The Palace at Somerset Park

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Palace at Somerset Park is an elegant indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception venue located in Somerset, New Jersey. The large venue spaces feature a 150-guest minimum and the venue can accommodate up to 800 guests.

East House is an elegant 5,650-square-foot ballroom that greets guests in the foyer with high-end marble, an antique Tuscan Fountain and stunning columns. The spacious ballroom boasts 24-foot ceilings and French doors that open to the east terrace and the expansive Palace grounds. Designed with a 17th century ballroom in mind, the East House boasts blue silk drapery. Brides enjoy the Versailles bridal suite and Juliette balcony, privately situated at the top of a graceful staircase.

West House is a 2,016-square-foot ballroom decorated with a 17th century Venetian palazzo in mind and a hand-carved antique French mansard-style fireplace with painted crest sits as the focal point of the room. The fireplace's 12-foot-high mantel originates from the north of France and graciously accents the lush purple, aubergine and shades of creme throughout the room. Five chandeliers accent the 24-foot ceilings and French doors connect the ballroom to the West Terrace and The Palace grounds. A Juliette balcony and Kensington suite sit atop a graceful staircase and provide a private sanctuary for the bride and bridal party.

Couples who choose The Palace at Somerset Park as their wedding venue have access to personal in-house event planners who work with couples to create their ideal wedding day. Planners work with couples on all areas of their event, from menu to decor to lighting to entertainment.

Executive chef Justin Di Bianca and his passionate team work with couples to create their ideal menu. Options include:

• Cocktail receptions
  • Passed hors d'oeuvres
  • Cocktail stations
  • Seated dinners
  • Desserts
  • Wedding cakes

Large and spacious bridal suites are located in both venue locations, so couples can easily get ready before their event and unwind at the end of the day. Elegant furnishings, beautiful fireplaces and ultimate lounge areas create a stunning and comfortable place to get ready. The bridal suite is fully attended and a personal bridal matron is available during the course of the event to handle all last-minute details and needs.

The venue provides attendants for the valet, front door and coat room and place cards, menu cards and direction cards are complimentary for couples. Couples must provide the final guest count five business days before the event.

The Palace at Somerset Park offers the added touch of a personalized fireworks show that couples and their guests can enjoy on the outdoor terraces. Outside vendors are allowed and event services also include:

• Lighting and sound services
  • China, glassware and flatware
  • Linens
  • On-site parking and valet parking
  • Shuttle services
  • Wheelchair accessibility

The Palace - NJ's Premier Wedding Venue

If you crave Metropolitan energy and require a glamorous venue for your reception, look no further than The Palace at Somerset Park. A venue that combines timeless elegance with a contemporary energy and understated old Hollywood glamour,

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

333 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ (732) 271-6330

Reviewed on 7/31/2016

The Palace made our wedding fantastic. We were married on 7/17/2016 and it was perfect. We would recommend this venue and their staff over and over again. Our guests are still raving about the wedding from the organization of the venue, to the quantity and quality of the food... Read More and beverages. The Palace staff is the most organized and professional and accommodating people we have ever felt with. Special recognition is deserved to the three Palace staff members that helped throughout our wedding process: Michelle Malave (our wedding planner from the Palace) assisting us throughout the entire wedding planning process accommodating our requests and ensuring everything was communicated to staff on the day of. Michelle was able to get our wedding cake completed (baked on site by pastry chef who made our "superhero/wedding" cake even better than we imagined). David Parada (our maitre'd from the Palace) executed our wedding perfectly. David was able to handle all requests, all family members and every step from the final wedding planning meeting to the last minute of the wedding. David appeared when we needed him and made sure we were on time and on schedule throughout the entire wedding. Also not to forget my wife's bridal attendant, Gina, who helped my wife with everything she needed, wanted and/or didn't know she needed. Gina helped us both during the wedding reception and was overall a pleasure to be around and excellent to have on the day of the wedding. We researched the Palace and other venues in the area prior to making our decision to have our wedding here based on the reviews, but they honestly don't do them justice. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VENUE. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND MICHELLE, DAVID AND GINA!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Melissa M

