The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant

Basking Ridge, NJ

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Grand Washington Ballroom is the largest indoor space in the property with a capacity of 240 guests. Its interior decor features hanging chandeliers, antiqued glass mirrors, wall sconces and an elegant French door. Couples and guests can choose to access the equally adorable complementary Lord Stirling court during the event.

The Grain House comprises three distinct rooms namely Fox & Hounds, Hunt Room & Pub, and the Grain Room. These rooms have individual capacity of 40 to 120 guests depending on the furniture arrangements. Set amidst the rolling hills, a meandering stream and a natural woodland, the Grain House is ideal for smaller yet intimate ceremonies or receptions.

The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant property has a number of beautiful outdoor space options for the ceremony or reception. Couples can choose to use the classy buildings, the well-trimmed lawns, the gazebo or the scattered tree lines as the backdrop of their event. The airy nature and calm ambience of the outdoor spaces is both inspiring and romantic.

The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant has a total of 102 guest rooms for travelling couples and guests. Some of the rooms available are custom designed to offer an allergy-friendly environment complete with modern amenities.

To save on costs, the management of The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant encourages couples to take advantage of various special offers and wedding packages. Some of the packages offered by the venue include:

• Romance package
  • Stay & Dine package
  • Hometown Heroes package
  • Short-term Wedding package

The venue offers several meal options such as buffet, stations and plated. These meal options vary in pricing per person. Also, upon request, The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant can organize for wine tasting sessions.

The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant has a health and fitness program for overnight guests or couples who wish to spend their honeymoon in the premises. The fitness program includes yoga sessions, bike cycling, fresh juicing and gym sessions.

At The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant, the experienced and accomplished staff provide catering services for the ceremony or reception. The planners readily create an exclusive menu for the event upon request by the couple. Additional perks provided by The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant include:

• Wheelchair-accessible venues and rooms
  • Shuttle services
  • Ample parking
  • Off-site catering
  • Gift cards with some packages

Customized Weddings with Affordable Elegance

A gorgeous country inn on 10 acres provides the perfect ambiance for the wedding of your dreams. The Inn becomes your country estate for the afternoon or evening with beautiful lawns and gardens for your outdoor ceremony, and meticulous attention to all details for both large and intimate weddings.

Ballroom, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2007

225 Rt 202 (GPS 225 Morristown Road), Basking Ridge, NJ (908) 696-2315

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Annie V

Wow - where to begin. Two months later we are still floating on air from how perfect our November wedding at the Grain House was. We cannot thank maitre'd Amanda Virga and her team enough - they really go above and beyond - anything we could have wanted was thought about and... Read More taken care of before we even had a moment to worry about it. The team at the Olde Mill Inn are consummate professionals - our guests keep telling us what an amazing wedding it was, the best they have been to, and how what stood out to them was how impeccable the service was. We even had a few friends return a few weekends after with their families for a Thanksgiving get away! Planning a wedding we heard over and over, "choose a few key things that are important to you and your fiancé" - we knew good music (and our DJ was amazing), and good food were the most important. Little did we imagine that we would get a gorgeous, intimate venue, a maitre'd/wedding coordinator who addressed all our concerns from A-Z, and top notch service -our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn was really beyond anything we could have imagined. We are so grateful to Amanda and her staff for the perfect day that we will remember for a lifetime. Can't wait to come back for our anniversary weekend!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Maggie H

