Ipswich, MA

The Mansion on Turner Hill

Turner Hill is the perfect location to celebrate one of the most cherished days of your life. Nestled on 300 acres of rolling hills, the estate’s original Elizabethan Mansion and surrounding gardens are sure to enhance your wedding day with refined elegance, splendor, and sophistication for an unforgettable experience. Completed in 1903, the mansion boasts hand-molded plaster ceilings, vivid wall friezes, gleaming oak hardwood floors and hand-carved paneling, doors and stairways. It is no wonder the mansion is often compared to the imagination of F. Scott Fitzgerald in the book and well-known movie The Great Gatsby.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Country Club, Garden, Historic Venue, Library, Mansion + Estate, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

3 Manor House Lane, Ipswich, MA (978) 356-7070

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Anna O

Everything about Turner Hill was perfect. The staff is receptive, the mansion is gorgeous and I have heard nothing but good things about the venue from everyone who came. We wish we could do it all again!

Excellent

Reviewed on 3/02/2013 Erin O

I can't say enough good things about Turner Hill. The venue is absolutely beautiful. Carol and staff were wonderful and very accommodating. They made our day beautiful. Tragically my father died at our wedding and Turner Hill and staff were amazing during and after the whole... Read More thing. I highly recommend having a function/wedding at this venue.

Incredible Venue and Fantastic Service

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Lisa U

We could not be happier to have hosted our wedding in September at Turner Hill. We were fortunate to have our ceremony in the garden which was completely breathtaking. The dinner provided through Vinwood was fantastic and dancing in the mansion after was a blast. Carol is... Read More extremely professional, responsive and was a true pleasure to work with. Darcy is lovely as well. I cannot recommend Turner Hill enough.

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Julie D

From our first meeting until our wedding day we were nothing but wowed with Carol and the Mansion at Turner Hill. Carol was the perfect representation of Turner Hill, posh and detailed oriented. Carol answered my millions of questions and was on top of everything. This venue is... Read More amazing! Just driving up to it is breath taking. If you want to wow your guests and not have just any regular venue—this place is for you. Vinwood catering is also outstanding. At first we were bummed out that Vinwood was the only option but they surpassed our expectations.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Sara C

We held our ceremony and reception at The Mansion on Turner Hill on August 11, 2017. Everything went perfect and we could not have been more happy with our venue!! From the start, Turner Hill made everything easy. They paid attention to detail and understood the importance of... Read More our day. We had toured other venues and felt like we were just a # on their list of weddings for the weekend. This is not the case at Turner Hill. We were given exclusivity and felt comfortable in that details would not be missed. Carol was FANTASTIC. I felt at ease on our big day knowing everything was taken care of. Thank you for helping to make our day go perfectly Carol!!! Highly recommend The Mansion on Turner Hill for your ceremony and reception needs!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Amy P

Turner Hill is the most gorgeous venue, and the staff are absolutely fantastic. I first fell in love with the place when we visited last December, which almost convinced me to plan a winter wedding instead of an autumn one — the decorations were stunning. Ultimately we stuck... Read More with fall, and it was beautiful. We had the ceremony onsite, and thankfully it was a beautiful autumn day and we were able to have it outside. However, the inside space is gorgeous as well, and I wouldn't have been that upset had the weather not cooperated! Carol took over for our original wedding coordinator who changed jobs, but the transition was smooth and after reading all the reviews about Carol I felt very much at ease about the switch. She was responsive, informative, and clearly very experienced and knowledgable. My wedding ended up being pretty small with some last-minute cancellations (total around 70 people – the minimum for Friday is 75). However, Carol worked with us and was able to accomodate changes to seating and the dining plan. Not only is the space stunning, but you actually get quite a good value for the cost at Turner Hill, with access to the dining hall, bridal chamber, groom's room, library, and outside patio. They use Vinwood Catering (fantastic) which provides all the dining staff, bartenders, tables and chairs, linens, glassware etc etc... all details I did not want to deal with getting separately. It's really an all-inclusive venue. I honesty can't think of anything I would change. The day went perfectly thanks to the staff at Turner Hill and Vinwood Caterers (which is a whole other 5 star review)!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Gina A

This is a first for me but as the MOB it can't be left unsaid. My daughter's wedding was at The Mansion on Turner Hill on 7/29/17. From beginning to end was shear perfection. Carol Travers (TH's wedding coordinator) and Kristin from Vinwood Catering made sure the wedding... Read More party and every guest were so well taken care of. Their attention to detail and organization made the planning leading up to and the day of and the event so easy and welcoming for everyone. The staff was attentive, the venue, breathtaking, and the food was fabulous. The evening was magical in no small part to this team. Thank you Carol and Kristin

