The Manor House at Kings Charter

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Planning

9400 Charter Crossing, Mechanicsville, VA

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Elizabeth W

The Manor House at Kings Charter was perfect for our May 2016 wedding. The gardens, grounds, and whole house are beautiful, and Andrea my day-of-coordinator was amazing! From the first time we met, she went out of her way to make sure our wedding day turned out exactly how we... Read More imagined it to. We could not be more pleased with how everything turned out!

Beautiful May Wedding :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Jessica R

I'd give this place a million stars if it was an option :)!! My husband and I had the most amazing experience with the Manor house at Kings Charter! We worked with Mary Jane and she was absolutely incredible from the day we booked the venue to the very end of our wedding. She... Read More gave us amazing recommendations that made our whole wedding experience perfect! She worked so hard to make everything flow the way it was supposed to! I would not have changed one thing about my wedding day! The outdoor gardens are so beautiful we had to have our ceremony outside! The best part was having the option of an indoor ceremony incase of rain... which we had TONS OF! We got to decide one hour before whether to have the ceremony outside or inside! We chose outside and the rain stopped! :) It was perfect!! I would recommend this venue to any and everyone! Our wedding experience was perfect and we wouldn't have been able to do it without the Manor House at Kings Charter or Mary Jane! :)

The Manor House at Kings Charter

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Madelyn T

The Manor House at Kings Charter is perfect for a small intimate wedding. We had about 100 guests that was able to fit outside in the gazebo or inside the main room of the manor house. My husband and I had Beth as our mistress of ceremonies. She was AMAZING! She decorated the... Read More venue with all of the flowers we brough so perfectly! She kept everyone in order. Our rehearsal went smoothly. We had a backup plan in case it rained, which it did. I was nervous about flipping over the main room of the manor house from the ceremony to the reception, but Beth and Sam Edward Catering did it quickly and perfectly. I have no complaints about this venue. Beth was so good that when my cupcakes came withour a cake topper she called my husband immediately to make sure that was correct, which it turned out was forgotten by the cupcake shop. The venue was gorgeous. I originally wanted my ceremony outside at the gazebo, but I loved it even more inside the manor house. I was intimate and beautiful in front of the fireplace with candles placed inside of it. I highly recommend Beth and the Manor House!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah G

After visiting the Manor House my fiance and I knew that we wanted to have our wedding and reception there. It is a gorgeous venue with a beautiful inside AND out. Not only did we love our ceremony and reception space but our guests did too - we are still getting compliments.... Read More Mary Jane was our coordinator on the day-of and did such a phenomenal job. She even drove to my house while we were busy having our makeup done because I had left my special wedding dress hanger at home! I joke that in 2017 we should have a one year celebration party at the Manor House because we enjoyed being there so much! Anyways, the venue is wonderful and I wouldn't have wanted our special day to be anywhere else!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Lisa B

In May of 2016, my daughter got married; the Wedding and Reception were held at the Manor House. The venue was perfect! She wanted an intimate outside wedding. We could have not been more pleased. Everything was beautiful, the grounds outside and inside the house as well.... Read More My daughter loved going to Williamsburg as a young girl, and the house is modeled after the same period. Andrea Perkins was our wedding coordinator at the manor house. She did a wonderful job, was on top of everything. She helped us decorate the night before the wedding; we couldn't have done it without her! It was very important to her that everything be just the way my daughter wanted it to be. I would highly recommend her if you are in need of a wedding coordinator.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Nikki D

The Manor House at Kings Charter was the perfect venue for our wedding! The house is beautiful and the gardens are so pretty. Mary Jane was the absolute best coordinator. She is so sweet and accommodating from the first day we met all through the months of planning and... Read More especially the wedding weekend. Our day was perfect and ran so smoothly. She made sure we were able to enjoy ourselves and even made me a plate for dinner so I got to eat before everyone else. I would highly recommend the Manor House if you are looking for the perfect wedding venue and coordinator!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lisa R

My husband I were married at The Manor House and had our reception there in May of this year and it was beyond beautiful. The ladies there were so accommodating and made my wedding day easy for me, my mother, mother in law and all of my friends and family. The venue itself... Read More provides so many options for both the wedding and reception. I highly recommend The Manor House and the wonderful ladies who run it. Andrea and MJ are just amazing!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lesa P

