The Olde Mill Inn & Grain House Restaurant

(119)

Basking Ridge, NJ

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Customized Weddings with Affordable Elegance

A gorgeous country inn on 10 acres provides the perfect ambiance for the wedding of your dreams. The Inn becomes your country estate for the afternoon or evening with beautiful lawns and gardens for your outdoor ceremony, and meticulous attention to all details for both large and intimate weddings.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Bow2007

225 Rt 202, Basking Ridge, NJ

Too Expensive, Outdated, Pushy

9/24/2016 Maryellen P

I did not end up choosing the Olde Mill Inn as our wedding venue. There were many factors that went into this, but I have outlined the most important ones below. 1. The pricing was very high for the venue and services I would have received when compared to other venues in the area (both Basking Ridge and nearby areas). 2. The venue was very outdated. The decor looks like it really needs a pick me up. If everything were redone and a little bit more modern (but still classy), OMI would have definitely been a contender. 3. There were so many different areas for guests in the hotel, that there was no way possible we would all be able to enjoy the party as a group. Between the two lounges on separate floors, the two different cocktail hour locations, and the ballroom I was surprised that this was a choice location for any event that is meant to be planned as a big party, not different events at the same venue. 4. Beware when they say that the venue is yours and only yours. While it is true that they do not host more than one event at a time in either the hotel or the grain house (which already is technically two events at a time), we were visiting and ran into two brides within 15 minutes, all in the same area. 5. They are very pushy, and do not work well with their prospective guests. When we first arrived, we were asked a series of questions which were already answered via phone to the same woman earlier in the week. We did not want to have our ceremony on site, yet every single place she showed us was how we could have our ceremony there, how each location would be setup for a ceremony, and what they do behind the scenes to transition from the ceremony to the reception. Despite us reminder her at each location we did not want our ceremony there and that we were getting married at a church, she still proceeded to push this on us. 6. Once we got to the point where we were discussing packages, we asked questions on different options and were not given a complete response, or really any information that helped us understand. For example, the wedding cake is included in their packages. We want to have a friend bake us cupcakes for our big day, so we asked if they could replace this in the package with, for example, a dessert display with chocolates and other treats. Instead, we were told that the cake was included and they would make us a cake anyway, that we could bring in our own and they could try to replace it, but it was not guaranteed.

Grain House Wedding

2/08/2015 Lindsey H

My husband and I had such a great experience working with the Olde Mill Inn for our winter wedding day! We dealt with Lindsay Stewart in the beginning and she was always kind and helpful and responded to our questions thoroughly and quickly. Our maitre'd was Amanda and she was just awesome. She made sure she understood everything that we wanted and that everything was organized and perfect. I was so calm the day of our wedding as I knew she had everything handled. We had a few guests in wheelchairs and although they don't have elevators, they were so accommodating to make sure everyone got around safely. We have received so many compliments on how delicious the food was from the cocktail hour to the dinners, how nice and attentive the staff was (especially one waitress who helped my grandma and her friends who don't get around easily with everything that they needed! thank you!), and everyone loved the feel of the venue. We couldn't be happier with how our day went and we are so glad we decided to have our wedding at the Grain House. It was everything we had wanted!

Winter Wedding Bliss

1/24/2015 Elizabeth P

My wedding reception was held at the Grain House. From the time we booked the venue, the staff was amazing! We first dealt with Lindsey and she answered all questions I had promptly. Then, Amanda took over the booking and I can't say how helpful and amazing she was!! The food, service, environment was amazing. The staff during the reception went above and beyond! I recommend this place 110%!!!

