The Mansion at Timber Point

Great River, NY

The Mansion At Timber Point

Timber Point offers dramatic views of the Great South Bay providing a “Picture Perfect.” wedding day. Devoted to serving one wedding at a time, we can accommodate intimate or large affairs. Your guests can enjoy cocktails outdoors while taking in the views of the bay and the manicured estate.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

398 Great River Road, Great River, NY

It was a great night!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Linsey O

From the beginning it was an easy and pleasant experience. I was living in Pennsylvania while planning my wedding and super stressed about distance planning. Maureen was so helpful with everything we needed up until the end. Bruce was an EXCEPTIONAL maitre d' who catered to our... Read More every need! He was there whenever we needed him and took care of every minor detail before I could even think of it. We had a fantastic wedding and could not be more thankful!

Perfect Wedding Day!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Laura L

My husband and I saw about 10 venues before we decided on TP - once we walked inside we knew it was the perfect fit for us. We loved that TP had the intimate feel of a house and a natural setting on the Great South Bay. Miriam was our banquet manager - she was so sweet and... Read More accommodating! My mom did all the decorations herself and we had lots of unique touches, but Miriam helped our vision come to life and never said "No" to anything. Our maitre'd Jake and bridal attendant made my husband and I feel like a king and queen - they were attentive and made sure that everything ran smoothly. I couldn't believe how efficiently the staff worked! The guests still can not stop raving about how beautiful the venue was.

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Lauren D

the food was great the service was fabulous, the view was beautiful!! Julio was awesome-seriously the best! People loved the food-although the cake (after trying it at a showcase) was rather lackluster so they let us bring in a cake from elsewhere! We worked with Neal and he was... Read More super nice and flexible. The venue itself it amazing if you like a country club look. The only thing I didn't like was that I was dancing with my sister to a song that she mentioned in her speech that the band then started playing and I was pulled away to look at the room where the food was being set up. I think they just wanted to let me see it before everyone else got in, but honestly, dancing and enjoying my time with my sister and guest was more important. So just let them know before hand that you don't want to be bothered with little minute details if you're more into the experience. We had a full moon and the reflection off the great South Bay was stunning! Our guests really enjoyed themselves and so did we!!! Highly highly highly recommend!!!!

Beautiful ceremony & reception!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Caroline C

We are so thankful we found the Mansion at Timber Point for our wedding! We had an outdoor ceremony on the beautiful patio and an evening reception. Not only is the venue gorgeous, with a charm that few LI venues seems to have, but ALL of the staff seem to go above and beyond. I... Read More continued to be surprised and impressed by the helpful and attentive staff throughout the planning process and on my actual wedding day. Their professionalism and expertise made the planning process SO much easier. In particular, Miriam was absolutely amazing throughout the planning process. We met with her twice before deciding on Timber Point, and imagining our actual day there while looking at different pictures with Miriam was what helped us decide. They were so accommodating to all of our guests' dietary needs and ALL of our requests. On the day of the wedding, the maitre'd and bridal attendant were always present and helpful without feeling intruding. They made the wedding flow smoothly while reminding my husband and I to take a minute and look around, spend time with each other, etc. The food was also amazing! Our guests are still talking about it months later. We can't express how thankful we are to everyone at the Mansion at Timber Point for making our day as smooth and amazing as it was.

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

What a fabulous Experience. The food was excellent, the place is beautiful, and the staff was wonderful and the service beyond expectation. I would recommend this property to anyone.

What a wonderful Wedding venue

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Michelle G

We had our Wedding there late August. We looked at many venues in Suffolk and Timber Point was by far the best value for quality and scenery. One Wedding at a time is also awesome. The site is beautiful and Mansion is charming. All the staff were fantastic, the food was great,... Read More and everything went as planned. The bridal attendant and maitre d' were also fantastic, they made sure we had plenty of food and got us samples of everything from cocktail hour. We are still getting so many wonderful complements about how nice everything there was, how good the food was, and how pretty it was. We are very happy we went with Timber Point.