Manor House – Kelsey & Grayson’s wedding: June 4, 2016 The Manor House at Kings Charter was a perfect venue for Kelsey & Grayson’s wedding Saturday, June 4th. From the very first meeting with Mary Jane, we knew all the details would be attended to with care. Mary Jane was the... Read More best and we became friends through the process! She helped us to find Sam Edwards Catering who provided quality, value, and flexibility. Mary Jane’s team approach worked well. She connected with Erica at Black Creek Flowers and with William’s Bakery. She also provided creative flexibility – from letting us use the house frames for personal photos, and our own decorations and flowers throughout the house and on the grounds. The Manor House became ours & felt so much like home during the set up and the day of. The house & catering staff accommodated our weather pending last minute decisions to have the wedding outside and the reception in doors. The suites upstairs were amply spacious for Kelsey and Grayson to have pre-wedding time to gather with their bridal party, to make-up, touch up, and pray before the wedding. It was wonderful! A sweet day to remember.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Melanie M

My husband and I had a wonderful day at our wedding at the Manor House. We chose to hire Andrea as our "day of coordinator" which was a fabulous decision and definitely worth the extra money. One of the things I initially loved about the Manor House is that it is already so... Read More beautiful that there is very little that has to be done as far as décor (because let's be honest, I'm a little lazy). The Manor House has several beautiful outdoor settings for the ceremony (but in case of rain can easily switch it to inside). We were lucky enough to have our ceremony outdoors and fabulous weather. We chose the front lawn because it seemed the shadiest for our guests and we loved having the house in the background, but they also have an awesome gazebo and garden in the back which we used for our first dance. We had the ballroom for the indoor reception which was nice for the summer wedding. Andrea was wonderful. She took the time to meet with us to hammer out the details of the day 60 days out and then about 2 weeks before. She was a pro and thought of a lot of things we would have forgotten about. She took care of getting all of the decorations put out the day of so my husband and I didn't have to worry about anything. During the wedding, she also helped us with getting all of our guests to the right places (into the ceremony chairs, out to the gazebo, back in for the reception). Andrea watched out for my husband and I all night making sure we didn't need anything and never went without a drink. My husband and I truly had the best day and could not be more happy with the Manor House. The Manor House also had great suggestions for other vendors (caterers, flowers, cake, officiants, etc). Another bonus was that because the Manor House has so many weddings, they have tons of centerpieces, etc. décor in their closet that previous couples donated (mirrors, vases, candle holders, etc).

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Ashley H

The venue was absolutely gorgeous! My wife and I just got married there on Sunday the 28th and we couldn't have asked for a better day. We had about 100 guests in attendance. We also hired Andrea as our coordinator and I'm glad we did! She was on top of everything and kept the... Read More day going smoothly. We didn't have to worry about a thing! The gardens were beautiful and the decorations inside were set up exactly how we wanted them. Everything turned out even better than we had expected! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

Our daughter's June wedding at The Manor House at Kings Charter could not have been more perfect. Mary Jane and Andrea made the whole experience a delight; you would've thought the bride and groom were their own children by the attention they lavished on all of us and their... Read More effort to assure everything ran smoothly. I highly recommend having a "day of" coordinator; this service is a bargain and Andrea was a gem! The setting is just beautiful and they did a fabulous job with decorations, organizing, coordinating with caterer, photographer, etc. I received nothing but compliments from guests the entire evening. We are still basking in the joy of this wedding experience two months later!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

The Manor House was the perfect setting for our intimate January wedding. With only 30 guests, we had hoped to find a place with warmth and charm, and the Manor House fit the bill. I can't say enough about the help we received from Andrea.................she offered insightful... Read More advice from music, to desserts to an outstanding caterer. It was a perfect day start to finish, and we would recommend the Manor House to any couple planning to get married. Patti & David (January 2016)

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Jacquie R

I had my March wedding here, and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue!!! For one, it's beautiful- inside and outside. There are multiple options you can choose to have your ceremony; as well as space for your bridal party to get ready the day of. What really sold me on... Read More using The Manor House was one of the coordinators, Mary Jane. Right from the beginning she was very intentional about returning my calls, remembering the smallest of details, and overall making sure our wedding day ran perfectly- which I'm so blessed to say it did. I have nothing negative to say about this venue. Do yourself a favor and book it for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Katherine M

