Book Your Wedding with The Pinery at The Hill

A BALLROOM IN COLORADO SPRINGS, CO

The Sweet Water Chapel. With room to accommodate up to 200 guests, the Sweet Water Chapel offers breathtaking views of Pikes Peak. Attractive features that add to the character of the space include wrought-iron chandeliers, an abundance of natural light and wide-plank hardwood flooring.

The Veranda. Couples with a guest list of 100 or less enjoy an alfresco celebration on the Veranda. Features include sweeping city and mountain views, rustic wrought iron and stonework and a magnificent outdoor fireplace.

The Cascade Ballroom. Featuring 2,500 square feet, the Cascade Ballroom sits up to 225 guests. Striking features include airy windows, coffered ceilings, wrought-iron chandeliers, wide-plank wood floors and a grand staircase.

The Bella Vista Ballroom and Terrace. Featuring 1,500 square feet of event space, the Bella Vista Ballroom and Terrace accommodate up to 200 guests. Highlights include floor-to-ceiling windows, elegant carpeting, dark wood paneling and romantic light fixtures. Guests enjoy fresh air and panoramic views of the surrounding area from the adjacent terrace.

In the search for a celebration space, spouses-to-be can hold the Pinery at the Hill for 14 days. Afterward, they must sign a rental contract and pay a non-refundable deposit to secure the facility.

Couples can choose between the Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum wedding packages. Each package offers differing prices, amenities, venues and cuisine, and there is an array of alcohol packages available. While the Copper package comes with four hours of celebration time, the remaining packages come with a five-hour celebration window. Couples who choose to have their ceremony off-site receive a discount in any package price. Bringing in a live band is an option, but the Pinery at the Hill's entertainment director must be on-site to help with any potential audiovisual issues.

All food and beverages must be provided by The Pinery at the Hill, and wedding cakes must be ordered through The Pinery Bake Shop. All wedding cuisine is prepared in the executive kitchen on site. The Pinery at the Hill culinary team believes in the old adage that "people eat with their eyes." Not only is the food delicious, but also each dish is beautifully presented, from crispy orange duck wings to grilled filet of beef. The addition of prompt, friendly service helps to make wedding celebrations memorable.

The Pinery at the Hill provides ceremonial supplies, like alters, aisle runners, aisle markers and chair covers in addition to reception items like tables, chairs, linens, china, flatware, glassware and barware. Parties may not glue, nail or tape decorations to the walls, floors, ceilings or furniture. Decorative votive candles require a holder or container, and tapered candles must be dripless. The site does not allow rice, birdseed, glitter, confetti or sparklers.

In the hunt for a wedding venue, all engaged couples appreciate extra amenities. All wedding packages at The Pinery at the Hill include:

• An on-site event coordinator
  • Roomy and elegant dressing areas for the bride and groom
  • A professional DJ and use of the venue's hi-tech light and sound system
  • An option for dogs to participate in the ceremony with a designated caretaker
  • Event setup and cleanup
  • A list of preferred vendors in the area

Brand New All Inclusive Wedding Venue

The Pinery is southern Colorado's only award winning, all inclusive wedding and special events venue. The Pinery at The Hill is a persistently first-class, resort-style facility, with Tuscan-style architecture and state-of-the-art amenities.

