The Lodges at Gettysburg

Gettysburg, PA

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

685 Camp Gettysburg Road, Gettysburg, PA

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Megan G

We had our ceremony and reception at the Lodges in July 2016. As soon as we saw the venue, we knew it was the PERFECT place for our wedding. We live a few hours from the venue and were extremely worried about planning from afar. Beth made the entire process seamless. She... Read More made herself available for visits at our request and phone calls. She was extremely responsive with emails, even when I was asking too many and likely annoying questions. I could not have asked for a better person to work with. One hiccup did come up. My entire guest list was traveling and staying in Gettysburg. We did run out of rooms at the Lodges. However, Beth helped set up a room block at a nearby hotel, which was a big relief. When it came to the day-of-coordination, Susie was exceptional. I was a bit reticent having Beth plan with me the whole way and then passing it off to Susie for the day-of. I could not have been more impressed. It was like I was talking to Susie the entire time. On the day, everything went off without a hitch! If there was any kind of problem, it was dealt with perfectly behind the scenes. Susie organized all of the vendors coming in and made sure everything was just as we had discussed it. She made sure that the entrance and exit into the ceremony was time properly as well. She also made sure we got some deserts and an extra meal in our rooms late at night. I couldn't have been more impressed with Susie and Beth, and the Lodges in general. I heard rave reviews from guests.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Lisa P

We are so glad we chose the Lodges of Gettysburg for our wedding! Beth was so helpful and quick to respond throughout the entire process, and Susie was excellent the day of our wedding. The food was great, the ceremony site and reception hall were beautiful and everything came... Read More together wonderfully. The guests absolutely loved staying on site in the gorgeous Lodges. This was all at a really great price. I definitely recommend booking The Lodges at Gettysburg for your big day!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Cindy M

Our daughter got married in October 2016 at The Lodges at Gettysburg. I have to say it was an amazing experience. Beth, the wedding coordinator, is a consummate professional. She knows exactly what to do and say to keep things running smoothly. It was the perfect wedding from... Read More the venue, which is rustic chic to the location which is rural with gorgeous scenery, a small lake and the main lodge overlooking Eisenhower Farm. The venue is perfect, the food is fantastic and the lodges are quaint. We used the vendors from their 'recommended' list and they were all just as professional with the same commitment to excellence. Look no further for a wedding to remember!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Elizabeth U

Fantastic place for a wedding. Our daughter got married there in September 2016 and everything worked out perfectly--beautiful setting, great food, adequate space for a large wedding, lovely cottages, and extremely efficient and accommodating staff. We also had a good experience... Read More with all the vendors on their recommended list. As the mother of the bride, they made my job much easier, including coordination of the rehearsal and ceremony itself. I highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

As a out of town guest the availability of lodging it VERY Limited. Available rooms are scarce and unless you get a Suite they are SMALL. Anyone with any consideration for their out of town guest would not use this venue. We have attended three weddings at The Lodges at... Read More Gettysburg in the last four (4) years, we lived in the area previously, and every time we have either not been able to get a room ( three (3) months prior) or had a very small, very difficult to get to, very overpriced room. I'm sure the pictures were great. The food is average (not prepared there). The terrain is rough and steep, not good for walking the heels and the weather can be a problem. I recommend any Bride consider their guest when picking this venue for their wedding.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Kellee S

This past weekend we had our Wedding at the Lodges. It was beyond perfect! The venue itself is gorgeous both inside and out. We were supposed to have our ceremony outside but due to the rain it was inside and it was still just as amazing ! Beth, our coordinator, was outstanding.... Read More She was patient and kind and I will miss working with her. The staff at the Lodges were so nice and made everyone feel right at home. We received so many compliments - from the venue to the people to the cabins. We would 100% recommend the Lodges to anyone and everyone! The cabins were beautiful and the tavern was a great place to hang out after the wedding. I could go on and on but you will not regret staying here or having your wedding here. Thank you all for your help! We have new amazing memories.

