The Oscar Event Center

Fairfield, OH

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Oscar Event Center at Jungle Jim's

The stage is set for your event, whether you're having a wedding ceremony and reception, celebrating an anniversary or having a corporate meeting or get-together, The Oscar Event Center is a perfect fit for any occasion.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom

5440 Dixie Highway, Fairfield, OH

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Dana B

Dianna and super important team! A simple email does not express our sincerest thank you for executing a most fantastic wedding evening! It was beyond all expectation - I couldn't have imagined anything more lovely. From the lighting to the service, to the food, to the whole... Read More ambiance - it was perfection. I wished I could have spent more time during the night taking in all the details of the evening - I feel like it went by in blur! I can't imagine the work that was put in to make our wedding picture perfect - whatever you all did, you did it fantastically! And we so dearly appreciate it. Round of applause to all of you! A heartfelt thank you for the bottom of our hearts!!! Dana and Todd

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Victoria S

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at Oscar Event Center and we couldn't have asked for anything better. The center itself has a unique character that we knew from the moment we walked in that this was the space for us. The staff were absolutely incredible. They... Read More helped with everything down to the fine details that made our day so special. My bridal party and I got ready the day of in the bridal suite and we we felt like royalty! The wait staff and bartenders catered to our guests and bridal party so attentively. We heard nothing but good things from our guests, too! I can't forget about the food, oh my goodness the food! It was absolutely delicious. As a spoiled Italian who loves her home cooked handmade food, trust me (I'm drooling just thinking about it again!). Everything is wonderful at Oscar, even down to the logistics of it all. You can bring in your own vendors and the staff will recommend vendors they've worked with in the past if you're looking for help finding them. They are responsive and quick to assist you with anything you need. Oscar Event Center, Dianna, Steve and Ryan by far exceeded all of our expectations.

2016-08-08T15:18:45 Response from the vendor

Victoria & Randy Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I enjoyed working with you and your parents. I wish the two of you a life time of love and happiness. With your parents as examples, you won't have any problem. Dianna

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Machen R

The Oscar Event Center catered our wedding off site at the Centennial Barn and it was phenomenal! Planning off site required a lot of work and the entire Oscar Team made it all easy and fun. Dianna, Ryan, and the rest of the staff worked tirelessly to make everything look... Read More perfect and run smoothly. The staff arrived early to make sure the tables and the buffet were ready to go. The food was excellent. The DJ said it was some of the best wedding food he's had in a while! Throughout the reception, the staff was extremely professional and stayed on top of things. Dianna, Ryan, Patty, and the rest of the staff were flexible and accommodating with anything that came up. At the end of the evening, they were efficient and helpful in cleaning up the venue. Start to finish, my husband and I are so thankful we went with the Oscar Event Center to cater the wedding!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Leslie K

I had my wedding reception this past Saturday (7/30/16) at the Oscar event center and I have absolutely nothing bad to say! From the beginning they made planning easy, they were helpful and made sure everything was done in plenty of time! The food was absolutely amazing and my... Read More guest agreed, everything tasted great! The STAFF was absolutely WONDERFUL!! Helping my now husband and I and getting all my guest drinks and anything they needed! It was beautiful and I would recommend this venue to any bride and groom in the Cincinnati area! Thank you Oscar event center for making our wedding a night to remember! I have no complaints!

2016-08-02T07:26:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you Leslie. I wish you and Connor the best of luck. May the two of you be has happy as you were on your wedding day. Dianna

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Tracy I

Amazing in every way!!!! We literally showed up with laptops for a slide show we wanted and they did EVERYTHING else. The people were awesome to work with. Everything ran incredibly smoothly. The food was unbelievably good. The cake was through Jungle Jims and was very... Read More reasonably priced. It couldn't have gone any better. The price was very reasonable. I can not recommend this place enough. It was PERFECT!!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jane M

