The Powelton Club

Newburgh, NY

Book Your Wedding with The Powelton Club

A COUNTRY CLUB IN NEWBURGH, NY

The Powelton Club, one of the oldest golf and tennis clubs in America, is located in the heart of the Hudson Valley in historic Newburgh, New York, about 50 miles north of New York City. The 100-acre, private country club, established in 1882, is situated on the Hudson River's western shore where it offers a great view toward the Hudson Highlands. The Powelton Club hosts wedding celebrations, specializing in weddings that include the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Couples are welcome to have their ceremony on the well-manicured lawn, exchanging vows in front of a flower-adorned twig arbor and then join their guests on the pool deck to enjoy cocktails.

The Dining Room, with neutral-colored carpets and walls that easily fit any wedding theme, has a movable wooden dance floor. The fireplace area includes living room furniture designed to make guests feel at home. Guests can also relax around the bar and gaze out the windows to view the golf course and pool deck. A player piano is available for a song dedication or cocktail hour music. Couples complete the elegant, homey look with one of a variety of complimentary floor-length linens and cloth napkins as well as table centerpieces and decorations supplied by an outside vendor.

The Powelton Club caters one event at a time and therefore, guarantees that a couple's wedding will be the only one on the property on their chosen day. The club's culinary team graduated from the Culinary Institute of America. Couples work with the executive chef to customize diverse wedding menu options, which include butler and station hors d’oeuvres to fit the couple's style.

Chosen menu items are then created from fresh and local ingredients. The Powelton Club offers everything from traditional plated dinners to cocktail receptions. A traditional wedding cake is included, however, a Viennese table, chocolate fountain or ice cream sundae bar can be added.

Couples are welcome to take wedding photos anywhere around the golf course, tennis courts, balcony, pool deck and surrounding picturesque landscapes that include fountains and lush greenery. A different backdrop is created with the change of seasons.

The Powelton Club offers wedding packages that include:

• Wedding planning services
  • Champagne toast and signature cocktail
  • Table linens, votive candles, tables and chairs
  • Specific server assigned to the bride and groom throughout the reception
  • Bridal suite

First Class Hospitality ~ Exclusive Events

We are a private country club with a reputation for breathtaking weddings. We cater one event at a time ensuring you receive first class service during your day. Our Chefs customize your menu to fit you. The Event Coordinator is available throughout the planning process and on your wedding day.

Country Club

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

29 Balmville Road, Newburgh, NY (845) 561-4481

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Erin S

I can't say enough about The Powelton Club and 5 stars certainly are not enough! We had our wedding on July 29th, 2017 after a horror fest at another venue. I contacted the Powelton Club two months before my wedding and they accommodated us with without hesitation. My worries... Read More and anxiety disappeared when I first spoke with Rebecca. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and The Powelton Club made it everything we could have imagined and more. Rebecca's attention to detail and patience were phenomenal. The food and venue was absolutely gorgeous. We received so many compliments about the food, décor and wonderful interactions our guests had with the staff. The weather was absolutely perfect! It was truly a day we will never forget. We plan to have any special occasions in the future at The Powelton Club. It is a wonderful setting, great atmosphere and has an exceptional staff. Rebecca you are the best and I couldn't have found a better person to help me breeze through my planning and make this the best day of our lives. My husband and I are truly grateful and happy we were able to have our wedding at the Powelton Club. We thank you all so much. We will remember this day for the rest of our lives and how truly amazing it was.

2017-08-17T13:22:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your amazing words!! It was an absolute pleasure working with you. We are thrilled we were able to give you an amazing wedding after the rough start you had with a previous venue. We can't wait to work with you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Valerie B

I HONESTLY wish I could give this higher than 5 stars. Rebecca and the staff were unbelievable. Not only did they make sure everything was perfect, but they also made sure that each guest felt personally attended too. The food was equally as wonderful. Since our wedding we... Read More keep hearing how much everyone loved the venue, the food, and the staff. Rebecca was there for us every step of the way. Anything I needed or had a question on, she was able to help. She also made sure we never felt like an inconvenience or a nuisance. We had a unique theme, and Rebecca and her staff were able to find the perfect touches and foods to go with it. I cannot thank The Powelton enough. They truly made sure that our day was exactly what we wanted, an more. My only regret is that it is over.