We had our wedding on October 17th, 2015 at the Manor House at Kings Charter and I honestly can't say enough good things about the venue and the staff. From the moment we walked into the Manor House we knew that we had found our venue. It's conveniently located right off of 95... Read More and 295 (about 15 minutes from Richmond) and has tons of hotels and restaurants within a 5 minute drive (perfect for out of town guests). The venue itself, a historical, colonial, style house and gardens are absolutely beautiful and make an incredible backdrop for a wedding ceremony and reception (the pictures on the site don't do it justice, it is even more incredible in real life). The pricing for a venue such as this is great and comparable venues cost two or three times as much. We were very pleased to learn that they only host one wedding a day (some venues try to stuff two or more into a day) they have a very reasonable pricing structure (based on number of hours you need the venue for) and they have different pricing depending on what day of the week you want to have your wedding and what time of the year (obviously Saturday during wedding season is most expensive). We decided that we did want to have our wedding on a Saturday so we paid the full rate of $3,000.00 (which includes a refundable $500.00 deposit) but for the size, quality, and service you get this price is incredible and one of the best prices we found in the area. Mary Jane and Andrea were so helpful, kind and genuinely interested in helping you plan and execute a beautiful wedding. They had tons of amazing ideas that they shared and stayed in touch with us every step of the way while we planned our wedding. We had several meetings with them where they helped us plan the wedding and reception and even had a meeting with the caterer to go over the dinner setup and timeline. The venue itself is perfect for having an indoor/outdoor wedding and we decided to have our ceremony outside at the gazebo and then have the reception inside (we had 78 guests). We also loved the fact that they came up with a "bad weather" back up plan which would move the ceremony into a room in the house if it rained. This plan took the stress off of our shoulders about worrying about the weather or having to buy a tent. The house can accommodate 150 people but I believe that would be a tight squeeze and you would have to break the party up among several of the rooms in the house (they wouldn't all fit in the main room). But for our guest count it was perfect as we were able to fit everybody in the main room for dinner and then moved a few tables to another room to make the dance floor a little bigger. The additional perk of being able to hire either Mary Jane or Andrea (we had Mary Jane as our day of coordinator for a small fee ($200.00) was worth every penny. She is an absolute pleasure to work with, as is Andrea. The day of the wedding she was one step ahead of everything (she did all the decorating, coordinated with the caterer, photographer, dj and helped the guests). The wedding and reception were spectacular and I am so happy we decided to go with the Manor House as our venue. We visited dozens of other venues before settling on this one and for the price, amenities, service, and just sheer prettiness it is worth every penny.

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Suzanne T

I had my wedding at the Manor House and it was absolutely perfect! Our wedding coordinator, Andrea, did an outstanding job setting up, running our special day and making sure everything was how I could imagine. Andrea is one of the kindest and sweetest people I have ever met.... Read More She truly loves her job and wants brides to be happy on their special day. She made my day care free and I was able to enjoy every minute of it! Besides the amazing staff, the Manor House grounds are gorgeous. They truly take care of the house, and gardens making it an amazing place to have a wedding.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

I had the pleasure of photographing a Wedding at The Manor House last weekend. What a great setting. My view of a location is based on the Bride and Groom's reactions - and they loved it.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Cassidy B

My husband and I had an amazing experience at The Manor House. We got married on March 28, 2015. Everything was so perfect! Working with Andrea at The Manor House was so easy. She is just the sweetest person and was helpful every step of the way. Andrea was able to refer vendors... Read More and help me plan with the caterer and DJ. She helped me with decorations and just made everything run so smoothly. I couldn’t have done it all without her! She has so much experience with weddings and is very knowledgeable. Also, the house is just beautiful! We had our ceremony outside under the gazebo and also took pictures outside before and after the ceremony. The reception was inside the ballroom. We had about 85 – 90 guests show up. It was very intimate but also the perfect amount of space for a guest list of our size. I highly recommend The Manor House as a ceremony and reception venue. I also recommend working with Andrea and hiring her as a day-of coordinator. We had the best day of our lives!

Colonial Elegance

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Whitney H

From the first time I saw The Manor I knew it was the perfect place for us to get married. The house and the landscaping were stunning. We had the ceremony and reception at the venue and it worked perfectly. My wedding was Saturday and there was also a wedding Friday and... Read More Sunday. Due to the busy weekend, I was slightly inconvenienced and the limited set up time caused me to have to change some of my decorations. While I understand, the communication wasn't ideal. However, overall everything was perfect! The Manor is an amazing value for the price and have many decorations they loan out. I would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

We just had our family wedding at the Manorhouse and it was everything we hoped for and more. Mary Jane the manager and one of the wedding coordinators was amazing and goes above and beyond to ensure everthing goes to plan and is stress free. It was wonderful for the bridal... Read More party to have their own dressing room and the grooms party to have theirs. The grounds were beautiful, it was a magical outdoor wedding and fantastic reception indoors with plenty of space for tables, dancing and a beautiful buffet in the dining room. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Valerie H

We got married here in the middle of September on a beautiful weekend. Mary Jane was a wonderful coordinator that made the last 18 months so much easier and stress free! We had the best time and all of our guests did too! We highly recommend this venue and Mary Jane to anyone in... Read More Richmond! -Valerie and Matt Pridemore