HI Dianne, I wanted to take a quick moment and give you some feedback about our fabulous reception on Saturday. Steve was our main man, he was positive, polite, attentive, and made sure all of my wants needs and ideas about the evening were answered. He never let me worry... Read More about anything and waited until I was alone before asking/addressing upcoming issues. He helped keep me on track time wise and helped game plan to make sure everything we needed was taken care of, and we did everything we had wanted and planned to do. Everyone on the staff was so polite and everyone raved over the service! People said they hadn’t even put their drink down and the waiters were there to refill it. No one went empty handed, the staff memorized guests drink orders and felt as if they had their own personal waiter. They loved how beautiful and unique the venue was, the lighting, the space, the balcony, everything beautiful. Many said this was the best reception they’ve been to, best compliment we could receive. The FOOD! OMG the food! I wish I would have been able to eat more of it. I didn’t even see the hors o’euvres, but I’m sure they were fabulous, I didn’t get to try the Salmon, I should have juts asked for another plate, but who had the time. The salad dressing, the flavor of the salmon, the crab meat melted in your mouth. Even the size and taste of the chicken fingers, many parents told me at the end of the evening that they would have been happy with the kids meal. The portions were unbelievable, so large and filling. Thanks again for a magical evening! I wouldn’t have changed anything, but slowing down the time spent there, enjoying every moment.

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Kelly F

I am so glad that I found the Oscar Event Center for my wedding ceremony and reception in April! They went above and beyond for both my rehearsal night and my wedding day! The staff is very polite, generous, professional, and the list goes on! They made it so special for my... Read More husband and I and even the rest of my bridal party. Everyone fell in love with their staff. They did an excellent job! They were on top of everything, as the staff always checked in with us and the wedding party to see if we needed anything! The food was delicious, the price is affordable, the location is great with lots of parking for all the guest! I highly recommend the Oscar Event Center! It is a beautiful place to have your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Christi O

We loved every single thing about this venue. The price, food, decor, and location could not have been better. My one major issue with this venue was the event coordinator Diane. She was very rude and did not handle things as we would have liked. Thank god for the GM April who... Read More swept in and made sure to make things perfect. I would recommend this place! I do recommend dealing with April as much as possible.

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 kristin j

We can not say enough great things about the Oscar event center! Everything from the staff the food and the ambiance!!! Our wedding was picture perfect, and the Oscar event center made sure every detail was covered! I would recommend this venue to anyone planning their... Read More wedding!!! Mr. And Mrs. Robinson 1-30-16

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

WOW - Diane, Ryan and the entire staff at Oscar Event Center went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that every single detail was perfect for my Daughter's wedding! The night was awesome and the Oscar's experience was superior! In my 50+ years of attending weddings,... Read More the Oscar staff made this night an absolute dream come true! I am very happy to give my highest recommendation for the Oscar Event Center for your wedding needs. They are the most polite, patient, professional event staff that I have ever met! Great Job by the entire crew!

Great reception venue.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Alison H

They were very helpful with everything. I highly recommend The Oscar Event Center.

Best. Night. Ever!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Courtney W

We were so fortunate to have this venue recommended by our jeweler. We went to look, although we thought it would be way out of our price range. We were so wrong. They worked with our budget and it was truly the best night of our lives. Throughout the entire planning process, if... Read More I had a question, I always heard back from Dianne quickly. She was incredibly helpful! The food was incredible, as was the service. We had people helping us from the minute we walked into the door, keeping drinks in our hands and making sure we were enjoying our night. Everyone was pleasant and willing to do whatever it took to make sure we were having a wonderful evening! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and very well maintained. We have gotten so many compliments on the space itself, the service and the food, and our wedding was only two days ago! Thank you to the entire Oscar Event Center staff for making our wedding a night to remember!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Jen Y

The food was amazing, the venue and ambiance were amazing! I can't tell you how many times we were told how great both were. We had great banquet managers in Ryan and Patty. They were SO accommodating and fixed problems that we didn't even know about and so positive... Read More throughout the night. We had a guest with many dietary restrictions that we did not know about. They went out of their way to make her a new meal that fit her needs right away. We couldn't have been happier! Thanks for making our day go so smoothly!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Emily M

I got married at the Oscar on July 12th over the summer and it was simply amazing. We did the ceremony and reception there and it was incredible how well the staff did with everything. Every time we needed something or didn't even realize we needed anything the staff was right... Read More there. Ryan did an amazing job and I recommend this venue to everyone. All of my guests simply raved about how beautiful it was and how truly amazing the staff was. Perfect wedding at a perfect venue!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Whitney D

I have to say thank you to everyone at The Oscar Event Center. The venue was beyond great as well as the staff. Dianna (Event manager) helped me from beginning to end, even through the times I changed my mind (which happened a few times). My wedding day was perfect and I would... Read More not have picked any better place to have it at. I recommend The Oscar Event Center if you are looking for a great venue with great staff and beautiful architecture. For dinner we had the Three Mushroom Stuffed Chicken and Salmon. Both dishes were excellent and the mash potatoes were awesome. I also want to thank the staff members for making my day the best day ever. Ryan and Santa thank you so much you made me feel like a princess that was marrying her prince. For those looking for a great venue, please check this out, you will not be disappointed. Whitney & Timothy 8-15-15

