The Makoy Center

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Makoy Center in Hillard, Ohio, allows couples and their guests to 'Put on the Ritz' without even leaving the Midwest. This unique event spot just outside of Columbus, Ohio, features a 1920s art deco design theme that adds a dash of the Roaring 20s, swing music and a party atmosphere to any wedding.

Guests may use a state-of-the-art audio/visual system when they book their wedding, allowing for video presentations and speeches. The entire facility holds up to 1,800 guests in three different reception venues and one outdoor ceremony venue. It measures a total of 30,000 square feet and each venue has a large dance floor.

This space features a large staging area where the couple and wedding party can sit during the reception. The ceiling is high and features a geometric design that allows for spectacular lighting arrangements during parties. Seating for this room is set up on round tables to accommodate up to 420 guests with the dance floor installed.

This room has a smaller staging area that guests can use to hold the wedding ceremony and then have the reception in the same room, with up to 280 guests. There is a large dance floor with disco balls and string lighting. The walls and other decor are white, allowing guests to decorate as they please.

This is a smaller space for more intimate receptions and ceremonies for up to 100 guests. The walls feature art deco art pieces in chrome, giving the room a stylish flare.

This space is the outdoor ceremony space that features a pond and lush flowers. The Makoy Center provides a white awning in art deco style as the backdrop for the ceremony. White chairs are set up to accommodate all guests and there is even space for a string band to perform.

The Makoy Center provides full-service bar and catering solutions for weddings of all sizes. For daytime weddings, Makoy Center offers a brunch menu with options such as short rib hash, crab cakes, steak and eggs and huevos rancheros. For evening weddings, couples can plan a cocktail hour with passed hors d'eouvres and an open bar while they get their pictures taken. For dinner service, couples can choose a seated dinner with plated food or buffet stations where guests serve themselves. The Makoy Center also features special stations, including chef-carved herb-crusted prime rib and shrimp sauté. Bar services are either cash or open.

The Makoy Center gives couples plenty of options for custom linen packages, including black and white chair covers, bands and sashes, coordinating napkins and floor-length skirts. These linens are available for all tables, including the buffet, cake, DJ and bridal party tables. Couples receive the services of wedding coordinators and planners when they book with Makoy Center, who help them execute the logistics for the day. Wedding coordinators also help procure vendors, including florists, photographers, ice sculptors, limo drivers and hotels.

Extra perks that guests at The Makoy Center receive during ceremonies and receptions include

• Free Wi-Fi inside the venue
  • Private parking for over 200 cars
  • Podiums with microphones

Weddings & Events

The Makoy Center is a full service event center that provides onsite catering and beverage services. Located in Downtown Old Hilliard, our luxurious center that boasts 30,000 sq. feet can accommodate anywhere from 35-1800 guests and offers free parking. The Burgundy room emulates a 1920's luxury ballroom with elegant French Art Deco ambiance, a permanent stage, and 36x36 foot dance floor. The Emerald Room, showcased by contemporary vaulted ceilings, also provides a large stage and 36x36 foot dance floor. The private, more personal Mezzanine room may be used separately or jointly with the Emerald room. Highlights of Makoy Center are its controlled theatrical event lighting, centralized bar, private entrances, and separate restroom facilities. With our professional and dedicated staff

Ballroom

5462 Center St., Hilliard, OH (614) 777-1211
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Claire P

They were amazing! So flexible, and helpful on the day of the wedding! They were prepared for everything, and took wonderful care of us. I would recommend this venue without any reservations.

It was a dream!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Courtney B

My venue options were somewhat limited due to the size of my guest list (over 300!), but I'm so glad I found The Makoy Center. Kaitlyn (and all the staff!) patiently answered all my emails and questions promptly. They made everything so easy for me and my parents. My parents... Read More especially appreciated the monthly payment option! Alyssa was our event captain for our wedding day and she was AMAZING! She took such great care of us and made everything run so smoothly. Thank you Makoy for helping me pull off my dream wedding! :)

2015-09-08T10:27:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing Makoy! We loved working with. Best wishes on your marriage :)

A+++++ PERFECT DREAM RECEPTION!!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Brandon W

