The Rhapsody - Wedding and Reception Hall

Independence, MO

Jackson County's Premier Event Venue

Beautiful building, tall ceilings, spacious seating, catering kitchen, flexible floor plan. Stained high-gloss floor. Tans and neutral colors, white woodwork. Indoor/outdoor photo options with arches, columns, waterfalls, pergola. Elegant chandelier entry way. All tables and chairs provided. 35% down to book, 14 hours ceremony/reception package.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Park, Tented

2322 East R D Mize Road, Independence, MO

Love love love the Rhapsody

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Bridget A

My wedding was October 11th and was more perfect than I could imagine! The venue itself is beautiful and all of my guests thought it was incredible I had about 170 guests and there was plenty of room for everyone. The flowers and center pieces were made exactly how I asked for... Read More every detail from a bling curtain to pearl pins in my burlap, Rita was so friendly with me and my family, we met with her numerous time over the year and she is so great at her job. Brian was our music man and dj and everything went perfect he did every song I asked and knows what he's doing also incredibly friendly and fun to work with. I would recommend this venue to everybody! Five stars :)

2014-10-17T12:38:40 Response from the vendor

Dear Bridget and Mike, Thank you for the wonderful review! You are such a sweetheart! It was great fun to work with you and your family on this very important day. We're so thrilled that everything was perfect, just as you imagined it would be!... Read Less Read More

This is the Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/10/2014

The Rhapsody is a beautiful venue for a wedding. Rita was wonderful from the first time we met with her. She genuinely wants your wedding to be perfect. She was so helpful by recommending caterers, bartenders and where to obtain an insurance policy. If I had an idea, she did... Read More everything she could to make it happen. The garden was perfect. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the flowers were. The reception was decorated beautifully also. Rita did a great job decorating the arches in our color scheme. We didn't really have our wedding day scheduled out and organized like most brides do, so Rita offered us a wedding coordinator. Elizabeth was fantastic. She got our wedding started on time (which was really important to me) and people where they needed to go. D.J. Bryan was terrific!! He kept the party going. He let us know when our photographers were leaving to make sure they captured our first dances, cake cutting and toasts. He kept everyone "in the know" of what was going on. The games we played were a huge hit with our families and guests. Everyone complimented us on what a fantastic job he did and how nice he was. As we were deciding on a wedding venue, I was hesitant to pick this place just based on the price. After choosing The Rhapsody as our place and receiving all the wonderful help from Rita & her team and seeing the smiles on all our guests faces, made it worth it! I highly recommend The Rhapsody for your next wedding venue. Perfect wedding venue that offers a lifetime of memories: Priceless

2014-10-17T12:46:20 Response from the vendor

Dear Renae and Troy, You have no idea how much your kind words mean to everyone at the Rhapsody! Thank you for such a wonderful review. We loved working with you and wish you a lifetime of JOY! Sincerely Rita

My daughter's garden wedding

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Jessica L

The Rhapsody is a beautiful venue for a reception but the outside garden really sets it a part from other venues in the city. The grounds are well taken care of and set the perfect atmosphere for a wedding. That is why my daughter was concerned on May 24, 2014 when she woke up... Read More to rain. We had worked with Rita and her amazing team to develop a back up plan to move the ceremony indoors. It was a good plan and Rita went out of her way to add coral flowers at the last minute to create a more garden like feel inside. Even with the weather not looking good, they did not give up on having my daughter’s dream garden wedding. They keep an eye on the satellite pictures and made us feel like they had as much invested in making things perfect as we did. At the last possible minute they worked with us to make a decision, we had a window in the weather and it was a go. At 6 pm my beautiful daughter walked down the path, in the garden, to marry an amazing young man. The weather was cool, not cold, a nice breeze was blowing and it could not have been more perfect. I feel like most venues would have pushed us to make a decision, Rita and her team hoped and prayed with us and then worked quickly to make my daughter’s wedding perfect. The reception venue was wonderful; they supported and checked in with us frequently throughout the day and evening. We liked being able to choose our own caterer and while they had a list for us to look at, they did not push anything on us but supported us through the process. Because I made the cake, Rita called me several days before the wedding, offering to make exceptions and asked if there was anything I needed. We were glad we also reserved the house next to the venue. It is large and spacious and the perfect place for the bride and her girls to dress, laugh, and relax throughout the afternoon. Everyone at the reception loved the photo booth and especially seeing the pictures projected on the wall during the dance. The day was enjoyable because of Rita and her team, their kindness, calmness and genuine concern that we have the best experience at The Rhapsody made all the difference. At the end of the day, my daughter said “Everything was perfect”, what more can a mother ask for!

2014-07-17T10:47:56 Response from the vendor

What a beautiful review! and beautiful bride! It was our pleasure to work with your family creating the perfect wedding day!

