The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Housed in two charming historical buildings, The Madison Event Center is a far cry from the typical banquet hall. Old-fashioned architecture combined with modern amenities creates a timeless elegance for weddings. The Madison Event Center is home to not one but three ceremony spaces, along with six ballrooms.

The Madison offers affordable, all-inclusive wedding packages that can be completely customized, providing you with stress-free planning, a dedicated event specialist, your choice of ceremony and/or reception spaces, chair covers, tables linens and decor, your choice of menu, a champagne toast, signature cocktails, unlimited beer, wine, soft drinks and more.

The Chapel

With exposed brick and romantic lighting, The Chapel is an ideal space for an intimate ceremony with up to 100 guests.

The Loft

An elegant space showcasing exposed brick, statuesque windows and a stunning chandelier, The Loft seats up to 200 guests.

The Terrace

An airy, outdoor feel on The Terrace creates the perfect space for ceremonies with romantic touches that include starry lights draped from the ceiling and seating for up to 300 guests.

The Grande Ballroom

Make your fairy-tale entrance on the stunning staircase in The Grande Ballroom. With art deco charm, a built-in bar and a large dance floor, this space seats up to 375 guests.

The Emerald Ballroom

A romantic and traditional feel is the hallmark of The Emerald Ballroom, with a neutral color scheme, contemporary crystal chandeliers, spacious dance floor, built-in alabaster bar, and seating for up to 280 guests.

The Crystal Ballroom

Showcasing contemporary décor with 15-foot ceilings, crystal chandeliers, custom LED lighting, built-in bar and dancefloor, this ballroom can accommodate up to 220 guests.

The Galleria Ballroom

With vintage-inspired details, stunning 13-foot tin ceilings, a large wood dance floor, built-in bar and adjoining chapel included, The Galleria Ballroom seats up to 160 guests

The Madison Ballroom

Filled with classic architectural elements like exposed brick and marble pillars, a large wood dance floor and built-in bar, this ballroom can accommodate up to 180 guests.

The Royale Suite

This traditional and cozy space is perfect for an intimate event, and seats up to 70 guests.

The Madison Event Center is truly passionate about helping you plan your dream wedding day. They will work alongside you to find the perfect ballroom, date and price for your celebration. They understand that many couples are working with a budget in mind and are dedicated to helping you find the best option. The Madison can work with a variety of budgets—from $5,000 to $20,000+, depending on your needs.

The Madison Event Center also has services that include:

Talented, Award-Winning Staff:

• A dedicated Event Specialist to handle all of the planning, right down to every last detail.
  • A dedicated Event Coordinator to manage all aspects during your event—from your grand entrance to your last dance.
  • Customizable menu selections created by an Executive Chef and prepared in-house by a talented culinary team, served fresh to your event.
  • A professional staff of carvers, servers, and bartenders—attentive to every need.

Food & Beverage:

• An invitation to the Taste & Toast Event, where you and your selected guests can sample a variety of delicious menu options.
  • Your choice of buffet or plated dinner options (Silver, Gold, and Platinum)
    • Stations and custom menus are available upon request
  • Unlimited beer, wine, champagne and soft drinks—with passed red & white wines and “Blushing Bride” and “Golden Groom” martinis as your guests arrive.
  • Champagne toast poured to all of your guests—no one is left out!
  • Complimentary cake cutting.

Décor and Space Services:

• Your choice of linens, centerpieces, and table decor, as well as complimentary decorating for your event.
  • Custom floorplan, full-service room setup and cleanup.

Experience The Madison Event Center

Located in the heart of beautiful, historic downtown Covington, we have hosted over 10,000 events. With 6 magnificent reception ballrooms, accommodating up to 375 guests, and spacious rooms for ceremonies and rehearsal dinners, we offer many elegant options. Our truly all-inclusive package makes wedding planning stress-free and our attentive event specialists will help you create a truly special celebration to delight your guests. Call us for a private tour at (859) 261-1117!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

700 Madison Avenue, Covington, KY (859) 261-1117

Truly awesome!

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Amber S

I was so amazed by how wonderful The Madison Event Center was. My husband and I initially avoided looking at this venue because we didn't want to get married at what we initially felt was a "wedding factory." Well, I'm so glad that we ended up checking them out because I was... Read More blown away by all the Madison Event Center offers it's clients! Our sales person, Maura, went above and beyond for us and was so helpful in planning our wedding. The venue looked beautiful the day of the wedding and the food was delicious! This place is a great value for all that if offers, I highly recommend checking it out!

