The Orchard at Caney Creek

Wharton, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The First Look

Located in Wharton, Texas, The Orchard at Caney Creek is made up of 36 acres of pure natural beauty. With the ability to accommodate up to 300 guests, this rustic country farm with lakeside views is the ideal location for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The venue's namesake, a 100-year-old pecan orchard, is a unique and idyllic location for ceremonies. With on-site accommodations for up to 45 guests, and a 4,500 square foot deck, The Orchard at Caney Creek offers ample space and lodging so that guests can cut loose.

If you're looking for a good old-fashioned Texan wedding, The Orchard at Caney Creek can help. Guests enter the venue through our stunning tree-lined driveway, providing a picturesque backdrop popular for first-look photo sessions. Both indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception venues are offered to provide versatility for all couples. Choose from the following options available on the property.

The Wedding Tree. This spot is the most popular for outdoor ceremonies. Surrounded by pecan trees and breathtaking lakeside views, this space is ideal for larger guest lists of up to 300.

Deck. This 4,500 square foot space is an excellent reception area for guests to mingle over cocktails and appetizers. With partial coverage, this open-air space is built around numerous soaring pecan tress. Finish off the romantic night dancing under the stars lakeside, with twinkling lights and expansive greenery providing a striking ambiance for evening celebrations.

Indoor Space. Complete with draping curtains and large landscape windows, this space is ideal for smaller scale, intimate weddings.

From The Vendor

Your Best Bet for a True Texas Wedding!

The Orchard at Caney Creek is 36 acres of naturally romantic surroundings just waiting for you. With dinner in our Creekview room, dancing on our spacious deck, cocktails by our firepit, cozy guest cottages, and a 100-year old pecan orchard, we have it all.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Farm + Ranch, Waterfront

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

The Orchard at Caney Creek provides couples with wedding a recommended vendor list upon request. This list contains experienced wedding experts that have been vetted by The Orchard at Caney Creek. The list includes a diverse array of professionals, including:

• Cake Service
  • Officiants
  • Photographs
  • Videographers
  • Wedding Planners

The Orchard uses Two Forks Catering as their in-house caterer, providing hearty meals in both plated and buffet style forms.

923 County Road 235, Wharton, TX (281) 944-3331

All of The Orchard at Caney Creek's wedding packages come with appetizers, salad, bread, entree, side dishes, coffee and tea; however, the menu is customizable to suit the needs of each couple. Tables, chairs, linens, silverware and professional wait staff are also included in the package. To ensure all of your demands are met, a consultation with a professional wedding coordinator will also be organized prior to the event. The Orchard at Caney Creek allows a four-hour reception period with each wedding package, along with one hour of rehearsal time. Additional time is available for purchase, but must be requested prior to the wedding.

The Orchard typically doesn't allow for outside catering. Off-duty officers, which are contacted and scheduled by the venue, are required if alcohol is being served. Venue tours are available upon request.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Monica M

Everything was perfect for our special day!! They were so accommodating and sweet and helpful. The food was AMAZING and we could not have asked for a more beautiful location. All of our guest reported back that they had the best weekend staying there. Two thumbs up and 5... Read More stars!!!

2016-06-29T17:23:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that you were so happy with everything about your wedding. We wish you all the best! Warmest regards, Jeff and Susan

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 3/25/2015

From the time my daughter and I viewed the property, until the day of the wedding we KNEW we had made the right venue choice. Susan and Jeff,(venue owners), are remarkable to work with. They are quick to respond to your emails and phone calls. So willing to help take all the... Read More stress off of your shoulders the day of as well. We rented all of the onsite houses from Friday-Sunday. Our rehearsal dinner was there as well. We also had an after party after the wedding on site. The whole weekend felt more like a family reunion than a wedding. All of our guests said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to because of the "after party". They didn't feel rushed to leave and could visit with the bride and groom a little longer. The fun part aside, I must stress again that the working relationship with Susan and Jeff was UNBELIEVABLE! The staff they employ is professional and very courteous. After wedding, two sweet young ladies came to the bridal house to offer appetizers to my daughter and I as we were trying to bustle her dress. I was told they did this on their own!!! So thoughtful!!! Even though my daughter's dream wedding is over...we walked away with new friends. Thank you all for your help...we couldn't have done it without you! Kim Campbell

