Book Your Wedding with The Pavilion at Mixon Farms

A BACKYARD IN BRADENTON, FL

The Pavilion at Mixon Farms is an events-hosting facility specializing in wedding events in Bradenton, Florida. Sitting within the citrus groves of Mixon Fruit Farms, the facility offers a unique setting for your wedding, which includes both indoor and outdoor event spaces. These spaces include two garden settings with gazebos for ceremonies, a climate-controlled indoor banquet hall and a koi pond. The Pavilion at Mixon Farms welcomes visitors and clients for tours of the facility.

As a wedding venue, The Pavilion at Mixon Farms is ideal for those who prefer a tropical setting for their wedding celebrations that does not necessarily have to be beachfront weddings. The grounds of the facility features beautiful tropical landscaping with flowering gardens, an orchard and a pond. The Pavilion at Mixon Farms is expansive and likewise gives your wedding an indoor/outdoor setting with its covered veranda. It also comes with roll-down vinyl sides in case of inclement weather.

The Garden Oasis. This event space includes the covered pavilion and a gazebo, which make it an ideal setting for wedding receptions and ceremonies. The pavilion itself measures 3,200 square feet in floor area and has a maximum capacity of up to 200 guests with a banquet-style layout.

The Honeybell Hall. An alternative indoor space within the facility, the Honeybell Hall has a floor area of 2,400 square feet. This area gives you and your guests views of the sunset on one side and a backdrop of the orange orchard on the other. It accommodates between 75 to 100 guests with banquet-style receptions.

The Butterfly Garden. This area is the facility's outdoor event space. It features a gazebo, a flowering garden and a tree. The Butterfly Garden takes on a new life at sundown with twinkling ambient outdoor lights lining its pathway and trellis.

The Koi Pond. This area features a veranda that overlooks the pond. It is ideal for small and intimate wedding celebrations with only 15 guests.

The Pavilion at Mixon Farms exclusively handles the bar services for wedding events at the facility. When in comes to catering services, however, you have the option of choosing your own caterer for your wedding. For your convenience, The Pavilion at Mixon Farms has a list of preferred vendors who have worked with the venue in the past. These vendors are already familiar with the facility and its spaces, which make them good options for more convenient wedding events.

The Pavilion at Mixon Farms charges a rental fee, which affords you five hours of event time, excluding the time it takes to set up decor and clean up the venue. Early start time is possible and you also have the option of purchasing additional hours for your wedding event. Your celebrations should wrap up by midnight.

The following are some of the amenities and services that are inclusive of the rental fee.

• Event Supervisor included, Wedding Coordinator serves available
  • Dressing rooms for the bride and the groom
  • Gazebo
  • Staging kitchen for outside caterers
  • Dance Floor Space
  • Outdoor lighting
  • Table and chairs

The facility allows for one hour of rehearsal prior to the ceremony. Cameras all around the facility give you the option of beaming your event live online for family and friends who cannot attend your wedding. Koi ponds, small waterfall, fountains, gardens and the orchard give you unique backdrops for your wedding photographs.

Vintage Charm with a Southern Twist

Profess your love amongst family and friends in front of our custom white wooden gazebo, surrounded by lush gardens, rock waterfall, fountain and gorgeous Koi pond on an orange grove.For your reception, our covered pavilion adorned in twinkle lights comfortably holds 250 + guests. Stay on site at our Mixon Farmhouse Inn or use it for a smaller affair. Our live web cameras allow your friends and family all over the world to view your wonderful day! At the Pavilion our coordinators and staff help you design your ceremony layout with included garden chairs on the lawn so that every seat is a great seat to watch love blossom! We welcome you to come tour our venue!

