The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant

Basking Ridge, NJ

Customized Weddings with Affordable Elegance

A gorgeous country inn on 10 acres provides the perfect ambiance for the wedding of your dreams. The Inn becomes your country estate for the afternoon or evening with beautiful lawns and gardens for your outdoor ceremony, and meticulous attention to all details for both large and intimate weddings.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2010
Bow2007

225 Rt 202 (GPS 225 Morristown Road), Basking Ridge, NJ

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Melanie F

In a world where wedding planning seems to have become formulaic and commercialized, our experience with the Grain House broke the mold. Lindsay Stewart and Amanda Virga listened to us,helped us plan and perfectly execute the small wedding we envisioned. Some of our 47 guest... Read More described our event as "the best wedding" they have ever been to, "simple, elegant and warm," "perfect" "the food was incredible." Lindsay Stewart (our director of social sales) and Amanda Virga (our Maitre D') responded to our concerns and questions immediately via email, which took away a lot of the stress of planning. One of the many benefits of having a wedding at the Olde Mill Inn/Grain House Restaurant is that you can have a small affair (we only had to guarantee 30 guests) and still get the "A list" treatment. You can also opt for a much bigger wedding. You can make it as simple or as extravagant as you want. The options are limitless. Another really great thing is that your out of town guests will have a nice, convenient place to stay. We plan to come back every year for our anniversary. We plan to order the fried calamari, we didn't get to sample it during the cocktail hour, and we heard it was amazing!

Perfect

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Megan H

Olde Mill Inn was an amazing place to have our reception for our wedding! Our Matire D John was amazing! He went above and beyond what we had hoped for. (Even made sure that we ate!) Everyone really enjoyed themselves and we are so incredibly happy with the way everything turned... Read More out! The cost of the venue was a lot less then we had expected because they ran such a good deal for winter brides. If you are looking for an amazing place to have your reception, look no further then the Olde Mill!

The perfect venue for our wedding day

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Ashley B

We loved our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn!! In every way possible, The Olde Mill Inn made all of our wedding day dreams come true. I can’t express enough how wonderful our wedding experience with them was. We are still getting massive compliments from our families and friends,... Read More many of whom have said they have never been to a more beautiful wedding. Working with coordinator Lindsay and maitre’d John was such a delightful experience as well. My husband and I enjoyed spending time with both of them, planning down to every little detail how we wanted our rehearsal dinner (which we had at The Grain House, and was equally wonderful), cocktail hour and reception to be, and they not only fulfilled our expectations – they went above and beyond. We were really blown away by how delicious all of the food was, the excellent service, and the little surprise extras that they contributed as well. Lindsay is such a sweetheart, and was so kind, creative, and patient with us throughout the process (including numerous calls and emails from me over many months, asking tons of questions). John was awesome as well – he really knows his stuff, was delightful to work with, and he not only made sure everything ran perfectly the evening of our wedding, but he also made sure that my husband and I got to eat! J The venue itself was so clean, well-maintained, beautiful inside and out, and allowed us to have numerous lovely backdrops for our photos. The Olde Mill Inn has such a warm, welcoming feeling, and that really resonated with us and our guests. The entire staff was friendly, helpful, and incredibly talented. I would 100% absolutely recommend this venue to any couple getting married. You won’t regret it!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Kelly A

When we first visited the Olde Mill, I was sold. The venue is so different from any other place in New Jersey – it’s classic, it’s historical, just beautiful. And, they were so helpful! Lindsey Smillie walked us through every single detail – set up, schedule, coordinating with... Read More vendors, etc. Lindsey was so sweet and patient and she answered every single question that we had. They even arranged to let us try to food first (surprisingly, we got a lot of push back from other venues on this request), and everything was absolutely delicious. On the day of the wedding, they took care of everything. John was absolutely fantastic (thank God for him!). He busted his butt all night long, running around and making sure every single detail was taken care of. He made sure me and my mom ate and drank, he put out fires, and he made sure we stayed on schedule. I do not think I would have made it through the day without the wonderful staff at the Olde Mill. Thank you, John, for giving me the perfect wedding I have always dreamed of!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Cynthia V

