The Orchard Event Venue & Retreat

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The pecan trees set the mood at the Orchard, a classic banquet hall in the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas. Your wedding photos will look beautiful when you are photographed in front of the lake with the fountain in the middle or in the pergola. The hardwood floors in the reception hall make is so that your guests are never far from the dance floor and the bride and groom make a grand entrance through floor to ceiling curtains. The setting is elegant but never stodgy; the focus is on brides and grooms celebrating their marriage in the manner they choose; there is a lot of flexibility in terms of food and decorations. The Orchard has only one area for receptions, but it can be adapted to fit the size of your wedding.

Reception Hall: The newlyweds will look stunning walking into the reception room through the elegant white curtains of the reception hall. The reception hall can hold up to 300 guests.

Reception Hall Plus Covered Patio: The French doors of the reception hall open onto the covered patio so that the two spaces can be made into one continuous space. The combined reception hall and covered patio hold 400 guests.

The Orchard asks that couples reserve the date for their wedding celebration 180 days in advance. The property includes three possible locations for ceremonies: the pergola, the covered patio and the Pecan Room. The covered patio can serve as a rain site for ceremonies scheduled to take place at the pergola. Only one wedding per day takes place at the Orchard and the rental typically lasts for eight hours, which includes setup and cleanup. Couples can add additional time if they choose. All events must finish by midnight, which means that the reception should end at 11:00 to allow time for cleanup. The rental fee includes a rehearsal on the Thursday before the wedding ceremony. The property has cabins where couples can spend their honeymoon.

The event planner can recommend a list of caterers and beverage providers and couples can also choose to have restaurants that are not on the list provide the food and drinks. There is a prep kitchen next to the reception hall, but it is only for plating food; all cooking must be completed before the food arrives at the Orchard. You can bring in any kind of decoration you choose, as long as displaying them does not require anything that could leave a permanent mark on the Orchard’s property, such as nails or glue. Candles enclosed in glass containers are allowed, but open flames are not.

The following perks are included with your rental fee at The Orchard:

• Rehearsal on the Thursday before the ceremony
  • Candles for 20 tables
  • Lanterns for 30 tables
  • Bridal suite with luxurious furniture
  • Groom’s room with PlayStation

The Orchard Event Venue & Retreat

Located in one of the most stunning outdoor settings in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, The Orchard Event Venue & Retreat offers a picturesque backdrop for your wedding that will take your breath away. With multiple sites, located on over 100 acres, available for gathering with loved ones, hosting a rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception, your wedding at The Orchard Event Venue & Retreat will be the event of a lifetime for you and your guests. The Orchard also offers on-site lodging featuring a six-bedroom lodge with outdoor pool and beautiful cabins that are a great alternative to staying in a hotel. The eleven cozy cabins are nestled amongst the towering oak trees, complete with fire pits and outdoor games. The lodging options at The Orchard are perfect for post-wedding family time as we

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Garden, Hotel

Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1421 Northwest Parkway, Azle, TX (817) 270-4555

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Lindsey R

The orchard was amazing! The staff like Kevin was very helpful and nice the day of the wedding. I'm so glad that we had our wedding there. Everyone has amazing time:)

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Lyndi W

The Orchard staff were wonderful to work with and made the day of the wedding so great for my daughter and for the family. There were no mistakes and the venue was wonderful. Also the wedding planner, Heidi was so terrific and allowed me to enjoy the wedding with our loved... Read More ones.

2017-05-08T10:05:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are so happy your daughter and entire family enjoyed their time at The Orchard. We are honored to be a part of such a special day and will be sure to pass on the kind words... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Stephanie W

If you haven't picked a venue. This is the most prefect place for any kind of wedding. It's beautiful and everyone is such a joy to work with. I looked at several venues and knew driving up that it was going to be the place where I said I DO !

2017-03-21T17:57:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are honored that you chose us as your wedding venue. We wish you both all the happiness!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kali F

Absolutely wonderful venue. They were always willing to answer my emails and phone calls about all my small questions. The venue is beautiful and in great shape. It's a blank enough slate to accommodate any style of decor, but stands alone very nicely. They do have a lot of add... Read More ons, which can add up. They don't rent for the day, but rather eight hours. Still, absolutely loved it and had a LOT of compliments on it from our guests.

