The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant

Bow2007

225 Rt 202 (GPS 225 Morristown Road), Basking Ridge, NJ

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 4/05/2015 Melanie F

In a world where wedding planning seems to have become formulaic and commercialized, our experience with the Grain House broke the mold. Lindsay Stewart and Amanda Virga listened to us,helped us plan and perfectly execute the small wedding we envisioned. Some of our 47 guest... Read More described our event as "the best wedding" they have ever been to, "simple, elegant and warm," "perfect" "the food was incredible." Lindsay Stewart (our director of social sales) and Amanda Virga (our Maitre D') responded to our concerns and questions immediately via email, which took away a lot of the stress of planning. One of the many benefits of having a wedding at the Olde Mill Inn/Grain House Restaurant is that you can have a small affair (we only had to guarantee 30 guests) and still get the "A list" treatment. You can also opt for a much bigger wedding. You can make it as simple or as extravagant as you want. The options are limitless. Another really great thing is that your out of town guests will have a nice, convenient place to stay. We plan to come back every year for our anniversary. We plan to order the fried calamari, we didn't get to sample it during the cocktail hour, and we heard it was amazing!

Perfect

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Megan H

Olde Mill Inn was an amazing place to have our reception for our wedding! Our Matire D John was amazing! He went above and beyond what we had hoped for. (Even made sure that we ate!) Everyone really enjoyed themselves and we are so incredibly happy with the way everything turned... Read More out! The cost of the venue was a lot less then we had expected because they ran such a good deal for winter brides. If you are looking for an amazing place to have your reception, look no further then the Olde Mill!

The perfect venue for our wedding day

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Ashley B

We loved our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn!! In every way possible, The Olde Mill Inn made all of our wedding day dreams come true. I can’t express enough how wonderful our wedding experience with them was. We are still getting massive compliments from our families and friends,... Read More many of whom have said they have never been to a more beautiful wedding. Working with coordinator Lindsay and maitre’d John was such a delightful experience as well. My husband and I enjoyed spending time with both of them, planning down to every little detail how we wanted our rehearsal dinner (which we had at The Grain House, and was equally wonderful), cocktail hour and reception to be, and they not only fulfilled our expectations – they went above and beyond. We were really blown away by how delicious all of the food was, the excellent service, and the little surprise extras that they contributed as well. Lindsay is such a sweetheart, and was so kind, creative, and patient with us throughout the process (including numerous calls and emails from me over many months, asking tons of questions). John was awesome as well – he really knows his stuff, was delightful to work with, and he not only made sure everything ran perfectly the evening of our wedding, but he also made sure that my husband and I got to eat! J The venue itself was so clean, well-maintained, beautiful inside and out, and allowed us to have numerous lovely backdrops for our photos. The Olde Mill Inn has such a warm, welcoming feeling, and that really resonated with us and our guests. The entire staff was friendly, helpful, and incredibly talented. I would 100% absolutely recommend this venue to any couple getting married. You won’t regret it!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016

Brian and I had a short engagement and the first thing we wanted to finalize was the date and location. I did my research online and planned the places to visit that included the Grain House at the Olde Mill Inn. It was the second place we visited and fell in love with it... Read More immediately. What sold us to this place: the gazebo garden for the ceremony and the intimate and rustic place of the Grain House for the cocktails and reception. We wanted a small wedding with less than 100 guests and this was the perfect place. We had a great help from Lindsay Stewart, Director of Social Sales. She answered all our questions and more. We were then assigned our Maître D 2 months before our wedding , Amanda Virga. I had the pleasure of working with her, she is the best !!!! You will not need a wedding coordinator – she is there to represent Olde Mill and what the place has to offer but most of all, she is also there to help and assist you to make your dream wedding come true. We did not have a wedding planner, I coordinated with Amanda details of the wedding and she put everything into place. We provided wedding materials/ decors and Amanda took care of setting up everything . Amanda also worked with all our vendors to make sure the flow of the program/wedding was seamless. My praise for Amanda is endless … she was working too hard that we did not get a chance to pose for a picture together but I knew she was everywhere making sure everything was in order. I normally like to manage everything but come wedding day – I was so relaxed ( my pics would show it because I could not stop smiling and laughing ), I knew Amanda had my back . The ceremony chairs were set-up early for the wedding and everything just looked lovely. The ceremony was beautiful ! Everyone loved the cocktails. And the reception - everyone just had a great time . We had the dance floor outside under the white tent, it was enchanting! The food and the drinks, the quality was beyond and better than we expected . It was a wedding to remember and cherish – thanks to the Olde Mill Inn , the staff and special mention to Lindsay and Amanda ! The perfect team!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Carol v

