Book Your Wedding with The Makoy Center

A BALLROOM IN HILLIARD, OH

The Makoy Center in Hillard, Ohio, allows couples and their guests to 'Put on the Ritz' without even leaving the Midwest. This unique event spot just outside of Columbus, Ohio, features a 1920s art deco design theme that adds a dash of the Roaring 20s, swing music and a party atmosphere to any wedding.

Guests may use a state-of-the-art audio/visual system when they book their wedding, allowing for video presentations and speeches. The entire facility holds up to 1,800 guests in three different reception venues and one outdoor ceremony venue. It measures a total of 30,000 square feet and each venue has a large dance floor.

This space features a large staging area where the couple and wedding party can sit during the reception. The ceiling is high and features a geometric design that allows for spectacular lighting arrangements during parties. Seating for this room is set up on round tables to accommodate up to 420 guests with the dance floor installed.

This room has a smaller staging area that guests can use to hold the wedding ceremony and then have the reception in the same room, with up to 280 guests. There is a large dance floor with disco balls and string lighting. The walls and other decor are white, allowing guests to decorate as they please.

This is a smaller space for more intimate receptions and ceremonies for up to 100 guests. The walls feature art deco art pieces in chrome, giving the room a stylish flare.

This space is the outdoor ceremony space that features a pond and lush flowers. The Makoy Center provides a white awning in art deco style as the backdrop for the ceremony. White chairs are set up to accommodate all guests and there is even space for a string band to perform.

The Makoy Center provides full-service bar and catering solutions for weddings of all sizes. For daytime weddings, Makoy Center offers a brunch menu with options such as short rib hash, crab cakes, steak and eggs and huevos rancheros. For evening weddings, couples can plan a cocktail hour with passed hors d'eouvres and an open bar while they get their pictures taken. For dinner service, couples can choose a seated dinner with plated food or buffet stations where guests serve themselves. The Makoy Center also features special stations, including chef-carved herb-crusted prime rib and shrimp sauté. Bar services are either cash or open.

The Makoy Center gives couples plenty of options for custom linen packages, including black and white chair covers, bands and sashes, coordinating napkins and floor-length skirts. These linens are available for all tables, including the buffet, cake, DJ and bridal party tables. Couples receive the services of wedding coordinators and planners when they book with Makoy Center, who help them execute the logistics for the day. Wedding coordinators also help procure vendors, including florists, photographers, ice sculptors, limo drivers and hotels.

Extra perks that guests at The Makoy Center receive during ceremonies and receptions include

• Free Wi-Fi inside the venue
  • Private parking for over 200 cars
  • Podiums with microphones

From the Smallest Details, to the Grandest Events

For over 30 years the Makoy Center has provided professional service to cover every detail. Located in Downtown Old Hilliard, the Makoy Center boasts 30,000 sq. feet with three separate event spaces. For seated dinners Makoy Center can accommodate anywhere from 30-500 guests and offers ample free parking. We are a family owned business that strives to make your event unforgettable!

Ballroom

5462 Center St., Hilliard, OH (614) 777-1211
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Laura K

Cheers to the Makoy Center staff for making our wedding amazing! I just cannot say enough great things about the Makoy Center staff and venue. Our experience from the time we booked the venue in January 2017 to the day of our wedding in June 2017 was fantastic. Matt and Clay... Read More are amazing and were extremely helpful with every step of the wedding planning. They did an excellent job of communicating with us and answering all of our questions in a timely manner. They definitely went that extra mile to make our day amazing. The location was perfect, the food was delicious, the decor amazing, and the staff was phenomenal. Alyssa, our captain, went above and beyond at the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. She walked us through each step of the ceremony and reception the night before. Alyssa was organized, friendly, and professional. She made sure that the wedding and reception went off without a hitch. The servers and bartender at the reception were friendly and helpful to us and all of our guests. At the end of the night, they plated up and covered leftover cake and cupcakes for the guests to take home. Just one of the many ways the staff went above and beyond. Our wedding was the best day and we have the Makoy Center Staff to thank.

