Rich in History, located high atop Mount Adams

Romantic ruins have been revived. In a dramatic endeavor, Towne Properties and Receptions Event Centers have converged to revitalize The Monastery at St. Paul Place in Mount Adams. The Monastery opened in May 2016 as a premiere venue for special events and weddings. After two years of planning, the historic property’s rejuvenation was guided by careful reverence for this iconic building which is over 100 years old. Mount Adams is a treasure chest of history. The Monastery rests atop that treasure as a royal jewel. Once forgotten, it has now been re-set in the crown of the Queen City. Thousands of distinguished guests, corporate clients and bridal parties finally have the opportunity to share the experience of The Monastery; old world enchantment.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Estate

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

1055 St. Paul Place, Cincinnati, OH (513) 888-8694

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Margi D

If you are afforded the opportunity book this venue for your wedding, I could give you a million reasons why you should do so without hesitation. Like some other couples, my now-husband and I toured the Monastery during very early phases of construction -- even in shambles, the... Read More place was absolutely breathtaking. Without knowing much about the staff or services, or even what the “finished product” would actually look like, we booked this venue more than a year in advance. To say we were pleased with how everything turned out would be a grave understatement. Not only was the aesthetic of the finished venue everything we hoped for, but the service delivered by the Monastery staff was beyond our imagination. Meetings with Lindsey and Doug did much to calm our pre-wedding nerves, as they were exceedingly organized, kind, and attentive at every encounter. Each detail of our day was carefully orchestrated, and stunningly executed. Which brings me to Kris. The banquet manager, Kris, might actually have super powers. Somehow she managed to keep every piece of the ceremony and reception moving like clockwork, while also doting on not only my groom and I, but also both of our families and wedding party. She was so warm, accommodating, and meticulous - we felt like royalty. Our families and guests are still talking two weeks later about how incredible she was to us and how impressed we still are by how perfectly everything went. The combination of the incredible staff and gorgeous venue made for a wonderful day that we will never forget. So THANK YOU to the Monastery staff for everything!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Katy B

On our first visit to The Monastery in late Summer 2015, Doug and Lindsey shared with us their vision for the space which was completed gutted at that point in time. We loved what they showed us and we were more than happy to commit to holding our wedding and reception there,... Read More even if it was only going to be ready a few weeks beforehand. Fast forward a few months and the resultant venue is absolutely stunning. Every feature of the venue is eye catching and their attention to detail is fantastic and greatly appreciated by both us as customers but also by our wedding guests. Inside and out the venue has been transformed into what we were shown on paper which is a credit to the team responsible for the renovation. The management of The Monastery, led by Doug and Lindsey, were a pleasure to work with from the time we first contacted them. Their availability, flexibility and speed in responding to any inquiry we sent them was always excellent, while their patience with us as we worked through the details of our wedding was very appreciated. Even when things were needed from us they were able to communicate with us in a style that never added to the stress of planning a wedding which is a very commendable trait. The food and drink service from The Monastery beforehand and on the day of our wedding was first rate. The food was outstanding with us receiving multiple compliments from many of our wedding guests, while the bar service package options were perfect for our needs. On the day of the wedding itself every member of the staff provided exemplary service with them achieving the difficult balance of providing prompt service without being at all distracting or disruptive to the proceedings. With this, a special mention must be made about Carrie, the Venue Captain for the night of our wedding. Not only did she provide fantastic service to ensure that our every need was met, but she also went out of her way to attend to the needs of a handicapped family member which she most certainly did not need to do, however for this was are incredibly grateful. Across the board I give The Monastery top marks in every aspect of our wedding and highly recommend them to anybody looking for a full service venue. The quality of the service that they provide, the ease with which we were able to work with them, and the fantastic party that they enabled us to hold in their space was everything that we could have hoped for and more. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Kaley H

