The Mansion at Timber Point

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

398 Great River Road, Great River, NY

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Craig O

We had our wedding at Timber Point on 9/24/16 and it couldn't have gone better. From the moment you walk in the front door, you're brought back to a vintage era of class that you just rarely see nowadays. Beautiful hardwood floors, huge fireplaces, and a patio in the back with... Read More an amazing view of the property all the way down to the water. Maureen and Julio were the best and treated us like we were the only ones on their schedule. They provided everything that we needed and really made everything as easy as possible, from start to finish and they're just genuinely great people to work with. I can't overstate that. Even some last minute changes the week of the wedding were no problem. The food was 5 stars across the board, and all of our guests raved about it. Weeks later, we're still being told what a great wedding we had and how perfect everything was, and that has everything to do with Timber Point and their amazing staff. Anyone planning a wedding knows how stressful and hectic it can be, but Timber Point goes above and beyond to make the best day of your life a truly memorable one.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Jeanina E

EVERYTHING was absolutely amazing and perfect. The staff here at TImber Point literally go above and beyond to make sure your wedding is PERFECT! From the minute i first visited Timber Point, i knew this is the place we will be saying I DO. It is absolutely beautiful and has... Read More such a romantic and elegant feel to it. Exactly what I pictured for our wedding day. Timber Point has wood floors, outdoor patio and one wedding at a time, these were three main factors i wanted. Besides those three details, the staff here is the best. They really go above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect. We worked with Maureen and she is amazing. She was so prompt with answering emails and any question we had. The day of, they take your vision and make it a reality. Every little detail was impeccable. The minute i walked through the doors on my wedding day, every bit of anxiety i had went out the window. The place is STUNNING, the staff greeted me immediately and did not leave my side. The food was absolutely delicious!!!! Everyone is still talking about how amazing Timber Point is and how great the staff is. Julia (bridal attendant), Isais (Maitre'D), Julio and Maureen, I can not thank you guys enough for making our wedding day the BEST day ever. I highly recommend Timber Point to all future brides. If you want an elegant wedding with amazing food, great staff, extremely reasonable price per person, Timber Point is the place. Thank you again to Timber Point for making our wedding day one that we will never forget or have any regrets!!!! Love, Mr & Mrs Chris Encalada

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Heather L

Everything...EVERYTHING was perfect! The staff was amazing, the venue is gorgeous, the food was outstanding... I highly, highly recommend Timber Point. The venue... everyone has their own style, so you will *know* when you find the right venue. That was how I felt when I... Read More looked around Timber Point. Plenty of natural light, wood floors, a big fireplace -- I fell in love immediately. The food was incredible and I got tremendously positive feedback from all of my guests about the venue (food, staff, and the beauty of the place). The first person I met was Miriam. She is very sweet and was a pleasure to work with. When I met her, I hadn't put much of a budget together yet; I was feeling excited but definitely a bit overwhelmed... Miriam gave me helpful advice on everything. She answered all of my questions and more, she showed me plenty of pictures to give me inspiration for the big day (day wedding? night wedding? rustic theme or more modern?... I had no idea at this point), she even gave me suggestions on places to get beautiful decorations without overspending. More than anything, Miriam put my mind at ease at the start of my planning process when it feels like there's a million tasks to tackle. She can offer as much or as little advice as you need about planning your wedding while feeling like your talking to a friend rather than a salesperson. The staff... my Maitr' d was Jake, my bridal attendant was Gabby and the head of the floor staff was Matt. All three of them were outstanding. Jake got everyone lined up and where they needed to be, kept things running smoothly (as did Matt). Gabby was a superhero... not only was she making sure things were setup properly, but her or Jake were within arms distance at all times making sure we had everything we needed. During dessert I got chocolate on the bottom of my gown and she was there with club soda to clean it out within seconds. I can't say enough great things. I am so happy, my husband is so happy and our guests told us numerous times that it was one of the best weddings they've been to. Best wishes to you in your planning and your happily ever after :)

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Nicole B

Our Wedding was on 7.2.16 & I can't begin to explain how perfect it was. From the very beginning the process was so fun & every time we would go to Timber Point for planning, we'd get butterflies! Maureen was amazing at helping us to plan- from advising us on what add-ons were... Read More necessary/ unnecessary to helping as to add fun & personal DIY touches to our day to recommending great vendors. Julio & Monica were a delight the day of- they were both so professional & by the end of the night we felt like they were old friends. My guests seemed to really love the bartenders as well! From the beautiful rustic charm of the venue to the accommodating staff, I was recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Sara L

When we walked into the mansion we knew that would be the place we got married. It was beautiful and Maureen was so easy to work with. Planning was super simple, the staff answered all of my questions via email in a timely manner. The day of was absolutely perfect! Our Maitre... Read More D', Julio and our bridal attendant, Danielle, were absolutely amazing and attentive, not only to my husband and me but our parents and bridal party as well. Everyone raved about the food and the service. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Sabrina S