We had our reception at the Makoy Center, and working with them was a dream!! They are a pleasure to work with, and the entire staff is so friendly. I e-mailed them several times a week to several times a day, and they always responded within a few hours. They make everything... Read More so easy by setting up and tearing down all of your decorations for you, and they were spot on with our decorations. They also make things easy by providing the catering and bar (included in the total cost I listed in this review - 120 guests). They have many different menu options to accommodate for different budgets; we chose a combination of their silver and pasta buffets, and the food was TO DIE FOR!! Their prices are much more reasonable than anywhere else we found in the Columbus area-- although I'm not sure why, considering how awesome they are! The venue is very classy and has romantic low lighting and a disco ball above the dance floor, which we loved. An added bonus-- you can also have them individually wrap your leftover cake slices and place them by the door for your guests to take home. We loved every aspect of our experience with the Makoy Center and definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a reception venue in the Columbus area.

2015-06-12T08:40:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day - we had a blast working with you!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Nicole M

When I started looking for venues for my wedding, I always had the Makoy Center in the back of my mind. My husband and I decided on the Makoy Center and I am so glad we did! I had so many questions and they answered all of them. I had some guests that had dietary restrictions... Read More and they accommodated them wonderfully. I had some vegans and a gluten allergy and the Makoy Center chef made their special. It made my day even more special knowing that my guests were taken care of. My coordinator, Alyssa, did amazing! I told her exactly what I wanted and she went above and beyond my expectations. She made my day so special and I had no worries. Matt is a wonderful asset to this venue. He was the one that answered most of questions. He is so professional and knowledgeable. Clay was also able to help me. He and I walked through some last minute things the week before my wedding. All three of these guys helped me with one of the biggest days of my life and I cannot thank them enough! Thanks guys! You did awesome!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Noelle G

I could not have been happier with The Makoy Center for my wedding. They were the first venue we found that had some flexibility with their menu (we did a mix of heavy apps to save on costs), and the space was just beautiful. We picked the Burgundy room, since we had around 100... Read More guests and didn't want to feel too cavernous. Plus my accent color was Burgundy, so it just felt like it was meant to be. The staff is SOOOOO nice! I worked with Matt on my final details, and he was the best - very calming, fun attitude through the whole process.And the service staff the night of the wedding were extremely attentive and friendly. They went above and beyond to make sure our ceremony went off without a hitch, that we moved along our timeline for the reception, and even helped us pack up at the end of the night! The food was AMAZING - we had wings, spinach & artichoke dip, meatballs, cheese & crackers & veggies and everything was so tasty! If you're looking for a cost-effective space for your wedding, you've got to check these guys out. The value you get is just amazing!!!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Amber S

We just had our wedding on the 18th of February. The planning process was so easy, even with the director of sales leaving after we booked it was a seamless process. Clay took over and it was amazing. Our day of coordinator was so sweet and made sure everything was on time. The... Read More bartender helped in more ways than just getting drinks including helping out when our flower girl locked herself inside a room on accident. I can't say enough about how wonderful the entire staff was. The room was set up how we asked and anything we needed was given right away. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! People are messaging us telling us how amazing the food was and how great the staff was! Can't wait until we attend the next wedding at the Makoy Center!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Melisa H

I dont even know where to start on how AMAZING The Makoy Center was. They were so nice and patient and helped every step of the way. They helped me with so much! The food was amazing, several guests commented on how good it was. Clay and Alyssa were awesome!! I am so happy we... Read More went with the Makoy Center! Would highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Irina P

Me and my husband were extremely impressed with the Makoy Center. The staff was friendly, prompt to reply, and very easy to work with. We worked with Katie and Ben, and both were amazing and made the process easier, smoother, and helped ease any stress. All the guests raved that... Read More the food was delicious, and the Emerald room was gorgeous. We definitely recommend the Makoy for your wedding or special event.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Sarah J

My now husband and I had a fantastic experience with the Makoy Center! They were very flexible and helped with whatever adjustments we needed. We were impressed with their food selection (which is DELICIOUS), the amazing space and decor (Emerald Room), and the service provided... Read More by the staff. Alyssa helped us with the set up the day before, and was checking in with us frequently throughout the reception to see if we needed anything. It went so smoothly because of her help, and we are so grateful! Yes, they are a bit expensive, but WORTH. EVERY. PENNY! Thank you Makoy Center for such a fantastic experience!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lindsey C

