The Muckenthaler Mansion

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Muckenthaler Mansion is the premiere North Orange County wedding venue. Located in Fullerton, California, the cultural center has broad lawns, period architecture and Italian Renaissance-style structures that span nine acres looking over a quiet, residential neighborhood. The Muckenthaler Mansion offers several locations for indoor and outdoor receptions and ceremonies for parties as intimate as 130 and as large as 700. The most popular staging areas on the mansion grounds include:

Rose Garden. The Rose Garden is surrounded by colorful blooms that lead to a gazebo in an Italian garden. Chairs for guests are set-up in the lush gardens.

Center Circle Courtyard. The Center Circle Courtyard is ideal for daytime or nighttime ceremonies and receptions. Twinkling lights can be strung along the edges of a tent, or you and your guests can enjoy stargazing under the sky.

Palm Court. Palm Court is an excellent spot for a small, intimate daytime wedding ceremony.

Atrium. If you would like an indoor ceremony or reception, the atrium is an excellent choice. The wood floors are ideal for dancing, and the ornate tiled fireplace adds a bit of character.

Adella and Northwest Lawns. The Adella and Northwest lawns are impressive enclaves for large receptions. Tents can be rented from the mansion wedding planners, or you can choose to forgo the tent and party under the stars.

The Muckenthaler Mansion is a handicapped-accessible cultural center that hosts weddings. To maintain the integrity of the grounds, the mansion does not allow for the use of rice, confetti or birdseed. Rentals include five hours of event time, two hours of setup and one hour for breakdown. Additional time can be purchased at a premium price, but all events must end promptly at 10 p.m. There is no lodging available at the mansion, but there are plenty of hotels nearby.

It is believed the Muckenthaler Mansion is the backdrop in The Great Gatsby. In addition to being significant in literature, the Muckenthaler Mansion offers many extra perks for brides and grooms on their wedding day.

• Exclusive catering services and fall bar provided by Colette's
  • Choice of three different wedding menus
  • Optional tents provided by the mansion

All because two people fell in love...

Let your fairy-tale unfold with the Muckenthaler Mansion as the elegant backdrop on your wedding day! The Mansion sits on 9 acres of lawn. With personal detailed planning, plus Colette’s custom made menus, we will be there from your “Yes” to your “I do.” 2015 Booking Specials available now!

Country Club, Museum, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1568 Kimberly Avenue, Fullerton, CA (714) 447-9190
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Celina C

I was so excited to have found The Muckenthaler Mansion for our wedding venue. It was like a hidden gem in our own backyard. The estate was exactly the type of setting I wanted us to have our wedding. The experience was made even better by the catering team that partners with... Read More The Muckenthaler and Duane who had helped us coordinate everything. We had a small wedding with a group of 90 guests. Although The Muckenthaler can also accommodate a much larger group, the venue was perfect for my wedding size. It felt so intimate and was just beautiful. The decorations are simple, which is what I wanted, but had such huge impact. The strings of lights that hang over the courtyard are so elegant and there is lighting that showcased one of the trees. There is an art gallery, which is an added bonus for cocktail hour. Unfortunately, I learned that the art was taken down. It was not the only reason why I chose to have my wedding at The Muckenthaler, but it was disappointing since I understood my guests would be able to enjoy it. I still had an absolutely amazing time, though! The Muckenthaler partners with Collette's Catering and I couldn't have been more lucky. Not only did it make the process of organizing and planning 1,000 times easier, Collette's Catering was absolutely delicious! They totally take wedding food to another level. The options that we were able to select from all sounded so good, so it was hard to choose, but I'm confident that anything we selected would've worked. As we were eating dinner, we had guests approach us to tell us how much they enjoyed the food. It wasn't just the food either. It also included the wedding cake, which was equally good. Duane from Collette's Catering was such a pleasure to work with as well. His happiness for us was so genuine. I would expect someone from the industry to lose enthusiasm for the event since it's something they participate in frequently, but I did not get that feeling from Duane at all. Also, he was so supportive of how we chose to have our event, which was appreciated since we didn't know the first thing about wedding planning, but knew we wanted it to be a fun and more casual event. He understood our vision from the start and made sure it turned out that way. Duane gave me just the right amount of information I needed without overwhelming me. The week of, I thought it was going to rain, and being from Southern California, I took our weather for granted and did not have a weather plan B. Duane was so sweet and reached out to me several days prior through the day of with weather updates to assure me of the low chance of rain. Just great service overall.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Alice L