My husband and I got married at the Olde Mill Inn at the Grain House on March 19, 2016. Perfect does not even begin to explain our experience. The wonderful experience began with booking. I knew as soon as I met Marien Barker and got a tour of the Grain House that this would be... Read More where we got married. Marien was straight forward and had all the information ready to go. She even went above and beyond and sent many pictures to me to show the husband to be. Next was the tasting, which was wonderful in itself, but we also got to meet Amanda Virga, our maitre'd, who was basically our dream come true! We had a tough schedule getting to the venue to go over details with her, and she offered to stay after the tasting since we were there. She stayed late just to accommodate us, and that was just the beginning! The day of our wedding was flawless; everything completely exceeded our expectations. We had a lot of DIY decorations and the team absolutely nailed every detail of it. Amanda was so attentive we truly felt like a prince and princess. Aside from the normal stuff like coordinating the day, setting up, and getting drinks for us, she also helped me out with stuff I forgot in my hotel room. I forgot a few things in my room and she went back to get them for me at least 2 or 3 times, she was my savior! The ceremony was great, the transition of the room from ceremony to reception was practically magic! I cannot even count the endless number of compliments about the cocktail hour. We were told by multiple guests that it was the best cocktail hour they had even been too. (Word of advice, get the mashtini bar!! it was a hit!) Even though everyone filled up in cocktail hour, people still ate their dinner because it was just too delicious not to. (Another word of advice, get the boneless braised ribs!) It is hard to express just how wonderful the entire day was, and we owe it all to Amanda and the wonderful staff of the Olde Mill Inn. Even when the party was all said and done, Amanda was still impressing us. She packed ALL of our DIY stuff up and brought it back to our room, put our cake in the freezer and some leftovers in the fridge! Just incredible. When we went through our card box we had a lovely note from Amanda, and about a month after the wedding we received a card from her as well. The venue is gorgeous and the staff is even more gorgeous.I would HIGHLY recommend the Olde Mill Inn for any occasion. I can't wait until I have another reason to book there.

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Jeanetta B

I could not have been happier with this venue. Amanda helped us plan and execute the day. Anytime we needed anything, it was handled and thankfully she was there to help us with all of the things that needed to happen. We had no clue. From the rehearsal to the rehearsal dinner,... Read More the morning of and the ceremony, everything went so smoothly. I could not have imagined a more perfect day. Food was amazing. Table layout was awesome. It was great.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Melody F

We had our wedding reception in the Washington Ballroom at the Olde Mill Inn. The entire experience from start to finish was fantastic. Lindsey Smiley was the one who took us on the initial tour and helped us with the contract. She was always so pleasant and attentive and even... Read More responded to my many crazy bride e-mails! Our maitre d' was John Leitz. He was also truly wonderful to work with. The night went so well and everyone had a wonderful time. Bonus! The ambiance of the Olde Mill Inn fit perfectly with our wedding theme.

Reviewed on 2/15/2016

We booked our wedding at The Olde Mill Inn with Marien 14 months in advance. From the moment we signed, Marien was willing to help us with any and all questions we had. We could always call or email and she would respond as soon as possible with an answer or advice. But it... Read More didn't stop there. From organizing all of our wedding stuff a few days beforehand, to orchestrating our wedding rehearsal, to running the most seamless night that my husband and I actually got to enjoy! Everything happened when it was supposed to - ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, dessert, cake cutting, etc. - it all went according to plan! Family and friends who had planned weddings before warned us ahead of time that things may go not go as planned, but to just live in the moment and enjoy the night and not to not get worked up over it - we were mentally prepared for that ----- BUT EVERYTHING WENT ACCORDING TO PLAN! It was the most flawless, perfect, and FUN night and we 100% thank Marien and all of the staff at The Olde Mill Inn!

Magic

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Helena M

I was married here this New Years Eve in the Grain House. From the moment we walked into the room, we knew this was the perfect place for our winter fairy tale wedding. The space is special and once we met Marien (sales rep) we were totally sold. The Maitre D' we were assigned... Read More was Amanda Virga - she is the most wonderful person to have worked with for our wedding. I am a true type A bride, obsessed with the smallest details. Amanda listened to everything that was important to me, and when I handed everything over, I truly let go and felt so relaxed because I had gotten to know Amanda and I knew I was in good hands. She remembered every detail, reminded me to change into my midnight outfit, set up every single detail the way we had asked for it, made sure we had food and drinks all day and all night. She even had food brought to our room so that we could eat later! Because of her I was able to actually enjoy my entire wedding - people say its all a blur and you remember nothing, but honestly, I remember everything because I was not worried or stressed - all thanks to Amanda. She adds a personal touch, so the interactions never felt phony - I really felt as though she cared about our wedding, and that is so special and rare. Most of my friends had to hire their own wedding planner to do the things that Amanda did! I have relatives in this business, and several commented on how well orchestrated it was, and how wonderful she was. The only downside is that if I am completely honest, the food was not great. It was okay, not bad, but not great. At the end of the day, its rare that large scale banquet hall wedding food is great, but it was a bit of a disappointment to me that had concerned me at the time of the tasting, and unfortunately was true at the event itself. That being said, I would still re-book this venue in a HEARTBEAT and would never have wanted to get married anywhere else. The word all of our guests used to describe the wedding was magical!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Kimberly P