I had attended a few weddings here prior to venue hunting for our own. I still remember my very first impression of The Palace when I attended my bridesmaid's wedding here - it was "wow". From the moment we started inquiring about The Palace, everyone we dealt with was super... Read More friendly and accommodating. This made the already stressful wedding process so much easier to deal with. We visited a few other venues in the Central Jersey location, but we would always come back to The Palace. When we would compare the venues and what they offered, there was never any question of who we should and wanted to book with. Our event planners, Christie and Alex were awesome. From our meetings to follow-up questions we had or clarification we needed, they always answered us promptly and were so friendly in the process. Our Maitre D and Bridal Attendant, Richard and Jillian respectively, were amazing. From our first meeting, they were true professionals, efficient, and so nice and fun to deal with. This carried out to our big day. Jillian and Richard were always checking up on us and making sure we and everything was okay. They allowed us to just enjoy our day and be in the moment instead of having to worry about the details of the day! The venue itself is beautiful and grand. They only allow for 2 events to be booked at the same time and the beauty of their set-up is that you wouldn't even know it because the 2 events would be happening at opposite ends of the venue and everything from the valet parking, bridal suites, cocktail hour, reception, balconies, etc is separated. As soon as your guests arrive, they are greeted with 2 of your chosen signature cocktails. Their cocktail hour is usually divided between their large balcony and inside if weather permits. If it's cold out, they set up heaters also. Aside from the different stations you choose, they also have staff walking around serving hors d'oeuvres. All of their food is delicious! We remember it first hand from the weddings we attended, but we were soon reminded of it during our food tasting, and our family and friends continue to tell us how good the food was! When the cocktail hour ends, they pull the curtains back and reveal the adjoining main room. During the introductions, we made our grand entrance down the staircase but had the rest of our bridal party enter through the main floor (since we had a few pregnant bridesmaids). The rest of the night was seamless as Richard and Jillian made sure we were aware of when everything was happening (first dance, speeches, dinner, cake-cutting, etc) and coordinated with our vendors. At the end of night, Richard and Jillian gave us 2 of our entrees "to-go" just in case we weren't able to eat during our reception, the top of our wedding cake all wrapped up and making it ready for us to just pop in our freezer, and all of the items we dropped off prior to our wedding to be set-up (cake topper, guest book, etc). They even packed our car with these items so we wouldn't forget!! All of our vendors had already done weddings at The Palace and our florist stated that it was the most organized venue that it ever dealt with. The Palace is truly outstanding from it's gorgeous venue, superb staff, delectable food, and amazing service. We were always impressed with The Palace but nothing tops having our own wedding there. They truly treated us like royalty.

2015-12-08T15:38:17 Response from the vendor

The number one way people find out about The Palace is from someone who has attended a prior event or an event they themselves attended. It's the greatest compliment when a former guest comes back as a client for their own event. Thank you for... Read Less Read More

Simply Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Ashley M

The Palace went above and beyond our expectations throughout the entire planning process! Besides being a beautiful place to get married both inside and out - their customer service is truly exceptional. Michelle answered every little question I had, responded back to me very... Read More quickly, and always emailed me prior to her going away to tell me she will be out of the office for the time being. Josh our maitre'd was amazing! He was very accommodating, truly listened to us and all of our requests the final meeting prior to our wedding day. Everything was perfect. Not one thing was out of place. His experience, caring and desire to make it perfect was easily see through his commitment to us - his customer service was excellent. He honored every one of our requests, went above and beyond for us, and even helped me take my veil off when I couldn't find my matron of honor. We couldn't thank him enough for helping make our day the most wonderful day of our lives. I loved it so much, I would do it again in a heartbeat at the Palace! Jillian, my bridal attendant was also fabulous! She was funny and very prepared. Where ever I went, she went. She took extra precautions to make sure my groom didn't see me before our first look. Really, all of the staff at the Palace are amazing, I'm not sure I could boast anymore about them! I truly recommend this venue for your special day - you won't be disappointed!!

