The Manor House at Kings Charter

Mechanicsville, VA

Richmonds Best Wedding Address

Let the manicured lawns, expansive fields and formal gardens surround you. Exchange your vows in the gazebo of the Upper Garden surrounded by blooms or by the fireplace in the ballroom. Ceremonies & Receptions are welcome at The Manor House. We provide most all you need! You choose caterer & time

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

9400 Charter Crossing, Mechanicsville, VA (804) 550-0020

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Elizabeth W

The Manor House at Kings Charter was perfect for our May 2016 wedding. The gardens, grounds, and whole house are beautiful, and Andrea my day-of-coordinator was amazing! From the first time we met, she went out of her way to make sure our wedding day turned out exactly how we... Read More imagined it to. We could not be more pleased with how everything turned out!

Beautiful May Wedding :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Jessica R

I'd give this place a million stars if it was an option :)!! My husband and I had the most amazing experience with the Manor house at Kings Charter! We worked with Mary Jane and she was absolutely incredible from the day we booked the venue to the very end of our wedding. She... Read More gave us amazing recommendations that made our whole wedding experience perfect! She worked so hard to make everything flow the way it was supposed to! I would not have changed one thing about my wedding day! The outdoor gardens are so beautiful we had to have our ceremony outside! The best part was having the option of an indoor ceremony incase of rain... which we had TONS OF! We got to decide one hour before whether to have the ceremony outside or inside! We chose outside and the rain stopped! :) It was perfect!! I would recommend this venue to any and everyone! Our wedding experience was perfect and we wouldn't have been able to do it without the Manor House at Kings Charter or Mary Jane! :)

The Manor House at Kings Charter

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Madelyn T

The Manor House at Kings Charter is perfect for a small intimate wedding. We had about 100 guests that was able to fit outside in the gazebo or inside the main room of the manor house. My husband and I had Beth as our mistress of ceremonies. She was AMAZING! She decorated the... Read More venue with all of the flowers we brough so perfectly! She kept everyone in order. Our rehearsal went smoothly. We had a backup plan in case it rained, which it did. I was nervous about flipping over the main room of the manor house from the ceremony to the reception, but Beth and Sam Edward Catering did it quickly and perfectly. I have no complaints about this venue. Beth was so good that when my cupcakes came withour a cake topper she called my husband immediately to make sure that was correct, which it turned out was forgotten by the cupcake shop. The venue was gorgeous. I originally wanted my ceremony outside at the gazebo, but I loved it even more inside the manor house. I was intimate and beautiful in front of the fireplace with candles placed inside of it. I highly recommend Beth and the Manor House!

Reviewed on 3/17/2018 Emily O

Mary Jane & The Manor House, Thank you so very much for making our special day more amazing than we could have ever imagined!! From the very first day meeting Mary Jane at the tour she was always helpful and such a blessing to work with. We are still overwhelmed with joy and... Read More happiness at how everything turned out. The Manor House is a gorgeous, comfortable and very accommodating. We couldn't have picked a better venue to enjoy our special day with friends and family. Many thanks and love to Mary Jane for all her hard work leading up to the day and that whole day!! We would give you 100 stars if we could!! Love, The Riveras

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Rachel D

The Manor House is a beautiful venue, complete with historic brick outside structure, and a beautiful bright interior. Loved our time spent there! We had a winter wedding, and held our ~90 guests indoors perfectly through the ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Mary T

We loved our experience at the Manor House. Mary Jane was our coordinator and she was so helpful every step of the way, I honestly am not sure things would have been as smooth without her. It rained on our wedding day, but we had a beautiful ceremony in doors in the ballroom,... Read More and our guests are still telling me weeks later how beautiful they thought the wedding was. I would absolutely recommend this venue for any one who wants a beautiful wedding without having to break their bank.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 R&D A

We had our wedding at The Manor House in August 2017 and it was the perfect venue for both our ceremony and reception! The venue was beautiful and affordable and made for some incredible pictures. We had Andrea as our coordinator and she was fabulous. She was sweet and... Read More accommodating and stayed on top of things and made our event stress free. If you are looking for the best place to get married, this is it!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Nicole S

Had our wedding here in June and had the pleasures of working with Mary Jane as our coordinator. We had a guest list of 150 people and held an outdoor evening ceremony under a beautifully decorated, shaded, and comfortable area in the back followed by an indoor reception. Mary... Read More Jane was able to accommodate to every single odd request we had without breaking a sweat. The venue has many beautiful trees and flowers outside and on the inside it has a gorgeous layout that you will have to see for yourself! Because of this, we did not have to purchase hardly any decorations to fit our ideal day however it is also a perfect place to decorate however you would like to! They are also very helpful with suggestions (especially for people who do not like making a billion decisions-like myself). I highly suggest, at the very least, to go and have a look at this venue!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Lisa D

