The Oscar Event Center

Fairfield, OH

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Oscar Event Center at Jungle Jim's

The stage is set for your event, whether you're having a wedding ceremony and reception, celebrating an anniversary or having a corporate meeting or get-together, The Oscar Event Center is a perfect fit for any occasion.

Guest Capacity

5440 Dixie Highway, Fairfield, OH

not another cookie cutter wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Lauren H

I just cannot even tell you how impressed we were with the reception --- the food, the wine, the space, the service, the staff. Everything was just top notch! My parents live nearby, and Jungle Jims has been a special place to our family for years. My dad shops here every... Read More Saturday, we've been to numerous Wine Festivals, and this is our #1 destination when my now husband and I visit from Chicago. Since many of our guests were from out of town, I imagine they were a bit curious when they pulled up to the international supermarket. BUT, don't let yourself be swayed by the Route 4 Location or outdoor giraffes --- this is an unbeatable venue for a wedding reception. We had hoped for a classy yet comfortable and fun party, and that is exactly what we had. Space - it is large, comfortable, and extremely well-kept. The large ballroom for dinner/dancing and separate space for cocktail hour (comfortable chairs & couches!), outdoor terrace and pub area gave our guests so much space to enjoy themselves, take a seat, get a drink or catch some fresh air. We had a "head table" of 24 --- wedding party plus their guests, and with 8 guests to each round table, no one was squished and you could actually walk between the tables! There was plenty of room for dancing and a band - and the acoustics are much better here than in some older venues. Food/drink - for dinner, we selected the International Food Stations with Italian, Asian, African & an "American" carving station. Every single thing was delicious. Even with 250+ people, our guests moved through the "line" (but there was never a line!) surprisingly fast and enjoyed the opportunity to try many different styles of cuisine. Dinner conversation was extra exciting as folks compared dishes. OEC offers a variety of different drink options - you can have an open bar without paying "per hour" which saves a lot of money (even for drinking crowds, which we were) since the bar just keeps a tab based on what actually gets consumed. We worked with Dianna in the Event Center and Ed in the store to select wines in the same price range as the house wines but that were a bit more unique. Service - Leading up to the wedding, we worked with Dianna, who quickly responded to phone calls & emails and happily met with us numerous times. The bar & serving staff were extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. At the end of the evening, a member of the serving staff stopped me to compliment me on the event! A number of guests have said that ours is the best wedding they have ever been to, and the Oscar Event Center played a big role in that!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Whitney D

I have to say thank you to everyone at The Oscar Event Center. The venue was beyond great as well as the staff. Dianna (Event manager) helped me from beginning to end, even through the times I changed my mind (which happened a few times). My wedding day was perfect and I would... Read More not have picked any better place to have it at. I recommend The Oscar Event Center if you are looking for a great venue with great staff and beautiful architecture. For dinner we had the Three Mushroom Stuffed Chicken and Salmon. Both dishes were excellent and the mash potatoes were awesome. I also want to thank the staff members for making my day the best day ever. Ryan and Santa thank you so much you made me feel like a princess that was marrying her prince. For those looking for a great venue, please check this out, you will not be disappointed. Whitney & Timothy 8-15-15

Oscar Event Center :)

Reviewed on 1/05/2015

Oscar Event Center was without a doubt one of my best choices that I made in planning my wedding. Dianne Hood and her wonderful team helped to make our day even more amazing. During the process of planning, she helped me think of things that I was not thinking of & helped answer... Read More all of my questions of how to plan, (when planning the biggest event of your life, haven't planned it before & will not ever plan again-- it is stressful & you need a venue like Oscar Event Center/a person like Dianne!) During the reception, our wedding party had a personal server. She was fantastic! After the wedding, my guests were still raving about the service! They were so attentive! Now let's talk about that food-- DELICIOUS! I have rarely been to a wedding where the food was anything to talk about after. This was not the case with Oscars. It was another response we got from all of our guests. The bar was fabulous too! I love the decor of Oscars. It is different than any other venue I went to see and beautiful! I don't think I can say enough positive things about Oscars :) Check them out and you will agree!

Great reception venue.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Alison H

They were very helpful with everything. I highly recommend The Oscar Event Center.

