The Makoy Center

Hilliard, OH

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Weddings & Events

Located in scenic Old Hilliard, the Makoy Center offers affordable elegance for your special day. For dinner events from 30 to 500, with three event spaces including large central dance floors and ample free parking, we provide professional services to cover every detail.

Guest Capacity

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

5462 Center St., Hilliard, OH

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Kimberly V

They set the reception up and decorated better than I would have myself. The staff is friendly and efficient, even after working til 3am the previous day. They keep the flow of the evening going with no stress to the bride or groom. I strongly recommend them!

2015-09-25T08:56:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We loved working with you!

It was a dream!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Courtney B

My venue options were somewhat limited due to the size of my guest list (over 300!), but I'm so glad I found The Makoy Center. Kaitlyn (and all the staff!) patiently answered all my emails and questions promptly. They made everything so easy for me and my parents. My parents... Read More especially appreciated the monthly payment option! Alyssa was our event captain for our wedding day and she was AMAZING! She took such great care of us and made everything run so smoothly. Thank you Makoy for helping me pull off my dream wedding! :)

2015-09-08T10:27:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for choosing Makoy! We loved working with. Best wishes on your marriage :)

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Brandon W

We had our reception at the Makoy Center, and working with them was a dream!! They are a pleasure to work with, and the entire staff is so friendly. I e-mailed them several times a week to several times a day, and they always responded within a few hours. They make everything... Read More so easy by setting up and tearing down all of your decorations for you, and they were spot on with our decorations. They also make things easy by providing the catering and bar (included in the total cost I listed in this review - 120 guests). They have many different menu options to accommodate for different budgets; we chose a combination of their silver and pasta buffets, and the food was TO DIE FOR!! Their prices are much more reasonable than anywhere else we found in the Columbus area-- although I'm not sure why, considering how awesome they are! The venue is very classy and has romantic low lighting and a disco ball above the dance floor, which we loved. An added bonus-- you can also have them individually wrap your leftover cake slices and place them by the door for your guests to take home. We loved every aspect of our experience with the Makoy Center and definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a reception venue in the Columbus area.

2015-06-12T08:40:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day - we had a blast working with you!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Andrew L

We knew from day one we'd have our reception at the Makoy Center. We had heard nothing but great things about the venue and staff from friends of ours. Clay and the planning staff at Makoy treats you like family from the first visit and does such a great job of truly making the... Read More day about YOU. The entire planning process was flawless and had zero issues getting the colors and setups we wanted. We had Matt as our bartender and he is without a doubt the best bartender you could have. Every one of his drinks was made perfect and he can make pretty much anything you throw his way. If you decide to book Makoy do yourself a favor and request Matt. You'll be very happy you did. The serving staff was also professional on a level you don't see very often anymore. They made sure everything was perfect so you don't have to. They make your job as the couple very simple: show up and have the time of your life! We couldn't have imagined having our reception anywhere else and truly recommend the Makoy Center to any couples looking to celebrate in Hilliard!

Overall Great!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Jasmine T

I was recently married at the Makoy Center and we had our ceremony and reception in the Emerald Room. It is a beautiful venue with a very friendly staff. I don't typically write reviews but The Makoy Center deserves a great review. Were things perfect? No! Did it ruin our... Read More wedding day? Of course not! The staff at the Makoy Center was wonderful and responsive at all times. Our day of coordinator, Alyssa, ran to Walgreens to buy sharpie markers for our guess sign since ours disappeared the day of. She was absolutely wonderful and on top of things from the rehearsal to the day of! I am sure she did a lot more and I am so thankful for her! Especially dealing with our rowdy bunch. Mikaela was such a delight from beginning to end. I wish we could have thanked her on our wedding day! The only thing that is keeping this from being a 5 star rating is that I spoke to and worked with so many different staff members that it was very confusing come wedding time and there was a lack of communication on certain things, but it ultimately worked out and I am extremely pleased with how smoothly our wedding and reception was. The transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception was seamless. You guys were wonderful and I would recommend every bride to use the Makoy Center as their venue! - Mr. and Mrs. Summers

Reviewed on 9/23/2015

The staff at the Makoy Center were perfect. Leading up to my wedding date, they helped me plan everything from the biggest to the smallest details. The day of our wedding all of the event staff made sure that everything went off without a hitch. We choose the BBQ to go with... Read More our casual feel and it was excellent, all of our guest raved about how great everything was. Thank you to all of the ladies in the office, our event staff as well as the chef, everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Jason L

