The Palisadium

Cliffisde Park, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Palisadium

A BALLROOM IN CLIFFISDE PARK, NJ

Nestled on the cliffs of the Hudson River, the Palisadium in Cliffside Park, New Jersey, offers breathtaking panoramic views of Manhattan. The New York City skyline is picture-ideal by day or night and this venue is easy for New Yorkers to access since it’s only minutes from the George Washington Bridge.

A wedding is a personally significant and historical event in the lives of the bride and groom and couples may be fascinated with the history of the Palisadium. It stands on the site where the formerly beloved Palisades Amusement Park operated from 1898 through 1971. The legacy of good times at the location continues now with the special events and weddings that are hosted in the building and gorgeous surrounds. The bride and groom will delight in first-look photos with the New York City skyline, a garden view or the Hudson River in the background. The Palisadium can accommodate small weddings with 50 guests or larger weddings with up to 800 attendees.

Skyline Ballroom. Couples who want a spectacular view for their wedding will want to choose the Skyline Ballroom with its panoramic vista of the New York City skyline and the Hudson River. The Skyline Ballroom features a large glass ceiling so the starry night sky is visible. This ballroom holds up to 800 guests and has two stationary bars.

River View Room. This room is adjacent to the Skyline Ballroom and can be used on its own, accommodating 200 guests or in conjunction with the Skyline Ballroom. It has one stationary bar and a window wall with fantastic views of the river.

Grand Ballroom. This space offers delightful interior details, such as mosaic-covered walls, majestic white pillars and a beautiful chandelier. It can be used for a ceremony or reception. It has a specious dance floor.

Customized international catering is available. The in-house chef happily works with each bride and groom to tailor the menu to their personal preferences, cultural needs and dietary tastes. The bride and groom can choose from a vegetarian menu, Kosher menu, Korean buffet menu, Indian menu, Russian menu and a classic food full menu. The catering team also helps you choose a wedding cake and a special dessert, which can include a chocolate fountain. In addition a cocktail reception can be catered for. Tastings are available before the couple is expected to make their final catering decisions.

The professional planners at the Palisadium work hard to make your wedding day exactly what you envision. You can choose from a variety of packages for big or small weddings that utilize a mix of indoor and uncovered outdoor areas. Audio equipment is available.

All of the Palisadium’s wedding packages come with a bridal suite, event planning, tables and chairs, linens, glassware, flatware, china, lighting and sound. The bride and groom may also choose to have an open bar, a cash bar or a limited bar. Bartenders can be hired directly from the venue and signature drinks, premium liquor and a champagne toast can be planned for the reception.

The team at the Palisadium offers special on-site amenities such as a heated, Olympic-sized swimming pool, an outdoor track and a cliff-top garden patio. To-be-weds who wish to treat themselves, the bridal party, family and friends to nearby activities can take advantage of:

• Whitewater rafting adventures
  • Fun-filled golf outings
  • Spa treatments
  • Private wine tastings
  • Shopping

In addition, guests can explore the Meadowlands Exposition Center or catch a game at the MetLife Stadium.

Manhattan Experience, Manhattan View!

The Palisadium is a true gem on the cliffs of the Hudson River. Conveniently located minutes from the George Washington Bridge, we offer the best view of the NYC Skyline that New Jersey has to offer and our international menu will complete your special day! Kosher catering available.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

700 Palisadium Drive, Cliffisde Park, NJ (201) 224-2211

Patrice was amazing, perfect venue

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Leigh S

We had a lot of out of town guests so a city view was very important to us. We visited the typical venues with a view and someone suggested the Palisadium. It was such a different experience than all the others. Patrice only knew the word "yes" when I was making quasi-ridiculous... Read More requests. We had a Venetian hour, an entire second supper, AND an Irish coffee attendant. She was beyond flexible and everything ran smoothly. This venue, with all the add ons was STILL considerable more cost effective than others in the area. We loved the little lounge area in the Skyline ballroom as we got married during college basketball and some guests were able to run and see scores of favorite teams. We felt like we were a team with Patrice and that we created a wedding experience that was unique to us and fitted our personality and style. Everyone RAVED about the food quantity AND quality (and lets be honest you rarely go to a wedding for the cuisine!!)If you are just beginning your venue search, definitely visit the Palisadium and if possible do it at sunset because the skyline room is breathtaking!!!