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Sara G

Walking into our wedding reception at Timber Point made me sigh in relief and happiness. It was the perfect setting for our summer wedding -- complete with simple yet elegant decor, gorgeous outdoor space for our cocktail hour, and a layout that allowed for my husband and I to... Read More comfortably celebrate with each and every one of our guests. Despite a disappointing initial tasting, we and our guests were very happy with the delicious food, (as promised!). Bruce and his staff made a noticeable effort to ensure that my husband and I were happy, that our parents were taken care of, and that guests had everything they needed. Four stars out of five due to some constructive feedback -- Miriam is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. That said, throughout planning, we found that most requests were first met with some form of push back before a resolution was reached. I'd encourage Miriam to rework her approach in this area, as it made us concerned leading up to the big day. Luckily, everything was beautiful, as she promised, and numerous guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended. My husband and I would recommend Timber Point to all couples looking for a truly special celebration.

Fantastic food, setting and service

Reviewed on 4/27/2015

What can I say! Our daughter's wedding at Mansion at Timber Point was perfect....from the planning with Miriam to the exquisite management by Julio the Maitre D', the attention to detail by the on site wedding planner...the food and martini bar, the beauty of the ball room and... Read More grand entrance...many guests were highly complimentary! This was great! Chantal, mother of the Bride, Stephanie.

Post party

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Stephanie P

This was one of the first places I had looked into when I began my planning process. We overlooked it at first...but I'm so glad this was our final decision. The venue itself is lovely. The atmosphere inside is very warm and comforting to me. Our ceremony was held Indoors... Read More (as it was February...and snowing) in front of a lit fireplace. (Ambiance on point.) People raved about the food (I had some, but not everything because I was so amped about he day that I had no appetite). We tasted the entrees previously and LOVED them. The buerre rouge sauce for the salmon is awesome. We opted for some extra beers, the decadent dessert package and the egg sandwich/OJ bar to finish the night. (Egg sandwiches: best decision ever). Miriam also threw in coffee/cordial bar & hot pretzels as a bonus. Thank you so much! Our guests had a great time. We had a great time. We had great help from the moment we started straight through to the end. (Shoutout to Miriam, Steve and my bridal attendant--I don't want to mess up her name :( )-- Nicolette?

Reviewed on 3/15/2015 Robin

Everything about our wedding was perfect. Neal and his whole team were so wonderful and it was obvious they really love what they do. Jonathan was our maitre d and he was incredible. He even brought me ibuprofen when I had a headache. Every time we turned around he was there to... Read More help. I would recommend this venue to anyone. I would also recommend all of the vendors that they use. Everyone at our wedding said it was the best wedding they ever attended.

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 2/07/2015 Catherine C

My husband and I were married at Timber Point in December 2014. We literally could not have asked for anything to have gone more smoothly! Miriam was incredible to work with during the planning process, especially since we live in NC and were only up in NY 3 times between... Read More selecting the venue and our actual wedding. She made time for us even on days when she had other weddings to plan, and was always accessible via email, text or phone call. On the actual day, Julio our maitre'd and Angela, the bridal attendant, were AMAZING! The room looked even better than we had pictured. The day went smoothly from our arrival to first look to bridal party pictures to the ceremony to cocktail hour to reception to after party, Timber Point did not miss a beat. All ages had a blast from my cousin's two-year-old son, to my 96 year-old Noni. The food was outstanding and honestly, the only thing we would change would be to go back and do the whole day over again. I can't say enough positive about the whole team and would recommend anyone whole-heartedly to choose Timber Point for their wedding!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Meghan F

I got married in October of 2012 and Timber Point was absolutely wonderful! The staff was superb and tended to myself and my guests needs so well. My husband and I were never without a drink or food and the bridal attendant waited on me hand and foot... not to mention I've never... Read More seen someone bustle a dress so quickly! Our guests still rave about the food and the amount. I highly recommend Timber Point!

Overall a great day!