Amanda and the entire staff at the Olde Mill were phenomenal! My husband and I got married there December 11, 2015, and our night was beyond prefect. Every detail we could imagine was taken care of. The entire staff was so pleasant and professional and truly made our wedding... Read More amazing!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Lauren A

After only looking at a few venues, we decided to go with the Grain House since we knew we wanted to keep our wedding small and intimate. Amanda Virga and Lindsay Stewart made the planning process go so smoothly, and everything the day of was absolutely perfect and even better... Read More than we imagined. Our guests raved about the décor (especially the Christmas decorations), the venue itself, the food.... Most people I spoke with afterwards said that not only was the cocktail hour food great, but even the dinners were fantastic - which you don't always get at a wedding. Amanda was so helpful during the wedding. She tended to our needs and more! Every time we turned around, she had a fresh drink for us, gave us each an extra plate of food since we didn't get to eat too much, and was always nearby when we needed something. We couldn't be happier with the way our wedding turned out. Everything was absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 11/23/2015

Start to finish, the Olde Mill Inn was beyond outstanding! We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and hotel accommodations all onsite which made it easy for our guests. The team there was extremely responsive to emails, questions and requests from our very first... Read More inquiry, often checking in with me before I had to reach out. They made the planning process easy, taking much of the stress off of my husband and I. The day of, Amanda made sure everything was just perfect and the team truly took care of all my guests. I can not say enough good things about the Olde Mill Inn and wholeheartedly recommend them for any event.

Amazing staff, venue and expercience!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Ronnie T

My husband and I were married at The Olde Mill Inn on October 30, 2015 in the Hunts Room. It was more than I could ever have imagined! I had been looking for a place that was not your typical cookie cutter wedding venue. I decided to contact a sales rep to tour The Olde Mill... Read More Inn after seeing such beautiful pictures and great reviews on multiple wedding sites. I met with Lindsey Smillie, whom from day one was such a delight. Lindsey was personable, professional and had a genuinely sweet personality. After touring The Olde Mill Inn I decided the Hunts Room would be the perfect place for our intimate wedding of 100 guests. The Olde Mill Inn does provide a larger room. The grounds itself has a historical charm, elegance, and is absolutely beautiful. It provided an outdoor gazebo for our wedding ceremony, which was exactly what I had been looking for and in case of inclement weather, still allowed for an outdoor ceremony under a tent. Two months before the wedding, I was contacted by our maitre d’, Amanda Virga. From the moment I met Amanda, I knew I had nothing to worry about. She was attentive and available whenever I had a question. She was extremely hands on and showed she genuinely cared about making it the perfect day. I can honestly say that the day would not have gone as smoothly if Amanda had not been a part of it. From the moment I arrived for my wedding until the end she was right there. She was available the whole day, assisting me with my dress and looking out for not only me, my guests and bridal party but also our children. I cannot even begin to thank her enough for going out of her way to make everything exactly how I had imagined it in my mind. When I informed her that I would have my 6 year old daughter who is blind as part of the wedding party, she was concerned about who would be caring for her throughout the day, which told me more about Amanda's caring nature. I was absolutely grateful to have such a wonderful person to be by my side the whole time, as I am such a highly anxious person. I must also make it a point that everyone from Amanda to the wait staff went above and beyond for my children. Amanda brought my son food as we waited for the ceremony to begin. The server brought my son a fruit salad since he would not eat a regular salad and was extra attentive to my daughter. They really went out of their way to make sure her dietary needs were met, from bringing her mashed potatoes to apple sauce, because my mother had informed them she always had it with her meals. They provided kid friendly drinks for toasting in champagne glasses which made my son feel special. They truly cared that EVERYONE had a great experience! My guests are still raving about the food! They were absolutely in love with the venue and wished it had never ended. I have only had positive feedback regarding the hotel, hotel staff, the food and everything in between which is refreshing. Also, the bridal suite is absolutely amazing!!! It has a living area separated from the bedroom and is big enough to fit your whole bridal party without feeling crowded. I recommend The Olde Mill Inn, if you want a genuinely caring staff, great food and beautiful venue for your special day.