Ballroom, Hotel, Mountain

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

775 West Bijou Street, Colorado Springs, CO (719) 634-7772
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Diana M

The Pinery at the Hill is an amazing place to have a wedding. For starters, the ceremony is typically held in the Sweet Water Chapel. Liese Butler, Pinery's amazing florist, turned the lackluster room into a real masterpiece (the Sweet Water Chapel is the only 'lackluster'... Read More room, everything else is absolutely beautiful). There is a whole wall of windows that open into the chapel and a view of the mountains from here. Liese set up a floral and fabric arch and used our centerpieces to line the aisle (she later moved them back to the table so we could maximize our florist budget!) The cocktail hour is held in the reception room and/or on the veranda. All our guests were amazed at the mountain views from the veranda. They can light the fireplace per your request and it makes for a really cool vibe in the fall. The bartenders helped us organize and execute "signature cocktails" including a New York Sour, Moscow Mule, Fall Sangria, and a Manhattan that were each given cute names. The cocktail crab cakes are OFF THE CHAIN. The DJ is super helpful through this entire time, playing music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner and making announcements during the grand entrances (we had a band). The food is pretty good. Go for the ribeye, not the filet! The salmon is the most popular, but I never got around to trying that one. There are tons of add ons you can do (seafood stations, meat cutting stations), but they add up pretty quickly. We did the top level photo booth package. The picture quality was just OK but the DJ put together a really cute label for us and they brought a ton of props. They are pretty flexible, they printed two copies (one for our guest book, another for the guest). The bridal and groom suites are amazing! You can have them pretty much all day, and the bridal suite appears to be modeled after Tiffany & Co. with the light teal walls, silvers and crystal. There's a steamer in the room for you and the girls. Our hair and makeup team came up and got ready right there. Ashley, one of the Pinery's coordinators, comes with the wedding package and is there the whole time to answer questions in the months coming to the wedding and on the wedding day. She is such a great, understanding, person to work with. She coordinated with vendors, led our rehearsal session the day prior, answered all of our questions, and gave good suggestions to make sure our day was tailored to us. Best of: it's a package deal, so you purchase a wedding package at the Pinery and it comes with a DJ, florist/decorator, caterer, cake maker, and staff. They took care of all the rentals (linens, glasses, chargers, flatware). You can personalize your options through each vendor (for instance, we didn't have a cake so the baker made us an amazing dessert bar). Could improve: there is little room to make substitutions for booze, food, etc. nothing is swappable, every thing is an extra cost. Because it is a package deal, the tipping situation is odd/unclear. There is a 22% service charge (which is about standard), but it was kind of unclear where this money went to, some people expect tips whereas others are mainly taken care of by the package/venue. It would be great to see more of an expansion on included (or discounted) vendors to minimize the planning even more (limos, shuttles), but altogether the planning was super stress-free.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Ashley L

The Pinery at the Hill was an outstanding venue to work with. I grew up in Colorado Springs but I was planning my wedding from out of state. The Pinery provides an event coordinator, which allowed me to seamlessly piece together my wedding at a distance. I made one trip to... Read More Colorado Springs prior to my wedding and the chef, florist, cake decorator and DJ were all able to meet with me on the same day. The follow-up meetings were all done through email and Skype. Overall, everyone was extremely professional, creative and very conscientious of staying within my budget. Venue- I wanted to pick a venue that showed off the beauty of my hometown, since we had guests coming from all over the world. The Pinery is elegantly designed with views of downtown Colorado Springs, Cheyenne Mountain and Pikes Peak. It was wonderful getting ready, married and hosting the reception all in one location. There are multiple rooms for the different activities so guests experience plenty of variety. Many out-of-town guests appreciated not having to drive to a separate reception hall. In total I had around 140 guests and they comfortably filled the space. Cost- The Pinery offers multiple all-inclusive packages, which allowed me to tailor the wedding to my needs. I ultimately chose a Sunday wedding to push my savings further. It was much easier for me to have one contract for all my vendors (minus the photographer). Though prices might seem high at first, when I started looking at the line items I realized the Pinery is truly a great value. They are very up front about charges and never pushed me to spend more than I wanted. Service- Everyone I worked with was so polite and genuinely wanted to make my day perfect. The florist and cake decorator have plenty of ideas and pictures. On the day of the event everything ran smoothly thanks to my coordinator and the hard work of the other vendors. I could focus on the excitement of getting married and enjoying time with my friends and family, because I knew they were taking care of all the details behind the scene. Food/Drink- There is no shortage of great food options at the Pinery. At my tasting it was hard to narrow down our selections because everything I sampled was delicious. I was relieved they didn't prepare the standard, bland fare that is too common at big wedding venues. The Pinery was also accommodating for 2 of my guests with severe food allergies. My package included an open bar and a champagne toast. As a bride and groom, we were able to sit and enjoy a full dinner. Our coordinator also made sure we had our desired cocktails throughout the reception- a nice touch! Music/Atmosphere- Even though I had a Sunday wedding it still felt like a giant party. The DJ was amazing and read the crowd well. He respected my wishes to avoid songs like the chicken dance or electric slide. He had a large library of classical music, which was helpful when I had to pick songs for the ceremony, dinner time and other "quieter" times. I received ample feedback from guests the most fun they ever had at a wedding. I would recommend the Pinery to anyone looking for an affordable yet sophisticated wedding in Colorado!