The staff was amazing! They did everything we asked and more. Our lead event member was excellent in making sure everything went as planned and set up our decor better than I imagined!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Victoria B

The venue was fantastic. I got married there on September 30th, 2016. Originally, we were going to hold the ceremony outside, but the rain would not let up. However, even thought we moved it inside, it was gorgeous. Everything from the staff to the food to the place itself, it... Read More was perfect for our Harry Potter themed wedding. 10/10

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Mary B

Perfect place, Great Staff! We booked the Makoy Center for our wedding reception after visiting and taking a tour of all the rooms. We settled on the Burgundy room because of our expected attendance and it turned out to be the perfect fit. Our rep Mikaela was so helpful in... Read More guiding us through a lot of the decision making process. They have a full checklist to make sure no detail gets missed and a staff to make sure everything goes smoothly. Since they cater the events they have tastings that you can attend so you can pick what menu choices you want for the wedding. I'm very glad we went to one because the food we ended up picking was phenomenal! We heard noting but compliments about the food and several people actually wanted to know if there was a way to get recipes. Plus they had two servers who filled plates at our direction for me and my husband so we didn't risk spilling anything on us. We planned all the details with minimal fuss and even when we had to change some thing last minute, the staff made sure everything went smoothly. They have worked in the business so long that all the different vendors we had for the cake, Dj, etc all had worked with them before and could communicate directly with our Makoy rep . It took a load off my mind knowing I wasn't going to have to direct anyone on the day of the wedding. And speaking of directing things, at the reception itself we had a lady that was our personal organizer. She buzzed around discreetly making sure all my plans were in action and keeping us informed of any small details that had crept up, like the fact that we had almost run out of cake but had enough for everyone without having to cut the top layer. All in all we pulled off a better party than I could have hoped for. Being the first siblings of both families to get married, we were told by multiple relatives that we had set the bar for future family weddings. I have never had such a good time at a wedding and when we got our pictures back, everyone in them was smiling and having a great time. Perfect 5/5 for the Makoy Center and thank you everyone there for making our wedding absolutely magical.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Cassie G

4 stars

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Lindsey W

The Makoy Center was the perfect place to hold our reception. They made the process extremely painless, decorated the hall beautifully, and I couldn't have asked for better service on the day of. The staff was very friendly with a great attitude. The day went amazingly smooth... Read More with the help of their staff :)

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Kelsea R

This venue is truly a hidden gem. They made our special day worry free and their staff is top notch. I cannot thank them enough for making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Jenny S

My husband and I could not be more happy with how our wedding reception turned out at The Makoy Center! The staff was exceptional and our guests complimented the food. Thank you so much for helping us bring our dream wedding to life.

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Jillian M

The reception hall was so beautiful when I walked in! Everything was set-up perfectly and I couldn't have asked for anything better. The food was delicious and I got so many compliments on that, as well as the service. The workers were constantly helping out and asking if they... Read More could do anything for us. Clay was one guy that stood out the most! He was on top of things and even brought our food to our table. He would ask us if we were ready to do something, such as the cake cutting and always had a smile on his face. I also enjoyed the service at the bar. I cannot remember the man's name, but he also took very good care of us and our guests. He also came up to us asking if we needed anything. I was greatly satisfied with all the help and how very thing turned out. I honestly do not have any bad hints to say about the night or anything :)

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

The Makoy center was fabulous. Food was delicious. Decoration perfect. The staff excellent and very attentive.

2016-07-14T12:18:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

Everyone at the Makoy Center was helpful, knowledgeable and professional. I had no worries at all. Everyone was awesome! Although I didn't get to eat one bite of food my guests raved about the deli option. I would recommend the Makoy Center 100%. Thank you!

2016-07-14T12:18:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for working with Makoy!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

We had such a wonderful experience for our wedding reception with the Makoy Center. Mikaela and Katie helped organize everything, and they were so helpful and answered all of my questions promptly via email or phone. The night of the reception, Alyssa was our coordinator and... Read More Matt was our bartender, and they too were both excellent and friendly. We ended up in the burgundy room, and everything was beautiful! We had tons of space, beautiful table and chair decorations, and a great dance floor. I also have to compliment the chef, the food was delicious! I would highly recommend hosting an event here again, I have nothing but positive things to say and the people here are lovely. Thank you to everyone, particularly Mikaela, Katie, Alyssa and Matt.

