The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co.

Toledo, OH

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

With a spectacular location just off I-75 in Toledo, Ohio, The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co. invites couples to celebrate the history of the city in a unique and inviting location. The exterior of The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co. offers an elegant brick facade as a perfect location for those first-look photos.

The Cafe. The Cafe is a unique and private venue designed to seat up to 75 guests for an intimate wedding celebration or a delightful cocktail reception in a buffet-style. Brick walls, a carpeted seating area and fireplaces that warm the room give The Cafe its cozy appearance. A full private bar and an attached courtyard add extra space and celebration potential to this lovely venue.

The Fireside Room. The Fireside Room shares the brick interior of The Cafe with gorgeous gleaming hardwood floors and tall windows that overlook the city below. A fireplace draws attention to the rear of the room, creating an elegant space for a wedding ceremony or a seated reception dinner. The Fireside Room seats up to 32 guests at large round tables that encourage conversation.

The Historic Lobby. The Historic Lobby highlights the history of The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co. with its curved space and high ceilings. Large windows admit plenty of natural light while unique features like the original hotel safe and a lovely bar accent the room itself. Seating for 72 guests makes The Historic Lobby an excellent choice for a medium-sized wedding or reception.

The Ottawa Room. Located on the second floor of The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co., the Ottawa Room seats 48 guests in a space that was originally two separate hotel rooms. Dating back to 1859, the Ottawa Room's brick fireplace burns merrily in the evening and a large wall mural provides a perfect backdrop for wedding ceremonies or photographs.

The Warehouse. The Warehouse is the largest of The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co.'s event venues with seating for up to 250 guests. High ceilings and walls lined with liquor barrels give the room a historic feel while the large windows and exposed pipes and beams add a touch of Toledo industrial ambience. A raised staging area is an excellent location for the sweetheart table, a DJ or band and the addition of twinkle lights brightens the dance floor area.

The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co. is a full-service event facility with options for indoor ceremonies and receptions. Outdoor ceremony space is also available weather permitting. The facility offers plenty of on-site parking with valet parking available. Catering is provided by The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co., which offers a large menu that includes steaks, seafood and vegetarian options. Bar service that includes custom cocktails and on-site crafted beers is also provided by the venue. Outside vendors are welcomed at The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co.

In addition to its historic ambience, The Oliver House-Maumee Bay Brewing Co. includes the Toledo Brewing Hall of Fame Museum. The venue is located close to restaurants and lodging.

A unique and Historic venue in downtown Toledo

We offer venues that can accommodate groups from 8-250. We offer a unique warehouse venue for those looking for the "different" venue.

Historic Venue

Food + Catering

27 Broadway, Toledo, OH (419) 243-1302

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 David L

The Warehouse at the Oliver House was an absolute blast to have our wedding reception at! The venue itself has more of the 'rustic' theme that my wife was looking for with a really neat set-up for the bar / cocktail area. The food was absolutely phenomenal. Our guests gave many... Read More compliments to both of our dinner choices, the Chicken Marsala and the Prime Rib. Further, I would highly recommend this venue if your guests enjoy drinking. We got to choose 3 craft beers brewed in the restaurant next door along with the fully stocked bar that kept many of our guests dancing all night long. And to top it all off, the price is very reasonable (about $50/person + a few overhead costs, i.e. room rental and early-set up fees) compared to some of the other venues in Toledo. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Shelby M

I held my wedding reception of about 40 people at The Cafe in The Oliver House! It was a beautiful setting with so much character, and there is a private bar! I was nervous that with an area so small I wouldn't be able to have the fun party that big weddings have, but I was... Read More wrong! We had a DJ set up with a dance floor! The food was delicious and the staff was amazing! They were so accommodating. They let the bakery bring the cake early and stored it for us; they let my friends arrive early to set up; they helped rearrange tables; they let me use their linens; the bartenders were so friendly! I strongly recommend The Cafe as a small reception site!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

We held our rehearsal dinner for 20 people at The Oliver House. The staff worked with us to plan our event two weeks in advanced. The food was outstanding for the cost. I was also very impressed with the servers who were both so friendly and helpful.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Eryanne T

Can't say enough good things about this venue or the staff! My husband and I were looking for a unique space that reflected our style, and we found that in the Maumee Bay Brewing Co.'s Warehouse. The staff were absolutely phenomenal to work with from start to finish. Maureen,... Read More the event coordinator, was always prompt and helpful in answering my questions. She made herself available whenever I needed her, and was truly instrumental in bringing my vision for my special day to life. On the day of the wedding, everything came together seamlessly! I got so many compliments on the wait staff, and Jake, our server, made sure we were taken care of the whole night. The next day, we came back to pick everything up and found everything packaged neatly and ready to go. We barely had to lift a finger! Considering we originally had a different venue booked, I am so happy we switched. We were treated like family, and I couldn't have imagined our day being any more perfect.

Meet The Coordinator

Maureen Rader

I have worked as an events coordinator for over 10 years and LOVE the wedding market. I take great pleasure in making sure that my Bride's are totally confident in working with me to make their special day Fantastic!