It was a dream!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Courtney B

My venue options were somewhat limited due to the size of my guest list (over 300!), but I'm so glad I found The Makoy Center. Kaitlyn (and all the staff!) patiently answered all my emails and questions promptly. They made everything so easy for me and my parents. My parents... Read More especially appreciated the monthly payment option! Alyssa was our event captain for our wedding day and she was AMAZING! She took such great care of us and made everything run so smoothly. Thank you Makoy for helping me pull off my dream wedding! :)

2015-09-08T10:27:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing Makoy! We loved working with. Best wishes on your marriage :)

A+++++ PERFECT DREAM RECEPTION!!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Brandon W

We had our reception at the Makoy Center, and working with them was a dream!! They are a pleasure to work with, and the entire staff is so friendly. I e-mailed them several times a week to several times a day, and they always responded within a few hours. They make everything... Read More so easy by setting up and tearing down all of your decorations for you, and they were spot on with our decorations. They also make things easy by providing the catering and bar (included in the total cost I listed in this review - 120 guests). They have many different menu options to accommodate for different budgets; we chose a combination of their silver and pasta buffets, and the food was TO DIE FOR!! Their prices are much more reasonable than anywhere else we found in the Columbus area-- although I'm not sure why, considering how awesome they are! The venue is very classy and has romantic low lighting and a disco ball above the dance floor, which we loved. An added bonus-- you can also have them individually wrap your leftover cake slices and place them by the door for your guests to take home. We loved every aspect of our experience with the Makoy Center and definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a reception venue in the Columbus area.

2015-06-12T08:40:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day - we had a blast working with you!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 KAITLYN K

The Makoy Center was fantastic with doing the set up, tear down, and overall running of our reception. As a bride I never felt that I couldn't ask a quesrion and I felt catered to the entire night. They were great about going with the flow. The Makoy Center even contacted me... Read More quickly when items were left behind after our reception.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Derrick J

I and my Bride could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding. Clay, Matt, and Ben were extraordinarily helpful and accommodating . We have received VERY positive feedback from our wedding guest. We would definitely recommend the Makoy center to anyone for any... Read More event. We will be using their services again in the future.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Jessica/Brian P

From day one the Makoy Center has been amazing to work with we are so glad we picked them for our wedding venue. We cannot thank Clay and Matt enough they went above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted. The day of the wedding is very stressful and a... Read More million things are going on but they stayed calm and collected the whole time. Also thank you to our day of captain Keely, she was fairly new with being a captain but she did a great job even when I (bride) was having my crazy moments, I cannot thank her enough for all she did that day. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony space and reception room looked and how great the food was. I highly recommend the Makoy Center you cannot go wrong with them!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Jennifer M

The staff was great and very accommodating. They helped with decorating and then made sure everything was perfect on the big day!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Annie W

As a mother of the bride, I was very happy with the overall service, food and the Emerald Room itself. Having helped my oldest two daughters with their weddings in the past, I would rate the Makoy Center as my favorite place to hold a wedding. Thanks to the entire staff,... Read More especially Matt Eder.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Rachel G

The Makoy Center was absolutely fantastic! They were so easy to work with, and the staff really went out of their way to make our wedding day special. A special thanks to Matt for his hard work in making sure the day ran smoothly, and for being so helpful in the planning... Read More process. All of my guests absolutely raved about how wonderful the staff was, and how smooth and put-together the event went. Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Erin M

I strongly recommend The Makoy Center to any bride, groom, or individual planning a special occasion with their loved ones. The Makoy Center was a gorgeous venue for our wedding reception, and the friendly staff was a JOY to work with, answering every question day and night!... Read More They helped us plan a beautiful reception within our budget, and allowed us to privately sample some delicious food before choosing the entrees to serve our guests. The food was absolutely amazing and affordable! We could not have been happier with our reception nor our decision to work with The Makoy Center. Matt, Clay, and Alyssa helped make our wedding day relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable. I encourage anyone looking to have a celebration in the Columbus area to work with them. After researching other reception venues, I think The Makoy Center is a top choice in the area for overall experienced staff, affordability, food and drink options, and atmosphere.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Amanda M