We had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge, NJ on 8/20/2016 and it was beautiful. We had 225 guests and this venue exceeded any and every expectation you could possibly have for a wedding venue. The staff, and especially our maitre d Marien, was unbelievably... Read More professional, detail-oriented, and accommodating from first glances as an overwhelmed engaged couple to final goodbyes as husband and wife. The Olde Mill Inn offers an impressively wide arrange of food options for the bride and groom to select to have served on the day of the wedding and this includes hors d'oeuvres, food stations, entrees, and even desserts. The quality of the food was incredible and our guests raved about their dining experiences during the wedding and days after. The Olde Mill Inn staff especially prides themselves on giving the bride and groom the notion that the day of the wedding is a worry-free experience where every detail you can think of has already been taken care of. I highly recommend the Olde Mill Inn and their staff as they gave my husband, myself, our families, and all of our guests an unforgettable wedding experience.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016

We had my daughters bridal shower at The Grain House in the Fox and Hound room and it was the best decision I have ever made! From the beginning when we had the initial tour and sit down with Marien till the last minutes of our party we were treated like queens! The room and... Read More atmosphere is beautiful , the grounds are lovely . The food was delicious and plentiful. Marien , Ashley , Samuel and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make sure the day was perfect for my daughter , family and friends. All of our guests raved about the party. We will be back! Thanks for making this day so special !

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Kristen C

The Olde Mill Inn was the first place that my fiance and I looked at and we booked it on the spot. We were impressed with the beauty and functionality of the space. The maitre d' that was assigned to our wedding was amazing, and she had good attention to detail to make the... Read More wedding run smoothly. That being said, we picked the place because it says they do only one wedding at a time, but in the courtyard of the Olde Mill the staff was setting up for a 2nd wedding (ours was in the afternoon and the 2nd wedding was in the evening) so the courtyard was filled with the other couples' set-up for their ceremony and it was awkward for our guests to go out there. I wish the staff and venue space was JUST for us, especially after all that money we paid. While they certainly do one wedding at a time at the Olde Mill Inn, just be aware if you do an afternoon wedding that they may start setting up for the next wedding in your space.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Julie C

Where to begin! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day! The Olde Mill Inn was the 3rd place we looked and I was hooked from the moment we entered the parking lot. We initially met with Lindsey Stewart, she was great, helpful professional and friendly, answered... Read More all of our questions promptly. We came back with my dad to make sure he was on board (he was) :). We came for the bridal expo in January 2016 - met our future DJ Chuck Russo and Florist Cathy from Conroy's - we loved the courtyard and ballroom and we're so excited to have our big day there. We came for our tasting in March (everything was so good and they had a special tasting menu for my husbands food aversions) - we got to meet all of the MaitreD's (Marien, Amanda and John were all so nice!). We were assigned Amanda Virga - she was AMAZING, so on top of every little detail, responded to emails, phone call and texts very quickly. We changed rehearsal dinner plans last minute and swooped right in to save the day and helped us have a wonderful rehearsal and meal following. She was an absolute dream to work with and made it so my husband and I didn't have to worry about the little details and could enjoy our guests. She attended to my dad who needed some assistance and she went above the call of duty for to help us do a little special dance and Face Time with my in-laws who were unable to attend. The hotel was perfect for our guests, the beds comfortable and the rooms in excellent condition. The library was a lovely place to hang out for some conversation before and after the wedding and THE FOOD! so many compliments on the presentation and deliciousness of the food! (I LOVED the Mashtini bar and probably have many photos with a martini glass of mashed potatoes in my hand LOL. Our cake was from Palermo's which is one of the bakeries they work with and it was delicious! It was my perfect wedding day & Lindsey, the Olde Mill Inn staff and Amanda - We can't thank you enough - Love Julie & David