Flawless

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Dayna G

My husband and I were married at The Olde Mill Inn on November 1, 2015. We worked with Lindsey Smilie at booking and John Lietz was our Maitre'd. We can't thank John or the staff enough for the truly magical day that we had. John was fabulous with executing all the small... Read More details of our event and was always available when needed. Our guests raved about the service and food. Even though the day was a whirlwind, someone was there to hand us a plate of food or refill our drink. That night we had the spacious bridal suite, where we had plenty of space to entertain guests after the wedding. We can't recommend the Olde Mill Inn enough! Thank you!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Samantha M

My fiance and I got married at The Olde Mill Inn about 2 weeks ago and it was AMAZING! People are still telling us how great the venue was. Our guests absolutely loved the cocktail hour (SO much food and all of it was more delicious than the next) and the dinner wasn't your... Read More typical "wedding food", it was absolutely outstanding. We worked with John, who was attentive to us from the start. He kept checking in on us throughout the night to make sure we were eating and had drinks. I later found out that he was also bringing my mother and in laws plates of food also to make sure they were having a good time since they were being bombarded with congratulations from guests also. By far the best venue and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Danielle C

If you are looking for a wedding venue definitely consider The Old Mill Inn & Grain House restaurant. My husband and I had long envisioned a small intimate wedding ceremony. We wanted a Fall themed wedding and had very specific requests. Not only did they do everything we asked,... Read More they went above and beyond to accommodate us! Our dreams came true and we had an absolutely perfect day. Amanda Virga and Lindsay Stewart were wonderful and worked with us to ensure every detail was perfectly executed. From start to finish everything was flawless. I highly recommend The Old Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant for your wedding or next event. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Gina B

don't even know where to begin! The Olde Mill Inn was the first and only venue we visited and we knew immediately it was the one. We had our reception on October 3rd in the Washington Ballroom. We fell in love with the gorgeous back drop, the amazingly accommodating staff, and... Read More the convenience of hotel rooms in the same building as our reception. Lindsey Smilie helped us from day one, and made me feel entirely comfortable with every single detail. She answered every question and (numerous) email I would send her promptly and so cheerfully, and always made me feel like both myself and our wedding was a priority. The evening of our menu tasting, we met our future Maitre'd John Leitz. John was hands down the BEST, and he was entirely responsible for making our wedding the best day of our lives. He accomodated every possible request we had, went above and beyond to make sure we were calm, happy and fed the entire day/night. Even though he was managing multiple things simultaneously, he would ALWAYS be so calm, happy and easy going. His attitude made us feel so much more at ease throughout the planning process and the day of. John was AMAZING, and both he and Lindsey worked with me to make sure every detail of our wedding was perfect. The venue itself was incredible. The food was amazing, the cocktail hour was unbelievable, the entire staff was so kind and professional - and everything ran so smoothly. Our wedding was almost 2 weeks ago, and to this day we are still having guests tell us how absolutely amazing our wedding was. Everyone was blown away by the beauty of the venue, the accommodating staff, how tastefully done everything was, the incredible cocktail hour, delicious food, the amazing after party and delicious private brunch we had the morning after.Every detail was perfect. I cannot express enough how absolutely perfect our wedding day was. The Olde Mill Inn is perfect, thank you so much for making 10/3/15 the best day ever

Great choice for a wedding hotel block!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Lisa R

After being booted from the Dolce Basking Ridge for having a hotel block that was "too small", Olde Mill Inn welcomed our 17 room block with open arms. Sheri Maselli, one of the Hotel Managers, was tremendously accommodating and catered to all of our needs in regards to... Read More planning. She was understanding of our situation in regards to the displacement of our previous wedding block and worked quickly in order to ensure that everything worked seamlessly. We loved the accommodations at the Olde Mill Inn and would love to return!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Janine

When looking at venues in the Somerset County area, Olde Mill Inn stood apart from all the others! From the very beginning, Marien Barker sat down with us and reviewed all of our package options, explaining the pros of each (there were no cons to any of them!) and gave us a... Read More complete tour. Her honesty and her professionalism surpassed the people we visited at the other venues by far. Our maitre'd, Amanda Virga, was also very professional and fun! She helped us with a details in the planning process that set apart our wedding from many others. She also personally knew and worked with our other vendors previously, so on the day of the wedding everything went perfectly smooth! She also made sure we ate, made sure all of our personal items were safe, and made it a completely stress-free, beautiful day! Our guests complimented us on how beautiful the Washington Ballroom and the Courtyard was, how convenient of a distance it was from the church we got married at, how amazing the food was, and how fun the whole day was. My husband and I can honestly say that we could not ask for more. I am definitely recommending the Olde Mill Inn to my other friends that are getting married in the near future!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Amy P

