The Lesner Inn

Virginia Beach, VA

Book Your Wedding with The Lesner Inn

A BALLROOM IN VIRGINIA BEACH, VA

The Lesner Inn is an elegant waterfront event venue located in Virginia Beach, Virginia that overlooks the Lynnhaven River and the Chesapeake Bay. Gorgeous views abound on the water and couples looking for the ultimate Virginia Beach wedding have many options for creating their most memorable day at The Lesner Inn. Indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception areas can be found there, whether plans are for an elegant sunset event or a casual afternoon nautical-themed celebration.

Lesner Hall and Sun Deck. For a combination indoor/outdoor event, the cheerful tones, high ceilings, vintage-inspired chandelier and warm lighting create an open, airy ambience in Lesner Hall. The maple hardwood floors are stunning and great for dancing, following a ceremony outside overlooking the water out on the Sun Deck. Located on the second floor, Lesner Hall and Sun Deck have panoramic views of the bay and river, so there’s not a bad seat in the house. This space can accommodate 200 guests for a full reception or 400 for a cocktail reception.

Waterside Deck and Lynnhaven Room. The Lynnhaven River and Chesapeake Bay make excellent backdrops for events in this space all year round. In the warmer months, open windows and ceiling fans keep guests cool, while overhead heaters keep this area warm as the weather changes. No matter the time of year, stunning views are enjoyed here by couples and guests. Banquet receptions for 120 guests can be hosted here or cocktails for up to 150 guests

The Lesner Inn offers a variety of wedding packages for couples to choose from. All of the packages include these amenities:

• Menu customized to your event by the on-site catering company
  • Full cocktail, beer and wine service
  • Centerpieces for guest tables
  • Cake cutting service

Rental times for The Lesner Inn are for three hours for a reception-only booking, with an option to extend to the fourth and fifth hours. For a ceremony/reception combo, four hours are scheduled with a fifth hour option. Couples will find the staff of The Lesner Inn to be very flexible with start times and early mornings can be arranged upon request. However, all events must end by 11 p.m.

The event team at The Lesner Inn is top-notch when it comes to helping couples plan and execute their wedding and/or reception. You’ll feel less stressed knowing the details for your day are being handled in a professional way by a staff who will work hard to make your wedding dreams become a reality. Other perks offered at The Lesner Inn include:

• Sparkling Cider and/ or champagne toasts for all guests
  • Rental includes tables, chairs, linens, china, flatware and glassware
  • Lots of parking and a friendly attendant at your service
  • Beautiful bridal dressing room

Casual Elegance on the Water

The Lesner Inn is the premier catering facility and award winning event venue in Virginia Beach. Located on Shore Drive, Lesner Inn gracefully intersects the Chesapeake Bay and Lynnhaven River, displaying breathtaking, intimate waterfront views. The Lesner Inn welcomes all events, from anniversaries and weddings, to rehearsal dinners or any other social function!

• Outdoor - Covered

9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

3319 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA (757) 481-1122

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Nicole F

From the minute we visited the Lesner Inn, we know it would be the perfect venue for our October wedding. We wanted something that was able to be outside, but didn't rely on a "Plan B" option for bad weather. The Lesner's upper deck was a fantastic choice - our ceremony took... Read More place right as the sun went down and couldn't have provided a better backdrop. The food and staff were amazing, and all of our guests said it was hands down the best wedding they had attended! Working with Cayleen to coordinate everything was absolutely amazing - she was always responsive and helpful and provided great inside guidance into planning. I would recommend this venue over and over!

2016-11-09T16:10:44 Response from the vendor

Nicole, you and Mike were a DREAM to work with! I'm so happy for you both, and of course I'm thrilled that I was able to meet and be able to work with you through such an exciting process! Thank you so much for your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/07/2016

It is no easy task being a bride! I am so glad that I chose the Lesner Inn for my wedding Venue. The location is absolutely beautiful and I couldn't have pulled it off without my helpful assistant, Brittany! Wow, she was answering emails past 10:00PM and always knew the answers... Read More to any questions that I had. I would highly recommend having this talented lady help you through the process. We had a beautiful wedding and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Thanks Lesner Inn!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Kate K

Such a beautiful venue and a very helpful staff. Everything went off without a hitch, the very few questions that arose the day of were handled quickly and easily. Alexis was very helpful during the planning process, answering all of our questions and explaining where to start... Read More with the parts that we had no idea about. The decor options are beautiful and set the exact mood and feel that I wanted. Less expensive than neighboring venues with the same value. Overall WONDERFUL experience, and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Greg W