Reviewed on 1/01/2015 Jenna L

My husband and I booked Timber Point pretty much on the spot - my mom had prelooked at one other place for me since I was studying for a big exam and unable to but my mind was sold on Timber Point. We met with Neal who my dad absolutely loved and he was very knowledgeable and... Read More able to answer all my questions including some crazy ones! He was very easy to get in touch with through email and honestly never seemed bothered by any of my questions or millions of emails which is a nice quality. He was always willing to work with us with meetings as my husband and i have pretty conflicting work schedules. The week of, you bring in all the items you want displayed at the venues with list of instructions on how you want them done. Some of them i didn't honestly know until I had the items there with me at the venue so Neil allowed me some time to place the items where we wanted them and then write them down. Day of, the food was great- we loved the strip steak and mahi mahi the best out of the entrees- as bride and groom you get to try them all! Cocktail hour we didn't get to enjoy as much of because we were doing pictures but Julio who was our matri'd made sure plates were upstairs for us to enjoy which was really nice- the guests seemed to enjoy it and we lucked out with our day because we were able to have it outside. Julio was really sweet and available to anything we needed we didn't have to even blink and we had what we needed. He kept everyone going and where they needed to be at all times. The drinks and bartenders were all great- it's kind of hard at your own wedding to really enjoy the drinks because you're constantly getting pulled but we still managed to really enjoy whatever drinks we had and all the guests enjoyed them too. The Viennese hour with icecream bar was also great but again we were pulled so we couldn't enjoy it as much. They made sure to package up each of the treats though so we did enjoy it afterwards! It was such a beautiful venue and all the guests could not get over the view for the ceremony. You looked out and you could see the entire great south bay. Our photographer took us all the way down to the edge of the course and we were able to get some really beautiful pictures by the water which truly made our day. The only comment I would make is regarding the bridal attendant I had, Andrea. She was nice enough, I suppose, however i was later told she was not nice to one of our guests and she did not bustle my wedding dress right causing it to constantly come undone. one of my guests was finally able to bustle it correctly for me but it should not have been an issue I feel like. Other than that, Timber Point was an amazing place to get married and I would chose it all over again.

Awesome Venue

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Nicole K

When i first walked into this venue, i fell in love. It has a natural warmth to it i haven't felt in many other places we looked. The bridal coordinator was so easy to work with. Our Maitre D & bridal attendant the day of were incredibly attentive and helpful. The whole... Read More staff made our day that much more memorable with their professionalism and positive attitude. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Best day of our lives at Timber Point!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Cait G

We had the absolute best day of our lives on our wedding day at Timber Point. Miriam was incredibly wonderful and helpful in the planning process and especially patient in communicating with and accommodating the requests of my father. Steve ran the show the day of the wedding... Read More and was AWESOME. The food was abundant and DELICIOUS. Everyone in attendance had such a great time, ESPECIALLY us (the bride and groom) and our entire wedding party. I hope to have a friend get married here in the future so that I can attend another wedding at Timber Point... our night just went by way too fast! We had everything at Timber Point including our pictures and our ceremony, which I had reservations about (fitting all of our 220 guests on the back deck for the ceremony), meanwhile we fit perfectly, there was plenty of room for all of our guests and our LARGE wedding parties, and the ceremony on the back deck underneath the pergola, with the beautiful lawn and water on the horizon... it truly is a memory that I know will live forever in our hearts. Couldn't ask for anything better! THANK YOU MIRIAM AND STEVE AND THE ENTIRE STAFF OF TIMBER POINT FOR THE BEST DAY AND BEST PARTY OF OUR LIVES.