Wonderful experience at the Madison

Reviewed on 3/16/2014 Megan S

The staff at the Madison made our wedding reception one to remember. They bent over backward to make sure that our wedding reception was what I had always dreamed. The staff was friendly, easy to work with and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for... Read More a place to host their wedding reception.

Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Courtney S

My husband and I didn't want just the average banquet hall for our wedding - we wanted something with character, and did the Madison deliver! All of the rooms were beautiful but we fell in love with the Grande Ballroom. I felt like I was in a fairy tale. The staff was incredibly... Read More helpful and flexible with us. They waited on us hand and foot during the reception and we didn't have to worry about a thing. We got married in February and got it for a steal too. Friends who got married elsewhere paid almost twice as much for not nearly the space, character, and service that we got. We LOVED The Madison!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Jamie M

Overall the Madison did a decent job creating our night. The food was absolutely delicious. I gave them a three because we were told our guests would have free parking and they were not all told about validating their ticket. We also had to add fifteen people two weeks prior... Read More and we paid the extra fee. When we got to our reception, my husband had to find someone and tell them to set up more tables because they didn't have enough set up. The bar staff was great. We also had a timeline and asked for salads to be brought out right away and that they didn't have to wait for us to get there. We had to ask for the salads to be served. After that, the food was ready and served quickly.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Emily B

My husband and I chose the Madison as our venue for both our ceremony and our reception. The whole process was so easy and so fun. Candice Rain was our coordinator up until the event, and she was outstanding. She answered every question and was so flexible, patient and gracious... Read More with us. There were no surprises along the way! For the price and everything they offer, it was easily the best decision I made during the whole planning process. Our day went off without a hitch, it was picture perfect in every way! The rehearsal dinner and day of team were phenomenal. They answered every question and allowed the ceremony to go so well! If I had to do it again, I'd do everything at the Madison in a heart beat. The food was wonderful, decor perfect, and the staff was outstanding. Highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Emily B

We loved the Madison! We had our ceremony in the Loft and our reception in the Grand Ballroom. Everything was perfect and what I always dreamed it would be. I didn't have to worry about a thing! Our wedding planner throughout our engagement helped with all the plans and our... Read More night of coordinator was amazing. I highly recommend The Madison- all of our friends and family said it was the best wedding they had been to!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Marion C

We had our wedding at the Madison Event Center South in the Galleria Ballroom. Everything day of went off without a hitch, and the Madison staff were very professional and attentive. The Ballroom looked beautiful and the food was better than I expected it to be based on the... Read More Taste and Toast (the tasting event the Madison offers). The four star rating comes from the fact that there were several issues throughout the planning process that stemmed from me not knowing to ask the correct questions and the Madison event planner not volunteering the information. The largest issue I remember at this point was with the Bourbon Bar. I paid extra to have the bourbon bar at my reception and in all the advertising for the bourbon bar (including at the Taste and Toast) it is implied that the bourbon bar comes with a cool wood bar made out of bourbon barrels that is really a show piece at your reception. Because I did not ask, it was not mentioned to me until the week before my wedding that this bar was actually an extra cost, and that also it wasn't even available to move to the Madison South. I did eventually get the staff to agree that the bar could be moved after complaining about the misinformation, but they did nothing to address the extra cost and I elected to just use the free option of a table with skirting. This left me scrambling the week before to figure out a way to decorate this bar. Overall my experience at the Madison was just good and I'm happy with how my reception turned out, however I would caution future brides to carefully question every detail because the staff here will likely misinform you.

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Lauren L

The Madison was a great place to have our wedding. It was beautiful and the staff was so helpful at all times of the process. Ashley, our wedding coordinator, was always professional and very easy to work with. We couldn't be happier with the vendor we chose.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Samantha R

We had our reception here and it was fantastic!! Soooo many friends and family couldn't believe how beautiful it all turned out! You have a consultant you work with to hammer out all the details! It made everything so much less stressful and even enjoyable!! I highly recommend... Read More using this venue! Food was also very delicious and they have a fun tasting which was great!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Megan M

