(53)

Hilliard, OH

Capacity: More than 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Makoy Center

Located in scenic Old Hilliard, the Makoy Center offers affordable elegance for your special day. For dinner events from 30 to 500, with three event spaces including large central dance floors and ample free parking, we provide professional services to cover every detail.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall

5462 Center St., Hilliard, OH

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Cassidy H

We used Makoy Center for the reception of our 4th daughter, so we have had opportunity to experience first hand other options. This was my most enjoyable of our girls' receptions. Maybe it's experience, but I think it was due to my ability to relax, trusting in the details being cared for by the venue. I must say, working with Kaitlyn made our reception planning quite enjoyable. She was very knowledgeable when questioned, suggestive when needed, gracious and patient with our details. The room is beautiful, so any additions simply enhance. We did not take advantage of tastings, but our food choices couldn't have been any better. Guests raved about the food. They were even able to accommodate a completely Gluten Free buffet! Service was efficient. Clean up at the end of the evening was amazing! The staff just made it happen! There is nothing I would change about that special day. Mother of the Bride

7/02/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for working with Makoy! It was a pleasure having you here!

Makoy Center

Reviewed on 5/10/2014 Valerie P

We went to visit the Makoy Center in January 2014. Our plan was to get married in April 2014, but we knew the likelihood of getting a venue in that short time frame was slim to none. Boy were we wrong. Not only were they able to accommodate us for the date we needed, they did a superb job!! Very detailed, friendly, and always willing to help anyway they could. The food was excellent when we went for the taste testing but even better the day of the wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with...Kaitlin, Katie, Clay, Mikaela!! Thank you all.

Excellent venue for our ceremony/reception

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Rhonda M

Both Katie & Kaitlyn were very responsive to answering all the questions I had right up until our wedding day; even when I felt like I was asking the silliest things :) Our event captain, I believe her name was Lisa, did a great job on the day-of to make sure things were running on schedule and as I had envisioned. We were on a tight budget and Makoy was able to accommodate our day-time wedding on a Saturday to keep us within what I wanted to spend. Everyone loved the food (we did a fruit display for our guests while we were taking pictures & the pizza buffet for our meal) and despite what everyone says about brides & grooms not eating during their wedding, the Makoy Center staff made sure we had plates waiting for us at our table and we were the first in line for food. Our wedding day was a success and Makoy was definitely instrumental in making it a very special day for us!

WONDERFUL!

Reviewed on 4/13/2015 Brittney K

I CANNOT say enough good things about the entire crew at the Makoy! I knew from the start that we would have a great experience, but I was truly blown away! We had originally planned to have just our reception at the Makoy, with our Ceremony to take place at Homestead Park. When we went in to meet with Clay (who we have both known for years), he assured us that if weather did not cooperate, we could move the Ceremony. Well it wouldn't be the weather that would force us to move, but the park itself. The entire staff was wonderfully accommodating when we informed them that we could not have the Ceremony at Homestead. Throughout the WHOLE process, everyone was incredibly helpful and just all around wonderful to work with. My husband and most of his family (mom, aunts and cousins) have all worked at the Makoy off and on throughout the years, so we knew we would be well taken care of. When we walked in to the venue for the rehearsal I was absolutely blown away by how beautiful everything looked. They really took the time and effort to make my vision for an elegant wedding come to life. I honestly could not be happier with the way things went the day of. Clay did an amazing job as our event captain, making sure everything was smooth sailing, and the rest of the staff was so kind and efficient. I would 100% recommend having your wedding at the Makoy! Absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Makoy was FABULOUS

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Mindy W

I absolutely LOVED everyone at the Makoy! They were so wonderful to work with. Clay made my entire day run so smoothly, I didn't have to worry about a thing! I would recommend to anyone planning an event to use the Makoy Center!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Kasie H

We had our ceremony and reception at The Makoy Center in The Burgundy Room. The food was incredible! Everyone loved it! Our rehearsal ran smoothly and I was so happy they allowed us to set up the decorations. Mostly because I had a lot of mix and match pieces and wanted to arrange them personally before the big day. Leading up to the event, the staff was always courteous and helpful. They did make the mistake of putting on the wrong color linens but they fixed them immediately during our rehearsal. The day of was very well organized by our event coordinator, and the bar and wait staff was great too!