Ultimately Wonderful

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Bobbi M

Rita and her crew were just amazing and willing to make changes to fit our wants. Least expensive compared to other venues. All of our guests said it was a beautiful place and wonderfully beautiful wedding. We choose to have wedding and reception all in one and wouldn't have... Read More done it any other way. With flower packages and all special amenities to choose from, the possibilities are endless. Thank you to Rita, Elizabeth, Amber, Bryan, and all other helpers. Thanks so much, Bobbi

The perfect day

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jean S

I absolutely recommend the Rhapsody to every detail oriented Bride looking for a stress free and memorable day! I am so thankful I chose the Rhapsody. It's a family owned and operated venue so everyone is involved and dedicated to making your day perfect! Rita helped me along... Read More the way with all the details and then some! She's a life savor! Bryan is their in-house DJ. I also highly recommend using him! He will not disappoint. He gets the crowd laughing and up to dance the night away. A DJ can totally make or break a reception and he is top notch!

Wonderful Family Experience

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Patricia & Jack L

The Rhapsody is the place for the wedding of your dreams! The family that owns it is so easy to work with! We were very happy with our decision to use the Rhapsody. Everything was so hassle free and relaxing! We highly recommend them and thanks to everyone at the Rhapsody!

Stunning! Like a fairytale!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Tina L

My family attended a wedding and reception at the Rhapsody last Summer. We were SO impressed that when my daughter got engaged we knew where to go! Rita has already gone above and beyond for us! We gave her a few pinterest pictures of centerpieces and she made them even better... Read More and more fantastic than we could have imagined! The in house DJ, Bryan, had a charismatic personality. Everyone was up and dancing the whole night! We've already booked him, too! I know my daughter's wedding will be amazing!

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I attended a party at the Rhapsody and had a great time. The venue was nicely set up and decorated beautifully. We really enjoyed the DJ and had so much fun with the in house photo booth. My son and I enjoyed going in to the photo booth with the costumes props and taking... Read More silly photos. I would recommend this venue for sure.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kristin R

The entire staff at The Rhapsody was truly amazing! This place has it all -- onsite DJ, photo booth, coordinator, and even their own centerpieces Bryan, who was our DJ was truly fantastic. I kept getting asked where I found him! He made the reception and dinner and... Read More anything and everything we needed music for wonderful and even worked with all my Disney requests! Fabulous! Brett, who worked the photo booth, the overall photo booth experience was fantastic. We got to keep a strip of every photo taken and people were able to see a stream of pictures as well as the photos went online so everyone could see. It was worth the extra money! Liz was our coordinator. SHE WAS THE BEST THING EVER. She helped with deliveries, crazy requests, last minute details, random questions, and kept everyone calm. Get her if all possible for your wedding! Rita made my centerpieces. It was so easy just seeing what she had and making something beautiful. She hand makes them all and I had so much to choose from! Beautiful purple arrangements with lights and bling. Loved them all! Our ceremony was outside, and it was just truly beautiful. The garden and waterfall was a beautiful back drop. I highly recommend The Rhapsody! Staff is fantastic and easy to work with and to keep you calm on your special day.

Classy and Elegant

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Amanda L

I attended an event at the Rhapsody. The centerpieces and decorations were lovely. The garden and waterfall were a big hit too! I decided to book my wedding there as well!

Touch of class.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Becka G

Let me just start with my husband and I live in Miami, Florida and got married in Kansas City, Missouri for family reasons. From the moment I started planning my "destination" wedding at the Rhapsody in Independence, Rita (the owner) was 100% supportive and helpful. She is very... Read More professional and understood that all our meetings would be done via phone. She was VERY accommodating to my schedule and flexible! Rita not only is a very personable and friendly owner she truly cared about me as a bride and that all my plans were going accordingly for my wedding. Rita made great suggestions for a bar service and catering since she knew i was planning from out of town and was not familiar with the area. The Rhapsody also has in house DJ and photo booth. We used the DJ and he was perfect as well! The whole staff at the Rhapsody was very professional and very accommodating with my requests. We had a themed wedding and they were glad to help make my vision come to life. The property easily fit our 100 guests, decorations, catering, and a decent size dance floor to party. The property has a beautiful garden out back and fun patio area where we set up our bar. It was perfect for our guests to also mingle outside since it was a perfect fall evening. I would highly recommend this location for any big event or party as a venue. The service and quality was great! Thank you Rita and the Rhapsody for making our BIG day classy and memorable.