OH MY GOODNESS! Where do I even begin? The Monastery Event Center was host to our wedding reception on May 14th, 2016 and we couldn't have been more thrilled with the venue or the Monastery Team. From the beginning planning stages through days after the wedding, Lindsey, Doug,... Read More and Carrie were so helpful. Though they were in the midst of what I know was such a busy time for them, they were never, ever too busy to assist us with whatever we needed. Whether it was Lindsey or Doug, our questions were always responded to in a very timely manner, and I always felt like we were their priority. Not only will you have the pleasure of working with Lindsey and Doug at the Monastery, but they also have a team of people working behind the scenes who are so crucial in making your big day run smoothly and seamlessly. We had a final meeting a few weeks before the wedding to decide on some final details such as lighting, and colors for the table cloths, napkins, and chargers, but after that the Monastery team took it from there. We showed up a few days before the wedding to set up some of our decorations, and they already had all of the tables set along with personalized menu cards. On the day of the wedding, the Monastery team is completely dedicated to making sure everything runs as it should. Their knowledge of the flow of a reception was so helpful, from knowing when to dim the lights, how to efficiently get food out to people, etc. I just can’t express how important a team like this is on your wedding day. There was no stress on my Mom or me at any point in the night, and we were simply able to just enjoy ourselves and celebrate with our guests. Lastly, for the venue…I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for something unique in Cincinnati. The Mount Adams location is beautiful in itself, but there is nothing like the Monastery anywhere in this city. So much of the original structure was able to be preserved or restored which adds so much charm to the room. We were blown away when everything came together. With the chandeliers, the altar, the lighting, etc., you hardly need any decorations as this place is beautiful all on its own. We still have guests telling us that it was the prettiest reception they have ever been to. In conclusion, the location, the historic venue, the staff, the food, is top notch. I could have never dreamed that my wedding would have been as beautiful as it was, and that is thanks to the Monastery and the team they have there. I sincerely can’t thank them enough. I hope that everyone gets the chance to take a look at what they have to offer.

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Paige P

I have NOTHING bad to say about The Monastery!! Not only is the building absolutely beautiful, but the team of staff is a dream to work with. I was clueless walking in to wedding planning and Lindsay and Kris took the reigns and helped me with anything and everything. Everything... Read More was included in the price and it is so nice that the kitchen is on site and that's one less vendor to hire, not to mention their food was delicious. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Kaleigh M

I can’t even put into words how perfect EVERYTHING is about the Monastery. I would give the Monastery 10 stars if I could. The beauty of the venue itself, the staff, the food, EVERYTHING. The only bad thing was I wish I could do it all over again every single weekend 😔 Kris,... Read More Lindsey, and Doug are the absolute best. Throughout the past year of our engagement and planning, the staff at the Monastery really got to know me, my new husband, and our families and genuinely cared to make our day absolutely perfect (and they sure did!). They treated us as if we were the only wedding they had all year.. no joke. Every bride has a vision for their wedding day and Lindsey and Kris made this vision come to light. Their patience, kindness, and work ethic all were so evident. I had no doubts I was in good hands on my wedding night and that was clearly evident throughout the entire night. And I haven’t even touched on how breathtaking this venue is. From the second me and husband walked in, we were blown away. The Monastery is truly unlike anything else in Cincinnati. It is so beautiful and unique. It’s a pretty good feeling when you are at your wedding and your guests walk in and gasp at how beautiful the place is. I was literally speechless myself when I walked in on my wedding day. I truly can’t say enough about this place. The venue alone is breathtaking but the staff is really what makes everything come together. We couldn’t have done it without this amazing team!! So, if you want a dynamite staff, breathtaking venue, amazing food, and SO much more - Monastery is your place.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jordan R

We got married 2 months ago and had our reception at the Monastery & our guest are still raving about it! Working with the Lindsey and the rest of the team was an absoulte dream. They went above and beyond to make sure our reception was perfect! The food was amazing, and... Read More nothing can compare to the service at the Monastery!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017

