The Mansion At Timber Point

Timber Point offers dramatic views of the Great South Bay providing a “Picture Perfect.” wedding day. Devoted to serving one wedding at a time, we can accommodate intimate or large affairs. Your guests can enjoy cocktails outdoors while taking in the views of the bay and the manicured estate.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Bow2010

398 Great River Road, Great River, NY

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Sabrina S

My husband and I got married at Timber Point May 20th. We had our ceremony on site and everything about the whole entire night was absolutely perfect. Working with Maureen up until the wedding and Julio and Danielle on our wedding night was amazing. They went above and beyond in... Read More every aspect and could not do enough for us. The venue, food and drinks were great! I left specific decorating instructions and everything was perfect.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Kristin D

I wanted to take the time to thank the Timber Point team for everything they did for us to make our wedding day a dream come true! We'd like to give a special thank you to our maître d' and bridal attendant for going above and beyond for us. They anticipated everything we could... Read More want and more to make sure the night was perfect. The maître d' not only attended to us the entire night, but our parents as well and I cannot say thank you enough for that. I would also like to give a special thank you to the wedding coordinator, Maureen, for helping us with all the planning leading up to the day. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and the staff at Timber Point played an enormous part in making that happen. I would highly recommend booking your wedding with them!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

We just got married at Timber Point on Saturday and everything was so perfect. Working with Maureen up until the wedding was great, she was so sweet and helpful. We had Julio and Monica the day of, and they were amazing. Everyone told us that we would be pulled in a million... Read More directions at our wedding but we did not feel that way at all. Julio and Monica brought us food at the cocktail hour at our own table on the patio so we could have time to ourselves while still being near all our guests which was really special, rather than being hidden away in the bridal suite. They ran everything so smoothly that we really were able to enjoy ourselves and didn't worry about anything at all. People have been asking me if our wedding was everything I wanted and I've been saying that it was way better than I expected, and I definitely have Timber Point to thank for that!!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Lauren M

We got married at Timber Point on June 3 and I couldn't have asked for anything more. The venue is the most beautiful of any that we visited and it was surprisingly affordable. Maureen was a pleasure to work with and was always available to answer my questions during the... Read More planning process. The staff, especially the maitre d and bridal attendant, made sure that things ran smothly and ensured that we had everything that we could want. Also, the food was amazing! I was so impressed with everything about this venue and we haven't stopped receiving complements from our guests.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Gerianne D

My husband and I got married at Timber Point on Saturday, December 5, 2015. We cannot express enough how magical Timber Point made our wedding. All of our expectations were met and far exceeded. The dining room came together between the lighting, the fireplace, our... Read More centerpieces, the Christmas decorations and transformed into something so beautiful and elegant that words cannot describe. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We never in a million years could have imagined this outcome when we first stepped into the mansion and signed our contract. So many, if not all of our guests came up to Tommy and I and said it was one of the best weddings they have ever gone to. They raved about the food and the attention they received from the staff. We would 100% agree with them. There was never a moment that Tommy or I were not looked after by Julio and Miranda (bridal attendant, I think that was her name, ugh!). We felt like royalty! And thank you again for being able to get the Hofbrau Original (Miriam & Steve). All FOUR cases went! We highly recommend this venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Amanda O

My husband and I are very easy going people and we wanted a venue that matched our personalities. We wanted a venue that was one event at a time because we felt if we are spending this kind of money we should have a place to ourselves. Our banquet manager was Miriam and she was... Read More wonderful to work with from start to finish. She helped in suggesting vendors and decor ideas. We rented two heaters for the outside patio for cocktail hour and although we got very lucky with having such warm weather in November, I’m still glad we rented them. People were able to enjoy using the outside space throughout the whole night. We had Bruce as our matre de and he was great to work with. He made sure everything transitioned smoothly and made sure we had everything we needed. Nicolette was our bridal attendant and she was also great to work with. She bustled my dress in minutes which was a huge help because I had such a big train to work with. All of our decor we brought was displayed just as we had asked and everything was cleaned and boxed for us at the end of the night. The food was amazing we had guests texting us days after telling us how great the food was. We added on the hot pretzels at the end of the night which was a huge hit! Guests really enjoyed it as they left to go on the shuttle. Overall we had an amazing night and I really have no complaints whatsoever.