My husband and I got married at Timber Point May 20th. We had our ceremony on site and everything about the whole entire night was absolutely perfect. Working with Maureen up until the wedding and Julio and Danielle on our wedding night was amazing. They went above and beyond in... Read More every aspect and could not do enough for us. The venue, food and drinks were great! I left specific decorating instructions and everything was perfect.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Lauren M

We got married at Timber Point on June 3 and I couldn't have asked for anything more. The venue is the most beautiful of any that we visited and it was surprisingly affordable. Maureen was a pleasure to work with and was always available to answer my questions during the... Read More planning process. The staff, especially the maitre d and bridal attendant, made sure that things ran smothly and ensured that we had everything that we could want. Also, the food was amazing! I was so impressed with everything about this venue and we haven't stopped receiving complements from our guests.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Kristin D

I wanted to take the time to thank the Timber Point team for everything they did for us to make our wedding day a dream come true! We'd like to give a special thank you to our maître d' and bridal attendant for going above and beyond for us. They anticipated everything we could... Read More want and more to make sure the night was perfect. The maître d' not only attended to us the entire night, but our parents as well and I cannot say thank you enough for that. I would also like to give a special thank you to the wedding coordinator, Maureen, for helping us with all the planning leading up to the day. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and the staff at Timber Point played an enormous part in making that happen. I would highly recommend booking your wedding with them!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

We just got married at Timber Point on Saturday and everything was so perfect. Working with Maureen up until the wedding was great, she was so sweet and helpful. We had Julio and Monica the day of, and they were amazing. Everyone told us that we would be pulled in a million... Read More directions at our wedding but we did not feel that way at all. Julio and Monica brought us food at the cocktail hour at our own table on the patio so we could have time to ourselves while still being near all our guests which was really special, rather than being hidden away in the bridal suite. They ran everything so smoothly that we really were able to enjoy ourselves and didn't worry about anything at all. People have been asking me if our wedding was everything I wanted and I've been saying that it was way better than I expected, and I definitely have Timber Point to thank for that!!!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Gerianne D

My husband and I got married at Timber Point on Saturday, December 5, 2015. We cannot express enough how magical Timber Point made our wedding. All of our expectations were met and far exceeded. The dining room came together between the lighting, the fireplace, our... Read More centerpieces, the Christmas decorations and transformed into something so beautiful and elegant that words cannot describe. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We never in a million years could have imagined this outcome when we first stepped into the mansion and signed our contract. So many, if not all of our guests came up to Tommy and I and said it was one of the best weddings they have ever gone to. They raved about the food and the attention they received from the staff. We would 100% agree with them. There was never a moment that Tommy or I were not looked after by Julio and Miranda (bridal attendant, I think that was her name, ugh!). We felt like royalty! And thank you again for being able to get the Hofbrau Original (Miriam & Steve). All FOUR cases went! We highly recommend this venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Amanda O

My husband and I are very easy going people and we wanted a venue that matched our personalities. We wanted a venue that was one event at a time because we felt if we are spending this kind of money we should have a place to ourselves. Our banquet manager was Miriam and she was... Read More wonderful to work with from start to finish. She helped in suggesting vendors and decor ideas. We rented two heaters for the outside patio for cocktail hour and although we got very lucky with having such warm weather in November, I’m still glad we rented them. People were able to enjoy using the outside space throughout the whole night. We had Bruce as our matre de and he was great to work with. He made sure everything transitioned smoothly and made sure we had everything we needed. Nicolette was our bridal attendant and she was also great to work with. She bustled my dress in minutes which was a huge help because I had such a big train to work with. All of our decor we brought was displayed just as we had asked and everything was cleaned and boxed for us at the end of the night. The food was amazing we had guests texting us days after telling us how great the food was. We added on the hot pretzels at the end of the night which was a huge hit! Guests really enjoyed it as they left to go on the shuttle. Overall we had an amazing night and I really have no complaints whatsoever.

Beautiful ceremony & reception!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Caroline C

We are so thankful we found the Mansion at Timber Point for our wedding! We had an outdoor ceremony on the beautiful patio and an evening reception. Not only is the venue gorgeous, with a charm that few LI venues seems to have, but ALL of the staff seem to go above and beyond. I... Read More continued to be surprised and impressed by the helpful and attentive staff throughout the planning process and on my actual wedding day. Their professionalism and expertise made the planning process SO much easier. In particular, Miriam was absolutely amazing throughout the planning process. We met with her twice before deciding on Timber Point, and imagining our actual day there while looking at different pictures with Miriam was what helped us decide. They were so accommodating to all of our guests' dietary needs and ALL of our requests. On the day of the wedding, the maitre'd and bridal attendant were always present and helpful without feeling intruding. They made the wedding flow smoothly while reminding my husband and I to take a minute and look around, spend time with each other, etc. The food was also amazing! Our guests are still talking about it months later. We can't express how thankful we are to everyone at the Mansion at Timber Point for making our day as smooth and amazing as it was.