My fiancé and I had a short engagement and found the Grain House on the recommendation of a family friend who attended a wedding there. How lucky we were! We met Lindsay Stewart and once we saw the venue, we were sold. The charm and intimacy of the Grain House were just what we... Read More were looking for. We booked our winter wedding, with the property still decorated for Christmas. Between Lindsay and John Lietz, all of our questions and concerns were addressed so quickly. It was so easy to plan our wedding- we had the ceremony in the Hunt Room and then went upstairs for a fabulous cocktail hour in the Fox and Hound Room. All we really needed to do was book a DJ, florist, photographer and pick a cake. They literally do almost everything else for you. And help you with the other things. We were SO thrilled with the outcome- the food was fantastic, the party was rocking, the breakfast brunch the next morning was perfect. We had so many additional requests of John and his assistant Kate at the last minute for the tables and the room, and they handled everything perfectly. These people are a well oiled machine and they know how to run a party. Everything went perfectly from start to finish and all our guests raved about the wedding. Thanks to all!!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Crystal F

I had my ceremony, reception, after party, hotel, guest rooms, and post wedding brunch at The Olde Mill Inn. EVERY aspect of my wedding was exactly what I wanted it to be. The people who work there are AMAZING! Lindsay Stewart was the first person I spoke with and she helped... Read More me decide which location (Ballroom or the Grain House) was right for me. She was also very helpful and accommodating with tweaking the menu to fit our tastes and budget. Our next and main contact was Amanda Virga, our Maitre' d. She was so quick in answering me back with any question I had, and I had a lot close to the wedding! Having her support made me confident that everything would run smoothly and it did. I can't think of a single snag that I ran into and as I mentioned above, every aspect of my wedding was at The Olde Mill Inn. I had multiple pieces for each centerpiece and table (I know, probably overkill!) and Amanda never made it feel like it was a chore to set up. She was right by my side whenever I needed her throughout the night and I couldn't be more grateful. The wait staff and bartenders were very friendly! I have to give a special thanks to the late night bartender at the Grain House who put up with us after the reception! The individuals at the reception desk were so helpful and ridiculously friendly. Thank you! The food was awesome! We decided to go with the Cocktail Reception so we would have more time to dance and less time sitting. I am so glad we did! We still had a cocktail hour with a signature drink and passed hors d-oeuvres, a tapas table, and a cheese table. All of which were great, especially the samosas and scallops wrapped in bacon (my husbands favorite). I can't lie, I did not try much of anything during the reception. I was having too much fun dancing and talking to eat BUT from what I hear from my husband and guests the food was great. MANY people have told me that we had the best wedding food they've ever had and these people aren't ones who don't me lip service! We had a southern station with mac and cheese and pulled pork, a mexican station with tacos and empanadas, italian station, and trays of saffron rice and jerk chicken. There was plenty to choose from and everyone found something they LOVED. I am vegetarian and they found vegetarian empanadas for me without even asking (I did try that! Very good). My husband kept going back and getting more from each station. He loved it! The Location The reception area had multiple rooms that we moved between. The room we had for the cocktail hour also had a deck which I absolutely loved. It was such a beautiful day and I'm happy I had inside and outside options for the cocktail hour and the reception. The reception area had an outside covered patio where we set up the band and spent most of our time. When I started looking for a venue I originally wanted it to be all outside but I soon realized that if it was too hot (August wedding) or it rained then it could be miserable. The grain house has a great compromise with the deck in the cocktail area and the reception opens up to a large patio. The Olde Mill Inn had everything I wanted. I better wrap this up... The ceremony space was beautiful. The hotel rooms were cozy. I got the bridal suite and it was well worth it to get ready in. Very spacious and perfect for pictures. The breakfast in a private room and the food was plentiful and great. If you choose The Olde Mill Inn you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Lauren R

This was the first and only place my husband and I looked and knew right away this was where we wanted our wedding. Lindsay Stewart first introduced us to the olde mill and we booked right away. Marien was or Matre d and made sure the day went perfect. The olde mill inn is... Read More such a beautiful, quaint, cozy atmosphere with amazing food! Perfect for a wedding! Thank you all!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Rebecca L