First, let me start by giving a HUGE THANK YOU to our event capatin, Robert. From the moment we met him we knew we were in good hands. We threw 1,000 things at him the moment we walked in the door to drop off our decorations and he took them all in stride. From the initial... Read More contact with the sales staff, we knew Makoy was the place for us. We had a wedding party of around 170 and they recommended the Burgundy room for a party of that size. We are very glad they did. With 170, it was the perfect size, it felt just crowded enough to make it feel like a big event but not so crowded that you felt like you couldn't move around freely. We only had to show Robert 1 table setting and verbally discuss they way we wanted certain areas to look and he and his staff rocked it out. As we were introduced by our DJ, we walked in and were instantly struck with emotion on how beautiful everything was. We were nervous that the burgundy walls of the room would contrast with our colors of Tiffany Blue and Coral but how wrong we were. Between the blue uplighting we had and the way Robert and his team decorated the room, you didn't even notice the burgundy. From the start of planning and picking the Makoy Center, we were a bit nervous about having a 2 weddings in the same venue. I can honestly say we never knew the other wedding was even there. Guests told us it was very well organized and everything was labeled very clearly so there was no issue with determining who needed to be where. We never even noticed there was another wedding going on which was great. Now let's talk the food and service. The staff was attentive to our every need at the head table. They stayed on top of our drink orders and were so accommodating. The food was AMAZING! Even better than what we experienced at the tasting. We went with the roasted chicken breasts, chef carved london broil, baked potato and mixed vegetables. All of it was to die for! The staff walked us through the line and made our plates for us as we told them what (and most importantly) how much of each item we wanted. Every guest of ours could not stop commenting on how great the food was and how beautiful the overall appearance of everything was. One quick story to speak to their "go with the flow" mentality. My wife spent months planning a special celebrity appearance of Brutus. The staff was amazing with working with her on getting this surprise for me set up and executed beautifully. Words can not describe my surprise and it all went off without a hitch because of Robert's fantastic approach to customer service. Every couple we spoke to before our wedding told us to be prepared for that 1 semi-major to major thing that would go wrong. I can honestly say, we didn't have 1. If you are having any reservations about using either room of the Makoy Center, forget it! Your experience will be amazing and they will cater to your every need! Thank you again, Robert and Makoy Center, because of you, we had a perfect evening that we will never forget!

2015-09-03T10:56:00 Response from the vendor

We loved working with you, and having Brutus come was super fun for us too! We wish you both all the best! Thank you!

LOVE Makoy!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Rob G

My groom and I absolutely LOVED everything about the Makoy Center. From start to finish with them with our wedding they were very accommodating and helpful to make our wedding day exactly what we imagined. We loved attending the free tastings throughout the year leading up to... Read More our wedding, the food was delicious. The staff, especially Katyln, who assisted with most of our planning were wonderful and easy to get ahold of when we had questions. On the day of our wedding, Alyssa was amazing at managing our reception. Everything went off without a hitch because of her! All of our guests complimented Makoy throughout the night about the food and service. I would recommended this place to anyone and everyone for not only the money saving, but the quality of service and elegance! We love Makoy!

2015-06-17T09:13:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for working with Makoy! We wish you all the best on your marriage and are thrilled to have been a part of your celebration!

Great venue!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Megan B

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Makoy Center and it was wonderful! The entire night went extremely smoothly, and it allowed my mom to completely relax and enjoy the night instead of having to constantly check on everything. We received a lot of compliments on the... Read More food (we had the BBQ buffet, which was excellent!) and how great everything flowed. They were able to keep track of everything we brought (guest book, candy bar dishes and candy, souvenir mason jars, kids goody bags and juice boxes, the mad-libs games for each place setting, centerpieces and candles, and both cake and pie). The only thing that went wrong was they forgot to put the head table centerpieces out, but since that's the only thing that went wrong, I am extremely thankful for everything they did and highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 4/13/2015 Brittney K

I CANNOT say enough good things about the entire crew at the Makoy! I knew from the start that we would have a great experience, but I was truly blown away! We had originally planned to have just our reception at the Makoy, with our Ceremony to take place at Homestead Park.... Read More When we went in to meet with Clay (who we have both known for years), he assured us that if weather did not cooperate, we could move the Ceremony. Well it wouldn't be the weather that would force us to move, but the park itself. The entire staff was wonderfully accommodating when we informed them that we could not have the Ceremony at Homestead. Throughout the WHOLE process, everyone was incredibly helpful and just all around wonderful to work with. My husband and most of his family (mom, aunts and cousins) have all worked at the Makoy off and on throughout the years, so we knew we would be well taken care of. When we walked in to the venue for the rehearsal I was absolutely blown away by how beautiful everything looked. They really took the time and effort to make my vision for an elegant wedding come to life. I honestly could not be happier with the way things went the day of. Clay did an amazing job as our event captain, making sure everything was smooth sailing, and the rest of the staff was so kind and efficient. I would 100% recommend having your wedding at the Makoy! Absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Great service

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Erin S

These people were so great! From start to finish we really felt like they cared about making our wedding special and stress-free. They took care of decorating the night before, cleaning up afterwards, and serving food during the reception, which I know a lot of places do, but... Read More the prices here were much more reasonable compared to the same service you'd get elsewhere. Alicia (Alysha?) was absolutely fantastic. We were in the Burgundy Room, which was beautiful, and perfect for a fall or winter wedding. It was so cozy, but still plenty of room to party! I would definitely choose these guys all over again. They were fantastic.