2015-03-27T10:44:39 Response from the vendor

Kim, Thank you so much for your kind words. From start to finish, it was a pleasure to have your beautiful daughter get married on our property. It's folks like you that make us love what we do. We appreciate that you trusted us with... Read Less Read More

Our Daughters Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Brittani D

Our daughters dream was a large outdoor wedding with a beautiful setting. The Orchards at Caney Creek provided this and much more. This venue was perfect in everyway. The staff was incredible, and we felt like they were family by the time the wedding was over. Sandy the... Read More venue coordinator was like a second mom and wanted to make everything perfect for our daughter. The food was amazing, and we have guests still raving about it, along with the entire evening. The large deck looking out over the water was so beautiful and perfect for dancing and a band. The huge tree in front of the pond is a picturesque place for the ceremony. The guest houses are perfect for staying onsite and enjoying the entire weekend. The pecan orchard drive is an incredible entrance and first impression for the event. I cannot say enough about our experience and how wonderful everyone at the Orchards at Caney Creek are! They did make her dream come true - it was an amazing wedding and reception! I would highly recommend The Orchards at Caney Creek!

2014-03-17T12:26:35 Response from the vendor

We absolutely adored working with this delightful family! What a treat and what a wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016

It is difficult to even begin to express what a special place The Orchard at Caney Creek is - the beautiful location (even better than the pictures), the exceptional people from the owners Susan & Jeff Smith who personally hosted the event and treated us like honored guests in... Read More their home to their staff/servers who were so professional and helpful (several guests in the hospitality industry remarked on the wonderful service), to the unbelievably delicious and plentiful food and excellent bar service. I haven't even mentioned the wonderful accommodations on-site - if it works with your plans definitely plan on staying on-site. We arrived Friday afternoon and had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on-site and the entire wedding party and immediate families stayed the night in the beautiful, homey accommodations - plenty of towels, linens, shampoo, conditioner, coffee, etc. The wedding party proceeded to party well into the evening - enjoying the large fire pit and Adirondack chairs out on the patio area, pool table, big screen TV, etc. On Saturday morning, everyone enjoyed a big breakfast that we cooked ourselves on-site (everything you need to cook - serving dishes, platters, dishes, flatware, glasses, full size appliances) and then preparations began. We had several of the groomsmen fishing in the creek, tossing the football around in the orchard, watching the games on the big screen TV (and recovering from the evening before). Susan & Jeff could not have been more accommodating (Jeff even ordered the UFC fight for the after party Saturday night and even joined us to catch a few rounds!) Many of out guests questioned the location (Wharton ??? what the he**) but when they saw it they understood the appeal - dancing on the deck under the stars (and the beautiful café lights gracing the deck), enjoying a s'more around the cozy stone fire pit, strolling down to the softly lit gazebo for a private moment - it was magical. I would say more but space prohibits me.

2016-12-08T11:35:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was truly our pleasure to host your daughter's amazing wedding on our property. We may be prejudiced, but we think we have something pretty special down here in Wharton. We're glad that you and your guests... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Paige P

I have heard great things about this venue and would love to book a tour and come take a look for my upcoming wedding !! Unfortunately every number I try to contact you with is no good and I do not live in Wharton. What is a good contact number for you ??

2016-07-12T20:49:38 Response from the vendor

I am so glad that you've heard great things about us, and we would love to have you come out and visit the property. I am so sorry that you have had a difficult time calling us. The phone number we have posted on this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

The staff at The Orchard of Caney Creek is terrific to work with the entire way from planning to the big day!!! They are very organized and on top of details:). I felt like my wedding day was perfect and everything fell right into place to where I was able to enjoy my day! The... Read More property is extremely well taken care of and just beautiful.