Reviewed on 4/20/2016 Sarah M

We had our wedding almost 2 weeks ago at the Lodges. It was a destination wedding for us since we live in New York while our families live in Texas. Beth, the wedding coordinator, as well as all of the staff at the Lodges made this process such a wonderful, low-stress event.... Read More Beth was so helpful in answering all of mine and my mother's questions. She helped with information about the area and keeping things in order on the actual day, so all I had to do was show up and get married. The day of and day before went so well, from the venue, to the lodging, to the rehearsal walk-through, decorating, everything. Beth and the staff were there every step of the way. They were so friendly, helpful, and ready with answers to questions and suggestions. The rooms were spacious, stocked with coffee and even had make-up remover wipes in the bathrooms! All of our guests were out of town, so having on-site accommodations was an important key to our choosing the Lodges. On the day of, the staff helped coordinate so my husband and I didn't run into each other. They helped keep the boys occupied and even helped coordinate lunch so the wedding party didn't turn hangry. My dad and I even rehearsed our father-daughter dance in their office! Overall, it was such an incredible weekend and it would not have been nearly as great without the amazing people at the Lodges. They know what they are doing and make pulling off an awesome wedding seem effortless. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Sharnell L

From day one I knew that the lodges at Gettysburg was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. The event coordinator was always easy to get in touch with and would answer every question I had. The day of, she made everything move seamlessly! She really went... Read More above and beyond and helped me with anything I needed! We loved everything about them; so much so, that I've been trying to think of another event to have at the lodges!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Star-Lena Q

When we were looking for venues, we walked into this place and absolutely fell in love. We didn't use the lodges for the ceremony (we were married in a church) but we loved the space for our reception. Beth was very helpful and just amazing the day of! Everything ran so smoothly... Read More and we couldn't have been happier with how the night went. The venue, food, and bonfire were a huge hit with all of our guests! We received many compliments about the night and it just cemented that we chose the perfect place.

Fantastic Venue

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Tara T

The Lodges was the perfect venue for my brunch wedding. We had about 75 guests, an amazing brunch that was being talked about by my family at another wedding the next weekend, a mimosa bar, bloody mary bar. It was beautiful, classy, romantic, laid back and perfectly us. The... Read More staff bent over backwards to make our day perfect and I cannot thank them enough. The onsite Lodges for guests are adorable and SO convenient. Have your wedding here! You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Kyla H

Our wedding at the Lodges at Gettysburg was more than perfect! Beth, Erica and the entire staff at the lodges were extremely accommodating and did everything they could to make our day special! We had planned on our ceremony being outside but due to the rain that week, we... Read More decided to move it indoors last minute. Beth and Erica made this transition so easy and stress free! With family and friends all over we decided to make this event a “wedding weekend.” The modern cabins were absolutely perfect and all of our guests enjoyed being so close to everyone as well as the venue. Dinner was to die for and the guests loved the breakfast set up the following day! From beginning to end the entire staff at the lodges could not have been more accommodating. I cannot thank the Lodges enough for making our day beyond perfect!! We would do it all again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Caitlin F

Our wedding at The Lodges at Gettysburg was absolutely perfect, and it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Beth, Erica, and the staff! Beth answered every question in every e-mail, and went over & above to fulfill my requests. Every step in the planning process was a breeze... Read More & we looked forward to our meetings. Our guests haven't stopped raving about the delicious food, excellent service, and wonderful accommodations. Our day-of-coordinator, Erica, couldn't have been more wonderful! She was always smiling & pleasant to work with, and dealt with my pre-bridal stress flawlessly! She ran our rehearsal effortlessly and made us feel much more comfortable with the processional. The bonfire at the end of the night was just perfect! Usually couples have to arrange an after-party at another location from their reception, and figure out transportation, but no need to worry about any of that at The Lodges! Every aspect of this venue is fabulous & you will not regret your decision to get married here! It was the best day of our lives & our dream wedding for sure!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 J A

