Book Your Wedding with The Mansion at Timber Point

A BALLROOM IN GREAT RIVER, NY

Couples feel like royalty when they have their wedding ceremony and reception at The Mansion at TImber Point in Great River, New York. Rolling hills, manicured lawns and a waterfront view provide a romantic setting on this 300-acre property, while the colonial-style mansion adds a traditional touch. With a capacity for 250 wedding guests, the award-winning venue is partnered with local wedding vendors to provide everything the to-be-weds need for a memorable event. The expansive property offers numerous photo opportunities both on the grounds and inside the mansion.

Patio. Lined with hedges and paved with red brick, the patio is a gorgeous setting for a ceremony and cocktail hours. The pergola on the patio is a wonderful place for the couple to exchange vows.

Ballroom. The fireplace in the ballroom provides another great place for the wedding ceremony. The bride can make her entrance by coming down the grand staircase of the colonial mansion. With elegant wood flooring and a spacious dance floor, the ballroom is also the ideal spot for a wedding reception. Air-conditioning in the summer and heat from the fireplace in the winter keeps the ballroom comfortable for guests all year.

A dedicated wedding planner helps the couples make decisions down to the most minor details. Couples can work with the planner to choose from the long list of preferred vendors or save money by choosing the Complete Wedding Package, which includes:

• A five-hour reception
  • Bakery service
  • Music or DJ service
  • Photographer
  • Flowers
  • Limousine

A bridal suite is available onsite for the bride to prepare for the ceremony and change into something more comfortable for the reception. For the guests' convenience, coat checking is available. Audiovisual equipment for showing slideshows or video at the reception is available for an extra fee.

The venue offers a variety of meal packages for the couple to choose from, including banquets, cocktail hour and a grand reception sit-down dinner package. The kitchen is attached to the ballroom, so guests can enjoy fresh, hot meals prepared onsite. Meal enhancements are also available, which include:

• Raw bar
  • Sushi bar
  • Ice cream sundae bar
  • Chocolate fountain
  • Truffle bar

Couples can choose from a variety of add-on services to add even more elegance and convenience to the ceremony and reception. Some extra perks available for an extra fee are:

• Custom ice sculptures
  • Valet service
  • White San Francisco trolley with a railed porch for the bride to make her exit

When the reception is over, it doesn't mean the party has to end. Guests can meet at the Timber Point Pub for the ultimate after party. Serving late-night snacks and drinks, the cash-only pub is a great place to bring up to 125 guests for a few more drinks.

The Mansion At Timber Point

Timber Point offers dramatic views of the Great South Bay providing a “Picture Perfect.” wedding day. Devoted to serving one wedding at a time, we can accommodate intimate or large affairs. Your guests can enjoy cocktails outdoors while taking in the views of the bay and the manicured estate.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Bow2010

398 Great River Road, Great River, NY (631) 581-0022

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Caitlin C

I'm attaching a thank you letter we sent to Maureen at Timber Point: Dear Maureen, We can not thank you and your staff enough (Jedd was our maitre d and Danielle was our bridal attendant) for all of your help leading up to and on our wedding day (7/14/17). I can only imagine... Read More in your line of work, that probably seems like years ago! You have been an incredible resource to us since the first day we met you and for that we are so extremely thankful. You have always been so easy to talk to and so responsive to my questions and requests throughout the entire wedding planning process. I can't say it enough, but you are wonderful at what you do. From the moment our bridal party limo pulled up to Timber Point on our wedding day, Jedd introduced himself to us-which made us feel immediately at ease. He was extremely professional, attentive, and respectful of the schedule we had in mind for the night. Danielle was nearby if I needed anything and was always offering to fill our drinks and give us a hand with anything (removing my veil, bustling my dress, etc.). Our guests raved about the abundance of food at the cocktail hour, the white gloved servers, and how professionally dinner was presented to them. They were in awe over the amount of food at the cocktail hour and raved about the cocktail hour food & dinner choices. The pretzels were the perfect favor for our guests as they waited for the shuttle back to the hotel. Please pass along all of these compliments to the chef and wait staff as well as Jedd & Danielle. I'm pretty confident that in your line of work you don't get the number of thank you's that you deserve, so please know that we are SO very thankful for everything you all did to help our wedding day run so smoothly at Timber Point. I kept telling everyone I was really nervous about the church, but after we said our vows and exchanged our rings, I was completely relaxed knowing that everything at Timber Point would run flawlessly....and it did! I will be sure to recommend Timber Point to anyone I know looking for a venue. Please let me know if I can send this email to your boss or someone else at Lessings, just to remind them what a wonderful staff they have!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Rhiannon J

