The Oscar Event Center

Fairfield, OH

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Oscar Event Center

A BALLROOM IN FAIRFIELD, OH

Located in Fairfield, Ohio, The Oscar Event Center, upstairs from Jungle Jim's International Market, is an elegant and classic banquet hall for wedding ceremonies and receptions, accommodating 150 to 450 guests. The spacious building and lounge areas offer basic decor, giving couples the option of enjoying the venue with its simple elegance, or to sculpt it according to their vision. With drapery and event lighting, the space can be readily transformed into a dark, romantic space. There are several venue options available, including:

is a luxurious banquet hall with tall ceilings, capable of holding up to 450 guests. A modern take on chandeliers hang from the ceiling and wall scones supply romantic lighting. The carpet is a tri-toned leaf pattern and the walls are a neutral yellow; exposed beams give an industrial chic vibe. The Main Hall can be separated into the South Hall and North Hall, providing more intimate spaces for smaller receptions and ceremonies.

features neutral yellow walls along with a vintage mirror, lamps and elegant ceiling lighting. It is conducive to small ceremonies, with a capacity for up to 150 guests.

is an outdoor space with stone floors and large paintings on the walls. It is available year-round and in the colder months, the tented walls can be brought down and outdoor heating can be turned on. This space can be made available during the reception for guests to get some fresh air.

is an inviting space with a dark wood bar. This area is typically used for the groom and the groomsmen to get ready before the ceremony or for a cocktail hour. Luxurious lamps and art pieces made from wine barrels form the decor.

The Oscar Event Center wedding packages include:

• Sound system
  • Projection system
  • Riser for the ceremony
  • Set up and tear down

Catering is provided on-site and includes hors d'oeuvres, beverages and desserts. The menu offering is diverse and includes international cuisine. There are various bar packages available including a hosted full bar with premium brands.

The basic ceremony fee includes the help of an onsite coordinator. There is also staff available for the day of the event to help ensure a smooth experience.

Couples seeking a dramatic entrance at the Oscar Event Center can opt for house search lights as well as the use of the Jungletron (their version of a Jumbotron) with their wedding photos and messages.

Oscar Event Center at Jungle Jim's

The stage is set for your event, whether you're having a wedding ceremony and reception, celebrating an anniversary or having a corporate meeting or get-together, The Oscar Event Center is a perfect fit for any occasion.

Ballroom

5440 Dixie Highway, Fairfield, OH (513) 674-6055

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Mindy N

My husband and I were just married this weekend. This venue...was amazing!! We live in Indianapolis, but because Jungle Jim's has been the location for many of our dates, engagement, and many "cheesy" memories we decided to get hitched in the Oscar Center. We love that it's... Read More connected to Jungle Jim's. However, our guests had no idea of it's affiliation until we told them. This venue is gorgeous, unique and extremely unique with cool details around every corner. The accommodations to get ready were fantastic! We loved how elaborate the restrooms were. It seems silly to note, but it was another cool added detail! Katie, the event coordinator, kept everyone in line, on task, and ensured a great time that made MY day much more enjoyable! She and her staff handled all our quirkiness and improv moments with stride. I could rave forever on how easy she made this for us! The food...AMAZING! We had spinach artichoke stuffed chicken, braised beef, green beans, and potatoes. Everyone is still talking about the cuisine! Looks like Jungle Jim's and the Oscar Event Center have 90 or more new customers! Thanks for everything, Katie and Staff!! You're the best!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 saniya s

Dianne and staff went above and beyond to make our big day perfect! Dianne gave us suggestions that we didn't think about which helped us out a lot! She was very welcoming to the bridal party! We had last minute changes with seating and entrance order that she cooperated with... Read More very well. The food was phenomenal! The ambiance of the center was absolutely perfect. We couldn't have found a better place to host our wedding and reception!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Shelby L

I couldn't have picked a better location for my dream wedding. Oscar made our wedding absolutely flawless. From the beautiful venue to the incredible food. Everything was perfect. Everyone of my guests raved about the food as well as the exceptional service! Our bridal party all... Read More loved being pampered with drink service while at the head table. I can't say enough how wonderful they made our wedding! Highly recommend them for any event you may be having!

2017-04-26T08:13:05 Response from the vendor

Shelby, thank you for the compliments. I enjoyed working with you and your mother.Best of luck to you. Dianna

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Haley R

My husband and I had our reception here on September 16th. Katie was an absolute dream to work with for the past year! She never hesitated to help us or answer any kind of questions we had about anything at all. The staff on Saturday was absolutely amazing. They were refilling... Read More our guests drinks without them even having to ask! They were all SO friendly, so helpful and awesome overall. You could tell they actually enjoyed their jobs and really wanted us all to have a good time. We received so many compliments about the food, the staff and the venue in general. Everything went very smoothly and it was like a little girls dream come true. I couldn't recommend this venue more!!!!! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Victoria W

The best day of my life! Katie was awesome to work with! The food was amazing and the service was great!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Karen S

You just have to check out this venue! The food was outstanding, and the venue is very spacious with a great ambience -no need to spend a lot of money on decorations. The staff was courteous and attentive. Dianna was great to work with and answered all questions promptly.... Read More Everything went as planned - there were no hidden costs or surprises.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Erin B