Lesner Inn helped make our special day stress-free and beyond memorable. The location/view is spectacular and staff are incredibly accommodating. Brittany, Cayleen and Elizabeth were so kind and helpful throughout the planning process. I had so many questions and they were... Read More always quick to respond with an answer! The day of, Brittany went out of her way to help with any issues that came up, including a wrinkle mishap on my wedding gown which she ironed out using her own steamer she rushed home to get! Food was fabulous, everything was on schedule and wait staff were on-point. Bartenders were friendly and fun while keeping the adult beverages flowing! Our day was magical because of Lesner Inn and we will forever be grateful for the perfect memories that were created there!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Nelson B

Really had a great experience working with the Lesner Inn group, Lindsey did a wonderful job coordinating everything and our wedding went off perfectly!

2017-10-23T09:55:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you Nicole & Nelson!! It was SO great getting to know you both during the planning process! Congratulations to you two again!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Chelsea W

After meeting with Brittany and taking a tour of the Lesner, we were in love. Brittany was very accommodating and placed a hold on our day while we determined if it was in our budget. After a few days, we paid our deposit and The Lesner was our official venue for our June 17th... Read More wedding. Leading up to the wedding, Brittany and her staff were very helpful and considerate with reminders about deadlines and due dates for payment. During the wedding process things can be stressful and the time flies so it was very helpful to have the reminders. Brittany gave us different options throughout the process that made our day exactly what we imagined. The day of the wedding everything ran smoothly and as planned. Brittany and her staff worked well coordinating with our outside day-of planner. The food was delicious and the catering staff was very friendly and on top of cleaning up the mess. Our friends and family raved about the wedding. Overall, we were so happy we chose The Lesner Inn for our wedding day and highly recommend it to any couple!!! Thanks so much Lesner staff!!!

2017-07-11T09:14:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet words! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your big day and we loved getting to know you and your family throughout the planning process. Congratulations to you & Brandon!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Rio Z

Choosing a wedding venue was probably the easiest part of wedding planning for my husband and I. We took one look at the view from the sunset deck and knew it was where we wanted our love story to begin. My wedding exceeded my wildest expectations. It was even more beautiful... Read More than I had dreamed it would be. I owe a HUGE thank you to Brittany, Alexis, and Cayleen for streamlining every detail for me. I really didn't even have to think on my wedding day and that was priceless. All of my wedding guests are still raving about the fun they had that day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making our wedding memories as perfect as they possibly could be. Love you guys!! ---Mike and Rio Herbik

2017-07-11T07:52:27 Response from the vendor

Rio, thank you SO much for your sweet words 😍 We had so much fun getting to know you and Mike during the planning process. You were a stunning bride and we wish the best for the two of you in your marriage!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Haley R

We were pleased with our choice in vendor and would definitely recommend to others. We had both ceremony and reception at Lesner. We did experience communication issues as I had 3 different points of contact throughout my planning process and often times their emails would go... Read More down and you could not communicate via email with them. The reception was also a bit too short (even with paying for the 1 hour extension). I wish the packages offered a longer reception option. Additionally, they did not announce that the bar was closing and I, the bride, went to the bar 2 minutes after it closed and they would not serve me another drink. They also could not guarantee early access to the venue (due to rain) until the day of the wedding which caused complications for the rain plans and we had to scramble last minute to ensure that the limo/wedding party/etc. all knew the change of plans on the wedding day. This could have been prevented if they could would have confirmed early access at least the day prior due to no other events being scheduled at the venue that day. Good food, professional, beautiful location.

2017-06-20T13:25:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your four star review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your overall experience with us! Our event staff works as a team and we love getting to know our couuples. We try our best to keep you with the manager... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Kendra R

The Lesner Inn was the 2nd venue I looked at, it appealed as it has the perks of a beach wedding (being on the water), without the worry of the sand or rain conditions. I was downstairs in the waterside deck. Everything was beautifully decorated and arranged so the day of I had... Read More no worries except getting myself ready. The venue was beautifully decorated, food was amazing and staff were very friendly and helpful. My wedding cold not have been any more amazing.

