Book Your Wedding with The Lilac Inn

A BALLROOM IN BRANDON, VT

The Lilac Inn is one of Vermont’s premier boutique Bed and Breakfasts. Nestled in the quiet town of Brandon, Vermont, the Lilac Inn is the perfect place for a romantic destination wedding. Couples looking for the picture perfect, country wedding will be delighted with the unhurried and elegant setting. The Lilac Inn is an historic mansion built in 1909 as a summer entertaining home. The home has been hosting elegant gatherings for over 100 years.

The inn accommodates 130 seated guests in its bright and airy ballroom. With large French doors and beveled glass windows, the room is bathed in natural light throughout the day. The fireplace and elegant décor create an atmosphere of romance from a bygone era.

The beautiful gardens offer two acres of manicured lawns surrounded by flowering plants and trees. The cobblestone patio has hosted intimate and extravagant receptions alike. For larger events the courtyard can be fully tented to hold up to 250 guests. A rustic gazebo is the setting for outdoor ceremonies, and the Sunken Garden with its cascading pond, creates a secret escape for dazzling photos.

The owners of the Lilac Inn are your person event planners. We are there from start to finish to make sure every aspect of your wedding goes smoothly. We can fully customize your rehearsal dinner and wedding menus to fit any dietary preference or restriction. With our on-site chef, we make it easy to create the wedding menu of your dreams. We use in season, local ingredients, often sourced from neighboring farms.

There are nine guest rooms at the Lilac Inn. Each room has been lovingly decorated in its own style. King beds, fireplace rooms, and extra beds are available upon request. We are also pet friendly! Feel free to bring your four-legged family member to celebrate your special day.

• Featured in Country Living, Yankee and Vermont Magazines.
  • A three-course cooked to order breakfast is included with each night’s stay.
  • We are a designated Green Hotel.
  • We are on the National Registry of Historic Places
  • Elopement packages and services are available

Custom Vermont Weddings in a Romantic Country Inn

Congratulations! Whether your dream is an elopement for just the two of you, a special gathering with all of your family and friends, or something in between, the Lilac Inn is the perfect choice. The Lilac Inn offers fully customizable weddings all year round. All of our packages are able to be personalized just for you and your dream wedding. Your personal coordinator will be with you from start to finish.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Mansion + Estate, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

53 Park Street, Brandon, VT (800) 221-0720

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Erin S

Deciding to get married at the Lilac Inn was the easiest and best decision we made while planning our wedding. If you're thinking of getting married in Vermont, you should definitely book a tour here. Shelly is amazing and will help you plan your dream wedding. When you book the... Read More Inn, you get the opportunity to use the grounds for the entire weekend while Shelly coordinated all of the catering, tent rental, and staffing. I still keep dreaming about the butternut squash ravioli we had as one of our food options, it was out of this world! Our 140 guest wedding felt intimate and our guests enjoyed exploring the beautiful gardens and taking advantage of the ballroom for dancing and the fire pit for relaxing. We chose to have the ceremony in the garden and I'm so glad that we did. Brandon is a beautiful example of small town Vermont and your guests will love the hospitality and all the area has to offer.

Historic Inn

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Ashley S

My husband and I were married two weeks ago at the Lilac Inn. The whole affair was beautiful. I had wanted things done a little differently than they usually do them and that was no problem. Instead of round tables we had a large horse shoe of farm tables. We also had no meat at... Read More our wedding, and the staff was very accommodating. We got tons of compliments on the food and atmosphere. It was a great wedding. I'd recommend this inn to anyone.

Perfection

Reviewed on 7/27/2012 Whitney W

I had my wedding here a little less then a month ago and everything was absolutely perfect. Everything was so amazing and Shelly and Doug are so helpful. It looked as though we were going to get rained out and Shelly sprung into action planning other places for us to have the... Read More ceremony which we actually didn't need, but knowing that she was planning for another place in the inn kept my nerves at ease. They are so laid back, but not to a fault. Knowing that the wedding was going to go off without a hitch because of their confidence kept me completely at ease the entire time. The food and service was amazing and I also really liked that they let you do pretty much whatever you want in terms of decorating. My guests and my husband and I had a wonderful time. It really was the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Adanna J

Shelly and Doug were amazing. We are three weeks out from our wedding and guests are still talking about how beautiful the Inn is and the delicious food at the reception. They were flexible and provided options that fit our budget. They were also very resourceful with helping... Read More us sort out last minute mishaps (extra tables and vases for flowers, dinner options for out of towners, to-go breakfast for early travelers, forgotten suitcases and returning rentals to vendors). They really helped to ensure that we had a relaxing and enjoyable time with what could easily have been a very stressful event. Booking the Lilac was one of the best wedding decisions we made.