Amazing. My husband and I got married here back in September. We had a small wedding of about 85 guests. Lindsey Smillie, the manager who booked our wedding, was the sweetest girl I've ever met and helped us out so much. Unfortunately, she has since passed away. We were... Read More extremely grateful to meet her and The Olde Mill Inn did a fantastic job commemorating her. We got married outside of the Grain House in their gazebo. Our maître d, Amanda Virga, was extremely accommodating. She basically bent over backwards for us and she did it all with a smile on her face! We look forward to coming back for our anniversary for years to come! Thanks again for being more than hospitable towards everyone. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Jackie R

Fantastic experience from start to finish. We were looking for a place that was cozy and a bit rustic but, would fit about 75 people for the reception. The Grain House was perfect, with the Inn to accommodate our out of town guests. Amanda was excellent to work with, being open... Read More to our crazy ideas and always responsive to our questions. We had a specific idea of our décor and had lots of fun working with her to create our vision. The day of our wedding, every detail was attended to and the set up was beyond my expectations! The place is amazing and the food is outstanding. Our guests all commented on it! I would highly recommend it. I only hope I can attend someone else's wedding and enjoy it as a guest too!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Alana I

I had my dream wedding at The Olde Mill Inn! When we first walked into the Grain House, my husband and I knew this was the venue. It has that rustic charm without having to do all of the work of bringing in everything yourself and coordinating vendors. The Olde Mill Inn makes... Read More everything stunning and virtually EFFORTLESS. My husband and I were particularly impressed with the fact that this venue had a destination feel for our in town guests, rooms for our out of town guests, the gorgeous indoor option in case of inclement weather, and the fact that they were such a well-oiled machine that they had weddings going even during hurricane Sandy! We felt very confident in booking this venue. We started off working with Lindsey Stewart, who carefully addressed all of our questions and worked with us on the initial details. At the OMI, you are treated like a queen from the first meeting. On the day we booked the venue, we were treated to complimentary lunch at the Grain House just for having to wait an extra few minutes for Lindsey! In the year leading up to the wedding, my family, husband and I visited the venue many times for brunch or lunch. Each time we were treated with the utmost respect and offered highly sought after reservation times. We picked many of our vendors based on the recommendations of Lindsey Stewart, and had the opportunity to meet some at the yearly wedding expo. All of our vendors were AMAZING and worked together so well having been familiar with the venue and even each other. We highly recommend you choose vendors that know the venue well. The food is INCREDIBLE. Our wedding was a month ago, and friends are still raving about the food. Highly recommend the mashed potato bar – this was the biggest hit!! We had our wedding on a Sunday and chose the Simply Elegant package with a few additions and it was plenty. You get to do a sit down tasting a few months before. It is a multi course dinner where you get to taste the majority of the menu. We did not try a single item that was disappointing, and it was nice to have the opportunity to try the food beforehand because the day of the wedding we were way too busy having fun to eat. ! Speaking of, I HIGHLY recommend that when given the choice you opt for the private cocktail hour with butler service. This will be your only opportunity to stuff your face! The tasting also gave us a chance to meet Amanda Virga, our rockstar maître d’. Amanda made everything beautiful and effortless. We gave her some decorations that we had found at Michaels and she used them to completely transform the Hunt room into a rustic elegant masterpiece. I nearly cried, everything looked so beautiful! She was very personable and made sure everything ran perfectly. Grandpa absent mindedly almost ruins your moment walking down the aisle? No problem for Amanda! Furthermore, Amanda made sure I always had a drink in hand and was having a good time. Don’t even get me started on the fabulous newlywed suite filled with chunks of cake, chocolate covered strawberries, desserts and champagne that she discretely snuck to our room. My husband and I could not ask for a better wedding or a better wedding venue. I’m recommending this venue to EVERYONE I KNOW in hopes that one day someone else will have an event here and I can enjoy it all over again.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Stephanie W