Beautiful wedding! Great staff

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Tracy C

There are not enough stars to say how great it was working with Katie and the entire staff at the Oscar Event Center. I fell in love with the venue from day one and Katie was absolutely wonderful to work with and helped me every step of the way throughout the planning process.... Read More We held our rehearsal dinner there, our ceremony and of course the reception and everything was flawless! I can't tell you how many of our guests raved about the food, the venue and the professionalism and courtesy of the staff. Many people said it was the best wedding they ever attended! Words can honestly not express how thankful I am for the help in making our day absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Michelle B

The physical space is stunning. Dark wood trim, lots of character. We fell in love with the South Hall and the pub instantly. We used the complimentary center pieces and everything looked great. The food was fantastic! We hosted more of a 'Happy Hour' style dinner with... Read More various food stations. We chose the potato wedge station (with various toppings); the mini slider and mini chicken breast sandwiches (again with various toppings you chose yourself); Italian station with various pasta/sauces, meatballs, veggies and garlic bread. End of the night late night snacks were a hit though we were having such a great time we really didn't get to try them (popcorn, chipsw/salsa/queso). I would have provided a perfect 5 star review but there was an issue with not allowing our party favors to be put out (since they contained alcohol). We had discussed this previously but management changed their mind the day of the reception. There is also a 20% service fee added to the bill. This was not disclosed when the food/beverage minimum was quoted. Seems trivial but it really adds up as the bill increases. Overall, we were very happy with the evening. Staff and service were great. Dianna was easy to contact and very knowledgeable. All our guests had a wonderful experience and complimented us throughout the evening on the beauty of the location and the yummy food.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Erica S

The venue was absolutely amazing. The food was so tasty and delicious. The service was impeccable. My sister had her wedding here last weekend and to say it was anything less than GREAT would be a lie. Katie B has such a great way of staying on top of things and lists and making... Read More sure we are all where we needed to be. She has excellent customer service and is a great asset to this event center. Being from TN I just wish we had something close to our home with such great hospitality, service and the view. The rooms are breathtaking and it's certainly something you don't want to turn away from. Don't let the name and the location turn you away! You won't be disappointed! Thank you Katie and staff for all you did to make the night great!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Linda M

WOW, I would highly recommend the Oscar Event Center. The food was fabulous and the service excellent. If you are looking for a first class venue that is also affordable, you need to look here.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Christine C

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Oscar Event Center on May 6th, 2017, and I cannot praise them highly enough. It was very reasonably priced, yet still classy and elegant. The Staff was impeccable - they ensured that every detail was on point. I am still getting... Read More comments on how great the food was and how beautiful the venue was! Katie, the event coordinator, is an absolute GEM. She was efficient and organized enough that it took so much stress off of me. Anything I needed, she was on top of, with no questions or hesitation. I would recommend the Oscar Event Center to absolutely anyone. It made our big day even more perfect!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Latoyia W

I recently had my ceremony and reception here and It was absolutely incredible.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Liz S

We couldn't be more pleased with picking The Oscar Event Center for our Wedding Ceremony and Reception! Our whole experience was amazing! Dianna was so great and professional to work with! Plus the food was awesome! We had many guest tell us this was the best wedding food they... Read More have had! We highly recommend The Oscar Event Center for any event!!

2016-12-13T07:47:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you Liz & Artie. I want to wish the two of you all the happiness. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Mark W

What a wonderful place! We could not have been happier about our selection of venue. Everything was absolutely wonderful! The food was incredible. "Best wedding food we've ever had" are the remarks we are still hearing. The staff was so friendly and accommodating! Special thanks... Read More to Ryan for taking such good care of us and to Dianna for answering all my questions and helping to look out for the tiniest of details! We could not have had a better time and our friends and family, as well as ourselves, will be talking about this evening for a very long time to come.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Holly W

Could not be happier with how my reception went at The Oscar Event Center. Everything was set up exactly the way I imagined. The staff that waited on guest the night of the event did an amazing job. The venue was gorgeous, food was amazing and all of my guests enjoy... Read More themselves very much! I would recommend this venue for all weddings of any size! Thank you Oscar Event Center :)

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Dana B

Dianna and super important team! A simple email does not express our sincerest thank you for executing a most fantastic wedding evening! It was beyond all expectation - I couldn't have imagined anything more lovely. From the lighting to the service, to the food, to the whole... Read More ambiance - it was perfection. I wished I could have spent more time during the night taking in all the details of the evening - I feel like it went by in blur! I can't imagine the work that was put in to make our wedding picture perfect - whatever you all did, you did it fantastically! And we so dearly appreciate it. Round of applause to all of you! A heartfelt thank you for the bottom of our hearts!!! Dana and Todd

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Victoria S

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at Oscar Event Center and we couldn't have asked for anything better. The center itself has a unique character that we knew from the moment we walked in that this was the space for us. The staff were absolutely incredible. They... Read More helped with everything down to the fine details that made our day so special. My bridal party and I got ready the day of in the bridal suite and we we felt like royalty! The wait staff and bartenders catered to our guests and bridal party so attentively. We heard nothing but good things from our guests, too! I can't forget about the food, oh my goodness the food! It was absolutely delicious. As a spoiled Italian who loves her home cooked handmade food, trust me (I'm drooling just thinking about it again!). Everything is wonderful at Oscar, even down to the logistics of it all. You can bring in your own vendors and the staff will recommend vendors they've worked with in the past if you're looking for help finding them. They are responsive and quick to assist you with anything you need. Oscar Event Center, Dianna, Steve and Ryan by far exceeded all of our expectations.