2017-11-20T13:22:20 Response from the vendor

Dear Adanna and Conor, It was our pleasure to host your wedding. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here. It was so wonderful to get to meet your families and help make your wedding a special and memorable event. Thank you so... Read Less Read More

Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 2/09/2014 Christine S

What do a bride and groom need in a wedding venue? Well, there are the tangibles: enough space for guests and any musical entertainment, good food, plenty to drink, decent dance floor. And then there are the intangibles: a creative yet reliable contact person/planner,... Read More delightful spots for photos and an overall magical appeal, and a location that your guests will feel quite comfortable in. The Lilac Inn in Brandon had all of these tangible and intangible qualities, and more. I’d need to write pages in order to capture all of the wonderful things about having your Special Day here; I can’t do that so will settle for three reasons. First, Shelly is a wonderful partner in planning your wedding. The owner of the inn, she is thoughtful, patient and imminently flexible; she considered each of my many requests and delivered nearly every one of them to a tee, and she has plenty of her own helpful ideas and suggestions to offer. We credit her for making the wedding of our dreams come true. Second, the Lilac Inn truly is magical. From the gardens to the entry to the ballroom, it is a beautiful place without being ostentatious. And, it is one in which your guests will feel comfortable. I recommend renting the inn for your entire wedding weekend: the bridal suite is a perfect home base for your time there and the breakfasts in the morning are just as yummy as dinners. Third, the food is delicious: our guests enjoyed it and there were many choices. And finally, there are incredibly talented vendors for your other needs (photographer, wedding cake, florist) nearby. Shelly has suggestions. My husband and I strongly recommend having your wedding at the Lilac Inn!

good enough

Reviewed on 12/27/2012 kristina c

well i rented the inn for the bed and breakfast feel. i had a brunch wedding teaparty theme on dec 1. i said no x mas decor there was. for such a highly rated place they did omlet station on camping coolman grill(not my idea for wedding). for the amount of $(5000about) i dont... Read More feel like i got it. also the professionalism from the innkeepers was that there no contract to hold them to either. But the handyman/chef saved the day with his help of the removal of x mas decor.

Absolute Perfection

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Shannon M

You cannot go wrong. Owners Doug and Shelly Sawyer are fantastic to work with. The Inn is perfectly designed (indoors and outdoors) for weddings.

PERFECT DAY!

Reviewed on 1/16/2012 Krissy C

From our first visit at the Lilac Inn, we knew this would be our dream wedding. The innkeepers, Shelly and Doug were very helpful and they and their staff knew what we needed before we did. Shelly and Doug were there at the reception and treated our guests exceptionally well.... Read More The place was absolutely gorgeous and we were all so comfortable there. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT! All of our guests want to come and visit the inn again. We had the perfect day and we're thrilled that we had our wedding at the Lilac Inn.

Beautiful VT Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/23/2011 Laura S

It was beautiful... everyone had a great time. Doug and Shelly Sawyer (owners) are awesome and work the whole wedding!

Perfect destination

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Kellie C

I highly recommend checking the Inn out for your summer or fall wedding...their gardens are lush and beautiful, the perfect ceremony location. I was a little unsure going into the final preparations process, because Shelly is very laid-back, and not always on top of answering... Read More phone calls and emails. Also, since we had our wedding on a Sunday, I was concerned that her other guests would "crash." There was no need to worry in the end...the food was delicious, service excellent, and we saw not a single one of her other guests.

Lilac Inn

Reviewed on 9/24/2010 Heather V

The Lilac Inn is a perfect place to host your wedding! Shelly and Doug do a wonderful job of letting you plan your perfect wedding. The Inn is beautiful and the food fantastic!

Shelly and Doug Sawyer

In the Spring of 2001, Shelly and Doug Sawyer purchased the inn after searching for two years. It was during their time living in England, that Shelly dreamed of owning a bed and breakfast. When they saw the Lilac Inn it was love at first sight. In the tradition of a stately home custom built for grand entertainment, the Sawyer’s have updated the home and its gardens to make the The Lilac Inn a leading destination for romantic Vermont getaways and destination weddings.