2017-05-08T10:03:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review. We wish you both many many happy years to come!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Stephanie R

We couldn't have found a better venue for our special day!! The whole staff at The Orchard is so accommodating!!

2017-05-08T10:05:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your great review. We are honored that you chose us as your wedding venue. We wish you both all the happiness!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Mena Y

The Orchard was absolutely AMAZING! I had a very specific look in mind for my wedding and they were very accommodating with all of our requests! DeAndra is very quick to respond to all my questions and emails and kept me up to date with any upcoming documents they needed. I... Read More can't stress enough how fabulous everyone was; Lacy was so warm and accommodating!! Not to mention the venue itself is GORGEOUS!

2016-12-29T08:19:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are honored that you chose us as your wedding venue and very happy that your enjoyed the staff and the venue! We wish you both all the love and happiness in your marriage!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Terry E

Our Christmas Party has been held at The Orchard for several years now and it has always been great! Everyone is so nice and very helpful. I would not want to hold our party anywhere else.

2016-12-29T08:19:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. We love having you back every year!

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Jessica S

Everyone that works for The Orchard is so incredible! Deandra and Mike (the owners) were so accommodating and flexible in order to make our special day exactly what we wanted. Terri was our day-of-coordinator and she was perfect! She made sure I didn't have to worry about... Read More anything or do anything, and I am forever grateful for her! Heidi and Lacey were also so helpful and everyone was so nice! Thank yo for making our day so special and so perfect!

2016-12-06T14:11:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very nice review. We are honored that you chose us as your wedding venue and you had your dream wedding! We wish you both all the happiness!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Breelyn S

The most beautiful venue.

2016-12-06T14:11:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind comment.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Corie Ann G

We just luved having our wedding at The Orchard. The grounds is beautifully kept, the staff is professional & attentive, the price is fantastic. We are so happy to have shared our special day with The Orchard

2016-12-06T14:12:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are honored that you chose us as your wedding venue and you had your dream wedding! We wish you both all the happiness!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Rachel V

I absolutely love this place. I can't tout its virtues enough. It's absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The staff are so kind and helpful. The groom's cabin, awesome. The bridal sweet, lovely. The main reception place, stunning. The fire place, cozy. The outside pergola space with the... Read More fountain, breathtakingly beautiful. Though the drive out there is a bit far, you won't regret it.

2016-12-06T14:12:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We feel very honored that you chose us as your wedding venue and you enjoyed the amenities. We wish you both all the love & happiness!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lindsay J

This was the first venue my husband (fiancé at the time) looked at back in January and we absolutely fell in love with it! It is tucked away in Azle, TX(about 20 miles or so outside of Fort Worth.) There are multiple options to choose from for your ceremony- you can get married... Read More outside, under a covered patio, or indoors. I liked that there were so many back up plans just incase it happened to rain on our wedding day. The staff there is amazing and Lacey was always very responsive to any questions I had. You basically pay for the venue and it comes with tables, white linen table cloths, shepherds hooks (used for the outdoor ceremony), ice machine, chairs, laterns (we used these for part of our centerpieces), and they have a projector and sound system for slideshows and music. We were able to choose our own vendors and did not have to pay a fee for not using one of their preferred vendors. They also have special amenities each month through their newsletter so you can get discounts on special add on items. The bridal suite is very cute and was big enough to hold 10 of us getting ready without feeling to crammed. The grooms cabin is a huge perk! They have a pool table, gaming systems, corn hole, washers, and coolers for the guys to put drinks in while getting ready. There are numerous places to take pictures inside and outside. The location is a little far of a drive for people coming from Dallas, but there is a Best Western located in Lake Worth that provides a free shuttle bus to your guests if 10 or more rooms are booked on your wedding block.... we highly encouraged our friends to stay here and use this shuttle so they didn't have to drink and drive. All and all we were very pleased with this venue and the entire staff. Our guests were very happy with the venue too and kept ranting and raving about how beautiful it was. I would highly recommend this place :) :) :)

2016-12-06T14:13:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are honored that you chose us as your wedding venue and very happy that your enjoyed the amenities! We wish you both all the love and happiness in your marriage!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Diana A

I got married at The Orchard on Sunday & everything was wonderful! The staff was so helpful and welcoming they made everything a breeze. I chose them as my wedding venue because the property is beautiful..my family who came in from out of state got a real taste of Texas and they... Read More loved it!