I can't thank Matt, Clay and Ben enough for helping make sure our day was just the way We wanted it. The emerald room as decorated just the way we asked. The staff made sure we had everything we needed the day of our wedding. As the bride I had zero worries they made me feel... Read More so comfortable that they had everything under control. I would definitely recommend the Makoy Center!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Laura K

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Priya H

Makoy did an incredible job with our wedding and reception. The staff was very helpful and easy to work with. They made the entire process easy (which is super helpful when you're planning a wedding!). Makoy definitely made our day a memorable one. Thank you guys!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Alexis R

I truly cannot say enough great things about the Makoy Center. We worked with Matt and he is exceptional.. Him and Clay made my dream wedding come true. I had a strict budget and I was able to have everything I dreamed of an more. The bar options are the most flexible I had seen... Read More and we got compliments on our beer and wine selections. They answered every question quickly. Not having to set up or take down was such a huge load taken off our shoulders. My event captain was Ben and he made me feel so special and that all things were taken care of. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the Makoy Center to any bride on any budget.

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Amanda C

From start to finish the Makoy Center was amazing. Matt helped with the planning and listened to our every need. He was very helpful with suggestions from drinks to party favors. We received awesome feedback from our guests about the food and drinks. Alissa helped keep us in... Read More line with the ceremony and the dinner service. She was very thorough and knowledgeable with our event. I would highly recommend the Makoy Center for any future events. They took all the stress off of us and the day could not have been any more perfect.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Nicole M

When I started looking for venues for my wedding, I always had the Makoy Center in the back of my mind. My husband and I decided on the Makoy Center and I am so glad we did! I had so many questions and they answered all of them. I had some guests that had dietary restrictions... Read More and they accommodated them wonderfully. I had some vegans and a gluten allergy and the Makoy Center chef made their special. It made my day even more special knowing that my guests were taken care of. My coordinator, Alyssa, did amazing! I told her exactly what I wanted and she went above and beyond my expectations. She made my day so special and I had no worries. Matt is a wonderful asset to this venue. He was the one that answered most of questions. He is so professional and knowledgeable. Clay was also able to help me. He and I walked through some last minute things the week before my wedding. All three of these guys helped me with one of the biggest days of my life and I cannot thank them enough! Thanks guys! You did awesome!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Noelle G

I could not have been happier with The Makoy Center for my wedding. They were the first venue we found that had some flexibility with their menu (we did a mix of heavy apps to save on costs), and the space was just beautiful. We picked the Burgundy room, since we had around 100... Read More guests and didn't want to feel too cavernous. Plus my accent color was Burgundy, so it just felt like it was meant to be. The staff is SOOOOO nice! I worked with Matt on my final details, and he was the best - very calming, fun attitude through the whole process.And the service staff the night of the wedding were extremely attentive and friendly. They went above and beyond to make sure our ceremony went off without a hitch, that we moved along our timeline for the reception, and even helped us pack up at the end of the night! The food was AMAZING - we had wings, spinach & artichoke dip, meatballs, cheese & crackers & veggies and everything was so tasty! If you're looking for a cost-effective space for your wedding, you've got to check these guys out. The value you get is just amazing!!!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Amber S

We just had our wedding on the 18th of February. The planning process was so easy, even with the director of sales leaving after we booked it was a seamless process. Clay took over and it was amazing. Our day of coordinator was so sweet and made sure everything was on time. The... Read More bartender helped in more ways than just getting drinks including helping out when our flower girl locked herself inside a room on accident. I can't say enough about how wonderful the entire staff was. The room was set up how we asked and anything we needed was given right away. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! People are messaging us telling us how amazing the food was and how great the staff was! Can't wait until we attend the next wedding at the Makoy Center!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Melisa H