Best. Night. Ever!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Courtney W

We were so fortunate to have this venue recommended by our jeweler. We went to look, although we thought it would be way out of our price range. We were so wrong. They worked with our budget and it was truly the best night of our lives. Throughout the entire planning process, if... Read More I had a question, I always heard back from Dianne quickly. She was incredibly helpful! The food was incredible, as was the service. We had people helping us from the minute we walked into the door, keeping drinks in our hands and making sure we were enjoying our night. Everyone was pleasant and willing to do whatever it took to make sure we were having a wonderful evening! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and very well maintained. We have gotten so many compliments on the space itself, the service and the food, and our wedding was only two days ago! Thank you to the entire Oscar Event Center staff for making our wedding a night to remember!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Jen Y

The food was amazing, the venue and ambiance were amazing! I can't tell you how many times we were told how great both were. We had great banquet managers in Ryan and Patty. They were SO accommodating and fixed problems that we didn't even know about and so positive... Read More throughout the night. We had a guest with many dietary restrictions that we did not know about. They went out of their way to make her a new meal that fit her needs right away. We couldn't have been happier! Thanks for making our day go so smoothly!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Emily M

I got married at the Oscar on July 12th over the summer and it was simply amazing. We did the ceremony and reception there and it was incredible how well the staff did with everything. Every time we needed something or didn't even realize we needed anything the staff was right... Read More there. Ryan did an amazing job and I recommend this venue to everyone. All of my guests simply raved about how beautiful it was and how truly amazing the staff was. Perfect wedding at a perfect venue!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Carley B

I knew the Oscar Event Center was going to be the perfect place to have my wedding reception. The moment you walk in, you are greeted with a beautiful staircase that displays the elegance of the rest of the venue. Dianna was awesome for the preparation of the wedding as she... Read More always pointed out things that most brides wouldn't have contemplated. She also had an awesome staff working behind her the day of! Everyone greeted us very nicely and provided us the most excellence of service! The girls bathroom is very large and made up for a perfect space for the bridesmaids and I to get ready in! Thank you so much for providing us with the perfect touch for our special day!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Megan C

We had our ceremony and reception at the Oscar Event Center. Our wedding day was such a beautiful and perfect day and we cannot Dianna and the Oscar Event Center Staff enough for making it such! We were very impressed with Dianna's quick responses to all of our questions... Read More since last August, as well as her coordination efforts and help during the rehearsal and the wedding day. The staff was beyond helpful anytime we needed something and they went out of their way to make sure our wedding party was taken care of and our guests were pleased. We received so many compliments on the day of and since the wedding from our guests about how beautiful the Oscar Event Center is and how amazing the food was! We honestly cannot thank them enough for making our big day so meaningful and easygoing! We would highly recommend Dianna and her staff and the Oscar Event Center to anyone looking to host a wedding or other event.

Reviewed on 6/16/2015

I couldnt have been more happy with picking the oscar event center for my wedding cermony and my reception. They were amazing the whole year and a half that inwas doing my planning . Dianna was there when i had any questions and had an answer for everything i asked. When i saw... Read More how everything was set up for the wedding when it came for my big day i was ready to cry. Every thing was perfect. The listened to all my requests and everything that i didnt like and what i wanted done. They took care of me and my bridal party the entire night. The food was amazing and the bar tending was awesome. The staff was so friendly. Everyone helped everyone out. If i could marry my husband again i would do it here all over again. Again i am so happy with our choicd and i would recommend them to everyone. They are very affordable and just overall wonderful.

Vintage & Elegant Wedding

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Heather Jo D

The second we walked into the Oscar Event Center we knew it was the venue for us. The ambiance, atmosphere, from the first step through the ceremony and reception spaces was incredible. We had a wine theme for our wedding and there was remarkably little that needed to be added... Read More to the space to enhance it - it was so beautiful and elegant on its own. The staff was incredibly helpful - they made sure everything went perfectly on our wedding day, making my wife & me their top priority. I could have done with a little more communication in the months leading up to our wedding - in wedding planning it's incredibly hard to keep track of all of the details, and it was entirely on us to remember when payments were due, menus had to be finalized, etc. However, in the month or so up until the wedding, every question was answered immediately, and they were always willing to help. I would absolutely recommend the Oscar Event Center to anyone looking for an elegant, warm, and still fun wedding venue. The space is beautiful, the food is great, and the staff really takes care of you. When we first toured they told us it was the best kept secret in Cincinnati - and I would have to agree!

Superb Experience

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

Simply amazing! The people at the Oscar Event Center provided superb guidance in planning our daughter’s wedding reception as well as delivering outstanding food, service and venue. Our guests greatly enjoyed the space and we received hundreds of complements on the international... Read More food offerings, friendliness of the staff and the excellent bar service. The space provides one with the opportunity to host a cocktail hour in the space outside of the main ballroom, thus encouraging your guests to mingle and relax. The food was wonderful! The space looks amazing when set for a reception. The staff was so helpful and accommodating. A fantastic venue.