Reviewed on 8/06/2016

The Olde Mill Inn was the first venue my new husband and I looked at and we knew right away that this was where we wanted to have our wedding. It's a beautiful place with a lot of character and charm. We definitely appreciate the fact that it isn't a cookie cutter "wedding... Read More factory" type venue. What makes the Olde Mill exceptional, though, is the staff. We had a lot going on this past year - on top of planning a wedding! And, from our very first visit at the Olde Mill, it was obvious that these people know what they're doing and that they would make sure that everything would run smoothly, and so we wouldn't have to worry. This assessment turned out to be very accurate. The whole process leading up to the wedding was very easy, smooth, and organized. I always felt like I was in excellent hands. Everyone I worked with at the Olde Mill couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. When the wedding day arrived, I felt like they had everything covered and organized, and I could relax. The place was beautiful and the food was delicious. And, I haven't even gotten yet to one of the biggest benefits to holding your wedding here: You can have your ceremony, reception, and the hotel all at the same place!! I can't stress enough how much easier this will make things for you. Also, the hotel rooms are VERY nice. I would absolutely recommend having your wedding at the Olde Mill Inn and I'm so glad that my husband and I did!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Karyn W

Incredible! From the moment we chose the olde mill inn, we knew it was the right choice. Everyone is incredibly kind and warm and accommodating. Amanda was amazing as our maitre de. We had a beautiful affair in June and they truly go above and beyond. Helpful, understanding,... Read More friendly are but a few of the ways to describe the staff. These are professionals that are in control and allow you to have a spectacular day, whatever the occasion. I know that we will be back to enjoy the inn and the Grain House restaurant- - Amanda and the Olde Mill Inn made our wedding unforgettable and amazing and joyful!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Erin F

This was our first venue to visit. It took us all of a couple of hours to decide we wanted to get married here. Since we only planned the wedding with in about 4 months, Olde Mill Inn was awesome. Everything went perfectly! Even though the weather was super hot, humid, and... Read More storming......the staff made everything run smoothly. My husband and I are so happy we chose Olde Mill Inn for our wedding. All of our guests claimed it was the best party/wedding they have been to!! Amanda Virga was an awesome Maitre'd. She went above and beyond. Thank you for the most special day!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

Everything at the Olde Mill Inn was beyond perfect from start to finish. From going to look at the hall and their stunning grounds, to (almost two years later) the actual wedding day, everything was better than I could have ever dreamed. The staff was so helpful in the planning... Read More process and they answered all my little questions in a timely fashion, they even answered questions I didn't know I had.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Emily K

There so many amazing things to say about The Olde Mill Inn! Everything for our wedding happened exactly as planned and it could not have been more stress free. It has been over a month since our wedding and our guests are still raving about the food and the amazing cocktail... Read More hour! John was amazing and made sure everything was running smoothly. He brought us multiple plates of food during the cocktail hour and made sure we always had a drink in hand! He even remembered my food allergy and made sure I stayed away from that. We were able to fully enjoy our reception and not have any worries as the staff had everything taken care of!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Alexandra S

Highly recommend, amazing food and atmosphere! All staff was helpful and had great personalities!!!! Wish I could do my wedding reception all over again, I would not change a thing!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Vanessa C

