The Pines at Genesee

Guest Capacity

Ballroom

633 Park Point Dr, Golden, CO

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Rachel R

The Pines at Genesee did an outstanding job with our wedding! They were so professional, organized, helpful and fun and I couldn't have asked for a better venue to get married at. We got so many compliments on the service and the incredible location and views! Thank you to the... Read More Pines for making our wedding fantastic!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Bernie A

The Pines staff makes everything so easy and accessible for planning. I LOVED their monthly "open house" tastings to meet all of the different vendors and it made the selection process incredibly easy! From the planning to the day of the wedding the Pines was there to help out... Read More any way that we needed and we felt completely supported by everyone that we dealt with. We worked very closely with Vivian and Regan was our day of coordinator and I can't say enough great things about these two women!!! They were THE BEST!! The catering staff was also incredible, friendly and professional. The food was delicious, everyone raved about it. The bartenders were friendly and accommodating to everyone also. Overall I can't say THANK YOU enough to everyone at the Pines who helped make our day SO EASY and perfect. I didn't worry for one second about anything and that's what every bride wants!!! :)

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Meghann K

We could not have been happier with our wedding at the Pines at Genessee! We chose this venue about a year before our wedding date and had to plan everything from Boston. We chose to go with their "Romance" package, and it was worth every penny. We were paired up with Vivian... Read More and Lindsay, who were incredibly responsive and communicative. They helped us with our timeline and ensured that everything went smoothly, all the way through to the end of the wedding day. Lindsay did a fabulous job with our rehearsal, and I would highly recommend the on-site rehearsal if possible (especially if you have a large bridal party!) Among many notable examples of above-and-beyond service, Lindsay had printed out a radar map of the weather when we were trying to decide between an inside or outside ceremony due to rain, but didn't once try to pressure us on our decision (and was our steadfast enforcer when we decided on outside! -- it ended up turning out perfectly). She also improvised a bustle for my dress when we couldn't find the one the seamstress had added. I would choose this venue and package all over again if I had to and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Pines to any other bride and groom to be! p.s. We chose the Mediterranean buffet option and the food was amazing! We were later told by one of our guests that they went back to the buffet five times.. I'm glad that wasn't in our headcount! ;)

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Danielle D

We received so many compliments on our wedding. From the ceremony to the reception everything turned out wonderful. The staff really stepped up when one of our vendors forgot to bring half of our wood platters for centerpieces. Vivian found some for us & really stepped it up.... Read More Our ceremony was outside despite it being the end of October. Our guests raved about the food (we did Tequila Lime Salmon & Steak). It was a wonderful day to remember. Vivian and Alyssa were also both wonderful at email correspondence during the planning. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Katie Y

We booked The Pines Catering company to cater our wedding at Hudson Gardens. Stephanie was absolutely fantastic to work with! She's quick to respond to emails, texts, or phone calls. She's also very accommodating and was willing to work with us on every detail. We ended up... Read More completely changing our menu about three months out from our date and she was super flexible with everything. She made the day run so smoothly. The food that The Pines Catering was superb. We chose the breakfast brunch buffet style with build your own breakfast tacos, a mimosa bar, breakfast breads, and chicken salad sandwiches. Everyone complimented the food and we're very impressed with the staff. We're so happy we chose The Pines Catering and will suggest them not only as a catering company but a venue as well to our engaged friends.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Tyra C

Stephanie and the Pines catered our wedding at Boettcher Mansion in October. We could not have been more impressed with them from the tasting to the event itself. Stephanie knows everything there is to know about catering events and is an amazing resource. They have a broad... Read More selection of food options, including wild game. On our big day, the tables were set immaculately, the food was exquisite, and the service was outstanding. Their staff, especially Carlos, went above and beyond to make us and our guests happy. Stephanie teamed incredibly well with our other vendors, creating a magical event. Thank you so very much Stephanie, Carlos and The Pines!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Sarah E