Beautiful ceremony & reception!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Caroline C

We are so thankful we found the Mansion at Timber Point for our wedding! We had an outdoor ceremony on the beautiful patio and an evening reception. Not only is the venue gorgeous, with a charm that few LI venues seems to have, but ALL of the staff seem to go above and beyond. I... Read More continued to be surprised and impressed by the helpful and attentive staff throughout the planning process and on my actual wedding day. Their professionalism and expertise made the planning process SO much easier. In particular, Miriam was absolutely amazing throughout the planning process. We met with her twice before deciding on Timber Point, and imagining our actual day there while looking at different pictures with Miriam was what helped us decide. They were so accommodating to all of our guests' dietary needs and ALL of our requests. On the day of the wedding, the maitre'd and bridal attendant were always present and helpful without feeling intruding. They made the wedding flow smoothly while reminding my husband and I to take a minute and look around, spend time with each other, etc. The food was also amazing! Our guests are still talking about it months later. We can't express how thankful we are to everyone at the Mansion at Timber Point for making our day as smooth and amazing as it was.

It was a great night!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Linsey O

From the beginning it was an easy and pleasant experience. I was living in Pennsylvania while planning my wedding and super stressed about distance planning. Maureen was so helpful with everything we needed up until the end. Bruce was an EXCEPTIONAL maitre d' who catered to our... Read More every need! He was there whenever we needed him and took care of every minor detail before I could even think of it. We had a fantastic wedding and could not be more thankful!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

What a fabulous Experience. The food was excellent, the place is beautiful, and the staff was wonderful and the service beyond expectation. I would recommend this property to anyone.

Perfect Wedding Day!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Laura L

My husband and I saw about 10 venues before we decided on TP - once we walked inside we knew it was the perfect fit for us. We loved that TP had the intimate feel of a house and a natural setting on the Great South Bay. Miriam was our banquet manager - she was so sweet and... Read More accommodating! My mom did all the decorations herself and we had lots of unique touches, but Miriam helped our vision come to life and never said "No" to anything. Our maitre'd Jake and bridal attendant made my husband and I feel like a king and queen - they were attentive and made sure that everything ran smoothly. I couldn't believe how efficiently the staff worked! The guests still can not stop raving about how beautiful the venue was.

What a wonderful Wedding venue

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Michelle G

We had our Wedding there late August. We looked at many venues in Suffolk and Timber Point was by far the best value for quality and scenery. One Wedding at a time is also awesome. The site is beautiful and Mansion is charming. All the staff were fantastic, the food was great,... Read More and everything went as planned. The bridal attendant and maitre d' were also fantastic, they made sure we had plenty of food and got us samples of everything from cocktail hour. We are still getting so many wonderful complements about how nice everything there was, how good the food was, and how pretty it was. We are very happy we went with Timber Point.

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Sara G

Walking into our wedding reception at Timber Point made me sigh in relief and happiness. It was the perfect setting for our summer wedding -- complete with simple yet elegant decor, gorgeous outdoor space for our cocktail hour, and a layout that allowed for my husband and I to... Read More comfortably celebrate with each and every one of our guests. Despite a disappointing initial tasting, we and our guests were very happy with the delicious food, (as promised!). Bruce and his staff made a noticeable effort to ensure that my husband and I were happy, that our parents were taken care of, and that guests had everything they needed. Four stars out of five due to some constructive feedback -- Miriam is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. That said, throughout planning, we found that most requests were first met with some form of push back before a resolution was reached. I'd encourage Miriam to rework her approach in this area, as it made us concerned leading up to the big day. Luckily, everything was beautiful, as she promised, and numerous guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended. My husband and I would recommend Timber Point to all couples looking for a truly special celebration.