2016-12-06T14:13:59 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Katy C

We had an amazing experience with The Orchard. They have friendly and knowledgable staff, a gorgeous venue, an affordable price tag, and excellent options with what services they can provide based on your needs. We'd give them more stars if we could!!

2016-12-06T14:15:01 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you for the very nice review. We are so happy your enjoyed your special and we feel honored to be a part of it.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 A P

I would highly recommend The Orchard for your event! They were extremely nice and helpful throughout the entire planning process.

2016-12-06T14:14:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are honored that you chose us as your wedding venue and we wish you both all the happiness!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Amber M

The orchard made sure that or day ran smoothly, and that our guest had a great time! I recommend this venue to anyone looking for a dream wedding

2016-06-17T14:06:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled that you felt your big day was perfect. We wish you all the happiness in the world!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Hannah M

This wedding venue is amazing! It is beautiful in every way but what makes it an extraordinary venue is the people that work there! We just got married this past weekend and loved every minute of it. Heidi Nettles coordinated for us and was great. She thought of everything,... Read More helped me stay calm the day of, and was extremely responsive to emails! The venue has everything: indoor and outdoor ceremony cite, large bridal suite, grooms cabin, and cabins for family/guests to stay in. I really can't say enough nice things about The Orchard!!

2016-06-17T14:06:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled that you felt your big day was amazing. We wish you all the happiness in the world and would love to see you back again sometime!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Gretchen G

The Orchard Event Venue was the most absolute wonderful place to have our wedding!! We enjoyed the beautiful outside ceremony while having a nice dinner indoors. Dancing on the patio afterwards was amazing with the cool night air and string lights making it such a nice... Read More atmosphere for everyone!

2016-06-17T14:07:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled that you felt your big day was wonderful. We wish you all the happiness in the world!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Katie C

I cannot imagine a more perfect wedding location. The Orchard has got this wedding stuff down! Every part of our experience from contract to clean-up was exceptional. Heidi is a gem - very responsive and experienced. She made the planning process painless. The grounds are... Read More impeccably maintained. There was a hail storm a couple of days before, and you would have thought bad weather has never touched that place. There was not a twig on the ground. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone - worth every penny.

2016-04-12T15:24:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are truly happy that your experience with The Orchard on your wedding day was a positive one! Best wishes to you two in your future together!

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Monica P

The Orchard was everything I could have ever dreamed of and more! The setting the venue provides is amazing! We loved the seclusion of the venue, the landscape, and the new additions to the property. The groomsmen loved their cabin and the bridal suit was the perfect size. Let... Read More me just say the staff is amazing! I can’t say enough positive things about them! Communication was easy and I got a reply within 24 hours with any questions I had. They were so flexible with our wedding day plan. We got married in February and were blessed with beautiful weather and allowed us to change our ceremony site outdoors two days before the big day! That meant the world to us. If you have the opportunity to visit their open house I highly recommend it! The Orchard will always hold a special place in our hearts. You will be in great hands and can’t go wrong with choosing The Orchard for you wedding day or any other event!

2016-04-12T15:24:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled that your day was all you dreamed it would be, and were honored to be a part of it. We wish you a life of happiness!

Reviewed on 2/17/2016 Laura G

I can't possibly describe how amazing The Orchard was for our February wedding! Not only is the venue absolutely gorgeous, the staff is helpful, professional, and knowledgeable. They respond quickly to email questions and anticipate any potential concerns/issues. Furthermore,... Read More they acknowledge and tend to every tiny detail of both the wedding ceremony and the reception. I have to say a special 'Thank You' to Heidi (our wedding coordinator), Deandra, and Mike; they made my day simply perfect. Heidi was INSTRUMENTAL in making my special day stress-free; she coordinated with my vendors on delivery times, assisted in ceremony/reception set-up....and SO MUCH MORE! :) Let's talk about the venue: they have three equally-amazing options for the wedding ceremony, an amazing groomsmen cabin that my husband adored, and a HUGE bridal suite for the ladies to get ready in. The entire grounds are breath-taking, which includes convenient on-site cabins for overnight guests and plenty of parking for the wedding/reception. If you are considering The Orchard for your wedding, I would highly recommend attending one of their Open Houses. They have several of their preferred vendors attend (many of whom I also used), and you have the opportunity to tour the grounds. Honestly, I can't say enough good things about The Orchard. Our wedding day was simply perfect - Thank You!