Perfect Venue

1/18/2015 Kara R

We just got married on January 18th at the Olde Mill Inn and we could not be happier! From the moment we first contacted them, they were incredible. Lindsey was wonderful to work with and was very responsive. We had a million questions and she was very patient and professional. It was important to us to have our dog be part of the ceremony, although the venue is not dog friendly they made an exception. They even allowed our dog to stay at the venue for the entire wedding weekend. Our maitre d, John, was fabulous. He was in constant contact with us and made our wedding experience truly wonderful. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. It was money well spent, we were able to hand off everything to the staff and they came through. The entire weekend was seamless. All of our guests said that it was by far the best wedding they have ever been to. This venue does a lot of weddings, and they are excellent at it. It was refreshing to find a venue that does a lot of weddings, yet does not have the "wedding factory" feel. We were treated like royalty for the entire weekend, from the second we walked in to the moment we left. They catered to our every need, as well as the needs of our guests. Do yourself a favor and book this venue!!!

Fabulous Wedding

1/10/2015 Meredith C

I just recently had my wedding at the Olde Mill Inn on January 10. From our first meeting with Lindsey, my fiance and I knew this was going to be our venue. She took so much time explaining all of our options and once we booked the venue, she was a huge help answering all of my emails and phone calls right away! We had our rehearsal dinner at the Grain House on the Olde Mill Inn's property in a very cute, lodge-like room, which suited our style perfectly! The room was intimate, separate from the restaurant tables, with a roaring fire. This was the perfect location since many of our bridal party were staying at the hotel that night. Our Maitre D', John, went above and beyond to make sure everything was set up the way we wanted, from the morning of, delivering lunch to the groomsmen, to taking notes on how I wanted things decorated, to organizing a table of appetizers and drinks for the bridal party before cocktail hour to ensure we had the opportunity to eat! He also spent all of cocktail hour bringing us plates of hot food from cocktail hour so that we wouldn't miss out! He was constantly checking in with me to make sure things were going the way I wanted, and I truly appreciated all the time he spent making our wedding successful. Food at the wedding was great-- especially the short ribs. Put those on your menu if you book your wedding here. We went to a tasting over the summer and had the ability to cater our menu to the things we liked and didn't like based on the tasting. They had no problem with me changing out some appetizers on the menu for others. Our guests were impressed with how great the food was and also about the selection of beer/wine/liquor available. After our wedding we headed over to the Grain House yet again to continue the party at the bar. They set up a tab for us and ensured only wedding guests would be able to add to the tab. This was so much fun, especially since it is right there on the same property as the hotel and guests didn't have to go out of their way or drive anywhere to join in! A big plus about our wedding weekend: having the rehearsal dinner, reception, after party, and brunch the next day all on the same property made our out of town guests VERY happy. Some even commented that it felt like a mini vacation! We were also happy with this as we got to spend a lot of time with our guests beyond the reception. Continental breakfast is free for all guests, we loved having this available for our family and friends. A note on having a winter wedding: we chose the winter package for the discounted price, but it came with so many amazing perks-- free night in the honeymoon suite, winter dessert station (apple crisp + hot chocolate, our guests LOVED this), and more. The staff at the Olde Mill Inn runs a seamless wedding. Lindsey and John made me feel like their number one priority at all times. I could not have been happier with our day!

Olde Mill Inn Wedding Reception

8/02/2014 Rachel T

The Olde Mill in is an amazing venue for a wedding, and we were thrilled with our reception. The building is beautifully maintained and offers stunning photo opportunities. The food was amazing, especially cocktail hour; our guests are still raving about it! We had our reception in the Washington Ballroom, which provided space for a large crowd to sit comfortably at tables while still having adequate space for the dance floor. The patio provided a wonderful space for cocktail hour as well (our wedding was in August). One of our favorite features was having our far-traveling and out-of-town guests stay on sight; everyone felt comfortable using all of the Olde Mill’s spaces, both before and after the reception, and it was so nice to have so many of our guests attend breakfast in the same space the following morning. My husband and I enjoyed having these extra moments to talk to our guests without feeling like it all had to be done during the cocktail hour and reception. One of the greatest benefits of having our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn was having Marien as our maître d. Throughout the planning process, most of which took place long-distance over emails and through phone calls, Marien was efficient, clear, helpful, and flexible. She made multiple appointments for us to meet at times when I was planning to be in the area to touch base, check-in, and finalize details. Marien has the experience necessary to know how to keep every detail organized during planning and on the day of the wedding. She did not miss one thing! I couldn’t be more grateful for all of Marien’s guidance and support, as well as her care in making sure our wedding reception was even more than we imagined it could be. I would highly recommend the Olde Mill Inn, and thank them graciously for working so hard to make our wedding day perfect.