Overall, we had an amazing wedding at this venue! The location and scenery could not be more beautiful, especially if you're aesthetic is going for an outdoor Colorado mountain wedding! The staff are all very willing to help and are very nice to work with. Our event ran very... Read More smoothly, and due to the staff's involvement, my husband and I got to actually enjoy our event instead of dealing with any kind of details, it was great! Sometimes, more than one wedding is booked at the venue, but due to the staggered times and locations, we truly didn't even notice the other event happening that night. The food was AMAZING! We got so many compliments on our menu, and going to the multiple food tastings was probably one of the most enjoyable parts of planning! They have a wide variety to choose from, so there was something for everyone's tastes. We really liked that the Pines has a list of preferred vendors, so it was super easy for us to find our DJ and Florist (and we got discounts!). A lot of our guests commented how nice it was to have the ceremony and reception at the same place so there was more time to enjoy wedding festivities, and we totally agree! There were only a few things that would have made our experience even better. There is a fee to have your event coordinator present at your rehearsal, which we felt was unnecessary given that we had already paid a fair amount of money to the venue (we chose not to pay to have someone at our rehearsal and ran it ourselves, which was fine). It would have been nice to have been able to arrive at the venue earlier than the provided time; we felt the time before the wedding was slightly chaotic and would've just liked some extra time to not feel rushed. Lastly, there is a lot of "fine print" and rules, so if that is something that bothers you, make sure to consider that as well. Overall, we LOVED our October wedding at The Pines at Genesee! Its a great, budget-friendly venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jenna N

The Pines Catering did the food for our wedding in June and it was amazing! We did tastings at 4 different places and The Pines was the first place where I did not feel like they were just trying to sell me something and the prices are reasonable. You can also totally customize... Read More your menu! Stephanie is the Offsite Events Coordinator and is incredible to work with. She made sure every detail was set not only for the food and drink, but also for the timing of events and seating arrangements at the wedding. She is quick to respond to questions and took the time to research several vendors to get us the best price for a tent for our event and to send me lists of other recommended vendors. She also arrived early and stayed late the day of our wedding to make sure everything went according to plan. The food was fresh, hot, and delicious and we are still getting compliments about how good it was from our guests. Thanks to Stephanie and staff my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our big day. I would highly recommend the Pines Catering for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tricia F

The pines did our catering and it was unbelievable. Stephanie is smart, funny and knows everything in the world about catering a good event. Her staff sauntered through the event unnoticed but everyone had all the food and drinks they wanted all night. I had a grilled cheese... Read More sandwich station at my wedding. Seriously. The food was great. It didn't taste 'catered' but more like a big family meal. Stephanie was a blast. It was such a good decision to go with the pines catering!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Lindsay K

The Pines at Genesee was our caterer and was without a doubt our favorite wedding vendor! The whole crew went above and beyond to make our wedding day beautiful, despite the usual (and some unusual!) wedding challenges. This was particularly true for Stephanie, who truly... Read More exceeded our expectations with her kindness, proactive approach, and selfless undertaking of wedding coordinator and stress reliever without a blink of an eye. Between coordinating venue confusion for the guests (there were two venues very close together and some of our guests went to the wrong location), preparing a last minute special meal for my mom who had an unexpected surgery a week before the wedding, and successfully mitigating a black bear sighting on the venue (without adding to our stress!), Stephanie and her crew truly made our wedding so special and wonderful. She helped us along every step of the way, offering helpful suggestions and guiding us through the process while giving us as much control as we wanted and helping us when we did not. She even prepared a special tray of appetizers and our favorite drinks for my husband and I immediately after the ceremony to make sure we had a quick snack before dinner, which we definitely needed. We also received many compliments about our food and the kindness of the Pines team, and were very happy with every aspect of their service. I would highly recommend The Pines at Genesee and Stephanie in particular to anyone and everyone, and am so thankful they were a part of our big day!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Natalie T

