The Reeds at Shelter Haven

Stone Harbor, NJ

Stone Harbor's Only Luxury Boutique Hotel & Resort

Your spectacular seaside wedding begins here. The Reeds casual elegance and coastal chic design combine in perfect harmony with the natural surroundings to create a backdrop that is truly one-of-a-kind. Designed by a team of wedding professionals, The Reeds offers the most exclusive seaside wedding destination at the southern New Jersey shore. The options – and possibilities – are unlimited… An intimate sundeck ceremony with stunning water views. Bayside cocktails & hors d’ oeuvres on our covered veranda extending to a beautifully landscaped outdoor lounge. Dinner & dancing in our spacious, open-air concept ballroom for up to 220 guests. Dessert and cordials under the stars before being swept away to your elegantly appointed bridal suite for the night.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

9601 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, NJ (609) 368-0100

Seriously perfect.

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Katelyn S

I recently got married at The Reeds this past weekend and the day was perfect, from start to finish, even the 34 degree weather! The Reeds is a beautiful and elegant facility to hold a wedding. I've known all my life I didn't want a typical ballroom, country club wedding, and... Read More needed the beach somehow! Krista and Leslie were so wonderful throughout the entire process--both professional yet personable. Our rooms were spacious and beautiful, overlooking the water. The beds were super comfy (sounds silly, but it matters!), and I loved the chocolate good night treats left on the night stand. The food was excellent, and we had guests raving about the filet still, a week later. In fact, a guest joked, could we go back for dinner and get the same wedding entrees this weekend? People raved about the location and the decor, and we have family members who work in the hospitality industry and travel all over the world, and they commented on it.Our cake was gorgeous, and Leslie even helped make it possible to have an identical replica of a Syracuse (my husband's alma mater) cake--it was perfect and spot on! The employees were very polite and calm and no detail was too small. The room was set up beautifully and we even were allowed to take a sneak peek before the reception. My only regret is that the day went too fast, most of my time was spent with our photographer (who was equally amazing) and not in front of the fireplace with our guests and that I didn't get to use the enormous bathtub. It truly was a beautiful place and was better than anything I have ever imagined. Pictures truly don't do this place justice. It is a very unique venue for beach lovers and even non beach lovers. You would be crazy to go elsewhere. We can't wait to come back and visit in the ensuing months.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Holly F

I was recently married at the Reeds and the day was more than I could have hoped for. Despite it raining as soon as the ceremony started, the Reeds handled everything so professionally and we couldn't be happier we chose it as our venue. The food and ambiance is beautiful. All... Read More of our guests could not stop raving about how much fun they had and how beautiful everything was. Krista and Leslie are wonderful and all of the help they provided leading up to our day was perfect. I never felt worried that something would go wrong. If you love a beautiful sunset and great food, have your wedding at this venue.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Christie J

The Reeds was such a beautiful venue and my guests won't stop telling me how good the food was (and of course I have to agree!) My husband and I fell in love with The Reeds the moment we saw it, we originally wanted to have a destination wedding but the logistics didn't work... Read More out. The Reeds still felt like a destination in itself and still local! The backdrop with the bay was absolutely gorgeous. The staff was so attentive and flexible throughout the entire process. Leslie answered all of my questions with such quick turnaround. It ended up raining on our wedding day so we couldn't have the ceremony outside like we had hoped but being able to choose whether we were doing it inside or outside on the day of was extremely helpful. We decided to do our ceremony inside still hold cocktail hour outside because the rain had subsided and everything worked out great! We've gotten so many compliments on our wedding. I wish I could get married there every weekend!

Reviewed on 4/06/2018 Kelsey M

I recently got married at the reeds and our wedding far exceeded our expectations! The venue was absolutely stunning ! Everything was set up with such great care from our wedding planner Vanessa with the help of Leslie. They placed everything exactly where we wanted and still... Read More managed to make it look even better than we planned ! The weather was perfect for an outdoor ceremony which provided a great backdrop for photos! Our guests absolutely loved the food and fun and elegant environment the reeds provided! We cannot wait to go back for our one year anniversary to relieve a little part of our wedding over again .

