The Oceanview of Nahant

Nahant, MA

View. Food. Fun. Love.

Most known for our incredible ocean views, our secluded “private island” feel, and our unwavering commitment to making your wedding the event of your life, the Oceanview of Nahant opens our door to you. We invite you to come visit us and experience true New England flair for your special day!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Zero Willow Road, Nahant, MA (888) 581-1301

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Jennifer M

I can't thank oceanview enough for helping me have the wedding of my dreams!! From the very start, the staff at the oceanview were friendly, attentive, and so responsive to all of our questions. My husband and I were sold from the very beginning! Planning a wedding alone with my... Read More fiance living overseas was SO stressful, but Matt and Allison made this process so easy! Every question was answered and every email responded to immediately! I never felt alone in this process bc of them :) Our wedding day itself seemed flawless bc of their impeccable attention to detail and of course bc of Ralph! He was alongside My husband and I for whenever we needed him, making sure the day/night was perfect. From keeping us on schedule to helping bustle my dress, there was nothing he couldn't do. ALL of our guests raved about the food, and I couldn't get enough of my meal. And of course the views...beautiful! From the amazing bar/lounge/cocktail area to the gorgeous ballroom and of course sweeping views of the Atlantic, it was pure beauty. The consensus was this was the best wedding attended in awhile (and our international guests were very impressed). Allison made the planning process and final meeting seem like a breeze. We knew we were in good hands and that makes for a very calm bride ladies!!! 150% recommend this venue as your first and only choice!

2017-01-11T13:08:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jen and Micheal! It was our sincere pleasure to host your wedding day and we appreciate you taking the time to write us this amazing review! Congratulations! Let's see some photos!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Christa M

The Oceanview of Nahant is absolutely amazing! We researched numerous venues before choosing the Oceanview. It has beautiful views of the water and the staff are outstanding: flexible, responsive, thoughtful, and unbelievably helpful. I had countless questions throughout the... Read More wedding planning process and Matt was there the whole way to help me. We even met the owners on several occasions. We were struck by how down-to-earth and involved they are. Genuinely nice people who care about making each couple's night special. They went out of their way to help us bring our vision to life. We would be remiss not mention to food! It is absolutely outstanding. We didn't have high hopes for wedding food - but this is off the charts. Our guests raved about it (we would highly recommend the short ribs and the sliders). The best part is that the Oceanview is affordable. Unlike other venues that nickel and dime you (trust me, this is most venues), the Oceanview is upfront with all of the costs and does not pressure you into anything. It was such a relief to work with people who are more concerned about making your day wonderful rather than finding more ways to extract money out of you. We would highly recommend the Oceanview. It is an amazing location with the most helpful and thoughtful staff you will find. (and they treat their vendors incredibly well - which is not true for a lot of other venues). We would choose them again and again!!

2015-11-04T12:30:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you Christa and Justin! It was an honor to host your gorgeous wedding. You put so much heart and soul into every detail and we loved every moment that we were able to spend with you both during planning and on your wedding day.... Read Less Read More

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Joanna H

My husband and I booked our September 2014 wedding way back in October of 2012, when it was under old management. We were a little nervous at first when we heard that it was bought by new owners, but let me tell you…this place is amazing! It no longer looks outdated, the menu is... Read More fantastic, and the location is just the best! We loved that they only host one wedding at a time. Not only do you not have to worry about Joe Shmoe wandering over from the wedding being held in the next room, but you can trust that the attention is truly being paid to your wedding that day. Oceanview is absolutely beautiful with a great atmosphere, and our wedding was flawless. Our guests loved the food and the hors d'oeuvres, and raved about the slush bar. Everyone is so accommodating, polite, and hard working. Brenda answered my million questions without being phased, and was quick to reply when I e-mailed her. Matt, Michael and Ralph were great as well; you can tell that they really want everything to go right and for their guests to be happy. I can’t say enough positive things about Oceanview and the management, and highly recommend them to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding! You will not regret booking with Oceanview!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Christine S

