The Pines at Genesee

Golden, CO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Extraordinary Events, Exquisite Cuisine

At The Pines, you will be immersed in an elegant mountain setting, pampered by expert staff, and inspired by stunning views. Our two wedding terraces provide your choice of the perfect location for an outdoor ceremony. Visit and experience the timeless beauty and romance that only we can offer.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom

633 Park Point Dr, Golden, CO

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

I would highly recommend the Pines at Genesee for any event. I held my wedding there a couple weeks ago, and everything was fantastic. I had the opportunity to work with Lindsay and Vivien, who were both absolutely incredible. They were very responsive, helpful and fun to... Read More work with. They also helped alleviate much of the stress that comes with planning a wedding (especially when you are trying to plan the last 3 months from a different state). The ceremony sites are beautiful and with the venue being so close to Genesee Park, there are several gorgeous spots for photos. The food at the reception was also very good. We received numerous compliments from our guests about how it wasn’t your typical “wedding” buffet – the meats were very tender and juicy and the sides were fantastic. It’s also decently affordable, especially considering its location.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Jamie A

We got married on August 1, 2015 and i cannot say enough great things about the pines! We worked with regan and she was absolutely amazing! Everything about our day was perfect. It was so planned out and very organized! All the staff was so friendly and helpful! The food was... Read More delicious! Love the Mac and cheese bar option! :) I loved how easy it was to choose our vendors. They had a preferred vendors list with discounts that helped so much! The setting is absolutely breathtaking and I really couldn't have asked for anything better! I have received so many compliments and would definitely recommend it!!

Absolutely WONDERFUL!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Kelsey L

I did all of my planning from a distance, and the girls at the Pines could not have been more helpful, thourough, and professional. Everything on the day of the wedding went without a hitch and I was able to relax and enjoy the day without stress. The location is wonderful. A... Read More majority of our guests were from out of town and they all loved the mountain views. I can honestly say that the Pines at Genessee made the event absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Andrea G

I can't say enough about how amazing Stephanie and The Pines are! They catered my wedding this past June and were wonderful. They helped us work through some quirky traditions we wanted to incorporate, were professional and the food was amazing. Highly suggest The Pines... Read More catering!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

My wife and I booked the Pines for our wedding recently. They were super accommodating to everything we needed! The linens looked amazing and the food was perfect. We had family style service which was awesome! I would highly recommend hiring the Pines to anyone! Stephanie was... Read More really great to work with. Very easy to get in touch with and quickly answered any questions we had.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Samantha P

The Pines Catering catered our wedding at Hudson Gardens in Littleton in August 2016. I've never been much of a fan of wedding food. Typically it's usually overcooked or bland. Best case scenario -- it's forgettable. This was NOT the case with The Pines! Several guests have... Read More approached me since our wedding and told me that our wedding food was the best they've ever had. We were able to customize the entire dining experience, which was really cool. For example, we don't like cake, so they had an ice cream bar instead! Another very cool feature about The Pines is they use a software that totally maps out the entire reception venue, so doing a seating chart is literally as easy as drag-and-dropping each guest to the chair you want them to sit at. It was also helpful because those guests that had food allergies or special needs requests could easily be noted so they had a comfortable evening. Stephanie from The Pines is an absolute joy to work with. She handled every detail with care and organization, meaning that my husband and I were able to float through our wedding day totally relaxed and enjoying every moment.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Michelle D

The Pines was the perfect wedding venue for us! We got married at the Aspen Terrace and had the reception in the upper level and everything was so beautiful. Everyone loved it! We planned our wedding from out of state, so it was important to us to have a venue that was going to... Read More help us out along the way. They exceeded our expectations throughout the whole process! We worked with or communicated with all the coordinators at one point in time or another, and they always answered our questions very quickly and thoroughly. Lindsay was our day-of coordinator and she was the best! She was great about only talking to us about the things that she really needed input from, and otherwise talking to the maid of honor. Everything ran smoothly and overall she just did a great job, but was not overbearing or obnoxious in the least like I’ve seen out of some coordinator’s at friends’ weddings. The food was amazing too and the rest of the service staff were polite and professional. I would say the only negatives about the venue are the things that are very clear when you tour it- there will be another wedding two hours before or after yours. We decided we like the venue so much that that wouldn’t really bother us, and we did not regret that at all.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Andrea J

