The Philadelphia Cricket Club

Philadelphia, PA

Book Your Wedding with The Philadelphia Cricket Club

A COUNTRY CLUB IN PHILADELPHIA, PA

Couples looking for a sophisticated event space with elegance and English charm should look no further than The Philadelphia Cricket Club. This venue is the oldest operating country club in the United States and is the epitome of elite and classy with its classic architecture and private club feel.

Choose to get married at a local church and celebrate your nuptials at a reception in the ballroom or St Martins Clubhouse or get married on the beautifully manicured golf course or lawn before heading inside. The ballroom can seat up to 250 guests and is a stately space with arches, high vaulted ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows that flood the space with natural light and creates an ethereal glow at sunset. The dance floor is hard wood and the cuisine is prepared fresh by the club’s employed chef. Couples can host 325 guests if choosing an outdoor space for their ceremony and reception.

The event staff at Philadelphia Cricket Club pride themselves on being able to create a formal event that couples and guests will remember for a lifetime. There are several spaces on the property to get amazing photographs in front of historic and natural backdrops. All catering and alcohol must be provided by the club and minimum catering orders apply. Couples can choose any professional bakery or may use our on-premise pastry chef for a custom designed wedding cake and the event staff can help with arranging tastings and give great recommendations. All packages for catering include tables, chairs, dinnerware, linens, wait staff, cake cutting and service and champagne toast or signature cocktail with open bar.

• Setup and cleanup are is provided in wedding packages
  • Dinner menus can be upgraded to include wine table service
  • The pastry chef will design family style mini desserts to be served at every table to accompany the wedding cake with coffee and herbal tea
  • For indoor ceremonies, a backdrop of ivory or white linens are provided
  • Rehearsal dinners and post wedding day brunches can be arranged and catered
  • The catering director can design and set up a candy bar or other specialty dessert stations

• Customized food and wine tasting included
  • Only hold one wedding per day, so we can give you the individual attention you deserve
  • Coat room attendants from October through March and valet parking year round are complimentary with all wedding packages
  • Shuttle service can be arranged to and from local hotels
  • Bridal suites are provided

The Philadelphia Cricket Club

We are the oldest operating private country club in the nation and pride ourselves on being a premier historical location. The Philadelphia Cricket Club offers superb cuisine, extraordinary service and personal attention. Our "Great Lawn" provides a unique setting in the heart of Chestnut Hill.

• Outdoor - Covered

Country Club, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100

415 West Willow Grove Avenue, Philadelphia, PA (215) 247-6001

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Carol K

"Magical" is the adjective I use to describe our daughter's wedding at the Philadelphia Cricket Club November 12, 2016! The wedding was so beautiful and elegant- it still brings tears to my eyes thinking back on how extraordinarily beautiful it all was! I, the mother of the... Read More bride, was the "wedding planner". Working with Megan (and, Allie), was a joy. I really "enjoyed the journey" of planning this wonderful wedding. Megan is exceptional at what she does -orchestrating every detail! I knew she had everything under control, so I had no worries. From Chef Ben ( those duck meatballs!!), Britt, Patrick and all "the team", a very special, sincere, thank you! You all were so courteous, kind, attentive and professional. We received glowing remarks from our guests! Everyone had a such a great time! The food - fabulous! It truly was a very special wedding day. I couldn't have asked for anything more! My cup runneth over....! Sent from my iPad

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rachel S

We were married at the PCC on 6/25. It was absolutely incredible and we could not have asked for a better venue or team to work with. Megan was amazing!!! She anticipated and addressed all of our questions/needs before we could even ask!! Katie designed the perfect cake for us... Read More and worked with the florist to incorporate our wedding flowers into the design. Everything was fluid and PERFECT!! I was amazed at how easy Megan made the planning process. Thank you PCC!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Michelle K

The venue is beautiful and the staff was outstanding. We had our daughter's wedding here. It was a wonderful experience. All our guests raved about how elegant the reception was.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Lauren I

Our wedding at PCC in June was perfect! From the start of our wedding planning a year prior, through the end of our big day, Megan was consistently helpful, responsive, and confident in her role which gave us assurance all would be smooth. Megan always clearly answered our... Read More questions and worked with us to plan an amazing wedding. We cannot thank her enough for all that she and the wedding staff did for us on our wedding day and leading up to it. The food was amazing, the tables/decor set up was beautiful, and the timing was so smooth. Our guests continue to tell us how amazing our wedding was. Our photos outside on the beautiful green grass turned out perfect. I did not have a single worry or concern on the big day and was able to relax and have fun the entire time. We are so incredibly happy with how the whole day went down. Everything was perfect and we had a total blast!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Caitlin C

We couldn't be happier with our decision to have our wedding at the Cricket Club this past May. Megan and Allie worked with us to make sure our day was exactly what we envisioned, and it really turned out perfectly. The venue itself is beautiful - very classic and timeless. The... Read More staff was wonderful and bent over backwards to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and had everything we needed. The food was great- I know a lot of times wedding food is disappointing, but that wasn't the case here - the appetizers and entrees were delicious, and everyone loved the pastry trays at the tables. Our guests are still raving about what a great time they had and we have the Cricket Club to thank for that!