2016-06-29T17:19:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We love what we do, and we're glad it shows! Best wishes to you---and thanks again. Sincerely, Jeff & Susan

Wonderful Venue & Wonderful Owners!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Erin K

We loved working with Susan and Jeff - they were there to help us every step of the way. Their venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and there is so much included in the one price model - which is really helpful as you are watching your budget! I can't say enough nice things... Read More about our wedding - and our guests keep talking about it as well! I love every second of our day - thanks for everything!

2015-12-07T14:57:24 Response from the vendor

We loved working with you. It was our pleasure and honor to host your beautiful wedding at The Orchard at Caney Creek. Thank you for your kind words. Warmest regards, Susan and Jeff

Our wedding weekend

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jacqueline A

The orchard was exactly what we wanted in a venue and place to celebrate or big day! We rented the accomodations for the entire weekend and had our rehearsal dinner there as well! We had so many out of town guests that we wanted to spend as much time with them as possible, so... Read More this was perfect for us! Susan, Jeff and their family were so warm, welcoming and completely accommodating to our needs. They made us feel right at home! The setting of the ceremony was just breathtaking and exceeded our expectations. Everyone raved about our menu, spectacular food! We would love to come back to another wedding or celebrate our 10yr anniversary by renting the venue again!

Perfect Wedding in April

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jaclyn C

After visiting numerous venues, mostly for the sake of seeing what all was out there, I easily picked The Orchard at Caney Creek for my wedding ceremony/reception venue. I picked an April wedding date, so the property was full of greenery, which was awesome! I really loved... Read More everything about with the venue had to offer. The process was super easy and wasn't at all stressful like the horror stories you may hear about wedding planning, mainly because the staff (Susan and Jeff) were extremely easy to work with and get a hold of. OCC provided service staff, catering, set up and break down, overnight amenities (if desired, but we did not use), ceremony site, reception venue. Basically anything you need for a turnkey wedding was offered. I highly recommend The Orchard. This venue gave me the opportunity to produce the wedding I envisioned. That is one of the great things about it, no matter what you envision for your wedding day, OCC has the versatility that it can be exactly how you want it. I will remember my wedding day as one of the easiest, stress free , enjoyable moments of my life! I truly appreciated the effort by Susan (and entire staff) to make sure our special day was perfect!

2015-10-27T14:53:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved hosting your wedding at The Orchard, and we are thankful that you were able to enjoy your day in such a stress-free manner. You were an absolutely gorgeous bride, and your special touches were fabulous.... Read Less Read More

Fabulous versatile venue

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

We selected The Orchard at Caney Creek because we were looking for a location for both wedding ceremony and reception. The outdoor space under the 'wedding tree' provided a beautiful backdrop with plenty of seating for 140 guests. The reception space gave us both indoor and... Read More outdoor areas which allowed those who wanted a quieter atmosphere to have a place to settle. Plus, the outdoor deck served as a spacious dance floor with plenty of room to mingle. The OCC staff was fabulous from start to finish. They made themselves available for us to visit as often as needed to determine how we were going to decorate, etc. The staff on the day of the wedding was very professional, friendly, and attentive. OCC provides all of the basics needed for a nice reception with all of the table settings and a delicious food selection, but more importantly, they are very flexible in allowing you to decorate and personalize the space to make it your own style. OCC has a great bridal house and grooms rooms to allow the bridal party ample space for getting ready. We liked the set pricing structure they used, because it didn't have any hidden fees or surprises. It made it much easier to plan and manage our budget. We were extremely pleased with how the entire wedding day went. We even had to contend with the potential of rain, and OCC worked diligently with us to create a 'plan B' if needed. We were lucky that the rain held out, but OCC took away the stress by being flexible to prepare an alternate plan if it had been needed. I would recommend this venue to anyone - especially if you want to have the best of both worlds with indoor and outdoor space to use. This venue resulted in a fabulous wedding, beautiful photos, and a lifetime of memories.