The Muck is a beautiful venue. We got married here in July 2016 and booked the venue in January 2016. We had our ceremony outside in the Italian Garden and our reception outside on the Adella lawn. When we first booked the venue we had wanted to have an indoor reception, but... Read More then I saw some photos online of outdoor-held receptions under a beautiful tent, and was sold on that. We also loved the fact that guests can roam around inside the gallery during cocktail hour if they wish (although ours didn't, because most of the action was outside). With that said, the price we were quoted when we signed the contract and the price we ended up paying at the end of the day were very different. We are partially to blame, of course - we added a lot of extras and upgrades along the way. But we wished that Duane would've told us ALL of our options before we signed the contract. It would've been nice to know that getting a tent was an option but that there were different TYPES of tents and different TYPES of dance floors, and getting a beautiful tent would be $8K more, upgrading chairs would be $5/chair, etc. But to be fair, Duane and Sara were both very responsive, professional, and helpful along the way and we were very happy working with them. On the day of the wedding, my nephew who has a gluten and dairy allergy, was given Mac N Cheese for dinner. I specifically told the caterer about his allergies beforehand and they still didn't prepare anything for him. When my brother told the sever that his son can't eat Mac N Cheese, she consulted her notes and said - oh we only wrote down that he's allergic to dairy, not gluten. HELLO! Isn't Mac N Cheese gluten? Unless you're telling me they were serving gluten-free macaroni at my wedding? Please. A few other things to note: they work exclusively with one rental company called Signature Party Rentals. You have to use the two Bose speakers the Muck provides, meaning your DJ can't use his/her own speakers. There is a hard stop at 10pm because the venue is in a residential zone.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

We got married at the Muckenthaler Mansion on April 9, 2016. It was the first venue we toured and we instantly fell in love with the space (and with Duane Greenleaf!) The venue is tucked in a residential neighborhood but still felt separate and unique as it is on a hill with... Read More acres of green grass surrounding it. The outdoor space is just beautiful, especially the Italian lawn where your ceremony happens with lights strung above you. We ended up having to move our outdoor reception inside due to unexpected forecasted rain but it turned out even more intimate and lovely than we could have imagined. Sara and Duane were a pleasure to work with and I only wish that we could have a redo of our wedding to soak in every moment. It just went by way too fast! Thanks again Duane, Sara, and Colette's Catering for the most amazing venue and wedding day! xoxo

Wedding venue

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Stacie P

We had a great experience with the Muck and Colettes catering and our wedding turned out beautifully. The day of coordinator did a great job walking us through our rehearsal and getting all our decorations setup, we enjoyed our tasting and the communication with Duane was great... Read More from start to finish. Everyone absolutely loved the food and the liquor selection was excellent. The cake turned out lovely as well. So all in all we couldn't have asked for a better venue, there were only 2 cons: The cons: 1) they setup tents around the venue for an event they were having on Sunday. This was disappointing as it limited some of our photo opportunities, not majority but was a surprise and inconvenience 2) we had asked what format our slideshow needed to be in to use on their screens and we were told to bring in our laptop. We have a Mac which isn't compatible, it would be nice if they provided the computer or had a DVD player to play it off of so it is isn't a hassle the day of.

Amazing Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Cecile R

Where do I start... We got married this past March at the Muckenthaler Cultural Center in Fullerton and Colette's is the exclusive catering company they use. When looking for wedding venues I had never heard of the Muckenthaler and I grew up near by. When my husband and I... Read More visited this location we just knew it was for us. The beautiful home and the artsy feel of the gallery inside was perfect. It is a unique venue and we liked that it wasn't the "traditional" style of venue. They only do one event a day so there is no rush to get in/out. Also, the price was by far the cheapest I found when hunting for venues -- although we did get married during the "off' season so we had special prices for that. Duane (from Colette's) is the person we dealt with for all our wedding planning at the Muck. He is so friendly and just a lovable guy. He was there with quick responses anytime we had questions/concerns and gladly allowed us to visit when we felt we needed to see the venue again....we booked it over a year ahead of our wedding and with so much planning its easy to forget details about the location. I also chose to have a wedding day coordinator for an additional cost -- so worth it! They take the stress off of you and make sure everything is going as it should. Sara was our coordinator day of and she was wonderful. She checked in with us to make sure we had everything we needed throughout the day. And was even there the day before to help us run through our rehearsal. They even set up our centerpieces for us - we did floating candles in vases which needed some assembly. Okay... now to the food. WOW!!!! My husband and I had a tasting months before to set the menu for our dinner. We chose to do a seated/served dinner and not the buffet. We were given several different options for the dinner and decided on two - the citrus chicken and the tri-tip. We loved both and Duane gave us the great idea of serving a 2 entree dinner to everyone. This way instead of the hassle of trying to find out who wanted chicken or steak everyone gets both!!!!! So easy and it looked fancy! We also did a Cesar salad prior to the main dish. We have received so many compliments on the food at our wedding. Everyone just LOVED it! It was the best "wedding" food I have ever had, it is more like great restaurant quality. For our wedding cake we chose a white cake with strawberry and Bavarian cream filling. It wad delicious. My aunt who hardly eats sweats said she had 2 slices that night! It wasn't heavy at all - the perfect dessert to end the dinner. Not to mention the cake looked stunning, better than the picture I sent. I was very happy with how it looked. Overall I am beyond happy with them and they really made my wedding planning so much easier and stress free!