I suspect that I am writing this from a slightly different view than the average venue reviewer. I am the father of a bride who recently had her wedding and reception at The Monastery. Let me first simply say that everything was awesome! I doubt that anybody needs me to speak... Read More to the regal beauty of The Monastery, or how perfectly it lays out for events, you can see that for yourself. (However, let it be known that no picture will ever do justice to what it looks like in person.) From my perspective, all I wanted was for everything to go perfectly for my daughter's special day, and it did. Obviously, the venue has to be great for that to happen, but the real keys are the people that make everything happen. We had great bartenders and wait staff and the chefs prepared some amazing food. Lindsey, Meghan and Kris were always on their games and things could not have gone smoother from the beginning of when we first visited The Monastery up to and including the final minute of the event. If you are a Dad that wants to give your daughter the most perfect beginning to her new life, you could not choose better than The Monastery!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kacey V

Words don’t do justice to the venue or the staff of the Monastery, but that won’t stop me from trying! The venue is a showstopper, filled with a rich history and many years of love and happiness. The Monastery has perfectly blended its romantic and grand past with modern... Read More amenities, including custom lighting throughout your night and perfect acoustics for a live band. And while the backdrop certainly holds its own, the space can be adapted to fit your vision, and the Monastery works well with vendors to bring it to life. The staff members are seasoned professionals who are always responsive, detail-oriented, and accommodating. Lindsey was an amazing resource for all of my questions and made the venue available to me whenever needed. Kris was able to take our vision for our day and execute it seamlessly, relieving all pressure from us and our family so that we could focus on enjoying our special day. The room-flip between our ceremony and the reception ran right on time—even with a set up for 275 guests! And the look on our guests faces when they saw the room was priceless. The wait staff and bartenders made sure that no guest ever went hungry or thirsty, and the food was so good that many guests were going back for seconds! I know that our guests will be raving about the Monastery for years to come, and we are so happy that we chose the Monastery to host us on our special day!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Loren M

Within 1 week of getting engaged I booked The Monastery (site unseen) for my ceremony AND reception without calling, emailing or even googling a single other venue option for my wedding. Having seen pictures of other weddings on social media was enough to seal the deal for me... Read More for this breathtaking and unique venue. The Monastery has it all- multiple flexible options for indoor or outdoor ceremony as well as innumerable options to customize and personalize a reception +/- cocktail hour. For the 10 months I worked with Lindsey and other Monastery staff leading up to my wedding, I was blown away. They returned every phone call and responded to every email within 24 hours. They orchestrated my wedding vision (down to the placement of every single escort card, votive, floral arrangement, EVEN umbrella holders haha- you name it!!!) and willingly coordinated with all of my other vendors (even ones from out of town that were completely unfamiliar with The Monastery) to make the day a huge success. As many other reviews have alluded to- the appeal of this venue extends far beyond the historic charm and architectural detail. Having a wedding here is a personal experience with a staff that want nothing more than to ensure your wedding is exactly what you want it to be. If you are considering booking this venue for your wedding or special event, I encourage you to do so. It really is as good as all the reviews say and worth every penny!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Carole W

The minute we saw the Monastery Event Center and met Lindsey we knew it was the place for our daughter's wedding. We certainly were not disappointed!!! Kris, Chef Brian and their amazing staff made the bride and grooms' every wish come true. Thanks MEC for creating such a... Read More magical and unforgettable evening.

Reviewed on 9/02/2017

I would highly, highly recommend the Monastery Event Center! We had our ceremony and reception there on July 14, 2017. We fell in love with the place the moment we stepped into the building for our first meeting with Lindsey! It is an absolutely gorgeous venue that requires no... Read More decorating of your own. We received so many compliments from our guests on how fabulous they thought the Monastery was. Lindsey and Kris are tremendous to work with from the beginning of the process until your big day. They think of every detail and it is like have a personal wedding planner! I miss working with both of them now that the wedding is over.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Sarah D

The most beautiful, breathtaking wedding venue you will ever see. Not only is The Monastery a historic landmark and architectural dream, their service was incredible. Lindsay helped us plan every detail from day 1, and was always available to talk or answer questions. Kris,... Read More rehearsal/day of coordinator, was AMAZING! She was attentive to every detail, listened, and implemented exactly our vision. Not only were our wedding guests were in awe of The Monastery, they could not stop talking about how good the food and service was too! Total package. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Colleen M