2016-08-08T15:18:45 Response from the vendor

Victoria & Randy Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I enjoyed working with you and your parents. I wish the two of you a life time of love and happiness. With your parents as examples, you won't have any problem. Dianna

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Leslie K

I had my wedding reception this past Saturday (7/30/16) at the Oscar event center and I have absolutely nothing bad to say! From the beginning they made planning easy, they were helpful and made sure everything was done in plenty of time! The food was absolutely amazing and my... Read More guest agreed, everything tasted great! The STAFF was absolutely WONDERFUL!! Helping my now husband and I and getting all my guest drinks and anything they needed! It was beautiful and I would recommend this venue to any bride and groom in the Cincinnati area! Thank you Oscar event center for making our wedding a night to remember! I have no complaints!

2016-08-02T07:26:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you Leslie. I wish you and Connor the best of luck. May the two of you be has happy as you were on your wedding day. Dianna

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Tracy I

Amazing in every way!!!! We literally showed up with laptops for a slide show we wanted and they did EVERYTHING else. The people were awesome to work with. Everything ran incredibly smoothly. The food was unbelievably good. The cake was through Jungle Jims and was very... Read More reasonably priced. It couldn't have gone any better. The price was very reasonable. I can not recommend this place enough. It was PERFECT!!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Machen R

The Oscar Event Center catered our wedding off site at the Centennial Barn and it was phenomenal! Planning off site required a lot of work and the entire Oscar Team made it all easy and fun. Dianna, Ryan, and the rest of the staff worked tirelessly to make everything look... Read More perfect and run smoothly. The staff arrived early to make sure the tables and the buffet were ready to go. The food was excellent. The DJ said it was some of the best wedding food he's had in a while! Throughout the reception, the staff was extremely professional and stayed on top of things. Dianna, Ryan, Patty, and the rest of the staff were flexible and accommodating with anything that came up. At the end of the evening, they were efficient and helpful in cleaning up the venue. Start to finish, my husband and I are so thankful we went with the Oscar Event Center to cater the wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jane M

HI Dianne, I wanted to take a quick moment and give you some feedback about our fabulous reception on Saturday. Steve was our main man, he was positive, polite, attentive, and made sure all of my wants needs and ideas about the evening were answered. He never let me worry... Read More about anything and waited until I was alone before asking/addressing upcoming issues. He helped keep me on track time wise and helped game plan to make sure everything we needed was taken care of, and we did everything we had wanted and planned to do. Everyone on the staff was so polite and everyone raved over the service! People said they hadn’t even put their drink down and the waiters were there to refill it. No one went empty handed, the staff memorized guests drink orders and felt as if they had their own personal waiter. They loved how beautiful and unique the venue was, the lighting, the space, the balcony, everything beautiful. Many said this was the best reception they’ve been to, best compliment we could receive. The FOOD! OMG the food! I wish I would have been able to eat more of it. I didn’t even see the hors o’euvres, but I’m sure they were fabulous, I didn’t get to try the Salmon, I should have juts asked for another plate, but who had the time. The salad dressing, the flavor of the salmon, the crab meat melted in your mouth. Even the size and taste of the chicken fingers, many parents told me at the end of the evening that they would have been happy with the kids meal. The portions were unbelievable, so large and filling. Thanks again for a magical evening! I wouldn’t have changed anything, but slowing down the time spent there, enjoying every moment.

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Kelly F

I am so glad that I found the Oscar Event Center for my wedding ceremony and reception in April! They went above and beyond for both my rehearsal night and my wedding day! The staff is very polite, generous, professional, and the list goes on! They made it so special for my... Read More husband and I and even the rest of my bridal party. Everyone fell in love with their staff. They did an excellent job! They were on top of everything, as the staff always checked in with us and the wedding party to see if we needed anything! The food was delicious, the price is affordable, the location is great with lots of parking for all the guest! I highly recommend the Oscar Event Center! It is a beautiful place to have your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Christi O

We loved every single thing about this venue. The price, food, decor, and location could not have been better. My one major issue with this venue was the event coordinator Diane. She was very rude and did not handle things as we would have liked. Thank god for the GM April who... Read More swept in and made sure to make things perfect. I would recommend this place! I do recommend dealing with April as much as possible.

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 kristin j

We can not say enough great things about the Oscar event center! Everything from the staff the food and the ambiance!!! Our wedding was picture perfect, and the Oscar event center made sure every detail was covered! I would recommend this venue to anyone planning their... Read More wedding!!! Mr. And Mrs. Robinson 1-30-16