The Philadelphia Cricket Club

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

415 West Willow Grove Avenue, Philadelphia, PA

The Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Allie P

The Philadelphia Cricket Club helped make October 4th the best day of my life. Megan Freeman and Rose Dieffenbach were so accommodating in ensuring every detail was considered. They worked tirelessly to ensure the guests, wedding party, and myself and groom were having they... Read More best time. They were approachable and personable. The staff was so professional and provided the best service. The grounds and accommodations were beautiful. I would recommend the Philadelphia Cricket Club to anyone looking for a venue because they made our day perfect!!!

Mother of Bride

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

I am pleased to write this recommendation for the Philadelphia Cricket Club as an outstanding place to host a wedding. Megan Freeman and Rose Dieffenbach were incredibly attentive to every detail to ensure my daughter's wedding was a perfect day. And, it was. The venue is... Read More beautiful, the food and service were exceptional and the entire team worked perfectly together. Megan helped guide us through the planning process and was always available and responsive. The staff was very positive and went out of their way to anticipate our requests and/or needs. It was absolutely a pleasure to have the wedding there. I do not think there is a more beautiful setting or a better team. I highly recommend the Philadelphia Cricket Club.

The perfect wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 christine c

Our wedding at the Philadelphia Cricket Club was absolutely perfect. It was a dream working with the coordinator, Megan and everyone else who worked at the Cricket Club. The service was amazing. They made everything so easy for us and were accessible during the entire planning... Read More process and especially on the wedding day. Megan really helped make our dream day a reality. We had our ceremony at the PCC as well outside and it was the perfect setting. I have no complaints at all, it was truly an amazing day.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Mitzi C

Allie, Patrick, Megan and the entire staff are to be complimented on the outstanding service, food, cooperation and overall experience we had at the Phildelphia Cricket Club for our daughter's wedding this past weekend. The food was outstanding--just as we received at our... Read More tasting which is not always the case when the banquet service actually happens---we had many, many compliments on the venue from all aspects (beauty, service, quality, etc.) If I had one suggestion , it would be that some of the carpets, especially in the cocktail rooms, need either a good cleaning or to be replaced. I also noticed some of the light fixtures haven't been cleaned in a long time. I am sure none of the guests noticed these things. Otherwise, it was perfect and met my daughter's expectations and vision. The bar selections even at the base level are very adequate. Another feature that we liked and never received at our other wedding venues(we have had 3 others) is that there is reduced cost for guests ages 12-20---since they do not get alcohol. That is nice especially if you have a lot of family members attending in that teen age group. We would highly recommend PCC--it was a great event and we had a great time.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Meghan A

Our wedding at the Philadelphia Cricket Club was perfect! The ballroom is stunning, and Megan made sure it looked exactly as we wanted that day. Megan is incredible and made everything easy and stress-free for us. The other staff were kind and attentive as well. Lastly, the food... Read More was delicious!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Jaclene J

Amazing! My husband and I had our wedding reception at PCC on August, 27 2016. It was absolutely flawless, all thanks to the team at the venue. We live in Georgia, and Allie & Megan made planning a wedding from a far much easier than we could have ever imagined. This place... Read More will always have a special place in our hearts. It truly was the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Meghan R

We were so pleased with the Cricket Club as our venue for our wedding ceremony and reception, and have only heard glowing reviews from our family and friends who were in attendance. Our event coordinator was so patient and responsive with us throughout the whole process. Not to... Read More mention, the whole team on the night of the wedding was amazing! The Cricket Club is a charming, historical venue, and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Sandie S

My husband and I recently got married at The Philadelphia Cricket Club @ St.Martens and it was everything we imaged it to be. Our coordinator Allie was a very great help to us. Especially on our last week of the wedding. Allie responded to all my emails very quickly and assured... Read More me that everything was going to go smoothly... and she was right! Everything went so smoothly I have ZERO complaints. Venue was amazing, and the entire staff was amazing.. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016

Great experience. Megan was great and easy to work with. Everyone at our wedding loved the venue. What a great find!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016

