The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant

Basking Ridge, NJ

Customized Weddings with Affordable Elegance

A gorgeous country inn on 10 acres provides the perfect ambiance for the wedding of your dreams. The Inn becomes your country estate for the afternoon or evening with beautiful lawns and gardens for your outdoor ceremony, and meticulous attention to all details for both large and intimate weddings.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2008 09

225 Rt 202 (GPS 225 Morristown Road), Basking Ridge, NJ

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Melanie F

In a world where wedding planning seems to have become formulaic and commercialized, our experience with the Grain House broke the mold. Lindsay Stewart and Amanda Virga listened to us,helped us plan and perfectly execute the small wedding we envisioned. Some of our 47 guest... Read More described our event as "the best wedding" they have ever been to, "simple, elegant and warm," "perfect" "the food was incredible." Lindsay Stewart (our director of social sales) and Amanda Virga (our Maitre D') responded to our concerns and questions immediately via email, which took away a lot of the stress of planning. One of the many benefits of having a wedding at the Olde Mill Inn/Grain House Restaurant is that you can have a small affair (we only had to guarantee 30 guests) and still get the "A list" treatment. You can also opt for a much bigger wedding. You can make it as simple or as extravagant as you want. The options are limitless. Another really great thing is that your out of town guests will have a nice, convenient place to stay. We plan to come back every year for our anniversary. We plan to order the fried calamari, we didn't get to sample it during the cocktail hour, and we heard it was amazing!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Megan H

Olde Mill Inn was an amazing place to have our reception for our wedding! Our Matire D John was amazing! He went above and beyond what we had hoped for. (Even made sure that we ate!) Everyone really enjoyed themselves and we are so incredibly happy with the way everything turned... Read More out! The cost of the venue was a lot less then we had expected because they ran such a good deal for winter brides. If you are looking for an amazing place to have your reception, look no further then the Olde Mill!

The perfect venue for our wedding day

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Ashley B

We loved our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn!! In every way possible, The Olde Mill Inn made all of our wedding day dreams come true. I can’t express enough how wonderful our wedding experience with them was. We are still getting massive compliments from our families and friends,... Read More many of whom have said they have never been to a more beautiful wedding. Working with coordinator Lindsay and maitre’d John was such a delightful experience as well. My husband and I enjoyed spending time with both of them, planning down to every little detail how we wanted our rehearsal dinner (which we had at The Grain House, and was equally wonderful), cocktail hour and reception to be, and they not only fulfilled our expectations – they went above and beyond. We were really blown away by how delicious all of the food was, the excellent service, and the little surprise extras that they contributed as well. Lindsay is such a sweetheart, and was so kind, creative, and patient with us throughout the process (including numerous calls and emails from me over many months, asking tons of questions). John was awesome as well – he really knows his stuff, was delightful to work with, and he not only made sure everything ran perfectly the evening of our wedding, but he also made sure that my husband and I got to eat! J The venue itself was so clean, well-maintained, beautiful inside and out, and allowed us to have numerous lovely backdrops for our photos. The Olde Mill Inn has such a warm, welcoming feeling, and that really resonated with us and our guests. The entire staff was friendly, helpful, and incredibly talented. I would 100% absolutely recommend this venue to any couple getting married. You won’t regret it!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015

Start to finish, the Olde Mill Inn was beyond outstanding! We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and hotel accommodations all onsite which made it easy for our guests. The team there was extremely responsive to emails, questions and requests from our very first... Read More inquiry, often checking in with me before I had to reach out. They made the planning process easy, taking much of the stress off of my husband and I. The day of, Amanda made sure everything was just perfect and the team truly took care of all my guests. I can not say enough good things about the Olde Mill Inn and wholeheartedly recommend them for any event.