Tara

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Tara S

We had the BEST experience with The Pinery. I was planning my wedding from out of state, so I was a little nervous when the planning started. I mostly worked with Maggie, and she was wonderful. She answered every e-mail I sent quickly. Everyone was very nice to work with. I... Read More really didn't even stress over the wedding itself at all. I knew that everything was being handled. The day of the wedding was perfect. Maggie and the rest of the Pinery staff handled everything for me. It was beautiful! I highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Nichole W

My now husband initially found this venue online. They of course were booked out 9+ months w/ only one weekend available. We made an appointment quickly and were able to visit the venue. We knew this venue was perfect for us even as we walked in the door. We met Mackenzie (our... Read More event coordinator) and she walked us through every step of the process. We really liked that the ceremony and reception room are in the same location (convenient for guests). Mackenzie was available via email throughout our wedding planning process. We met with her once more along with Liese who helped with décor, flowers etc. She was absolutely wonderful and helped with every little detail to help make our wedding day amazing. We also met with our cake baker/decorator and they helped us design the cake of our dreams. Lastly we met with Karson our DJ for the wedding. He was absolutely amazing and kept our guests on the dance floor all night. The bridal suite has amazing space and lighting for makeup, hair and pictures. Our wedding we spectacular in every possible way and it was made possible by The Pinery at the Hill. Overall our experience was amazing. We will be returning yearly on our anniversary for years to come :) Thanks again Mackenzie for putting up with alllll my emails. :) Nichole & John Paul Thibodeaux August 26, 2017

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Melissa R

Our guests raved about the views, the food, and how smoothly everything went. The venue is aboslutly beautiful inside and out. The staff is amazing (thank you Michelle for everything!) and everything ran perfectly! Thank you so much, you made my day so special. I would recommend... Read More The Pinery to anyone getting married and wanting a stress free day!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Jaime V

Hands down The Pinery exceeded every expectation on our wedding day. Mackenzie Maltby, the wedding coordinator, was incredible and had every single detail taken care of. Every part of our day from the excellent food, beautiful flowers, amazing and delicious cake, the awesome... Read More DJ, and the wonderful event staff was incredible. We are STILL getting compliments about how wonderful the day was two months later. I HIGHLY recommend The Pinery for your wedding. It was the best choice we could have made. Thanks again to the wonderful Pinery staff y'all made our special day perfect!

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Danielle W

We hosted our August wedding here, and planned the entire event from another state. The views of the mountains are spectacular thanks to the windows that align the exterior walls. The entrance is grand and the reception space is easily adjustable to fit any color palette you may... Read More desire. The chef and food were fantastic. The florist was so accomodating and worked hard to make my vision come to life. The pastry chef initially struck a negative cord with us but provided superb customer service recovery and made us the most gorgeous wedding cake! They were even able to make our favorite imported alcohol choice available per our request. Our issues were with the financial team for constantly making mistakes on our invoices and the wedding coordinator for her disappearing acts the day of our wedding. It was was such a problem even our guests were looking for her wondering why she was unavailable to assist with issues that arose, though she promised she would be available through the evening. I was so upset to see that our guests never made it outside to the veranda (which was designated for cocktail hour) where the tables were decorated. My parents had to search high and low for her to come to us and help us understand why our guests were not directed to do so. The DJ was also caused some distress due to poor communication and coordination with the other team members and vendors, and also not accomodating a major song request we made. All in all, I would choose Pinery at the Hill again simply because despite the problems that occured, it was our imperfectly perfect wedding and our guests continue to rave about how beautiful, elegant, and fun our wedding was!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Hannah J

Our Wedding was beyond what I could have ever imagined. Mackenzie and Michelle are excellent and very professional to work with. Liese was our Florist and listened to every detail I wanted to incorporate into the floral design. I would highly recommend The Pinery to any... Read More Bride/Groom who is looking for that 5 star service with award winning taste.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Amanda B

Everything was amazing!!! The only thing that wasn't perfect was the DJ but in the end they took good care of us after we voiced our concerns!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Nichole S

They made planning a wedding EASY and the venue was absolutely stunning :)

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Amelia A

Spectacular, Beautiful, the wedding to beat! These were just some of the compliments I received about my wedding at the Pinery at the Hill! It’s been a year since my husband and I were married but I still receive compliments about the service, food and overall quality of my... Read More wedding. Mackinzie, the coordinator was professional, organized and pulled everything off flawlessly. The flowers by Leise were beautiful, and I was especially impressed when I wasn’t totally satisfied with my first bouquet, she came and talked with me and pulled together exactly what I was looking for in no time at all! Finally working with Sue on my cake was a breeze, she knew exactly what I was looking for and worked with me to stick to the budget and still get exactly what I wanted. I would recommend the Pinery to anyone looking to get married!