The Madison was absolutely amazing. We brought in a lot of our own decor with a certain vision in mind and the Madison staff nailed the set up. The food was amazing and tasted the exact same as when we first tried it. The grande ballroom was gorgeous, fit 240 of our guests... Read More comfortably and looked better than what we could have imagined. Ashley was the absolute best to work with and I know everything looked perfect and went so smoothly due to all her hard work. She always responded quickly to my questions and gave me some of the most helpful suggestions. The staff the night of the wedding was exceptional as well! My husband and I never had an empty drink in our hand and after boxing up all of our decor for us they even went next door to Hotel Covington where we were staying to help us drop if off in our hotel room. I am so thankful we chose the Madison Event Center for our special day!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Emily O

Overall disappointed. My ceremony and reception was on 7/30/16 in The Crystal Ballroom.My wedding specialist was Robbin. When I spoke with Robbin originally she said the room would fit 225 people for ceremony that would have room for an aisle and reception after. I am later told... Read More Robbin had left and I would temporarily be working with Brittney. Upon speaking with Brittney I discovered that in order for there to be an aisle I could not have more than 200 people. So I cut my guest list so I could accomodate for the aisle. Mind you, I paid for food and drinks for 250 people and there was no refund for having less people come even if so far in advance (over a year) I knew less would be coming. Brittney and I spoke on the phone and thru emails and she responded in a timely manner. Later, I was assigned to Jessica. She responded to emails promptly and always had answers to my inquiries and a few suggestions/recommendations on where I could get decor. ANOTHER issue with the aisle came up. Jessica said that I could only have the aisle if I had 170 guests after speaking with the operations director. WOW so now I am cutting back from 225 guests to 200 to 170 with no refund for food and drinks for less guests, when I was originally told I would have an aisle. The other option was to walk from along the wall on the far side of the room. A bride imagines herself walking down the aisle not walking against a wall. I called the Madison and spoke with Amanda and explained the aisle situation. She put me on hold and spoke to the operations director. She then told me I could have 180 guests and an aisle if we put the buffet on the dance floor. Why didn't Jessica have this idea for me? I wrote up an extensive list of where I wanted decor to EXACTLY be for the day of. ALOT of these items were not where they were supposed to be. For instance my guest book and advice cards were placed OUTSIDE of the room and only a few people signed it; I believe because of this location. A WHOLE table was placed outside of the room that had decor and information etc. I said for the table to be inside the room. If that was not possible why didn't they tell me beforehand? I gave the detailed list to Jessica on 7/27 that should have been more than enough time to review it. All the guests said they had a lovely time and the staff was great EXCEPT I had 3 guests tell me they heard the DOC complain that the ceremony was starting late. It did start late but the guests should not be hearing about the DOC complaining ( I can't remember his name) During the rehearsal he seemed very standoffish and indifferent to the job. I do know we tipped him nicely and regret it after guests saying they heard him complain. There WERE so many discounts offered AFTER I signed my contract. So if you book with them make sure you get a discount! I have so many other complaints. Feel free to message me.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Abbie W

Brides your search is over for the perfect reception venue... look no further because you won't find anything better than the Madison. Their customer service is exceptional and they made everything completely stress free from start to finish. During the planning processes they... Read More have multiple meetings with you to make sure they have all the details of what you want. They even have a taste and toast event where you get to try all the food and appetizers so you feel 100% confident with your food choices. When it comes to set up they take care of it all. The week of my wedding I dropped off about 3 cart fulls of decorations and they did all the work. (doesn't get more stress free than that!) The night of our reception when we arrived, two Madison employees came up to me and my groom right away and introduced themselves and asked what we wanted to drink so they could have it ready at our sweetheart table. The entire night they were making sure we had everything we needed. At the end of the night they packed up all our decorations and gifts and loaded it into my parents car. It was so nice being able to just hop on the party bus at the end of night instead of hanging around for an hour cleaning up. Booking with the Madison was the best decision we made by far!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Emily I

We held our wedding in the Emerald Ballroom on 11/5/16. I originally worked with Amber but she ended up moving so we got to work with Ashley and I'm so glad. She was patient with me (I had a vision and I was picky!) and made sure everything was perfect before the big day. The... Read More ballroom was very elegant, exactly what I wanted, and the day of the wedding it was even more beautiful than I could have dreamed with the décor, lighting, etc. My rehearsal dinner was at The Precinct the night before so I was worried people who were there would be let down by our wedding menu in comparison but SO many people came up and commented on how delicious the food was! The staff made sure I always had a drink in my hand and that things flowed smoothly. After the wedding, we realized a sheet cake we had ordered was never served and Ashley and The Madison looked into it and made everything right with us immediately! I am thrilled we decided to hold our day here and I wish I could go back and do it all over again.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Betsy F