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 emily s

We had THE MOST PERFECT wedding here! We loved the layout of the property, Carol was amazing and everything went so smoothly! Our guests could not stop raving about the beauty of Turner Hill and we've been telling all out newly engaged friends all about it! We could not have... Read More gotten luckier with this venue!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Allison K

I am so thankful we chose to have our wedding at Turner Hill. It was the most spectacular venue. We had about 110 guests and were able to use the main dining room for both dinner and dancing, which was perfect. We were able to have the ceremony outdoors, but I have to say that... Read More one of the biggest reasons I fell in love with Turner Hill right away was that they have a beautiful indoor/rain alternative that didn't feel like a compromise at all. We loved that we had use of the whole mansion and our guests could sit in quieter spaces and marvel at the details of the house if they weren't too busy on the dance floor. Carol did a spectacular job bringing everything together and making sure we didn't have anything to worry about throughout the entire process. She was very responsive and flexible, and such a reassuring presence. We also loved having Vinwood cater the wedding, and got lots of compliments on the food. I was so glad that they have a longstanding partnership with Turner Hill, and it was evident in how smoothly things ran leading up to and on the day of the wedding. The only small downside was that I had to go through Carol to get in touch with Vinwood, which occasionally led to miscommunications about the menu. Nothing that didn't get sorted out right away, but it was a minor frustration to not be able to get in touch with my caterer directly. I 100% recommend hosting your wedding at Turner Hill!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

We had our daughter's wedding at Turner Hill last weekend and it was spectacular! The setting and the mansion are absolutely beautiful, the food was outstanding, and Carol Travers (event coordinator) and her staff were terrific from our first meeting right through to the end of... Read More the reception! There was not one thing that we would have done differently or could have been better!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

We recently planned a wedding at Turner Hill in eight weeks! Carol was amazing to work with and gave us top notch recommendations for photography, cake and a dj which made the planning so much easier. The wedding was wonderful and we got nothing but rave reviews from everyone... Read More who attended. Their caterer, Vinwood of Ipswich, was amazing. Everything from the food to the presentation was astounding. The bride and groom were so happy to have such a venue to start their marriage off with surrounded by family, friends and the amazing rooms at Turner Hill. Carol really knows how to coordinate the details and has it down to a science yet still makes it personal.

Our wedding

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Tara G

My father moved to a house at Turner Hill and from the second I saw the mansion I fell in love with it. A couple of years later I got engaged and I knew exactly where we wanted the wedding. Carol from Turner Hill was excellent to work with. Everything we wanted was met with... Read More high service. Our wedding day was completely perfect. We got married right at the mansion. We got married at the end of October so it was a little too cold to get married in the garden so we got married inside the ball room. I could not have asked for anything more beautiful. Our cocktail hour was spread out in the library and hallwall and our dinner was broken out into 2 rooms the grand ball room and the room to the side. Turner hill made sure that everyone in the other room was very much involved in all the things that were going on in the big room. I was nervous about this but it worked out perfect. Everything about Turner hill is beautiful. Vinwood did an excellent with the food. I heard from many people how good everything was. Over all I am completely happy with The Mansion at Turner Hill and I would highly recommended it.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Kerri A

The Mansion on Turner Hill was the perfect venue for our wedding! The wedding coordinator, Carol, was great to work with and made the planning process easy and so much fun. The staff on the day of the wedding was very professional and kept the event running smoothly. The venue... Read More itself is so beautiful with the option of the garden ceremony, dinner in the tent and access to the entire mansion throughout the evening. We loved the fact that the evening kept progressing into different areas of the venue and got so many compliments from our guests on how gorgeous it was. I would highly recommend this venue to brides searching for a romantic, elegant and magical venue!

Turner Hill is a Hidden Gem !!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Crystal B

I knew from the moment I first laid eyes on Turner Hill that it was the place I was going to be married. Carol was very warm and accommodating to all of our needs throughout our entire wedding process. She accommodated an additional tour for my mother in law who was unable to... Read More make it to our first meeting, allowed us to book two years early at an off season discounted rate, made sure my husband and I were set up with a catering tasting, she accommodated an open bar request we added on last minute, and she even took the time to answer my questions when she was on vacation ! Day of, everything ran perfectly. She had two separate ceremony spaces set up because it was a bit cloudy outside, and rain was a possibility. I am so lucky to have found Turner Hill, and would recommended this hidden gem to anyone looking to have an upscale wedding.