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Keelin B

We got married at PCC on December 10, 2016. When we were first looking at venues, as soon as we stepped into PCC, I knew it was "the one." It had so much character, two large rooms for cocktail hour, great flow, and a huge ballroom, perfect for dancing the night away. We had 200... Read More people in attendance and fit very comfortably. Megan was our point of contact and was extremely helpful and highly responsive throughout the planning process. She is top-notch and went above and beyond on our wedding day to make sure we were stress-free and that everything ran seamlessly. I highly recommended Megan and PCC for your wedding venue! It was the perfect choice for our wedding!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 alice m

Philadelphia Cricket Club provided the perfect venue for our daughters magical New Years Eve wedding reception! The Club was still decorated for the holidays and looked like a Pottery Barn catalog! Megan, the banquet manager, was very professional yet warm and a pleasure to work... Read More with. Our guests were treated to delicious food and wonderful service. Every detail was taken care of, down to finding the mother of the bride's diamond hoop earring! Thanks to everyone for an amazing wedding reception.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Marissa C

I'm not quite sure what it is about the Cricket Club - but it is special. It is definitely not your typical country club. From the patio overlooking the cricket courts to the hardwood, domed ceiling ballroom - this venue takes your breath away. This venue has so many unique... Read More features about it, you will never feel like you are at a country club. The help you receive from Megan/Allie is amazing as well. I initially was working with Megan but she went on maternity leave a month before the wedding day. Allie stepped in and it was like Megan never left. They both are so detail oriented and will keep everything together for you - because in the craziness of it all, you will eventually forget about something. They were so great working with us to help make our day uniquely ours. They were always available, almost immediately, to meet in person if needed. Immediate responses to any email sent - they are both amazing. Our day went so smoothly and Allie played a huge part in making sure everything was perfect. The rest of the staff was so friendly and helpful throughout the day. This is a wonderful venue for your special day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kyra M

We loved the Cricket Club! We thought that we could not have everything that we wanted for our wedding day and stay within budget, but PCC surprised us :). They worked with us & helped us figure out how to make it work- so refreshing after hearing from so many venues that their... Read More packages are very firm/not negotiable at all. We had a beautiful reception (several guests said that is was the best wedding they've ever been to) and the PCC staff were all wonderful. I'm the youngest of 5 girls. My family thought we knew the wedding industry well- but there was still more to learn. So glad we chose the Cricket Club!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Christina R

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at PCC and we can not thank them enough for all that they did to make our day so special!! Megan and Allie helped me every step of the way in planning my wedding and executed every detail to perfection. They both were so... Read More accommodating and such a joy to work with I couldn't have imagined planning my day with anyone else! Working with Katie to design my dream wedding cake was equally as stress-free and enjoyable. She worked me and my ideas and the end result was a cake that was as delicious as it was beautiful! Patrick, Brit and team made my guests feel so comfortable and attended to their every need. I am still receiving compliments on how good the food tasted ("wedding food that didn't taste like wedding food") and how amazing the service was to everyone. It was love at first sight when I saw the venue, from their theater lights in the ballroom to the pristine greens, the charm did not fail on our day. PCC allowed my family and I to really enjoy the day / night without any worry. They are true professionals in their craft and know what they're doing. I would recommend them to anyone of my friends! They will love them!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Joyce W

As the mother of a September bride, I want to thank the PCC for making my daughter and son-in-law's wedding and reception so very special. The PCC is the perfect venue for a wedding. Allie was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. She was so nice and patient... Read More and organized. Allie, Patrick and all of their staff deserve the highest praise for doing such an amazing job! They coordinated with our vendors and kept the wedding day running smoothly. The food was delicious. We received so many compliments on how everything was done to perfection. Katie made a beautiful cake and cupcakes that tasted amazing. She even decorated the top of the cake with flowers from our florist-so pretty! Oh, and Katie's pastries are so yummy. She was so helpful and sweet. The PCC went above and beyond our expectations, and I would recommend it to everyone as "The" place for a perfect wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kerry N

Our wedding was a dream come true! We worked with Megan for the first few months leading up to the wedding, and Allie and Patrick executed every detail to perfection. Despite having rainy conditions, our guests absolutely loved the outdoor setup for cocktail hour followed by... Read More a ballroom with character and charm unsurpassed by anything in the Philadelphia area. Our guests continue to compliment us on the food and ambiance- must have Chef Ben's fried chicken sliders for cocktail hour! I would recommend any couple looking for an elegant setting with charm and beautiful grounds to visit PCC.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Jacqui S

Megan and her crew came to the rescue when we had an issue with our original venue. In just three months they helped us put together a customized menu, seating plan, and the most beautiful wedding ever. I can't say enough about how professional and great everyone was to work... Read More with.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