Amazing!!!!!! Jeb and Danielle absolutely amazing and made sure me, my husband and family were happy and comfortable the entire night. The food was amazing and it looked absolutely gorgeous! Best night ever!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jenn V

We got married at Timber Point on Saturday, 7/8 and everything was perfect! Maureen was so great to work with throughout the entire planning process. Our Maitre D (Jake) and bridal attendant (Nicolette) were on their game! Wish we could do it all over again!!!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Melissa H

My Husband and I got Married in April and had our reception at Timber Point Mansion. There is not enough room for us to write just how amazing we think everyone there is! Maureen was beyond incredible to work with...from our very first meeting, to choosing menu options,... Read More coordinating with our other vendors, to answering a million questions along the way, Maureen was terrific and always put us at ease. The day of, we were lucky enough to have Jake as our maitre d. He could not have been more attentive...not just to us, but our families as well. He made sure every little detail was perfect and that we had everything we needed throughout the evening. You can tell everyone at Timber Point has pride in their work and they make you feel as if you truly are the most important Bride and Groom! We are so happy we chose Timber Point as our reception venue and are grateful to them for helping to make it our best day yet!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jen K

Our wedding June 2 was perfect! We were beyond thrilled with everything timber point did for us, our day could not have gone any better or smoother. Working with Maureen was great she is very knowledgeable and available for any help along the way. The food was amazing... Read More everyone went up more than once for second and third plates (we did the cocktail hour style wedding - highly recommend!) the entire staff was professional and the bridal attendant and matre di were excellent. If I had to do it again (we wish we could relive it!) I wouldn't change a thing !

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Nora C

Everything was PERFECT for our wedding at Timber Point. From our first appointment to see the menu up until packing up our stuff after the wedding, we could not have been happier. Maureen made everything so easy and was always there to answer any of our questions. Our maitre d',... Read More Jake, was awesome and so accommodating. The staff set up the room exactly how we pictured and carefully packed up our belongings at the end of the night as well. We had so many compliments on the day and the food.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Brianne M

Maureen, Danielle, and Jake were fantastic! Any questions a had, even numerous emails in a row, Maureen responded quickly. Jake and Danielle kept my day moving so smoothly. They checked in with my regularly and made sure I got everything I needed and kept us on time. And the... Read More food was some of the best food I've ever had at a wedding! So many guests complimented the food choice and tastes. I could not have asked for a better location, day, and team!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Jennifer M

Everything about our wedding was absolutely AMAZING! If I could give more than 5 stars I would. The staff is incredible, first of all Maureen is an absolutely pleasure to work with. She made our planning so easy and happy. Our Maitre D Jake was incredible and my bridal... Read More attendant Jolene was FABULOUS! The food was delicious and the grounds, cocktail hour room and ballroom were stunning. I could not have asked for a better wedding. Everything about it was perfect!!! I HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for somewhere to get married, definitely check out The Mansion at Timber Point!!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Courtney S

This location is just incredible! We were married here on March 17th 2017. From the very beginning of our journey- Maureen was amazing. She was so helpful, and quick with responses! She even took time on her days off to answer my silly questions! The day was so amazing.... Read More Everything ran so smoothly. Jed was our maitre'd, and he was so on top of everything. So many people came up to us saying how delicious the food was, and how well everything was going. We have been told on multiple occasions that it was the best wedding they have been to. The space is beautiful! I am not a conventional bride, so I wanted a venue that I could make my own. The Mansion at Timber Point is that place. It's romantic, glamorous, and cozy. We can't recommend it enough! Thank you!