amazing!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Lauren D

the food was great the service was fabulous, the view was beautiful!! Julio was awesome-seriously the best! People loved the food-although the cake (after trying it at a showcase) was rather lackluster so they let us bring in a cake from elsewhere! We worked with Neal and he was... Read More super nice and flexible. The venue itself it amazing if you like a country club look. The only thing I didn't like was that I was dancing with my sister to a song that she mentioned in her speech that the band then started playing and I was pulled away to look at the room where the food was being set up. I think they just wanted to let me see it before everyone else got in, but honestly, dancing and enjoying my time with my sister and guest was more important. So just let them know before hand that you don't want to be bothered with little minute details if you're more into the experience. We had a full moon and the reflection off the great South Bay was stunning! Our guests really enjoyed themselves and so did we!!! Highly highly highly recommend!!!!

Fantastic food, setting and service

Reviewed on 4/27/2015

What can I say! Our daughter's wedding at Mansion at Timber Point was perfect....from the planning with Miriam to the exquisite management by Julio the Maitre D', the attention to detail by the on site wedding planner...the food and martini bar, the beauty of the ball room and... Read More grand entrance...many guests were highly complimentary! This was great! Chantal, mother of the Bride, Stephanie.

Book @ Timber Point!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015

I just recently got married here on March 28th, 2015. It was incredible......from the food, to the staff, to the atmosphere. It fit me and my husband perfectly! I recommend this venue to everyone. They were willing to work with us when we had suggestions that were a little off... Read More the beaten path, and they were on top of everything the day of. I wish I could do it all again, we had so much fun!

Post party

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Stephanie P

This was one of the first places I had looked into when I began my planning process. We overlooked it at first...but I'm so glad this was our final decision. The venue itself is lovely. The atmosphere inside is very warm and comforting to me. Our ceremony was held Indoors... Read More (as it was February...and snowing) in front of a lit fireplace. (Ambiance on point.) People raved about the food (I had some, but not everything because I was so amped about he day that I had no appetite). We tasted the entrees previously and LOVED them. The buerre rouge sauce for the salmon is awesome. We opted for some extra beers, the decadent dessert package and the egg sandwich/OJ bar to finish the night. (Egg sandwiches: best decision ever). Miriam also threw in coffee/cordial bar & hot pretzels as a bonus. Thank you so much! Our guests had a great time. We had a great time. We had great help from the moment we started straight through to the end. (Shoutout to Miriam, Steve and my bridal attendant--I don't want to mess up her name :( )-- Nicolette?

AMAZING

Reviewed on 3/15/2015 Robin

Everything about our wedding was perfect. Neal and his whole team were so wonderful and it was obvious they really love what they do. Jonathan was our maitre d and he was incredible. He even brought me ibuprofen when I had a headache. Every time we turned around he was there to... Read More help. I would recommend this venue to anyone. I would also recommend all of the vendors that they use. Everyone at our wedding said it was the best wedding they ever attended.

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 2/07/2015 Catherine C

My husband and I were married at Timber Point in December 2014. We literally could not have asked for anything to have gone more smoothly! Miriam was incredible to work with during the planning process, especially since we live in NC and were only up in NY 3 times between... Read More selecting the venue and our actual wedding. She made time for us even on days when she had other weddings to plan, and was always accessible via email, text or phone call. On the actual day, Julio our maitre'd and Angela, the bridal attendant, were AMAZING! The room looked even better than we had pictured. The day went smoothly from our arrival to first look to bridal party pictures to the ceremony to cocktail hour to reception to after party, Timber Point did not miss a beat. All ages had a blast from my cousin's two-year-old son, to my 96 year-old Noni. The food was outstanding and honestly, the only thing we would change would be to go back and do the whole day over again. I can't say enough positive about the whole team and would recommend anyone whole-heartedly to choose Timber Point for their wedding!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Meghan F

I got married in October of 2012 and Timber Point was absolutely wonderful! The staff was superb and tended to myself and my guests needs so well. My husband and I were never without a drink or food and the bridal attendant waited on me hand and foot... not to mention I've never... Read More seen someone bustle a dress so quickly! Our guests still rave about the food and the amount. I highly recommend Timber Point!