2017-06-03T12:43:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We're so happy you had such a memorable night! Congratulations again! We hope to see everyone soon!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Lori F

BEYOND OUR DREAMS! Our wedding was a magical day filled with love, joy and sheer elegance thanks to the Powelton Club. The magnificent oak tree on the 4th hole served as the breathtaking background that would begin our married life together. The food was exquisite - an... Read More elegant cocktail hour, followed by stations of sushi, a raw bar, filet, salmon, pasta galore, a chocolate fountain, candy bar, popcorn station. Rebecca and Chris went above and beyond include a surprise flash mob for the bride (coordinated by the bride's sister)! Even with daunting rain clouds, the Powelton Club had all hands on deck and worked to make our dreams come true! I cannot recommend them enough... truly, the best place ever!

2016-07-05T12:01:30 Response from the vendor

It was an absolute pleasure working with you both! We're so thrilled you enjoyed your wedding day. Thank you for such wonderful words!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Tricia C

We planned our wedding in only 4 months and new from the first moment I emailed Rebecca that we wanted our wedding here. She was so thoughtful and responsive. She answered every one of my questions and executed my vision perfectly! All of the staff at the Powelton Club was... Read More excellent. I didn't have to worry about one thing the day of my wedding because they took care of everything! The food tasted delicious and the hors' d'ouerves and antipasto station during the cocktail hour was impressive. Many of my guests commented on how beautiful it was and how attentive the staff was. The only sad thing about the day is that it's over! Thank you so much Powelton Club and Rebecca, you left beautiful memories in my heart.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Tricia C

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Chris C

AMAZING! We had our October wedding here, and it was absolutely perfect! You will love the food! We had the pasta station, Mexican street taco station, and a mashed potato bar! The passed apps were so yummy, and dinner was fantastic. Rebecca is amazing to work with, and she is... Read More there every step of the way. From setting the date to the actual day, Rebecca is professional ,and quick to respond to emails/questions. You can pick your table linens, and add extras! We brought our own Candy Bar as our party favors, and they set everything up better than I could have! We were married outside (in front of a gorgeous huge tree), and it was just perfect! You will not regret having your wedding here!

2017-10-31T14:32:13 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you both! I'm so glad you had such an amazing day and experience with us!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Daniel F

As the father of the bride this past weekend I cannot praise The Powelton Club enough. In hindsight, I would not have done anything differently. From the ceremony on the first fairway, to the cocktail hour with raw bar and over the top food everything worked out beyond our... Read More expectations. My daughter and her bridesmaids spent then entire day there getting ready and enjoying the experience as I played 18 with the groom and the guys. All worked out well and we have a new son in law and lasting positive memories from the entire event, the staff and grounds of the PC.

2017-10-31T14:33:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family to create the perfect wedding for your daughter.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jodi F

Cannot say enough about Rebecca,Chris and the entire staff at Powelton Club. My daughter's wedding was top notch all the way. We spent the entire day there, between getting ready, having hair and make up done there and then early photos, we were catered to all the way. The... Read More place is beautiful and the food was phenomenal. Would highly recommend the Powelton Club to all!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017

We had our wedding last weekend and The Powelton Club crushed it. Rebecca who works there is an absolute pleasure to work with and really helped to make sure everything ran perfectly. The food was phenomenal and so many guests said how they couldn't believe how the club was... Read More able to provide so much food at such high quality. We were married outside and the views between the pictures we took and the ceremony were magical. I would definitely recommend the club to anyone!

2017-10-31T14:37:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was wonderful working with you. We are thrilled you had such a great time!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Francesca G

I've hosted 3 showers at the Powelton Club and can't say enough wonderful things about my experiences! Rebecca and the entire staff are a pleasure towork with. Rebecca is so friendly and is quick to respond to e-mails/calls. She was full of great ideas and happy to accommodate... Read More some crazy ideas I came up with as well, including having an indoor s'mores bar at one event! The wait staff is top notch and the food is always delicious. The chef had great menu ideas and even accommodated guests with food allergies. If you are looking for a beautiful, top notch venue, look no further than The Powelton Club!