From our first visit to Oceanview, we knew we had to get married there. The Beachstone Terrace ceremony space is just what we were looking for and those beautiful wooden doors! The cocktail space was equally as gorgeous and another reason we love Oceanview. Working with... Read More Allison made the whole process SO easy, she answered my many questions quickly and was truly a pleasure to work with. We can't forget forget Ralph because he ensured we didn't have to worry about anything, he was always right there whenever we needed anything. We are so happy with the way our day turned out, wouldn't change a thing and can't thank all of the staff at the Oceanview enough for such an amazing day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Samantha W

I can't say enough to praise The Oceanview of Nahant. From the very moment we went to meet with Allison and plan our day, we knew it was the place for us. The location on the beach is amazing and the small details at the Oceanview are perfect for a special occasion. What makes... Read More the venue even better is the fun, professional, knowledgable, and kind staff that make every vision of your day come to life. I can't thank Allison, Caitlin, Ralph, Matt, and others enough for making our guests feel at home and for helping us (the brides) not think about a single detail - it was all done for us with so much care. One moment I remember was the happiness shown on each of the staff members faces. It was as if this was the first wedding they had ever seen - they really were genuinely happy to be part of our special day and we can't be more grateful for the precise planning and execution of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Andrew N

If you are looking for a venue that makes you feel like their sole purpose is to host your wedding, which has countless offerings down to the smallest details, and will help you plan the wedding of your dreams, look no further than The Oceanview of Nahant. We chose to get... Read More married at Oceanview in the winter of 2015/2016 (for a September 2017 wedding) and were instantly blown away by the incredible views, quality of the venue, and the management/staff that made the process feel instantly personal. Since the time which we looked at the venue, countless renovations and improvements were made which look incredible. The Seaview Terrace, new entrance and paint scheme all add a much grander feel to the already stunning property that Oceanview has. The event went flawlessly, all thanks to the unbelievable staff that works at Oceanview. Big thanks especially to Matt and Allison who helped answer our countless questions, provided guidance on the timeline and details of our wedding, and made sure that no mistakes were made. Lastly, the FOOD. People still have not stopped talking about how incredible the food was at our wedding and I agree! The options are fantastic and everything was phenomenal. From the apps and stations, to the main course and our signature cocktails, whoopee pie party favors, s’mores and ice cream truck. Make sure you choose to do the Fire Pit finale at the end of the night. It was an awesome way to talk more with our guests and was definitely a highlight. We HIGHLY recommend this venue for your wedding and could not be happier with our choice to do so.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Mia B

The entire team at Oceanview made our entire day so much fun and stress free! There were a couple of small hiccups and they handled them with such ease that I barely had to think twice about finding a solution for the problems. From the ceremony, to reception and the fire pits... Read More at the end of the night everything went amazingly well! The staff at Oceanview really has thought of everything when it comes to weddings and if I had to do it all over again I would definitely use them again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Amanda T

To all of the amazing staff at The Oceanview Of Nahant, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day absolutely perfect. From the day we booked our wedding date, we knew we had picked the right place just by how welcoming you all were, and by the amount of... Read More effort you put into making sure our day turned out just like we wanted it to. From Matt & Allison answering all of our emails and questions, Caitlin keeping our huge bridal party organized on our rehearsal day, to Ralph sewing the bustle of my dress after it broke just before my father daughter dance, we truly cannot thank you enough. Every request we made, you made sure to exceed our expectations. Our ceremony and reception came out absolutely beautiful, and it was truly all because of your hard work and dedication. Three months later, we are still hearing from our guests just how beautiful the view and venue was, as well as how delicious your food & champagne were. We would recommend you a hundred times over to any bride and groom, and we continue to tell all of our friends who are looking for a venue that there really isn’t any other place better. Thank you for being so amazing and for giving us a day that we will cherish forever. Amanda & Edi Rovi June 24, 2017