2015-10-27T15:49:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Crystal . We very much appreciate your review . Hope all is well . Enjoy the Holiday Season .

The Most Perfect and Memorable Place for our Wedding

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Lindsay H

The Mansion on Turner Hill was the PERFECT place to have our wedding. It was so elegant and people kept asking us how we found it! We got married in August – so our dinner portion of the evening was in the tent that is connected to the mansion and dancing was in the ballroom.... Read More Our guests loved how there were two areas of our wedding and we were not in one place all night—not to mention, your guests have access to the whole first floor of the mansion! Carol, the wedding coordinator at the mansion was truly amazing to work with. She was so professional and came up with some great suggestions for us as we continued down the wedding planning process path. She was open to our “new” ideas and easily accommodated for what we wanted. I can’t thank Carol enough for all of her work on our wedding. Vinwood catering was also OUTSTANDING. Vinwood is the caterer for the mansion and they were on top of everything the night of our wedding and kept my husband and I in the loop on what time it was what still had to be done, etc. It was so helpful to have Kristin there helping us along the way that night, she did an amazing job. I would HIGHLY recommend the Mansion on Turner Hill for a classic, elegant wedding that offers so many different landscapes for photos and an enjoyable atmosphere for guests—it was truly magical and I can’t wait to go back and visit for our anniversaries. Thank you Carol!!!

Magnificant Venue

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Karen B

We were so pleased that the Mansion on Turner Hill extended their winter rates all the way through the end of May this year, so that we could indulge in this exquisite venue. Not only are the grounds and architecture like something out of a fairy tale, but the venue provides... Read More you with a list of vendors that are most skilled at their crafts. This allowed the process to go very smoothly for us (especially considering that we had only 6 months to plan the wedding!) Carol, the coordinator, was there to answer any and all questions that we had. She was impeccably competent and a joy to work with. I can honestly say that the day of our wedding was seamless.

Reviewed on 11/10/2014

Carol Travers (the event coordinator) is an extremely competent professional. She answered our calls/concerns in a timely manner and was extremely easy to talk to. She was very organized and kept us informed by e-mail and/or phone calls when deadlines were approaching, etc.... Read More We felt like we became friends with her which made the whole process of planning the wedding very fun....The caterer at the venue (Vinwood) received rave reviews from our guests...it also helped that we had a gorgeous day! The mansion looked amazing the day of our daughter's wedding and I know it was because Carol shared our attention to detail and we were thrilled....

Phenomenal!!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Kourtney M

Not only was this mansion a beautiful setting for our dream wedding, but the event coordinator Carol made sure our every wish and idea came true. She was able to answer every question quickly. She was extremely professional and kept us cool the day of the wedding. There had... Read More been rain the morning of and she gave us her personal cell phone number to call her by noon to decide if we were going to be inside or outside. Since it was too cold to be outside we decided to be inside and she had the ballroom transformed into a beautiful ceremony atmosphere. Carol made our dream wedding a reality and even helped pull off some surprises! There was no better venue for us to have our wedding at, and after the first meeting with Carol we were sold! If you’re in the market for a wedding venue I highly recommend checking out the Mansion at Turner Hill! You will not be disappointed!!!!