2015-10-10T16:09:44 Response from the vendor

A great wedding is a team effort. Thank you for choosing The Palace at Somerset Park team to join you on creating your personal dream wedding! We are blessed to have a great team of professionals all working with one goal in mind, creating an... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Christine B

The Palace is the perfect venue. The staff is professional, elegant, and beyond helpful during your entire experience. My wedding day (March 17, 2017) was a fairy tale and the entire day at the Palace exceeded my expectations. Look no farther. Big shot out to Michelle (event... Read More planner), David (maitre'd) and Gina (bridal attendant). ALL STARS!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Kevin F

We were married here on 2/25/2017 and could not have been happier. I could go into a million details of that day but all you need to know is from start to finish they were incredible and didn't miss a beat. If I had the money to do it again I would.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017

Removed

2017-03-09T13:52:11 Response from the vendor

On behalf of The Palace, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience. Over the past 12 years our goal remains the same which is to offer impeccable service to all of our guests. There were a few things that happened... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Emily L

My husband and I found The Palace on The Knot, set up a tour and after seeing the amazing venue, booked within days. We didn't even look anywhere else. Harry and I knew what we wanted and The Palace was it! Working with Ryan to book was smooth - he was communicative and... Read More responsive to e-mails and inquiries. We were assigned Cristina as our point person and she was always on the ball. Any random question, concern, e-mail, she answered and was super sweet! Josh was our concierge and he was AMAZING! Not only is he a fellow lover of show tunes (which made him even more awesome), he kept everything flowing smoothly, communicated with our vendors, and always made sure that my husband and I were eating, drinking or having a great time. Stephanie, my bridal attendant, was THE BEST! I wish I could be best friends with her. She was so sweet, so caring and was on top of everything. My parents still talk about what a sweetheart she was. Our guests STILL rave about how amazing the cocktail hour (splurge on the sushi station - it's worth it) and the main courses were. I've never been to a wedding where people come out complimenting the main dishes, but The Palace goes above and beyond in every way! Not to mention the venue is beautiful and all of our pictures look like they were taken in Hollywood! Two weddings go on at the same time, but I can honestly say that I had no idea other people were there and all of the attention was on our wedding. I wish we could relive the day!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Armond H

The venue and staff at The Palace made our wedding day a wonderful event. Michele, our wedding coordinator, stayed in touch with us throughout the planning and was always responsive to our questions. David, our Maître D’, orchestrated a very fluid and flawless wedding from start... Read More to finish. The atmosphere, décor, and cuisine was beyond our expectations, and our experience was amazing.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Renee K

The Palace is an absolutely wonderful place to get married! We got married in November, the location, the food, the service and staff were amazing! The food from cocktail hour through dessert were fantastic! And as Bride and Groom, Richard made sure we ate everything. Richard... Read More and Gina were always around with a drink or something to eat! Our guests are still talking about the Viennese table, which was included in the price of the venue! Not only is there a huge quantity of food, but it all tastes great! Going back to the planning process we booked the Palace a year and half in advance and while it is pricey it’s definitely worth it! I was able to get ready at the location with the whole bridal party! Actually the reason I’m not giving them 5 starts is because you only get the bridal suite for 10 hours and I needed it to get ready. They charge an extra $125 per hour you need it earlier than 10 hours. That came up in our final meeting, which was two weeks before the wedding. Not great timing and caused quite a bit of stress. In the end, I paid the money because I felt like I had to, it was too late to change my plans with the hairstylist and photographer. Which left me feeling nickeled and dimed. Like I said, they are pricy and while it’s worth it for everything else they do, they don’t need to charge an extra $125 per hour. Overall, just something you don’t need to deal with two weeks before, when there isn’t any money left in the budget. Otherwise, I was completely happy with them! They do everything! They even make the cake, which is beautiful and delicious! They can accommodate for indoor and outdoor weddings, which was important to me as we were getting married in November. They were also very accommodating when it came to our dietary restrictions. We wanted a kosher style wedding and the chef went above and beyond to meet our needs. I would recommend the Palace to any couple looking for the perfect fairytale wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Vianca A