Olde Mill Inn & Grain House- A Christmas Wedding

12/27/2014

Our experience with the personnel and venue at the Olde Mill Inn & Grain House was truly exceptional. We had a limited time to plan our wedding, and every expectation we had was 100% exceeded. Amanda did a tremendous job of managing every aspect of the wedding, and made us feel very comfortable that we had no reason to worry about the finer details for our big day-she took care of EVERYTHING. The venue was stunning, the food was delicious, and the service was second-to-none. I recommend both Amanda and Marien to anyone looking to have the wedding of a lifetime. A beautiful Christmas wedding started as a figment of our imaginations and became an incredible reality because of the great work Amanda and Marien did for us. From customizing the menu, to collaborating on the decorating details, we simply couldn't have asked for more.

Perfect Day!!!

9/27/2014 Kaitlin M

The Olde Mill Inn gave me the best wedding I could have ever asked for - truly a dream come true. Being a controlling person, I was so concerned that I was going to spend my wedding day being stressed out. The best part was that I didn't have to because they made everything so easy for me! Looking at other people's weddings, what I love is their attention to detail. We feel so lucky with how much love and care they put into our wedding, and it made paying the bill very easy!

WOW….JUST WOW

8/03/2013 Katy E

Correction: My Wedding was on 12/13/14. THANK YOU AMANDA VIRGA, CATHERINE COTTER, CHUCK RUSSO, and JIM BONKOSKY for helping me coordinate the PERFECT Winter Wonderland Wedding! I had a distinct vision for how I wanted the Hunt room to look…rather than it being a typical wedding reception space, I wanted to transform it into a magical winter forest. My florist, Catherine, from Somerset Hills, did a BEAUTIFUL job creating dramatic centerpieces of white birch branches with crystals, surrounded by white hydrangeas and candles on top of a mirror to maximize the sparkle. I worked closely with my DJ Chuck Russo and Jim from JB Lighting Production, (917) 834-1902, to create the optimum lighting for the space. Jim kept all of the bright overhead lights off and used uplighting to bathe the room in a cool blue wintery light. This look greatly enhanced the atmosphere…attention, future brides: uplighting is worth the cost! Jim also projected snowflakes onto the dance floor and our name onto the wall across from the DJ booth. Chuck Russo is the BEST DJ EVER! My wedding was the ultimate dance party thanks to him! And I couldn't have asked for a more amazing maître d'--Amanda Virga was so helpful, accommodating, communicative, responsible, organized, and sweet! Before the wedding, she was constantly in touch with me making sure all of my questions were answered and that everything was set for my big day. She made sure the slideshow worked in advance so that it ran smoothly during cocktail hour the day of. She allowed us to drop all of our hotel favors, wedding favors, photographs, cake topper, etc. off the week before so that we weren't as stressed in the last few days leading up to the wedding. She made sure I was happy with the signature drink and did a WONDERFUL job displaying all of the flowers from the church on the Christmas trees on either side of our sweetheart table! She even helped bustle my dress! During cocktail hour my husband and I were taking pictures outside and she made sure a variety of hors d'oeuvres was waiting for us in the bridal suite! The entire wedding flowed so smoothly thanks to Amanda! I was pampered throughout the entire experience -- she thought of everything and truly made me feel like a queen on my special day! Request Amanda Virga at the Grain House to oversee your wedding!!! I LOVE the Olde Mill Inn-- it really is the BEST place to have a wedding!