I had the Pines Cater my wedding and the food was great. The Staff was spot on!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Haley V

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! From the very beginning we were impressed by first off the service of The Pines at how beautiful it is up there! We were mostly helped by Regan who is AMAZING. She is so warm and welcoming and took care of us! She helped remind us of payments owed and what... Read More needed to be decided on and when. On the day of the wedding, Regan took care of everything for us. She was so helpful in making sure people weren't bombarding me with questions and did so much! Every staff member at the Pines was so amazing and helpful and worked so hard on our day of! The ONLY things we weren't nuts about was there is no room for the groomsmen and groom to get ready (just the bridal suite) and then you aren't allowed to begin decorations and setting up until an hour and a half before your ceremony. That was a little stressful to us and I feel like it didn't allow me to really embrace everything since I was trying to run around and help and get ready. That is the only reason for the 4 stars. Otherwise, AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Anna S

The staff at the Pines at Genesee are AMAZING! Vivian was the coordinator for our wedding day (9/23/16) and I couldn't be happier. She made sure everything was in place and that everything went smoothly. My constant emails were replied to in a timely manner and she answered... Read More every question I had. The venue is gorgeous both inside and out - the Evergreen terrace was a fairytale to be married at. I received so many compliments about the food and quality/efficiency of the catering staff. If I had to do everything again I would choose the Pines in a heartbeat!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Ellie B

I would highly recommend them the food was great you get an amazing wedding planner my wedding was so beautiful and so perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Andrea G

I can't say enough about how amazing Stephanie and The Pines are! They catered my wedding this past June and were wonderful. They helped us work through some quirky traditions we wanted to incorporate, were professional and the food was amazing. Highly suggest The Pines... Read More catering!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

My wife and I booked the Pines for our wedding recently. They were super accommodating to everything we needed! The linens looked amazing and the food was perfect. We had family style service which was awesome! I would highly recommend hiring the Pines to anyone! Stephanie was... Read More really great to work with. Very easy to get in touch with and quickly answered any questions we had.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Samantha P

The Pines Catering catered our wedding at Hudson Gardens in Littleton in August 2016. I've never been much of a fan of wedding food. Typically it's usually overcooked or bland. Best case scenario -- it's forgettable. This was NOT the case with The Pines! Several guests have... Read More approached me since our wedding and told me that our wedding food was the best they've ever had. We were able to customize the entire dining experience, which was really cool. For example, we don't like cake, so they had an ice cream bar instead! Another very cool feature about The Pines is they use a software that totally maps out the entire reception venue, so doing a seating chart is literally as easy as drag-and-dropping each guest to the chair you want them to sit at. It was also helpful because those guests that had food allergies or special needs requests could easily be noted so they had a comfortable evening. Stephanie from The Pines is an absolute joy to work with. She handled every detail with care and organization, meaning that my husband and I were able to float through our wedding day totally relaxed and enjoying every moment.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Michelle D

The Pines was the perfect wedding venue for us! We got married at the Aspen Terrace and had the reception in the upper level and everything was so beautiful. Everyone loved it! We planned our wedding from out of state, so it was important to us to have a venue that was going to... Read More help us out along the way. They exceeded our expectations throughout the whole process! We worked with or communicated with all the coordinators at one point in time or another, and they always answered our questions very quickly and thoroughly. Lindsay was our day-of coordinator and she was the best! She was great about only talking to us about the things that she really needed input from, and otherwise talking to the maid of honor. Everything ran smoothly and overall she just did a great job, but was not overbearing or obnoxious in the least like I’ve seen out of some coordinator’s at friends’ weddings. The food was amazing too and the rest of the service staff were polite and professional. I would say the only negatives about the venue are the things that are very clear when you tour it- there will be another wedding two hours before or after yours. We decided we like the venue so much that that wouldn’t really bother us, and we did not regret that at all.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Andrea J

We used The Pines for off-site catering. Of all the caterers on our venue's preferred caterers list, The Pines was so far and away the most responsive, courteous, and affordable that we contacted. Stephanie is an absolute pro. She was extremely accommodating about our menu and... Read More schedule, responsive to every question and email, proactive and double-checking every detail, and so cheerful and excited about our day. On our wedding day, the food was delicious and we heard so many raves about the food and the attentiveness of the staff. They helped us with our own decorations, moved chairs and tables like magic, and were fast and thorough about cleanup. And we wound up under budget.