When you hear the word “palace” you envision a grand venue, fine dining, and superior service. The Palace at Somerset Park delivers just that! The entire planning process was seamless. First we met with Jose who did an excellent job of describing the menu/pricing, gave us a tour... Read More of the grounds, and answered all of our questions. He and Michelle, our planner, responded quickly to my emails and as a bride to be, I very much appreciated that. The food tasting was well organized and helpful in planning the menu. Richard, the Maitre D, and Latonya, the bridal attendant, were so helpful from the moment we arrived all the way to the end of the night. Richard made sure the night went smoothly and even took pictures on my phone during formal shots. Latonya really made me feel like a princess – she noticed things like my necklace needed to be fixed, the bottom of my dress needed to be adjusted, got me flip flops to wear since I forgot to bring comfy shoes to change into, and always made sure my husband and I were happy at all times. She also made sure our photographer captured the classic Palace shots. The food was abundant and delicious. You really get your money’s worth! Our guests raved about the food all night – no one left hungry! My husband and I still think about the food from that night so much that we hope to be guests for a future wedding there! At the end of the night, they neatly packed all our belongings, food, desserts, and cake. Our reception was perfect and in large part due to the outstanding service of the Palace.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lauren M

The Palace exceeded all of our expectations (which were already super high). From the second we set foot on the property on our wedding day we felt completely taken care of and at ease. They practically read our minds with every single request we could have had already being... Read More done by the time we thought to even ask. Richard was an absolute dream and our bridal attendant was my best friend by the end of the night. Guests are still raving about how amazingly perfect the night was. From the food to the service and drinks, The Palace is THE place to go for the royal treatment. We can not thank you enough for what you have done for us in helping create one of the most magical and beautiful days of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Carly S

I had my wedding April 10, 2015 and it was the most magical day ever. Richard and Jillian were so attentive and perfect. People still rave about the food and how beautiful The Palace is.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jessica K

We got married April 11, 2014. Everyone at The Palace at Somerset Park was wonderful during each of the planning stages. The day of the wedding was beyond magical and perfect! Everyone went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! The staff was warm and welcoming,... Read More the food was amazing and the setup was beautiful! Everyone had a wonderful time at our wedding and for months after, people were still talking about how wonderful our wedding was! A friend of my brother's later considered The Palace at Somerset Park for his wedding and asked me about my experience. Based on my recommendation, they chose The Palace. Their wedding was this past weekend and I was told by my brother and mom that their wedding was just as wonderful as mine was. There's definitely consistency in the high quality of care you get. I will recommend The Palace at Somerset Park always to anyone looking for a perfect venue for their wedding. I can't recommend The Palace enough!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Nicole L

I, as well as my husband and families, cannot say enough great things and praise for this venue. We got married here this past August & besides the elegance and classiness that The Palace automatically provides, the staff from booking to day of is beyond amazing and... Read More professional! I worked with Jose to book my date, both Alex and Jill for wedding planning, and had Gina and Josh as my attendants for the day; all were so so helpful, professional, and seemed to genuinely love their job which builds your excitement for the day tenfold. I would pick this venue again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Colleen M

We fell in the love the second we pulled into the parking lot of the Palace. Every single person there was beyond helpful, kind, and supportive. My wedding day was actually very relaxed as I knew I was in good hands. The food and drinks were amazing, the decor was spectacular,... Read More and the staff was excellent. Every single one of our guests were saying it was one of the BEST weddings they have been too. What a wonderful compliment for us, as the newlyweds, as well as the Palace!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Maggie L