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Lauren T

My husband and I got married on July 28, 2017 at the Oceanview and we have nothing but amazing things to say about this venue. From the moment we went to visit the Oceanview as a potential venue, to the day of our wedding, our experience has been nothing short of spectacular.... Read More Allison and Matt were always so quick to answer emails and return phone calls with any questions we had along the way. On the day of our wedding everything went so smoothly and perfectly and that is because of all the hard-working and caring staff at the Oceanview. I cannot tell you how many friends and family members commented on how impressed they were with the staff members at the Oceanview on the day of our wedding. We are so grateful to have found such an amazing venue to celebrate the best day of our lives.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jess F

The Oceanview was only the second venue my now husband and I toured in our wedding planning process. We were done after that! I fell in love with this venue from the moment I walked up to the door to the welcome sign with our names on it. The outdoor setting is gorgeous and... Read More private and the physical facility is also very tasteful and classy. They were very thorough and helpful throughout every decision, even up until the day before when it was forecast to possibly rain when we had planned an outdoor ceremony. We are both super low key in terms of wedding planning, which I’m sure can be frustrating to vendors because we give so little direction. The Oceanview, and Allison in particular, helped us clearly sort through all the decisions we needed to make. We couldn’t have been happier with the results. We were lucky enough to have the rain hold off and hold a perfect outdoor ceremony. We opted for the clambake option, which was truly amazing. All of our guests were incredibly impressed by the venue and the food. I can’t count the number of “best wedding ever!” comments we received. The entire day from arrival to departure went off seamlessly for us. I couldn’t recommend this venue more!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Maria M

The Oceanview is an amazing value! They have done an excellent job remodeling and offer pretty much anything you could be looking for in a reception. With all their options and add ons they can meet the needs of many different styles of weddings. The views are stunning! It was... Read More the first venue we looked at and as soon as we went upstairs and looked out at the ocean we knew it was it. You are guaranteed to get incredible photos! Inside is modern, but still has a romantic and intimate feel. We got married in a private ceremony then had our reception on a separate weekend. We did the clambake and it was a ton of fun. Our guests raved about the lobster. They also loved the deck and beach. The deck right off the ballroom is great because guests can enjoy being outside by the beach without missing the action inside. The service throughout the day was phenomenal. They were always bringing my husband and I drinks and food when we were too busy to even realize we were missing things. We are dying for someone else we know to have an event there so we can go back!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Laura L

When it comes to the Oceanview, all my husband and I can say is wow! We were basically speechless when we first went to check out the Oceanview of Nahant. We knew we wanted a beach-side wedding, but when we compared the other venues to the Oceanview there was never another... Read More option. The quaint and quiet town of Nahant amplifies the serenity of being by the ocean at this venue. The staff is beyond helpful and always accommodating, putting all worries at ease. The speed of their responses to any questions or concerns we might have was always lightening fast even during their busiest times. The tasting events that they offer several times a year helped us pick the perfect menu that our guests are still raving about! Ralph, their wonderful bridal concierge, took care of everything for us the day of our wedding so that we could sit back and enjoy ourselves. Overall, a truly wonderful venue that helped us have the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Molly F

We had our wedding at Oceanview on 8/11/17. I cannot imagine a better place to get married. From the first time I walked into Oceanview over 15 months before our wedding I felt so taken care of by their staff. Allison was my primary contact and she always had an answer for even... Read More my tiniest of questions. She took her time with us, made us always feel comfortable and truly was an amazing resource throughout the wedding process. She worked with my often non-traditional work schedule and even helped me to get things done ahead of time when I knew work was going to pick up right before our wedding. Oceanview really offered us everything you could dream of - and even some things I would never had dreamt up but needed to have when I saw them. Over the 15 months we were regularly impressed by the improvements and new innovative wedding ideas Oceanview would post on their Facebook, only heightening our excitement when we saw each new improvement. On our wedding day, Ralph, Allison and Matt made us feel so taken care of and our families are still raving about the experience and the food. A bride doesn't want to worry about anything on her wedding day and I never once worried about a thing all day knowing that I had the Oceanview team behind me. I cannot say thank you enough to Oceanview for everything they did to make our wedding day amazing.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Megan M

