The Millennium Center

WINSTON SALEM, NC

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Millennium Center

A BALLROOM IN WINSTON SALEM, NC

The Millennium Center, located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, offers a grand historic building to host your wedding celebration. The building was originally built in 1906 and used as a post office. When the towns of Winston and Salem merged in 1914, the building became the U.S. Federal Building before being shut down in the 1990s. The building has since been restored to its previous grandeur and is decorated with elegant chandeliers, large windows, vaulted ceilings in the ballroom and maple hardwood floors. It has become known nationally as a special events center that has been used by a number of celebrities. The building provides three different levels for you to host your event.

The Millennium Ballroom and Grand Lobby. This elegant ballroom can hold between 350 and 1500 people depending on what type of set up you wish to have for your wedding day. The lobby offers grand vaulted ceilings with decorative archways to welcome your guests into the venue. The ballroom itself is large and spacious, with polished concrete floors that provide a great space for dancing during your celebration.

The Court Room and Grand Jury Room. These two stylish rooms are located on the second floor of the venue. The Court Room can hold between 100 and 250 people depending on the type of reception you wish to have. The Grand Jury room can hold up to 125. The Court Room and Grand Jury room offer a setting for your wedding that is both whimsical and old fashioned. The Court Room is still set up and designed to look like a working court room. Your ceremony will be held in front of the judges bench with your guests actually sitting in the court's viewing area. The large windows in the venue let in lots of natural light, while the hardwood floors give the room an elegant feel.

The Speak Easy and Garden Rooms. These two rooms are located on the lower level of the building. The Speak Easy can accommodate between 150 and 300 guests. This space is decorated in brick and dark woods to make it feel just like a Prohibition-era speak easy. The Garden Room is ideal for small weddings and can hold up to 100 people. This L-shaped room is adjacent to the Speak Easy.

The Millennium Center offers a menu with numerous choices for each course to be served on your wedding day, including the options of buffets, stations or seated dinners. No matter which part of the building you chose to hold your event in, you get a large number of features included in your venue rental, including tall tables, linens and barstools for cocktail hour. All wedding packages also include floor length linens and napkins for the reception, available in your choice of white, ivory or black.

The reception space includes a large dance floor with LED lighting, a stage and a professional sound system for use by your DJ. Cake cutting service is also complimentary. There is also the option to add an additional audio-visual package to the event, while valet parking is available for a fee as well.

Couples that choose the Millennium Center for their wedding celebration are getting more than just a beautiful historic location, as the venue also prides itself on providing an impeccable level of service. To make sure your day lives up to your expectations, the venue also provides all of the following with each wedding package.

• Red carpet entrance
  • Complimentary menu tasting for four
  • White or mahogany Chiavari chairs with choice of cushions
  • Bone china with base plates or chargers
  • Silverware, glassware and serving pieces

Elegant National Historic Landmark

Full service 5-star venue with three levels to host any event size. We have hosted over 1,000 wedding celebrations including rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, receptions, and going away parties. In house catering, full bar service, A/V, decor, design and planning. Award recipient of Best of the Knot and Couples Choice Awards for many years including 2015.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

101 W 5TH ST, WINSTON SALEM, NC (336) 723-3700
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Weatherly G

We used the Millennium Center only for our reception location and I'm so glad we did! Greg and his wonderful staff were great to work with! Planning a wedding from across the country is never easy but Greg went above and beyond to accommodate any special requests and customized... Read More the space to make it uniquely ours. Millennium Center has so much character and really embodies the rich history of Winston-Salem. Greg and his staff worked really well with our florist, photographer, and cake bakery- everything went so smoothly on the wedding day! Greg went the extra mile to ensure everything was perfect for the big day, he even worked around our schedules to set up a menu & wine tasting for us when we came into town one weekend. His staff was very friendly and welcoming- Kaitlyn set up a romantic candlelit dinner for my husband and I before being introduced at the reception, it was such a wonderful moment to have! My experience with the Millennium Center was nothing but positive! See how beautiful this venue is: https://youtu.be/ZlyMyd2nOdo