Reviewed on 3/27/2018 Samantha F

The Reeds was everything we every wanted for our special day! We recently got married there on March 10, 2018. It was absolutely perfect! Vanessa and the team were so helpful in accommodating all my wants and needs. The food for the cocktail and dinner was amazing and all my... Read More guest raved about it. I highly recommend looking at the Reed's for your venue because you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Kenza B

No words can describe how outstanding my experience with The Reeds was. Everything was perfect, from the beginning to the end, and I could not have dreamt of a more beautiful wedding. I really wanted an original venue for my big day and I knew I found the ONE the second I saw... Read More it. I completely fell in love with the place and the waterview blew my mind. Elegant. Luxurious. Breathtaking. I am so happy with my choice, especially when I see our wedding pictures : they are unique and magical; and it's all thank to the venue. Krista and Vanessa were a true pleasure to work with. They were very responsive, very helpful and very flexible. I was planning the wedding from France and they did their best to make this experience as easy as possible for me. Due to special circumstances, we had to change many things at the last minute and I really appreciated how quickly they agreed to do it and how they handled it. On the wedding day, Vanessa was here all day long and made sure everything was exactly as I pictured. She really took care of everything and I could not thank her enough for her amazing work. I knew that everything was under control and that I should not worry about anything and just enjoy my day. The decoration items were placed exactly the way I asked and then, at the end of the wedding, they were packed along with the cake and put in our room (with a surprise!). Last but not least, the food and the cocktails were AMAZING. Everything was delicious, from the cocktail hour to the dessert. I truly think that the price of the package is VERY reasonable for all you get and I could not recommend it enough!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Stephanie P

Words cannot describe how perfect my magical day was thanks to The Reeds. We began our planning journey over 2500 miles away! The Reeds worked so well to make sure our ceremony and reception were exactly what we wanted. The venue itself is extraordinary! With its astonishing... Read More view you can’t go wrong. Our wedding was in November, but we were able to have our ceremony outside and an afternoon reception. The heated lamps helped everything to stay warm. Our guests are still bragging about the brunch that was served. I wouldn’t change a thing! All the the staff go above beyond to make sure you feel welcome and are happy. Thanks for making my day so perfect!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Jessica K

I recently got married at The Reeds on December 2 and there aren’t enough words to describe how perfect it was. From the first time we met with Krista for a tour of the property I fell in love and knew we had to have our wedding at The Reeds with all of their options and... Read More packages they offered. We had our ceremony and reception at this location. We were so thrilled it was a mild, calm night that we were able to have our cocktail hour on the deck overlooking the bay with fire pits and heat lamps. The guests can’t stop raving about how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was. It was so wonderful and so much fun that myself and our bridal party want to do it all over again! I also would like to thank Krista, Leslie, Vanessa and the entire staff at The Reeds for everything. The entire wedding process of countless emails and visits, from check-in to check-out was flawless with great communication and professionalism. No request was too small or too big. Krista worked with us to perfect a package for us. Leslie and Vanessa worked with us on logistics, details and everything in between. A special thank you to Vanessa who worked tirelessly the entire weekend to ensure we had everything we needed and the details of the wedding day were perfect. Do not overlook this beautiful bayside resort. You and your guests will not be disappointed. Thank you to The Reeds!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Keli H

Where do I even begin!!!! The first time I saw the Reeds, I was sitting at a pizza place next door. I looked over to my dad and said, I wanted to get married there one day.... 4 years later this came true! It was absolutely everything I have hoped for. From the staff, the... Read More ceremony, ballroom, reception, food- everything was perfect! People are still talking about the "reeds" and how much they loved it. I can't thank the Reeds Staff for helping me throughout the entire process and making it exactly how I visioned my big day would be! I would 100% recommend you checking out this Venue. The ceremony is offered on the deck (bay side ) which is what I did, or you can do it inside or on the beach! It was breathtaking views and made my ceremony very special. They offer fire pits and heat lamps if it's cold outside! The ballroom opens up and gives it an inside/outside feel which is exactly what I wanted! The food was phenomenal and everyone loved it! The hotel rooms are very cozy and the cleaning crew is great!!! I also want to add that Vanessa was absolutely amazing! She exceeded all expectations. She took over for Leslie who went out on maternity leave a few weeks before our wedding. and Vanessa made us feel very comfortable throughout the transition! She was always there whenever we needed her and very pleasant/ patient during the whole day!!! Thanks again Vanessa (and staff - Krista and Leslie) for everything!!! BEST DAY EVER! :)