I dont even know where to start on how AMAZING The Makoy Center was. They were so nice and patient and helped every step of the way. They helped me with so much! The food was amazing, several guests commented on how good it was. Clay and Alyssa were awesome!! I am so happy we... Read More went with the Makoy Center! Would highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Irina P

Me and my husband were extremely impressed with the Makoy Center. The staff was friendly, prompt to reply, and very easy to work with. We worked with Katie and Ben, and both were amazing and made the process easier, smoother, and helped ease any stress. All the guests raved that... Read More the food was delicious, and the Emerald room was gorgeous. We definitely recommend the Makoy for your wedding or special event.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Sarah J

My now husband and I had a fantastic experience with the Makoy Center! They were very flexible and helped with whatever adjustments we needed. We were impressed with their food selection (which is DELICIOUS), the amazing space and decor (Emerald Room), and the service provided... Read More by the staff. Alyssa helped us with the set up the day before, and was checking in with us frequently throughout the reception to see if we needed anything. It went so smoothly because of her help, and we are so grateful! Yes, they are a bit expensive, but WORTH. EVERY. PENNY! Thank you Makoy Center for such a fantastic experience!

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Claire P

They were amazing! So flexible, and helpful on the day of the wedding! They were prepared for everything, and took wonderful care of us. I would recommend this venue without any reservations.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lindsey C

The staff was amazing! They did everything we asked and more. Our lead event member was excellent in making sure everything went as planned and set up our decor better than I imagined!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Victoria B

The venue was fantastic. I got married there on September 30th, 2016. Originally, we were going to hold the ceremony outside, but the rain would not let up. However, even thought we moved it inside, it was gorgeous. Everything from the staff to the food to the place itself, it... Read More was perfect for our Harry Potter themed wedding. 10/10

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Mary B

Perfect place, Great Staff! We booked the Makoy Center for our wedding reception after visiting and taking a tour of all the rooms. We settled on the Burgundy room because of our expected attendance and it turned out to be the perfect fit. Our rep Mikaela was so helpful in... Read More guiding us through a lot of the decision making process. They have a full checklist to make sure no detail gets missed and a staff to make sure everything goes smoothly. Since they cater the events they have tastings that you can attend so you can pick what menu choices you want for the wedding. I'm very glad we went to one because the food we ended up picking was phenomenal! We heard noting but compliments about the food and several people actually wanted to know if there was a way to get recipes. Plus they had two servers who filled plates at our direction for me and my husband so we didn't risk spilling anything on us. We planned all the details with minimal fuss and even when we had to change some thing last minute, the staff made sure everything went smoothly. They have worked in the business so long that all the different vendors we had for the cake, Dj, etc all had worked with them before and could communicate directly with our Makoy rep . It took a load off my mind knowing I wasn't going to have to direct anyone on the day of the wedding. And speaking of directing things, at the reception itself we had a lady that was our personal organizer. She buzzed around discreetly making sure all my plans were in action and keeping us informed of any small details that had crept up, like the fact that we had almost run out of cake but had enough for everyone without having to cut the top layer. All in all we pulled off a better party than I could have hoped for. Being the first siblings of both families to get married, we were told by multiple relatives that we had set the bar for future family weddings. I have never had such a good time at a wedding and when we got our pictures back, everyone in them was smiling and having a great time. Perfect 5/5 for the Makoy Center and thank you everyone there for making our wedding absolutely magical.

Meet The Manager

Clay Daniel

Congratulations on your engagement! A Hilliard native, who grew up just down the street, Clay has been a vital part of Makoy Center for the past 8 years. Clay started out as a part-time server and set-up crew. Over the years he has moved his way up the ranks and now takes care of all aspects of Makoy Center with the help of his amazing staff. Couples are lucky to have Clay help plan the biggest day of their lives, with his attention to detail and overall love for Makoy Center, you know you are in good hands. Contact us today to tour the Makoy Center and receive a personalized quote!