Wedding Bliss I’m not sure I can find the words to truly express how perfect The Lodges at Gettysburg is for your wedding day. My now wife and I attended a friend’s wedding here a little over a year before ours and knew this was going to be the first place we visited when we... Read More started planning ours…and it ended up being the ONLY place we visited. The surroundings are gorgeous, the main lodge is beautiful and can easily be “customized” to fit your needs, and the lodges themselves are perfect. Our coordinator, Beth, was an absolute pleasure to work with and walked us through every step of the process to keep us on track. She was courteous, accommodating, and professional. She arranged our dinner tastings, multiple visits for planning, answered all of our questions quickly, did everything she could to accommodate what we wanted for our day, and made sure all the details were taken care of (very helpful since there are so many things you forget or don’t think about). Our actual wedding weekend was perfection. Our ceremony/reception was on a Saturday, so about 35 of us showed up Friday afternoon for our on-site rehearsal and rehearsal dinner (which we did off-site because they were hosting another wedding that day). The scene was a little chaotic when we arrived because of the wedding/reception, and although clearly a little overwhelmed, the entire Lodges staff were pleasant, professional, friendly, and very quick to address any concerns our party had. We had early access to the main lodge for decorating and set-up on Saturday morning. The bridal party was conveniently tucked upstairs in the bridal suite/spa for make-up, etc. and the groomsmen had access to our own suite. We decided to be a little unique and held our late afternoon ceremony on the main hill by the flagpole that overlooks the fabulous view of the Gettysburg country-side that made for some phenomenal pictures. The reception went off without a glitch and I’ve never heard so many rave reviews from our guests about the venue, the food (we used Carriage House for dinner and Karen Rodkey Cakes for cupcakes), and how impressed they were at how smoothly everything went. Everyone had a blast! For an additional bonus, we were able to finish off the night down by the lake for a bonfire, where anyone staying at the Lodges (a HUGH convenience…we had about 75 people stay) were invited to congregate to relax and continue the festivities. We were also able to have a farewell brunch on Sunday morning for our guests in the bar area of the main lodge (delicious food again from Carriage House), which was a nice way to see our guests one more time before parting ways. My only criticism of The Lodges would be the lodge reservation process. Some of our guests had difficulty getting someone on the phone to reserve their cabin (the online system didn’t work for us), but that’s about it. Overall, we’d do it all over again if we could. It was a perfect weekend that just went WAY too fast. If you are looking for a place that’s convenient, budget-friendly, professional, and beautiful for your wedding day, you’d be remiss to not visit The Lodges.

Awesome Venue!!!

Reviewed on 12/12/2014

We had a private wedding ceremony at the lake on October 14, 2014 and then had a brunch reception on December 7, 2014 in the ballroom. This venue is awesome and Beth is amazing!!! Before we visited the Lodges we had not set a date for our ceremony, nor had we even picked a... Read More location. And, we couldn't set the date for the reception before decided on a wedding date. We thought we'd take a look at the Lodges just to see what they had to offer for our reception, whenever we decided when that might be. We were so impressed during our initial visit there that we set our dates for both the wedding and the reception on the spot! Beth and her staff made the planning for and the day of both events effortless for a slightly nervous bride. The food was fantastic and there was certainly plenty of it. I would give Beth and the Lodges more than 5 stars if I could!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Michaela A

The Lodges at Gettysburg is an extraordinary place to have your perfect day! The staff was so overly helpful with all of my needs as well as my guests. The venue itself is so beautiful literally no decorations were needed. I absolutely loved the fact that all of my friends and... Read More family could stay in the cabins the night before the wedding and the night of. I really can’t say enough about how great everything was! I would recommend the lodges to anyone I know!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Katrina R

The Lodges at Gettysburg were amazing. The staff was helpful, friendly and always there to help! The food was amazing!!!

Great Place!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Ashley M

Everyone who was at our wedding is still raving about how amazing this venue was, and how amazing our day of coordinator Erica was. I would repeat the day in a heart beat, it was stress free, we had time to enjoy, and it was everything we could dream of. The ceremony was outside... Read More and it was absolutely gorgeous. Beth and Erica both helped developed a backup plan in case of rain or cold. The reception hall is breathtaking along with everything else there. The touches the lodges put on themselves allow you to have minimal decorating if you choose. I also had my hair and make-up done at the spa which was absolutely amazing, everyone is still commenting on how well she did (am I not one to wear makeup). The Lodges worked with our schedule and was easy to get in touch with. We are already talking about having anniversary parties there in years to come. The cabins are absolutely amazing as well, and we are already planning a trip up there! Our guest loved it, we loved it, and we can not thank Erica and Beth enough!

Beautiful wedding

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

Could not have been more pleased with our wedding and the services the lodges provided. Beth is easy to work with, professional and can accommodate many requests. As an employee in the catering businesses, we had high expectations and the lodges met everyou one.

We had the BEST day at The lodges

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Katie A

We had one of the most wonderful day at the Lodges. The staff was more than accommodating and everything ran smoothly. The entire place is gorgeous and pictures there turn out lovely. Every view is gorgeous, and the ceremony site is breathtaking. If you needed anything at all... Read More the staff would bend over backwards for you and make sure it was done. I can't say enough good things about this venue! Everything was great!

Perfect Place for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Tara S

We couldn't have asked for a better place to get married! The lake was a perfect ceremony site, the view is amazing, and the reception hall is a great size. Beth and Susie were wonderful throughout the entire night, as well as with all the planning beforehand. Our family members... Read More and friends couldn't say enough about this place and the lodges they stayed in that evening! If you are looking for a place to get married, definitely check out The Lodges! You won't regret it!