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Dakota H

I was married at The Reeds on September 24, 2017. Leslie & Lauren were an absolute joy to work with! We all know that weddings can be stressful and that family can sometimes add to that stress, Leslie had the most calm, sweet demeanor throughout the whole process and I cant... Read More thank her enough for that! The entire team at The Reeds were prompt, efficient and courteous, especially Kade! I cant tell you how many carts he hauled up to my moms room! Everyone was so attentive and flexible throughout our whole stay. My husband and I planned our wedding in about 3 months. We live in Denver so most of our communication was done via phone or email. This made me pretty nervous at first but Leslie always had a way of making us feel at ease. We wanted our ceremony to be on the beach and it went off with out a hitch! Everything was absolutely perfect, they were there from start to finish to make sure that every detail was exactly how we had imagined. We found our photographer, florist and DJ from their preferred vendor list and they all exceeded our expectations. The food was exceptional, which can be tricky when cooking for a crowd. If you are looking for your dream venue The Reeds is it!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Gabriella D

My wedding was the best day of my life- the reeds was the PERFECT choice! I still have people calling me and raving about it. They made the experience great every step of the way.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Kristen M

I had my wedding reception at the Reeds about a month ago. We lucked out with the weather and what was supposed to be a wash, ended up a gorgeous Sept day. The Reeds was an absolutely gorgeous option for a reception. Who can argue with a sunset over water view? My guests are... Read More still raving about how beautiful and perfect it was. The food was delicious...I had several guests say, "best food they had ever had at a wedding." Krista & Leslie were great with all the pre-planning and coordination items. My only complaint would be that we left the doors open to allow for people to move between the inside and outside easily (also assuming there would be a breeze off the water). As soon as the dancing began it got extremely hot in the room. As a bride I was dripping sweat (not too cute). If you do book a warmer month I would recommend talking to the Reeds beforehand about either closing the doors or turning up the AC. They do not have ceiling fans in there. Other than that I cannot say enough good things about an absolutely beautiful location.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Dave M

The Reeds made our wedding day a memorable flawless dream come true! We were extremely impressed with Leslie and her hard work all day long to make sure the entire day ran smoothly. Even when the night was over clean up was entirely taken care of and I didn't have to worry... Read More about a thing! The service was spectacular and I highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Kaitlin S

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better experience on our wedding day! The entire team at the reeds were fantastic to work with and they bent over backwards to make everything work in our favor! Leslie was great to work with for months prior up until the day of! Every... Read More aspect of the venue and the entire day was PERFECT! Beautiful location and view of the bay! Highly recommend The Reeds at Shelter Haven for your big day!!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Michelle D

My dream wedding! My husband and I were recently married at the Reeds in May. We booked the venue without even seeing it in person and it did not disappoint. Our wedding weekend was amazing for us and our guests, who were all from out of town. From the time we arrived, the Reeds... Read More staff and wedding team were ready to help in any way possible. Leslie and the wedding team ran our event seamlessly from start to finish. They provided ideas and support during the planning and during the day of to turn our dream into reality. I did not stress over anything the entire weekend. The Reeds is a beautiful place for a wedding. Our friends and family still comment on how delicious the food was, how beautiful the ballroom and outside areas were, and how much fun they had. Truly an amazing place for a wedding!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lauren C

We cannot thank The Reeds enough for making our wedding day the best day of our lives. Leslie and Payton were fantastic! Leslie, the event coordinator, has a calm organized personality where throughout the entire planning process and wedding day I knew everything was going to be... Read More taken care of and be alright. We really have these two ladies to thank for a seamless day. We had both our wedding reception and rehearsal dinner at The Reeds. The food was fantastic and our guests are still raving about it. The atmosphere and service was really what made the night. Our families and friends had the opportunity to watch two beautiful sunsets two nights in a row. The bartenders and servers were friendly and upbeat. We could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding! Our wedding ceremony was on 97th Street beach, just a few blocks down from The Reeds. The Reeds was able to create a scene on the beach that we will never forget. Just over the sand dunes, the beautiful white chairs lined the beach and an amazing driftwood arbor from Coventry Crossing Florist in Stone Harbor created a picture perfect beach wedding scene. The ceremony was intimate, but also had residents of the town watching from their beach chairs and balconies. The residents were so thoughtful and supportive throughout the entire ceremony, moving out of the way for pictures and cheering us on. It was our favorite part of the day. We would recommend The Reeds to anyone wanting to have a elegant and bay viewesque event. It is a place that you and your guests will fall in love with and will never want to leave.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Alyson Z