Wish I would've gone somewhere else

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Brandie T

Pros:The venue is beautiful. They had good food, for wedding food. The staff helps keep things on schedule. I liked that I could order my cake from them. They were very good with keeping under our budget and had creative suggestions to do so. Cons: After the ceremony, the... Read More bridal party and I were in a separate room while the guests had cocktail hour. The main woman wouldn't let my grandparents in our room, they told them that it was the bridal party only, even after I said it was fine for them to come into the room! I worked with the same woman from the beginning who always came off a little stand-offish. When my wedding day finally came, I got to meet other people who helped with keeping things on schedule. There was only one person who was actually nice to me, which I told her that day, that she was the first person who worked there who was actually nice. I found out later on that when moving tables around, the staff broke one of my florists vases. They tried to tell me that they are not responsible for the cost of the vase (it was a tall pilsner vase, so it was expensive!). I received an email the next morning from my DJ saying that he was yelled at for going three minutes past our end time (he was just letting the last song play through). I'll quote from his email "I was reprimanded by the woman in charge. She raised her voice and spoke very harshly and to me in front of guests and my employee. Some of whom thought her reaction to a measly 3 minutes past the end time was very inappropriate and rude." Out of my entire wedding planning, vendors and all, I wish I would've picked a different venue. Simply because the people who work here are very rude.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Caitlin P

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Oscar and loved it there! Everything was beautiful. We weren't allowed to put anything up ourselves but they had great uplighting and our centerpieces were included (from Adrian Durban!) We paid for our alcohol by consumption and I... Read More think we ended up saving a lot of money that way. They had great service, including a woman who was helping just the bridal party with appetizers, food and drinks. I was very nervous in advance as I felt that I had no clue what my wedding would be like, but everything turned out amazing and I don't think it would have been the same anywhere else!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Ashley H

The Oscar was amazing, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the food was amazing and the veune is beautiful. I would not have change one thing about my wedding, the Oscar help me make my dream wedding come true!!!

Our Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Christina S

I found that one of the most difficult parts of wedding planning was finding the venue! I researched and visited many places, but the one that I fell in love with was The Oscar Event Center. From the nice open floor plan, the awesome & unique bar area, the ability to have both... Read More my ceremony and reception there, the fabulous fancy bathroom to get ready in before the ceremony, the helpful staff, and the all around great atmosphere. I also, really enjoyed being able to get ready at Oscars with my whole bridal party before the ceremony. Make-up and hair was all able to fit in the bathroom with plenty of room for all 10 of the people in my wedding party to get ready. I was able to see everything set up before the ceremony, from the flowers and cake arrive ect. It calmed my nerves after seeing everything come together as I was getting ready. The awesome staff served us complimentary drinks and snacks as well while we got ready. Everyone was so friendly and helpful! Everything was very well organized; the staff was great, which helped make for a perfect day! I was 100% pleased with my decision to have both my ceremony and reception at The Oscar Event Center. With the unique venue and set up, everyone had a great time and raved about how awesome of a place it was. I would highly recommend having both your ceremony and reception there!

Excellent venue

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Kristin C

Diana was exceptional to work with while planning our wedding. She was very flexible and provided excellent recommendations that made our event a memorable one. Very reasonable in price and fabulous ambiance.

An outstanding wedding!

Reviewed on 8/29/2014 Wanda C

WOW! I was so impressed with the Oscar Event Center. Everything was above excellent and well taken care of. The rooms were beautifully decorated and it really made for a memorable evening. The food was incredible - no surprise since Jungle Jim's is attached! I was able to... Read More provide my guests with a wide selection of tasty food that made everyone happy. Working with Dianna and the other staff was great. When I would get nervous or anxious about something, the staff was cheerful and so helpful. It made planning the wedding much more fun! I would recommend the Oscar Center to anyone looking for an affordable and beautiful place to get married.

Smith/Dupre' Wedding- 8/16/14

Reviewed on 8/21/2014

Oscars Event Center is a Fantastic Venue! We had the pleasure of working with the amazing Dianna Hood. She helped with many of the details and made wonderful experienced suggestions for the reception. Dianna and her team cared as much about the wedding as we did! She wanted it... Read More right.... and it was! The atmosphere, food and service were great. I received multiple compliments from my 250+ guests who will be Oscars potential customers. This is the place to have your event!! Thank you Oscars... it is a joy to be your customer! Joliea Smith

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Abbie R

PERFECTION. The staff did absolutely everything to make sure the day ran smoothly. The whole night was perfect! They all know exactly what they're doing, what you need, and make sure to take care of everything so you feel 100% worry free. No hidden charges, staff tore down, set... Read More up, and I could have even kept all the decorations and gifts there until I came back from the honeymoon. They made sure my husband and I had the best day of our lives and they succeeded. We couldn't imagine having a better place. I've recommended it to everyone I know who is getting married.