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Rooftop, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2525 27th St East, Bradenton, FL (941) 748-5829

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Kortnee H

The Knot: Today marks two weeks since my husband and I had the most magical fairy-tale wedding at the Pavilion at Mixon's Farms. From our perspective, everything about the day was absolutely perfect down to the last detail. We had a year engagement and within the first month... Read More we had selected Mixon's as our venue. We live less than 20 minutes away, and before searching for a place to get married we had no idea that this magical place existed -let alone so close to our home! My dream was to find a venue ANYWHERE in the state of Florida with the following must-haves: we needed to be able to hold the ceremony and reception in the same place so that guests did not have to worry about transportation; we wanted someplace that was outdoors but protected with a permanent structure -I did NOT want a tent; we wanted a place that the wedding party could get ready at; we were searching for a place that the wedding party could sleep at (but NOT a hotel); we wanted a beautiful backdrop; and we needed a place that would allow us to bring our own caterer (we had our heart set on Cuban food as a nod to my Husband's heritage). We visited several venues and I did weeks of research. When I found Mixon's I was pleasantly surprised about the price and was excited for the first site-visit. I went with my mom and was TERRIFIED when we drove up to what appeared to be a grocery store. We met the wedding organizer, Sheri, inside the store and were so thrilled when she escorted us to a secret magical garden hidden from the public just yards from the store we were standing in. OH my goodness, the venue was PERFECT -it was as if it were made for us and I knew within seconds of walking through the entrance, surrounded by plants, flowers, aromas, and nature, that this would be my venue. Over the course of the year, Mixon’s did an incredible job of going above and beyond our expectations. The entire venue got numerous updates that we didn’t even know were going to happen and they constantly were striving to making the venue better and better. The staff, especially Sheri and Brandy, worked flawlessly with our vendors and wedding coordinator -Lori Davis with Justabasketcase. They also did an amazing job making sure that I was well-informed but also sheltered from any “issues” the day of the wedding resulting in my husband and I feeling like everything went PERFECTLY. The venue was the perfect backdrop for our semi-modern, semi-traditional garden-themed, purple and green wedding. We hardly needed to add decor or flowers, which saved us a lot of time and money. The venue was everything we had hoped for and the staff was incredible, professional, and so accommodating! Some tips: 1. If you are considering renting the gaming area for cocktail hour... DO IT, it's so awesome. Even though my husband and I did not get to enjoy it because we were off taking photos, and even though it rained and many of the activities were closed, it was still worth it. 2. ADD THE OUTDOOR STRING LIGHTS ABOUT THE CEREMONY!!!!!!!!!!! My wedding coordinator threw this in for us as a surprise and it really made the difference for the photographs and night-time ambiance. 3. RENT THE FARMHOUSE INN!!!!!!!!!!!! IT is absolutely breathtaking and worth every penny.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Cristina W

Hands down the best venue we could have ever asked for! The Pavilion at Mixon Farms was affordable, the venue is gorgeous, and the wedding coordinator is out of this world. Everyone we came across was so helpful and made this day so much less stressful. All of our guests gasped... Read More at the beauty of the wedding and everyone noticed how amazing Brandy (the wedding coordinator) was. I can not say enough about this place. They all went above and beyond our expectations to make this one unforgettable day! Lastly, their vendor list were top-notch companies! Everything was amazingly perfect!

2017-04-27T09:15:28 Response from the vendor

We are so proud of our team, thanks for this review it means a lot to all of us!! We had a blast with you and your friends and family! Unforgettable!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Marcia W

Planning a wedding long-distance is always a challenge, but when the bride is on the east coast, the groom is on the west coast, the primary planner is in Ohio, and the wedding is in Florida, the process becomes even more complex. Mixon's wedding staff were SO professional, SO... Read More responsive, and SO helpful, I can not thank them enough. Sheri responded to emails and frantic phone calls in record time, and resolved every single question with the perfect solution. Brandy dealt with everything from our check-in to our check-out with a friendly smile and calm, positive response. It didn't matter if we needed more chairs, or we needed more hot water, these ladies dealt with it immediately and professionally. We also rented the Farmhouse Inn for our week-long stay in Bradenton. I can highly recommend the house as a base for your Mixon's experience. It is absolutely gorgeous, an extremely convenient location (you can walk to Mixon's), and the perfect place for the rehearsal dinner, wedding preparations (we had all the hair and makeup done there), or after parties and brunches. Sheri and Brandy, I cannot tell you how much I appreciated all your help and support. You made my daughter's special day as perfect as it could be (well, you could have arranged a liiiiiitle bit warmer weather!) I truly hope our paths cross again!