2016-02-23T15:41:32 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for the amazing review. We are so happy that you felt everything was amazing for your wedding day. We wish you both the very best in your new future together!

The smile on my daughter's face

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

The moment your daughter takes you to the side and says "Mom THIS is everything I have every dreamed of!! Thank you!!" The Orchard is really a MUST SEE!!!! The Ballroom, gazebo,groom's cabin, fountain it is ALL truly breathtaking!!!! The staff went above and beyond our... Read More expectations. I would highly recommend hiring Heidi as your coordinator. I also hired two other helpers from the Orchard and they were amazing! I never had to worry about anything. All the food was set out perfect! The entire wedding went smooth as silk. The only thing I would recommend is that every person in the wedding party needs to be given a plastic container to have all their belonging placed in . I am talking about clothes , wallets, phones, makeup, shoes and KEYS!!!! I was rather surprised that grown adults could lose so many items. We had to do too many search and rescue moments. I guess they were just excited but it did take it toll on me since all these kids think of me as their mother even though most of them are 26 years old!!! When my son gets married I will hand everyone a plastic container and tell them to do this. If they lose something ( besides a child) they better not let me find out about it. Believe it or not there are still items missing. Don't allow girls to bring brushes and makeup items that if they go missing their world will end!!! Believe it or not when you have a room full of hair & makeup artist there will be several brushes that were given to them as a gift and even if you want to hand them the $150.00 or more to replace each item, you can't because that brush was given to them be someone who is now deceased!!!! This happened more than ONCE!!! Tell all these girls to LEAVE THOSE ITEMS AT HOME!!!! Can you really not fix hair without the brush that Aunt Petunia gave you 10 years ago when you graduated from beauty school? Did those cuff links really come over on the MAYFLOWER??!!!! Other then the wedding party losing items and oh yeah the flower girl throwing her shoe in the fountain I could of not asked for a more perfect day. I will never never forget how beautiful my daughters wedding was!! My beautiful girl walking down the aisle at sunset with all these glowing candles. Standing at the gazebo under the chandelier! The most beautiful fountain! The ballroom all ready for us to feast and dance the night away! Everything was just perfect!! It was truly a fairy tale wedding!!! Thank you Heidi and all the helpers and The Orchard! I will never forget that look on my daughters face. You made all her dreams come true!!! Mine too

2015-12-26T20:10:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled that your daughter's was all you both dreamed it would be, and were honored to be a part of it. We will be sure to pass on the note to Heidi and the others. Thank you!

Jeremiah Johnson(Groom)

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Rosie J

The Orchard should receive 10 stars. They were fantastic and made our day so much easier. My wife was less stressful with the wedding coordinator helping out so much. The Orchard's staff were all amazing and we very prompt and ready to go. We couldn't have asked for anything... Read More better. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married. It is beautiful and perfect for a wedding. They take time and put in a lot of effort to make sure everything runs smooth. Thank you for everything and thank you Teri for doing an amazing job.

2015-12-26T20:08:30 Response from the vendor

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015

When booking your venue and your vendors, my advice is to hire the very best you can afford, because your sanity is well worth the cost! The Orchard staff took care of everything behind the scenes and helped make the wedding day as stress-free as possible. The venue is... Read More beautiful, and their staff is the best! I highly recommend The Orchard.

2015-12-26T20:08:45 Response from the vendor

A Wonderful Wedding Experience!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Lauren C

I have nothing but glowing, positive things to say about The Orchard. The Orchard is a true gem, and from my first meeting with them to my last I was blown away by the way they conduct business, professionally and with integrity. The person I had the most contact with during... Read More my wedding preparation was Heidi Nettles, my wedding coordinator at The Orchard. Ladies, you need this woman on your team for your wedding! On the business side of things, she was organized, prompt, had amazing attention to detail, and communicated with me every step of the way. On the more personal side, she is genuine, kind, and she kept me calm on my wedding day, taking care of everything which allowed me to truly enjoy our wedding. The Orchard was perfect, and if I had to do it all over again, I would choose The Orchard every time!

2015-06-26T13:30:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your amazing review! Your wedding was absolutely stunning! We wish you and Brent all the best in your future together.