Amazing staff, venue and expercience!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Ronnie T

My husband and I were married at The Olde Mill Inn on October 30, 2015 in the Hunts Room. It was more than I could ever have imagined! I had been looking for a place that was not your typical cookie cutter wedding venue. I decided to contact a sales rep to tour The Olde Mill... Read More Inn after seeing such beautiful pictures and great reviews on multiple wedding sites. I met with Lindsey Smillie, whom from day one was such a delight. Lindsey was personable, professional and had a genuinely sweet personality. After touring The Olde Mill Inn I decided the Hunts Room would be the perfect place for our intimate wedding of 100 guests. The Olde Mill Inn does provide a larger room. The grounds itself has a historical charm, elegance, and is absolutely beautiful. It provided an outdoor gazebo for our wedding ceremony, which was exactly what I had been looking for and in case of inclement weather, still allowed for an outdoor ceremony under a tent. Two months before the wedding, I was contacted by our maitre d’, Amanda Virga. From the moment I met Amanda, I knew I had nothing to worry about. She was attentive and available whenever I had a question. She was extremely hands on and showed she genuinely cared about making it the perfect day. I can honestly say that the day would not have gone as smoothly if Amanda had not been a part of it. From the moment I arrived for my wedding until the end she was right there. She was available the whole day, assisting me with my dress and looking out for not only me, my guests and bridal party but also our children. I cannot even begin to thank her enough for going out of her way to make everything exactly how I had imagined it in my mind. When I informed her that I would have my 6 year old daughter who is blind as part of the wedding party, she was concerned about who would be caring for her throughout the day, which told me more about Amanda's caring nature. I was absolutely grateful to have such a wonderful person to be by my side the whole time, as I am such a highly anxious person. I must also make it a point that everyone from Amanda to the wait staff went above and beyond for my children. Amanda brought my son food as we waited for the ceremony to begin. The server brought my son a fruit salad since he would not eat a regular salad and was extra attentive to my daughter. They really went out of their way to make sure her dietary needs were met, from bringing her mashed potatoes to apple sauce, because my mother had informed them she always had it with her meals. They provided kid friendly drinks for toasting in champagne glasses which made my son feel special. They truly cared that EVERYONE had a great experience! My guests are still raving about the food! They were absolutely in love with the venue and wished it had never ended. I have only had positive feedback regarding the hotel, hotel staff, the food and everything in between which is refreshing. Also, the bridal suite is absolutely amazing!!! It has a living area separated from the bedroom and is big enough to fit your whole bridal party without feeling crowded. I recommend The Olde Mill Inn, if you want a genuinely caring staff, great food and beautiful venue for your special day.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Dayna G

My husband and I were married at The Olde Mill Inn on November 1, 2015. We worked with Lindsey Smilie at booking and John Lietz was our Maitre'd. We can't thank John or the staff enough for the truly magical day that we had. John was fabulous with executing all the small... Read More details of our event and was always available when needed. Our guests raved about the service and food. Even though the day was a whirlwind, someone was there to hand us a plate of food or refill our drink. That night we had the spacious bridal suite, where we had plenty of space to entertain guests after the wedding. We can't recommend the Olde Mill Inn enough! Thank you!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Samantha M

My fiance and I got married at The Olde Mill Inn about 2 weeks ago and it was AMAZING! People are still telling us how great the venue was. Our guests absolutely loved the cocktail hour (SO much food and all of it was more delicious than the next) and the dinner wasn't your... Read More typical "wedding food", it was absolutely outstanding. We worked with John, who was attentive to us from the start. He kept checking in on us throughout the night to make sure we were eating and had drinks. I later found out that he was also bringing my mother and in laws plates of food also to make sure they were having a good time since they were being bombarded with congratulations from guests also. By far the best venue and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Danielle C