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Carley B

I knew the Oscar Event Center was going to be the perfect place to have my wedding reception. The moment you walk in, you are greeted with a beautiful staircase that displays the elegance of the rest of the venue. Dianna was awesome for the preparation of the wedding as she... Read More always pointed out things that most brides wouldn't have contemplated. She also had an awesome staff working behind her the day of! Everyone greeted us very nicely and provided us the most excellence of service! The girls bathroom is very large and made up for a perfect space for the bridesmaids and I to get ready in! Thank you so much for providing us with the perfect touch for our special day!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Megan C

We had our ceremony and reception at the Oscar Event Center. Our wedding day was such a beautiful and perfect day and we cannot Dianna and the Oscar Event Center Staff enough for making it such! We were very impressed with Dianna's quick responses to all of our questions... Read More since last August, as well as her coordination efforts and help during the rehearsal and the wedding day. The staff was beyond helpful anytime we needed something and they went out of their way to make sure our wedding party was taken care of and our guests were pleased. We received so many compliments on the day of and since the wedding from our guests about how beautiful the Oscar Event Center is and how amazing the food was! We honestly cannot thank them enough for making our big day so meaningful and easygoing! We would highly recommend Dianna and her staff and the Oscar Event Center to anyone looking to host a wedding or other event.

Wedding

Reviewed on 6/16/2015

I couldnt have been more happy with picking the oscar event center for my wedding cermony and my reception. They were amazing the whole year and a half that inwas doing my planning . Dianna was there when i had any questions and had an answer for everything i asked. When i saw... Read More how everything was set up for the wedding when it came for my big day i was ready to cry. Every thing was perfect. The listened to all my requests and everything that i didnt like and what i wanted done. They took care of me and my bridal party the entire night. The food was amazing and the bar tending was awesome. The staff was so friendly. Everyone helped everyone out. If i could marry my husband again i would do it here all over again. Again i am so happy with our choicd and i would recommend them to everyone. They are very affordable and just overall wonderful.

Vintage & Elegant Wedding

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Heather Jo D

The second we walked into the Oscar Event Center we knew it was the venue for us. The ambiance, atmosphere, from the first step through the ceremony and reception spaces was incredible. We had a wine theme for our wedding and there was remarkably little that needed to be added... Read More to the space to enhance it - it was so beautiful and elegant on its own. The staff was incredibly helpful - they made sure everything went perfectly on our wedding day, making my wife & me their top priority. I could have done with a little more communication in the months leading up to our wedding - in wedding planning it's incredibly hard to keep track of all of the details, and it was entirely on us to remember when payments were due, menus had to be finalized, etc. However, in the month or so up until the wedding, every question was answered immediately, and they were always willing to help. I would absolutely recommend the Oscar Event Center to anyone looking for an elegant, warm, and still fun wedding venue. The space is beautiful, the food is great, and the staff really takes care of you. When we first toured they told us it was the best kept secret in Cincinnati - and I would have to agree!

Oscar Event Center :)

Reviewed on 1/05/2015

Oscar Event Center was without a doubt one of my best choices that I made in planning my wedding. Dianne Hood and her wonderful team helped to make our day even more amazing. During the process of planning, she helped me think of things that I was not thinking of & helped answer... Read More all of my questions of how to plan, (when planning the biggest event of your life, haven't planned it before & will not ever plan again-- it is stressful & you need a venue like Oscar Event Center/a person like Dianne!) During the reception, our wedding party had a personal server. She was fantastic! After the wedding, my guests were still raving about the service! They were so attentive! Now let's talk about that food-- DELICIOUS! I have rarely been to a wedding where the food was anything to talk about after. This was not the case with Oscars. It was another response we got from all of our guests. The bar was fabulous too! I love the decor of Oscars. It is different than any other venue I went to see and beautiful! I don't think I can say enough positive things about Oscars :) Check them out and you will agree!