2017-01-04T08:46:16 Response from the vendor

Marcia and Jillian...You will be missed!! Such an amazing family, a true honor to be with you on your special day!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Allyson H

A truly beautiful venue! The lush green landscape gave us the perfect canvas on which to paint our day. The staff was warm, welcoming, professional, and organized. I highly recommend the coordinator packages. Brandy, my coordinator, orchestrated my entire day from start to... Read More finish and tended to every single detail. She was incredible and moved mountains for us. A perfect venue!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Lauren G

This venue is absolutely BREATHTAKING!! I loved every minute of my wedding here. The ceremony all the way done to the send off was just absolutely perfect. Even when a crazy rain storm came in during our cocktail hour the team and Mixon's got everything inside the pavilion and... Read More all my guests had a blast. No stress for the bride or groom at all! I would recommend always using Sheri as your day of coordinator she is wonderful and took care of everything! I would recommend Mixon's to anybody looking for an outdoor wedding space. It's magical!

2017-05-22T14:16:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren!! The Monsoon rainstorm didn't even stop this magical night!! Now this was a FUN night!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Brittani E

Mixon's was beautiful and fantastic for our 80 person wedding! Their wedding planner, Brandi was THE BEST!!! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

2017-05-18T07:05:46 Response from the vendor

AWWWWW thank you so much!! It was our pleasure to have you here! Yes, Brandy rocks!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Angela P

Mixon's was everything I could have dreamed of and more for a wedding venue. The grove is so magical, the Pavilion is beautiful with all of its twinkle lights, the gazebo is so romantic, the Farmhouse is a dream, it was just perfect. We had Brandy as our day of coordinator and... Read More she was AMAZING! Honestly the best money spent of anything for our wedding. If you are thinking of going it without a day of coordinator--don't! She made everything so easy for us, she took care of everything from helping to set up decorations to making sure everyone was in the right place at the right time. We didn't have to worry about a thing. She took care of it all and wen't above and beyond. Mixon's is like a fairytale wedding venue. Our photos came out stunning and all of our guests are still gushing over how beautiful everything was. If you plan to get married here I highly recommend renting the Farmhouse too. It is beautifully decorated (a great spot for photos) and it was so convenient to wake up there, get ready, and just head over to the Pavilion (on the same property) for the wedding. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Farmhouse and it was perfect. Overall this venue is truly a hidden gem and is so affordable for what you get, the value is unbeatable. We live in Tampa and chose this venue over any other place in the Tampa Bay area. We got married May 13th and it sprinkled a little bit but the rain made it even more romantic with a beautiful aesthetic for photos. And the best part is that once the sprinkling cleared there was a beautiful rainbow and we also got amazing sunset pictures. The sunsets here are better than any beach wedding sunset in my opinion. Highly recommended!

2017-05-17T07:11:13 Response from the vendor

What a special wedding this was, thank you Angela for the extra special review! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Alexis R

It was such a beautiful venue! The people I worked with at Mixon to make my wedding day happen were so wonderful and helpful!

2017-05-12T08:32:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! Amazing wedding!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 misty c

My Easter day wedding was absolutely stunning! Mixons was fabulous and i wouldn't change anything! Sheri the coordinator- i cant even put into words how grateful i am to her! she took my wedding dreams and made them a reality! please do not hesitate with this venue! you will... Read More not be disappointed!

2017-04-26T07:46:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Misty, my Easter this year was one to remember, thanks for sharing your day with me:)

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Lori D

Wow is all I can say for a place so quant and more than meets the eye! Charming and the INN at Mixons is a must stay but what made this wedding perfect for my bride was the staff at Mixons! From the bar going out of their way, to Sheri working non stop with me this past year... Read More going over contracts and several appts and even doing things outside of the box to appease and please us! Plus Brandi who was the onsite planner and hardworking, organized and had a blast with! I would hire her myself LOL. She helped in all areas where I couldn't see and we were a great fit. I so look forward on working with them again in the near future. Xo

2017-04-25T09:22:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!! Lori, we can't say enough how much we appreciate your kind works! You rock and cant wait to work together again:)

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Jocelyn B

Absolutely loved having our wedding at Mixon's! Beautiful, and affordable venue. Wonderful staff to work with!