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Katie R

We enjoyed that catering was on site and that we could bring our own alcohol. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the staff was excellent! They kept in constant contact with us and coordinated with our other vendors. It was also great to have a day-of coordinator on site to... Read More guide us through the day. The only major downfall was that another wedding was occurring as we tried to set up. The guests were still at our ceremony site when we were trying to set up. You are only allowed an hour and a half to set up. Luckily, our coordinator got right on it but then during the first part of the reception, there were guests from the other wedding that would be upstairs and were being nosey when they were supposed to strickly be downstairs. But, overall it was a great venue with great staff!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Hannah J

We used The Pines at Genesee for off-site catering service and worked with Stephanie. I literally can't say enough good things about them or sing enough praise to them. I give them all the credit for our perfect day. Stephanie was on top of EVERYTHING before and during the... Read More wedding. I thought I was just getting a caterer but instead received a full on wedding coordinator. Day of, my mother and I were crazy nervous and slightly neurotic about set up but between Stephanie and our team, set up went incredibly smooth. She even went around and lit all our candles and did finishing touches once we started getting ready. When people weren't where they were supposed to be, Stephanie told them where to go. She coordinated with all our other vendors including photographers and DJ. We brought all our own snacks, desserts, and drinks, and Stephanie and her team made sure these were set up and stocked throughout the night. I am very particular but literally had nothing to worry about as Stephanie took care of everything and literally made my vision a reality. During the reception, Stephanie brought us food and made sure we were never without a drink. She would check in with me constantly to make sure I was okay. And at clean up, her and her team had everything done before 12pm when we had to be out of our venue. They took all the trash and cleaned up the venue for us. Again, I can't say enough about Stephanie and her team. They are nothing short of miracle workers.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016

I want to commend the off-site catering services of The Pines at Genesee. Stephanie was our contact person and she was so professional. I live out of state and was paying for the reception. It was a fine dance for Stephanie to keep me happy but also make sure the Bride and... Read More Groom had "their day". Added to all of this was a tight budget. The wedding reception turned out to be wonderful. Stephanie and her staff went beyond expectations anticipating problems and solving them before they ever happened. The food could not have been better. I would recommend Stephanie and her staff at The Pines at Genesee without hesitation.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Aubrey M

The staff at this venue are very professional and know exactly what they are doing. They are very swift and you hardly know they are there. The venue itself is picture perfect and beautiful. You still get a mountain setting while being close to the city with several options for... Read More the ceremony and reception. Our day there went flawlessly thanks to all the staff and coordinator Lindsay. I would highly recommend this venue.

Amazing food!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Aubrey M

We chose the traditional buffet option for our reception, and buffet style appetizers. They have so many different cuisines and dietary options to choose from. They also have monthly tastings that they invite you to so you can sample food and meet vendors they work with. I have... Read More never tasted any food from them that was not delicious.

Dream Wedding Come True

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Tiffany P

The Pines was an amazing value for everything they did for us on our big day. I had a personal coordinator and she helped us every step of the way! We used the venue for our ceremony and reception. It was absolutely perfect from beginning to end. The Pines catered the event and... Read More thought of everything. We had passed or'derves, specialty vegan plates for guests and a kids buffet for no extra cost. They provided all the linens, dishes and staff for the event who set up and took down. I didn't have to worry about a thing! The guests kept raving about the food and they kept the party going with a fast and super friendly bar tenders. The staff was absolutely spectacular.