Perfect day

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Elizabeth C

My husband and I were married at Timber Point June 6th and I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful place! We visited a lot of Lessings venues and other comparable venues on Long Island, but we fell in love with TP as soon as we walked in. It's a older venue with a... Read More lot of vintage charm, without being run-down like a lot of other similar venues. We worked with Miriam throughout the process and she was absolutely wonderful. She was so helpful, helping me pick vendors, giving me honest advice and helping me get the best deals. She was always so quick to get back to my emails, which a bride appreciates! We got married on a Friday, which I highly recommend because you are the only event of the day and can show up as early as you want. We also got married outside at the venue (which is a gorgeous setting with the water in the background) with a family member that is a priest, and the ceremony was beautiful and seamlessly run by TP. Venue - The mansion is gorgeous and feels so cozy, like you are at someone's beautiful old home. I loved the fireplaces and the decor (I've seen it decorated for Christmas - sooo beautiful). I also loved that the dance floor in the corner is HUGE! Food - Phenomenal, I am still getting comments on how great the food was. Definitely the best I've ever had at a wedding. Staff - Everyone is wonderful. They do a great job so you really have nothing to worry about! Price - compared to other venues the price was very reasonable, and Miriam worked with me on our budget. We also had an after party at the pub afterwards which was awesome! And we had our rehearsal dinner at the Three Village Inn, and we got 10% off since we were having our wedding at a Lessings venue. Thank you TP for giving us the most perfect day we could have ever imagined!

All smiles!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Joanna C

Our wedding day was a dream come true! From the second we saw Timber Point we knew we wanted to get married there! We had both our ceremony and reception there and both were great! The ceremony was set up outside overlooking the green. It was beautiful! The cocktail hour and... Read More reception were also great! Everyone commented on how delicious the food was and how professional the service was! The great thing about Timber Point is you are the only wedding there! You feel like you are in your own mansion for the night! Miriam was our wedding coordinator and was absolutely WONDERFUL! She has such a warm way about her that makes you feel completely at ease with all of your decisions. I can not think of anything I would change about our wedding at Timber Point. It was perfect!

Our Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Jennifer F

My husband and I got married at Timber Point in August, and they did such an amazing job. They exceeded our expectations and made our wedding even better than we could have imagined. The wedding coordinator, Miriam, was so helpful and amazing to work with. We were planning... Read More our wedding from out of state, and she was easily accessible to us through phone and email and accommodated our schedules to meet with us any time we traveled to New York or to answer any questions or concerns that we had. Miriam also helped with making recommendations that coordinated well with our theme and wedding colors, and she had such good ideas to help make our wedding perfect. Our bridal attendant, Nico, and our maitre-d, Jake, were amazing!!! They made sure that we had anything we could have needed throughout the entire night. They also made immediate changes to a few of our decorations that we wanted switched around. We had initially not asked for table cloths on the outdoor cocktail hour tables, but when we arrived at the venue we decided that we did want them. The change was made instantly! We could not have asked for a better wedding, and our friends and family are still raving about how great the food, service, and atmosphere was. Also, the view from the outdoor patio was GORGEOUS and having perfect weather on our wedding day made it even better!!! Thank you to all the staff at Timber Point for making our wedding day perfect. We will have amazing memories that will last a lifetime!

A wonderful experience from start to finish

Reviewed on 1/17/2014 Christine B

My husband and I paid for our own wedding, so the price was important to us, as we didn't want to dig ourselves a hole for ONE day! The Mansion at Timber Point was reasonably priced and was willing to work with us. The wedding coordinators are extremely responsive, which made... Read More planning a breeze. In the end, the service on our wedding day took the cake! Our maitre'd Jake and my bridal attendant Jolene were AMAZING! From executing my itemized list (of over 20 different DIYs to be put out) beyond my vision to simply making sure myself, my husband and our parents ate, and never had an empty drink in hand. Our guests are still calling and raving about the food and the service. Our one regret was being suckered into tenting the back patio (we had a winter wedding). After being convinced that our party would not fit in the cocktail room (we had 176), we dished out extra money to tent the patio. In the end, maybe 20 of our 176 guests even utilized it, mostly smokers. Overall, I highly recommend!

I would give more stars if I could!