We saw nearly 20 wedding venues, but there was just something that really drew us to the Olde Mill Inn. It is a beautiful, historical and charming location that is a one stop shop for weddings. It felt like "the one" as soon as we saw it. Plenty of rooms for each side of the... Read More bridal party to get dressed and spend some time before the wedding. Great access off the highway and plenty of parking. It has a beautiful outdoor courtyard for ceremonies that is enclosed by the Olde Mill Inn buildings and completely shielded from outside distractions. Some places we visited had views of the street or parking lots and you could hear cars beep when they were locked and their doors slamming shut. The courtyard is well appointed and manicured and we did not feel the need to have our florist add anything extra to it. It also doubles as a great space for people to congregate during the cocktail hour because the waiters bring appetizers there as well. The reception hall is beautiful and a perfect size for 150 – 175 guests with a dance floor bigger than most other comparably sized venues that we visited. And to top it off, they have 100 guest rooms. And you know that that means… NO shuttles! Nothing kills the after party like a dark, quite, 30 minute shuttle ride from venue to hotel. There were several other hotels less than 5 minutes away that you can use for overflow, but we didn’t need any extra rooms for our guests. We had 175 guests and used all 50 rooms of our room block. The Grain House bar and restaurant is right next door and also owned by the Olde Mill Inn. It’s a great place for your rehearsal dinner or wedding after party. Which brings me to the food! That’s the first thing all of our guests raved about after our wedding. Everything was delicious and the Olde Mill Inn offered more passed appetizers and more day-of entrée choices (4!) than any other venue we visited. I’m a beef guy through and through, but even I have to say that you definitely have to try the salmon! All in all, we were thrilled with how our wedding turned out and that was in no small part due to our amazing Maitre D’, John Lietz. John was very responsive to all of our emails, made time to meet with us any time we had questions, and really put our minds at ease. My wife and I did all of the planning and interacting with John and the venue leading up to the big day, but John sought out our parents and immediate family and took amazing care of them all throughout the day. They felt like real VIPs and it was wonderful knowing they were taken care of. John and his staff also made sure we ate during our cocktail hour and reception, always ready with a plate of food for us, quite a feat for busy brides and grooms at their wedding!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Molly H

My husband and I chose the Olde Mill Inn for our venue after attending a wedding there as guests. We had gone to 6 weddings in the year before our own, so it was easy to pick the Olde Mill Inn after freshly experiencing several other venues. The Olde Mill Inn is just so... Read More beautiful, elegant yet cozy and quaint. And it is so convenient with the ability to have a rehearsal dinner, getting-ready, ceremony, reception, after-party, hotel accommodations, and morning-after brunch... all in one location. We loved not having to shuttle around as guests, and our guests appreciated that factor as well. The food was amazing, and we loved working with Lindsay Stewart as our sales coordinator and John Lietz as our Maitre D.'

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Whitney Rae F

The Olde Mill Inn was the 3rd venue that my fiancé and I visited and we knew right away it was the place for our special day. From the very beginning all of the staff was extremely helpful and great to work with. We booked with Marien and she was always very responsive and... Read More willing to answer all my questions. Our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception were all held at the Grain house. It was extremely convenient to have everything in one place, and our guests were very appreciative of this as well as the option to stay overnight in the hotel section of the venue. One of the main reasons I loved this venue was because the “rain option” was so amazing. It started to rain right before our ceremony so we had to move our guests and ceremony from the outdoor gazebo to under the beautiful white tent they have set up over the patio. The tent was so beautiful that I was not even upset that it was raining on my wedding day. The food was amazing and I received so many compliments from all our wedding guests about how much they loved the food. The Olde Mill Inn had a wide selection of different food options to choose from and they were more than willing to work with my budget. Throughout most of the wedding planning, and the day of the wedding, we worked with Amanda who was literally SO AMAZING and the best maître de we could have ever asked for. She made my wedding day a lot less stressful and I do not know what I would have done without her. She accommodated any and every little request we had, down to the smallest of details. She truly helped to make my wedding day extra special and I could never praise or thank her and the Olde Mill Inn enough. I would highly recommend this venue for your special day.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Bitsi

