The MacArthur (formerly The Park Plaza)

Los Angeles, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The MacArthur (formerly The Park Plaza)

A BALLROOM IN LOS ANGELES, CA

When couples seek a wedding with cosmopolitan glamour, they head to Los Angeles. The MacArthur offers a historical take on elegance in the heart of the city. Built in 1925, The MacArthur's Gothic Revival architecture is a historical fixture in downtown Los Angeles. Large angels guard the corners of the vintage building while brass elk antlers adorn its entryway.

Couples exchange vows surrounded by history, luxury and elegance. The interior of The MacArthur features ornate Art-deco styling. Choosing this venue automatically brands a wedding as a classic affair. Even though the scale of the The MacArthur is tremendous, some of its modestly sized rooms make intimate weddings possible. To-be-weds select from the following one of a kind spaces for their ceremonies and receptions:

The Garden. Couples exchange vows in this secluded space that has a capacity for 400 guests. The Garden is an open-air courtyard surrounded by lush greenery.

The Lounge. With a capacity for 70 guests seated and 120 guests standing, The Lounge is an intimate setting ideal for cocktail receptions and small gatherings.

The Plaza Ballroom. Dance the night away in this room that features stately columns trimmed in copper leaves. This room has a capacity for 150 guests.

The Grand Ballroom. Couples and guests mingle amongst beautiful archways and hand painted ceilings while dancing the night away. This room can accommodate 250 guests.

Elks Hall. The largest ballroom at The MacArthur has a capacity for 420 guests seated. Couples and guests feast their eyes on gorgeous Art Deco motifs and decorative wall sconces before dining on reception meals.

Couples and guests indulge on The MacArthur's culinary creations by their in house catering company. Couples need to clear some wedding decorations with their wedding coordinators since they require prior approval before set-up.

Couples take advantage of The MacArthur's statuesque standing to throw a wedding in grand style. A non-refundable deposit and signed contract are needed to secure an event.

The MacArthur is known as the setting for some of Hollywood’s most famous films. Couples and guests give themselves the star treatment when they visit the city’s many attractions. To add to this experience, The MacArthur offers the following extra perks:

• Bridal room
  • Outdoor night lighting
  • Linen, flatware, glassware and china
  • Tables and gold chiavari chairs

Say "I do" in the midst of history and elegance

One of Los Angeles's most prized possessions, The MacArthur (formerly The Park Plaza) is a truly special and one-of-a-kind venue. With stunning architecture and elaborate Art-deco details, The MacArthur serves as the ideal backdrop for a wedding of any caliber. Our four ballrooms, The Garden and Historic Lobby can accommodate intimate as well as extravagant weddings.

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

607 South Park View Street, Los Angeles, CA (213) 381-6300
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 8/04/2012 renee r

I had the most amazing wedding at the park plaza. Every detail of planning my wedding was handled efficiently. My guests all loved my venue. The place is beautiful. They handled everything professionally and my day went so smoothly and perfectly. Trisha is very helpful with... Read More the details and planning. It is such a beautiful venue and it really gives your wedding a "wow" factor. So glad I had my wedding there!!!

Breathtaking!

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Susan M

When we started out looking at venues last year for our wedding, we had looked at half a dozen hotels and golf courses in Orange County and when nothing seemed to stick out, I had my wedding coordinator focus her search in Downtown Los Angeles. I was hoping to find something... Read More spectacular and breathtaking, and boy did we find it when we entered Park Plaza! As soon as you pull up, the giant building adorned with angels is amazing, and it doesn't stop there. We walked in, and immediately, I knew this was it. This was where our wedding was going to be. I didn't even have to tour the place. Trisha at Park Plaza is so sweet and helped make everything seamless. The day of, our guests were in awe! Two weeks later, I still get comments of how amazing our venue was. Thank you Trisha and Park Plaza for making our wedding day so memorable!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Debbie C

I have absolutely NOTHING bad to say about this place. I just had my wedding this past Saturday and my guests all raved about what a beautiful venue this place was! From start to finish—Park Plaza provided me with the most professional service. Tawni, the event venue... Read More coordinator is THE best. Her communication throughout has been prompt and detailed. Her level of professionalism and advice had made the whole process of planning a wedding seem like a piece of cake! The least you an do is book a tour for the venue to go and see for yourself. The pictures don't do it any justice.