2015-10-27T14:55:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Your kind words warm our hearts. We loved having your daughter's beautiful wedding at The Orchard. She and all of her details were spectacular. We appreciate that you entrusted us with the kids' very special day. Sincerely, Susan & Jeff

9/12/15 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kristin J

First off, I want to thank everyone at The Orchard at Caney Creek for all their help from when we booked the venue last fall, until the day of our wedding. You all were wonderful to work with! If you're looking to have a beautiful wedding outside, a perfect reception that can... Read More be indoors or outdoors look know further. My now husband and I saw two other outdoor venues before visiting The Orchard at Caney Creek. When we pulled into the driveway we knew instantly that this is where we wanted to get married. The grounds are so beautiful! Pictures do not do it justice. The food was wonderful. A huge bonus is you bring your own alcohol, which saves a lot of money! They have accommodations for your guests to stay onsite. That was a very nice option to have. The only detail that was a little tricky was you, the bride and groom, have to deal with all the accommodations; money and arrange where each person will stay. You have to pay for the accommodations upfront(whatever house or houses you are going to occupy), and your wedding party has to pay you directly. The bridal house, where all the girls get ready is so perfect! Every room in the house is so rustically darling. The Groomsmen house is great for the men to get ready! TV and a pool table is all they need!;-) I just can't say enough great things about The Orchard at Caney Creek! I wish I could relive the whole day again! Thank you The Orchard at Caney Creek team for making my dream wedding come a reality! Love, Kristin

2015-10-21T14:08:22 Response from the vendor

Kristin and Kevin, It was our honor to host your lovely wedding on our property. You are an adorable couple, and we greatly appreciate your kind words. We look forward to having you return to the Orchard as guests---be sure to say hello. May you... Read Less Read More

Everything I wanted!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Yvette M

The Orchard is beautiful, peaceful and it was exactly what we were wanting for our wedding day. Susan and Jeff are amazing! We booked the venue a little over a year in advanced and Susan was there every step of the way and answered EVERY question! They were super helpful and... Read More great to work with. Our wedding day had a few time adjustments that had to be made but Susan, Jeff and their staff worked with our wedding planners to get us back on track and made sure the guests and my husband and I were taken care of. My husband and I couldn't have picked a better venue for our wedding.

2015-10-16T10:53:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! It was our honor to host your lovely wedding on our property. We look forward to having you return to the Orchard as guests! May you have many happy, healthy years of wedded bliss. Warmest regards, Jeff & Susan... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Chris D

My husband and I knew we didn't want to get married or celebrate in a church or hotel ballroom, but we didn't know what we DID want -- until we visited the Orchard. It's obviously a bit of a drive, but the venue itself is easy to get to off the highway, and we fell in love with... Read More the 100-year-old pecan trees that define the property. What really sold us was that Susan had an answer for every logistical question we had, including the all-important rain plan. We knew we wanted to be married outside under the ceremony tree, but as our wedding day drew closer and the forecast worsened, we were so glad we were in Susan's capable hands. She helped our wedding party rehearse both our ideal outdoor option and our rainy-day option; fortunately, the weather cleared just in time. The food, which the Orchard provided, was great, and we appreciated that Susan and Jeff provided a vegan entree for our vegan guests. Additionally, unlike other venues we considered, the Orchard has a space for the groom and groomsmen to hang out in before the ceremony, as well as a separate space for the bride and bridesmaids. Susan and Jeff were so great to work with and had a wealth of knowledge and experience that helped us immensely. Several of our guests told us it was the most beautiful wedding they'd attended. We're so glad we had our wedding at the Orchard.

2015-10-21T14:39:10 Response from the vendor

Christine, Thank you for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure hosting your lovely wedding on our property. We wish you a life filled with health and happiness. Warmest regards, Jeff and Susan Smith

Best Day of Our Lives

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Heather R

The Orchard at Caney Creek is the place to have your wedding if you want a gorgeous outdoor setting. All of the staff were so helpful from the day we signed our contract until the day of our wedding. Everything was planned and organized. (Just the way I like it.) The property is... Read More so vast and we took full advantage of this quality by holding the ceremony underneath the "wedding tree", the dinner underneath a tent placed in the orchard, and the reception on the beautiful deck overlooking the lake. All of our guests were so impressed with the property and had the best time. My husband and I could not be happier with our big day. Truly the best day of our lives.