End of Summer Wedding

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 RINA A

My wedding was on August 25 and it was the perfect day. The chuppah was beautifully set outdoors on the river. The staff was very organized and friendly. (Wish I could share pictures here) We got extremely good feedback about the food specifically the lamb chops(they were a... Read More big hit!) There was food going around during the ceremony which was a cool twist. When I saw tons of flowers on my cake that I didn't want there, the staff did everything they could to fix the cake to my liking. Only negative was the desserts table. It was set in a separate room, which made me think my guests left, but they were really munching on desserts in the other room :-) Balcony was a big hit too. In short, very helpful, very reactive staff, great place with an amazing view. Highly recommend it.

Amazing Venue & Deal

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Alexandra L

My parents had their reception at the Palisadium in the 80's, but I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it as much as I did. After looking at several venues, however, it was the best venue at the best price. They gave us a reasonable price per head, the food (especially at the... Read More cocktail hour) was delicious, we had plenty of options, and the service was great. Even when we hit little bumps along the way, they always did everything in their power to fix the problem. Plus: You should see the view! I definitely highly recommend The Palisadium!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Nicole C

We went on a tour of this venue and wanted to get out of there as soon as we walked into the banquet hall. There was barely anything set up, the floors were dirty, the ceilings had leak stains, and the coordinator was either in a rush to go home, or had no idea what she was... Read More doing. She didn't take us outside to see the ceremony site, she just showed us it through the window and pointed out the dry grass spots. The bridal suite had crumbs all on the floor and there was storage everywhere. She didn't even go over the menu with us. She said we have a lot of options and to look through it on our own. Definitely not booking and the pictures are definitely deceiving. Oh, and she wouldn't turn on the lights in the other banquet halls because she said they were trying to "conserve energy". So, we saw half the venue in semi-darkness.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Alex M

From start to finish everything about our wedding was perfect. Our guests raved about the food, venue, views, and the polite staff. Our event planner, Midra, was amazing!!! She is organized, kind, patient, and very responsive to emails. It is because of Midra and the... Read More Palisadium's amazing staff, including Erika, that my husband and I felt that we had the wedding of our dreams! I cannot write enough wonderful things about this venue and it's staff.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 John S

Let me start off and say the food is great! My guests all loved the food. The views are spectacular and the overall place is gorgeous. Food and venue get 5 stars! However, wedding coordinator was not as accommodating and the overall experience working with staff has just been... Read More disappointing. The coordinator just didn't care about making sure the day went smoothly. Throughout the night, she was just MIA. Honestly, I don't even know her name. We had booked Palisadium in Nov 2015, a couple months before the wedding, we're told Jennifer is no longer working here so we were given Patrice to work with. Two weeks before the wedding, Patrice no longer works there and given this new person. Stuff happens and staff leaves, but this new person was just unaccommodating. She didn't show up for our rehearsal, and the morning of the wedding, this person wasn't there at 10am( the time that the banquet office is supposed to be open). I had dropped all the centerpieces and all the other stuff for the wedding and left instructions with the setup crew. He pretty much got the gist of everything and he had done more work with me than the wedding coordinator. As the ceremony was to begin at 5:30 sharp, I had to search for her and ask to start the ceremony. I had found her in the office sitting down and on her phone. I’ve been in enough weddings and been part of enough bridal parties to know that the coordinator should have been with us from the moment we stepped into the venue. Let me also add to the fact that the bridal suite was not setup, and the waitress (Sophia) and to scramble at the last minute to set us up in the Park Bistro (which is what was promised to us by Jennifer and Patrice). Not all the food from cocktail hour made it to our suite, but last minute scramble we were able to eat something. The wife and I went to cocktail hour and the bartender had denied me a drink since cocktail hour was “coming to an end”. Really? As the guy who paid the bills, I should have gotten a drink 5 mins before the end of cocktail HOUR! Also, the venue couldn’t supply the right liquor for the signature cocktail, and I had ask this coordinator to ensure they used Bullit Rye for the Old fashions and not use Crown Royal. They eventually got it right during the reception. The wedding coordinator did orchestrate the processional into the reception hall, and that was the last that I saw her. She was supposed to move the cigar box to the second bar, lay out the glow sticks for the guests, and make sure everything was going well. I had to ask my waitress to turn down the heat because the coordinator was no where to be found. At the end of the night, the coordinator finally came out to see if everything went smoothly. If she was there the whole night with my wife and attending to her needs, then she wouldn’t even have to ask. For the record, she didn’t even ask me, she went to my wife while she was exiting the bathroom with a basket in one hand and her dress in the other. This person couldn’t even help her carry things. Good thing we have great friends to help out. In the end, the wedding was great! But really, the coordinator should have ensured everything went accordance with our plans. We needed to stay on top of the plans while we’re greeting our guest and enjoying our time with them. And any decent coordinator would have made sure everything was to our specifications. It was really disappointing that we had to do this solo. Thanks to my MC for holding it down for us!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Renee B

Lovely location. The decor does more than enough for your wedding. Center peices are the most that you would need during your reception. We loved the ambiance and the New York City skyline. The staffs professionalism however, could be improved. At times it took over a week for... Read More someone to get back to me. We had poor explanations for how things worked or were done according to their standards. So be sure to ask questions and don't allow them to beat around the bush. Eventually they will answer you. We had to ASK for food to be give to us in the dressing room before the wedding. My bridesmaids were starving. My groomsmen waited another 40 minutes for food. Not ok. Besides that they were polite and respectful in every regard. My husband and I enjoyed our night.