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Danielle M

The Mansion at Timber Point was the perfect venue for our wedding. The grounds, the ballroom, everything was breathtakingly beautiful. The service we received was outstanding. So many of our guests commented on how awesome the service was. Maureen was so attentive and was on top... Read More of every detail for us. Julio and Katherine were also amazing on our wedding day. They took care of everything for us. I highly recommend getting married at Timber Point.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Sofia G

We had our wedding at the Mansion at Timber Point on July 3, 2016 and there is not one negative thing we can say about this venue - from location, to food, and service - it was everything we hoped for and more. We had a fantastic ceremony and reception; our guests (and us!) are... Read More still talking about the food, drinks, and overall fun, memorable night we had. Miriam was an absolute pleasure to work with, we always looked forward to discussing wedding details with her; she was thorough, accommodating, helpful, and easy to communicate with. Julio, Danielle, and the entire staff went above and beyond the day of; they took great care of us, our families, and guests. We couldn't have ask for a better venue! THANK YOU Timber Point for an amazing wedding!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Dominique T

Timber Point isn't just great for the price, it's great period. I grew up in the area and was familiar with Timber Point and Lessings. When it came time to start visiting venues for our wedding I knew I wanted to visit a few of the Lessings properties. We first looked at... Read More Timber Point because of its reasonable price and the food which we knew was very good from family and friend accounts. We decided on Timber Point because it also had the low-key charm we were looking for, was on the water, had outdoor space and hosted just one event at a time. We also liked the many different add ons we could purchase. There's definitely pluses and minuses to having your wedding in a catering hall - you get a lot of services bundled together so you don't have to plan every little detail like renting plates and tables and such, but you also sometimes lose a bit of personalization that makes it your own. We were able to enhance the bar with special bottles of liquor like Titos and Maker's Mark, added a keg of hard cider and opted for a few cocktail and dessert hour enhancements that gave us guests more food options (though Timber Point is one of the more generous catering halls so even without the enhancements there definitely would have been more than enough food). We were also able to decorate the space with some special touches that our bridal attendant, Danielle, took care of. We worked with Maureen before the wedding, who always quickly responded to our emails and offered good advice on vendors and decorating ideas. A couple times I got overwhelmed with small details and timing and timelines and Maureen offered guidance that I was able to incorporate into our plans - incredibly helpful. On the day of the wedding, Julio took amazing care of us and our wedding party and parents. He kept things flowing so well and took care of any issue or problem that arose so quietly and efficiently, my husband and I called him "The Guest Whisperer." He made sure we got to eat, always had something to drink, and generally just watched out for us the whole night. He was amazing. The food was delicious as we knew it would be, and the bartenders made good stiff drinks which our friends loved. Family and friends told us it was some of the best food they had at a wedding (even had a co-worker say it was "exceptionally good" and I don't believe he was just blowing smoke) and the atmosphere was spot on. It's not an over the top place, but that's what we wanted and it was perfect. We had an amazing time, and when it was all done we wished we could turn the clock back and relive the day one more time. . We kind of want to crash a Timber Point wedding next fall so we can experience exactly what our guests experienced. If you're looking for a catering hall with some old-world charm and good solid food, we definitely recommend Timber Point.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 JENNIFER S

Wow!! It was the best day we could ever ask for. The place is set back, quaint, beautiful, serene, nature like away from the hustle & bustle. You are the only Bride there. You have access to the indoors and outdoors. Nice size dance floor, food was excellent. The staff was... Read More friendly and attentive. We would like to thank Maureen & Jake for making our day so special. This is a place we will visit every year around our anniversary. How many places can you say that about? My Husband and I would highly recommend this place:)

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Craig O

We had our wedding at Timber Point on 9/24/16 and it couldn't have gone better. From the moment you walk in the front door, you're brought back to a vintage era of class that you just rarely see nowadays. Beautiful hardwood floors, huge fireplaces, and a patio in the back with... Read More an amazing view of the property all the way down to the water. Maureen and Julio were the best and treated us like we were the only ones on their schedule. They provided everything that we needed and really made everything as easy as possible, from start to finish and they're just genuinely great people to work with. I can't overstate that. Even some last minute changes the week of the wedding were no problem. The food was 5 stars across the board, and all of our guests raved about it. Weeks later, we're still being told what a great wedding we had and how perfect everything was, and that has everything to do with Timber Point and their amazing staff. Anyone planning a wedding knows how stressful and hectic it can be, but Timber Point goes above and beyond to make the best day of your life a truly memorable one.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Jeanina E