Overall a great day!

Reviewed on 1/01/2015 Jenna L

My husband and I booked Timber Point pretty much on the spot - my mom had prelooked at one other place for me since I was studying for a big exam and unable to but my mind was sold on Timber Point. We met with Neal who my dad absolutely loved and he was very knowledgeable and... Read More able to answer all my questions including some crazy ones! He was very easy to get in touch with through email and honestly never seemed bothered by any of my questions or millions of emails which is a nice quality. He was always willing to work with us with meetings as my husband and i have pretty conflicting work schedules. The week of, you bring in all the items you want displayed at the venues with list of instructions on how you want them done. Some of them i didn't honestly know until I had the items there with me at the venue so Neil allowed me some time to place the items where we wanted them and then write them down. Day of, the food was great- we loved the strip steak and mahi mahi the best out of the entrees- as bride and groom you get to try them all! Cocktail hour we didn't get to enjoy as much of because we were doing pictures but Julio who was our matri'd made sure plates were upstairs for us to enjoy which was really nice- the guests seemed to enjoy it and we lucked out with our day because we were able to have it outside. Julio was really sweet and available to anything we needed we didn't have to even blink and we had what we needed. He kept everyone going and where they needed to be at all times. The drinks and bartenders were all great- it's kind of hard at your own wedding to really enjoy the drinks because you're constantly getting pulled but we still managed to really enjoy whatever drinks we had and all the guests enjoyed them too. The Viennese hour with icecream bar was also great but again we were pulled so we couldn't enjoy it as much. They made sure to package up each of the treats though so we did enjoy it afterwards! It was such a beautiful venue and all the guests could not get over the view for the ceremony. You looked out and you could see the entire great south bay. Our photographer took us all the way down to the edge of the course and we were able to get some really beautiful pictures by the water which truly made our day. The only comment I would make is regarding the bridal attendant I had, Andrea. She was nice enough, I suppose, however i was later told she was not nice to one of our guests and she did not bustle my wedding dress right causing it to constantly come undone. one of my guests was finally able to bustle it correctly for me but it should not have been an issue I feel like. Other than that, Timber Point was an amazing place to get married and I would chose it all over again.

Awesome Venue

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Nicole K

When i first walked into this venue, i fell in love. It has a natural warmth to it i haven't felt in many other places we looked. The bridal coordinator was so easy to work with. Our Maitre D & bridal attendant the day of were incredibly attentive and helpful. The whole... Read More staff made our day that much more memorable with their professionalism and positive attitude. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Best day of our lives at Timber Point!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Cait G

We had the absolute best day of our lives on our wedding day at Timber Point. Miriam was incredibly wonderful and helpful in the planning process and especially patient in communicating with and accommodating the requests of my father. Steve ran the show the day of the wedding... Read More and was AWESOME. The food was abundant and DELICIOUS. Everyone in attendance had such a great time, ESPECIALLY us (the bride and groom) and our entire wedding party. I hope to have a friend get married here in the future so that I can attend another wedding at Timber Point... our night just went by way too fast! We had everything at Timber Point including our pictures and our ceremony, which I had reservations about (fitting all of our 220 guests on the back deck for the ceremony), meanwhile we fit perfectly, there was plenty of room for all of our guests and our LARGE wedding parties, and the ceremony on the back deck underneath the pergola, with the beautiful lawn and water on the horizon... it truly is a memory that I know will live forever in our hearts. Couldn't ask for anything better! THANK YOU MIRIAM AND STEVE AND THE ENTIRE STAFF OF TIMBER POINT FOR THE BEST DAY AND BEST PARTY OF OUR LIVES.

