The Palace at Somerset Park

Somerset, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Palace - NJ's Premier Wedding Venue

If you crave Metropolitan energy and require a glamorous venue for your reception, look no further than The Palace at Somerset Park. A venue that combines timeless elegance with a contemporary energy and understated old Hollywood glamour,

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

8a61e330 1677 498d b00a 94b0759eb63a~rs 100

333 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ (732) 271-6330

Simply Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Ashley M

The Palace went above and beyond our expectations throughout the entire planning process! Besides being a beautiful place to get married both inside and out - their customer service is truly exceptional. Michelle answered every little question I had, responded back to me very... Read More quickly, and always emailed me prior to her going away to tell me she will be out of the office for the time being. Josh our maitre'd was amazing! He was very accommodating, truly listened to us and all of our requests the final meeting prior to our wedding day. Everything was perfect. Not one thing was out of place. His experience, caring and desire to make it perfect was easily see through his commitment to us - his customer service was excellent. He honored every one of our requests, went above and beyond for us, and even helped me take my veil off when I couldn't find my matron of honor. We couldn't thank him enough for helping make our day the most wonderful day of our lives. I loved it so much, I would do it again in a heartbeat at the Palace! Jillian, my bridal attendant was also fabulous! She was funny and very prepared. Where ever I went, she went. She took extra precautions to make sure my groom didn't see me before our first look. Really, all of the staff at the Palace are amazing, I'm not sure I could boast anymore about them! I truly recommend this venue for your special day - you won't be disappointed!!

2015-10-10T16:09:44 Response from the vendor

A great wedding is a team effort. Thank you for choosing The Palace at Somerset Park team to join you on creating your personal dream wedding! We are blessed to have a great team of professionals all working with one goal in mind, creating an... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/25/2018 Brandon H

Beautiful venue, phenomenal food, and an ambiance that set the mood for the most wonderful day of my life. There were however some issues. While my wedding was everything I wanted and more, unfortunately the Palace dropped the ball and made the planning process less than ideal.... Read More From our initial meeting, we were swept away by the beauty and elegance of the Palace. My husband and I are both in the food and beverage industry so it was refreshing to find a team that seemed to have everything together. Unfortunately, the event coordinator for our wedding had some communication issues. In our initial meeting, we spoke about a projected monogram for the dance floor, which was never followed up on, and in our final sit down with our Maitre D, Josh, none of our file notes, requests, or communication were provided. She had given us a few sheets of “homework” to do, and none of it made its way to the person actually executing our affair. Josh was sent unprepared into a meeting where we needed to reiterate every detail again, taking what would have been  a 30 minute meeting to nearly 2 hours. With that  said, Josh was so thorough and on point that the day of was a dream. He was always around when needed, consistently checking in to make sure my husband and I were taken care of, and I am still getting comments about how amazing the guests felt he did. Josh is a star employee, and I would be thrilled to work with him in the future. Overall, no one noticed the details that were dropped but us grooms, but the fact that the days leading up to my wedding were stressful and chaotic because of our Palace Event coordinator, I would be hesitant to do another milestone with them. The saving grace was by far Josh, and he brings a level of excellence and professionalism to the Palace that they should definitely treasure.

Reviewed on 2/18/2018 Marie S

We got married at The Palace on 12/29/17. To say that they exceeded all of our expectations would be a huge understatement. From the moment we walked into The Palace we were treated like royalty. Every single person we dealt with- Christine, Alex, David, LaTonya, the servers,... Read More bar tenders, valet etc just went above and beyond for us. Our wedding reception was just a dream. David (maitre d) and LaTonya ( bridal attendant) were there with us every single step of the way. From making sure we got to try every single thing at our cocktail hour, to helping me with the bustle on my dress the entire night, David and LaTonya were just the BEST. We were soooo sad when we had to say goodbye at the end of the night- they really felt like family to us. I could go on and on forever about how awesome they were- if you are lucky enough to get either of them on the day of your wedding consider yourself the luckiest bride and groom ever! The food at The Palace is second to none. Our guest still can't stop raving about the cocktail hour, first course dish, main entrees, HUGE selection of desserts at the Viennese hour, even the wedding cake (which people usually don't even notice) got rave reviews. In short, if you are on the fence about booking the Palace for your wedding reception DO IT!! You will not regret it!! There is not one negative thing we could say about them. Every person we dealt with was so kind, professional, responsive, attentive- just the best! The food, grounds, and people are truly amazing. HUGE thank you to everyone at the Palace for giving us the wedding reception of our dreams!! David and LaTonya- we miss you and could never ever say thank you enough for everything you did for us on our wedding day!!