2016-09-21T11:07:20 Response from the vendor

We are pleased that you enjoyed your night. Our apologies for the lack of communication at certain points, your event originally was handled by someone who no longer works here and we did our best to make sure any of your wishes/ promises come true.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Amanda D

I absolutely loved everything about Palisadium. The outdoor space is amazing, as is everything inside. My husband and I knew we wanted to get married outdoors, but we (of course) also wanted to make sure we liked the backup ceremony space. Palisadium was the only venue we... Read More visited that had us debating which space was better to use! Weather permitted us to have the ceremony outdoors, but both spaces are truly stunning. But, we chose this venue not only because we loved the aesthetic of every inch of the place, but also because of the staff. The staff are truly amazing people to work with and they made all the difference in our wedding planning experience. We got a lot of compliments from our guests on the venue as well. They really enjoyed the balcony (we had a cigar bar available to them out there) and the incredible views at sunset. Many of them used the word "magical" to describe the day, and I definitely attribute much of that to the setting. I would highly, highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Daniel O

I attended a function at this venue. If I could give a 0 star I would. The valets could not park cars quickly enough. We waited 20 minutes in line. We then waited 30 for drinks to be turned away and sent to a different bar. We allowed for a manager who never came and we were... Read More sent to a bar that was closed. Then we went to another bar where we waited for 20 minutes before being turned away again. Food stations were just as bad. They could keep plates stocked. This venue is understaffed and management for the most part doesn't care. One manager tried to make us drinks after complaining but all the beverages were removed from the bar so she couldn't end up helping us.

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Jamie D

PROS: The view that the Palisadium offered absolutely sold us. Having a winter wedding, we didn't want to feel stuffed in 4 closed walls so the open atmosphere with big windows and a beautiful view was just what we hoped for. (And the price was affordable). Upon our tasting,... Read More my party all agreed the food was too salty for our taste so we requested they use less salt for our wedding day. We were very pleased that the chefs honored our request and the food was delicious. All our guests raved about the food from cocktail hour through dessert. We did our own centerpieces rather than use a florist and the staff was willing to put each centerpiece together for us following our written instructions. On the wedding day, Patrice emailed me that some of the mirrors for our centerpieces were broken in the box and she was able to use mirrors they had in storage to replace them, which I greatly appreciated. At the reception, there was a waiter who seemed to be assigned to me and was very attentive in bringing me drinks and food, as I was too busy running around to get to the bar and sit down to eat for long. My husband and one of his groomsmen also had makeup on their white tux coats from hugging guests at the church and one of the workers took their coats and cleaned the makeup right off- they looked perfect. CONS: This incident made a big impact on our review. The Palisadium uses an outside valet company that you pay extra for. One of our guests came to us about a half hour before cocktail hour to tell us they parked their own car and there was no valet. The staff did not even realize and my parents had to bring it to their attention before anyone on staff even noticed. It turned out the valet company "forgot" about our wedding. We learned the only confirmation the Palisadium had done was an email reminder a week or so before the wedding. I was a pretty laid back bride and assumed that the staff had this covered without me intervening or hounding them. The staff at the Palisadium took no responsibility for this mishap and just said, "well, we confirmed with them. It is out of our hands." We were offered nothing to make up for this error except for our money back that we paid to have the valet (not even an apology). My husband had to call the valet company to address it, which he should not have had to worry about on his wedding day. I was lucky that my January wedding did not have bad weather and was not as cold as it could have been since my guests had to park in a dark, dingy garage and walk to the venue. When my dad followed up with Patrice after the wedding while I was on my honeymoon, he received excuse after excuse but still no apology or attempt to make the situation right. We were supposed to have a separate cocktail hour for our bridal party but when I walked into the room, nothing was set up. The waiter that was there was very helpful and willing to bring me what I asked for, but we were stuck in an empty room waiting on food rather than enjoying what should have been set up. The hotel that came most recommended by the Palisadium was one of the biggest headaches of the wedding planning. While the issues I had with the hotel were NOT the fault of the Palisadium, I would have thought their recommendations would be more professional.