Where do we even begin to explain our experience with the Olde Mill Inn from our wedding last week... it was AMAZING!! From the very first meeting with Marien, we knew it was the perfect venue for us. Marien was so much fun, made us feel very comfortable, got to really know us... Read More as a couple, and stayed honest with us throughout the entire process. It was not a difficult decision for us to book this venue. Between the personalities of all the staff at OMI, the beautiful courtyard, the convenient hotel rooms, and the cookies in the main lobby, it was definitely the best venue we had seen in all of our planning. Marien was extremely responsive to every email and phone call from us and was super helpful in providing her suggestions of things that she thought worked well and things she thought were not as necessary. On the actual day of, Marien took care of everything! From setting up all of our personal items, to cleaning up all of our personal items and putting them up in our suite (which was also beautiful), to making sure everything was running on an appropriate timeline and making sure we and our guests had everything we needed. We really couldn't have done this wedding without her! Then there was the food.... which our guests have been talking about all week and likely will be reminding us for years down the road, because everyone thought it was the best wedding food they have ever eaten! For all of these reasons, and many more, we highly recommend the Olde Mill Inn as a wedding venue. We can't wait to go back and visit as hotel guests and hope that we get to experience someone else's wedding there in the future. Thank you Marien and team!! (Bitsi & Joe)

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Kaitlyn Z

Flawless. This is the one word that I would use to describe my wedding at the OMI. From start to finish everything went off without a hitch. The grounds were magnificent and it was clear that meticulous detail and care was taken to ensure our event was perfect! From booking... Read More with Lindsey S. and execution with our Matre d' Amanda V. our wedding was wonderful. Amanda was there for me every second leading up to the big day and during the event, if there was any small thing that i needed she was sure to get it done. Each one of our guests raved on several different occasions about how much fun that they had at the event and how beautiful that our venue was. I would highly recommend this location to everyone in the New Jersey area. If it were possible to give the OMI 6 stars, they deserve it.

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Kathryn E

Our wedding was absolutely WONDERFUL thanks to everyone at the Olde Mill Inn and our maitre d, Amanda Virga!!! We cannot say enough how awesome it was!!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Beth W

Words can’t express how thankful I am for the Olde Mill Inn staff for giving us the best wedding we could’ve asked for! My husband & I are beyond pleased! We got married on 4/16/16 and loved the food, beautiful stonework for pictures, friendly staff, & the convenience of having... Read More the hotel rooms right upstairs! Lindsey Smillie helped us with every single question I had. She was so quick to respond to my emails/calls & was so accommodating every step of the way! At our food tasting, we met our Maitre’d, John Leitz. This man is AMAZING! He did everything to make sure we had a perfect day! From showing us the ballroom before our guests came in, to bringing us some food while we were taking pics during cocktail hour, to making sure we were having the best day, John made it all happen! We had our ceremony in my church, but when we arrived at Olde Mill Inn, I was happy to see my guests being taken care of & having a blast while the wedding party & I got settled & took our pictures. It was a beautiful day so they were able to have the cocktail hour spread out into the courtyard. Our reception ran so smoothly & everyone had a really great time! My husband & I got to enjoy every part of our wedding. I’m so happy I got a chance to eat! The short ribs were amazing! Not only did John make sure my husband and I were having a great time, he checked in with our parents, too! Before we cut the cake, he made sure the moms were right in the front with their cameras so they didn’t miss the special moment! He also occasionally checked in with my dad to make sure he was happy, too. That meant so much to me. We had an after party & John continued to make sure we were all taken care of hours after our reception! We had a lot of overnight guests so we arranged to have a private brunch the next morning. It was delicious and a nice touch. People are still talking about how nice our wedding was! A HUGE thank you to the Olde Mill Inn staff for an absolutely perfect wedding weekend!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Kelly A