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Rachel Z

We got married on Jan. 27, 2018, and can't write enough good things to say about the Palace. From beginning to end they helped every step of the way. Making our vision become a reality. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and willing to work with all our requests. Richard and... Read More Latonya went above and beyond to help my husband and I out the day of. Our guests can't stop raving about how phenomenal the food was and the beauty of the facility's. There was another wedding going on the day of our event, which made us nervous. However it was like they weren't even there. We will never forget the amazing time and memories that were made that night.

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Ana S

When you think of your dream wedding, you never realize how much work actually goes into it. The one thing that impressed us the most about The Palace is their exceptional staff. The day of the wedding they make sure the Bride, Groom, and Bridal Party have ABSOLUTELY nothing to... Read More worry about other than have a good time and enjoy the day of the wedding that finishes in the blink of an eye. Our Maitre' D, Richard M., was just perfect, he was so attentive and really made sure the entire day went smoothly. And our Bridal Attendant Lantoja was beyond any of our expectations could have been. The level of professionalism and care that the staff provides is just more than words could describe. From the setting to the food to the elegance of the venue, I would def recommend this site for anyone's dream wedding!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Aphrodite H

The Palace at Somerset Park was an amazing wedding venue. The staff was attending and exceeded out expectations! Everything turned out great. They made our wedding day truly special. We highly recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Michele L

Leading up to the wedding I kept seeing reviews raving about the The Palace- I couldn’t wait for our day to come! I read and read all these amazing weddings but then when it happened to me I couldn’t believe how amazing it felt. The Palace was everything to rave about from food... Read More to assistance to decor.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Kelly W

We've put my review off for a few days now because we wanted to find the right words. When we tell you that the year and a half leading up to our wedding & our wedding was perfect, we literally mean it was perfect. From day 1, Christie sold us 10000% on choosing the Palace for... Read More my wedding. This was followed by our wedding planner Jillian answering every single question we had. To finally, the most amazing Maitre D and Bridal Attendant we could possibly have, Richard and Latonya, made our wedding day one that can go unmatched. We can honestly say not ONE thing went wrong and these people are the ones to thank for that. The staff was beyond professional and attentive, the food was phenomenal and the venue is the prettiest location for a wedding that we have every seen. Richard and Latonya-- We owe you more than we can ever give. We sincerely hope our paths cross again so that we can thank you over and over again!!! To anyone looking to get married, look no further. You will not do any better than The Palace.

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Stephanie V

The Palace is truly a fairy tale come to life! When my husband and I first began searching for a venue, this was at the top of my list. Every question was answered quickly and with clarity. The food - OUTSTANDING! Throughout the whole planning process, Jillian was there for us... Read More every step of the way. When the special day arrived, David and Stefanny took over and thank God for them! They were so helpful and kind. They made sure we ate and had a chance to absorb the moments. I am beyond happy to have chosen The Palace as my venue, and I know you will be too! Thank you so much for making every minute magical!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Danielle P