Beautiful And Elegant Venue

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

As parents of the bride we both worried how to make this our daughters dream. That worry was something that Rita of "The Rhapsody" made go away. She and her crew of professionals made that dream happen and turned the whole process into reality. The Venue is both elegant... Read More and beautiful from the Garden Wedding to the dinning and Ballroom area. The DJ was fantastic and ran the wedding dance and reception functions with style. Everyone commented on how much fun they had and wished they could keep the music going even though he had played for more than 4 hours. We highly recommend this Venue, "The Rhapsody" and again "Thank You Rita"

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Heather S

The Rhapsody and their family are so great to work with! From start to finish, they have been by our side! Our wedding went so well - we couldn't have asked it to go any better! The Rhapsody is highly recommended and simply amazing!

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Pros- Rita is sincere about wanting each bride to have the wedding that they want. She is very professional and helpful. We met with her at least three times to choose decorations, verify they were correct, and plan the initial choices. Elizabeth-our wedding coordinator... Read More was AMAZING! So sweet and helpful. I seriously would not have made it without all of her help on the wedding day. Decorations are amazing!! Each bride gets to choose their colors and arrangements and they are made especially for her using her colors and preferences. We had several compliments from guests. Set up is DONE!- All the tables, chairs, table cloths, buffet linens, sound, decorations are put up and ready to go when you walk in the door to start wedding prep. It was so nice not to have to worry about setting any of these things up. Catering- You can choose your own caterer and bring in whatever food/menu you would like. Outdoor Area- The back yard is like a wedding wonderland. The pictures on the website show the back drop. It is beautiful and can be tailored to each bride and her decor colors and preferences. Chairs set up outside for an out door wedding are set up and ready to go when you get there. Great view for an outside wedding. Video Recording- Video camera's can be hooked up to the sound for good sound quality. Insurance is Mandatory- I like that I have to pay for party insurance. If any of my guests got hurt or stupid- they were covered and it would not have to go against myself or the venue. House- Definately rent the house to get ready in if you can. It was great to have a place for everyone to gather, eat, relax and get dressed in. Clean Up- We paid the 150.00 for them to clean up and it was worth it. We just had to clear all of our things and they took care of the rest. Rehearsal- Each couple gets one hours to rehearse on site. This is SO nice! It helps everyone understand and see where they are supposed to be. Elizabeth was there for this part as well as the entire wedding. Round Tables- I really like the round tables. Reception Room- We set up for 250 people knowing we could overflow outside if necessary if we had more. Photo Booth onsite if you want to pay for it. Guests enjoyed it. Rain Plan- It rained the day of our wedding. I was not really prepared for that even though they had warned us about what might happen. Nothing could be set up outside. I don't blame the venue. I understand they need to protect their equipment. We ended up having everything inside. We had rehearsed it though so it was ok. Elizabeth worked with us well and got us all organized to have the wedding and reception inside. Cons- No ovens/warmers- All the food has to be brought hot and placed in food warmers. No Ice Machine- We had to bring in bags of ice. There is a gas station a block away so it wasn't an issue. Just would be nice to have an ice machine. Parking- Limited for a large wedding. I know they have overflow down the hill but for guests who are handicapped or elderly it would be a hard walk.

memories to last a lifetime

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 bridget h

My husband and I wanted JUST the right venue for our simple, indoor/outdoor, BEST DAY EVER....boy, oh boy, did the Rhapsody provide! Not only do they have the all in one venue, with an outdoor ceremony area, and indoor reception area, but also a cottage to boot. The cottage... Read More was amazing to get ready in all day, and not have to schlep all of my stuff and all my wedding parties things to and from. We were able to have our hair, make-up, snacks, and mimosas, all at an arms reach from the reception area....SO convenient! We decided to also use the house DJ, Bryan, and he was incredible as well. I was skeptical because usually when you do the whole package, something is lacking, and i had assumptions it would be the DJ....and i was really worried about people not dancing and making my wedding boring. Bryan came through and there was not one person sitting down! All i remember is everybody being on the dance floor, all the time!:) What a wonderful place, with wonderful people!! Another cool note.....if you're a musician like I am, you'll find it cool that The Rhapsody is also the home to The Musik Connection, where kids can learn piano!:)

October 10, 2015 Hughes Wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Rita and Bryan Scherer have got to be two of the most amazing business owners I have ever met. When we discovered this wonderful facility, I was at the end of my rope. Rita and I met and I knew I couldn't go anywhere else. The reception package we chose included everything we... Read More needed and more. Rita handled all of the reception decor, Bryan was our DJ (and the party did not stop) and the rest of the staff at the Rhapsody was just amazing. Rita took what little direction I gave her and turned it into a storybook reception. I had no doubt Rita would make this reception an event to remember & she did not disappoint. People go to wedding receptions and say that was nice, but this reception will be talked about for a very long time. This is truly thanks to the staff at the Rhapsody. If you are looking for a great group of people to work with and a beautiful facility to go along with it, then I highly suggest the Rhapsody! I could go on and on about what a joy the staff is and how beautiful the facility is, but I think you would be better off to go check it out yourself. Before you go, prepare to be amazed and don't look anywhere else b/c they are AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