The Madison Event Center was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding reception. From the detailed planning in the weeks leading up to the event (which Jessica, our event specialist, easily guided us through), to the final song of the night, we were able to completely relax... Read More and enjoy every moment. I can honestly say the entire evening went off without any issues or hiccups. The ballroom was beautifully decorated and set up. Throughout the evening, the Madison staff took great care of each and every guest. During cocktails, while awaiting the arrival of the wedding party, our guests were engaged in conversation, tasty beverages and great appetizers. We heard many compliments about the flavor and quality of the food that was served. The bar offerings were well-received, as well. Afterwards, they kindly packed up anything we needed to take with us, making clean-up a breeze. Most importantly, our daughter and her husband were totally thrilled with the entire evening. They said it was “absolutely perfect”! Thank you so much! I am one happy mama!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Samantha S

We had our reception here. The serving staff was wonderful. The team leader made sure the night went smoothly. My only complaint is for the money, it was a buffet.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016

We LOVED the Madison. My husband and I were so happy that we had our reception in the Emerald room. Candice was an amazing wedding planner and she helped with every step of the way! Which is great about the Madison is that there isnt any hidden fees and everything is laid out... Read More and easy to understand. I had so many compliments from our wedding about the food, the decor and how fun it was! Thank you Madison for such a great night that we will never forget!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Laura K

Jessica was our wedding specialist - she was always available to help us. I loved the Madison because they led you step - by - step. Planning our wedding was a breeze!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Alexis Z

My husband and I got married at The Madison on July 8. We are so happy we picked The Madison as our ceremony & reception venue! We got married in The Loft and had our reception in The Madison Ballroom. They both were gorgeous! Our coordinator was Jessica and she did a wonderful... Read More job throughout our planning process! My only complaint is that we were not made aware that someone else other than Jessica would be there for the rehearsal and the day of. That made things a little more stressful since I felt like he didn't know as much about our preferences as Jessica did. It ended up working out fine, I just wish we would've been told ahead of time. Overall, the spaces, food, and service were top-notch and we loved everything about our wedding at The Madison!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Chelsey P

I cannot say enough good things about The Madison! I looked at many places before deciding on a reception venue and I am so glad that we ended up with The Madison! Our reception was held in the Galleria Ballroom and it is absolutely beautiful! Candice was our planner and she... Read More made our day so wonderful. One of the greatest things about The Madison for me was how thorough they were. Once I had dropped off the decor for my centerpieces, I had absolutely nothing more to worry about! They set up all the centerpieces and made sure that everything was put together perfectly! It took such a burden off of my plate! The catering was also fantastic! Not only did my husband and I love it, but my guests still talk about it! I could not be happier with the choice that we made to go with The Madison. Candice and the team there truly made our day spectacular! They come highly recommended!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Ashley D

My wedding was in the Crystal Ballroom with approximately 150 guests. My ceremony was in the same room so it was a little different but overall preferred by myself and guests. My initial wedding coordinator quit unexpectedly (oh no!) so I was assigned to Jessica instead. She... Read More handled everything okay. However, I feel that The Madison as a whole treats brides like it is to their advantage to have a wedding there. I never really felt like a customer, even though I spent more than enough money to host my wedding. For the night of the wedding, Tracy, made the event worthwhile. She was in charge of the day and did a phenomenal job. She made sure that all of my vendors were in line and everything was going according to scheduled plans. She let everyone know that this is my day and it's going to run like how I want it to. We always had a drink in our hands. She is an absolute sweetheart and made the wedding day less stressful. She made The Madison worth having our wedding there! It was a beautiful evening and unforgettable. Thank you, Tracy!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Amber B

Perfect!! That is all we can say! Candice was our wedding specialist and was amazing to work with! She responded very quickly with every single question or request we had! Courtney was our day of wedding coordinator and Banquet captain She was great also! She was right there... Read More whenever either Brian and I needed something or any of our guests! We could not have picked a better place to have both our ceremony and reception... especially for the cost! Thank you! 100% recommended for your special day or event!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Megan M