The Palace was nothing short of amazing for our wedding venue! They went above and beyond for everything! As soon as my husband and I walked in to the Palace for a tour we knew it was the perfect venue for us! Jillian was our planner and had everything organized, she was always... Read More available for any questions or concerns I might have had in the planning process. Richard was our Maître d and Maya was our bridal attendant, they were the best part! Richard is so detailed and organized, he makes sure your day goes off without a hitch! He handles anything that might happen and works with every vendor the day of so the bride doesn't have to. You don't have anything to stress or even think about when you have Richard as your Maître d! He truly is the BEST!!! Maya is so attentive and helpful with everything, she was always there every time I needed anything. Don't know what I would have done without her!!! The Palace really is breathtaking and every one of their employees go above and beyond for their guests/clients. My husband and I could not have asked for a better venue to host our wedding day! They made everything that much better! Our food was absolutely delicious, the cake was amazing and our guests raved about everything! My husband and I are hoping to be a guest of a future wedding at the Palace so we can enjoy it as much as our guests did! Our fingers are crossed :) A huge THANK YOU to The Palace for making our wedding unforgettable!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 stephanie r

I had my wedding there 11/12/17. I honestly had the most amazing time. The food was exceptional my bridal attendant Gina was amazing always by my side helping with what ever was needed. The Matrie D Josh was great he was helpful making sure everything went as planned. He even... Read More brought us something to the hotel later on because one of my guests lost something. I can't imagine having had my wedding anywhere else. If i could relive that day again and do it all over I would most definitely recommend and book the palace again. thank you everyone for making my wedding the most beautiful night from the food, to ceremony, bridal suite, reception, signature drinks, cocktail hour, to the heaters outdoors thank you a million times over!!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Abi A

All we can say is - PERFECTION! My husband and I had our wedding at the Palace on August 26th, 2017 and it was better than we could have dreamed of! From the second we booked the venue, the staff made sure that every single detail was taken care of. Jillian, our wedding planner,... Read More made sure to answer every email and call with great detail and was so organized and helpful. She made the entire wedding planning process so effortless. Josh, our maitre de, was by our side the entire wedding day and was always steps ahead of us in making sure the day went absolutely perfect. Maya and Gina, our bridal attendants, proactively took care of every little detail to the point where we never had to stress or worry about a thing. The entire staff at the Palace was fabulous and took care of everything with a smile on their face and we knew they genuinely cared about making this the best day ever for us. All of our guests have been raving about how flawless and beautiful the wedding was and we could not be more grateful.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Victoria C

My wedding was 9/1/17 at the Palace, and words cant begin to describe how thrilled I am to have chosen the Palace. From day 1 booking with Jose, to walking out the door at the end of the night, all of the staff too care of mine and my guest's needs without any questions.... Read More Cristina was our planner, and she was the best. I would email her multiple times per week with various questions, and never once did she ever make me feel as if I was a bother. On the day of the wedding, our Maitre'D Richard and bridal attendant Stephanie were lifesavers. While taking pictures, I had an allergic reaction to my flowers, and Stephanie was always standing by with a tissue and water in hand. During the night, she even helped me change out of my heels and into flats!!! She knew exactly what I needed, before I even knew myself. Richard was beyond accommodating. My guests are still talking about how wonderful he was and how he took such good care of all of their needs. The bartender, Danil, always made sure my husband and I had a drink in hand! The food, service, and venue all met and exceeded any expectations I had. Thank you to the entire Palace staff for making my wedding day a dream come true.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Angela M