EVERYTHING was absolutely amazing and perfect. The staff here at TImber Point literally go above and beyond to make sure your wedding is PERFECT! From the minute i first visited Timber Point, i knew this is the place we will be saying I DO. It is absolutely beautiful and has... Read More such a romantic and elegant feel to it. Exactly what I pictured for our wedding day. Timber Point has wood floors, outdoor patio and one wedding at a time, these were three main factors i wanted. Besides those three details, the staff here is the best. They really go above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect. We worked with Maureen and she is amazing. She was so prompt with answering emails and any question we had. The day of, they take your vision and make it a reality. Every little detail was impeccable. The minute i walked through the doors on my wedding day, every bit of anxiety i had went out the window. The place is STUNNING, the staff greeted me immediately and did not leave my side. The food was absolutely delicious!!!! Everyone is still talking about how amazing Timber Point is and how great the staff is. Julia (bridal attendant), Isais (Maitre'D), Julio and Maureen, I can not thank you guys enough for making our wedding day the BEST day ever. I highly recommend Timber Point to all future brides. If you want an elegant wedding with amazing food, great staff, extremely reasonable price per person, Timber Point is the place. Thank you again to Timber Point for making our wedding day one that we will never forget or have any regrets!!!! Love, Mr & Mrs Chris Encalada

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Heather L

Everything...EVERYTHING was perfect! The staff was amazing, the venue is gorgeous, the food was outstanding... I highly, highly recommend Timber Point. The venue... everyone has their own style, so you will *know* when you find the right venue. That was how I felt when I... Read More looked around Timber Point. Plenty of natural light, wood floors, a big fireplace -- I fell in love immediately. The food was incredible and I got tremendously positive feedback from all of my guests about the venue (food, staff, and the beauty of the place). The first person I met was Miriam. She is very sweet and was a pleasure to work with. When I met her, I hadn't put much of a budget together yet; I was feeling excited but definitely a bit overwhelmed... Miriam gave me helpful advice on everything. She answered all of my questions and more, she showed me plenty of pictures to give me inspiration for the big day (day wedding? night wedding? rustic theme or more modern?... I had no idea at this point), she even gave me suggestions on places to get beautiful decorations without overspending. More than anything, Miriam put my mind at ease at the start of my planning process when it feels like there's a million tasks to tackle. She can offer as much or as little advice as you need about planning your wedding while feeling like your talking to a friend rather than a salesperson. The staff... my Maitr' d was Jake, my bridal attendant was Gabby and the head of the floor staff was Matt. All three of them were outstanding. Jake got everyone lined up and where they needed to be, kept things running smoothly (as did Matt). Gabby was a superhero... not only was she making sure things were setup properly, but her or Jake were within arms distance at all times making sure we had everything we needed. During dessert I got chocolate on the bottom of my gown and she was there with club soda to clean it out within seconds. I can't say enough great things. I am so happy, my husband is so happy and our guests told us numerous times that it was one of the best weddings they've been to. Best wishes to you in your planning and your happily ever after :)

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Nicole B

Our Wedding was on 7.2.16 & I can't begin to explain how perfect it was. From the very beginning the process was so fun & every time we would go to Timber Point for planning, we'd get butterflies! Maureen was amazing at helping us to plan- from advising us on what add-ons were... Read More necessary/ unnecessary to helping as to add fun & personal DIY touches to our day to recommending great vendors. Julio & Monica were a delight the day of- they were both so professional & by the end of the night we felt like they were old friends. My guests seemed to really love the bartenders as well! From the beautiful rustic charm of the venue to the accommodating staff, I was recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Sara L

When we walked into the mansion we knew that would be the place we got married. It was beautiful and Maureen was so easy to work with. Planning was super simple, the staff answered all of my questions via email in a timely manner. The day of was absolutely perfect! Our Maitre... Read More D', Julio and our bridal attendant, Danielle, were absolutely amazing and attentive, not only to my husband and me but our parents and bridal party as well. Everyone raved about the food and the service. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Sabrina S

My husband and I got married at Timber Point May 20th. We had our ceremony on site and everything about the whole entire night was absolutely perfect. Working with Maureen up until the wedding and Julio and Danielle on our wedding night was amazing. They went above and beyond in... Read More every aspect and could not do enough for us. The venue, food and drinks were great! I left specific decorating instructions and everything was perfect.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Lauren M

We got married at Timber Point on June 3 and I couldn't have asked for anything more. The venue is the most beautiful of any that we visited and it was surprisingly affordable. Maureen was a pleasure to work with and was always available to answer my questions during the... Read More planning process. The staff, especially the maitre d and bridal attendant, made sure that things ran smothly and ensured that we had everything that we could want. Also, the food was amazing! I was so impressed with everything about this venue and we haven't stopped receiving complements from our guests.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Kristin D