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Tawni L

Our words can not describe happy we are with The Palisaidum Banquet Hall. .First, the venue is stunning with an amazing view on the Manhattan Skyline. We were able to capture the best pictures. Our coordinator Patrice was fantastic. She was completely engaged with us, and really... Read More did anything she could to give us what we wanted. On the whole, the venue was very accomadating. The food was great, for both cocktail and reception, and had many choices to choose from. I felt very comfortable and secure in knowing our wedding would be amazing with Patrice there.They also let us park our Vintage 1930 car in front all evening for our pictures and exit. I would definitely use this venue again for future parties.

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Letitia S

Palisadium happened to be a venue that popped up on my facebook feed, soon after I posted that I was engaged. It was the 1st place we viewed and after looking at 4 other places, we AGREED it was the place. Stephanie was fantastic. We book about 18 months in advance (bc I was... Read More adamant on having a winter wedding & the upcoming winter was too close) Stephanie kept in touch throughout the 18 months of planning. She provided quick responses and advice for any issues I had. The weekend of the wedding Stephanie was more than understanding when a few hiccups came. She was helpful, resourceful, basically she was Batman or Superman of the day. I couldn't have asked for a better event coordinator to work with. Her bubbly spirit, fabulous personality, she help calm me when I was freaking out due to a "makeup" boo-boo on my dress. We got it resolved and she did everything necessary to make sure to "hiccups" of the moment didn't make the day! I am so happy everything was successful and my guest are raving about the food, the venue and the gorgeous view!!! Thanks Stephanie and Palisdium for assisting with my wedding day!

The Perfect night

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Danielle P

My husband and I would just like to thank everyone at the Palisadium but especially Stephanie Russo for making our wedding day absolutely perfect. From the moment we visited the Palisadium as a potential venue location we knew that this would be our venue. Stephanie was so... Read More quick at responding to any e-mails or phone calls from day one! She gave us a list of preferred vendors and every one was amazing! The night of our wedding went perfect, from start to finish it was everything I had envisioned and everything I asked for happened. The food was phenomenal from cocktail hour until the very last bit of dessert. Our guests said our cocktail our was the best they had ever been to! What really sold us on this venue was the amazing view of the city skyline. Especially at night the view was amazing and made for some pretty great pictures. I would highly recommend the Palisadium to anyone who asks! Thank Stephanie again for promising a night nothing less than perfect and delivering!!

A Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Amanda R

My husband and I had our reception at the Palisadium on September 5, 2015. Not only did we have a fantastic time but all of our 190 guests continue to talk about what a great time they had. Even friends who attend weddings all the time say that ours was one of the best. The view... Read More was spectacular both from inside and out on the terrace. The food is absolutely to die for! We made sure we had platters in our bridal suite during cocktail hour. We are hoping some of our friends will get married here just so we can have the food. The space itself was perfect. The lobby has a very elegant feel and the skyline ballroom was set up perfectly. We loved having the dance floor under the skylight. Last but not least, Patrice was amazing to work with. Even when I had ridiculous requests, her response was always "absolutely, we can do that". Earlier in the planning process when we were looking at venues, Patrice was the only person to not just show us the venue and give us the run down of what they offered and prices. She went above and beyond and have us advice about planning a wedding in general. All of the venues we looked at were generally the same price but after tasting the food at the Palisadium and seeing the view, the other places didn't seem worth it. In the final few days before the wedding, whenever I stopped by to either drop off centerpieces or to make payments, I felt so at ease just being there. Knowing that our special day was in such great hands took a huge weight off of our shoulders. I would strongly recommend the Palisadium. I can't say enough good things about them!

Great Venue with New York View

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Hannah O

We recently had our ceremony & reception at the Palisadium. Ceremony in Skyline room and Reception in Riverview room. Everyone loved New York view behind the chuppah. Such a gorgeous place with reasonable price with the view & location. Service & staff were all professional... Read More and helpful. Only cons I find is valet since you need to pay extra $600. But, I recommends to have valet rather than having chaos.