Historic and beautiful!

Reviewed on 3/17/2013 Jamie Sue A

Lovely all around! Gorgeous venue with amazing historical value! The ONLY reason I give it 4 stars ather than 5 is because the coordinating and catering is done by Colette's and they darn near ruined everything. But the venue itself is stunning!

Absolutely the greatest ever!

Reviewed on 5/30/2012 Janel D

First of all, the Muckenthaler Mansion is beautiful! Secondly, the staff at Colette's Catering is wonderful! Rick Martin is the best coordinator any bride and groom could ever hope for. Rick was helpful, encouraging, and always on the ball with everyhting that had to be... Read More done. He told me things on our wedding day on a "need to know" basis. He kept it stress-free and enjoyable. It was priced right for any budget as well. I recommend Colette's ad the Muckenthaler to anyone getting married in southern California. Also, the potatoes are the best thing on the menu! Even better than the cake!

Excellent Service and Communicaton

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Martha F

The venue was spectacular and the service of Duane and Rick at Colette's catering was tremendous.

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 5/02/2012 Joslyn W

After visiting the Muckenthaler, I knew I really wanted to have my wedding there, but wasn't sure if it would be within my budget. Because Colette's offers discounts through April, I was able to have my wedding there. For the level of service, the quality of food, and all of the... Read More things the staff do to make your day (and the planning leading up to it) go perfectly, Colette's was an amazing value. Their communication was very good and I felt like they tried thier very best to accomodate any request I had. All around, I would highly reccomend them and was very happy with the quality and service they provided.

Spanish-Vintage mansion for the Modern Bride

Reviewed on 4/04/2012 Amanda S

My husband and I were married at the Muckenthaler back in March. From the moment I stepped onto the premises, both of us knew that we HAD to get married here. It was the first and only location we looked at and couldn't imagine getting married and celebrating anywhere else.... Read More The location is vast and wide with multiple areas to choose from for your ceremony and reception. Originally, we were planning on having the ceremony in the garden section and reception on the patio; however, rain cancelled that idea and so both took place inside the mansion and was just as gorgeous as it would have been outside. The mansion has a very vintage vibe to it and always has exhibits showcasing so before and after the ceremony, guests have the opportunity to browse inside and check it out. The interior is magnificent and the landscape outside is to DIE FOR!!! You have multiple areas where a bad photo can't be shot. Whether you're looking to have a small (ours was 85 ppl) or big wedding, the Mansion is a great location. There's lots of parking (and it's free), they only have one event per day so your wedding day will be all about you and well, it's gorgeous! Guest after guest kept complimenting how awesome the mansion was and enjoyed exploring the ins and outs of not just the exhibit but the mansion itself. Colette's Catering handles the event/wedding processes and covers catering so basically all you have to worry about is photography, floral and entertainment. I can't say enough positive traits about the mansion. It holds such a special place in my heart and to know that my friends and family loved it, feels pretty awesome.

Wedded Bliss

Reviewed on 2/07/2012 Jennifer B

We wanted an outdoor wedding and an outdoor reception. We booked the venue because it was not only beautiful, but we loved the idea of having a tented reception. We worked with Duane and with Rick from Colette's to put our event together. Duane is the person we worked with to... Read More book the venue, have our tastings, and organize what we needed to get done. He was also there during the event - but Rick was our go to man during our event. Not only are both of them professional, but were really sweet and very caring about putting on our event with our "vision" in mind. It rained the day before and the morning of our wedding. Let me say, that Rick managed to put together our outdoor ceremony inside and helped us bring out the vision inside with the help of our florist. They are extraordinary people and I am extremely happy to have worked with them. They calmed my fears of having a "circus" tent - the tent was absolutely gorgeous and the food was amazing. Our guests are still raving about the food & cake - both from Colette's.