Makoy was FABULOUS

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Mindy W

I absolutely LOVED everyone at the Makoy! They were so wonderful to work with. Clay made my entire day run so smoothly, I didn't have to worry about a thing! I would recommend to anyone planning an event to use the Makoy Center!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Kasie H

We had our ceremony and reception at The Makoy Center in The Burgundy Room. The food was incredible! Everyone loved it! Our rehearsal ran smoothly and I was so happy they allowed us to set up the decorations. Mostly because I had a lot of mix and match pieces and wanted to... Read More arrange them personally before the big day. Leading up to the event, the staff was always courteous and helpful. They did make the mistake of putting on the wrong color linens but they fixed them immediately during our rehearsal. The day of was very well organized by our event coordinator, and the bar and wait staff was great too!

The Makoy Center: Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Carissa E

I used The Makoy Center in Hilliard, Ohio both for my wedding ceremony and reception. I can't thank the staff there enough for all their hard work. The entire process was easy, which is great for a busy bride. I would definitely recommend The Makoy Center.

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Michelle N

I loved my wedding here! Everyone was fantastic through all the planning and especially during the big day! They took care of so many details which made it easy for my family and I to just enjoy the day!

The Makoy Center

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Leea G

We had the Emerald room. We absolutely loved it!! Food was awesome. We recommend the barbecue Buffett. Service was great. They were very nice. I wouldn't have chose anywhere else!

Sweet 16

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Becky S

We used the Makoy center for my daughters sweet 16 birthday party Willy Wonka style :). The Makoy center was awesome! Kaitlyn and Alyssa were so helpful and accommodating. We used the mezzanine and were comfortable with at least 100 guests (seating for 40). We kept the price... Read More low by offering hors d'oeuvres and had a daytime event. Pricing was very reasonable and the value for what we paid was exceptional. We would definitely recommend the Makoy Center!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Cassidy H

We used Makoy Center for the reception of our 4th daughter, so we have had opportunity to experience first hand other options. This was my most enjoyable of our girls' receptions. Maybe it's experience, but I think it was due to my ability to relax, trusting in the details being... Read More cared for by the venue. I must say, working with Kaitlyn made our reception planning quite enjoyable. She was very knowledgeable when questioned, suggestive when needed, gracious and patient with our details. The room is beautiful, so any additions simply enhance. We did not take advantage of tastings, but our food choices couldn't have been any better. Guests raved about the food. They were even able to accommodate a completely Gluten Free buffet! Service was efficient. Clean up at the end of the evening was amazing! The staff just made it happen! There is nothing I would change about that special day. Mother of the Bride

2014-07-02T14:19:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for working with Makoy! It was a pleasure having you here!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Phil & Kim S

From the first visit with Clay, to our wedding day, everything was perfect. Professional, nice & patient. We couldn't have asked for a better venue & we are pleased with our choice of the MaKoy Center in Hillard, Ohio.

My Wedding at The Makoy Center

Reviewed on 6/07/2014 Bridget

I am very pleased with the services provided by The Makoy Center. Before my wedding, I was invited the 3 free tastings. At these tastings we were treated to complementary dinner and drinks as well as the opportunity to experience and talk with other vendors for cake, DJ, and... Read More photo booth. Kaitlyn was very thorough in getting all the details down on paper. The staff was extremely helpful during rehearsal and the event. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. I got many complements at how beautiful the wedding was and how good the food was. Great Job, Makoy Center!!!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Jessica

We loved the service we received from all of the staff at the Makoy Center. The food, even the lowest level buffet meal was great and we received so many compliments on the quality of the food. Also a great bar selection.

Makoy Center

Reviewed on 5/10/2014 Valerie P

We went to visit the Makoy Center in January 2014. Our plan was to get married in April 2014, but we knew the likelihood of getting a venue in that short time frame was slim to none. Boy were we wrong. Not only were they able to accommodate us for the date we needed, they did a... Read More superb job!! Very detailed, friendly, and always willing to help anyway they could. The food was excellent when we went for the taste testing but even better the day of the wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with...Kaitlin, Katie, Clay, Mikaela!! Thank you all.

Jones Wedding 4-25-2014

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Tawny T

The Makoy Center was awesome so gl ad we found this place. They worked well with our budget. The service and food was good. They made the whole process very easy. I would definitely recommend them to anybody. Special thanks to Kaitlyn Katco!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 4/07/2014 Deb K

The Makoy Center made sure everything was absolutely perfect for our daughter's wedding day! Our event coordinator was there the entire time and orchestrated every detail and made our daughter's wedding a dream come true! The Burgundy Room was beautiful and the bar staff was... Read More very friendly. All our guests commented on how delicious the food was! Just a perfect day! Thank you so much to all the staff at The Makoy Center!!!!!

Our Wedding Was Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 1/02/2014 Amy M

Everything about the Makoy center was amazing. Katie, Kaitlyn, and Clay were a pleasure to work with and made our day everything that we could have imagined. Clay was our event leader and starting at the rehearsal dinner through the reception he took to our every need and want... Read More and went above and beyond the expectations of my husband and I and our families. The food was some of the best wedding food I have ever eaten. I was overall very impressed with the Makoy Center and would recommend them to anyone looking to get married and/or have their reception there.

TO The Makoy Center