Book Your Wedding with The Manor

A BALLROOM IN WEST ORANGE, NJ

Located in West Orange, New Jersey, The Manor is an easy trip from New York City, but the sprawling garden and large ballrooms make you feel like you are far from the hustle and bustle of the city. The Manor sits on 20 acres of land and offers a respite from the hectic surrounding area.

Throughout every season, The Manor offers multiple ceremony and reception areas for your wedding and celebration, each with their own charms. The meticulously manicured gardens are a lovely location for a warm-weather affair, while the stately interior of The Manor offers several options for indoor and cold weather celebrations. The ballrooms each feature impressive chandeliers and tasteful decor. Italianate fountains make for excellent photo opportunities and can be seen from several ballrooms.

The Formal Garden is an idyllic site for outdoor ceremonies. The brick walkway passes under 10 arched trellises and leads to a gloriette, which provides an excellent stage for the couple to exchange their vows.

The Imperial Room also features The Starlight Gardens, which is a glass-enclosed portion of the hall that overlooks the fountains. The large chandelier illuminates an ample wooden dance floor and wood paneling adds a feeling of richness to the space.

The Virginia Room's pastels and gilded accents give it a delicate and regal feel. There is a center wood dance floor and a wall of French doors and leaded glass transoms to maximize the light coming in from the Greenery. Brick walls and wagon wheel chandeliers give the Greenery, which overlooks the garden, a cozy and rustic feel.

The Garden Room marries elegance and modernity in a rooftop ballroom that offers sweeping views of The Manor’s fountains, as well as Eagle Rock Reservation. The Garden Room also features state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment and customizable LED lights.

The Regency Room features a gently curved staircase, which gives the option of a dramatic entrance. There is a platform where the bridal party can hold court, as well as a marble dance floor and customizable LED lights to get the party started.

The Manor is the flagship location of the Knowles restaurant and event properties. They have been hosting weddings for 50 years and can recommend outside vendors for the few items they do not cover in-house, such as photographers and florists.

The Manor provides all food and beverages, including alcohol. They offer several bridal suites for you and your wedding party to use for primping and preparing. All decorations must be approved by the venue and all music must end by 1 a.m.

The pros at The Manor will take care of the big stuff and the little extras, such as:

• Valet and shuttle service
  • Coat check room
  • Outdoor lighting service
  • Setup and cleanup
  • On-site manager

Timeless Elegance to Create Lifelong Memories

Classic refinement, imperial gardens, period antiques, elegant table settings, four-star cuisine--all designed to create a Royal Wedding. The New York Times finds The Manor "the perfect place to get married." A quiet, intimate affair or lavish celebration, expert service in an unforgettable setting.

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate, Park, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

111 Prospect Ave, West Orange, NJ (973) 325-2060

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Claire W

The Manor was our top choice of venues. My husband's family not only had been to events there, but hosted an engagement party there. I had personally never been to any events there but I was excited to see what my future in-laws loved about the Manor.. They were worth every... Read More penny! The moment we walked in the building, we were treated with such respect and care. Rolf Schick was our contact person. Every meeting, every phone call, and every email with him was blissful. He answered all questions fully, kindly, and quickly. All the staff at the Manor are hard working and helpful. I can't say enough good things! Our Maître De and personal attendants were so wonderful the day of the wedding - I was so at ease! All I had to do was enjoy my day!

SEAMLESS and AMAZING

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 yuri a

I cannot begin to thank The Manor enough for making my wedding a night to remember. My Maitre'D George was amazing and always on point. Roman and Rolf were both super friendly and helpful. All of them made our experience seamless and stress-free. They truly know what they are... Read More doing and are always consummate professionals. Not only are the people we worked with friendly and fantastic but the food was delicious and the garden, where our ceremony took place, was absolutely stunning. The room where our reception took place, the imperial room, was recently re-done and the it looked phenomenal. There is a bar open upstairs if people wanted to continue partying after the wedding and the hotel was less than 100 yards a way (less than a minute walk) when people were ready to call it a night. Truly it was the perfect experience and the perfect venue.