2017-07-11T07:55:14 Response from the vendor

Kendra, thank you so much for your sweet words! It was such a joy getting to know you and your family throughout the planning process, and seeing it all come together on the day of. We hope your first month as husband and wife was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Tanya C

From the minute I walked into the Lesner Inn, I knew that it was where I wanted to have my wedding. Choosing them was one of the best decisions that I made! The staff was nothing but helpful and easy to work with. They responded quickly to emails and made all of my planning... Read More easy. Alexis and Brittany both were amazing! They made all my visions come true and helped make my day perfect!!! I would recommend the Lesner Inn to anyone looking for an awesome venue for the most important day of their lives!

2017-07-11T07:58:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Tanya. We had such a great time planning your wedding. We hope these first few months as husband and wife have been nothing short of a dream, and that every month that follows is the same!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Janet L

We had a wedding rehearsal dinner at The Lesner Inn in February 2017 and I can't say enough great things about it. Cayleen was wonderful to work with. We are not from the area and she made it so easy to plan this event. The decor was beautiful and the food was delicious. The... Read More bartender and staff did a great job. It was a wonderful experience and a great way to start the wedding celebration. I highly recommend Lesner Inn.

2017-03-08T08:23:00 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you to make your rehearsal dinner the perfect start to your son & daughter in law's wedding weekend! I knew that every time I had a call come in from Mrs. Janet Lee that I would be smiling... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Amanda C

Our site coordinator Alexis was amazing! She was so helpful during the planning process and always responded quickly to my emails, even emails I was sending the night before the reception with last minute changes. Our reception was held in the Waterside Deck and Lynnhaven Room,... Read More which was the perfect amount of space for our 75-person reception. The only decorations we had were our centerpieces, the space does not need more decorations than that. The food was amazing and many of our guests said it was some of the best food they've had at a wedding. Our only complaint was that when the bar was closed, they also took away the jugs of water, even though the reception still had 30 minutes left. Other than that our experience with Lesner Inn was amazing and stress-free!

2017-07-11T08:00:18 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy to hear you had such a great experience with your wedding at the Lesner Inn! I can't believe it's already been over 7 months since you got married here - time flies! We had such a joy hosting your wedding and reception... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Katie S

Where Can I start? From the beginning our experience with the Lesner Inn was perfect. Emails were responded to in a timely manner and responses were informative. We were advised by our Coordinator (Brittany) that there was an open house with vendors and door prizes. We went and... Read More ended up winning the Main prize which was a free room rental. We moved forward with the process of booking our date. The entire time, Brittany was MORE than helpful. She really stuck to our budget and helped us in anyway she could. We were aiming for a laid back, intimate sunday- funday brunch wedding, which is exactly what we got. We loved that we did not have to leave to take pictures because with that view of the water, there was no reason to. Everything was perfect and went smoothly. All of our guests loved the laid back vibe of the downstairs Waterside deck. It is the perfect mix of elegance and relaxation when you walk into that room. The Lesner Inn was the number one best choice we made in our wedding process. They really know what they doing and make the planning process so much easier with the different options for decor, linens, and other "extras" to choose from. We are SO thankful for them and their professionalism.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016

What a magical day! Brittany and her team at the Lesner Inn worked so hard to make our wedding flawless. From start to finish we could not have asked for a more perfect day. We will for sure be coming back for other events down the road.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amy P

We had our ceremony and reception here on a Sunday afternoon in Oct 2016 and could not have asked for a better wedding venue! The Sun Deck and Lesner Hall are beautiful and look amazing in our pictures. The food was delicious (they even had a gluten free menu for my sister... Read More with Celiac). All of the staff was professional, fun, friendly, and incredibly helpful. We were from out of town so I was looking for a venue that included packages for ease of planning. We used their new ABC Day of Coordinator service and centerpieces so we really only had to add some small personal decorations to make it our own. They were very accommodating of the details we cared about and took over the ones that we didn't. We had to do most of our planning over phone and email since we live out of state, but they did such a great job organizing everything that I had nothing to worry about on our big day except remembering to say "I Do!"