The Grain House .. Serving America & Hosting Weddings since 1768

9/26/2014 Nicole C

I know the 18th century was an important era for the Grain House, but 9/26/14 was a really big day for us. Both raised in Jersey's countryside, we were not just looking for a ballroom wedding venue, but rather a special spot that reflected who we were and where we came from. The Grain House was just that .. a rustic setting in the midst of upbeat Morris County with all of the amenities that we could have hoped for. From the tastefully decorated Gazebo, where our reception was held, to the outdoor dance floor held underneath a grand white tent that reminded us oh so much of our summer days spent together, the Grain House showcased us and our wedding in all the right ways. As for the essentials, the food was incredible and the staff were a pleasure to work with. We'd like to make a special shout-out to our maitre d', Amanda, who was cool as a swimming pool, and Lindsay, director of all things awesome. Amanda was perfect at being the calm, confident and caring maitre d' that every couple deserves to have at their wedding. Lindsay was there for us from the start, and made sure that our special day was just that .. special. Hearing from so many of our guests that our wedding took the gold in every category upheld that we rightfully chose our special spot.

so HAPPY to have chosen the Olde Mill Inn

11/29/2014

My wedding reception was perfect using the Fox and Hounds room in the Grain House. Beginning with a small, intimate cocktail hour in the Grain Room and moving to the Fox and Hounds, I couldn't have been more pleased. Our maitre' d, Amanda, was flawless. She was a pleasure to work with and quick with email replies to any questions we had. Every request I had, she handled exactly as I had asked. The venue is beautiful, the food - DELICIOUS - the tasting you get ahead of time was wonderful. We were treated like a king and queen. The Olde Mill Inn not only met my expectations, but exceeded them!

Incredible Service!

11/15/2014 Eileen W

My husband and I had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn on November 15, 2014 in the Washington Ballroom. Our ceremony took place off-site but we spent the night before our wedding the the Olde Mill and each got ready there with our bridal parties. We had the absolute pleasure of working with Marien throughout the entire process of booking and planning our wedding. Marien also served as the Maitre D' on our wedding day. Marien went above and beyond for us throughout the entire process and most especially on our wedding day. She handled every detail, anticipated our needs, took care of all of families and friends so we could enjoy every moment of our day. While we were at our ceremony, Marien personally set up every detail of our wedding from the place cards to the family photos. Every single detail was meticulously put together and reflected everything we had discussed during the planning process.To say she is fantastic would be an understatement. We have received countless compliments on the Olde Mill Inn, most of them from guests telling us our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been too. We have received rave reviews about the beauty of the hotel (enough accommodations for all of our overnight guests), the incredible service received by every staff member at the Olde Mill and most especially the FOOD. Guests were raving all night about the cocktail hour (the most incredible spread I have personally seen at a wedding) and the dinner and have not stopped commenting on how delicious everything was. The Olde Mill Inn is truly a special place. My husband and I knew from the minute we toured the Olde Mill that we had to have our wedding there and it did not disappoint. Marien and every staff member who worked our wedding cared only about one thing: making sure it was the best night of our lives. And it was!! We are so grateful and so proud to have had our wedding at the Olde Mill Inn. They made our dreams come true!!

Olde Mill Inn - perfect day!

12/05/2014 Stacey O

After attending numerous weddings over the last few years, my now husband and I knew exactly what we were looking for in a wedding venue. When we visited the Olde Mill Inn, the warm, cozy, intimate feel of the ballroom was coupled with the convenience of the hotel rooms upstairs from the event space. Add to that a winter discounted price and the most lovely Christmas decor and we were sold! At the OMI, you are assigned a maitre d' to work with on all details leading up to your wedding. In working with Amanda, quite simply, she was the best. Her level of responsiveness leading up to the event was extraordinary (often replying within minutes!) and her upbeat personality made even the most tedious of tasks more pleasant. She made sure that our every need was attended to, often anticipating them before we even knew of them. Her expertise in all things wedding related was evident and the day could not have been nearly as smooth without her being there! While nothing makes cutting the checks to vendors any less painful, I can confidently say that the Olde Mill Inn was worth EVERY penny.