We had our wedding at The Manor House in September of 2017. The day was absolutely perfect and everything we had hoped for. The venue is very historic and beautiful. I think it's perfect for small weddings (~ 100 guests), although you could fit more depending on where you... Read More decide to have the reception (outdoor v. indoor). The grounds are beautiful with several options for outdoor ceremonies. Mary Jane was great as a coordinator and I didn't have to worry about anything except enjoying myself on the big day. I would highly recommend the Manor House to anyone looking for a venue that has it all for a reasonable price.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Sarah D

I got married here on 10/15. The venue was beautiful and affordable, with multiple rooms to use throughout the wedding. I took advantage of the coordinator service they offer with Mary Jane, and I'm so happy I did. I didn't have to worry about a single thing that day because she... Read More was on top of it! Wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Abigail N

The Manor House was the perfect venue for both our ceremony and reception! It was exactly the wedding my husband and I had in mind. The outdoor ceremony was lovely and made for some incredible pictures. The House itself was the perfect size for our ~150 guests to eat, mingle,... Read More and dance. I loved the bridal suite upstairs and it was really special being able to watch everyone I love being seated outside from the window as I got ready to walk down the isle :) Our coordinator, Andrea, did an amazing job making sure everything came together for the day! Despite being a first year medical resident (and terrible at responding to emails); Andrea managed to get everything together exactly the way I had envisioned; no detail was left unattended. I would recommend the Manor House to anyone who wants a day as perfect as ours!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Brittany A

We had our wedding at The Manor House in May 2017 and it was absolutely amazing. We fell in love the first time we visited the venue. It has the old fashioned feel but it has been kept up so nicely. The landscaping was definitely one of the biggest selling points to picking this... Read More venue. The Manor House was an incredibly reasonable price and very flexible with our requests. We had Andrea as our day of coordinator and we loved her. She was helpful from the very beginning and was constantly in touch with us months and weeks before the big day. She was so invested in making our day special, beautiful, and stress free. We were so thankful to have our wedding at such a great place. It would be an amazing option for any couple looking for a beautiful venue.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Shanea M

I’m so glad that we decided to exchange vows at the Manor House. The entire process was a breeze. We hired the day of coordinator provided by the venue and it made my day stress free. From coordinating with vendors to ensuring things went as planned, Mary Jane handled it! I... Read More would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful venue and stress free wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Rachel P

I had my wedding here on June 11 and booking the The Manor House was the best decision I could have made! Not only is this one of the most affordable and beautiful wedding venues in the area, but the staff really goes above and beyond to make everything perfect. I also found the... Read More majority of my vendors through their recommendations. I booked Mary Jane's day-of coordination services (also extremely affordable!) and she was amazing. She even offered to pick up our lunch for us while the ladies were getting ready! I didn't have to worry about a thing and everything was set up according to my exact specifications. My wedding day was a dream and I would recommend the Manor House to anyone planning a small wedding!!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Kagan M

We had so much trouble finding a venue in our budget that fit our outdoor garden party vision. Once we found The Manor House and met Andrea, we knew our search was over. The house and grounds are amazingly beautiful and very flexible in how you use them. Our guests were... Read More absolutely wowed. The cherry on top of the beautiful home was our day of coordinator Andrea. She made sure my slightly un conventual vision was realized (and made very helpful suggestions on how to improve it based on her experience) and that the day was positively flawless. Now that my wedding is over, I miss out texts back and forth. I plan to come back and visit The Manor House and Andrea every chance I get!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Erik R

If you're looking for the best place to get married this is it! Everything about our March 2017 wedding was perfect and a lot of that was because of Mary Jane and Sam Edward's catering. They made sure everything went exactly as planned and made it completely stress free. we... Read More could not have asked for a more perfect day. The house and the grounds are absolutely stunning and has so much history inside the house. We can't thank them enough for going above and beyond and making our day so special.