If you are looking for a wedding venue definitely consider The Old Mill Inn & Grain House restaurant. My husband and I had long envisioned a small intimate wedding ceremony. We wanted a Fall themed wedding and had very specific requests. Not only did they do everything we asked,... Read More they went above and beyond to accommodate us! Our dreams came true and we had an absolutely perfect day. Amanda Virga and Lindsay Stewart were wonderful and worked with us to ensure every detail was perfectly executed. From start to finish everything was flawless. I highly recommend The Old Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant for your wedding or next event. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Gina B

don't even know where to begin! The Olde Mill Inn was the first and only venue we visited and we knew immediately it was the one. We had our reception on October 3rd in the Washington Ballroom. We fell in love with the gorgeous back drop, the amazingly accommodating staff, and... Read More the convenience of hotel rooms in the same building as our reception. Lindsey Smilie helped us from day one, and made me feel entirely comfortable with every single detail. She answered every question and (numerous) email I would send her promptly and so cheerfully, and always made me feel like both myself and our wedding was a priority. The evening of our menu tasting, we met our future Maitre'd John Leitz. John was hands down the BEST, and he was entirely responsible for making our wedding the best day of our lives. He accomodated every possible request we had, went above and beyond to make sure we were calm, happy and fed the entire day/night. Even though he was managing multiple things simultaneously, he would ALWAYS be so calm, happy and easy going. His attitude made us feel so much more at ease throughout the planning process and the day of. John was AMAZING, and both he and Lindsey worked with me to make sure every detail of our wedding was perfect. The venue itself was incredible. The food was amazing, the cocktail hour was unbelievable, the entire staff was so kind and professional - and everything ran so smoothly. Our wedding was almost 2 weeks ago, and to this day we are still having guests tell us how absolutely amazing our wedding was. Everyone was blown away by the beauty of the venue, the accommodating staff, how tastefully done everything was, the incredible cocktail hour, delicious food, the amazing after party and delicious private brunch we had the morning after.Every detail was perfect. I cannot express enough how absolutely perfect our wedding day was. The Olde Mill Inn is perfect, thank you so much for making 10/3/15 the best day ever

Great choice for a wedding hotel block!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Lisa R

After being booted from the Dolce Basking Ridge for having a hotel block that was "too small", Olde Mill Inn welcomed our 17 room block with open arms. Sheri Maselli, one of the Hotel Managers, was tremendously accommodating and catered to all of our needs in regards to... Read More planning. She was understanding of our situation in regards to the displacement of our previous wedding block and worked quickly in order to ensure that everything worked seamlessly. We loved the accommodations at the Olde Mill Inn and would love to return!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Janine

When looking at venues in the Somerset County area, Olde Mill Inn stood apart from all the others! From the very beginning, Marien Barker sat down with us and reviewed all of our package options, explaining the pros of each (there were no cons to any of them!) and gave us a... Read More complete tour. Her honesty and her professionalism surpassed the people we visited at the other venues by far. Our maitre'd, Amanda Virga, was also very professional and fun! She helped us with a details in the planning process that set apart our wedding from many others. She also personally knew and worked with our other vendors previously, so on the day of the wedding everything went perfectly smooth! She also made sure we ate, made sure all of our personal items were safe, and made it a completely stress-free, beautiful day! Our guests complimented us on how beautiful the Washington Ballroom and the Courtyard was, how convenient of a distance it was from the church we got married at, how amazing the food was, and how fun the whole day was. My husband and I can honestly say that we could not ask for more. I am definitely recommending the Olde Mill Inn to my other friends that are getting married in the near future!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Amy P

My husband and I just had our wedding here this past Saturday, Sept 26, 2015. All I can say is it was a magical night! Every step of the way John was there to provide whatever we needed the day of and even before. Our guests were raving about how great the food was - especially... Read More the appetizers. My wedding was perfect! Also, the OMI is very affordable compared to other venues in the area, just as an fyi if you've just begun your search.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Charla D

We had our wedding 8/28/15 at the grain house and could not have been happier! The service was excellent and so was the food! Our maitrede was Amanda and she went above and beyond to accommodate us! The miso glazed salmon was excellent and everyone raved about the potato bar. I... Read More would recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding. We also really loved the suite we stayed in the night after our was stunning!! If you have a lot of out of town guests this is a great place to consider with the hotel accommodations onsite!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