A hidden gem for those who want affordable high class service

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Corrie W

The Oscar Event Center was an amazing choice for our wedding! The venue itself was beyond beautiful and our space included a lounge for the ceremony, a banquet hall for the reception as well as a separate bar room and outdoor balcony. Every little nook and cranny in the entire... Read More venue had hidden details that created strong feelings of warmth and elegance! My husband and I planned our wedding remotely as we both live out-of-state and Dianna, the event coordinator, was great about being flexible. My parents visited the venue and set up a Skype call so that we could all talk about details together which worked fabulously! Dianna was very detail-oriented and accepted nothing less that the best when it came to organizing and setting up our dream wedding. She accommodated all everyone's wishes which included fitting in a photo booth, candy bar, ice cream sundae bar with Graeter's Ice cream (a Cincinnati, OH treat) in addition to cake. We had about 100 guests and a dance floor in the reception hall and with all of the other treat tables and the photo booth, Dianna even extended our space into the other banquet area for free since there were no other scheduled events in that space. This gave us a little bit of extra room to fit everything and also gave guests adequate space to move around the tables. I was very touched by her offer to do this without asking for additional money. For dinner, my husband and I chose to have the food stations (Spanish, Italian and Asian) to capture the international vibe that comes with having your wedding at a venue attached to the world famous, Jungle Jim's International Food Market. The food was beyond anything we could have asked for. It was artfully displayed and equally delicious. The Asian station even came with a variety of sushi rolls which I thought was especially neat. While I missed the appetizers during cocktail hour because of pictures, I did hear that they were equally amazing with options that went above what is typically seen at other places. Once guest commented with excitement that there were cherries on the fruit and veggie display! Patty, the banquet manager and her staff were excellent. They were so cheerful, always smiling and very attentive to everyone's needs. Patty helped make tiny adjustments to the schedule throughout the evening to assure that things ran smoothly and that guests were having fun which was a huge help. All of their help made it very easy for my husband and I to thoroughly enjoy our evening and the memories we have from our special day were all the more memorable because of the wonderful staff at the Oscar! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone planning a gathering for weddings or other events. The staff goes above and beyond, the food is great and the event center is gorgeous! FIVE STARS all around for the Oscar Event Center!

2014-07-16T16:16:30 Response from the vendor

Corrie and Ross, WOW, Thank you for such a glowing review. This was more than I could have imagined. It was my pleasure working with the two of you. Best of luck to you both. If there is ever anything I can do for you,... Read Less Read More

Absolutely Impressed!!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 Elisha H

I had never heard of The Oscar Event Center and then realizing it was attached to Jungle Jim's, my expectations weren't very high. However, as soon as I walked in I was stunned at how gorgeous it was! And it totally fit my Harlem Nights theme. I was planning my wedding from... Read More Atlanta with no wedding planner or anything, but Dianna, the event coordinator, was there and so helpful throughout the whole planning process. Whenever I e-mailed her with questions, I had a response within 15 mins. The majority of my wedding party was from out of town so she stayed until the very last second for our rehearsal and the day of she made it there early so that we could finish rehearsing. I had no stress. Everything was taken care of. They dealt with all the vendors. I literally showed up to get ready and had my wedding. And the service and attention to detail was immaculate! After nearly 8 months since the food tasting, I'd forgotten what everything was like so I was kind of worried, but there was no need because is was so good and everyone was really impressed with the food. Our guests were taken care of just as well as we were and we haven't heard anything but compliments even still at 4 weeks out. I wanted to cry I was so happy with everything. I cannot say enough about how great the place, the people, and the service was and they truly made our day special.

2014-06-21T10:23:28 Response from the vendor

Elisha and Phillip, It was totally my pleasure to work with you. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. It truly means a lot to me. I am glad we fulfilled your vision.

Reviewed on 4/08/2014 Courtney M

Wonderful place and food! Beautiful on the inside and great customer service from the staff and Dianne.

Reviewed on 12/05/2013 Sarah H

My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about The Oscar Event Center. It is such an amazing venue and the staff is wonderful! We were married in May and are still receiving compliments! Also, the beef brisket is amazing!!

Loved it!

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Amy B

Loved the venue- beautiful room, great staff, great food & a great coordinator- Dianne was so quick to answer any questions I had