My husband and I had our wedding at the Grain House at the Olde Mill Inn and there are not words to describe how amazing it was. From the second I saw the venue, met Marien, and was presented with all of the wonderful attributes the Olde Mill Inn, I was sold. My husband and I... Read More had the most magical day. Amanda took care of absolutely everything, with a smile on her face. My day was a complete fairytale and everything I could have possibly imagined. We were taken care of all weekend, all of my anxieties were quelled by the staff, and my guests were in awe. The food was incredible, the wait staff was impeccable, and the overall atmosphere was perfection. Everyone should have their wedding here!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Bonnie I

We had our daughter's wedding a few weeks ago at the Olde Mill Inn in the Grain House and the entire experience felt like a dreamy fairy tale for all of us. In reading all the rave reviews on this site about the venue and our maitre'd Amanda Virga, I wondered what could I... Read More possibly say that hadn't been said already? First, we clicked with Amanda's warm and welcoming personality at our tasting and knew we were with someone who would do an outstanding job with all the wedding coordination. We absolutely adored her and her execution of every detail was flawless. I am a Program Manager for a Fortunate 500 company and have HIGH expectations when it comes to service and in this case the stakes are high. Amanda exceeding my expectations starting with the night before dinner where she made the room look romantic and magnificent to the entire wedding day. We had one hiccup with lost ties for the groomsmen where she helped keep us calm while there was a massive search to find them! The OMI was a historic and classic backdrop for a romantic and magical weekend. Our guests raved about the beautiful outdoor ceremony space, food, grounds, and the Inn itself since we had a lot of out of town guests. Everything met my high standards. I also want to take this opportunity to thank Mike Pellegrino from Jardiniere Fine Flowers for transforming the Grain House room into a lush country setting and for building a chupa that was so magnificent that our guests can't stop calling and raving about how beautiful it all was.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelly B

The Olde Mill Inn is the perfect place to get married. We had everything at one location: ceremony, reception, after-reception drinks at the bar, rooms for us and our guests, and a family brunch. The space is beautiful but what we really loved was how great the food is! They... Read More have so many options that are not just the run-of-the-mill wedding food. They were flexible and allowed us to customize our menu. John was our maître-d and he was amazing. He really helped make our day perfect from our planning meetings to our check-out. We definitely recommend working with the Olde Mill Inn to plan your wedding reception.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kelly C

My wife and I booked The Olde Mill Inn for our wedding in November 2015 (and we're the worst, which is why we didn't write this last year). We booked through Lindsay, and we had a lot of special requests to make, and she was able to accommodate all of them. We are very... Read More hands-off and didn't want to have to make constant judgment calls and book a bunch of vendors, and the Olde Mill took care of everything, all we did was bring in an officiant and a DJ. We didn't even hire a florist, because everything looked great without needing to bring in a few thousand dollars' worth of flowers. Our Maitre D' was Amanda, and she was excellent. We sorted out all of the details with her leading up to the wedding, and she took care of everything, including all of the ridiculous special requests that we had made with Lindsay. All day, we didn't have to think of anything in terms of planning, and that's the highest compliment that I can think to give for day-of coordinator. Amanda ran the whole day extremely smoothly, including handling a guest from the Midwest who was not used to an open bar, and caused what would absolutely have been a scene, if not for Amanda and her staff. Anyone who has gotten married can attest to the fact that you don't get to eat at your own wedding, but Amanda made sure we got two dinners sent to our room afterward, without our needing to ask. We were upgraded to the deluxe suite on the day of, which was beautiful, and the breakfast the next day was great. As a lesbian couple, we looked at many venues, and were very picky about making sure that the place we went with was thoughtful and inclusive, not tolerant (because what kind of a low bar is that?) and the Olde Mill didn't disappoint. I would wholeheartedly recommend Amanda and Lindsay to take care of everything!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Julia M

Highly recommend the Olde Mill Inn! We were guests at a friend's wedding a few years back and loved it so much that we decided to have our wedding there, too. John did a wonderful job!!!! He answered all emails and made sure to make our wedding perfect-- and Lindsay did an... Read More awesome job setting us up. We made such happy memories there this past August. Great spot for a great day!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016