We were married at the Olde Mill Inn and had our reception in the Grain House - I cannot say enough about good things about this place. I can confidently say that we couldn't have possibly picked a better venue. The ambiance was rustic and romantic, and the Grain House is just... Read More so gorgeous and full of character that no additional decorating was needed - same goes for the gorgeous location of our ceremony, which was right under the gazebo outside of the Grain House. Our maitre'd was Amanda and she did a FANTASTIC job and made the whole thing run seamlessly. From the moment we met her, my stress levels plummeted because I could tell we were in great hands. And THE Absolutely delicious - the compliments were endless. Quite a few of our guests actually told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! All in all, our day was absolutely magical thanks to The Olde Mill Inn and I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Katherine V

I had an intimate day wedding of 110 at the Olde Mill Inn in Sept 2015. We did not want the typical hall as a venue and I fell in love with OMI as soon as I saw it. I was going for a very romantic rustic wedding which incorporated outdoor space for both ceremony and reception.... Read More I worked with Lindsay Stewart and Amanda Virga and they were both spectacular. Both answered ALL of my emailed questions almost immediately. Amanda was top-notch the day of the wedding and I felt completely comfortable in letting her take the reigns after planning each detail so diligently for months. She reassured me the day before that her weddings go off "without a hitch" and she delivered. We had so many unique details and things at the wedding that we were worried too many things could go wrong... But nothing did. It was all seamless and the hunt room and outdoor ceremony areas are so beautiful for a summer wedding. I'm so happy I had it there.

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Meghan S

I can't say enough great things about the Olde Mill Inn and Grain House. We had our rehearsal dinner and after party at the Grain House, and our ceremony and reception at the Olde Mill Inn. Everyone from the beginning was amazing to work with. Lindsay Stewart was always so... Read More receptive and had great support and ideas for us in planning. On our wedding day, John Lietz was amazing. He made the day run so smoothly so we didn't have to worry about anything. Our ceremony was inside due to rain, but the indoor space worked great and looked beautiful. Our guests gave rave reviews about all the food at the cocktail hour and reception, and many told us it was the best wedding they have been to. We also had many overnight guests, and this worked out great the hotel was very easy to work with and had very clean and beautiful rooms. I can't say enough about this venue, if you choose here you will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Eileen s

My new husband and I just had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn last weekend, and I cannot say enough good things about it!! Marien Barker was amazing answering so many of my questions and our matre d John Lietz was absolutely incredible!!! Everything was so well executed and... Read More put together and our guests had the best time. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, and we were able to be both inside and outside of the ballroom during the reception which everyone loved. The food was incredible and the staff was superb! My husband and I were so well tended to I don't think that my glass was empty all night! At most weddings the bride and groom say that they don't get to eat any of the food but at the Olde Mill Inn they had 2 large plates of cocktail appetizers with champagne waiting for the 2 of us after the ceremony giving us a chance to sit and relax and eat the delicious food (and practice some of our dance moves) before going out to the cocktail hour. I would recommend this venue to anyone who asks without hesitation. I would chose them again in a heartbeat. Thank you so much to all of the staff at the Olde Mill Inn, especially Marien and John who made my life easier with the planning, and John who was so attentive all night and helped everything to go very smoothly!