The Most Wonderful Summer Wedding

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Ruth W

Almost every bride has thought about her wedding at least a thousand times since she was a little girl…I was never that bride. My wedding planning started before we got engaged but only because of family logistics. Coming from a large, observant, Jewish families finding a venue... Read More that offered Kosher weddings at a price point that would allow for everyone we love to celebrate with us was at first daunting. Every venue I called quoted prices that were, to our ears and wallets, astronomical. Reason being the venue would have to close down their kitchen days in advance in order for the venue to be made Kosher and/or Kosher food would have to be brought in to the venue. Another reason for these high prices would be that no other wedding/celebrations could occur at the venue the days preceding the (because of the Koshering of the kitchen) and the day of our wedding. However, when I called the Palisadium that all changed. Finding the Palisadium was by sheer luck and of course a quick Google search of “Kosher wedding venues”. When I randomly called inquiring about Kosher catering, I was pleasantly surprised when we were quoted a very reasonable price. I immediately called my fiancé and told him that I found our venue. Now, food at Kosher weddings isn’t always the most flavorful therefore, once we were engaged I called and asked for a food tasting before we booked the venue. At that first meeting, we met our wonderful coordinator Carlos and were treated to one of the most fantastic meals we’ve ever had. To top it all off, we met the head chef Joe that night and he explained that the Palisaidum is owned by Modern Orthodox hence they could provide Kosher weddings at a realistic price. As bonus, the Palisadium is located on a cliff over looking the Northern Manhattan skyline. Planning our wedding with Carlos was the most effortless process a bride could ask for! Carlos answered all of our questions with sincerity and efficiency, and truly cared about what we wanted. When it came to choosing our menu, Carlos made wonderful suggestions (braised short ribs!) and ensured that the day of the wedding we had food waiting for us in the bridal suite after the ceremony. The day after our wedding, our friends and family could not stop raving about the food, and especially the view! To quote my brother in law “the food at the cocktail hour was one of the best meals I’ve ever eaten”. All of our guests sent us messages saying how much they loved the party and could not believe how great everything was! Jonathan and I went back to the Palisadium the following day and Carlos had packed up all of our remaining kippot, programs, centerpieces ect after the party was over. Carlos is truly a master wedding planner and our day could not have been as wonderful without him and the entire Palisadium staff. Ruth Dershowitz

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Jullia L

We had our entire wedding at The Palisadium (from ceremony to reception). We will forever be thankful to Stephanie, our coordinator. She is professional, honest, warm, and attentive. She made our whole wedding experience a breeze. From our first meeting, she listened to our... Read More needs and made sure to make everything happen. All the way to the end of our reception, Stephanie was there, not missing a beat to ensure that all was well. She even watched over our daughter.... she is so personable!!! Leading up to our wedding day, Stephanie was available at all times. She made sure to confirm any details as well as calm any of my nerves. Her suggestions for appetizer choices were on point. Our guests left with their bellies full and happy. She not only made our wedding day flow smoothly but also was a major asset during the rehearsal. We will forever be grateful to Stephanie and the entire staff at the Palisadium. Food, drinks, and view are amazing! My mother-in-law's friends were all abuzz about the location and venue. They said it would be perfect for possible future weddings. I am in total agreement. Thank you again!

Amazing Views

Reviewed on 6/25/2012 Nicola G

I was very skeptical in booking the venue due to there not being any positive reviews. However, we fell in love with the views and took a chance. I worked with Patrice mostly. She doesn't answer emails quickly nor does she call you back. You have to remind her several times... Read More if you have an outstanding question. It was easiest to just visit her and get things done. That being said, I personally didn't mind but if you are an "anal bride", I think you would have a hard time working with her. There were several things that went wrong during the night. First, an entire table did not have place cards. Second, the DJ said they did not communicate with him so he had a hard time with the timing of events. Third, they forgot to bring out the grooms cake when we went to cut the cake. Overall, I was happy with my night and everyone had a blast. They are one of the few venues that allow shots and my party family & friends loved that. We were able to negotiate everything to a price we were comfortable with and I'm happy we didn't overpay. **The head Chef (Michael) was AMAZING and everyone RAVED about the food. They took orders for the filet mignon so that each person had it cooked to their liking. I can't get over how happy everyone was with the food**

Great rehearsal dinner and paebek venue!

Reviewed on 1/17/2011 Gina S

I had my rehearsall dinner and paebek (Korean traditional wedding ceremony) at Palisadium. My mother in law hosted the event but my husband and I were involved in the planning. We had about 50 guests and a delicious buffet of various Korean dishes. The wait staff was very... Read More accomodating. The space where we had our rehearsal dinner was newly renovated and had a great skyline view of Manhattan. The space where we had the paebek ceremony was very nice as well, in a partitioned room next door. My parents hosted the paebek event and since Palisadium has seen many of these, everything went very smoothly. I would recommend Palisadium as a venue for any Korean couple looking to have Korean food at their rehearsal dinner and to have a paebek ceremony.

Review for Palisadium Restaurant

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Ann L

It catered to our ethnic needs. Also, the price was very reasonable, compared to what other venues were charging.;They were under construction, so maybe the interior/exterior might be updated.