Every moment of our experience here was incredible! From the planning to the actual event, we could not have been happier with our decision to hold our reception at the Palace. Not only was the space and decor gorgeous, the staff was so so helpful and friendly. We have not... Read More stopped getting compliments from our guests! Our maitre d' David was exceptional! He took the pressure off the two of us and allowed us to be able to enjoy our wedding. He provided so much guidance when it came to finalizing the reception details and settling our nerves about all those decisions. Throughout the actual reception, he was invaluable as he helped us take advantage of every minute of the night from suggesting photos opportunities, saying our hellos during downtime, and making sure nothing was forgotten. Our reception would not have been as amazing as it was without David! We've heard so so many great things about the food (especially, dessert) from our guests! Our event planner Jill was awesome! She answered my many emails and never made me feel like I was a bother.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Christina J

The Palace exceeded all of our expectations! We were blown away with the service, food, and over all night. From the first time we stepped into the Palace to take a tour up until the second we left on our wedding night we were treated like royalty. I knew they had amazing... Read More service but I didn't expect to be treated like such royalty! Richard our matrie de took care of myself, my husband, my family, and made sure everything ran smoothly. I'm still amazed at how the Palace made my dreams come true!!!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Tiffany B

My husband and I were married at the Palace on Friday, July 22nd. We were engaged for two years and had this venue booked a year and a half in advance. The minute we walked into the venue we knew that this was where we wanted to get married. We both had a vision of what we... Read More wanted our wedding to look like and had A LOT of personalized touches. We brought all of our supplies the day before and they listened to all our recommendations. EVERYTHING WAS SET UP PERFECTLY! The staff at the Palace is unbelievable. Our Maitre D was David and we met with him the day before the wedding. He was such an amazing person to work with and made our wedding flawless. He made sure that every event was on time and that everyone in our bridal party knew where to be, but he also cared about us having a great time. David was sociable and talked to us throughout the night about our relationship. He just made us feel comfortable and relaxed. He also checked to see how everyone was, including our parents. DAVID, THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR DAY SO BEAUTIFUL AND RELAXED. I WAS SO NERVOUS, BUT YOU HAD EVERYTHING PERFECTLY PLANNED OUT AND MET OUR EVERY REQUEST (AND THERE WERE A LOT OF THEM)! Next, we have my Bridal Attendant, Gina. I honestly think of her more as a friend than a staff worker. She stayed by my side through the entire event and pampered me like you wouldn't believe. Most brides want alcoholic beverages, but I am not normal and asked for chocolate milk. Within minutes, there was Gina with a glass of chocolate milk she made for me. She steamed my veil when it was wrinkled in the bag, she curled my hair when it started to straighten, and she pinned my hoop under my dress when I broke it. The girl was covered in sparkles from my princess wedding theme and rocked it! We even took a picture together at the end and I made her dance a little with me! Gina, I WILL NEVER FORGET ALL YOU DID FOR ME! I TRULY WAS THE HAPPIEST BRIDE EVER! Every single comment about the food, atmosphere, and staff members is true. This venue knows how to make your wedding unforgettable and you will have your guests raving about it for years to come. I WAS ALREADY TOLD BY MOST OF MY GUESTS THAT THIS WAS THE BEST WEDDING THEY HAVE EVER BEEN TO!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Jamie K

This place! Wow! I can't even begin to describe how wonderful everything is at this awesome venue. The Palace is absolutely beautiful and the staff is amazing at what they do. My husband and I could not be happier with how our wedding day turned out! Our Maitre D' David made... Read More sure everything ran smoothly the entire day, and my bridal attendant Gina was my sidekick! I could not imagine my wedding day without either of them. The food is delicious and our guests can't stop talking about how much they ate. I never felt stressed about the venue while planning, because our Event Planner Michelle was awesome. She kept us organized and communicated with us often through the whole process. I cannot stop looking at the pictures of our breathtaking ceremony on the East Balcony and our beautiful our reception in the East Ballroom. I wish we could do it all over again! I recommend the Palace a million times over!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Tia S