The Makoy Center: Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Carissa E

I used The Makoy Center in Hilliard, Ohio both for my wedding ceremony and reception. I can't thank the staff there enough for all their hard work. The entire process was easy, which is great for a busy bride. I would definitely recommend The Makoy Center.

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Leea G

We had the Emerald room. We absolutely loved it!! Food was awesome. We recommend the barbecue Buffett. Service was great. They were very nice. I wouldn't have chose anywhere else!

Sweet 16

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Becky S

We used the Makoy center for my daughters sweet 16 birthday party Willy Wonka style :). The Makoy center was awesome! Kaitlyn and Alyssa were so helpful and accommodating. We used the mezzanine and were comfortable with at least 100 guests (seating for 40). We kept the price low by offering hors d'oeuvres and had a daytime event. Pricing was very reasonable and the value for what we paid was exceptional. We would definitely recommend the Makoy Center!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Phil & Kim S

From the first visit with Clay, to our wedding day, everything was perfect. Professional, nice & patient. We couldn't have asked for a better venue & we are pleased with our choice of the MaKoy Center in Hillard, Ohio.

My Wedding at The Makoy Center

Reviewed on 6/07/2014 Bridget

I am very pleased with the services provided by The Makoy Center. Before my wedding, I was invited the 3 free tastings. At these tastings we were treated to complementary dinner and drinks as well as the opportunity to experience and talk with other vendors for cake, DJ, and photo booth. Kaitlyn was very thorough in getting all the details down on paper. The staff was extremely helpful during rehearsal and the event. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. I got many complements at how beautiful the wedding was and how good the food was. Great Job, Makoy Center!!!!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Jessica

We loved the service we received from all of the staff at the Makoy Center. The food, even the lowest level buffet meal was great and we received so many compliments on the quality of the food. Also a great bar selection.

Jones Wedding 4-25-2014

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Tawny T

The Makoy Center was awesome so gl ad we found this place. They worked well with our budget. The service and food was good. They made the whole process very easy. I would definitely recommend them to anybody. Special thanks to Kaitlyn Katco!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 4/07/2014 Deb K

The Makoy Center made sure everything was absolutely perfect for our daughter's wedding day! Our event coordinator was there the entire time and orchestrated every detail and made our daughter's wedding a dream come true! The Burgundy Room was beautiful and the bar staff was very friendly. All our guests commented on how delicious the food was! Just a perfect day! Thank you so much to all the staff at The Makoy Center!!!!!

Very Happy Mother of the Groom

Reviewed on 11/18/2013

I highly recommend this facility because of the professionalism and friendliness of the personnel. Everyone was extremely helpful and efficient. My son's and daughter-in-law's wedding went VERY smoothly. We came down from Cleveland for the weekend, so I was a little stressed out that we would forget something, but Lisa put me right at ease. We were in good hands. The staff took such good care of us from beginning to end. During the event, Lisa did so many things for us without being asked - mostly behind the scenes stuff, so we could just relax and enjoy ourselves. Our (approx. 160) guests all remarked on what a nice place it was. If I could give higher than a 5 for responsiveness and flexibility, I would. I am very grateful, especially to Lisa. She was wonderful! But also, I was impressed by EVERY worker there that afternoon, during set-up and throughout the evening. Even after the evening was over, during cleanup, people were nice to us. We never felt pushed or rushed. They all worked together so well, cooperating with each other. Everyone knew his or her job - like a well-oiled machine, always working quickly and quietly. What a great group of people. If you like to work with easy-going people who know what they are doing, then you should choose this place.

makoy center

Reviewed on 11/12/2013

The venue was awesome! Plenty of space for our guests not to feel cramped at all. I own ohio pro dj, and as a wedding professional, picking a venue was super important for us. The entire staff took care of our every need. And, let us in super early as we had a huge dj setup with lighting etc... The price was very reasonable, the food was awesome, and the bar staff was fun! Again, as a wedding professional myself, I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Excellent in all aspects

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Amber R

Everything was beyond expectations from the initial salesperson, to the event manager. The bartender, chef, and service- great too! We had a beautiful wedding and reception in the Emerald room Sept 7, 2013 and everything was perfect down to the last detail! I would reccomend the Makoy center for a excellent experience.