2017-04-13T10:44:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! We appreciate your review!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Michelle S

Mixon fruit farms was a beautiful place for a wedding. Not much decoration is needed, but it is easy to make your wedding unique. I would definitely recommend Mixon's to anyone who is looking for a venue.

2017-04-07T07:42:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!! We appreciate you and glad you had fun!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Colleen O

We had our Wedding at Mixons on March 4th! Let me just start off by saying that I am so happy I chose to have my wedding here! From the very beginning Sheri was the most helpful person when it came to helping me plan my wedding! She is the most responsive and professional person... Read More that I know when it comes to weddings. We chose to have Brandy as our day of coordinator and let me just say that this service is the best money I spent throughout my entire wedding. My wedding could not of been perfect without her! She is so sweet and Made me not at all even feel the slightest bit of stressed! I cannot begin to thank the staff at Mixons enough for making my wedding the best day ever! My guests are still talking about how beautiful this venue is! I truly believe that this venue is the best hidden gem within all of Bradenton!

2017-04-07T07:43:22 Response from the vendor

AWWWW, brought tears to my eyes!! This is why we do what we do! This kind of response means the world to us! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!-Sheri

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Skylar P

I loved everything about this venue. First off, it's incredibly beautiful, quiet, and quaint, as so many of my guests mentioned also-a hidden gem, for sure! So many perfect places for photos. Second, the ladies at The Pavillion at Mixon's have thought of everything, from decor,... Read More to coordination, to vendors. Their organization helped me so much in planning and executing my wedding day. I would recommend getting a coordinator, even the limited package, as it saved me so many headaches. They really took care of everything, (set up, communicating with vendors, tear down, etc.) so much that I don't really feel anything went wrong on my wedding day, as many people warned might happen. It was perfect! Third, they are just the sweetest people. I really felt the warmth of their staff...they were always super responsive to answer emails quickly and so friendly. If I could do it all over again, I would still choose Mixon's!

2017-04-04T12:01:55 Response from the vendor

YES!!!! Thanks so much!! we loved you all and the pictures were to die for!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Mindy F

There are not enough positive adjectives I can use for the facility and staff at The Pavilion at Mixon Farms. The setting is indescribably beautiful--saves you tons of money trying to make the setting beautiful. It already is! But even more importantly, Sherri and Brandy... Read More were the consummate professionals--concerned with every detail, every request we made and went above and beyond to make our daughter's day (in her words) "more than I ever could have dreamed of." I am especially picky about details, but I met my match with Sherri and Brandi--they were so helpful and so cognizant of even the smallest of details.

2017-03-31T14:19:53 Response from the vendor

Well, this was by far one of the most fun weddings so far!! from our coordinator doing the ceremony because the officiant was late, to the bag pipes recessional!! It was truly a blast!! I can't say enough about this family!! What a joy!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Mindy F

2017-04-04T12:02:20 Response from the vendor

wahoo!!! Thanks so much!!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Samantha R

I got married at Mixon's on March 26th. The venue is absolutely breathtaking. I got SO many compliments from my guests! They also loved the lawn game area - I highly recommend adding this on (the price is VERY reasonable!). I also used the ultimate day of coordinator. I highly... Read More highly HIGHLY recommend this. Sheri is so on top of things and having her assistance was critical for making my day go smoothly. I'm so glad we found Mixon's and used it for our wedding.

2017-03-29T08:48:31 Response from the vendor

Samantha, your wedding was a dream and we were so honored to be a part of it!!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Alicia A

I was so impressed by the staff and beauty of the Pavilion at Mixons. Sheri and Brandy are an absolute rockstar team. They were so helpful and did everything in their power to make sure we had the perfect wedding day and it absolutely was. My family and I also stayed at the... Read More farmhouse and hosted our rehearsal dinner which was absolutely perfect. I wouldn't change 1 thing about our wedding. All of our guests were absolutely in love with the venue! Thank you for all that you guys did.