Picture Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Allyson T

The Manor was the absolute perfect wedding venue! Everything surpassed our expectations as well as our guests'. We are still receiving thank you notes from our guests saying what a beautiful and amazing wedding it was... we can best attribute this to the beauty and... Read More professionalism of the The Manor! From the grounds to the delicious food, our day was simply a dream come true! The Manor's employees were wonderful and beyond accommodating! Words cannot express how happy we were to choose The Manor as the beginning of our happily ever after :)

Reviewed on 3/02/2018 Arianna S

INCREDIBLE! From beginning to end, I had the most beautiful experience. Roman was our go-to guide for everything and he couldn't have been more charming. My husband and I were treated to a delicious meal during Christmas time on the house and were even allotted a few extras for... Read More our cocktail hour on the house. The venue itself is spotless and decorated with lavish detail. My guests were STUNNED at how perfect the entire night went - from the flow of delicious foods, to the polite and warm staff. I can't wait to host future events here and would recommend them to anyone!! Thank thank thank you!!! My wedding is a night I will never forget!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Emily A

We had an amazing wedding at The Manor in November 2017! The ballrooms and grounds are classically elegant and beautiful, the food was delicious and so impressive in both presentation and sheer quantity and selection, and the coordinators we worked with throughout our planning... Read More process were very helpful and accommodating. We held our ceremony in the Colonnade Ballroom, reception in the Imperial Ballroom, and after party upstairs at The Dome. All were beautiful and so much fun! The only criticism I have is that there are several weddings that take place at the same time/ or on the same day as your wedding. You will see other brides and grooms as you take photos around the grounds and will be therefore be restricted as to where you take your photos. You will also see other weddings' guests in the bathroom. Most importantly, your vendors will not have access to the space the entire day leading up to the event for set up. This worked out perfectly fine for me because my vendors were all recommended by The Manor and were used to working there, but I could see this being a problem if you bring in vendors who are not used to the venue. The service and over all experience doesn't suffer because of this but it is something to keep in mind when deciding to book at The Manor.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Jessica A

The Manor is a stunning venue and the staff is top notch. We worked primarily with James Levinsky and he was great. Whatever we wanted the answer was yes. I don’t think that we asked for anything extraordinary, but it was great to be accommodated for those things we did request.... Read More He responded to my emails within a couple of days at first and then within the last month his responses came much quicker. We chose the Imperial Room and Starlight Gardens for our cocktail hour and reception, the Colonnade room for our ceremony, and the Wine Cellar for our private bridal party cocktail hour. These rooms are so gorgeous on their own that they do not require much decorating. It was the perfect setting for a fall wedding. The grounds are beautiful as well, though we did not get to take many photos outside due to the afternoon rain showers. The food is amazing, you get a ton of it, and the guests were raving about it all night. My Bridal Attendant was Willene and she was incredible. From the moment she came to the bridal suite through the end of the night she was sweet and attentive. She met my every need (even those needs I didn’t even realize I had). She was calm and her presence was steadying. Naomi was our Maitre’d and she did an marvelous job of coordinating the evening. She followed our plans perfectly and I was stress free knowing that she running the show. My husband and I had a wonderful day and a spectacular night and it is because the The Manor staff knows what they are doing.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Stacy M

Do yourself and your guests a favor and book with The Manor. Everyone we worked with was absolutely amazing and so helpful. They made sure our day was everything we dreamed of. Jim, Naomi, and MariaAlex (I believe that was her name), THANK YOU!! Our wedding was perfect. Our... Read More guests could not stop raving about the food, from cocktail hour to the late night French fry bar! Our pictures in the garden are jaw dropping. Stop searching and book with The Manor!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Deniece A

the staff and service excellent!! My assistant was Willie and she was on point with all my needs that day. The food was good but it wasn’t hot. The cake was included in my package and it was beautiful... identical to the picture I sent them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Vicki V