Intimate Wedding in the Hunt Room

10/26/2014 Jennifer D

From our first visit, we knew the Hunt Room at the Olde Mill Inn and Grain House was for us. The hotel made for a reasonably priced and comfortable stay for our out of town guests. The food was excellent, not a single complaint about too little, too salty, too... I would recommend going to the tasting! You can get a good idea of what you want served. We were assigned to Amanda and we can't compliment her enough! She answered email questions almost immediately, with accurate information and answers. Amanda is personable, professional, and organized...all the things you want in a point person, on your wedding day. We had a dream wedding in the hunt room, we look forward to going to the Grain House for our anniversary every year!

Wonderful Experience

10/11/2014 Mary Q

The Olde Mill Inn is an amazing venue! They were so helpful and accommodating, especially the day of our wedding. The service was outstanding! Highly recommended!

The couple who got married

10/04/2014 Astrid L

We had a wonderful experience with the Olde Mill Inn, the location, the food, and staff were exceptional. Our Maitre De was knowledgeable, helpful with organizing, and had a touch with decorating. Our wedding was everything and more than we expected.

THANK YOU OLDE MILL INN!!!

10/03/2014 Kathryn S

The Olde Mill Inn was INCREDIBLE!! My husband and I were so utterly thankful & happy with the Olde Mill Inn!! Lindsey S. was so sweet and helpful as well as John L.! Once it was getting towards crunch time John took over and was FANTASTIC! He was so patient and beyond helpful! Any last minute issues he handled immediately. We had picked a signature drink and shortly after cocktail hour started they ran out of the main liquor that was in it and John informed us and said "don't worry and we will get more" and he did! (fast too) And during the cocktail hour he not only made sure my husband and I were ok but also my mother - he brought her a plate of hors d'ourves. He would advise us about whats going on - anything we should know, esp any changes. He took care of EVERYTHING! The wait staff and the hospitality men & women were so kind and helpful too! My husband and I highly recommend the Olde Mill Inn not only for weddings but for any event or function! Thank you John, Lindsey and the Olde Mill Inn team!!

Love the Olde Mill Inn

9/30/2014 Magda L

I can't speak highly enough about the Olde Mill Inn. Everything from the venue space to the food to the help was awesome. I had my wedding in late September at the Grain House which is the smaller of the two locations available on the premises and it was seriously perfect. I really didn't have any problems or concerns and Amanda who was our day of maitre d was absolutely wonderful. She took care of everything with flawless execution and made it so that I didn't have to worry about a single thing. She made great suggestions for how we could maximize the space and was so accommodating with all of my requests. There was nothing that she couldn't make work. I can't say enough how happy I was with picking the Olde Mill Inn for our wedding. All of our guests were raving about the food and how cute their hotel rooms were. This is a great place to get married and highly recommend getting married here if you are looking for a charming and semi-rustic location with amazing food and top notch services.

Fantastic, Marvelous, Wonderful!

9/13/2014 Delores A

There are not enough words to describe the wonderful our experience at the Olde Mill Inn. They made my dream wedding perfect. John Lietz and his staff met all our expectations past what we were expecting. My wedding was held at the Grain House. We were supposed to be having the ceremony at the gazebo but mother nature would not allow it and it was raining. They moved us to the tented area for the ceremony and it was beautiful beyond my dreams. We have been married a month and I am still getting compliments on how beautiful the wedding was and what a terrific time everyone had. Food was wonderful and delicious. If you are thinking of getting married. This should be your first choice. You will not be disappointed.

The PERFECT day!