My husband and I got married at the palace just a week ago and all I can think about is that day. As a couple, you spend months on months planning the day of your dreams. You get to pick anything from the color of your bridesmaids dresses to the kind of drink you want to pick as... Read More your signature drink. It's a long process but if everything goes as planned it is well worth it. Now after all the planning you start losing control of everything. You can't control Mother Nature. You also can't control the service your guest receives or how the bartender mixes your drinks. You can't control if the chef is having an off day or if you run late for cocktail hour. All of this you leave in the hands of your venue. When I say I had the most perfect relaxing day, it's because I mean it. As a bride, I didn't stress for a second. I had an army behind me. Starting from my maitre d, Josh, and ending with my bridal assistant, Gina. Josh we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We will never forget how much you went above and beyond. My husband didn't have to open his mouth, there was a mojito everywhere he laid his eyes. You made us believe that it was our day and no one else's. You handled the dj, the photographer, the florist, and all other venues. My dj even commented that you called him three times in one day to make sure he had all the info straight. Josh kept us on a schedule and allowed dancing time in between :). Really, all I can say is thank you and that you are seriously the best. Gina nailed it. I had the biggest ball gown dress and she bustled it for me in no time. She helped my photographer come up with ideas on where to take pictures. Gina knew where to locate me at all times. She helped make my entrance grand and stuck by my side the entire night. Very calm and collected, which rubbed off on to me. Now for the venue itself, the most spectacular place. With a 9k sq ft kitchen the food can be nothing other then amazing. I come from a family with all food industry backgrounds and I got an earful about how amazing the food was. The buffet never ended. The dinner was served all together and hot. I got to eat all three dinner courses which was awesome. One other thing about the palace is that everytime I went to go visit they were cleaning. From the carpets to the chandeliers, that place was spotless. I really appreciate you guys and want to thank you all so much for making my life easy and my wedding a wedding that will never be forgotten. A special thanks to Jillian for planning my wedding step by step and always catering to my every needs. A thanks to the baker for making the most elegant cake and setting my theme. We love and thank you all. Highly recommend everyone to get married at the palace

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Lauren S

The Palace at Somerset Park was my dream venue. I didn't know what i wanted for my wedding day until i saw photos of the venue and went on a tour. The Palace was phenomenal with every aspect from the beginning of booking the venue all the way through until the end of our wedding... Read More night. I started working with Michelle when we booked the Palace two years ago then was switched to Jillian. Both were extremely helpful through my hundreds of emails of questions. I never felt like i was intruding with them for asking so many questions and requests. We were short on our number of guests, absolutely not a problem! They compensated our shortfall with an additional dessert station as well as giving me my bridal suite 3 hours earlier then originally planned! Moving onto the night of the wedding, Josh was our Maitre'd and Gina was my bridal attendant. I can't say enough good things about either of them, if i needed either of them they were always right there. Gina was my wing woman the entire day from 8:30 am through 1:30 am. She was the best bridal attendant, i absolutely loved her! We bonded right away over being like a peach bruising so easily! (I had a bruise on my arm from who knows what lol) Gina got me drinks when i needed it, she bustled my dress and took off my veil without any issue. She helped me get into my dress and to use the restroom. I think the best of the night was when i was dancing in my heels and said to me do you want to put your flats on. She sat on the floor and put my flats on my feet, i felt like an absolute princess. Josh was the man, he knew the right things to say to me to make sure i was calm and the night was running smoothly. He hooked Alex and I up with all 3 of our entrees of the night as well as set up a table during cocktail hour with all of the food offerings. He was getting us shots, he was making sure nothing went wrong and if we needed anything. He got me my glass of milk to have with my wedding cake. If anything went wrong during the night i wouldn't have known a thing about it because it ran perfectly. He checked with us if a guest was making requests, he knew the game plan. If you are looking for an amazing maitre'd Josh is your man, don't look any further. Gina and Josh hung out with Alex and I for like an extra hour as we raved about how amazing everything was. I wish i could do a replay of the whole night because it went by so fast and was so perfect. Thank you so much Gina and Josh for making my dreams come true! :) Food was soooooooo good, i can't complain about any of it and i tried everything. Between the 6+ stations of food during cocktail hour, (a whole roasted pig, leg of lamb, pierogie/kielbasa station, sushi station, chinese station in take out containers, build your own mac and cheese station, etc the cocktail hour just goes on and on, reception food- sage scented gnocchi, chateubriand, cod, free range chicken, and our amazing devils food cake with bavarian cream and strawberries. It's only been 4 days since the wedding but all i have been hearing was the food was delicious, the best i have ever had, the venue was beautiful and didn't feel crowded at all. Bridal Suite was huge, i had over 40 people in there and you didn't even notice other then it being loud! Best wedding venue in all of New Jersey. If you are looking for the most perfect venue to book look no further. Thank you so much, love Alex & Lauren!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Tiffany W