Where to start?! We had our wedding on Monday, October 16th, 2017. First off, the grounds are STUNNING! We fell in love instantly when we did a walk-through last year when we were venue shopping. We had our ceremony outdoors, and the gardens were picture perfect with flowers... Read More and greenery all around. Our cocktail hour was held adjacent to the Imperial Room where there was a view of the fountain with windows all around. THE FOOD. The food was incredible. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the sun dried tomato gnocchi or the raw bar. They also couldn't get over the bartenders' service the entire night. Dinner was impeccable - and the reception area is stunning with all dark wood and a gorgeous chandelier over the dance floor. The entire day was run by our coordinator, Jennifer, our matridee, Washington, and out bridal attendant, Elli. They were all excellent and provided help at any and all parts of the day. Basically, you won't be disappointed with choosing The Manor as the start to your new life. If I were to do it over again, I would chose The Manor every time.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Sherri K

My husband and I got married at the Manor on October 07, 2017 in the Virginia room. We had the most magical day of our lives and it is all thanks to the staff at The Manor. They were amazing since day one. The communication throughout the planning process was great but when the... Read More major stress set in right before the wedding they were there with me every step of the way. Including carrying all my boxes inside for me while they had a major event going on. The staff at the Manor go out of their way in every possible way to make sure that your wedding is the most perfect day in the world and that you are stress free. Also, MaryAlex is BY FAR THE MOST AMAZING wedding assistant that there is ANYWHERE… I would HIGHLY suggest that you ask for her to be a part of your wedding. I LOVED HER! Thank you to all the staff at the Manor.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Jillian C

You can't beat The Manor in terms of food quality and quantity (THAT COCKTAIL HOUR) and the beautiful outdoor ceremony space. I am so glad that we chose to do our ceremony here - our photographs are stunning! The cocktail hour, reception space, and gardens are also beautiful,... Read More and the elegant entryway when you drive up to the venue really makes a grand impression. Overall, the staff were very accommodating and helpful. All of our decorations/centerpieces looked exactly as I pictured and they worked with us to make what we wanted happen. My only comments are that the salesperson was late to every meeting, and we were unable to bring in a keg of craft beer despite initially being told we could. Despite these minor things, I would choose The Manor again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Reneta R

The venue is beautiful, especial the courtyard where you walk down the aisle. Great for a summertime wedding. My bridal asst and Maitre D were on point and at my side every step of the way. The food was fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Maria O

The event managers at the Manor were a bit slow with responses to email & returning calls but overall efficient. The service the day of by the staff was IMPECCABLE. From making sure every guest's need was fulfilled as well as making sure my husband and I got to have a taste... Read More of EVERYTHING they offered and I mean EVERYTHING. Beautiful curated outdoor space AND indoor space if weather is poor. Top of the line and totally suitable for a dream wedding. Thank you so much for making our day so extra special and memorable.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Lauren M

Our recent wedding this August at the Manor was FANTASTIC!!! We had our ceremony in the beautiful garden, the cocktail hour in the beautiful glass room with access to the fountains and our reception in the Regency room. The grounds and rooms were picture perfect! We took so many... Read More beautiful pictures outside in the garden, and fountain areas, we even did our first look on one of the bridges over the water. Not to mention walking down the beautiful flower covered arches that leads to the wedding alter. The food was delicious and our cocktail hour and signature drinks were wonderful. The staff was very professional and were able to accommodate all my guests needs. We were able to customize our space, include a photo booth, moving monogram on the walls, and flatscreen tv to show a video slideshow by the bar area. Everyone had a wonderful time, and we were so thrilled with our experience. The Manor made our dream wedding into a reality!!! If you want picture perfect grounds, amazing food and space, you need to have your special event at The Manor.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Fan J

Our wedding at The Manor is just amazing! I always want a romantic garden wedding and The Manor def is the perfect match! We worked with Rolf along with our wedding planning process and he is always so kind and helpful!! (Big thank you Rolf!) All our guests and us had an... Read More wonderful time yesterday. All our guests cannot stop talking about how amazing the garden and food and everything. It's just a seamless wonderful best day ever! Not to mention my wedding photos look amazing in their beautiful garden!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Krystal S

The Manor was amazing!! So glad I chose to have my ceremony and reception at this venue. Everything went smoothly, looked beautiful, tasted great and our guest enjoyed it all!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Joseph T