2017-10-31T14:38:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We love working with you! We can't wait for the next party!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Barry C

The Powelton Club is absolutely incredible. Top to bottom this place is aces. Rebecca our planner at the venue was very professional along with all of the staff. The outside grounds and the inside are kept absolutely perfect. Incredible experience would recommend to anyone. 110%... Read More all the way. All Rebecca's help and the clubs amazing food and atmosphere made our wedding day incredibly special and memorable.

2017-10-31T14:39:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your amazing review! We had a lot of fun planning with you both and we are thrilled the day was exactly how you imagined it.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Ashley S

We cannot say enough great things about this venue. My fiancé and I had our engagement party there in January and unfortunately for us it happened to be a weekend there was a huge snow storm. A lot of our guests couldn't make it due to the weather but it was still a great time.... Read More Rebecca was wonderful helping us with every detail for the party, including food choices, decorations and they even were able to keep all the Christmas decoration for us. We would highly recommend this venue for any party you are planning.

2017-10-07T13:55:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your amazing review! It was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations on your recent wedding!!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017

From the moment my daughter decided on the Powelton Club for her wedding reception to the last minute of the reception Rebecca and her staff did an outstanding job. I cannot say enough about Rebecca. Every guest commented on the quality of the food and the service. Thank you... Read More for making my daughter's wedding a beautiful memory,

2017-06-03T12:42:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was absolute pleasure working with you family. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Amanda F

On 5/5/17 I got married at the Powelton Club. My husband and I couldn't even come up with words how amazing our wedding was. The staff there are unbelievable! They did everything to make sure our night was amazing for both of us. None of my guest had a single complaint about... Read More anything. The workers there went above and beyond to help my husband and I since the day we booked with them. I could not have asked for a better wedding then the Powelton Club was able to do for us

2017-06-03T12:44:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Matteo D

My wife and I were married on December 30, 2016. The Powelton Club was a perfect venue for a winter wedding. It was beautifully decorated making the pictures perfect. Rebecca and her staff were professional and caring. As the planner, Rebecca was there for us each step of the... Read More way. She helped with every detail and she made sure we were happy. We felt at home. We decided on having a variety of choices for the cocktail hour and stations for the reception. Our guests are still commenting on how delicious the food was and how great of a time they had. We are so happy to recommend the Powelton to anyone without hesitation. We will never forget our wedding.

2017-06-03T12:44:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was an absolute pleasure working with you both! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Jill c

We had 5 weeks to prepare for my daughters wedding to her fiance who has time constraints because he is in the Marine Corp.. Rebecca .. the event coordinator and Chris the general manager did everything they could to help us plan the most beautiful wedding! The venue is... Read More absolutely stunning.. the food superb.. and the service impeccable. !! You cant go wrong holding any event at the powelton! I would recommend it to anyone! You will NOT be disappointed!!

2017-06-03T12:44:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We are thrilled and honored to have been part of such a special occasion in your lives!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Timothy K

My wife Amanda and I had the best time we could have imagined. Rebecca, Chris, and the entire staff from the kitchen to the waiters and the bartenders were outstanding. All of our guests have and continue to tell us what a great reception it was and how it was the best... Read More cocktail hour they have been to. Thanks again to all of the people who made my wife's big day everything she imagined and then some!

2016-12-15T12:49:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was amazing working with you both. We hope to work with you again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda F

I wish there was an option to give more than 5 stars. On Saturday, my husband Tim and I got married. We had our wedding reception at the Powelton Club. Today, we both keep saying how the Powelton Club exceeded our expectations and helped to make our wedding better than we could... Read More have ever dreamed of. Rebecca and Chris are amazing. They work with you, have fantastic ideas, and execute events that are perfect. Tim and I truly had the perfect day. I have already had numerous guests reach out to me to tell me that our wedding was the best that they have ever been to. The food was impeccable. The ambiance was incredible. The night was the best night of my entire life!