Wedding dreams come true

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Nannette C

Years before I was even engaged I just knew that the Mansion on Turner Hill was the place I was going to have my reception. Thankfully, when i did get engaged my fiancé had the same idea! We looked at the Mansion in January 2013 & booked for September 2014. To other brides, book... Read More early, when we did there was already at least 1 Saturday in September 2014 taken. We began working with Carol immediately, she was always responsive & honest. We also worked with Rick from Vinwood, he is amazing as well. I'm very particular but Carol was able to roll with it which is great. We had to utilize the tent for dinner as we had 150 guests. The tent was completely transformed into something out of Hollywood. I knew that I didn’t want our wedding to look like other weddings so we decided to go with a new configuration in the tent. Two long banquet tables (seating 24 or 25 guests) in the middle of the tent surrounded by 60” round tables. It wasn’t an easy feat but our florist Donna (Pepperberry’s Byfield), Rick, Carol & our wedding planner Jenn (Designs out of the Blue) made everything a fairy-tale & perfect! I was blown away when I saw the tent the day of the wedding! Our linens were incredible and so were the flowers thanks to Donna. Everything was breathtaking. Our guests were greeted with a glass of prosecco as they walked through the Mansion which intensified the experience of all the gorgeous details of the Mansion has to offer. We did choose an open bar. We decided to pass on stationary appetizers to save a bit of money & went with 7 really amazing passed hot options. Rick really worked with us on the pricing & the selection, even giving us a main course that they hadn't fully rolled out & added to the menu yet. The food did not disappoint! Appetizers were: mini beef Wellingtons (amazing! I had 5 at my wedding), mini grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters (also amazing), and Asian chicken salad in a wonton cone, arancini, crab cakes, bacon wrapped scallops and chicken skewers. All the food was delicious, hot & fresh. The bridal party had our own server & Kristen was fabulous. In addition to making sure we had fresh appetizers, she also made sure we had drinks including prosecco to gin & tonic if that is what somebody wanted. She was phenomenal. We went with a traditional Caesar salad to ensure we didn’t overwhelm people’s palates. For our main course we didn't give guests a menu option but were able to go with a twist on surf & turf that I believe Rick created. Applewood smoked bacon wrapped filet mignons with individual lobster au gratin served with house veggies and horseradish mashed potatoes. Our guests also had red and white wine served with dinner. One month after our wedding, people are still ranting raving about the Mansion, the service, décor, flowers & especially the food! I was so impressed at how seamlessly the staff at the Mansion served all the food in the tent and then got all the guests into the Mansion for the parent dances. Working with NU Image for our DJ and uplighting and Bharat Parmar for photography made everything easier for us because these vendors work together and at the Mansion often so they know all the nuances of working in an old space. We loved everything about our wedding day! Preparations were intense since we went with something different in the tent but having Carol working all our vendors allowed me to relax day of and just enjoy it all. I couldn't recommend the Mansion & Vinwood more, they're the best!

Brilliant Success

Reviewed on 10/19/2014

It is without hesitation that I endorse Turner Hill. My daughter’s wedding was perfect. Special recognition should be awarded to the event manager, Carol. She is the quintessential professional. With her knowledge and guidance we selected outstanding venders and our... Read More celebration was a brilliant success. We realize and appreciate that some of our requests may have been out of the ordinary. All of our wishes were graciously attended to. Every aspect of this meaningful event was given personal attention. Our wedding at Turner Hill will be warmly regarded and long remembered by friends and family. Thank you, Turner Hill for making this special day such a wonderful experience.

Beautiful Location and Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Kristen L

I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding at the Mansion on Turner Hill and it was nothing short of perfect for my friend's big day! The location is absolutely beautiful and the staff was so very accomodating, especially Carol, the even coordinator. I highly recommend Turner... Read More Hill to anyone looking to have an elegant and memorable venue.

Turner Hill is beautiful

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Cindy Z

The mansion is gorgeous! all the guests loved it. Vinwood(their exclusive caterer) has really good service. Highly recommend it!

WEDDING AT THE MANSION AT TURNER HILL IN IPSWICH, MA.

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

Our daughter was married on Saturday, 28 June 2014. She and her husband enjoyed a magnificent wedding reception at the MANSION AT TURNER HILL in Ipswich, Ma. The venue is absolutely gorgeous - the Mansion is stately and historical. Our wedding coordinator, Carol Travers, was... Read More incredible! She helped us with every detail to make this a very memorable and sophisticated wedding. Carol is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and absolutely invaluable in making a wedding the most perfect wedding ever! I highly recommend The Mansion at Turner Hill, and also want to compliment Carol Travers as she deserves every possible compliment!!!

Beautiful Location!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Maggie C

I was the maid of honor in my best friends wedding at Turner Hill this summer and I cannot say enough good things about it. Not only is Turner Hill a gorgeous property but the staff and wedding management team were the best. They were so easy to work with, very accommodating and... Read More made her wedding the most magical night. Your guest are sure the be wowed by the beautiful gardens and amazing architecture.

Great Night!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Max T

My wife and I decided to use Turner Hill as our venue. Carol was one of the more experienced planners that we had met and her service staff was highly recommended as well. We had such a great day! My groomsmen were treated like royalty in the cigar room while preparing for the... Read More ceremony and everything just felt very easy. Carol and the folks from Vinwood had many good suggestions including using a sausage cart at the end of the night! It was a big hit! A wonderful time had by all!