We used The Pines for off-site catering. Of all the caterers on our venue's preferred caterers list, The Pines was so far and away the most responsive, courteous, and affordable that we contacted. Stephanie is an absolute pro. She was extremely accommodating about our menu and... Read More schedule, responsive to every question and email, proactive and double-checking every detail, and so cheerful and excited about our day. On our wedding day, the food was delicious and we heard so many raves about the food and the attentiveness of the staff. They helped us with our own decorations, moved chairs and tables like magic, and were fast and thorough about cleanup. And we wound up under budget.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Katie R

We enjoyed that catering was on site and that we could bring our own alcohol. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the staff was excellent! They kept in constant contact with us and coordinated with our other vendors. It was also great to have a day-of coordinator on site to... Read More guide us through the day. The only major downfall was that another wedding was occurring as we tried to set up. The guests were still at our ceremony site when we were trying to set up. You are only allowed an hour and a half to set up. Luckily, our coordinator got right on it but then during the first part of the reception, there were guests from the other wedding that would be upstairs and were being nosey when they were supposed to strickly be downstairs. But, overall it was a great venue with great staff!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Hannah J

We used The Pines at Genesee for off-site catering service and worked with Stephanie. I literally can't say enough good things about them or sing enough praise to them. I give them all the credit for our perfect day. Stephanie was on top of EVERYTHING before and during the... Read More wedding. I thought I was just getting a caterer but instead received a full on wedding coordinator. Day of, my mother and I were crazy nervous and slightly neurotic about set up but between Stephanie and our team, set up went incredibly smooth. She even went around and lit all our candles and did finishing touches once we started getting ready. When people weren't where they were supposed to be, Stephanie told them where to go. She coordinated with all our other vendors including photographers and DJ. We brought all our own snacks, desserts, and drinks, and Stephanie and her team made sure these were set up and stocked throughout the night. I am very particular but literally had nothing to worry about as Stephanie took care of everything and literally made my vision a reality. During the reception, Stephanie brought us food and made sure we were never without a drink. She would check in with me constantly to make sure I was okay. And at clean up, her and her team had everything done before 12pm when we had to be out of our venue. They took all the trash and cleaned up the venue for us. Again, I can't say enough about Stephanie and her team. They are nothing short of miracle workers.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016

I want to commend the off-site catering services of The Pines at Genesee. Stephanie was our contact person and she was so professional. I live out of state and was paying for the reception. It was a fine dance for Stephanie to keep me happy but also make sure the Bride and... Read More Groom had "their day". Added to all of this was a tight budget. The wedding reception turned out to be wonderful. Stephanie and her staff went beyond expectations anticipating problems and solving them before they ever happened. The food could not have been better. I would recommend Stephanie and her staff at The Pines at Genesee without hesitation.

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Meghann K

We could not have been happier with our wedding at the Pines at Genessee! We chose this venue about a year before our wedding date and had to plan everything from Boston. We chose to go with their "Romance" package, and it was worth every penny. We were paired up with Vivian... Read More and Lindsay, who were incredibly responsive and communicative. They helped us with our timeline and ensured that everything went smoothly, all the way through to the end of the wedding day. Lindsay did a fabulous job with our rehearsal, and I would highly recommend the on-site rehearsal if possible (especially if you have a large bridal party!) Among many notable examples of above-and-beyond service, Lindsay had printed out a radar map of the weather when we were trying to decide between an inside or outside ceremony due to rain, but didn't once try to pressure us on our decision (and was our steadfast enforcer when we decided on outside! -- it ended up turning out perfectly). She also improvised a bustle for my dress when we couldn't find the one the seamstress had added. I would choose this venue and package all over again if I had to and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Pines to any other bride and groom to be! p.s. We chose the Mediterranean buffet option and the food was amazing! We were later told by one of our guests that they went back to the buffet five times.. I'm glad that wasn't in our headcount! ;)

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Aubrey M

The staff at this venue are very professional and know exactly what they are doing. They are very swift and you hardly know they are there. The venue itself is picture perfect and beautiful. You still get a mountain setting while being close to the city with several options for... Read More the ceremony and reception. Our day there went flawlessly thanks to all the staff and coordinator Lindsay. I would highly recommend this venue.