My wife and I got married a little over a month ago, and our wedding at the Manor was extraordinary! All of our guests can't stop telling us about what a great time they had, how nice the venue was, how delicious the food was, the bar, and the excellent service they had. It made... Read More me so happy to hear that! The staff and maitre'd were so friendly, helpful, and attentive towards the needs of my wife and I. They really made us feel like a king and queen. Jennifer who was our onsite coordinator was extremely helpful in the process and very organized. She even remembered my wife's favorite dessert and had the staff bring it to her as a little surprise. The level of service we got from everyone at the Manor was second to none. If you are looking for a venue for a social function or just to have dinner in their amazing restaurant I highly recommend it! The food and the service is excellent!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 AnnMarie P

Our wedding was everything and more then what we expected! The Mannor went above and beyond with making our experience amazing! Our banquet manger Rolf W. Shick was the BEST! He was extremely helpful with every part of planning our wedding. All of our guest were blown away from... Read More the cocktail hour to the venetian hour. I highly recommend The Mannor to any new brides and grooms!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Mike P

Had a wedding and rehearsal dinner there, which both went great, but had a shower there recently, which went horribly and event manager as well as general manager of facility have been unresponsive to concerns that were raised. Don't work with James Levinsky, once contract was... Read More signed and deposit paid, he never returned phone calls and we had to go in person to speak to someone.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michele G

I love love loved my wedding. Everything went so well. The food was incredible, the staff was friendly and helpful, the bartenders were fantastic. Everyone spent all night talking about how perfectly everything went, and a large part of that is due to the venue. I really would... Read More recommend going here. I personally visited twelve venues before deciding on the manor. I would make the same decision again if I had the chance. Do yourself a favor and check it out. The only. As thing I have to say is the planner I was working with changed three times in a year. Otherwise, it was perfect. And I don't mind because it went smoothly anyway.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Danielle C

My husband and I worked with Rolf; he helped to make our day even more special. Rolf and the staff at the Manor were all pleasant, attentive, and professional. Our wedding went off without a hitch; it ran very smoothly. The food was delicious and the venue was beautiful. It... Read More was apparent that we were working with true professionals. The Manor staff truly upheld their positive reputation by helping us bring together this beautiful event! Thank you for everything! (Danielle and Andrew 82816)

Reviewed on 3/26/2016

Worse experience ever. All African Americans stay away from this place. We went to the Manor for buffet dinner, tonight and we were accused by the manager of not wanting to leave. But in reality we were waiting on the waiter to bring the bill to our table. I am assuming he... Read More was the manager (a short white guy with bald head). He came over to our table and yell in a loud tone , very embarrassing tone of voice, after we had just spent over $500, at that racist place. "Why are you not leaving , I need the tablet for other folks ." I explained to him that we were waiting on the bill. To be honest, there was white folks who came in with us that was still seated there and he did not bother them.

Reviewed on 3/08/2016 nicole n

My husband Jay and I got married at The Manor this past Saturday, 3/5/16 and all we can say is WOW. James, our banquet manager/coordinator was so helpful throughout the entire planning process! He was always available via e-mail/phone to answer any questions/concerns we had. The... Read More Manor is absolutely gorgeous! We were able to do everything there - getting ready in their beautifully renovated bridal salon, photos on their stunning property, the ceremony, reception, and even the after party upstairs in their bar - how much easier can it get!! Our maitre-d George was SO helpful on the wedding night! He took care of anything we needed, he was attentive, and did not want us worrying about anything. One last thing I cannot go without mentioning is the food! If you want great food for your wedding - this is the place! You will not hear your guests say they ate "typical wedding food." The cocktail hour, reception, and Viennese table filled with flamed cordials and sweets were amazing!!! We really would like to thank all of the staff at The Manor for truly making our wedding unforgettable! 5 stars all around!!

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

Valentines Day - February 14, 2016 - lobster buffet - Imperial Room. "Horrible" Food cold; either under cooked or over cooked; food left out for hours without being replenished. Terrible experience.......

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We've had the best experience in our lives! The food was amazing, Matre'D George (true gentleman) and his staff was extremely professional and the place is gorgeous!