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Brenda M D

Doyle-Bass Wedding 7/23/16 The Millennium Center creates incredible Memories that last a lifetime! Choosing to have the Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding & Reception there was the best decision my daughter ever made! She fell in love with the architecture of the building,... Read More which is amazing; but the best part of this place is Greg Carlyle, the owner; Kaitlyn, the event coordinator & his staff! They are, without a doubt, the best in the business. We had the rehearsal dinner in the lower level Speak Easy area & it is beautiful. Such atmosphere. Has wrapped white lighting across the ceiling, brick columns, a bar, small dance floor, sound access & is perfect for a romantic evening event. The wedding was in the Grand Ballroom & it is awesome! The ceiling is hung with crystal chandeliers & crystal draping with large columns washed in uplighting in your choice of colors. The sound system is unbelievable & is available for your DJ or band to use. The cocktail hour was in the huge hall and sitting area adjacent to the bar, which was serviced by properly dressed wait staff & bar tenders.. The reception was also in the Ballroom, which had been converted for dinner & dancing--all in a matter of one hour. There are beautifully adorned tables with gold chargers, centerpieces, candle light, bow tie napkins,-anything you ask for-along with all the specialty tables--candy buffet, guest registry, gift table, bridal portrait, cake table, photo booth & props. Everything was perfect! The DJ was center stage, with the couple's Logo on the dance floor. Now for the Food! I will tell you we heard raves all night about the food. Greg's chef and his staff out did themselves. They prepared our rehearsal dinner, food for cocktail hour, reception dinner & everything was perfection. The wait staff was so attentive to everyone, including preparing special meals for the kiddies, vegetarians, & those with certain allergies. There is nothing they cannot handle. On wedding day, Greg made sure the Bridal Party-20 of them- were not forgotten. He prepared food, of our choice, & delivered it to the dressing areas, for the guys downstairs & the ladies on the main floor. This included Mimosas! Immediately after the ceremony, he had food & drinks ready to grab as they boarded a trolley for outside photos. This special service kept them fed & hydrated, in what otherwise would have been a 12 hour day without a break. As the Bride & Groom prepared to leave at 11 pm, in a white horse and carriage, Kaitlyn (Greg's event coordinator) knew Monica & Joey had never had dinner. She ran to the carriage, with dinner for two & placed it on the seat for them to have later. This meant SO much to them and they enjoyed the wonderful reception meal together. Greg handles emergencies with grace. As the mother of the bride, I arrived late, with the photographer waiting on the wedding gown. In a rush to get inside, I ran to the trunk & found I had locked the car with the wedding dress inside! I walked into Greg's office frantic, knowing my daughter would be beyond upset. Greg calmly said, "It's ok. We'll get it. Don't tell her." He got on the computer, had AAA on the phone, explained the emergency, gave directions, & had me go have my makeup done as if all was well.. Long story short, Greg met AAA, got the dress out & the bride never knew until hours later. Service WAY beyond what is expected. Greg is GREAT !!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Melissa G

We absolutely LOVE Kaitlyn, Greg and his staff (Stephanie and crew)!!! We can't imagine any other vendor making us feel like a part of their family. Kaitlyn was a huge part of our day. We appreciate her kind spirit, generosity, attention to detail, patience and most... Read More importantly her dedication to ensuring everything was done in a timely manner. Greg and his staff are fully dedicated and know how to make you feel at ease. We highly recommend The Millennium Center.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Courtney C

I don't know where to begin, but believe me when I say you cannot go wrong with the Millennium Center! We chose this venue for our cocktail hour and reception, with the ceremony at my home church one hour away in Va. Greg and Kaitlyn worked with our schedules since we don't live... Read More in Winston and helped ease my concerns about having the reception and ceremony at different locations. We initially had trouble scheduling a tasting due to various things - but the food at the tasting absolutely blew us away and calmed any nerves about that! My husband's family is from Philly and my family is from Louisiana, so for cocktail hour we had Philly pretzels and beer cheese & Louisiana style shrimp and grits. The ballroom was stunning - Kaitlyn might be a fairy godmother!! She arranged all the personal items I brought (my mom and nana's wedding dress, etc) without a single complaint. She was always friendly and upbeat and felt more like a friend than an event planner. She also did our floral arrangements for the reception and used Galax leaves per my request to honor my hometown's name! 6 months later, people still compliment us on our wedding and say what a fun time they had. They also talk about the food! Beef tenderloin, marinated chicken, and Vegetable Korma to celebrate our love of Indian food! We had full bar service and a full coffee bar. My husband and I never lifted a finger the whole day. Anytime I even thought I might need a refill, Kaitlyn, Greg, or another one of the amazing staff were there asking me what they could get for me. They also got Bluebell ice-cream to serve with cake - my family's favorite ice cream. We were so lucky to be able to book a Sunday at the end of our short engagement. The Millennium Center was worth every penny and I wish I could relive that day! Thank you Greg, Kaitlyn, and The Millennium Center staff - including the chef! - for making our wedding day so memorable and special. I think everyone looks back at their wedding and can see things they would change if they could. I would change some things about the ceremony and pictures.....but nothing about the reception! --unless it could have lasted longer!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kathryn & John S