2017-03-01T09:18:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Alicia!! The wedding was so amazing and hope you enjoyed lodging at the Farmhouse Inn!! Looks like you all had the time of your life!! Thanks for choosing Mixon Farms!!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Amber B

Mixon's was the perfect venue for our wedding! We got so many compliments! Mixon's is such a beautiful venue that I only needed to use minimal decorations (although you could totally go all out if you wanted to as well). Aside from booking this venue, the best decision I made... Read More was using the day of coordinating service. Sheri is a joy to work with and I had zero stress on my wedding thanks to her. If there was anything to go wrong that day I did not hear about it! Highly recommend Mixon's and the day of coordinating! Also should mention the sunset toast, it was DELICIOUS! Love, Amber and Kevin Brewer

2017-02-08T07:26:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Amber and Kevin!! You all were so much fun, kept me laughing all day!! Awesome day, thanks for trusting us:) Sheri

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Arianna F

The venue is fantastic!! You can really make the place your own wedding dream if you have the right decorations. Brandy was the coordinator I "rented" from Mixon to help out that day. She is very organized and will make sure that you are relaxed the day of your wedding. The only... Read More problem I had with the venue was the cost. I had to put more than what the paper told me to rent the venue since they did not make it clear about bar options, paying the bartender 18%, etc. I just wish there was a chart with all the different options so you know how much to save in the end and won't be guessing how much is owed at the final meeting. I will recommend this place to any friends or family who want to throw a party or wedding!

2017-02-06T10:46:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the insight and we will look into making that as clear as possible for our future brides, as that is our main goal. As much information as possible:) Thanks for choosing Mixon's for your special day!! You were stunning and cant wait to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Kristin R

Amazing venue. Amazing staff. Amazing pictures. This place is top notch for a wedding venue and isn't a fortune. It's naturally pretty so you do not have to do a lot to make it memorable. The women who do the planning and coordinating are very professional, flexible,... Read More understanding, and nice. Best venue I could have chosen. The twinkle lights were awesome. I was able to keep wind out with the vinyl drop down sides. Loved it and my guests were all in awe at the beauty of the venue.

2017-01-25T09:56:24 Response from the vendor

Such a beautiful and sweet couple!! Thanks for choosing us!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Michele P

Mixon's in the Grove is the best venue hands down. From the day I toured the grounds I knew I wanted this to be the place my fiancé & I said "I DO" New Year's Eve 2016!! Sheri is amazing at her job & makes sure everything to your liking as a guest there. Brandy was my "day of"... Read More lady & I must say she went above & beyond what I thought she should be doing. just amazing ladies! I will definitely be stopping by to say hello from time to time.

Reviewed on 12/26/2016 Danya S

We had our wedding on December 17th and it was an absolutely beautiful day! All who were involved with planning helped make the day so PERFECT! We owe it to Brandy from Mixon's for making the ceremony and reception run so smoothly. All we can say is that she was on fire! She did... Read More everything she could to make sure it was the absolute best day for us. It is clear that she loves her job and goes above and beyond. The venue was stunning and everyone continues to rave about how wonderful the wedding was. Overall, Mixon's exceeded our expectations!

2016-12-27T08:25:31 Response from the vendor

AWESOME!!! Brandy is the best! Thanks for recognizing her as she does love what she does!! Glad everything was amazing, we loved having you all on the Farm:)

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Brittany T

We could not have found a more beautiful venue for our special day! Mixon's superceeded all of our dreams of a lush outdoor garden wedding reception. If you are looking for a stunning venue with all of the history and family run feel look no further!

2016-12-14T13:51:28 Response from the vendor

Thank You, it means so much that you all recognized us in this way!! Amazing wedding and amazing couple!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Karise H

Mixons in the Grove was a great choice to have our wedding and reception. The price you pay is affordable and it includes so much-chairs, tables, insurance...Not to mention the location (grounds) is beautiful. The service was phenominal and my day was filled with blessings. The... Read More onsite coordinator, Brandy, went out of their way to help make my wedding day something to remember. If you are looking for a ceremony/ reception venue...look no further...Mixons in the Grove is the spot.

2016-11-18T12:39:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the awesome review!! Yes, Brandy and our staff is amazing!! Glad they helped you with your dream wedding:)

Meet The Director of Marketing

Sheri Gooby

I have worked with the Mixon's for 6 years and consider them Family! We make memories at the farm and can't imagine being anywhere else. From sales and marketing, to coordinating and working with vendors. I am involved with every aspect of the wedding day. it is my honor to assist our brides every step of their journey with us. When you're with Mixon's, you're with family! Southern Hospitality and charm!