Budget friendly but...

Reviewed on 1/02/2012 Crystal W

Seemed budget friendly at first, but only the venue and food is included, so it probably starts to add up with flowers, music, etc and you could probably find a nicer "all-inclusive" place with a better deal. The entrance to the venue is right outside a second story old parking... Read More structure... The ceremony area is so small, ghetto looking, and almost connected to the parking structure and this was the main reason we chose not to have our wedding here. We were on a budget, but it would have been embarrasing to have the ceremony here because it totally screamed low budget.

2012-01-05T20:15:22 Response from the vendor

Hello there... we do sincerely hope that you found an "all inclusive" that better suited your vision. We also want to wish you a wonderful first year of your married life.That being said....Since Colette's Events "did not" give you a comprehensive quote, "nor cater your... Read Less Read More

decent venue for decent price

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Brenda W

Room was very nice with dark wood panelining, but lowceilings. I viewed the venue in daylight so I was sold on the roomeith windows and more light (more expensive) but my event was at night so windows didn't make any difference. Also, no really good place to have ceremony so... Read More we had ceremony at different location which was a bummer. The best thing was that they are very flexible with menu! As long as you meet the minimum for your room, it can be any combination of food & beverage. We were on a budget so we went with cocktails-style reception in the smallest room and spent $5000 the on the dot! Planning with the girls was pretty good and Edgar ran the day of our event and he was AWESOME!!!!

Dream come true

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Megan J

I couldn't have asked for a better day! The Muckenthaler Mansion is absolutely a hidden gem in the city of Fullerton. The property is so gorgeous and has so much history as well. Our wedding was 9/10/11 and we booked our wedding in 06/2010 because we knew this place would be... Read More booked. Rick Martin (day of wedding coordinator) and Kristen Wilson (wedding coordinator) were absolutely amazing. From day 1, they always made sure we were taken care of and made aware to me of how much things will cost. No hidden fees! I would definitely recommend Colette's because of their superb service and making me me feel like the bride! It is a beautiful venue so we were expecting it to be so expensive but for everything you get (cake, food and venue--they only do one wedding a day which is awesome!) the price is incredibly reasonable. I'm not an extremely picky person and I'm not saying everything went perfect (the cake accidentally got scraped on the side and the place cards weren't put out on each setting) but it didn't matter. The wedding was gorgeous and I wouldn't have asked for any other way and everyone had a great time (which is the most important in the long run). Thanks Colette's!! Keep up the good work. :)

Lovely afternoon garden wedding

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Ani Q

I enjoyed working with the staff at Collettes Catering. We worked with Kristen who was extremely helpful and always patient with our inexperience with planning an event. We had no idea what we were doing and she was very sweet guiding us through the craziness of planning a... Read More wedding. Every one was pretty nice, but my husband and I thought Kristen was very easy to work with and helped us along when things weren't going exactly as planned.

Beautiful venue, very accommodating

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Hazel A

This was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. My husband and I had approximately 200 guests, which included adults and children. The venue was a great setting for both. It was a beautiful setting for the adults, but the lawn also provided enough space for the kids to run... Read More around and play. The staff was also very accommodating to our requests for foods, which are not typically on their wedding package menu. This did a great job accommodating to our specific needs.

Mixed emotions

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Amee S

I have mixed emotions about Colette's. The Muckenthaler as a location was beautiful, but I am left wondering about Colette's. Ceremony - I had asked several times about sun setting and their thoughts because I figure if you have worked here for years having wedding in the SAME... Read More place, you would know about sun in people's eyes. Well, we had sun in our guests eyes and if we would have started 20-30 mins later, we wouldn't have. The food was great, the servers were clueless - I saw they slap a piece of cake down in front of a guest sitting right next to me! And they were supposed to have a choice since our tiers were different flavors (which you have to pay extra for!) I could go on, but I would rather have a good wedding memory then reflect on the negative. The site is good enough to overshadow some of the negativity with Colette's. So my advice is if you get stuck with them because you love the venue, be VERY detailed and get your answers in writing and hold them to it. Make sure you have someone designated the day of to make sure your requests go through.