Our daughter and son-in-law had their reception on April 9 at the Cricket Club. It was spectacular. Megan and Rose took care of every detail, there was nothing to worry about. Everything was top notch, and our guests are still raving that it was the Best Wedding Ever! I... Read More sometimes plan corporate events for my job - so I am used to looking at little details. There was not a single thing that I would have changed. We all truly relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. The Club is stately and historic- everything you want for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Jocelyn T

Married at PCC on January 2, 2016. We had the club leave up Christmas decorations and the room has a soft glow when the lights come down. It was a formal wedding and the phrase I heard most people use was "old world feel." We had 150 or so in attendance and could have... Read More comfortably fit well above that amount. Megan was our point of contact and was, most importantly, highly responsive throughout the time period and transparent about everything. She also doubled as a “lite” wedding planner and helped us think through everything from interacting with and suggesting vendors (who also responded that PCC made things easy) to helping put out some little items on tables the day of. And for those thinking about the same thing, it was extremely and seamless to bus folks in from Rittenhouse.

Reviewed on 2/08/2016 Ali B

The Cricket Club was an awesome venue for a wedding! It is located on gorgeous grounds, outside of the city, but in the most charming town of Chestnut Hill. The club is traditional & beautiful & the staff is AMAZING. They were beyond accommodating to me & all of our guests.... Read More Megan & Rose helped to plan the big day day & were incredibly organized, professional & helpful. They made me feel calm & made sure that all the details were addressed ahead of the big day. I highly recommend have a wedding reception here!

Exceptional!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015

The Philadelphia Cricket Club is a truly beautiful, timeless, and elegant venue, and we couldn't have imagined a better setting for this once in a lifetime occasion. Our wedding day was unquestionably the best day of our lives, thanks to the spectacular beauty of the venue, the... Read More delicious food, and the highly professional staff, led by the fantastic Megan Freeman. She was an absolute pleasure to work with, from the early stages of planning, to our food tasting, and finally to the day of our event. She quickly responded to my many emails, and made it clear that she was always available to answer my questions. Megan and the staff truly went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. When our shuttle failed to pick up guests from a nearby hotel, several staff members actually volunteered to pick up the guests in their own personal cars so that our ceremony could start with everyone present! Our guests were highly complimentary of and impressed by the venue, food, and friendly staff. Thank you for giving us the wedding of our dreams! We are so thrilled that we chose the Philadelphia Cricket Club!

My Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kathleen T

The Cricket Club was the perfect setting for our wedding this past Saturday! I cannot say enough nice things about Megan and the team that worked the event. Everyone was very accommodating and helped personalize our menu to meet our budget. The staff was polite, welcoming, and... Read More super attentive the entire night The venue itself is beautiful and made a lovely backdrop for photos. Our guests have not stopped talking about how wonderful the entire evening was! I would recommend The Philadelphia Cricket Club to anyone searching for a reception venue.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Caroline B

The PCC was the perfect place for our wedding reception. Megan and Rose were great to work with - very accommodating and friendly throughout the entire process. They made the night completely stress-free. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the room was, and it... Read More made for the perfect night!

The best wedding venue!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Katie B

We were married at the Philadelphia Cricket Club in July 2015 and had a wonderful experience. After visiting numerous venues in the Philadelphia area, we fell in love with the PCC. The venue has so much historic charm and was definitely not one of those cliche ballrooms! Our day... Read More went so seamlessly. From our "first look" and pictures before the wedding to the last dance of the night, everything was perfect! Megan was so helpful and accommodating throughout the entire planning process. The food was delicious and multiple people commented on how nicely the steak was cooked. We could not ask for a better wedding day...we honestly have no complaints! Highly recommend!

Stunning Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

An architecturally stunning venue with a variety of indoor and outdoor space to accommodate your wedding needs. A beautiful backdrop for a day you want to remember forever. Megan worked with us on several unique details to include a groom's cake made of cheese wheels. Every... Read More idea we had was greeted with enthusiasm and a can do attitude including the customization to the reception menu.