We are so happy we chose the Millennium Center for our wedding on August 6, 2017. We knew as soon as we saw the Millennium Center and met Greg and Kaitlyn that this venue was for us! Greg and Kaitlyn sure do know how to throw a party! During the planning process, they were... Read More extremely attentive and very detail oriented. They had so many creative ideas and suggestions to help us create the perfect day. We had the best of everything- a romantic ceremony and an energetic reception to follow. The venue itself is historical and has so much character. It was so conveinent to have a salon room at the venue for the bride and bridal party to get ready in. And the guys had a great time hanging in their own private room. Our guests are also still raving about how delicious the food was! And the flowers - all ordered and arranged by The Millennium Center - were just beautiful! The day of the wedding Greg and Kaitlyn were there every step of the way to make sure everything ran smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything but enjoying our wedding day and for that, we can't thank them enough! We highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Brad S

We loved our reception at the Millennium Center! Both Greg and Kaitlyn were a great to work with and created the perfect night for our guests. They are highly professional and paid close attention to every detail . They created a beautiful reception complete with tropical... Read More flowers and even soda from Peru (where we met)! They offer a one stop shop for catering, decor, floral arrangements, tables, chairs, table linens, etc. which made the planning process smooth. As a note, they will charge more for specialty items, colors, etc. if they have to order them, but they are more than able to get whatever you need to make your reception exactly what you want. Food and drink was AMAZING! They helped us develop our own signature craft cocktails and I can't speak more highly of the food. The chef worked with us to craft a perfect menu and we had rave reviews from all our guests. We are very grateful for the time and effort they put into our reception.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Heather H

Words cannot express how amazing the Millennium Center and staff were for our Wedding this past September. I was planning our wedding out of town (Charlotte) and both Greg and Kaitlyn were a dream to work with and extremely detail oriented. No request was too large or small for... Read More the team at Millennium and they made sure to cater our day to fit our personality. Millennium is a one stop shop offering full services of catering, decor, floral arrangements, tables, chairs, table linens, etc. which made the planning process a breeze. Not having to purchase a ton of candles/decor that I would never use again was a huge perk and they have an amazing selection to choose from. The Millennium team can make any floral dream come true with their talented staff. My colors were black and white with greenery and rose accents. Being from the south I wanted to incorporate magnolia leaves into our decor and Millennium knocked it out of the park with our table arrangements featuring Magnolia leaves. If you are looking for an incredible venue with a staff that is even more amazing Millennium Center is the right venue for you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Katelyn K

We had a wonderful wedding at the Millennium Center, pretty close to perfection! The staff and team there are super helpful and go above and beyond to make your day special and everything you dream of. The food was FANTASTIC- and that's hard to do at most weddings. It was as... Read More good at the wedding for 120+ guests as it was at the private tasting for 4. My guests raved and I was very proud- get the Salmon you wont regret it! As a bride, wedding planning can get stressful so I cant comment enough on how much this venue comes with and takes care of for you if you let them. Having so many options for table linens and chairs, lights and speakers, florals, catering, bridal suite to get ready on site, rehearsal and day of coordination, the list goes on. It was truly the biggest reason we went with the Millennium center and why I would always recommend them. They removed as much stress as possible for our big day and that's not to be undervalued! You will not regret using this venue and its team to have the wedding of your dreams!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Anna M

I couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding than what we had at The Millennium Center! Our guests are still raving about how amazing our dinner was, and the décor was incredibly detailed. Greg and Kaitlyn made the whole experience so easy and stress-free, with so many good options... Read More that it's impossible to chose anything less than perfection. I had the most incredible night of my life here, and I highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Nickolas K