I cannot speak any higher of The Palace. The grounds are beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is beyond amazing! My guests were very impressed and I am still getting phone calls about how they loved The Palace! I'm so glad that I had my wedding here.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Ricardo P

Where do we begin to explain how amazing The Palace was! As wedding vendor ourselves, we had a lot of places to chose from and to consider, but from day one, The Palace was at the top of that list. From our first Meeting to the very last minute of our wedding, they treated... Read More us like Family. From multiple emails a day to Alex (Alexandra, was our wedding Coordinator, Btw everyone is awesome at the Palace, but Alex is THE BEST) that she always answered quickly and with the utmost detail to insure that we never walked away from a question with doubts. She was there for every part of the planning. She took all of our ideas, requests, concerns and made sure our day was as magical as we had imagined it to be in our minds. The Entire staff was super helpful and attentive to our every need prior to our wedding day. We were in heaven with the service we were receiving, that we didn't think it could get any better! Boy, were we wrong!!!! Come our wedding day, after a long, long morning of Pictures, getting ready, our Ceremony 30 minute away, as soon as we pulled up to the Palace, it was a whole different world. David, our Matire D' & Stephanie, our Bridal Attendant, never left our side. From having Drinks for us as we took pictures outside, to making sure we tried our food at cocktail, to insuring our vendors all had what they needed, They were there for us the entire Evening. The amount of positive energy, smiles & laughs they both supplied was out of this world. You could honestly say, they Love what they do and in turned it joyed us beyond belief to know that the people around us were as happy as we were on this special day. From there it even got better! The Food was amazing, till this day 25 days later, we still have people committing on how awesome everything tasted! We both had family from Portugal who couldn't stop talking about how much food there was, and how delicious & amazing everything was! Thank you for Everything!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Karen G

My son and daughter in law got married at the Palace on June 4,2017. Everything was spectacular!!!!! The ambiance, the food, the service we were so happy with everything. I could not have been happier with David and Gina. They both went above and beyond their normal duties.... Read More Thank you for helping make memories that will last a lifetime. Karen & Matthew

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Jessica L

We had our wedding at the palace on 6/4/17, everyone was so professional and made sure everything went perfectly! I never would have known that there was another bride in the building! David and Gina were fantastic! Even if something didn't go as planned I was completely unaware... Read More of that which is exactly as it should be. I will be recommending the palace for every wedding

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Dorothy C

Exceptional. My wedding was 5/26/17. My Maitre'D Joshua and bridal attendant Stephanie were on top of every detail and made sure we were fed throughout the night. Food was great. The venue looks beautiful. Every guest left happy and impressed with how my wedding looked at the... Read More Palace. Thank you again.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017

We've had an amazing wedding experience at the Palace's West wing. I would not chose any other venue over the Palace for our wedding. This was the best decision. The place is elegant and beautiful. The staff is very professional, helping and guiding you through the process. On... Read More the wedding day the Maitre'D was on top of everything without being asked. The food is plenty and delicious. We got a lot of compliments from the guests who attended the wedding. The bridal attendant was always there when we needed her. We have great experience . This is the five star place!

2017-06-08T13:46:58 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you are happy with your decision to allow The Palace to hose your special day! Thank you for the opportunity and we hope to see you back again as a guest someday!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Natalie C