Superb Experience

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

Simply amazing! The people at the Oscar Event Center provided superb guidance in planning our daughter’s wedding reception as well as delivering outstanding food, service and venue. Our guests greatly enjoyed the space and we received hundreds of complements on the international... Read More food offerings, friendliness of the staff and the excellent bar service. The space provides one with the opportunity to host a cocktail hour in the space outside of the main ballroom, thus encouraging your guests to mingle and relax. The food was wonderful! The space looks amazing when set for a reception. The staff was so helpful and accommodating. A fantastic venue.

Wish I would've gone somewhere else

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Brandie T

Pros:The venue is beautiful. They had good food, for wedding food. The staff helps keep things on schedule. I liked that I could order my cake from them. They were very good with keeping under our budget and had creative suggestions to do so. Cons: After the ceremony, the... Read More bridal party and I were in a separate room while the guests had cocktail hour. The main woman wouldn't let my grandparents in our room, they told them that it was the bridal party only, even after I said it was fine for them to come into the room! I worked with the same woman from the beginning who always came off a little stand-offish. When my wedding day finally came, I got to meet other people who helped with keeping things on schedule. There was only one person who was actually nice to me, which I told her that day, that she was the first person who worked there who was actually nice. I found out later on that when moving tables around, the staff broke one of my florists vases. They tried to tell me that they are not responsible for the cost of the vase (it was a tall pilsner vase, so it was expensive!). I received an email the next morning from my DJ saying that he was yelled at for going three minutes past our end time (he was just letting the last song play through). I'll quote from his email "I was reprimanded by the woman in charge. She raised her voice and spoke very harshly and to me in front of guests and my employee. Some of whom thought her reaction to a measly 3 minutes past the end time was very inappropriate and rude." Out of my entire wedding planning, vendors and all, I wish I would've picked a different venue. Simply because the people who work here are very rude.

not another cookie cutter wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Lauren H

I just cannot even tell you how impressed we were with the reception --- the food, the wine, the space, the service, the staff. Everything was just top notch! My parents live nearby, and Jungle Jims has been a special place to our family for years. My dad shops here every... Read More Saturday, we've been to numerous Wine Festivals, and this is our #1 destination when my now husband and I visit from Chicago. Since many of our guests were from out of town, I imagine they were a bit curious when they pulled up to the international supermarket. BUT, don't let yourself be swayed by the Route 4 Location or outdoor giraffes --- this is an unbeatable venue for a wedding reception. We had hoped for a classy yet comfortable and fun party, and that is exactly what we had. Space - it is large, comfortable, and extremely well-kept. The large ballroom for dinner/dancing and separate space for cocktail hour (comfortable chairs & couches!), outdoor terrace and pub area gave our guests so much space to enjoy themselves, take a seat, get a drink or catch some fresh air. We had a "head table" of 24 --- wedding party plus their guests, and with 8 guests to each round table, no one was squished and you could actually walk between the tables! There was plenty of room for dancing and a band - and the acoustics are much better here than in some older venues. Food/drink - for dinner, we selected the International Food Stations with Italian, Asian, African & an "American" carving station. Every single thing was delicious. Even with 250+ people, our guests moved through the "line" (but there was never a line!) surprisingly fast and enjoyed the opportunity to try many different styles of cuisine. Dinner conversation was extra exciting as folks compared dishes. OEC offers a variety of different drink options - you can have an open bar without paying "per hour" which saves a lot of money (even for drinking crowds, which we were) since the bar just keeps a tab based on what actually gets consumed. We worked with Dianna in the Event Center and Ed in the store to select wines in the same price range as the house wines but that were a bit more unique. Service - Leading up to the wedding, we worked with Dianna, who quickly responded to phone calls & emails and happily met with us numerous times. The bar & serving staff were extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. At the end of the evening, a member of the serving staff stopped me to compliment me on the event! A number of guests have said that ours is the best wedding they have ever been to, and the Oscar Event Center played a big role in that!

Loved it!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Caitlin P

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Oscar and loved it there! Everything was beautiful. We weren't allowed to put anything up ourselves but they had great uplighting and our centerpieces were included (from Adrian Durban!) We paid for our alcohol by consumption and I... Read More think we ended up saving a lot of money that way. They had great service, including a woman who was helping just the bridal party with appetizers, food and drinks. I was very nervous in advance as I felt that I had no clue what my wedding would be like, but everything turned out amazing and I don't think it would have been the same anywhere else!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Ashley H

The Oscar was amazing, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the food was amazing and the veune is beautiful. I would not have change one thing about my wedding, the Oscar help me make my dream wedding come true!!!