Where do we begin! The first word that comes to mind in describing our wedding at The Palace at Somerset Park is Magical. From the moment we took our tour of the venue we fell in love. Although we did visit other venues in the area before making a final decision, none could... Read More compare. Ryan Furio our Sales Manager was extremely responsive and worked diligently to secure our preferred date and location. Our planning process after went extremely smooth and professional and Michele our wedding planner was always one step ahead of us making sure every detail was planned to perfection. And then there was the day of. We cannot thank Maître’d Josh and Bridal Attendant Stephanie enough. All throughout the day they made sure we enjoyed every moment, while they executed the ceremony and reception flawlessly. The grounds and interior designs of the venue are absolutely gorgeous and provided us with the perfect backdrop to capture those special moments. Our guest are still raving about the beauty and class of the venue and the abundance of food and flowing drinks throughout the night. We could not have asked for more. The Palace did an amazing job and we couldn’t be more pleased. Tia & Mark 6/30/16

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Brittany R

From the second we pulled up to the palace we were blown away from the gorgeous landscape to the friendly staff. The whole experience was incredible. Our planner Michelle was always responsive with emails and any questions we had she was really a huge help! The food tasting was... Read More mind blowing and so much fun! We got to meet the chefs and try a huge selection from the menu as well as cocktails and cocktail hour foods. Then on the day of our wedding our Maitre D Richard was absolutely incredible I can't say enough good things about him and our bridal attendant Stephanie we just love them my family, friends, and I still talk about what great people they are! I could go on forever about all they did for us! The wedding was amazingly beautiful and flawless if there was a problem I certainly didn't know about it! The bridal suit was the perfect place to get ready it was so comfortable and they had tons of food and drinks for us! Our guests are still talking about the endless amounts of food and the white glove service and telling us how this was the best wedding they have ever been to! Our ceremony was in the foyer and we made our entrance by walking down the steps which everyone's jaws dropped and that was exactly what we wanted! It was stunning! At the reception we got one of each dish so we could try each and also we had our daughter up at the sweetheart table with us and she had her favorite chicken fingers! She truly felt like princess that day thanks to Richard and Stephanie ...... and so did I! At the end of the night they pack your car and even send you home with all 3 dinners, even one for our daughter and an enormous assortment of desserts! The fireworks were better then we have ever seen before and everyone was blown away by our surprise! We are so sad it's over but hope someone we know will soon have a wedding here so we can relive our perfect wedding day! Amazing venue, amazing food, amazing staff nothing more we could ask for!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Dana G

My husband and I were married at The Palace and cannot begin to say how happy we were with everything. From our first meeting with Christie, to our endless conversations on event coordination with Cristina and all the final details with Josh, every single thing we could think of... Read More was done and ran so smoothly. Josh was our Maitre D’ the day of and Gina was our Bridal Attendant. We had a 2 hour meeting with Josh a few days before our wedding to go over every detail, the timeline for the day of, and any final questions. If you think you need a wedding planner, don’t bother – Josh was amazing in making sure everything ran smoothly including a quick rehearsal of the ceremony. Gina was so attentive and prepared for any situation. When we realized my bustle had broken she already had pins and a needle and thread in her pocket to quickly fix it. Aside from the incredible service, The Palace is a beautiful venue with a fantastic staff, very accommodating to any need, and the food is outstanding! Our wedding cake (devils food with dark chocolate ganache) was one of the best cakes I have ever eaten.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Melissa P

We had our wedding at The Palace on April 16,2016, here we are almost 3 months later and we are still getting rave reviews from our guests. Richard, our maitre d', was phenomenal. Michelle, our event planner, was amazing and our bridal attendant, LaTonya was exceptional!... Read More Everyone took such fantastic care of us throughout the whole planning process and the day of. Not one hiccup (that we knew about anyway) the entire night. Everything flowed smoothly, on time and exceeded our expectations. The food from start to finish was delicious as was the Venetian hour. Our only disappointment is that its all over and we can't do it again!