The Madison did an amazing job! They were quick to answer all of my questions during the planning period and were extremely accommodating. Jessica was our event coordinator, and she did a great job making sure my husband and I felt comfortable with our wedding timeline and... Read More setup. Tracy and Courtney were in charge of our wedding the night of, and they were wonderful! They were constantly making sure that my entire wedding party was taken care of. They packed up all of our homemade centerpieces and leftover cake and had them ready on a cart for us to take home at the end of the reception. We had an overall fantastic experience, and I would recommend the Madison to anybody! Definitely worth the money if you want a stress-free wedding reception!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Stephanie I

The Madison doesn't even deserve one star. I looked at The Madison in February 2015 for a November 2016 wedding. The salesperson we worked with, Robin, was really awesome and helpful. After a 30-min consultation, I decided to book the room ($1,000.00 deposit). I was in very bad... Read More health at the time, and had purposely picked a date more than 1.5 years out in order to give myself some time to get healthy. Due to financial issues that arose from my health struggle, our budget shrunk tremendously. In May 2015 I reached out to Robin to explain my situation and that we would unfortunately need to cancel our booking, as we could no longer afford the reception we had hoped to have. She was polite but explained that they would not refund the deposit. I escalated the situation to the top and ended up speaking with the CEO and sales director. I explained that I was in bad health, had financial issues, and needed to cancel the room - for a wedding that was 1 year and four months out. I understood the cancellation policy and didn't want my refund immediately back. I just asked that if they could reschedule the room, if they could refund my deposit in whole or even half. My father and I both spoke with them several times explaining the details of my personal life and just asked them to do the right thing--again, we had put no time into planning or booking, we had merely spent 30 minutes looking and did not feel it was unreasonable to request our deposit be refunded SHOULD they be able to book the same room. The CEO said "in five years I've never refunded a deposit, so it's not something we are going to do now." It is evident that this company only cares about $$$. They do not care about you as a person. Additionally, I spoke with several other vendors BEFORE escalating this issue to be sure I knew my facts, and not ONE of them would refuse to refund such a large deposit if the room could be re-booked (obviously it would be understandable if the room went unused). I would never recommend The Madison to anyone and will never stop warning others of my horrid experience.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Amber C

I do not have enough good things to say about The Madison. From the start, they are so unique in their process with the All-Inclusive Package. The package made knowing what I was going to be spending SO up-front from the get-go! The planning process was so easy and everyone on... Read More staff was friendly and quick to answer my questions. Our Wedding Reception was in the Grande Ballroom and it was GORGEOUS... our friends and family haven't stopped talking about it and are calling it the 'Event of The Year!!' They set it up exactly how I had envisioned it and did not miss a single detail. The night of staff was incredible and kept a drink in me and my husbands hands all night. Food was absolutely delicious - which we discovered at the Tasting event they hold for their couples getting married. We had such an amazing experience - If I could give the Madison 10 stars out of 5, I would! THANK YOU for everything!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016 Lindsey H

What can I say about the Madison other than it is amazing? My coordinator was Amber and she was nice but what really made me feel important was the staff the day of the wedding. The Madison gives complementary day of coordinators which is an absolute weight lifted from your... Read More shoulders without you even realizing it. My day of coordinator was Tracy and she was wonderful. We had an issue with a major leak in our ceremony room that just so happened to fall right about where my bridesmaids would be standing. The leak was mostly fixed with a few drips falling when I came down the aisle but hey, things happen!! Tracy and the staff was very apologetic and while I thought it made for a funny story, they did everything in their power to make it up to us. We also had a second day of coordinator named Tabatha and she was sweet as well. Both Tabatha and Tracy checked on me and my husband all night making sure I was happy and the hubby had beer at all times. Everyone that night was just so sweet. The bartender made me a few drinks to try since I typically don't like alcohol (she makes one heck of a pineapple upside-down cake), the guy setting up our coney bar was professional yet easy to talk to, and even the dish washer was a wonderful woman who didn't hesitate to wave at me and tell me congratulations. Yes, the venue is beautiful beyond words but the staff is what truly made our night wonderful.

Meet The Manager

Brittney Lee & Team

Our Event Specialists Candice, Lindsay & Ashley are truly passionate about helping you plan your dream wedding! With a combined 20 years of experience, they have helped thousands of couples on this journey & they cannot wait to meet you! Our team has your best interest in mind & truly want you to have an amazing experience, it starts from the moment you walk into the ballroom for your very first tour, continues throughout the steps of planning, and ends with your last dance surrounded by your closest friends and family. We promise you the best during this most memorable time in your life!