Reviewed on 12/18/2013 Lola Y

I cannot say enough good things about Timber Point and Lessings! I worked with Miriam to set up the wedding. She was amazing! So sweet and helpful and made me feel so at ease and relaxed about the whole thing. She even came to the venue the night of the wedding when it was her... Read More day off just to see us and make sure everything was going well. I was floored. Plus as a special surprise, she made sure to have the Mansion decorated for Christmas when our wedding was the day after Thanksgiving! I couldn't believe it! Our MC, Steve, and Bridal attendant, Paola, were incredible! They were so attentive to everything we needed! Our drinks were always fresh and they were on top of things before we even had to ask. I had some trouble with my bustle throughout the night and Paola was always on top of it trying to fix it. I don't think any of my bridesmaids ever touched my bustle because Paola was just that attentive to me! Both Paola and Steve were so fun and really did everything they could to make the day run smoothly and take the best care of the wedding party. Another thing that deserves mention is that the food was fantastic! I got so many compliments on it. When you have a big Italian family, the food is very important and Lessings exceeded my expectations! Plus, Steve made sure to bring my husband and I each of the three dinner options we chose as well as pack some dinners for us to bring home at the end of the night! I could go on and on about how amazing everything was. The venue was beautiful and the staff at Timber Point were so professional, friendly, capable, and attentive. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone!

2013-12-19T15:16:32 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that your big day was exactly how you envisioned it! Hearing a story like yours is what reassures us that we made your big day special. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with at Timber Point. Please stay in... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Venue, Dissappointing Coordinator

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Stephanie U

I booked this venue for my October wedding 2 years before my wedding date. The wedding coordinator Miriam was extremely friendly and helpful, at least in the beginning. As the wedding started to get closer I would send her emails with a list of questions and she would answer one... Read More or two of them, with no mention of getting back to me with the other answers. We planned something that was much bigger then anything they usually hold at this venue, and Miriam was more then happy to throw out ideas to help us make the day go on without a hitch, including helping us schedule the timing of the set up of the event. Four days before the wedding we got a call from our florist, not the venue, telling us that there was another party planned for the day of the wedding, and that we would not be able to get into the space until 45 minutes before the wedding was called to start. We had been working with Miriam for months, constantly checking if there was another event before ours so that we could accommodate the time constraint. She constantly told us there was nothing booked. When we confronted her about the timing issue, which she had promised us wouldn't happen, she had no recollection of assuring us this wouldn't be a problem. She made no apology for the mix up and only came up with a solution at the suggestion of our florist. Despite all the set backs with Miriam, the wedding was amazing. The Maitre'd, Jake, was an angel. We had met him previously while we were getting some dimensions of the room. He stayed with us for an hour answering any and every question we had. We requested him for the wedding, and I am glad we did. He was perfect. He was on top of everything, constantly checking with my husband, parents, in-laws, and myself to see if we needed anything. He was extremely friendly, always had a smile on his face, and made sure we did too. He made sure we were enjoying ourselves and not overwhelmed by anything. Even a month later I still get compliments about how great he was from my in-laws. The food was delicious, which was a pleasant surprise. When we went for our tasting we were extremely underwhelmed. The food was very dry and very salty. We expressed our concern, and that was when Miriam informed us that this was not their normal chef. On the day of the wedding, the food was delicious. Everything was moist and flavorful. When we went around the room, most people had finished everything on their plate. The kitchen was very accommodating with having vegetarian options and providing a tasty gluten free option for my mother-in-law and maid of honor. They were also great accommodating my nut allergy and made sure that there were no nuts in anything served that evening. In order to get all the pictures that we wanted we decided to do the pictures before the wedding. They were not very accommodating with this request. The venue is on a golf course, and we were not able to take any pictures on their course. Overall I was extremely pleased with my wedding, and the staff there. But, I could have done without the extra headache Miriam threw at us a few short days before the wedding. Luckily, the other day-of event staff at Timber Point were better then I could have hoped for, from the waitstaff to the kitchen, they were great.

Excellent service-Beautiful location

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Mary Ellen S

I was very pleased with everything about Timber Point. I loved working with Miriam. She was so professional, and very friendly. She worked with me on every detail and was very accomodating. She made sure all the landscaping looked fresh and even personally changed out the... Read More flowers in the arbor for fresh fall ones. I can't say enough about how wonderful it was to deal with Miriam. The day of the wedding the staff was so professional and served the meals in a style where all guests at that table were served at the same time. Jason, our Maitre D, took care of us so well, he treated us like royality. Everything flowed beautifully due to the staff at Timber Point.