It was a great night!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Linsey O

From the beginning it was an easy and pleasant experience. I was living in Pennsylvania while planning my wedding and super stressed about distance planning. Maureen was so helpful with everything we needed up until the end. Bruce was an EXCEPTIONAL maitre d' who catered to our... Read More every need! He was there whenever we needed him and took care of every minor detail before I could even think of it. We had a fantastic wedding and could not be more thankful!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

What a fabulous Experience. The food was excellent, the place is beautiful, and the staff was wonderful and the service beyond expectation. I would recommend this property to anyone.

Perfect Wedding Day!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Laura L

My husband and I saw about 10 venues before we decided on TP - once we walked inside we knew it was the perfect fit for us. We loved that TP had the intimate feel of a house and a natural setting on the Great South Bay. Miriam was our banquet manager - she was so sweet and... Read More accommodating! My mom did all the decorations herself and we had lots of unique touches, but Miriam helped our vision come to life and never said "No" to anything. Our maitre'd Jake and bridal attendant made my husband and I feel like a king and queen - they were attentive and made sure that everything ran smoothly. I couldn't believe how efficiently the staff worked! The guests still can not stop raving about how beautiful the venue was.

What a wonderful Wedding venue

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Michelle G

We had our Wedding there late August. We looked at many venues in Suffolk and Timber Point was by far the best value for quality and scenery. One Wedding at a time is also awesome. The site is beautiful and Mansion is charming. All the staff were fantastic, the food was great,... Read More and everything went as planned. The bridal attendant and maitre d' were also fantastic, they made sure we had plenty of food and got us samples of everything from cocktail hour. We are still getting so many wonderful complements about how nice everything there was, how good the food was, and how pretty it was. We are very happy we went with Timber Point.

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Sara G

Walking into our wedding reception at Timber Point made me sigh in relief and happiness. It was the perfect setting for our summer wedding -- complete with simple yet elegant decor, gorgeous outdoor space for our cocktail hour, and a layout that allowed for my husband and I to... Read More comfortably celebrate with each and every one of our guests. Despite a disappointing initial tasting, we and our guests were very happy with the delicious food, (as promised!). Bruce and his staff made a noticeable effort to ensure that my husband and I were happy, that our parents were taken care of, and that guests had everything they needed. Four stars out of five due to some constructive feedback -- Miriam is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. That said, throughout planning, we found that most requests were first met with some form of push back before a resolution was reached. I'd encourage Miriam to rework her approach in this area, as it made us concerned leading up to the big day. Luckily, everything was beautiful, as she promised, and numerous guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended. My husband and I would recommend Timber Point to all couples looking for a truly special celebration.

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Lauren D

the food was great the service was fabulous, the view was beautiful!! Julio was awesome-seriously the best! People loved the food-although the cake (after trying it at a showcase) was rather lackluster so they let us bring in a cake from elsewhere! We worked with Neal and he was... Read More super nice and flexible. The venue itself it amazing if you like a country club look. The only thing I didn't like was that I was dancing with my sister to a song that she mentioned in her speech that the band then started playing and I was pulled away to look at the room where the food was being set up. I think they just wanted to let me see it before everyone else got in, but honestly, dancing and enjoying my time with my sister and guest was more important. So just let them know before hand that you don't want to be bothered with little minute details if you're more into the experience. We had a full moon and the reflection off the great South Bay was stunning! Our guests really enjoyed themselves and so did we!!! Highly highly highly recommend!!!!

Fantastic food, setting and service

Reviewed on 4/27/2015

What can I say! Our daughter's wedding at Mansion at Timber Point was perfect....from the planning with Miriam to the exquisite management by Julio the Maitre D', the attention to detail by the on site wedding planner...the food and martini bar, the beauty of the ball room and... Read More grand entrance...many guests were highly complimentary! This was great! Chantal, mother of the Bride, Stephanie.

Book @ Timber Point!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015

I just recently got married here on March 28th, 2015. It was incredible......from the food, to the staff, to the atmosphere. It fit me and my husband perfectly! I recommend this venue to everyone. They were willing to work with us when we had suggestions that were a little off... Read More the beaten path, and they were on top of everything the day of. I wish I could do it all again, we had so much fun!