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

My husband and I live in Kings Charter and can see The Manor House from our home. When we were planning our April 2015 wedding, we looked at vineyards and gardens and other "popular" venues, but nothing felt right. Then we decided to took a closer look at The Manor House and... Read More realized what a treasure it is, almost literally in our backyard! From the first phone call to the end of our reception, the entire experience was calm, enjoyable and fun. Mary Jane was our wedding coordinator. She showed us this incredibly beautiful property, which is nestled into a private setting with well-maintained gardens, and has an atmosphere of elegance and warmth. Our guests raved about the beauty of this venue! We had planned an outdoor 5:30 pm wedding in the garden, but when it rained all morning, the backup plan was seamless to move the ceremony indoors. It was comfortable and not at all crowded, and Mary Jane made it seem like that had been the plan all along. We weren't at all disappointed by the rain because she went out of her way to make everything inside so perfect. In retrospect, I am so glad it happened that way. ***Bottom line, if you are looking for a really unique, beautiful, relaxed and warm place to celebrate your special wedding, you need to consider The Manor House! You will be made to feel as though you are getting married at an old family home. As other reviews said, pictures cannot do the house or gardens justice, you have to see them to appreciate them.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Tara R

This venue is incredible! My husband and I got married here on August 8th, 2015 and we couldn't have been happier with the venue. Having all of the outdoor AND indoor space was wonderful for August - we didn't have to worry about the heat or rain. We had a large reception... Read More (200 people) so we also rented a tent to seat our guests outside. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff at the Manor House are also exceptional - Andrea helped us with our wedding and she was such a blessing! We hired her to be the wedding coordinator for the day which I would highly recommend! She coordinated everything so that all of our guests could just sit back and enjoy the reception. We even had some issues with our transportation service and Andrea stepped up to help everything going smoothly even though she obviously had nothing to do with the transportation glitch.

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 suri w

The Manor House did a fantastic job at our wedding! We haven’t been able to stop talking about it. From start to finish, Andrea and Mary Jane were there for anything we needed. They were able to make suggestions when we needed help and provided a lot of wisdom (they’ve seen many... Read More weddings!). The grounds themselves are perfect and the manor house is a gorgeous place for a reception. If you’re able to afford it, definitely use their day-of coordination services. On my wedding day I didn’t have to lift a finger. Andrea was running around like crazy doing 1,000 things and I was oblivious to all of the last minute items on the to-do list. I’m so glad I chose the manor house. It was the first and only venue we visited and I knew when we saw it that it was THE ONE! You won’t be disappointed using this venue.

Perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Megan R

My husband and I got married at The Manor House at Kings Charter 9.26.15 and had a fantastic experience from day one. Mary Jane was our coordinator and we were impressed with the time, compassion, genuine interest and assistance she gave us. I had no idea what I wanted to do,... Read More was on a budget and was generally overwhelmed. Mary Jane gave fantastic suggestions as far as caterers, florist and my photographer (I used Sam Edwards Catering, Flowers By Zoie and Dimples and Cheeks Photography and was impressed/blown away with all of them). Originally, we wanted to get married outside under the gazebo because it is stunning this time of the year with the flowers in full bloom (they have lights under there and with flowers/sheers makes it super romantic). Well, it is also hurricane season in September and Hurricane Joaquin did not want us to get married outside that weekend. Mary Jane was so flexible and fortunately had great ideas for having the wedding inside. I will be honest that I was not initially excited about the ceremony being inside in the ballroom because I had my mind set on it being outside but Mary Jane sat down with me and worked it out. I told her I wanted it to be intimate and romantic and she took the time to make sure the decorations and setting made it that way. I am so happy we had it inside and at the end of the day it is about the couple getting married and the ballroom/house itself is gorgeous. ALSO: a lot of other outside venues will charge you to change the ceremony location or to add a rain space and The Manor House does not do that. We were fortunate to have a rain alternative because when we called to get quotes for tents (which run anywhere from $500-$3000) they were completely out because of the Bike race. Everything was perfect, from the table layout, the decorations, the timing of the ceremony and flow of the evening. I honestly wish I could replay it over and over again. I encourage couples to have their wedding at The Manor House because it is a full package, the coordinators are both great (I had the opportunity to meet Andrea, also!). There wasn't a moment that I felt like something went wrong or not taken care of. They really catered to us and made us feel like we were the most important people in the world.

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Lindsay H

The Manor House was amazing! Andrea and Mary Jane were so sweet and went completely out of their way to make sure everything was as close to what I wanted if not exactly what I wanted. It was everything I ever wanted in a venue. The house and the gardens are stunning. I can't... Read More wait to go back and visit every once in awhile.