Brian and I had a short engagement and the first thing we wanted to finalize was the date and location. I did my research online and planned the places to visit that included the Grain House at the Olde Mill Inn. It was the second place we visited and fell in love with it... Read More immediately. What sold us to this place: the gazebo garden for the ceremony and the intimate and rustic place of the Grain House for the cocktails and reception. We wanted a small wedding with less than 100 guests and this was the perfect place. We had a great help from Lindsay Stewart, Director of Social Sales. She answered all our questions and more. We were then assigned our Maître D 2 months before our wedding , Amanda Virga. I had the pleasure of working with her, she is the best !!!! You will not need a wedding coordinator – she is there to represent Olde Mill and what the place has to offer but most of all, she is also there to help and assist you to make your dream wedding come true. We did not have a wedding planner, I coordinated with Amanda details of the wedding and she put everything into place. We provided wedding materials/ decors and Amanda took care of setting up everything . Amanda also worked with all our vendors to make sure the flow of the program/wedding was seamless. My praise for Amanda is endless … she was working too hard that we did not get a chance to pose for a picture together but I knew she was everywhere making sure everything was in order. I normally like to manage everything but come wedding day – I was so relaxed ( my pics would show it because I could not stop smiling and laughing ), I knew Amanda had my back . The ceremony chairs were set-up early for the wedding and everything just looked lovely. The ceremony was beautiful ! Everyone loved the cocktails. And the reception - everyone just had a great time . We had the dance floor outside under the white tent, it was enchanting! The food and the drinks, the quality was beyond and better than we expected . It was a wedding to remember and cherish – thanks to the Olde Mill Inn , the staff and special mention to Lindsay and Amanda ! The perfect team!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Carol v

We had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge, NJ on 8/20/2016 and it was beautiful. We had 225 guests and this venue exceeded any and every expectation you could possibly have for a wedding venue. The staff, and especially our maitre d Marien, was unbelievably... Read More professional, detail-oriented, and accommodating from first glances as an overwhelmed engaged couple to final goodbyes as husband and wife. The Olde Mill Inn offers an impressively wide arrange of food options for the bride and groom to select to have served on the day of the wedding and this includes hors d'oeuvres, food stations, entrees, and even desserts. The quality of the food was incredible and our guests raved about their dining experiences during the wedding and days after. The Olde Mill Inn staff especially prides themselves on giving the bride and groom the notion that the day of the wedding is a worry-free experience where every detail you can think of has already been taken care of. I highly recommend the Olde Mill Inn and their staff as they gave my husband, myself, our families, and all of our guests an unforgettable wedding experience.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016

We had my daughters bridal shower at The Grain House in the Fox and Hound room and it was the best decision I have ever made! From the beginning when we had the initial tour and sit down with Marien till the last minutes of our party we were treated like queens! The room and... Read More atmosphere is beautiful , the grounds are lovely . The food was delicious and plentiful. Marien , Ashley , Samuel and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make sure the day was perfect for my daughter , family and friends. All of our guests raved about the party. We will be back! Thanks for making this day so special !

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Kristen C

The Olde Mill Inn was the first place that my fiance and I looked at and we booked it on the spot. We were impressed with the beauty and functionality of the space. The maitre d' that was assigned to our wedding was amazing, and she had good attention to detail to make the... Read More wedding run smoothly. That being said, we picked the place because it says they do only one wedding at a time, but in the courtyard of the Olde Mill the staff was setting up for a 2nd wedding (ours was in the afternoon and the 2nd wedding was in the evening) so the courtyard was filled with the other couples' set-up for their ceremony and it was awkward for our guests to go out there. I wish the staff and venue space was JUST for us, especially after all that money we paid. While they certainly do one wedding at a time at the Olde Mill Inn, just be aware if you do an afternoon wedding that they may start setting up for the next wedding in your space.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Julie C