Wonderful wedding weekend

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Lauren M

I have always wanted a weekend get-away feeling for my wedding. The Lodges at Gettysburg made that possible. We had many out of town guests and their multiple lodging options allowed all of our guests to stay on location in hotel like accommodations. Many guests took advantage... Read More of historical location and came early in the week to be tourists. We had an outdoor picnic rehearsal dinner down by the pond on Friday night, the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception on Saturday, and then a wonderful brunch on Sunday morning. We also did bonfires Friday and Saturday night. All of the guests loved not having to drive to multiple locations and all of the staff were very helpful with any questions or needs. The food was amazing and was true to what we had at the tasting. Beth and her team were great! Beth was very responsive and helped me with whatever I was asking for. The rooms and outdoor areas are beautiful and seem to get better each season. The staff was available when you needed them, but did not hover and intrude in the festivities. I was extremely happy with my wedding weekend and loved everything about the Lodges at Gettysburg!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Melanie R

We had our wedding on August 16th, 2014 at the Lodges and I'll start off by saying it was everything we dreamed! I knew the moment I arrived at the Lodges for the first time it was the place we'd end up picking. The Lodges truly is an amazing place to have your ceremony and... Read More reception. The scenery for our outdoor ceremony was gorgeous by the pond, the main lodge was nothing but beautiful, and the overnight accommodations in the cabins were wonderful. The staff at the lodges made everything so easy. We were impressed and fortunate that when we did the food tasting, the lodges had the main room filled with vendors. From that night we were able to finish off the vendors that we still needed. Beth, the director of events, was amazing in helping with all the planning. She always responded to my questions or returned my phone calls very quickly and was always willing to help with anything I needed. We had changed our minds with several details including the menu selections and she was always very patient and accepting of our ideas. Susie was our day of coordinator and I can't praise her enough! She made sure that everything flowed smoothly throughout the entire day and more importantly made sure that everyone was having a great time. I can't praise the location and entire staff enough! We are still getting comments from friends and family on how great the food was, the beauty of the setting, and how much fun everyone had! Anyone that is looking at the Lodges for their wedding make sure to consider the bonfire after your reception. This was such a unique option and allowed us to spend even more time with all our guests! We give them our highest recommendation.

Professional, superior service

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Jess F

What an over-the-top, perfect job they did for my daughter's wedding weekend. We can't say enough about their professionalism, "can do" attitude, and ability to get the job done. The staff bends over backwards to help make the day exactly as you want it to be. The event... Read More planners are very skillful and accommodating. To say that the food is delicious is an understatement. We had over 200 people attend this wedding and the food did not taste like "banquet" food. It tasted like "made to order" or "going out for dinner" food. That's an impressive feat! The property is beautiful and you really will want to spend the night there because the accommodations are top notch. Who doesn't want to spend the night in their own private lodge after attending a magical wedding topped off by a bonfire? We created memories there!

Best Country Setting you will find!

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Karen H

My fiance found the Lodges at Gettysburg while I was deployed to Afghanistan. We had the first couple meetings with Beth via skype. Although it was a very unconventional way of picking a venue, Beth made this process so easy that we booked her while I was still deployed. The... Read More Lodges is conveniently located right outside of downtown Gettysburg with gorgeous views of the rolling hills. My fiance and I are both military, so this venue was extremely important to us. In the months leading up to our wedding day, the Lodges had a food tasting day so that we could pick our menu. We were excited to show up for this but what we didn't expect was for the ballroom to be filled with vendors. We still hadn't found our cake baker or photographer, but after that day, we not only picked our menu, but we booked our baker and photographer and was able to complete our wedding plans! On the day of the wedding, the food was amazing, the ballroom was gorgeous, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our guests filled the lodges behind the ballroom and loved that everything was onsite and convenient. We booked the bonfire after the reception and because we were the only guests at the Lodges, we were able to relax and enjoy every acre of the property! The breakfast the next morning was top notch and gave all the out of town guests one more time to visit before heading home. If you are looking for a gorgeous, convenient, country wedding venue, the Lodges is for you!

My Wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Kelly H

I can't thank the staff at The Lodges at Gettysburg for the wonderful service we received. I would recommend this to any bride who is looking for a fabulous place to get married! They go above and beyond to make sure that the wedding goes over smoothly and they take care of it... Read More all!

Start a Conversation!