We can't thank the Oceanview enough for giving us a perfect wedding on 7/29/17. Everyone who works there is was calm and supportive throughout the entire process so I knew our wedding would be amazing, but the Oceanview still managed to exceed my expectations. Our guests loved... Read More the food. Our family kept commenting on how fresh and delicious everything was and were especially impressed when the chef came up to introduce himself. Ralph made sure everything went according to schedule and that my husband and I did everything we were supposed to do. I'll never forget the cake cutting when he actually scored the cake so we knew where to cut and told us exactly how to place our hands on the knife. My husband and I were so thankful because we had no idea what we were doing! I highly recommend the s'mores and the fire pit finale. It was so nice to be able to slow down, relax, and talk more with our guests at the end of the night. Finally, the best part about the Oceanview is the view. It is simply stunning. Everyone commented on how beautiful it was and loved taking pictures out on the deck. It was the perfect backdrop for a perfect day.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Jose S

Such a beautiful location and amazing staff...they made my wedding more than special...thank you so much oceanciew..if you havent chosen your venue definitely consider this place youll be more than satisfied.

2017-07-21T17:07:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review! We are so happy to know that you were pleased with the outcome of your big day! We appreciated being able to be a part of it. Congratulations! Team OV!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kaley L

My husband and I had our reception at Oceanview on 6/3/17. I can’t say enough good things about this venue and its staff! From the moment we toured it two years before our wedding date, we knew this was the place for us. With an unbeatable view of the ocean, remarkable... Read More renovations, and delicious food, I can guarantee that you will not find a better wedding venue on the North Shore. Throughout the entire planning process, Allison and Matt were very quick to respond whenever I had a question. About 3 weeks before our big day, we met with Allison to go over every detail. She was very good at reminding us of things that we may not have thought about, and she even came up with an awesome signature drink for us to serve to our guests! Two days before the wedding, we dropped off all of our wedding décor (guestbook, card box, place cards, etc.) and the Oceanview staff made sure it was setup perfectly on our wedding day. We had nothing to worry on our wedding day about thanks to Ralph and the rest of the staff. Ralph made sure that we were always on time and everyone was where they were supposed to be. (This was very helpful, because the day flies by without you even noticing it!) Our guests could not stop raving about the hors d’oeuvres throughout the night. Also, you HAVE to try the raspberry champagne. We have had people that normally don’t like champagne asking us where to buy it because it is that delicious. We ended our night with a dance on the beach surrounded by our friends and family holding sparklers, and it was the most memorable moment of my life. Thank you Oceanview for helping us create beautiful memories that will last a lifetime!

2017-07-21T17:12:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the amazing review! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a heart-felt letter! We love the champagne too and get RAVE REVIEWS on it all the time! It is the only champagne toast we have found where all the guest... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Kristin J

We got married at the Oceanview on June 10, 2017 and I cannot begin to explain how amazing the day was. Allison is AMAZING! My mother and I met with her to take a tour and she 100% sold us on getting married at Oceanview. My husband and I were engaged for two years and Allison... Read More stayed in touch with me the entire time answering all of my obnoxious emails. The day of the wedding I never felt stressed. Allison & Ralph were fantastic. My mother still talks about how sweet and kind Allison is. My guests are still raving about the short rib dinner and the late night bite Chinese food and obviously the gorgeous view. Oceanview (especially Allison) made my wedding day a dream come true and I will be forever thankful!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Raven V