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Tori B

The moment we attended the Open House my fiance and I knew that this would be where we would have our ceremony and reception. The water view was amazing and fit our style. I loved the idea of having my ceremony and reception in the same place. I also loved that this venue is... Read More beautiful and didn't need a lot of decorations. Table linen is included along with tables, chairs, plates and cutlery. The venue also handles the catering so it's just a matter of choosing what you want. This made planning easier for me. I worked with Brittany and she was great. She answered all my questions whenever I asked. The cocktail hour and reception went smoothly without any issues. We actually had a vegan guest that I was not aware of and hadn't planned for. Brittany was able to accommodate the guest immediately. The only negatives are the venue is not solely yours for the day and there are food/beverage minimums. The venue can accommodate 4 weddings in a day - 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. It is possible that another wedding or event could be happening at the same time as your event. Also, you are on a tight timeline and have to be done by a certain time. We chose to have a small wedding - 75 people. For us the best option was a Friday morning at 11:30. I was a little concerned about the early time but I was very happy with my wedding. It was amazing and everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Karen T

Just following our wedding at Galilee Episcopal on August 20th 2016, we held our reception at Lesner Inn and are so glad we did!! We are water/beach lovers and our wedding theme was of that. We used the Waterside Deck and Lynnhaven Room for the reception from noon until 3 pm. It... Read More was just perfect and we wouldn't change a thing! Table setting and layout were just great, dance floor roomy, bar convenient, buffet great, cake cutting toast services fantastic! Brittany was awesome and so accommodating from our first call and subsequent countless meetings. She was so patient with both of us, including a real Groomzilla wanting things perfect and they were. Her other staff was fantastic as well! Our guests, mostly from out of town as well as some locals, commented how great and unique the setting was as well as some very tasty food and drink! Thanks again Brittany and all the staff at Lesner Inn! We highly recommend Lesner Inn!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Stephanie P

Beyond our wildest dreams! We were married at The Lesner Inn Saturday, August 20th 2016 and is was FLAWLESS! Everything that could go right went right! It is all thanks to Cayleen and the staff at The Lesner Inn that helped make our night the most magical night of our lives!... Read More We have not stopped talking about how wonderful they are and what a perfect night it was! Our family and guests raved about the service, professionalism, and beauty that Cayleen and the Lesner Inn provides. Thank you for making our dreams come true! - Stephanie & Scott

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

My son and new daughter in law chose this venue for their wedding in July 2016. My family and friends raved about the food, view and service. Only minus was the heat, but that was Mother Nature's doing, not The Lesner Inn. Beautiful venue.

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Kayla P

Lesner inn is such a beautiful venue and I was not disappointed. Everyone was so great to work with and really helped to put my anxiety at ease. Thank you Lesner for creating such a beautiful space for my wedding. I will cherish it forever.

Reviewed on 4/29/2016 Alina M

Brittany did a fantastic job making sure the planning process for my wedding reception was stress free. She was very accommodating and incredibly professional Her relaxed demeanor really helped me feel more at ease with the planning process, especially when everything starting... Read More getting stressful. The day of my wedding was absolutely amazing. The Lesner Inn was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the staff was incredibly organized. I am so glad my husband and I chose to have our reception at the Lesner Inn. The atmosphere created by the venue and the staff was exactly what we were looking for! It was perfect!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Ashley M

Alexis and her team at The Lesner Inn were very helpful throughout the entire process! We had a fairly small wedding (30 people) and the Lynnhaven Room provided a wonderful view for our ceremony and reception. Everything was set up exactly as we discussed and the food was... Read More absolutely delicious! I highly recommend The Lesner Inn!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Rebekah A

We held a Girl Scout event here but I just had to let everyone know how absolutely wonderful this venue is. I have attended events here before so I knew the food was delicious but the service is what puts this place over the top. We worked with Brittany who was so helpful,... Read More always quick to return emails or calls and most of all, incredibly patient. Every time we requested a change, and then another change, and then to change some thing back, we were met with a smile. Her professionalism and helpful advice with all the decisions made our event a huge success. All the staff we worked with were awesome and even though we had bad weather, the view was still wonderful. This place takes the stress out of planning a large event and is worth every penny!

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Colleen K

They were very professional in all of their communications. Representatives were able and willing to answer all of our questions and really work with us. The space was wonderful, it was set up amazingly and looked great. They cared about our input and worked hard to make sure we... Read More got what we wanted. Additionally, they worked well with other vendors and made everything go smoothly.

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Sharise D

The Lesner Inn team helped make our winter wedding spectacular. From the food, the added decor, the ambience of the water and a friendly staff-- our guests had an amazing time at our wedding reception. Alexis was super helpful and informative throughout the entire planning... Read More process and helped ensure the day went well. We are so appreciative to the Lesner Inn team and would definitely recommend this venue to brides and grooms looking for an awesome venue! :)