Greg and Kaitlyn went above and beyond to make our reception exactly what we wanted! They offer so many options that planning was made easy and we had to worry about less! The staff were so nice and helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone! If you're looking... Read More for a beautiful space to have a reception, I would look no further!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Brittany J

Choosing to have our wedding reception at the Millennium Center was the best choice we made about our wedding. The building itself is stunning, but the staff really made the wedding of our dreams a reality! Kaitlyn, Greg, and the entire staff blew us away with their... Read More professionalism, their creativity, and their flexibility. They were amazing to work with- they thought of everything and really have weddings down to a science, we never doubted we were in great hands! Kaitlyn kept me updated about everything - even sent me preview pictures while setting up the ballroom and lobby, which was so thoughtful. One of the great things about the Millennium Center is all of the extras they provide. When booking with them you not only get a venue, but a caterer, an event coordinator, serving staff, and new friends! The food was delicious, and we heard nothing but great things from our guests. The morning of our wedding, our entire bridal party was able to get ready either in the bridal salon or in a special area downstairs that Greg set up for the guys. This was so special to us, and saved us from having one more thing to coordinate! Our guests kept raving about our reception and I know we all have the best memories of our special day thanks to the Millennium Center staff! If you book with them- you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

The Millenium center is nothing but amazing. Greg and Kaitlyn made you feel comfortable and took care of everything so I had no worries. The night was beautiful and I really enjoyed everything.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 William H

Approximately one month before my wedding my 82 year old mom fell and broke her hip. After a partial replacement she needed round the clock care. I've worked in fine dining, catering and event planning for approximately seven years, so my idea was to help set my event, my bride... Read More was so excited. I couldnt leave moms side, i didnt know what to do. I communicated my desires and hopes to Millennium management, hoped for the best, but my standards are quite high. I could not believe how beautiful the room was. Truly. Edith and Kaitlyn built my flower arrangements and they were breathtaking. Greg went out of his way to prepare a meal that was so delicious my geusts raved, and wanted to compliment chef Pat. There were to many servers to call each by name, but they were all on point with beverages, clearing, and courteous, kind attiudes. After all my experience, i was amazed and i had the time of my life. My beautiful bride was so pleased, and that made me happy.it takes real pros to build an event with minimal information and get it perfect. That was what they did for my bride and myself, and im eternally grateful. Greg made sure my mom got in safe and on the front row.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Angela F

I married my high school sweetheart, twenty five years after graduation. That in itself was a dream come true, so much that when we chose the Millinnuum Center we decided to put everything in their more than capable hands. I didn't want to see the ballroom until I walked down... Read More the aisle. I wasn't only in awe, I was completely overwhelmed with the fairy tale wedding the staff had created. The staff had went above and beyond any and all expectations. Not only did they have our entire wedding party completely covered, they catered to our guests as if they would have to their own family. They truly thought of everything, leaving me in a position to worry about nothing and fall in love with everything and that is exactly what I did. The food was spectacular and the tables were breathtaking. I couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful. I wouldn't have changed one second of that day and although putting everything in their hands from colors to culinary may seem unnerving to some, not only was I weightless where worry would typically be a concern, I was completely taken away by the sight of perfection seeing it for the first time as my father walked with his hand clinched to mine and placed it in the hand of my first love.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Leigh D

My daughter's reception was absolutely AMAZING!! The Millennium Center's staff went above and beyond to make this event magical. The dinner was fabulous and every detail carried out just as we had requested.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lisa W

I cannot imagine a better venue for our daughter's wedding. When we entered the main dining area, it was breathtaking. Kaitlyn and Greg met our every need and were easy to work with. Our biggest concern was that they were so agreeable to anything we asked, we were afraid that... Read More perhaps they were over-promising. We had nothing to be afraid of. Anything and everything that we asked of them was accomplished. The food was delicious, and our guests were happy because it ran on time. Both Greg and Kaitlyn were on site the day of the event, so we had absolutely no need to have a wedding planner present. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a stunning venue for their wedding.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Ginny S