Wow, where do I even begin? Chris and I were married on June 23, 2017. From the moment I stepped through the doors at the Oceanview and was greeted by a friendly fellow named Matt, I knew this would be the place where I would get married. They are so detail oriented, it's truly... Read More remarkable. Everything about this venue is top-notch. The breathtaking views, the delectable food, the incredible service/bartenders... I could go on. It even smells good in there. They truly make you feel like you are the only people that matter to them. Matt was wonderful during our initial consult and subsequent meetings. He was very flexible and accommodating to our vision. The grand tasting they put on was out of this world, we had the best time. Our final meeting was held with Allison, and she could not be more of a sweetheart. Every single detail that was mentioned to her was executed flawlessly on the day of our wedding. Caitlin was also extremely nice and helpful on our wedding day. She truly went above and beyond helping out some of our elderly guests, and that did not go unnoticed. Last but not least, Ralph was a true hero. Not only did he keep us on schedule and ensure we had everything we needed, but when a guest accidentally stepped on my dress and one of my bustle hookups broke off, In a matter of mere seconds, Ralph sewed it right back in like nothing had happened. He is truly the best of the best. Thank you, Ralph! We have been getting phone calls from guests for the past two weeks, raving about the Oceanview. I can't tell you how many times the word "perfect" was used. If you are considering this venue, cancel your tours elsewhere, and look no further than right here. To the entire team at the Oceanview, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We had the absolute best day of our lives, and you made all our dreams come true. With love and eternal gratitude, Raven and Chris Coakley

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Sara P

From the moment we arrived for our first meeting, we knew that was where we had to get married. Everybody was so friendly, professional, quick to respond to ALL of my annoying questions (haha), and always seemed genuinely happy to be a part of the Oceanview team. It is very... Read More obvious that everyone there loves what they do, and they make it their own personal goal to make sure that we had the wedding of our dreams - and we really did. We were told in the beginning to let them take care of everything on the day of the wedding, and that made me a little worried since I can be a control freak! They really did have everything under control and we were able to have the time of our lives. The food was incredible, the staff was amazing, and don't even get me started on the view!!!! Our guests have been raving for the last three weeks about how perfect everything was. We cannot thank everyone at Oceanview enough for giving us the most amazing and memorable day of our lives!!! :-)

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Brittany H

We got married at The Oceanview on May 26, 2017 and I cannot imagine having had our celebration anywhere else! The view is of course stunning and the renovations are incredible! All of our guests have said that it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to; from the ceremony at... Read More Beach Stone Terrace to the reception with the greatest food (I will never forget those grilled cheese with tomato soup shooters) and of course the S’mores fire-pit finale. Planning our wedding was easy with Allison & Matt, they were always very prompt with responses to any questions we had and willing to accommodate our requests. The day of we had Ralph to help us stay on track, he is amazing! Even when the weather looked like it wouldn’t cooperate, the staff was constantly checking the forecast for us and had multiple back up plans in place. We will never forget our incredible day at The Oceanview. Thank you so much to the staff and the incredible venue you’ve put together!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Rachel L

Having my wedding at the Oceanview was a dream come true. When we walked into the venue two years ago, we knew this was the place we wanted to be married. Since booking it, they have made a ton of amazing renovations including their beach stone terrace and a new entrance.... Read More Leading up to the wedding I had a ton of questions, and Matt answered them so quickly and patiently. The day of the wedding ran so smoothly. Ralph is amazing - he made sure we were at ease, knew exactly where to be, and helped bustle my dress! We have been getting calls for days since our wedding on 6/17/17 and truly had the most magnificent wedding imaginable. Thank you so much to an amazing group of people at an amazing venue!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Gina S

The Oceanview is truly the best venue in the world! After visiting a few years ago for a family wedding, I knew that this is the place I wanted to get married. And this was even before all of the changes that they've made inside and outside the venue. Every year the place just... Read More keeps getting better and better. It really just shows how much that the owners care as they are constantly making the venue better. Allison, Caitlin, Matt, Ralph and the rest of the team were so accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. They were even nice enough to give me extra time to decide to on where I wanted to set my ceremony up because of changes in the weather. My guests are all still talking about how delicious the food was and they are a tough crowd.. You can't be the location and the view! I could not have imagined a more perfect place!