Wedding 8/17/13

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Tonya L

The Makoy Center was amazing to work with, they did such an amazing job the day of the wedding. The staff is extremely professional professional and the food was amazing as well, we had several comments regarding the food and the venue and how well everything is run.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Kristina K

The event coordinator and staff did an excellent job the day of my wedding. The room and tables were set up exactly as I wanted it. The staff did a great job tending to my husband and me as well as our guests. One of the great features of The Makoy Center is the set up and tear down of your event. That was one less thing I had to worry about the day of my wedding. As a bride, you don't need the stress of making your appointments as well as setting the venue. I was able to enjoy my spa day with my bridesmaids with no worries. They definitely made it a day to remember.

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Brittney F

The Makoy Center did a wonderful job. I had my wedding and my reception at the Makoy Center. Katie and Kaitlyn did a great job with answering all my questions and organizing everything up to the day of our wedding. Matt did a wonderful job at rehearsal and at the wedding/reception. He made sure everything ran smoothly and I was very impressed with his performance. Everything went very well the day of the wedding/reception. Our event coordinator the day of the wedding did a great job. She communicated with everyone and I was very impressed since she was not present at our rehearsal the night before. I only have two complaints. The night of the rehearsal was very unsuccessful. I believe that the event coordinator for the day of the event needs to present for the rehearsal. We had a fill in and it was very hectic and made me very nervous for how things would go on the day of the wedding. We had our wedding/reception early in the day so at 5pm there was another reception after ours. The next group came rushing in and setting things up while we are trying to finish ours up. I believe that there should be a little more time between because it was very awkward and there were people everywhere. Overall I would recommend the Makoy Center to future brides. Besides the few hiccups they did a great job.

mr. ford

Reviewed on 7/30/2013

It was wonderful perfect in every way.

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 7/22/2013

The Mckoy Center was WONDERFUL! They were easy to work with, friendly and professional. I highly recommend them for anything from business meetings to wedding receptions!

Awesome Experience

Reviewed on 5/08/2013 Susan B

We hosted our daughter's wedding reception in The Emerald Room. It couldn't have been better. The room is beautiful and roomy with a stage for the bridal party table, large dance floor, full size bar, and round guest tables. You just have to see it. Oh, and a large Ladies Room! Kaitlyn and the rest of the staff made sure that everything went as planned. There was nothing that I asked for that Kaitlyn didn't reply "Yes, we can do that". She responded quickly to e-mails and phone calls. The Makoy Center staff had everything set up perfectly when we arrived. The staff working the night of our event were very professional,friendly, easy to find if needed, and quickly responded to any requests. The price was comparable to a few other venues around the Columbus area but we got so much more at the Makoy Center. For instance, white table linens, real silverware, glass wine and water glasses, table skirting, chair covers at the bridal party table, and the use of hurricane globes/candles/mirrors as centerpieces. Other places charge extra for these items. If you are planning a reception you owe it to yourself to check out this place.

Beyond Amazing

Reviewed on 4/16/2013 Rachel P

I have to say they went beyond their services for my wedding. I couldn't afford much and they made everything within my budget. They catored to my husband and I every minute of the night. They set up and took down all my decor and did an amazing job setting up exactly how i wanted them to. Their food is beyond amazing. Would suggest other brides to look into The Makoy Center. We used the Emerald Room and I was in love with it!

My Favorite Day

Reviewed on 4/16/2013 Kelly B

We had such an easy experience planning our wedding with the staff at Makoy. We dealt mostly with Kaitlyn, who was so helpful getting us into our budget with a fantastic meal. In addition to the two tastings we attended, we were able to come in another day to try something we wanted on our menu. We took in our table centerpiece items the day before and the staff set everything up for us. The day of, the banquet staff kept us on schedule and was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend the Makoy center!

Send Email