When we first visited the Olde Mill, I was sold. The venue is so different from any other place in New Jersey – it’s classic, it’s historical, just beautiful. And, they were so helpful! Lindsey Smillie walked us through every single detail – set up, schedule, coordinating with... Read More vendors, etc. Lindsey was so sweet and patient and she answered every single question that we had. They even arranged to let us try to food first (surprisingly, we got a lot of push back from other venues on this request), and everything was absolutely delicious. On the day of the wedding, they took care of everything. John was absolutely fantastic (thank God for him!). He busted his butt all night long, running around and making sure every single detail was taken care of. He made sure me and my mom ate and drank, he put out fires, and he made sure we stayed on schedule. I do not think I would have made it through the day without the wonderful staff at the Olde Mill. Thank you, John, for giving me the perfect wedding I have always dreamed of!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Cynthia V

My husband and I got married at the Olde Mill Inn at the Grain House on March 19, 2016. Perfect does not even begin to explain our experience. The wonderful experience began with booking. I knew as soon as I met Marien Barker and got a tour of the Grain House that this would be... Read More where we got married. Marien was straight forward and had all the information ready to go. She even went above and beyond and sent many pictures to me to show the husband to be. Next was the tasting, which was wonderful in itself, but we also got to meet Amanda Virga, our maitre'd, who was basically our dream come true! We had a tough schedule getting to the venue to go over details with her, and she offered to stay after the tasting since we were there. She stayed late just to accommodate us, and that was just the beginning! The day of our wedding was flawless; everything completely exceeded our expectations. We had a lot of DIY decorations and the team absolutely nailed every detail of it. Amanda was so attentive we truly felt like a prince and princess. Aside from the normal stuff like coordinating the day, setting up, and getting drinks for us, she also helped me out with stuff I forgot in my hotel room. I forgot a few things in my room and she went back to get them for me at least 2 or 3 times, she was my savior! The ceremony was great, the transition of the room from ceremony to reception was practically magic! I cannot even count the endless number of compliments about the cocktail hour. We were told by multiple guests that it was the best cocktail hour they had even been too. (Word of advice, get the mashtini bar!! it was a hit!) Even though everyone filled up in cocktail hour, people still ate their dinner because it was just too delicious not to. (Another word of advice, get the boneless braised ribs!) It is hard to express just how wonderful the entire day was, and we owe it all to Amanda and the wonderful staff of the Olde Mill Inn. Even when the party was all said and done, Amanda was still impressing us. She packed ALL of our DIY stuff up and brought it back to our room, put our cake in the freezer and some leftovers in the fridge! Just incredible. When we went through our card box we had a lovely note from Amanda, and about a month after the wedding we received a card from her as well. The venue is gorgeous and the staff is even more gorgeous.I would HIGHLY recommend the Olde Mill Inn for any occasion. I can't wait until I have another reason to book there.

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Jeanetta B

I could not have been happier with this venue. Amanda helped us plan and execute the day. Anytime we needed anything, it was handled and thankfully she was there to help us with all of the things that needed to happen. We had no clue. From the rehearsal to the rehearsal dinner,... Read More the morning of and the ceremony, everything went so smoothly. I could not have imagined a more perfect day. Food was amazing. Table layout was awesome. It was great.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Melody F

We had our wedding reception in the Washington Ballroom at the Olde Mill Inn. The entire experience from start to finish was fantastic. Lindsey Smiley was the one who took us on the initial tour and helped us with the contract. She was always so pleasant and attentive and even... Read More responded to my many crazy bride e-mails! Our maitre d' was John Leitz. He was also truly wonderful to work with. The night went so well and everyone had a wonderful time. Bonus! The ambiance of the Olde Mill Inn fit perfectly with our wedding theme.