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Molly B

Loved having our reception there! Andrea & Mary Jane are wonderful!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Sarah S

Mary Jane and Andrea were AMAZING. They were always on top of things and got every detail right. I had nothing to worry about. Every single one of my guests raved about the venue and the decorations. Definitely a must have venue for anyone planning a wedding or event.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah G

After visiting the Manor House my fiance and I knew that we wanted to have our wedding and reception there. It is a gorgeous venue with a beautiful inside AND out. Not only did we love our ceremony and reception space but our guests did too - we are still getting compliments.... Read More Mary Jane was our coordinator on the day-of and did such a phenomenal job. She even drove to my house while we were busy having our makeup done because I had left my special wedding dress hanger at home! I joke that in 2017 we should have a one year celebration party at the Manor House because we enjoyed being there so much! Anyways, the venue is wonderful and I wouldn't have wanted our special day to be anywhere else!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Lisa B

In May of 2016, my daughter got married; the Wedding and Reception were held at the Manor House. The venue was perfect! She wanted an intimate outside wedding. We could have not been more pleased. Everything was beautiful, the grounds outside and inside the house as well.... Read More My daughter loved going to Williamsburg as a young girl, and the house is modeled after the same period. Andrea Perkins was our wedding coordinator at the manor house. She did a wonderful job, was on top of everything. She helped us decorate the night before the wedding; we couldn't have done it without her! It was very important to her that everything be just the way my daughter wanted it to be. I would highly recommend her if you are in need of a wedding coordinator.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Nikki D

The Manor House at Kings Charter was the perfect venue for our wedding! The house is beautiful and the gardens are so pretty. Mary Jane was the absolute best coordinator. She is so sweet and accommodating from the first day we met all through the months of planning and... Read More especially the wedding weekend. Our day was perfect and ran so smoothly. She made sure we were able to enjoy ourselves and even made me a plate for dinner so I got to eat before everyone else. I would highly recommend the Manor House if you are looking for the perfect wedding venue and coordinator!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lisa R

My husband I were married at The Manor House and had our reception there in May of this year and it was beyond beautiful. The ladies there were so accommodating and made my wedding day easy for me, my mother, mother in law and all of my friends and family. The venue itself... Read More provides so many options for both the wedding and reception. I highly recommend The Manor House and the wonderful ladies who run it. Andrea and MJ are just amazing!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lesa P

Manor House – Kelsey & Grayson’s wedding: June 4, 2016 The Manor House at Kings Charter was a perfect venue for Kelsey & Grayson’s wedding Saturday, June 4th. From the very first meeting with Mary Jane, we knew all the details would be attended to with care. Mary Jane was the... Read More best and we became friends through the process! She helped us to find Sam Edwards Catering who provided quality, value, and flexibility. Mary Jane’s team approach worked well. She connected with Erica at Black Creek Flowers and with William’s Bakery. She also provided creative flexibility – from letting us use the house frames for personal photos, and our own decorations and flowers throughout the house and on the grounds. The Manor House became ours & felt so much like home during the set up and the day of. The house & catering staff accommodated our weather pending last minute decisions to have the wedding outside and the reception in doors. The suites upstairs were amply spacious for Kelsey and Grayson to have pre-wedding time to gather with their bridal party, to make-up, touch up, and pray before the wedding. It was wonderful! A sweet day to remember.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Melanie M

My husband and I had a wonderful day at our wedding at the Manor House. We chose to hire Andrea as our "day of coordinator" which was a fabulous decision and definitely worth the extra money. One of the things I initially loved about the Manor House is that it is already so... Read More beautiful that there is very little that has to be done as far as décor (because let's be honest, I'm a little lazy). The Manor House has several beautiful outdoor settings for the ceremony (but in case of rain can easily switch it to inside). We were lucky enough to have our ceremony outdoors and fabulous weather. We chose the front lawn because it seemed the shadiest for our guests and we loved having the house in the background, but they also have an awesome gazebo and garden in the back which we used for our first dance. We had the ballroom for the indoor reception which was nice for the summer wedding. Andrea was wonderful. She took the time to meet with us to hammer out the details of the day 60 days out and then about 2 weeks before. She was a pro and thought of a lot of things we would have forgotten about. She took care of getting all of the decorations put out the day of so my husband and I didn't have to worry about anything. During the wedding, she also helped us with getting all of our guests to the right places (into the ceremony chairs, out to the gazebo, back in for the reception). Andrea watched out for my husband and I all night making sure we didn't need anything and never went without a drink. My husband and I truly had the best day and could not be more happy with the Manor House. The Manor House also had great suggestions for other vendors (caterers, flowers, cake, officiants, etc). Another bonus was that because the Manor House has so many weddings, they have tons of centerpieces, etc. décor in their closet that previous couples donated (mirrors, vases, candle holders, etc).

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Ashley H

The venue was absolutely gorgeous! My wife and I just got married there on Sunday the 28th and we couldn't have asked for a better day. We had about 100 guests in attendance. We also hired Andrea as our coordinator and I'm glad we did! She was on top of everything and kept the... Read More day going smoothly. We didn't have to worry about a thing! The gardens were beautiful and the decorations inside were set up exactly how we wanted them. Everything turned out even better than we had expected! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!