My husband and I got married in May 2017 at the Reeds. It was a bit cold, so we had the wedding inside and the cocktail hour outside. Even with not-ideal weather, Leslie and the Reeds team made everything PERFECT. We can't say enough good things. For dinner, we chose the duo... Read More entree and everyone is still saying that the steak and especially the Sea bass was the best they have ever had!!! You will not regret having your wedding / special occasion here!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Justine G

My wedding was recently held at The Reeds. It was really a wonderful day. However, something happened that dampened the whole experience with the team at The Reeds. Following my ceremony (off-site; gone for about 5 hours), I returned to the room to freshen up for the... Read More reception, only to find several cards and cash missing from the room (the cash was in my purse). I made a remark to my bridesmaids about the missing items as they helped me get ready for the rest of the night. When I left for the ceremony earlier in the day, I made sure the door was closed and locked when we left – I did it myself. Someone had clearly been in the room while we were away, as it was cleaned, the bed had been made, my husband’s luggage was now in the room and boxes with wedding decorations, which I had given to the wedding coordinator, had been returned. There was also a wedding gift and card from The Reeds in the bedroom part of the suite. I'm not accusing anyone of stealing the cash or cards. I would like to believe that someone would not steal from me the day of my wedding. I also understand that these items could have been thrown out by mistake. However, I was, and still am, thoroughly dissatisfied with the response from the entire wedding team at The Reeds. The morning after our wedding, I notified the front desk staff of the issue. They told me to contact our wedding coordinator, which I did that afternoon. I received one email the following week, and other than that, there was little to no follow up with me unless I was the person initiating contact. The responses also came across as accusatory and as if it were our fault the items went missing. It also seemed that because our wedding was over, we were no longer a priority. I was also told only one person used a key to enter my room during our ceremony, which we would later find out was not true. It took an email to the General Manager of the hotel to finally get some attention on the situation, but all we got was an apology. I was told they were changing their policies and instructing the front desk staff on how to handle a similar situation should it occur again. In my opinion, their apology simply was not enough. This was not an inexpensive wedding by any means. I spent quite a bit of money at their venue and was promised complete satisfaction, attention and the highest of quality. Fortunately, there was no cash in the missing cards, but I still feel uneasy knowing someone went through my purse to take the money out of my wallet. Further, on a more personal note, one of the cards was from my now husband, and I’ll never get to read what he wrote to me on our wedding day. I do not know if this should deter you from staying or having your event at The Reeds. Honestly, everything else was great, from the food, service, and responsiveness of the team leading up to our special day. It is very possible that this is one of those one-off horrible hotel experiences that unfortunately happened to me on my wedding day. However, it is something I want to make the next visitor, or bride, aware of.

2017-06-13T16:10:43 Response from the vendor

As a singular incident with no precedent at our property, The Reeds Events Team was very disheartened by this matter. We commit to providing events of the highest caliber for our clients, and this wedding was no exception. All necessary steps were taken to review... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Nicole G

As soon as we walked into The Reeds we knew we wanted our wedding there! The location is perfect, set on the water and a very beachy, classic decor! Both Krista and Leslie were such a pleasure to work with, they both are SO nice and personable! We could not have asked for better... Read More people to help plan our wedding with. The food was amazing from cocktail hour to dinner to dessert! We are still hearing about how amazing everything was! The entire staff was professional without being too stuffy and was always smiling! Coming from the customer service industry myself that was huge for me and they did not disappoint!! I would recommend everyone to The Reeds!!!! I can't say even nice things!