2016-07-09T14:27:02 Response from the vendor

Apryl, Thank you so much for choosing to work with the Makoy Center! We are glad we were able to be a part of your special day, and were able to make things go well for you :) Your colors in the Burgundy room looked... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/04/2016 Samantha H

So I completely forgot to write a review after my 10/03/2015... 5 months later, we are STILL talking about how AMAZING the service was at the Makoy Center. We had our "Star Wars" themed reception in the Burgundy Room and it was ABSOLUTELY amazing. Alyssa (who calmed me down... Read More during set up drama haha) and her team were fantastic and really had a blast with us. The main thing everyone wouldn't stop talking about was the fact that the bartender (did not get his name). He was perfect. My parents enjoyed the event so much they were talking about having my dad's retirement party there. Makoy Center is a wonderful place to have your wedding and you will be treated so well and they will have EVERYTHING under control. Thank you again. -Samantha

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Christina A

I had my ceremony and reception at the Makoy Center on December 5, 2015. They have three rooms. I chose the biggest one called the Emerald room because I had 150 guests. It's gorgeous inside and definitely better than the pictures online. There is also a nice space outside if... Read More you wanted to take pictures there. Their catering service is very good, and the food is great. They have a great dance floor. They have a wide selection of tablecloths linens and wraps to go over chairs. Compared to other places the Makoy Center definitely lets you have the power to customize your wedding. Our wedding coordinator was awesome. She really listened to us and made sure that everything went smoothly. The Makoy Center works well with other vendors. The Makoy Center is definitely affordable. The other place we looked at before The Makoy Center was Creekside in Gahanna. Creekside is way more expensive and they give you little say about customizing your wedding. Luckily we found the Makoy Center and had the wedding of our dreams!

Fantastic venue!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Mary

I had my wedding at the Makoy Center on 11/07/15 in the Burgundy Room. Throughout the entire process Kaitlin (our sales representative) was extremely responsive and prompt in answering our questions and getting back to my emails (and there were several!). The tastings they hold... Read More at the Makoy Center are also really great because you get to experience what the wedding will look and feel like. We wanted to have our ceremony and reception at 1 venue as we had a lot of out of state guests so we thought it would be easier on them. The Makoy Center was perfect for this. We had about 130 people in the Burgundy room and there was plenty of space for the ceremony and the reception. Robert was our event captain at the wedding and he was fantastic and on top of everything. He and the other staff really made our wedding run so smoothly and I didn't have to worry about anything during the wedding itself! Besides the great service the cost to have the wedding at the Makoy is extremely reasonable. There are so many options so you can really make it as expensive or inexpensive as you want but we were able to customize our food and other costs to be at a price we were comfortable with!I couldn't have asked for a better venue and all of my guests were very complimentary about the Makoy as well!

September Wedding

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Courtney S

We used the Makoy Center because 1. they had everything we needed at a good price and 2. they have no minimums on weddings on Sundays. Everything looked beautiful and almost everything was smooth. One bad thing about Sunday weddings is you cannot set up until that morning (they... Read More will not hold on to decorations etc before hand) so it caused us to rush a bit. The staff was fantastic and our event coordinator was great. They did not rush us to get out and it was definitely worth what we paid. I would recommend attending one or two of their tasting events if you have the time. They were very helpful! I would recommend the Makoy Center to any bride and groom looking for a reception venue (our ceremony was off the premise so I cannot tell you what I think of their ceremonies).

2015-11-06T11:40:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for having your September wedding here at Makoy! we wish you all the best on your marriage!

Beautiful and helpful venue!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Rachel B

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Makoy Center and everything went absolutely PERFECT. I ask a lot of detailed questions and they answered every single question I had with no problem. They set up and tore down all of our decorations which takes a lot of stress off... Read More my shoulders. All of the food is very yummy as well. I recommend the Makoy Center for any event!

2015-10-24T08:37:34 Response from the vendor

We are so glad to have been a part of your wedding day!