My wedding was on 6/10/17 at the Palace at Somerset Park. I will start by saying the Palace exceeded all my expectations going into the day of the wedding and my wedding was just perfect. I would definitely recommend the Palace for a reception but would make some suggestions... Read More on who to work with there after some mishaps with the staff I was assigned. By default the salesman we ended up with was basically like a used car sales man trying to nickel and dime every penny out of us for any little thing we requested. I have to say that was frustrating and upsetting while planning a wedding. We know it's a wedding, the cost is astronomical no matter what, but you would expect when you are spending around $100k at a venue - they would effectively work with you. The event planner I was assigned had an out of office reply on every SINGLE time I emailed her AND she never called me on the phone once. Request Michelle for your event planner if you book there, she is the best - helpful, responsive and made me feel at ease when my assigned planner decided to be on vacation for the 2 weeks up until the day before my wedding. Until we met with the Maitre D, we really felt that we were treated like a number on line waiting for their wedding day to pass at the Palace. Richard was our Maitre D; he was absolutely wonderful and he is the reason I am giving the Palace a 5 star rating. Going into the wedding day, I was a little discouraged for the reasons I mentioned above with the salesman and non existent planner. I wish I met with Richard sooner, he made me feel confident that my wedding would be perfect and he was the ONLY person who made us feel special during this whole planning process. So thank you Richard for saving the day!! I also have to give a shout out to Maya, the best wedding attendant you can have on your big day. She was absolutely the greatest - attentive and quickly met any need we had. I will mention that the food was excellent and plenty of guests have told me that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The tasting they provide you is a poor example of what you receive on your wedding day - something else that if I knew sooner, would have put my mind at ease going into the wedding day. Everyone has to run into some issues planning a wedding - it comes with the territory. In the end we were very satisfied with the result and the Palace came through big, with help from Richard & Maya who really made the day perfect. Overall, our expectations were exceeded and it will always be one of the best days of our lives. So thank you to the Palace!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Jennifer B

Best venue ever! We got married there last week and our guests say it was the best wedding they have ever been to. The food and drinks were delicious. The desserts were out of this world. And the fireworks... get the firework package! Blew our guests away! The staff was so... Read More amazing and attentive. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue. We want our friends to get married here just so we can come back!

2017-06-08T13:48:55 Response from the vendor

Sounds like your wedding was a blast! We hope to see you come back as well!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Meredith B

Seriously, I could give an infinite amount of stars to this venue and their caring and meticulous staff! I just got married here yesterday and really was not into the entire big wedding thing, but the Palace made my wedding feel different, like I was at home or just in a room... Read More filled with people I love. I originally chose this venue because of the versatility, I could have a large or small reception room and an outdoor or indoor wedding if the weather was unfavorable. I was tired of going to North Jersey venues on the side of some road without privacy, The Palace was just what I needed. The venue is set back on beautiful grounds near to many hotels for my out of town guests. Jose was so patient and accommodating with my mother, who put my wedding together. Josh was my banquet manager and he made sure no detailed was overlooked. He really looked out for my husband and I and even packed out car for us at the end of the night! My bridal attendant Gina treated me like a close friend and was always there for my many dress fiascoes. I could not thank the entire Palace staff enough for the amazing food, service, and professionalism!

2017-06-08T13:53:28 Response from the vendor

On behalf of Jose, Josh, Gina and the rest of The Palace family, thank you so much for choosing The Palace and we are thrilled we were able to make your day special!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Amity J

We first heard about the Palace from a family member who officiated a wedding there. We researched other venues thoroughly, but ultimately chose this one because it seemed like it would give the best experience for both planning the event, and for the guests. The venue itself is... Read More absolutely gorgeous and has great places to take pictures. The food and cake are both included, which was a huge relief because it was one less vendor to book. When we did our food and cake tasting, we were not only blown away by how amazing all of it tasted, but also the sheer volume of food that is included as part of booking your event there. Our maitre d', Josh, was incredible, and he easily handled two crisis the day of despite them stemming from outside vendors, not the Palace itself. Having a bridal attendant and bridal suite the day of was so incredibly helpful, and really minimized the stress and anxiety because they made sure we knew where we had to be. All our guests said ours was the best and most fun wedding that they had been to, and it was clear they all were having a good time. We can't recommend the Palace enough!

2017-06-08T13:58:59 Response from the vendor

Little problems with vendors do come up and I am happy that Josh was able to help. Thank you for putting your special day in our hands!