2016-12-15T12:48:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your amazing review! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your families. We with you a very happy future together!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie N

We absolutely loved the powelton club. Everything was just perfect. Our guests kept complimenting the venue and the food. Rebecca was the best.

2016-12-15T12:49:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 william f

My daughter was married this past Saturday and could not ask for more. Chris and Rebecca were phenomenal. They catered to everybody and the food was just impeccable. I highly recommend this to anyone who is getting married. I have never been to such a great place

2016-12-15T12:50:08 Response from the vendor

It was an absolute pleasure working with everyone! Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 David T

As a groom, having our event at the Powelton club was an easy choice. My wife and I were very pleased with how prompt and professional Rebecca and Chris were with our planning and event from start to finish. The Powelton club is always extremely professional and welcoming. In... Read More addition, the facility and grounds are always kept in the most immaculate of conditions. Rebecca was very patient and kind throughout the whole experience and extremely accommodation, making our time stress-free. Our event went perfectly thanks to her, with many guests stating it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We wouldn't hesitate to hold another event there (excluding a wedding). It was a magical evening that will be remembered for the rest of our lives and we couldn't be happier.

2016-12-15T12:53:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You were a pleasure to work with. We hope to see everyone soon!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lisa G

Thank you so much Rebecca & Chris! Having a beautiful venue full of old world charm & elegance is wonderful - but you need the perfect people there to oversee an affair. You two & your staff far exceeded our expectations for our daughter's wedding on October 15, 2016. Rebecca,... Read More we couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding planner. You are more than competent, very professional, and warm all at the same time. You put us at ease the moment we met you. What a gem! Chris, you and your staff never missed a beat. We appreciated your special attention to each of our guests, the beautiful presentation of the food, and just how delicious everything was that you served. We felt that Dana & David's reception was perfect in every way because of you two. We could not have been happier and we look forward to recommending you and the Powelton club to everyone. Thank you again!

2016-12-15T12:53:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was amazing working with you and your families. We hope to see everyone soon!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Bonnie G

Great experience with the Powelton club as our venue - their event planner Rebecca is absolutely great to work with - she is not your wedding planner, but with all the help and guidance she gives she helps like a planner would -everyone raved about the food - don't fill up on... Read More the delicious hor d'oeuvres or you will miss out on an amazing dinner - service was great from the bartenders to the wait staff and attendants - we would certainly recommend the Powelton to anyone - great experience

2016-12-15T12:55:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you both!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Amy G

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at the Powelton Club and it was such an amazing day. The ceremony was inside in front of the fireplace (plan b because of the weather) and it was still more beautiful than I could have imagined. The staff was awesome and made sure... Read More we didn't have to worry about a single thing on our big day. The chef was accommodating to my gluten free diet and made the entire menu to fit my needs which saved me from a lot of stress. Overall a great experience and a wonderful venue!

2016-12-15T12:56:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We're so glad you enjoyed your day. It was a pleasure working with you!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Joanna M

My husband and I were married at the Powelton Club in August 2016. Our wedding day was EVERYTHING I imagined and more. The venue is absolutely stunning and the club was closed for the afternoon and night for our use only. My husband and I took pictures outside and inside the... Read More club before our ceremony for about two hours. We just received our photos back from our photographer and The Powelton Club created a beautiful setting for all our photographs. We had our ceremony on the 4th hole of the golf course. It was intimate and beautiful. Our cocktail hour was held by the pool, but guests had the luxury of staying outside or moving inside for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. The food at dinner was phenomenal and the reception was absolutely perfect. Everything I had planned happened perfectly and exactly the way I wanted it. Chris is an excellent manager and helped make the night run smoothly. However, it was Rebecca, the Powelton Club's event coordinator, that made this day exactly what I had envisioned. Rebecca met with us numerous times throughout the planing process and was always available if I had any questions or concerns. Rebecca is excellent at her profession and made planning our wedding stress free. Ever since our wedding, guests are constantly complimenting us for how wonderful the night was. I highly recommend The Powelton Club for a wedding. The food and service are impeccable.

2016-10-11T11:17:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you to plan such an important day in your lives. We can't wait to see the pictures!