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 12/14/2014

We had our daughter's wedding here in June. The staff was wonderful and they worked very hard to fulfill our every wish! Absolutely beautiful venue. We are very happy we chose The Pinery at the Hill.

Great wedding!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Melissa P

I used Pinery at the Hill for my wedding in just the past few months. Everything was perfect. We had plenty of delicious food and it wasn't dry or tasteless as is the case at many venues. I loved that the cake/dessert, flowers and DJ were included. The flowers were beautiful... Read More and I only told them things I liked rather than showing them pictures. The DJ did a great job of playing a variety of music perfect for our crowd. I continue to hear weeks later that this was one of the best weddings our friends and family have attended.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Reviewed on 10/12/2013 Laura R

I loved having my wedding here, it was so perfect and elegant. If I had to do it all over again I would in a hearbeat and I wouldn't change a thing!

EXCELLENT!

Reviewed on 12/26/2012 Shelby J

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue! It was beautiful, the staff was amazing, they made everything so easy for us! All of the services are provided by them except the officiant and the photographer which made our lives so easy. The flowers were beautiful, the... Read More food was fantastic, and they made sure that everything was running smooth and on schedule. We didnt have to worry about a thing. I would suggest this to absolutely anyone getting married in the Colorado Springs area. They gave us suggestions for where to stay, make-up artists, officiants, everything we needed was right at our fingertips- all we had to do was ask! I couldn't be happier with how things turned out, it was perfect!!

Absolutly Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/01/2012 Nicole D

The Pinery was fantastic. The fact that it's an all inclusive venue is amazing. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful. Lori and Amy are very quick to respond to any questions and are knowledgable. The venue is so beautiful and we received so many compliments on it. Nice... Read More to have the entire venue to yourself. Great food, tons of great choices. We had the honey pecan chicken and slow smoked brisket. Absolutely amazing! The floral department did a great job of bringing my vsion to life. Julie was full of suggestions and ideas, you could tell she had tons of experience. The entertainment was great, Brandon did such a great job of getting to know us, and he used that in the reception. Kept the party going all night, all of the guests loved him!

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2012 Jessie H

The Pinery is simply outstanding!! Lori and Amy made every step of the planning process a breeze! They have everything covered! THey take care of the ceremony, reception, food, floral, cake and if they don't offer the services themselves they have outstanding suggestions. The... Read More flowers were beautiful! Exactly what I wanted! The food was perfect and Brandon did awesome! I have never been to a wedding where the DJ got every single person up (willingly) to dance. I just can't express enough how much I loved having my wedding at the Pinery. Everyone who attended told us how much they loved being there and how beautiful the facility was. A+ support staff as well! I would suggest this place without a doubt to anyone and everyone!

Loved it

Reviewed on 12/14/2011 Heather B

They did an amazing job and because they are almost all inclusive it took a lot of pressure of and made the experience so much more enjoyable. My one complaint, and that of my guests, is that they took the food away before anyone could get seconds and wanted seconds because it... Read More was so good.

amazing!

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Kathryn S

The pinery staff was amazing. They were easy to work with and made my day easy, beautiful and enjoyable.

The Pinery

Reviewed on 8/10/2011 Skyla L

I loved our wedding and staff we worked with up to the wedding. After the ceremony all staff we had worked with left and staff that covered the reception didn't know us and they werer very rude to family members. They threw away our cake without asking if we wanted to keep it.... Read More When I brought this up with the staff the next week all they said to me was, "Thanks for the feedback this will be a great training opportunity for our team!" After spending so much money I would have liked to have felt like staff was top notch (like they advertise). This is a beautiful venue and they food was great!

Meet The Director of Sales

Mackenzie Maltby Tamayo

Our Event Coordinator, Mackenzie Tamayo has over ten years of experience in the hospitality and restaurant industry. Her love of details and passion for creating lasting relationships and impressions is what draws her to event planning. With ties to various businesses and nonprofits in the area, Mackenzie’s love of community is evident in her professionalism and efforts. Mackenzie believes that executing an event well means more than just details on paper, a successful event gives people a message about their value.