2016-07-26T14:08:11 Response from the vendor

It's wonderful you had such a great experience! Maybe you can join us for our "Twice Upon a Time" event exclusively for our past couples to relive their special day. Follow us on Facebook for more information and thank you for letting The Palace be... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Sabeen K

The Palace provided a breathtaking venue with a fully trained and expert staff for our wedding ceremony and reception. We worked closely with Richard who made the day spectacular and completely seamless. The food was extraordinary, the cake was exquisite, and the fireworks were... Read More just the cherry on top. We highly recommend this venue for all your events, and could not be happier with our choice!

2016-07-13T16:48:28 Response from the vendor

We are thrilled you enjoyed your event! When a fireworks display is the cherry on top, then the rest of the wedding must have been a great Sundae! Thank you

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Erienne V

My husband and I live in NJ and we looked at venues throughout the entire tri-state area. We were just about to book our venue in North Jersey, but we decided to sleep on our decision because we weren't 100% sold on the place. That night, I just happened to open a wedding... Read More magazine that I had collecting dust on the desk and I saw an advertisement for the Palace at Somerset Park. I immediately jumped online to look at their website and decided we should give them a shot. The venue was able to see us the next day, so without hesitation we took the chance. The moment we drove up the driveway, we were intrigued by the outside of the facade. You will probably hear that it looks like the "White House," and it's true, lol. When we walked inside the front doors, the Grand Foyer completely took my breath away. Talk about classy... it was gorgeous and spacious with a stunning chandelier hanging above. When we moved into the West Ballroom and saw the cocktail room, we were just about sold... BUT, they decided to show us the East Ballroom last, and boy - was that the icing on the cake. The moment we walked into the East Ballroom, my mouth dropped, and I looked at my (then) fiance and said - "Yep, this is it." The room is absolutely beautiful - to the point where words can't describe it...you need to see it in person. The high ceilings, fireplace, and elegant ambiance can take your breath away. The cocktail hour room is cozy yet sophisticated, and they were able to light the room blue, which matched our theme. The outside terrace was great for socializing, and we were very lucky to have a warm day without rain. Okay - so that is just a few words on the actual appearance of the location, but let me tell you why this place should be where you marry the love of your life... I worked with Alex and Jillian for the pre-planning and they made sure to answer all of my questions and guide me through every step. Once the day arrived, I was assigned Josh as my Maitre D, and Maya as my bridal attendant. First off - Josh is THE SH*T!!!!!!! He was the most amazing point of contact for the entire night, and he made sure that every single detail from the ceremony to the end of the night was flawless. His professionalism was impeccable, and he made sure that OUR night was not just "another" wedding. He made us feel like June 4th, was the only moment in time that mattered, and for that alone - we would book the Palace over and over again. My husband felt like Josh was one his "boys," and that's not an everyday impression you get from just anyone. Second - there was Maya... She was my bridal attendant, and I can honestly say I fell in love with her. When I arrived that morning, Maya immediately started taking care of all the details so I could get ready. She was like a built in second "maid of honor," and I am so happy to call her a friend now... My sister-in-law's dress completely ripped (about 2.5 feet), and Maya sewed her ENTIRE dress. I couldn't believe my eyes - she was sitting there, sewing the dress by hand. It looked fantastic and she saved the day for the 98th time, haha. At one point, I hugged her right before my ceremony began, and I started crying. She was unbelievable... I could go ON and ON about the Palace, and talk even more about Josh and Maya, but instead - make an appointment to see it for yourself! Meeting my husband was the best day of my life, and saying "I Do" at the Palace was my dream come true.

2016-07-13T16:45:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! The Palace's secret lies in the people. Staff that genuinely recognizes how important their jobs are and enjoy what they do. Never taking for granted that this day is the most important day in this particular families life! Thank you for... Read Less Read More