It was a good day. Great customer service and very easy to work with. My wife was happy with the decorations and we were both very happy we chose the rhapsody.

mother of the groom

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

For the Rhapsody in Independence, MO We wanted a venue that offered a variety of options and found the Rhapsody and Rita to be a perfect fit for us. She was wonderful to work with us on the floor plan for the reception and set up outside for the outdoor wedding. The bride and... Read More groom selected to use the package that included Bryan the DJ who did an excellent job with the music and suggesting funs times during the dancing, the photo booth with Brett, which had lots of extras and was a real highlight, the cottage for the bride and her party to dress and relax before the wedding and Elizabeth who did an outstanding job as the wedding coordinator for our outdoor wedding. We also used the buffet room which was also beautiful and so nice to have a separate area to close off when the serving was done. Our favorite photo spot was the waterfall and stunning flower garden. The archways inside the hall were beautifully decorated to match out color scheme. We opted to decorate our own tables but the tables were set up with chairs around and linens were draped. 5 star accomodations!

Wonderful day!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Everyone at the Rhapsody was wonderful and made my brother's wedding awesome! They worked hand in hand with us to make sure that everyone felt comfortable. They made sure we had everything we needed and went out of their way to put personal touches on the decorations. I love the... Read More fact that we didn't feel like it was a cookie cutter facility, but rather an open venue that listened to our wants and needs. Will DEFINITELY use them again with my own daughters.

Absolutely beautiful venue and amazing service

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Jessica H

My experience with The Rhapsody was amazing! The venue was flexible to the details I wished for in my wedding, the service was always amazing, and I am so thankful for being able to have my wedding there!

My experience...wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Rachael M

All I can tell you is check into the Rhapsody for your wedding and reception. Rita and her family own and operate this business and they are truly amazing. I had an entire story about my experience with them, but it is too long to post so in a nut won't be... Read More disappointed. You can bring in your own vendors (food and alcohol), they are very flexible and accommodating to your needs. Her decorating and centerpieces are absolutely beautiful and she dang near matches the pictures you send her of examples you like. Their response time is quick you won't be waiting around for answers to your questions. You will be able to have a wedding within a reasonable budget without sacrificing quality and elegance. Several people following the ceremony and reception told my family "prettiest wedding they had ever seen". Check them out, like I said you will be getting more than you pay for. We also received our damage deposit back within two weeks with a lovely thank you note written personally from Rita.

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

The Rhapsody was an exceptional wedding venue for our family. Besides having a very attentive staff who was particularly concerned with details and lessening the stress on the wedding party, we were more than pleased with the flower arrangements, table decor, outdoor greenery,... Read More and just general atmosphere The Rhapsody provided. The photo booth was quite entertaining, the DJ (Bryan) was exceptional, and Liz, the coordinator all added a very personal touch to our evening. I would not hesitate to recommend The Rhapsody and its staff to anyone.

Fabulous Event!!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

Our daughter and fiance were just married at the Rhapsody on Oct. 11. I don't even know where to start! It was the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended. The table decorations and reception hall were absolutely gorgeous. The gazebo in the garden was stunning with the crystal... Read More curtain shining in the sun, and the well groomed garden was perfect for pictures. Rita, Brian and the crew were wonderful to work with and exceeded expectations. The photo booth was also a big hit with guest. We can't thank Rita enough!!!

2014-10-17T12:24:44 Response from the vendor

Dear Becky, We loved meeting and working with your family. Thank you for your sweet review. It was a beautiful wedding for a beautiful family! Please stay in touch:) Rita

Great Place!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

I am the Father of the Bride, so I was very intent on a great venue and GREAT Value! This place is beautiful for outdoor weddings and the reception area is very convenient and easy access. Rita was very easy to work with, Brian was a fun sound person and DJ, and Kaci was very... Read More organized for the wedding. The use of the little house next door for the Bride and Bridesmaids to get ready worked out perfect! Thanks to the Rhapsody Team for making our event very memorable and fun! If we had another daughter....we'd be back!

2014-10-17T12:27:36 Response from the vendor

Dear Tracy, Thank you for your kind words. We loved working with your family and are so pleased that everything, including the weather turned out to be perfect! That's our goal:) Rita

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Rebecca G

Rita and her team were very nice and helpful with everything that I wanted and need for them to do. I really liked how the venue turned out for the wedding!

2014-07-17T10:31:24 Response from the vendor

We loved working with you Rebecca, and we appreciate your kind words. Wishing you the very best in your new life together.