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Dawn D

The Lessing's Mansion at Timber Point was the right wedding venue for us. We looked at about 10 places before booking with them so by that point we really knew what we wanted and to look for. The biggest thing we wanted was the ability to have our 2 golden retrievers at the... Read More ceremony, so obviously it would have to be outdoors. I loved how the the mansion has a nice size outdoor patio facing the Great South Bay, and a beautiful pergola where the alter would be. And since all of the other venues we looked at prior didn't have the "right" backup plan for us in case of inclement weather, we would've had to move the ceremony indoors - which meant no doggies. That was a deal breaker for us. The mansion has a huge tent outdoors that would've accommodated the ceremony beautifully AND still allow our precious pups to be there. So that's really how my husband and I decided to book with Timber Point. But luckily the weather on our special day was beyond gorgeous. The price per person was very good compared to other places we looked, and the food was awesome!!! The maitre D (we had Jacob) and bridal attendant (oops, forgot her name) were great. Very attentive. We didn't have to worry about a single thing. They set everything up just as we wanted and our special day couldn't have gone any better! Thank you Timber Point!!!

Jason rocked my world!!!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Jodi T

There are pros and cons for having your event here. The pros outweighed the cons for us which is why we went with it and am so glad we did! The cons: ~The room set up doesn't allow for the dance floor anywhere except in the corner. This meant anyone wanting to see what was... Read More going on HAD to leave their seats. A lot of our guests didn't do so. So we missed out in having a lot of people in our pictures. ~The bridal suite is on the small size. If you have a large bridal party, it gets a little cramped everyone getting ready in it. ~If there is bad weather, there are only so many places for pictures/video. We couldn't get much video downstairs while they were setting up because it was too noisy. ~People had to go through the reception room in order to get to the ceremon outside. While it didn't matter too much to me, other brides may want the set up to be more of a surprise. Pros: ~Jason was the best Matre' D EVER!!!!! There were a few issues the day of that we never even knew of until after the fact and after he took care of it. He even went out of his way to go find us the mead that was promised to us. He even came up with a few surprises for us (me). Apparently my husband was in on the surprise and couldn't wait to see my reaction! He was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. So wonderful to work with and I can't thank him enough. ~One wedding at a time. We had the Sunday twilight wedding, there was nobody before us and nobody after us and let me tell you.... it was WONDERFUL not worrying about another party going on and hearing their music or having people we don't know walking into our party or our guests walking off. ~Everyone was ranting and raving about the food. It tasted WONDERFUL!!!! They gave us a plate of each of the dinner options to share between me and my husband and gave us 2 steaks to take home that night. ~It is a Lessing's company and they hold up to everything that is in that name. The service was great, decoration was wonderful, worked with us with anything we asked. Couldn't ask for more

An amazing venue and backdrop for a summer wedding

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Corene N

We fell in love the minute we walked through the doors. Even though it was January we could still envision what our June wedding would look like. The garden in full bloom. The arbor with flowers and tulle where we would say our vows. The breathtaking views of LI Sound. On... Read More June 23rd the vision came to life. Not one thing was out of place. They had new wood floors throughout and new tents in the back for shade. It was even better than when we had fallen in love! Walking in our guests were treated to Champagne with strawberries or sparking cider for the ceremony. Our placecards were done on Ghiradelli chocolates, which our attendant put out on a table in the shape of a heart with candles all around. The cake table was exquisite with the cake surrounded by votives in all different shape and size jars. The bridal attendant, the Maitre D and all the staff were so kind and helpful. I never had to ask for a drink, I turned around and it was handed to me. The bridal suite had everything I would ever need in case I forgot something. A selection of beverages were brought up and we had breakfast brought up for the children in the bridal party before the wedding. If you want to feel and be treated special on your wedding day, this is the place. One wedding at a time. You are their only concern and they let you know it.