The millennium center saved our wedding! We had booked at another venue and the venue canceled on us six months prior to our wedding so we called the millennium center desperate for anything in the month of September and Kaitlyn quickly is to our stress by quickly eased our... Read More stress by finding a date that would work for us. From that point on, whatever we needed, wanted, or thought of we would run by Kaitlyn and her answer was always yes! When our wedding director bailed for a family event two months before the wedding, Kaitlyn stepped up and took over that job as well. She and Greg make an incredible team and were fantastic and preparing for our wedding.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Octavia L

The Millennium Center was amazing! Loved working with Greg and Kaitlyn throughout the entire process! Best part was that we were able to do our catering, flowers, and decor all in one place! If you love mixing new and old, you'll LOVE the Millennium Center!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Meaghan M

Overall my reception was wonderful. The decorations were perfect, the food was excellent (provided by Local), and the night went smoothly. Trying to plan my wedding was slightly challenging at times due to the fact that your only choice is e-mail, and I did not get coordinators... Read More direct email until two days before the wedding. We had 170 guests and were told that we would have two bars at our reception so one wouldn't get crowded. When the day came there was only one which caused some congestion for drinks. Our contract stated that we would have certain beers that we requested (Hoppyum was one of them) and we were given a cheaper version (Hop Job). My husband being a Foothills employee knew that this was a cheaper option and wasn't very pleased. Multiple mistakes were made on our contract which resulted in us getting money back but not without some attitude from the employees. The groomsmen area to get ready was amazing when we took our tour with a pool table, stocked fridge, and couches. When the day came the lights were off, no pool table and no stocked fridge. The men felt they were in a cave. Overall it was a beautiful venue and wonderful day.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Summer H

The Millennium Center staff made sure that our wedding exceeded our every expectation! Greg and Kaitlyn are AMAZING to work with, and make everything incredibly easy. They were patient, knowledgeable, professional, and courteous during every interaction. We had both our ceremony... Read More and reception on-site, and each space is incredibly flexible and beautiful. Since they have all the rentals you will need and on-site catering, it makes wedding planning SO much easier and affordable. Many items that other sites will charge extra for come standard here. The food is delicious, and the chef can take any idea you have and make it a reality. The entire staff went to great lengths to make sure that our wedding day was fun and stress-free. I highly recommend the Millennium Center for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Phillip J

The Millennium Center is a beautiful venue! Greg, his wife, & Kaitlyn were an amazing team. They all were so easy to work with and very understanding. Kaitlyn is an awesome assistant to them. She responded to every email, help with every detail, & was THE BEST Day-of... Read More Coordinator. The staff was friendly and professional! I will definitely be referring the Millennium Center to all my family and friends. Mr. & Mrs. Johnson

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Lauren G

I had a wonderful wedding reception experience at the Milennium center. I would definitely recommend you check them out if you are looking for a venue. The food is delicious and the staff is very accommodating.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Erika B

Had our September wedding here and it was absolutely perfect. Greg made sure everything was as we had discussed in planning and the food was absolutely to die for. A stunning venue and amazing partners to work with.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Alex G

The Millennium Center set a new bar for extraordinary customer service. The owner Greg was the first to hug us hello and hug us goodbye. Kaitlyn was with us the entire time and is hands down one of the most talented people we have met. We own a business consulting company and... Read More are in entertainment ourselves so we interact with many people. I do not say we experienced THE best of THE best lightly! We walked away after having a perfect wedding and we learned how fantastic the customer experience can truly be. I would say we paid less than the value we got... when is the last time any of us could say that. We are so thankful.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

The Millennium Center is a breath-taking venue and the structure itself needs minimal decor for an event to look beautiful. My celebration of vows was July 15, 2016. The night of my event was flawless and I did not have to do anything besides eat, drink, dance, and have fun.... Read More Greg, Kaitlyn and the staff at MC stayed out of my hair but did everything they needed to do to make sure the evening flowed smoothly. The only reason I put 4 instead of 5 stars is the unorganized feeling leading up to the event itself, even the morning of. I realize that the MC staff work on a flexible schedule but sometimes it was very difficult to communicate back and forth. The day of was a little hectic (which was to be expected) but many of the staff did not start doing their part of setting up until right before the cocktail hour started and that had me slightly on edge. I did receive phenomenal feed back on the food and it truly was so amazing and not your typical wedding food. It's been over a month and people are still talking about the food and the ballroom where we held the event. With this venue you get quality service and the freedom to make the event exactly what you want it to be. I highly recommend this space for your event.