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

My daughter had her wedding reception at the Philadelphia Cricket Club - a venue with so much character and history. Megan and her team were phenomenal from planning through the day of the wedding which was very important to me since, what could have been a difficult day since... Read More we had recently lost her dad, turned out beautifully. The food was delicious and the day flowed very smoothly from beginning to end. We had many guests from out of the area and in fact, out of the country, and everyone could not say enough about how perfect everything was. It was a beautiful way for the kids to start their lives together.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Christine T

As soon as we visited the Philadelphia Cricket Club, we knew this was where we wanted to have our reception. It was the first venue that we looked at, and nothing we saw after this could compare. We loved everything from the beautiful buildings to the gorgeous grounds. Our... Read More pictures turned out fantastic, and it was the perfect backdrop for our day. Additionally, Megan and her team were great to work with and extremely professional. They were always prompt in answering any questions, no matter how insignificant they may have seemed. Megan also was always willing to let us stop by to show different family members the venue, and plan things out with our parents and other vendors. She had great suggestions for us, and was able to work through changes on the day of without any problems- which helped to keep everyone calm and at ease. The food was delicious and we received many compliments from guests. All of the coordination the day of was perfect! All staff members working at the PCC the day of made us feel so special, and were great to all of our guests. Our day was wonderful and we will remember it forever. You will certainly not be disappointed with your wedding at the PCC.

Pure magic in every way

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Lydia M

When it came time to choose a location for our wedding, the list began and ended with the Philadelphia Cricket Club. Not only does my family have deep ties to Philadelphia, but the Cricket Club has been a recurring venue for special occasions throughout the generations! Megan... Read More Freeman was a star! From day-one she handled all the logistics of planning and organizing seamlessly and efficiently! One of the most important things for us, as my entire family was planning from out-of-state, was to feel comfortable handing over the reins. Especially for my parents, Megan's confidence, patience, and experience really made my entire family feel at ease. Another benefit, which we had not anticipated, was their Club's familiarity with all of our other vendors and vice versa - working with seasoned professionals really made a huge difference! I would wholeheartedly recommend this venue to family and friends. The food, ambiance, staff and service was above and beyond. I can't say enough for the entire team who helped make our wedding day what it was! Six months later and friends are still raving about how beautiful the venue was!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015

Megan and team did an amazing job planning and e exciting our wedding. Everything ran on time, smootly and they were accommodating to day of changes. Thanks for helping to make our day one to remember for not only us but our guests too!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Katie B

Fabulous

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Jennifer M

Megan, Leah and the whole team were absolutely fabulous throughout the whole process. When ever an issue came up, they found a way to fix it and make it better than before. The day ran seamlessly and only later did I hear about fires that were put out without even saying a... Read More peep to me (just how I wanted it!). Everyone raved about how smoothly it ran and I felt the same way. Thanks everyone!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Maggie

When we first visited the Philadelphia Cricket we completely fell in love. We fell in love with the grounds and the ball room, we fell in love with EVERYTHING they had to offer. Megan and Rose were very informative and gave us many options to make our day the best day of our... Read More lives. They made Dane and I always feel welcomed, always had time for our calls and emails and was never EVER bothered if we called even with silly questions. They made me feel like the most important and beautiful bride and made our special day everything we dreamed it would be. Everyone at PCC is very detail oriented and truly cares enough to make your special day perfect. Their chef is fantastic! He made our requests a reality and everything was perfect from the cocktail hour right down to the last desert! Our entire day had NO issues or glitches, and if there were any, we were not bothered with them. If you are looking for a venue and are in between this place and some other, please read this and know it comes from the bottom of our hearts. The PCC staff is beyond welcoming and excellent to work with... you will NOT be disappointed booking your special day with them!!!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 12/06/2014 Alyssa S

Of all the decisions I questioned throughout my engagement the venue was never one of them. The Philadelphia Cricket Club is beautiful, timeless, and classy. The venue is gorgeous in its own and doesn't need much decorating, the staff is truly amazing, and the food was... Read More delicious! My wedding day was stress free and everything came out exactly how I pictured it in my head, Megan and Rose were amazing! Every little detail happened just as I wanted and I can honestly say I would not have changed a thing. I received a ton of compliments on how beautiful the venue was, and honestly it was really affordable. I definitely suggest you to check out the Philadelphia Cricket Club for your wedding!! You won't be disappointed!