last minute brunch space for us at City Table. Wonderful experience, overall!

Reviewed on 5/30/2015 Lauren F

The Lenox Hotel was an amazing venue for my wedding! They were so attentive and professional. I felt so special every time I went there. My guests are still talking about how magical the whole night was. For everything that they provide, the price was great!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014

My daughter was recently married and her reception was held at The Lenox Hotel Dome Room in Boston. If I could give this wedding venue 10 stars I would! The Lenox Hotel, staff and especially Alison Majka were wonderful to work with. From the minute my daughter and her... Read More fiancé walked into the beautiful lobby at the hotel and then saw the Dome Room they knew they wanted their reception at The Lenox. While weddings can be stressful at times to plan, that was never the case with The Lenox. Working with Alison was a pleasure. There was not a single detail that we requested that was not met and all of our guests raved about the venue, service and the food. Alison always answered my inquiries, either by phone or email, promptly. She went above and beyond when she found a beautiful cake stand for my daughter's wedding cake, at no additional charge. Everything on the day of the wedding went perfectly, in large part to Alison's attention to every detail. The entire staff at The Lenox was welcoming and attended to our every need. The City Bar, City Table and Solas bar also worked perfectly for our guests both prior to and after the wedding reception. The wedding package that The Lenox offers can't be beat, it is the best value with a five star plus quality. I could go on and on listing all the small details and extras that The Lenox Hotel did to make this such a special day for my daughter and her husband, but suffice to say that you will not be disappointed if you choose The Lenox Hotel for your wedding venue. Run, don't walk to book your date!

An Amazing Venue for Small Boston Weddings

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Clara R

As a long-distance bride (living in Florida and planning a wedding in Boston), I knew that my venue choice would be the most important wedding decision I would make. My choice proved to be excellent! Alison and the staff at the Lenox made wedding planning as painless as... Read More possible, and gave my husband and I a perfect wedding day. Alison in particular made everything a breeze, and she was extremely flexible with my travel schedule and the many changes I requested in the week before the wedding. They took care of all the little details I couldn't be bothered with - like menus, table settings, and staffing. Many of our guests traveled over 1000 miles to join us, and The Lenox offered the perfect backdrop to a Boston wedding weekend. Many said this was the best wedding they had been to - the food was amazing, and the setting unforgettable. The staff treated us and our guests like royalty. My husband and I do not consider ourselves "fancy" individuals, and I was worried that this choice wouldn't fit us. The great thing about The Lenox is it is a small, classy hotel that is far from stuffy. In the end, they gave us and our guests a day we will cherish forever. I'd also like to point out the relative affordability ("relative" being the key word) compared to other hotels in Boston. They include all taxes and fees, and the wedding package is truly a steal. What they provide is worth every penny and then some. Thank you to Alison and everybody at The Lenox Hotel!!

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 3/27/2014 Tiffiny A

The entire hotel staff was so helpful and nice to not only me but every single guest. The service was excellent and everything went smoothly. Terrific location for out of town guests and anyone wanting to take pictures at nearby city landmarks. Highly recommend the Lenox!

Can't say enough about The Lenox!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Haley M

I can’t say enough about The Lenox Hotel and their absolutely amazing staff. I honestly don't know where to start…the elegant and old world charm of The Lenox Hotel, the sheer beauty of the Dome Room or the unbelievable group of people we got to go through the planning process... Read More with…but we could not have asked for a better place to host our wedding ceremony and reception on Oct 19, 2013! Our wedding coordinator, Alison, was beyond amazing. There was not a single detail she overlooked and our ceremony and reception were evidence of that…it was truly perfect!! Our guests are still raving about the beautiful hotel, the delicious food, the outstanding service and everything in between! From the moment we arrived for our wedding weekend, every person we encountered went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I, as well as our guests, felt special and that our experience was absolutely perfect...and it was! I would recommend The Lenox to any bride who is looking for a classy, elegant and beautiful wedding in Boston!

Dream Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Laura

I cannot say enough about the Lenox Hotel. From the first day we came to look at The Dome Room, the entire staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. I cannot recommend them highly enough! Great location, gorgeous room, the food was out of this world and the... Read More price, while expensive, was all-inclusive and a good deal for Boston!! I wish I could get married there again!

Perfect Hotel for a Small(ish) Boston Wedding

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Katie P

We were married at the Lenox Hotel on July 27, 2013. We had 125 people and the room was perfect for this size. We were taken care of from the moment we walked in the door and didn't have to think about one thing. All of our guests raved about the the service and are planning... Read More to go back to the hotel in the future. The packages they offer are comparable if not less expensive than other Boston hotels and they offer much more for the $. The Lenox Hotel offers the charm of a historic hotel right in Back Bay with all your guests need to enjoy themselves. Making sure our guests felt comfortable and taken care of was really important to us and the hotel did just that. People often talk about what they would do differently if they could do the wedding over again and I wouldn't change one thing. The hotel offered a classy, elegant atmosphere that wow'ed our guests from beginning to end. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Beautiful Hotel in Boston

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Paula M

The Lenox was not only beautiful and ideally located, but the staff were incredibly accommodating.

Exceptional Experience at The Lenox!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2013 Vanessa L

The Lenox is an ideal location for an intimate and elegant wedding. The Back Bay location was a perfect setting to show our out of town guests the best of Boston. The ambiance of the hotel is very regal, from the lobby to the hotel rooms, and has an old world charm mixed with... Read More modern amenities that few hotels have. However, what truly made our wedding exceptional was the staff at The Lenox. Every person we interacted with was accommodating and professional. Our wedding coordinator, Alison, was tremendous. She was extremely responsive, attentive to every detail, very thoughtful, and held everything together resulting in a great wedding. We had both our ceremony and reception at The Lenox and the transformation of The Dome Room was incredible. In keeping with the excellence in all aspects of our experience, the food was delicious. We've all been to weddings where the food is lacking, but everything from the hors d'oeuvers to the main course was very good. I cannot recommend The Lenox enough for anyone to host an incredible wedding. The food, venue, and especially the staff made for a night I will never forget.

Kayla & Aj DiNuccio Wedding Day

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Kayla G

We cannot thank Alison and the entire staff of The Lenox Hotel enough. Our daughters wedding was amazing and flawless. Every guest raved about the beautiful hotel, thoughtfulness of the staff and attention to detail I must say again they were outstanding! We chose The Lenox... Read More immediately after meeting Alison and reviewing the wedding package. Included in our package was a one hour open bar, choice of five hors devours, cheese / fruit spread and a signature cocktail as the guests entered the cocktail hour. Dinner was superb with an appetizer, salad, choice of three entrees, wine service, beautiful wedding cake and chocolate covered strawberries Alison and her staff made each and every guest feel special taking care of each individuals needs, notifying them of a post wedding brunch, delivering a welcome gift to each guests room. They treated every detail as if it was their own wedding They are a class act. We could not have been happier choosing The Lenox Thank you again Paul & Lisa Longo