Where to begin! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day! The Olde Mill Inn was the 3rd place we looked and I was hooked from the moment we entered the parking lot. We initially met with Lindsey Stewart, she was great, helpful professional and friendly, answered... Read More all of our questions promptly. We came back with my dad to make sure he was on board (he was) :). We came for the bridal expo in January 2016 - met our future DJ Chuck Russo and Florist Cathy from Conroy's - we loved the courtyard and ballroom and we're so excited to have our big day there. We came for our tasting in March (everything was so good and they had a special tasting menu for my husbands food aversions) - we got to meet all of the MaitreD's (Marien, Amanda and John were all so nice!). We were assigned Amanda Virga - she was AMAZING, so on top of every little detail, responded to emails, phone call and texts very quickly. We changed rehearsal dinner plans last minute and swooped right in to save the day and helped us have a wonderful rehearsal and meal following. She was an absolute dream to work with and made it so my husband and I didn't have to worry about the little details and could enjoy our guests. She attended to my dad who needed some assistance and she went above the call of duty for to help us do a little special dance and Face Time with my in-laws who were unable to attend. The hotel was perfect for our guests, the beds comfortable and the rooms in excellent condition. The library was a lovely place to hang out for some conversation before and after the wedding and THE FOOD! so many compliments on the presentation and deliciousness of the food! (I LOVED the Mashtini bar and probably have many photos with a martini glass of mashed potatoes in my hand LOL. Our cake was from Palermo's which is one of the bakeries they work with and it was delicious! It was my perfect wedding day & Lindsey, the Olde Mill Inn staff and Amanda - We can't thank you enough - Love Julie & David

Reviewed on 8/06/2016

The Olde Mill Inn was the first venue my new husband and I looked at and we knew right away that this was where we wanted to have our wedding. It's a beautiful place with a lot of character and charm. We definitely appreciate the fact that it isn't a cookie cutter "wedding... Read More factory" type venue. What makes the Olde Mill exceptional, though, is the staff. We had a lot going on this past year - on top of planning a wedding! And, from our very first visit at the Olde Mill, it was obvious that these people know what they're doing and that they would make sure that everything would run smoothly, and so we wouldn't have to worry. This assessment turned out to be very accurate. The whole process leading up to the wedding was very easy, smooth, and organized. I always felt like I was in excellent hands. Everyone I worked with at the Olde Mill couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. When the wedding day arrived, I felt like they had everything covered and organized, and I could relax. The place was beautiful and the food was delicious. And, I haven't even gotten yet to one of the biggest benefits to holding your wedding here: You can have your ceremony, reception, and the hotel all at the same place!! I can't stress enough how much easier this will make things for you. Also, the hotel rooms are VERY nice. I would absolutely recommend having your wedding at the Olde Mill Inn and I'm so glad that my husband and I did!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Karyn W

Incredible! From the moment we chose the olde mill inn, we knew it was the right choice. Everyone is incredibly kind and warm and accommodating. Amanda was amazing as our maitre de. We had a beautiful affair in June and they truly go above and beyond. Helpful, understanding,... Read More friendly are but a few of the ways to describe the staff. These are professionals that are in control and allow you to have a spectacular day, whatever the occasion. I know that we will be back to enjoy the inn and the Grain House restaurant- - Amanda and the Olde Mill Inn made our wedding unforgettable and amazing and joyful!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Erin F

This was our first venue to visit. It took us all of a couple of hours to decide we wanted to get married here. Since we only planned the wedding with in about 4 months, Olde Mill Inn was awesome. Everything went perfectly! Even though the weather was super hot, humid, and... Read More storming......the staff made everything run smoothly. My husband and I are so happy we chose Olde Mill Inn for our wedding. All of our guests claimed it was the best party/wedding they have been to!! Amanda Virga was an awesome Maitre'd. She went above and beyond. Thank you for the most special day!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