2017-06-13T18:58:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! It was our honor to be a part of your wedding day and we appreciate having had the opportunity! Congratulations and we wish you both the very best!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Megan V

I wanted to write this review because i feel its important for other brides to know about the professionalism and attention to details this venue offers. Although i didn't choose this venue(we chose to do destination) i did meet with Matt. Matt is wonderful, he is very upfront... Read More and honest about the pricing and this venue is very much a one stop shop. They have pay attention to the little things and do it right. I know i appreciated the extra add-on's that were included in the pricing. I hope other brides give this venue a look its a beautiful venue with everything you are looking for. I highly recommend this venue!!

2017-06-13T19:00:25 Response from the vendor

Thank You Very Much!!!!! We would have loved to be able to host you but appreciate you taking the time to tell other potential couples about us! Good Luck!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Jonna M

Chris and I got married at the Oceanview of Nahant on June 24th, 2016. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect summer day! The weather was beautiful and the staff at Oceanview did an outstanding job with all the details! We were a little nervous at first because the new... Read More ceremony site was being constructed after we had already decided to have our wedding at the Oceanview, so we had no idea how things would look besides some blueprints. We put our faith in the Oceanview and they did not disappoint!!! The ceremony site was more beautiful than I imagined. Our reception was put together so well, and the food was amazing! From the cocktail hour with the raw bar, to the fabulous dinner with scallops and braised short ribs, to our "late nights bites" of delicious Chinese food, complete with containers for guest to take home, and our fire pit finale with the s'mores...everyone loved the food! Ralph was terrific, always checking in with us and making sure we had a drink, and coordinated everything perfectly so we didn't have to think about anything at all, except for each other and the fun we were having with family and friends. Matt, Allison and Brenda were wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process and were so nice, even when I felt like I was pestering them with my many emails! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Thank you Oceanview!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Danielle C

I’ve gone back and forth as to whether or not I should write a review; but here goes. I married my best friend at the Oceanview earlier this month; unfortunately, we did not receive the same stellar treatment indicated in the other reviews on this site. The good – The venue... Read More itself is absolutely gorgeous – the location, regardless of weather is beautiful. The food was fantastic. We received great feedback from our guests and the chef even came out to introduce himself. At the end of the day those were the highlights from our time at the Oceanview. I was not a demanding or stressed out bride. In total I sent 6 emails to the Oceanview with various questions in the last few months leading up to the wedding. In some instances in took up to three days to get a response and when I resent emails to include other parties in order to get a response I was made to feel like a rude inconvenience. I was disappointed in the staff on the day of my wedding. Everyone had talked up Ralph’s involvement; indicated he would be my ‘go-to’, making the day go smoothly. Despite what the reviews here say Ralph did not help to bustle my dress or ensure my husband and I had drinks in hand all night – nothing of the sort. At one point during the evening, he disappeared completely and another staff member indicated he was busy dealing with an issue for another wedding – which was confusing since our wedding was the only one occurring at the venue that evening. We had added the ‘pin lighting’ to highlight the centerpieces ($200), halfway through the night, two pin lights had burned out – including the one at the sweetheart table – this was never addressed by the staff. The top of our cake is missing a large chunk out of it because it was haphazardly thrown into a box by the Oceanview staff. At the end of the day, my husband and I did not opt for the additional frills that the Oceanview offers…up-lighting, photo booth, fire pits, open bar, etc. Unfortunately, I feel like we received sub-par treatment because of this. After our experiences, we have not been able to recommend the Oceanview to others looking for a venue for their wedding.

2016-12-13T13:18:58 Response from the vendor

Dear Danielle, First, let me thank you for your feedback no matter the context as all feedback is utilized, dissected and shared with the entire team so that we can learn, grow and ultimately become better at what we do. Although we cannot change your... Read Less Read More