7/11/2014 Melissa B

I cannot say enough good things about the Olde Mill Inn and especially our maitre'd, Marien. I have been imaging my wedding day for so many years and had held such high expectations for what I had hoped my day would be like. Marien and the Olde Mill Inn exceeded my expectations on my wedding day! Everything was absolutely perfect and I wouldn’t have changed a thing. Throughout the entire day and night Marien made sure my family and I had everything we needed. The entire staff went above and beyond to make sure we were happy every moment of our special day. The food was absolutely delicious!! All of my family and friends continue to talk about how amazing the cocktail hour was! Marien did a wonderful job decorating the venue to add all my personal touches in an elegant way. Marien is so enthusiastic, organized, and such a professional person! She truly cares for each and every bride she works with! I am a very detail orientated, type A person, who has a difficult time giving up the control. However, I completely trusted Marien and her team and I turned over all my trust her, which eliminated any extra stress. This allowed me to just enjoy every aspect of the wedding day. She took charge and made sure everything ran smoothly. Thank you Marien for making my wedding dreams come true!! This is a day my husband and I will remember forever!!

Perfect venue for a perfect wedding!

9/13/2014 Amy G

From the very first moment we met with a consultant to discuss having our wedding at the Grain House, we were impressed. Marien Barker met with us and we were so won over by her enthusiasm and personality that we signed our contract on the spot! The entire wedding planning process was smooth and organized. Our maitre d', John Lietz, was amazing! He listened to all of our ideas and executed everything perfectly. The wedding day was everything we hoped for. Even though it rained and we were not able to have the ceremony outside, they did a great job setting up inside and decorated the space beautifully. John checked in with us so often just to make sure we had everything we needed. The food was amazing and the staff/service was impeccable. The attention to small details was impressive and I did not have to worry about a thing during the wedding. Every item that we provided (decorations, pictures, etc) was packaged and waiting for us in our bridal suite (along with champagne!) by the end of the night. Our guests were all impressed by the accommodations at the Olde Mill Inn and our stay was very enjoyable. Overall, I could not have asked for a better venue for the most special day of my life!

Perfect wedding at the Grain house

9/21/2014 Anna K

Olde Mill Inn made planning a wedding from out of state a breeze. I was able to drop off everything for the wedding a few days ahead of time and do almost nothing the day of! We had a pretty major with one of the vendor but Amanda and Lindsay made sure the wedding when as planned till things could be fixed.

A day to remember

8/15/2014

My wife and I got married (ceremony and reception) at OMI last August. The service, expertise, and overall experience were spot on. We had the opportunity to work with Amanda V. and she was nothing but exceptional. She worked with us the entire time and really cared about making sure our vision came to fruition. I highly recommend OMI not just for the elegance of the venue, but for the professionalism of the staff. Definitely take a tour of the venue and see if OMI meets your style and your needs!

Happy bride!

8/24/2014 stephanie s

We got married this past August 24th at The Grain House at the Olde Mill Inn, it was exactly what we were looking for. From the moment we walked in to book their services to the end of our wedding, it was seamless. This place is absolutely gorgeous! We did the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception there. Our guest raved about the food, the wait staff, and the venue. Everything was breathtaking. I can't thank Amanda Virga, Lindsay Stewart and their amazing staff enough for all their help, they did a phenomenal job. Amanda our maitre'd pretty much took my vision and brought it to life, she was amazing! We wanted a romantic, vintage wedding and this was the perfect setting for it. We were extremely happy with our decision to have our wedding at the OMI. We can't wait to come celebrate our one year anniversary! Thanks again for making my dream come true! Stephanie & Geovanni

A wonderful venue!

8/10/2014 Jennafir A

I can't even begin to explain how happy I am with The Olde Mill Inn's service for our wedding. Each staff member was incredibly nice and attentive to our needs both before the big day and the day of the wedding. The sales manager was so willing to work with us when it came to our budget, and she kept things within our price range while also ensuring we had a beautiful day. The inn itself is so charming, and it made for wonderful photos. If I had to do it all over again, I would pick the same exact place!

Send Email