Exceptional - surpassed ALL expectations

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Alyssa S

Many have described The Olde Mill Inn as "perfect" is!!! We had our wedding reception there on June 14 and not only did it meet all of our expectations - it surpassed them. It has been over 2 weeks and we are still hearing about how delicious the food was (specific... Read More mentions are below), how lovely the staff was, and how wonderful the stay was (many of our guests were out-of-towners). We definitely threw some unique needs at our (fantastic) Maitre D' (John Lietz) as this was our wedding celebration, which took place 1 year after our ceremony, so it was a little out of the ordinary. Also, I am fairly creative and had a wonderful florist help me carry out a design we created together, but he is not a local and there were 3 different table centerpiece designs. John took it in stride and made sure that he and the OMI staff did whatever they could to help! From day one our experience was exceptional - Lindsay Stewart (sales) is so helpful; always responds to emails and goes above and beyond. John Lietz continued that responsiveness and willingness to help. Additionally, I communicated with the Front Desk Manager and team and they too were wonderful. On the day of, the bridal ready room was very comfortable. John was attentive throughout the day and especially so at the cocktail hour and reception - making sure we ate and were happy with everything. He got everything to the suite or behind the front desk following the reception - there was no point in time where we had to remember or think of anything. He did it all! The suite was incredible!! We had an wind-down after-party, which the OMI offers in some cases, so we did not spend as much time in our room as we could have - but we could have happily lived there for awhile! Also - I should add that while our wedding celebration was at the OMI ballroom, we did host a milestone birthday at the Grain House in March of 2014 in the Grain Room and were incredibly well taken care of. Everyone loved what they ordered as well. Highly recommend: - Mashed Potato Bar - Calamari - French Onion Soup pastry appetizer - Sausage & Peppers - Short Ribs We felt like guests at our own wedding! :)

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Katie H

We had out wedding at the Grain House at Olde Mill Innand everything was absolutely beautiful! Amanda was truly a pleasure to work with and she did an amazing job making our reception a dream come true. We planned the wedding from Florida, so we did not officially meet Amanda... Read More until the Thursday before the wedding. However, she made it a point to reach out to us early so that we can iron out any questions or concerns in advance. She was fantastic about taking all of the decorations we gave her and used them perfectly throughout the space! The food was delicious, people are still talking about the French onion soup bowl appetizers!! Being a may wedding, it was a little pricey, but worth it!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Ashley G

I would recommend The Olde Mill Inn to anyone. I had an intimate wedding at the Grain House on May 2015 and it was absolutely perfect. Amanda Virga was my maitre'd and was a true professional from start to finish: extremely responsive, understanding and ready to provide smart... Read More counsel at every turn. On the day of, the staff was also impeccable, paying attention to every detail to ensure everyone was fully comfortable. I couldn't ask for a better location and service -- it's a day we'll never forget and we have The Olde Mill Inn's amazing team to thank!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Jenna F

Wow, it really was the best ever. Our guest will not stop calling and raving about how wonderful it was. I am so so happy we decided to go with the Olde Mill Inn. From the moment we walked in we got that feeling that it was right. Especially after talking with Lindsay Stewart... Read More and John Lietz. The staff really cared about your wants and needs and hold true to even the smallest details. What could be a very stressful day was really delightful because of such wonderful accommodations and staff. The grounds are beautiful. We got married in the courtyard. I think my favorite moments was overlooking the courtyard from our beautiful suite moments before the ceremony. It really felt like a fairytale. The food was really really good. Even as the bride I made sure to eat during cocktail hour because It was just that good. To get a sense of the quality of food is like you could treat yourself to a meal at the grain house. The ballroom was perfect we had about 180 guest and it was more than comfortable. We also had a 7 piece band and they sounded great in the space. I also loved how our guest had access to the courtyard throughout the event. Everyone was circulating and having a great time. It was everything. <3 Jenna and Joe 5-15-15

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Kimberly E

There are no words that can truly express how wonderful the Olde Mill Inn was on our wedding day. From our initial booking with Lindsay Stewart to John Lietz, our maitre d on our wedding day, and everyone in between, the staff of the Olde Mill Inn went above and beyond to make... Read More sure our wedding day was flawless. The food was delicious and plentiful, and the venue was gorgeous. The staff even made sure that our parents were taken care of and had everything they needed. Even when the forecast called for rain on our wedding day, John let us wait to the last minute to decide whether to get married in the courtyard or the ballroom. Fortunately, the weather held off, and we had a gorgeous ceremony outside in the courtyard. We received so many compliments on the Olde Mill Inn including if we can get married again next year so our guests can go to another wedding at the Olde Mill Inn. I recommend the Olde Mill Inn to anyone and everyone I know who is getting married. You won't regret having your wedding there!