Perfect day

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Elizabeth C

My husband and I were married at Timber Point June 6th and I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful place! We visited a lot of Lessings venues and other comparable venues on Long Island, but we fell in love with TP as soon as we walked in. It's a older venue with a... Read More lot of vintage charm, without being run-down like a lot of other similar venues. We worked with Miriam throughout the process and she was absolutely wonderful. She was so helpful, helping me pick vendors, giving me honest advice and helping me get the best deals. She was always so quick to get back to my emails, which a bride appreciates! We got married on a Friday, which I highly recommend because you are the only event of the day and can show up as early as you want. We also got married outside at the venue (which is a gorgeous setting with the water in the background) with a family member that is a priest, and the ceremony was beautiful and seamlessly run by TP. Venue - The mansion is gorgeous and feels so cozy, like you are at someone's beautiful old home. I loved the fireplaces and the decor (I've seen it decorated for Christmas - sooo beautiful). I also loved that the dance floor in the corner is HUGE! Food - Phenomenal, I am still getting comments on how great the food was. Definitely the best I've ever had at a wedding. Staff - Everyone is wonderful. They do a great job so you really have nothing to worry about! Price - compared to other venues the price was very reasonable, and Miriam worked with me on our budget. We also had an after party at the pub afterwards which was awesome! And we had our rehearsal dinner at the Three Village Inn, and we got 10% off since we were having our wedding at a Lessings venue. Thank you TP for giving us the most perfect day we could have ever imagined!

All smiles!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Joanna C

Our wedding day was a dream come true! From the second we saw Timber Point we knew we wanted to get married there! We had both our ceremony and reception there and both were great! The ceremony was set up outside overlooking the green. It was beautiful! The cocktail hour and... Read More reception were also great! Everyone commented on how delicious the food was and how professional the service was! The great thing about Timber Point is you are the only wedding there! You feel like you are in your own mansion for the night! Miriam was our wedding coordinator and was absolutely WONDERFUL! She has such a warm way about her that makes you feel completely at ease with all of your decisions. I can not think of anything I would change about our wedding at Timber Point. It was perfect!

Our Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Jennifer F

My husband and I got married at Timber Point in August, and they did such an amazing job. They exceeded our expectations and made our wedding even better than we could have imagined. The wedding coordinator, Miriam, was so helpful and amazing to work with. We were planning... Read More our wedding from out of state, and she was easily accessible to us through phone and email and accommodated our schedules to meet with us any time we traveled to New York or to answer any questions or concerns that we had. Miriam also helped with making recommendations that coordinated well with our theme and wedding colors, and she had such good ideas to help make our wedding perfect. Our bridal attendant, Nico, and our maitre-d, Jake, were amazing!!! They made sure that we had anything we could have needed throughout the entire night. They also made immediate changes to a few of our decorations that we wanted switched around. We had initially not asked for table cloths on the outdoor cocktail hour tables, but when we arrived at the venue we decided that we did want them. The change was made instantly! We could not have asked for a better wedding, and our friends and family are still raving about how great the food, service, and atmosphere was. Also, the view from the outdoor patio was GORGEOUS and having perfect weather on our wedding day made it even better!!! Thank you to all the staff at Timber Point for making our wedding day perfect. We will have amazing memories that will last a lifetime!

Meet The Director of Sales

Maureen Hannigan

With 14 years in the adventures of wedding planning, life never gets boring. Her unique approach & attention to detail is fun & easy, and throws away all notions of "cookie cutter" weddings. She delights in bringing out each couples personalities, sense of humor, individual style, & favorite foods into the event. She believes the BEST weddings are the ones that leave your guests saying "WOW - That was so them!"