Post party

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Stephanie P

This was one of the first places I had looked into when I began my planning process. We overlooked it at first...but I'm so glad this was our final decision. The venue itself is lovely. The atmosphere inside is very warm and comforting to me. Our ceremony was held Indoors... Read More (as it was February...and snowing) in front of a lit fireplace. (Ambiance on point.) People raved about the food (I had some, but not everything because I was so amped about he day that I had no appetite). We tasted the entrees previously and LOVED them. The buerre rouge sauce for the salmon is awesome. We opted for some extra beers, the decadent dessert package and the egg sandwich/OJ bar to finish the night. (Egg sandwiches: best decision ever). Miriam also threw in coffee/cordial bar & hot pretzels as a bonus. Thank you so much! Our guests had a great time. We had a great time. We had great help from the moment we started straight through to the end. (Shoutout to Miriam, Steve and my bridal attendant--I don't want to mess up her name :( )-- Nicolette?

Reviewed on 3/15/2015 Robin

Everything about our wedding was perfect. Neal and his whole team were so wonderful and it was obvious they really love what they do. Jonathan was our maitre d and he was incredible. He even brought me ibuprofen when I had a headache. Every time we turned around he was there to... Read More help. I would recommend this venue to anyone. I would also recommend all of the vendors that they use. Everyone at our wedding said it was the best wedding they ever attended.

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 2/07/2015 Catherine C

My husband and I were married at Timber Point in December 2014. We literally could not have asked for anything to have gone more smoothly! Miriam was incredible to work with during the planning process, especially since we live in NC and were only up in NY 3 times between... Read More selecting the venue and our actual wedding. She made time for us even on days when she had other weddings to plan, and was always accessible via email, text or phone call. On the actual day, Julio our maitre'd and Angela, the bridal attendant, were AMAZING! The room looked even better than we had pictured. The day went smoothly from our arrival to first look to bridal party pictures to the ceremony to cocktail hour to reception to after party, Timber Point did not miss a beat. All ages had a blast from my cousin's two-year-old son, to my 96 year-old Noni. The food was outstanding and honestly, the only thing we would change would be to go back and do the whole day over again. I can't say enough positive about the whole team and would recommend anyone whole-heartedly to choose Timber Point for their wedding!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Meghan F

I got married in October of 2012 and Timber Point was absolutely wonderful! The staff was superb and tended to myself and my guests needs so well. My husband and I were never without a drink or food and the bridal attendant waited on me hand and foot... not to mention I've never... Read More seen someone bustle a dress so quickly! Our guests still rave about the food and the amount. I highly recommend Timber Point!

Overall a great day!

Reviewed on 1/01/2015 Jenna L

My husband and I booked Timber Point pretty much on the spot - my mom had prelooked at one other place for me since I was studying for a big exam and unable to but my mind was sold on Timber Point. We met with Neal who my dad absolutely loved and he was very knowledgeable and... Read More able to answer all my questions including some crazy ones! He was very easy to get in touch with through email and honestly never seemed bothered by any of my questions or millions of emails which is a nice quality. He was always willing to work with us with meetings as my husband and i have pretty conflicting work schedules. The week of, you bring in all the items you want displayed at the venues with list of instructions on how you want them done. Some of them i didn't honestly know until I had the items there with me at the venue so Neil allowed me some time to place the items where we wanted them and then write them down. Day of, the food was great- we loved the strip steak and mahi mahi the best out of the entrees- as bride and groom you get to try them all! Cocktail hour we didn't get to enjoy as much of because we were doing pictures but Julio who was our matri'd made sure plates were upstairs for us to enjoy which was really nice- the guests seemed to enjoy it and we lucked out with our day because we were able to have it outside. Julio was really sweet and available to anything we needed we didn't have to even blink and we had what we needed. He kept everyone going and where they needed to be at all times. The drinks and bartenders were all great- it's kind of hard at your own wedding to really enjoy the drinks because you're constantly getting pulled but we still managed to really enjoy whatever drinks we had and all the guests enjoyed them too. The Viennese hour with icecream bar was also great but again we were pulled so we couldn't enjoy it as much. They made sure to package up each of the treats though so we did enjoy it afterwards! It was such a beautiful venue and all the guests could not get over the view for the ceremony. You looked out and you could see the entire great south bay. Our photographer took us all the way down to the edge of the course and we were able to get some really beautiful pictures by the water which truly made our day. The only comment I would make is regarding the bridal attendant I had, Andrea. She was nice enough, I suppose, however i was later told she was not nice to one of our guests and she did not bustle my wedding dress right causing it to constantly come undone. one of my guests was finally able to bustle it correctly for me but it should not have been an issue I feel like. Other than that, Timber Point was an amazing place to get married and I would chose it all over again.

Meet The Coordinator

Maureen Hannigan

With 14 years in the adventures of wedding planning, life never gets boring. Her unique approach & attention to detail makes planning fun & easy while throwing away all notions of cookie cutter weddings. She delights in bringing out each couples personalities, sense of humor, individual style and favorite foods into the event. She believes the BEST weddings are the ones that leave your guests saying WOW - That was so them!