Wonderful Venue! Beyond Expectations!

Reviewed on 4/25/2015 Maureen L

Absolutely wonderful venue - and the service was outstanding! From the time we booked our date they were beyond helpful with every decision and step, from choosing the menu to keeping us up to date on our hotel block counts, to even decorating our wedding cake with custom... Read More flowers and decorations. Grounds are also beautifully kept and there's a courtyard outdoor area option for cocktail hour (weather permitting.) The day of the wedding the staff and maitre'd went above and beyond - bringing our gifts and luggage to the room to accommodate professional photos, ensuring we got to enjoy the food during cocktail hour and that our glasses were never empty for the whole night. They also made sure that our families always had a drink and accommodated food options that weren't even on our menu! Food was delicious and came out hot (something that was not the case in some other weddings we have attended at other venues). The maitre'd also made sure that everything remained on schedule. Reasonably priced (particularly if you choose a Friday or Sunday), especially compared to other venues in NJ. Room rates for guests were also reasonable at $135/room (breakfast included). Great option to consider if you expect 150-200 guests and prefer a venue with a hotel attached/associated. Marien and John were fantastic!

They treated us like family.

Reviewed on 4/19/2015 Amanda S

From our first meeting with Lindsay, to our private brunch the morning after our wedding, The Grain House at The Olde Mill Inn made us feel like part of the family. The venue was nothing short of perfect, and truly encompassed the vision we had for our wedding. We are still... Read More getting rave reviews about the food. The mashed potato bar was a hit. I recommend it for anyone looking to be a little different from the norm when it comes to cocktail hour. We are so thankful to everyone particularly Amanda, our maître d who handled everything for us the day of. We could not ask for anything more. Thank you to the entire staff for making our day so amazing.

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 Katie M

I rarely if ever use the word perfect to describe anything...however, our wedding was on March 21, 2015 in The Hunt Room at The Grain House and it was amazing. From the start, their service was impeccable and personal. Lindsey Smillie was our coordinator and Amanda Virga was our... Read More maitre'd. They were outstanding! Thank you both again! They not only answered any question or concern in depth but promptly! My then fiance and I even stopped in for lunch once without an appointment (just because the food is amazing)! We saw another wedding getting ready and the father of the groom needed thread...before you could finish the thought another maitre'd was there to help him. We were very impressed and confident that we had made the right choice in choosing The OMI because it is a unique setting (not a stale wedding venue) and yet a highly experienced one in which your wedding needs (from day one... till the day of) will be met! Back to the food...delicious and as my parents said constantly replenished. Both my husband's parents and mine had been to a lot of weddings(including our siblings' weddings) as had their friends, they all said that this was one of the best cocktail hours they have ever been to and that dinner was the best they had ever had. Our friends said they'd never actually enjoyed a wedding entree till our OMI wedding. I am happy to say that my husband and I got to relax, dance and EAT at our wedding was all fantastic! There are unique options and traditional. Our guests were very pleased (did I mention I am Sicilian/north jersey italian?!?! our guests came with high standards!) Ok, now I want to order lunch from the Grain House so before I get too hungry I'll also add that the Hunt Room was an ideal setting for us. We wanted an intimate feel and, without asking, our families told us how much they loved the room. They said it had a great flow unlike a hall that breaks up the dance floor and bar. Instead, the space invites everyone to mingle together whether you are in to dancing or prefer not to. Before I go I want to also say that we had added on the breakfast reception (yum french toast) and even that was special. When we first visited all that I've mentioned was our overall impression and why we wanted our reception there...and on the day of, to have our dreams become reality, was such an honor and a blessing. Thank you OMI !