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Melissa & Matt W

My husband and I held our wedding reception at The Reeds Hotel on December 29th, 2016 in the Sweetgrass Ballroom overlooking the bay. It was absolutely gorgeous. Leslie and her team provided outstanding, personable, first-class service and food. Our evening started off with... Read More an amazing cocktail hour full of beautiful displays and tasty, abundant appetizers. The bartenders kept everyone's drinks flowing. Before we knew it, the staff had smoothly transitioned all our guests into the ballroom for dinner and dancing. Throughout the evening, the waitstaff were attentive to all of our guests needs and operated like a well-oiled machine. All of our vendors were recommended by The Reeds and it was evident Leslie and The Reeds worked well with them ensuring the night flowed perfectly. From the first day we met with Leslie, to the end of our wedding night, she made sure no detail was overlooked. It will be a day we will always remember. Thank you Leslie and the Reeds staff! -Melissa and Matt

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Allie N

When me and my husband got engaged we knew we wanted to get married at The Reeds. It was in a location we wanted, had beautiful views of the water, had a more modern feel than many ballrooms and was a little different than a typical ballroom but still elegant which is exactly... Read More what we wanted. After having lunch there and seeing that the food was also amazing we booked it. We got married December 3rd and even though it wasn't summer it was still the perfect location. And they had the fire pits set up outside with blankets that a lot of our guest actually took advantage of hanging out out there. The sales and event planners worked very closely with us to make sure we were getting everything we wanted, answer questions, and make sure we met any deadlines. They also gave us a list of vendors they recommended which was helpful and from that list I used the DJ(who also did lighting and photo booth) and transportation- both of which were great. When the wedding day came the staff at the Reeds was extremely accommodating and went above and beyond to meet our needs. They made sure everything went smoothly and this relieved me of so much stress. They took care of EVERYTHING. They along with my florist set up the rooms beautifully (we also did our ceremony at the reeds) and it was exactly what I imagined. The food was so good and my guests are still talking about it. They also give you and your groom a bridal suite to stay in and it is beautiful!!!! Picking the Reeds was the best decision we made!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Kimberly G

We got married at the Reeds in December 2016, and I can't even begin to describe how amazingly beautiful it was! The staff, from the hotel front desk, to the waitstaff, to Leslie our event coordinator, were more than accommodating. They truly made the weekend over-the-top... Read More special. In terms of our ceremony and reception, Leslie could not have been more on point. I gave her a very brief description of what I had in mind for the room, and she created EXACTLY what I had envisioned. The room was absolutely gorgeous! Her talent is beyond compare. During the planning process, she was available whenever I needed her, and she was so easy-going that I really had nothing to stress over! The Reeds thought of everything I needed! I would recommend The Reeds to anyone looking for an elegant modern beach wedding - even in the winter!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Andreina S

Our wedding at The Reeds as everything we expected and more. Despite the cold weather, the whole weekend was beautiful from beginning to end. I am still spinning about how amazing our wedding was! The hotel is beautiful inside and outside, the rooms and ballroom are stunning.... Read More The staff was even more wonderful and took care of every detail, attended all my concerns and even helped with matters that were out of their responsibility just to make things easier for us. Thanks to Leslie, the wedding coordinator, my husband and I had a wonderful time and we did not have to worry about anything. The food was incredible, every dish was a explosion of flavors in your mouth, the same with the drinks. I am very thankful we could celebrate our wedding at The Reeds, it is truly a magical place full of wonderful people that will make your wedding day simply perfect.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Michelle S

We got married at The Reeds last month, and I am still on cloud 9 about how absolutely amazing it all was. The biggest part of that was the location- I truly could not have asked for anything better in a wedding venue. The service is outstanding and we were so well taken care of... Read More from our very first visit all the way to the wedding one year later. Krista and Leslie were a pleasure to work with - always professional, friendly, and accommodating. On our wedding day, I was blown away by how picturesque the bay front lawn at sunset was for the ceremony. It was unreal. Then the reception was essentially the best party ever - beautiful set-up, amazing food (and cake!), great open bar, a big dance floor, and super nice hotel accommodations on site. Leslie was so great at taking care of all the details so that we could just relax and enjoy the day. Overall, our guests loved it and so did we. We'll definitely make The Reeds a destination for anniversary trips in the future. Thanks Reeds Team!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Marielle V

The Reeds was my very first choice from first glance of the website. It exudes "city meets beach" and it was the PERFECT venue. Staff is awesome and attentive. The venue is impressive and chic, but still has a breezy, casual vibe. It did rain on my wedding day, but the... Read More open-concept of the venue is so gorgeous, it did not matter one bit and everyone is still raving about the wedding. Wish I could do it again.