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lindsey, Chris, Trevor and Doug. They are truly the "dream team" when it comes to wedding event planning! Lindsey was attentive to every detail throughout our planning process and went out of her way to answer questions we had and meet... Read More with us to discuss details. She is thorough, professional, and a joy to work with. Our wedding reception was more than we could have ever dreamed of. Everything was perfect! The Monastery staff was hard at work throughout the night making sure we all had a good time. The food was delicious, hot, and served quickly. Many guests raved about the appetizers and our meal. The bartenders were friendly and the bar line was never long...we got lots of compliments on our "signature drink" and the wine selection. Chris checked in on my husband and I throughout the night to make sure we had a drink in our hand...she even helped me safety pin my dress several times when the bustle came out. She was always on top of it! I highly recommend The Monastery. The venue is unique, one-of-a-kind, and beautiful. The staff is a dream to work with and they will make sure your every need is taken care of! They book up fast...so don't hesitate to secure your date!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 H. B

Not only is this unique venue absolutely beautiful, the staff there is amazing! They made all the wedding details very easy to plan and kept the wedding day running smoothly. They paid attention to every little detail, making my daughter's wedding absolutely perfect. The food... Read More was incredible too!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Peish S

We had our reception at The Monastery and I can't recommend it enough! Choosing to have our reception at The Monastery was by far the best and easiest decision we made while wedding planning. Lindsey, Meghan, and Kris were outstanding to work with. Lindsey was extremely helpful... Read More throughout the entire planning process and made sure to help us cover every detail and even helped with vendor set-up/drop offs so that we didn't have to worry about anything the week of our wedding. Kris was there the entire night of our wedding to make sure everything was perfect. All of the other staff there was great throughout the night as well. The service here is unbeatable and our guests were blown away with how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. The Monastery does book out pretty far in advance so I would definitely make an appointment as early as you can if you are interested....you won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Andrea D

Lindsey, Chris, and the whole team at The Monastery are warm and wonderful! If there were 6 stars for rating, I would give them that! Their venue is beyond beautiful and their attention to detail/management is outstanding.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Emma W

There are so many aspects about the Monastery Event Center that are absolutely phenomenal. First and foremost- the staff is incredible. Lindsey is the most warm and helpful person you can imagine. She is organized, prompt, detail oriented and most of all- fun! She made every... Read More step of the process easier. I cannot say enough about how wonderful she is. Kris was absolutely fantastic as well! She made the entire day perfect and thought of everything! The venue is incredible on its own - but the staff makes it come alive. The food was amazing. The bartenders were wonderful. The entire experience just could not have been better from start to finish. I would, without hesitation, recommend the Monastery to anyone getting married. The space is stunning, the food is delicious and the staff is perfect- what more could you ask for?

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Stephanie A

Booking The Monastery was the best decision I made when planning my wedding. The coordinator there, Lindsey, is absolutely amazing. She is very prompt with email and great with planning. They also have a night-of coordinator who was so helpful. She made sure we had food and... Read More drink. She even set aside a plate of food in the kitchen for my brother in law so he could eat after his speech! The venue is obviously stunning and we were getting compliments about it all night long. The food turned out to be great; we didn't love it at the tasting but the chef came out and chatted with us and we made some customization - turned out wonderful! Overall, we had such a wonderful experience with the Monastery. Thank you guys!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Lauren B

The Monastery is an absolutely gorgeous venue! It's unique, historic and over looks the city. The staff was great to work with and helped the whole evening run smoothly! I can't say enough about how perfect my day was and The Monastery and its staff was a huge part of that.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Corrie L

We had our wedding ceremony and reception yesterday November 4, 2016 at the Monastery Event Center. We live in Mt. Adams so it was important to us to be able to have the wedding there as well. There aren't even words to describe how amazing and accommodating everyone was... Read More throughout my planning process all the way up to the minute we got married. Lindsey, Kris and Doug make a fantastic team along with all the other people who worked diligently to make sure our event ran smoothly. Response time was always incredibly prompt and communication was great! I didn't have to worry about a thing! Everything from the food to the setup to the linens was completely taken care of! The staff was so friendly and treated us like royalty all night!! Thank you all so much for ensuring our wedding day was everything we every hoped it could be and more!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Renee S