I wanted to take the time to thank the Timber Point team for everything they did for us to make our wedding day a dream come true! We'd like to give a special thank you to our maître d' and bridal attendant for going above and beyond for us. They anticipated everything we could... Read More want and more to make sure the night was perfect. The maître d' not only attended to us the entire night, but our parents as well and I cannot say thank you enough for that. I would also like to give a special thank you to the wedding coordinator, Maureen, for helping us with all the planning leading up to the day. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and the staff at Timber Point played an enormous part in making that happen. I would highly recommend booking your wedding with them!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

We just got married at Timber Point on Saturday and everything was so perfect. Working with Maureen up until the wedding was great, she was so sweet and helpful. We had Julio and Monica the day of, and they were amazing. Everyone told us that we would be pulled in a million... Read More directions at our wedding but we did not feel that way at all. Julio and Monica brought us food at the cocktail hour at our own table on the patio so we could have time to ourselves while still being near all our guests which was really special, rather than being hidden away in the bridal suite. They ran everything so smoothly that we really were able to enjoy ourselves and didn't worry about anything at all. People have been asking me if our wedding was everything I wanted and I've been saying that it was way better than I expected, and I definitely have Timber Point to thank for that!!!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Gerianne D

My husband and I got married at Timber Point on Saturday, December 5, 2015. We cannot express enough how magical Timber Point made our wedding. All of our expectations were met and far exceeded. The dining room came together between the lighting, the fireplace, our... Read More centerpieces, the Christmas decorations and transformed into something so beautiful and elegant that words cannot describe. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We never in a million years could have imagined this outcome when we first stepped into the mansion and signed our contract. So many, if not all of our guests came up to Tommy and I and said it was one of the best weddings they have ever gone to. They raved about the food and the attention they received from the staff. We would 100% agree with them. There was never a moment that Tommy or I were not looked after by Julio and Miranda (bridal attendant, I think that was her name, ugh!). We felt like royalty! And thank you again for being able to get the Hofbrau Original (Miriam & Steve). All FOUR cases went! We highly recommend this venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Amanda O

My husband and I are very easy going people and we wanted a venue that matched our personalities. We wanted a venue that was one event at a time because we felt if we are spending this kind of money we should have a place to ourselves. Our banquet manager was Miriam and she was... Read More wonderful to work with from start to finish. She helped in suggesting vendors and decor ideas. We rented two heaters for the outside patio for cocktail hour and although we got very lucky with having such warm weather in November, I’m still glad we rented them. People were able to enjoy using the outside space throughout the whole night. We had Bruce as our matre de and he was great to work with. He made sure everything transitioned smoothly and made sure we had everything we needed. Nicolette was our bridal attendant and she was also great to work with. She bustled my dress in minutes which was a huge help because I had such a big train to work with. All of our decor we brought was displayed just as we had asked and everything was cleaned and boxed for us at the end of the night. The food was amazing we had guests texting us days after telling us how great the food was. We added on the hot pretzels at the end of the night which was a huge hit! Guests really enjoyed it as they left to go on the shuttle. Overall we had an amazing night and I really have no complaints whatsoever.

Beautiful ceremony & reception!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Caroline C

We are so thankful we found the Mansion at Timber Point for our wedding! We had an outdoor ceremony on the beautiful patio and an evening reception. Not only is the venue gorgeous, with a charm that few LI venues seems to have, but ALL of the staff seem to go above and beyond. I... Read More continued to be surprised and impressed by the helpful and attentive staff throughout the planning process and on my actual wedding day. Their professionalism and expertise made the planning process SO much easier. In particular, Miriam was absolutely amazing throughout the planning process. We met with her twice before deciding on Timber Point, and imagining our actual day there while looking at different pictures with Miriam was what helped us decide. They were so accommodating to all of our guests' dietary needs and ALL of our requests. On the day of the wedding, the maitre'd and bridal attendant were always present and helpful without feeling intruding. They made the wedding flow smoothly while reminding my husband and I to take a minute and look around, spend time with each other, etc. The food was also amazing! Our guests are still talking about it months later. We can't express how thankful we are to everyone at the Mansion at Timber Point for making our day as smooth and amazing as it was.

Meet The Coordinator

Maureen Hannigan

With 14 years in the adventures of wedding planning, life never gets boring. Her unique approach & attention to detail makes planning fun & easy while throwing away all notions of cookie cutter weddings. She delights in bringing out each couples personalities, sense of humor, individual style and favorite foods into the event. She believes the BEST weddings are the ones that leave your guests saying WOW - That was so them!