Everything at the Olde Mill Inn was beyond perfect from start to finish. From going to look at the hall and their stunning grounds, to (almost two years later) the actual wedding day, everything was better than I could have ever dreamed. The staff was so helpful in the planning... Read More process and they answered all my little questions in a timely fashion, they even answered questions I didn't know I had.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Emily K

There so many amazing things to say about The Olde Mill Inn! Everything for our wedding happened exactly as planned and it could not have been more stress free. It has been over a month since our wedding and our guests are still raving about the food and the amazing cocktail... Read More hour! John was amazing and made sure everything was running smoothly. He brought us multiple plates of food during the cocktail hour and made sure we always had a drink in hand! He even remembered my food allergy and made sure I stayed away from that. We were able to fully enjoy our reception and not have any worries as the staff had everything taken care of!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Alexandra S

Highly recommend, amazing food and atmosphere! All staff was helpful and had great personalities!!!! Wish I could do my wedding reception all over again, I would not change a thing!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Vanessa C

We saw nearly 20 wedding venues, but there was just something that really drew us to the Olde Mill Inn. It is a beautiful, historical and charming location that is a one stop shop for weddings. It felt like "the one" as soon as we saw it. Plenty of rooms for each side of the... Read More bridal party to get dressed and spend some time before the wedding. Great access off the highway and plenty of parking. It has a beautiful outdoor courtyard for ceremonies that is enclosed by the Olde Mill Inn buildings and completely shielded from outside distractions. Some places we visited had views of the street or parking lots and you could hear cars beep when they were locked and their doors slamming shut. The courtyard is well appointed and manicured and we did not feel the need to have our florist add anything extra to it. It also doubles as a great space for people to congregate during the cocktail hour because the waiters bring appetizers there as well. The reception hall is beautiful and a perfect size for 150 – 175 guests with a dance floor bigger than most other comparably sized venues that we visited. And to top it off, they have 100 guest rooms. And you know that that means… NO shuttles! Nothing kills the after party like a dark, quite, 30 minute shuttle ride from venue to hotel. There were several other hotels less than 5 minutes away that you can use for overflow, but we didn’t need any extra rooms for our guests. We had 175 guests and used all 50 rooms of our room block. The Grain House bar and restaurant is right next door and also owned by the Olde Mill Inn. It’s a great place for your rehearsal dinner or wedding after party. Which brings me to the food! That’s the first thing all of our guests raved about after our wedding. Everything was delicious and the Olde Mill Inn offered more passed appetizers and more day-of entrée choices (4!) than any other venue we visited. I’m a beef guy through and through, but even I have to say that you definitely have to try the salmon! All in all, we were thrilled with how our wedding turned out and that was in no small part due to our amazing Maitre D’, John Lietz. John was very responsive to all of our emails, made time to meet with us any time we had questions, and really put our minds at ease. My wife and I did all of the planning and interacting with John and the venue leading up to the big day, but John sought out our parents and immediate family and took amazing care of them all throughout the day. They felt like real VIPs and it was wonderful knowing they were taken care of. John and his staff also made sure we ate during our cocktail hour and reception, always ready with a plate of food for us, quite a feat for busy brides and grooms at their wedding!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Molly H

My husband and I chose the Olde Mill Inn for our venue after attending a wedding there as guests. We had gone to 6 weddings in the year before our own, so it was easy to pick the Olde Mill Inn after freshly experiencing several other venues. The Olde Mill Inn is just so... Read More beautiful, elegant yet cozy and quaint. And it is so convenient with the ability to have a rehearsal dinner, getting-ready, ceremony, reception, after-party, hotel accommodations, and morning-after brunch... all in one location. We loved not having to shuttle around as guests, and our guests appreciated that factor as well. The food was amazing, and we loved working with Lindsay Stewart as our sales coordinator and John Lietz as our Maitre D.'