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Vanesa N

I could not have been happier with choosing The Orchard at Caney Creek. From the beginning, I knew I wanted an outdoor wedding. When I was searching through The Knot's website for venues, I came across this little gem. I didn't even have to see it in person to know it was... Read More the one. We went to visit the venue during an "open house" weekend and I was sold. The orchard is stunning. With acreage to spare, it was just what we were looking for. We had a large number of family traveling, so the on-site accommodations were perfect. Susan and Jeff are SUCH a delight to work with. They were very transparent (and SO honest--how refreshing!) from the beginning and made me feel so at ease. They talked us through everything and gave us their tips from their past experiences. We went to one of their restaurants for our tasting and had a fabulous experience selecting the menu items for the big day (and rehearsal dinner)! Everything was so delicious it was quite difficult to narrow it down. We arrived on Friday afternoon for our rehearsal dinner. Everything was just as Susan and Jeff promised. We had an Italian themed dinner that was delicious. Since we had so much family come from out of town and staying on site (if I remember correctly, it was about 40 of us), it was a larger rehearsal dinner. They accommodated everything seamlessly. We also rehearsed for the big day. We had to rehearse two scenarios since it was supposed to pour the entire weeked (not going to lie...still devasting!). Susan helped us coordinate everything. We felt prepared for the next day. We stayed on site the entire weekend and the accommodations were perfect for us. The houses were so comfortable. I felt at home. Most importantly, everything was neat and clean! I highly recommend staying if it is in your budget. So convenient. It poured on the day of, so we had to set up under a tent (reserved just in case). Susan and Jeff (and staff) accommodated accordingly. Once I lined up to walk down the aisle, I realized I forgot my husband's wedding band! Leave it to Susan to rush over to the house in her golf cart to grab it. I still love that. After the ceremony and pictures, we went inside to sit down. We decided on a sweetheart table (best decision) and they had our food waiting for us. Just as delicious as I remember it. Jeff attended the open bar and was a huge hit among the wedding guests! Overall, I don't know if anything went wrong or if everything worked out without a hitch. I have no clue because they just handled it. I could not be more grateful to them for that. They gave us our perfect day at our perfect venue. Thank you for everything, but especially for listening to our concerns, putting us at ease, and being so flexible! BTW- we were married in October of 2013.

Fabulous Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Pam L

Big THANKS to Susan, Jeff and Sandy for an amazing experience!! You were all so kind, patient, accommodating and helpful from the 1st visit to the last bit of pickup! It made what can be a very stressful time so much easier! Your property, the staff, the food, the accommodations... Read More were top notch! We stayed for the weekend and it was well worth the price! We highly recommend this venue and the people that own it! Our daughter's wedding was just fabulous and we thank you for part in that journey! Kindest regards, Pam and Greg L.

Wonderful Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Claire S

I had my wedding at the Orchard at Caney Creek in May 2014. It was the absolute perfect wedding weekend. From our Friday night rehearsal dinner to the Sunday morning brunch with family, everything was perfect. I cannot thank the staff enough for all their work to make my special... Read More day beyond my dreams. Their attention to detail and honesty throughout the entire process was what made everything go so smoothly. Even two months after our wedding, I am still hearing compliments about how wonderful everything was and how truly beautiful it is out at the Orchard from some of my guests. I could not agree more! I HIGHLY recommend the Orchard at Caney Creek for your wedding or private event.

Gorgeous Outdoor Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Jennifer B

My husband and I attended a beautiful wedding at The Orchard at Caney Creek in the spring of 2014. We were pleasantly surprised with everything about the evening---from the cool breeze blowing under the trees, to the delicious food, to the dancing on the deck. The staff... Read More graciously attended to everyone's needs. Our friends rented out all of the onsite accommodations which made the weekend more like a family reunion than a 4 hour affair. I would highly recommend this venue!

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Laurie S

The Orchard at Caney Creek was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding in May 2014. The staff and service was excellent and the accommodations were exceptional for all our family to be together all weekend! We are still enjoying every memory every day!