I can't say enough about the Monastery. Our daughter wanted her dream wedding and they made all of her wishes come true. From the very beginning of planning in November, 2015, to the day of the wedding, August 27, 2016, @ 1 am loading up our car - everything was perfect. Our... Read More family and guests were amazed by the venue, the food, the staff. We were treated as if one of their own were getting married and everything had to be just right!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Leslie H

WOW . . . AMAZING . . . DELICIOUS . . . WONDERFUL . . .PERFECTION !! These were some of the words I heard used by our guests to describe my son's wedding ceremony and reception this past weekend. Working with Lindsey, Chris and Doug, plus their very talented and efficient staff... Read More was a pleasure. Watching the space get "flipped" between the ceremony and reception was like watching a well choreographed dance! The sunlight streaming into this amazing space from the tall, beautiful windows at the ceremony and then the transformation to the interior intimate lighting during the reception set the mood for a fun evening of dancing and celebrating! The entrees were delicious! We served Filet Mignon as one of our entree choices and I can't tell you how many people told me how delicious their steak was. High praise goes to the chef who prepared meals for 220 guests at one time! If you are looking for a venue for your special event, you can't go wrong choosing the Monastery Event Center. Every detail will be taken care of for you - the event will be yours to enjoy! As for my wonderful memories of this special day in my son's and daughter-in-law's life...PRICELESS!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Erin G

If you love history and old world Europe then you will love the Monastery! Restored back to its mid to late 1800's charm, this venue is right for you. On top of Mt. Adams hill overlooking the Ohio River and the city of Cincinnati, sits a historic church now wedding/reception... Read More gem! Equipped with a top notch staff, the Monastery offers excellent personal guidance for all your wedding needs. It is 'one stop' shop that makes life and the stress of planning a wedding much easier. LIndsey and her staff offered a very professional yet extremely personable service that went far beyond our expectations. My daughter's wedding was absolutely beautiful and we would highly recommend you booking asap!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jamie B

The Monastery was an absolutely beautiful space for my August 12, 2016 wedding. My husband and I first saw the space when it was under construction and filled with scaffolding but we could tell it would be something truly amazing, and we were not disappointed. I've seen so many... Read More wedding venues from working and setting up weddings for my family's flower shop in Columbus and have never seen a space as unique, historic and impressive as this. While the Monastery was beautiful, we did have some issues and concerns along the way. Communication was a bit difficult at times and the flower shop (my family's) had issues with responses to emails and phone calls as well as adequate storage space for all of the flowers and decor they supplied. I also felt that it was much more expensive than we expected. While we did go with the highest buffet package and one of the highest drink packages, we still spent more than 2x the minimum with 160 guests. I'd like to think the minimum is close to an average of what you'd spend, but unless you do the lowest buffet and no alcohol, I don't know how you spend that little. All in all, I wouldn't have had my wedding anywhere else, as the space is so amazing, but keep an eye on pricing, things add up fast, especially if you are having your ceremony there and getting ready there.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kristin B

We hosted a corporate anniversary party in September 2016. We first visited the venue while still under construction, but believed in the vision. And it was the right decision. The whole process was incredibly smooth and our employees and guests were impressed. From the... Read More corporate side, prices were reasonable with our budget, and they had a lot of the accessories we would have had to purchase. One of our concerns was that the large space would look empty with the open house-style event we were planning. With a mixture of high tops and rounds, and a few food stations, the room always felt comfortably full. I would definitely recommend this venue.

Meet The Events Director

Lindsey Brown

Lindsey Brown is your professional coordinator. She brings a wealth of knowledge and experience, in addition to her infectious smile and warmth. Contact her directly to schedule a tour and learn more about The Monastery Event Center at [email protected]