My husband and I just had our wedding here this past Saturday, Sept 26, 2015. All I can say is it was a magical night! Every step of the way John was there to provide whatever we needed the day of and even before. Our guests were raving about how great the food was - especially... Read More the appetizers. My wedding was perfect! Also, the OMI is very affordable compared to other venues in the area, just as an fyi if you've just begun your search.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Charla D

We had our wedding 8/28/15 at the grain house and could not have been happier! The service was excellent and so was the food! Our maitrede was Amanda and she went above and beyond to accommodate us! The miso glazed salmon was excellent and everyone raved about the potato bar. I... Read More would recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding. We also really loved the suite we stayed in the night after our wedding..it was stunning!! If you have a lot of out of town guests this is a great place to consider with the hotel accommodations onsite!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We were married at the Olde Mill Inn and had our reception in the Grain House - I cannot say enough about good things about this place. I can confidently say that we couldn't have possibly picked a better venue. The ambiance was rustic and romantic, and the Grain House is just... Read More so gorgeous and full of character that no additional decorating was needed - same goes for the gorgeous location of our ceremony, which was right under the gazebo outside of the Grain House. Our maitre'd was Amanda and she did a FANTASTIC job and made the whole thing run seamlessly. From the moment we met her, my stress levels plummeted because I could tell we were in great hands. And THE FOOD...wow. Absolutely delicious - the compliments were endless. Quite a few of our guests actually told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! All in all, our day was absolutely magical thanks to The Olde Mill Inn and I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Katherine V

I had an intimate day wedding of 110 at the Olde Mill Inn in Sept 2015. We did not want the typical hall as a venue and I fell in love with OMI as soon as I saw it. I was going for a very romantic rustic wedding which incorporated outdoor space for both ceremony and reception.... Read More I worked with Lindsay Stewart and Amanda Virga and they were both spectacular. Both answered ALL of my emailed questions almost immediately. Amanda was top-notch the day of the wedding and I felt completely comfortable in letting her take the reigns after planning each detail so diligently for months. She reassured me the day before that her weddings go off "without a hitch" and she delivered. We had so many unique details and things at the wedding that we were worried too many things could go wrong... But nothing did. It was all seamless and the hunt room and outdoor ceremony areas are so beautiful for a summer wedding. I'm so happy I had it there.

THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Meghan S

I can't say enough great things about the Olde Mill Inn and Grain House. We had our rehearsal dinner and after party at the Grain House, and our ceremony and reception at the Olde Mill Inn. Everyone from the beginning was amazing to work with. Lindsay Stewart was always so... Read More receptive and had great support and ideas for us in planning. On our wedding day, John Lietz was amazing. He made the day run so smoothly so we didn't have to worry about anything. Our ceremony was inside due to rain, but the indoor space worked great and looked beautiful. Our guests gave rave reviews about all the food at the cocktail hour and reception, and many told us it was the best wedding they have been to. We also had many overnight guests, and this worked out great the hotel was very easy to work with and had very clean and beautiful rooms. I can't say enough about this venue, if you choose here you will not be disappointed!!!

AMAZING VENUE!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Eileen s

My new husband and I just had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn last weekend, and I cannot say enough good things about it!! Marien Barker was amazing answering so many of my questions and our matre d John Lietz was absolutely incredible!!! Everything was so well executed and... Read More put together and our guests had the best time. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, and we were able to be both inside and outside of the ballroom during the reception which everyone loved. The food was incredible and the staff was superb! My husband and I were so well tended to I don't think that my glass was empty all night! At most weddings the bride and groom say that they don't get to eat any of the food but at the Olde Mill Inn they had 2 large plates of cocktail appetizers with champagne waiting for the 2 of us after the ceremony giving us a chance to sit and relax and eat the delicious food (and practice some of our dance moves) before going out to the cocktail hour. I would recommend this venue to anyone who asks without hesitation. I would chose them again in a heartbeat. Thank you so much to all of the staff at the Olde Mill Inn, especially Marien and John who made my life easier with the planning, and John who was so attentive all night and helped everything to go very smoothly!