Diamond in the Rough

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Megan S

I did a ton of research before coming a crossed The Orchard at Caney Creek and I can't express how happy I am to have found them. From the moment that my fiance and I pulled up to the property, we had an amazing feeling about it. Meeting Susan and Jeff totally sold us on the... Read More venue. Spencer and I were taken on a tour and feel in love with everything; there was not one detail that we didn't like and for a bride with OCD, that is saying something. As we left the venue that afternoon, Spencer looked at me and said "that was it". I had a few other appointments at different venues, but I found myself comparing them to TOCC. No where that I looked at offers such an amazing deal. Not only is the property sunning, but the price can't be beat. Once we signed our contract, the treatment we received from Susan, Jeff and the rest of there staff only improved. I have emailed Susan countless times in the early hours of the morning with insane and very random questions and she always replies within hours. They have been amazing to work with, they are extremely helpful and accommodating. I have never once felt like a burden or an inconvenience; I feel certain that because of this perfect venue, and the wonderful guidance of the people at The Orchard at Caney Creek, our wedding will be everything I have ever dreamed of and more.

2014-03-17T18:04:43 Response from the vendor

We cannot wait for your wedding and are so honored to be part of your day. You have been a joy to work with and we look forward to many more late night email sessions with you!!!

Beautiful Venue, Crappy Customer Service

Reviewed on 3/14/2014 Meghan O

The venue was great. Beautiful all around, but the people that owned the venue always acted inconvenienced and annoyed that we were getting married there. They were nice when we came to look at the property, but as soon as they got the money, I was a burden. The mother that... Read More lives on the property is the worst, she is very unfriendly. I mean I'm giving you a base price of 10K can't you be slightly nice? To top everything off the succulents, that the florist had put on the tables and I paid a ton for, they just threw away - they could have been saved but they threw them in the trash as we were leaving, literally at 10 pm when the wedding ended! I also did not read my contract - Which I should have - Because they also threw my wedding favors, that I handmade, in the TRASH !!! and the fabric that I bought for the table was donated to goodwill. They're just rude people. Unprofessional and rude. When they get their money they stop treating you like a person let alone a bride.

2014-03-17T12:52:25 Response from the vendor

At The Orchard at Caney Creek, we do our best to provide excellent customer service. In many instances, we become very good friends and working partners with our couples and their families. This wedding took place a year ago and we believed this bride, like... Read Less Read More

Perfect Weekend

Reviewed on 4/04/2013 Cynthia C

The best part about the Orchard are Susan and Jeff, the owners! The next best part about the Orchard is that it has on site lodging. So, we didn't just have a wedding day...we had a wedding WEEKEND!!! So many family and friends got to stay on site with us. And they all kept... Read More saying how amazing it was to be able to all stay together all weekend. The food was amazing. The people were wonderful and accomodating. I would get married here again in an absolute heartbeat! In fact, I think we are planning a 5 year wedding weekend reunion just so we can go back again!!!!

2015-10-21T14:10:31 Response from the vendor

You're making us blush! We love what we do, and it means a great deal to us that you were happy with our venue and our service. Yes, the onsite accommodations really are a crowning touch. We are looking forward to that 5 year reunion...... Read Less Read More

Amazing from beginning to end

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Kristy W

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the venue and the family that owns it. The whole process was wonderful all the way from the initial e-mail to the end of the wedding night. If you are looking for an outside country setting wedding venue, this is your ideal choice!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 7/15/2012 Morgan S

This was a beautiful place for an early Summer Late Spring wedding. The pecan trees were absolutely beautiful. Will definately recommend this venue to other brides

Picturesque Venue!

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 Jennifer G

My friends and family could not stop raving about the beauty of the Orchard at Caney Creek. If you want an amazing outdoor/indoor venue- this is definitely the place. The have several houses onsite as well that used to be a B&B where your guests and family can stay... Read More overnight. It was wonderful because we also had the rehearsal dinner there and were able to spend time with out of town guests the night before. Plus there are ample hotels 5 minutes away. The owner is a caterer so you don't have to worry about bringing one out to Wharton. Its a family operated business so you definitely know that they will not try to take advantage of you and will do the best job for your wedding. Everyone was really kind and accommodating. I highly recommend this venue if you want a beautiful, vintage setting. We will be returning for our honeymoon for sure!