Amazing food!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Aubrey M

We chose the traditional buffet option for our reception, and buffet style appetizers. They have so many different cuisines and dietary options to choose from. They also have monthly tastings that they invite you to so you can sample food and meet vendors they work with. I have... Read More never tasted any food from them that was not delicious.

Dream Wedding Come True

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Tiffany P

The Pines was an amazing value for everything they did for us on our big day. I had a personal coordinator and she helped us every step of the way! We used the venue for our ceremony and reception. It was absolutely perfect from beginning to end. The Pines catered the event and... Read More thought of everything. We had passed or'derves, specialty vegan plates for guests and a kids buffet for no extra cost. They provided all the linens, dishes and staff for the event who set up and took down. I didn't have to worry about a thing! The guests kept raving about the food and they kept the party going with a fast and super friendly bar tenders. The staff was absolutely spectacular.

Food and Service were great!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Tarah S

The Pines Catering did a wonderful job with my wedding. The appetizers, drinks, and food were perfect. All my guest raved about how good all the food was. The service was great too!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Melissa

The Pines did such an amazing job. Took nearly all the stress away because they had every angle covered. The entire evening was flawless and so much fun. I couldn't have asked for better service.

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Amanda N

I loved how much communication they had with us before the wedding, ensuring every detail was as we liked! The place is beautiful and the staff was absolutely wonderful, even my guests commented on how friendly and helpful they were! The only reason why I didn't give them 5... Read More stars is because they only give you an hour and a half before the ceremony to come in and set up since they have 2 weddings per day. That made it extremely difficult and we had to have a lot of family and friends come early to set up for this reason. It also meant that as the bride (and the one that worked for a year on planning every detail) I could not see or help with setting up. On top of that, the weddings were so close together that all of our vendors' trucks were arriving as the first wedding's guests were walking from the ceremony to the reception.. which I'm sure they didn't appreciate. Also, as mentioned previously, they have a lot of rules about petals, decorations, candles, etc. that tailored our wedding which made me feel like I couldn't do all that I would have liked. I would definitely recommend them, but be sure you are REALLY ok with having 2 weddings overlapping and having minimal time for setup.

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Reif F

Everyone at The Pines was wonderful. From our first meeting with Regan to the many emails to Vivian and then of course to all the staff at the ceremony and reception... I can't say thank you enough to all of them! I had previously worked as a wedding professional and started... Read More asking a lot of questions about how they would handle some of the crazy things I had encountered... They had a very quick and well thought out answer for all of them. The weather in Evergreen had been incredibly rainy the days leading up to the wedding and it poured during our rehearsal, we didn't even get to run through it outside! Needless to say I was a little worried. But they took care of everything, they set up the chairs inside "just in case" and thankfully the weather couldn't have been more perfect! The food was outstanding and people continue to talk about how great everything was. I would highly recommend this venue and the staff. We couldn't have asked for better!

Wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Jaclyn D

Stephanie was incredible to work with and the food was incredible. She accommodated all of our weird dietary restrictions (we had a salad with strawberries, which i am allergic to, so mine was served without strawberries), and even weird requests like my dad wanting the... Read More vegetables from the chicken plate instead of the ones we had going with the beef plate. Stephanie was flawless with timing and keeping everything on track, and I cannot thank her enough for all that she did to make our day special. They are affordable, delicious, and easy to work with, and I would work with them again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 8/09/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Stephanie and the Pines Catering staff!!! We used their catering services at another venue. From start to finish, every contact with Stephanie was encouraging, professional, thorough and genuinely heartfelt. She talked me "off the... Read More ledge" several times!! She was into every detail of the reception to make certain everything fit together perfectly...more like a wedding coordinator than the caterer. Her staff was courteous and attentive, and very professional. I was amazed that they were able to transform our venue into our event in under 90 minutes!! And then do the same for cleanup! We were given several choices in our price range for food, and what we chose was delicious. Make sure you select the pistachio bread in your bread basket mix...a real treat! But the true gem of using the Pines is Stephanie. She listens, follows through, is compassionate and truly cares that your dream for your event translates into reality. She took care of every special need and request for dietary issues as well as favorite cocktails, delivery of appetizers and beverages to the couple during their photo time, and special attention for the grandparents. She made our daughter and son-in-law's day so special. I am sad I don't have another event to do in Denver so that I can work with her again!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Mollie A

The Pines catered our wedding at the Evergreen Lake House in June 2015. Honestly, if we could give them 10 stars, we totally would!! My husband has a severe food allergy (Celiac disease) and we had the hardest time finding a caterer who would accommodate his restrictions.... Read More Some caterers flat-out denied our request, saying they didn't feel comfortable with the restrictions, and other caterers couldn't promise that there would be no cross-contamination. You can imagine our relief when we met Stephanie and her staff at The Pines! We knew we were in good hands when the food at our tasting was beautiful, delicious, and my husband had absolutely no allergic reaction to any of the dishes. The chef took special care to clean and sanitize any equipment that had previously come in contact with any allergens. Stephanie helped us create a brunch menu with a wide variety of amazing dishes, even accommodating our request for fruit cobblers for dessert! On the day of our wedding, the catering staff took care of all the linens & table set-up. Our buffet line was clean and well-arranged, and the food both looked and tasted AMAZING. Our wedding guests were astonished that all the food was completely gluten free - we've had requests for The Pines fluffy & delicious GF pancake recipe ever since! My husband was so happy that he didn't have to worry about getting sick due to his allergy - he felt great all day! In addition to the delicious food and stunning setup, we had a number of positive comments about the amazing employees and service from The Pines. Our wedding photographers noted, "The way this company treats you, your family, and your guests is unmatched. They are truly the best!" We couldn't agree more. We will be singing the praises of The Pines Catering any time we describe our wedding. Thank you, Stephanie (and team!) for making our day so wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015

AMAZING!!! Stephanie did a such a great job with the catering for our wedding. She was more like a wedding planner than just the catering manager. She cared about every detail of my reception and made sure everything was perfect. We had some spacing issues, which was very... Read More stressful to me, but she handled them beautifully and took the stress off me. Her communication was always prompt and very friendly. The Pines is also very affordable. I priced a couple other options in the area and they were by far the lowest price. The day of the wedding was perfect! Her team worked SO hard making sure everyone was happy and fed. I got so many compliments on the food and they even had a buffet for the kids. I really cannot say enough good things about my experience with Stephanie and The Pines. They are awesome and I highly recommend!

Awesome food, awesome service!

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 Jenna B

We ended up using The Pines, since they were a preferred vendor for our venue-the relationship they had with each other was seamless! We worked with Stephanie, who was a real point person for us the whole time. She helped me stay within my budget by working hard to figure out... Read More all of the little details that I didn't even think about! We did a BBQ-themed menu (since we got married in a barn) and our guests are still talking about how good the food was! We also got a bartender through them, and that service was impeccable, as well. When we met right before the wedding, Stephanie helped put my mind at ease and we worked through a specific timeline that everyone stuck to and thanks to her our whole event went off without a hitch!

Great Location

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Shelby W

The Pines was a perfect compromise for a wedding in the mountains without driving for hours outside of Denver. The outdoor ceremony areas were exactly what I was looking for and the indoor reception areas were beautiful. Our ceremony was small and intimate, but Lindsay and her... Read More team treated us like royalty. They did an amazing job helping coordinate our day and made sure nothing went wrong. They truly made our day special!