Duane was amazing!

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Mireya D

The mansion was beautiful. The food and cake were delicious. Everything was gorgeous! But the person who really made my wedding experience wonderful was Duane! Work with him! He will work within your budget and make everything beautiful. He is so easy to talk to and makes you... Read More feel so comfortable. Even made my family & husband feel comfortable! Duane will make sure your wedding day goes perfect and you will not be disappointed you choose them! I give them 5 stars for service ONLY because of Duane!

Flawless

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Danielle M

Because of Kristen and Rick I did not have worry about anything that day. The food was amazing and our guest are still talking about it.

Dissapointed

Reviewed on 6/29/2011 Jennifer P

We were so happy to have our ceremony here because my husband and I visited at least 10 other places and this was the first site that we both loved. However once we booked with them we had nothing but problems. After we signed the initial contract we recieved the break down of... Read More charges which all of a sudden included a security fee. When I asked about it, they told me that it was included with ALL events however it was not on a single quote prior. Next not once but twice we recieved mail in someone ele's name with my husband's on it. After I brought it to their attention they said that they have volunteers that work there and things get mixed up sometimes. (For the price we paid for just the ceremony no such mistakes should've been made.) Next every time I tried to get a hold of them it was next to impossible however when we met with them at first we were promised they were fully available for us. Then, a week before our wedding they called us to make sure we were still having our wedding there and finally to choose our linens...really unprofessional. Next on the day of the rehersal they had some band warming up for an event that night so it was difficult to run it as well as my step sister got a pin stuck in her foot that was in the grass. Lastly the day of the wedding we had NO ONE from the mansion there to help make sure I could get into the bridal suite. They also stored the flowers from the florist and didn't inform anyone where they were so my MOH had to run around looking for them. I used to plan weddings and I was thouroghly dissapointed and disgusted with their lack of professionalism. Had this not been the only site my husband and I fell in love with, I would've gone somewhere else. DOn't book with them, they act like they're too big and too good to be there for people who don't book their whole event there.

The VERY best

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 Tracy R

Colettes was amazing. That's pretty much the short end of it. It was an all in one price and I did not have to worry about any of the details because Kristen and the Colette's staff made sure they knew exactly what I wanted. We met several times and got to know me and my... Read More husband. Everything they promised, they delivered. They set up all my decorations, ceremony items and cleaned up for me as well as provided all the rentals, linens, ceremony space, bar....everything. My bridal party did not have to do much. They made sure my husband and I ate through out the night and that all my vendors knew where to go, when to do things and how. Kristen is AMAZING. Colette's is amazing. The food was delicious and my guests are still talking about it. They really made my day perfect.

Happiest Day of my Life

Reviewed on 3/28/2011 Lynn M

Colette's Catering was 5 star in every department. I loved their attention to detail and the first class attention they gave to us. We had a very small wedding, and they treated us like a million bucks. The food was fabulous and the tables were beautiful. This is the day we will... Read More never forget. Thank you so much!

In love with The Muck

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Erin d

My fiance and I found The Muckenthaler Mansion in Fullerton after only visting one other potential wedding venue. We fell IN LOVE with the beautiful garden setting and courtyard. It has always been my dream to walk down the aisle outside. The ceremony area, cocktail area, and... Read More dining lawn are all so lovely that we used very little decoration. It seems people spend a lot of money making a ballroom or hotel look "dressed up" with tons of linens, too many flowers, and all of those extras. If you start with a beautiful canvas (like The Muck) it take very little to create a lovely ambience. The caterer that comes along with a contract for The Muck is Colette's Catering and we loved their food. The potatoes and tri-tip were out of this world--we received so many compliments about the food. The cake was modest and simple. It tasted delish! Hats off to the wonderful staff at The Muck and Colette's Catering. (especially our coordinator Kristen!!) -Mr. & Mrs. daRoza

Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/07/2010 jessica t

Duane and Rick were so wonderful and helpful. Rick was our day of coordinator and he walked us through everything and he was so great in answering my emails promptly. It is such a beautiful location!

Beautiful reception location

Reviewed on 9/19/2010 Kristen H

This is a beautiful location and made for a beautiful reception. They do one wedding a day so you have the whole place to yourself. There are also separate areas so you can have your ceremony in a beautiful garden, then cocktails on the patio, then reception on their large lawn.... Read More Plenty of parking and an exclusive caterer (Collette's) so everything is handled.