My daughter's wedding last weekend was perfect and beautiful! Allie Menna, along with her staff, was professional and very attentive. Allie was always available during the planning. She and her staff were by our side the entire day. The venue is beautiful and the food... Read More delicious!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Kimberly M

A day that I thought would have been stressful was perfect and flawless that thanks to Allie Menna and the staff at The Philadelphia Cricket Club. Words can not express how thankful we are for all your time and thought you put into our special day. Every Bride needs a... Read More coordinator that is responsive, reliable, understanding, determined and makes you feel like it is all about you on the best day of your life and Allie did just that. If I could have done it all over again I wouldn't of had it any other way. I would recommend The Philadelphia Cricket Club to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Mitzi C

Allie, Patrick, Megan and the entire staff are to be complimented on the outstanding service, food, cooperation and overall experience we had at the Phildelphia Cricket Club for our daughter's wedding this past weekend. The food was outstanding--just as we received at our... Read More tasting which is not always the case when the banquet service actually happens---we had many, many compliments on the venue from all aspects (beauty, service, quality, etc.) If I had one suggestion , it would be that some of the carpets, especially in the cocktail rooms, need either a good cleaning or to be replaced. I also noticed some of the light fixtures haven't been cleaned in a long time. I am sure none of the guests noticed these things. Otherwise, it was perfect and met my daughter's expectations and vision. The bar selections even at the base level are very adequate. Another feature that we liked and never received at our other wedding venues(we have had 3 others) is that there is reduced cost for guests ages 12-20---since they do not get alcohol. That is nice especially if you have a lot of family members attending in that teen age group. We would highly recommend PCC--it was a great event and we had a great time.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Meghan A

Our wedding at the Philadelphia Cricket Club was perfect! The ballroom is stunning, and Megan made sure it looked exactly as we wanted that day. Megan is incredible and made everything easy and stress-free for us. The other staff were kind and attentive as well. Lastly, the food... Read More was delicious!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Jaclene J

Amazing! My husband and I had our wedding reception at PCC on August, 27 2016. It was absolutely flawless, all thanks to the team at the venue. We live in Georgia, and Allie & Megan made planning a wedding from a far much easier than we could have ever imagined. This place... Read More will always have a special place in our hearts. It truly was the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Meghan R

We were so pleased with the Cricket Club as our venue for our wedding ceremony and reception, and have only heard glowing reviews from our family and friends who were in attendance. Our event coordinator was so patient and responsive with us throughout the whole process. Not to... Read More mention, the whole team on the night of the wedding was amazing! The Cricket Club is a charming, historical venue, and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Sandie S

My husband and I recently got married at The Philadelphia Cricket Club @ St.Martens and it was everything we imaged it to be. Our coordinator Allie was a very great help to us. Especially on our last week of the wedding. Allie responded to all my emails very quickly and assured... Read More me that everything was going to go smoothly... and she was right! Everything went so smoothly I have ZERO complaints. Venue was amazing, and the entire staff was amazing.. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016

Great experience. Megan was great and easy to work with. Everyone at our wedding loved the venue. What a great find!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Jami L

We got married on NYE at the Cricket club and had such a great experience. The CC went above and beyond to help us customize our special day - from folding napkins into bows to customizing our desert and setting up a midnight snack! We had the ceremony and reception in the... Read More ballroom and the flip seemed effortless. Looking back there's not one thing about the CC I would have changed!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016

Our daughter and son-in-law had their reception on April 9 at the Cricket Club. It was spectacular. Megan and Rose took care of every detail, there was nothing to worry about. Everything was top notch, and our guests are still raving that it was the Best Wedding Ever! I... Read More sometimes plan corporate events for my job - so I am used to looking at little details. There was not a single thing that I would have changed. We all truly relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. The Club is stately and historic- everything you want for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Jocelyn T

Married at PCC on January 2, 2016. We had the club leave up Christmas decorations and the room has a soft glow when the lights come down. It was a formal wedding and the phrase I heard most people use was "old world feel." We had 150 or so in attendance and could have... Read More comfortably fit well above that amount. Megan was our point of contact and was, most importantly, highly responsive throughout the time period and transparent about everything. She also doubled as a “lite” wedding planner and helped us think through everything from interacting with and suggesting vendors (who also responded that PCC made things easy) to helping put out some little items on tables the day of. And for those thinking about the same thing, it was extremely and seamless to bus folks in from Rittenhouse.

Reviewed on 2/08/2016 Ali B

The Cricket Club was an awesome venue for a wedding! It is located on gorgeous grounds, outside of the city, but in the most charming town of Chestnut Hill. The club is traditional & beautiful & the staff is AMAZING. They were beyond accommodating to me & all of our guests.... Read More Megan & Rose helped to plan the big day day & were incredibly organized, professional & helpful. They made me feel calm & made sure that all the details were addressed ahead of the big day. I highly recommend have a wedding reception here!