The Rhapsody - Wedding and Reception Hall

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden

2322 East R D Mize Road, Independence, MO

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kristin R

The entire staff at The Rhapsody was truly amazing! This place has it all -- onsite DJ, photo booth, coordinator, and even their own centerpieces Bryan, who was our DJ was truly fantastic. I kept getting asked where I found him! He made the reception and dinner and... Read More anything and everything we needed music for wonderful and even worked with all my Disney requests! Fabulous! Brett, who worked the photo booth, the overall photo booth experience was fantastic. We got to keep a strip of every photo taken and people were able to see a stream of pictures as well as the photos went online so everyone could see. It was worth the extra money! Liz was our coordinator. SHE WAS THE BEST THING EVER. She helped with deliveries, crazy requests, last minute details, random questions, and kept everyone calm. Get her if all possible for your wedding! Rita made my centerpieces. It was so easy just seeing what she had and making something beautiful. She hand makes them all and I had so much to choose from! Beautiful purple arrangements with lights and bling. Loved them all! Our ceremony was outside, and it was just truly beautiful. The garden and waterfall was a beautiful back drop. I highly recommend The Rhapsody! Staff is fantastic and easy to work with and to keep you calm on your special day.

The perfect day

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jean S

I absolutely recommend the Rhapsody to every detail oriented Bride looking for a stress free and memorable day! I am so thankful I chose the Rhapsody. It's a family owned and operated venue so everyone is involved and dedicated to making your day perfect! Rita helped me along... Read More the way with all the details and then some! She's a life savor! Bryan is their in-house DJ. I also highly recommend using him! He will not disappoint. He gets the crowd laughing and up to dance the night away. A DJ can totally make or break a reception and he is top notch!

Beautiful And Elegant Venue

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

As parents of the bride we both worried how to make this our daughters dream. That worry was something that Rita of "The Rhapsody" made go away. She and her crew of professionals made that dream happen and turned the whole process into reality. The Venue is both elegant... Read More and beautiful from the Garden Wedding to the dinning and Ballroom area. The DJ was fantastic and ran the wedding dance and reception functions with style. Everyone commented on how much fun they had and wished they could keep the music going even though he had played for more than 4 hours. We highly recommend this Venue, "The Rhapsody" and again "Thank You Rita"

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kevin H

Absolutely amazing people and venue. Everyone there was so amazingly helpful and did all they could to make our special day amazing. The fact that they were full service and offered many amenities took a lot of the pressure off. They did amazing job decorating the venue and our... Read More flowers it was absolutely stunning. They truly went above and beyond. If I could give them 10 stars they'd deserve every bit of it. I'll never forget how helpful and caring everyone was there on our big day. At the end of it, it felt more like we made friends than a business transaction.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jessica H

I normally don't submit reviews, but The Rhapsody deserves every word of praise I can say. This venue is owned by a family, so you can get multiple services from them. We had our floral and DJ through them. Rita took my Pinterest pins and recreated them. She bet all of the... Read More estimates we gave her. She was always willing to help in any way possible, especially when it came to emotional support. Bryan was our DJ and kept the party going until closing time while being professional the whole way. Every time my husband and myself emailed anyone from The Rhapsody, we received a prompt email back. Elizabeth and Anna were our assigned wedding coordinators and they made sure everything went as smooth as possible on our special day. We will truly miss communicating with each and every one of them. Thank you immensely Rita, Bryan, and The Rhapsody family. You will not be disappointed in going with this venue.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Amanda C

I am so glad that we chose The Rhapsody for our wedding and reception venue! It was hard to believe that we were able to get such a gorgeous place for such an affordable price! The staff was extremely help and accommodating. They showed a lot of enthusiasm and excitement about... Read More our wedding, which really made everything go off without a hitch! They had a backup plan for everything in case something went wrong, but luckily the day turned out to be absolutely perfect. There were even some really cute areas inside and outside the venue for taking wedding photos. I would without a doubt recommend the Rhapsody to anyone looking for a beautiful, stress-free, and affordable wedding experience.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Tiffany W

I was the wedding coordinator for a friends wedding, the Rhapsody was absolutely great. The decorations was everything the bride wanted and more. The staff was great..I will definitely recommend the Rhapsody to future brides....Great place

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Heather W

I highly recommend Rhapsody! They made everything go smoothly so I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Shona R

They did such a fantastic job. The entire process went extremely smooth. They provided the wedding planner for the day and she was beyond perfect. Everything was set up perfect. It was a perfect wedding and reception

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Bailey F

The Rhapsody was AMAZING! They catered to our every need and made it so effortless to plan a wedding! Everything was so beautiful. It was better than I ever even imagined it could be!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Beth C

Absolutely AMAZING!!!😍 Our wedding was on 6/24/16. Rita and her crews were easy to work with and they were very hospitable👍🏻 I was worried about the wedding planning from the start to finish as I only had 6 months to plan it but Rita and her staff has made it super easy... Read More during the process to help me ease the stress of planning a wedding❤️ Rita made all the fresh flowers for our wedding party and they were just absolutely gorgeous😍 I mean I had a minor concern about the size of my bouquet on rehearsal night and was just going brush it off but Rita wanted my day to be perfect so she had contacted me later to let me know that she's going to fix my bouquet to make it better and I absolutely loved it!! She went above and beyond to make sure my day was perfect and to treat us just like family which is something that we'll treasure forever❤️ Also I wanted to thank our DJ Brian who made the night sooo much fun!!! My husband and I are not huge fans of dancing in front of ppl but we had such a blast that we couldn't contain ourselves that we made several appearances on the dance floor🤗 I am SOOO HAPPY that we had the chance to work with these wonderful ppl and gotten to know them a long the way! Thank you Rita, Brian and Liz for making our night so special🤗

2016-07-03T10:42:43 Response from the vendor

Dear Beth, Thank you for the wonderful review! We loved working with you. It was a beautiful day with beautiful people. Blessings to you both for a long, happy life together! Rita and Rhapsody Staff.

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Myah K

We loved the Rhapsody! The staff is so helpful and kind. It is a beautiful venue and I highly recommend it!

2016-07-03T10:49:56 Response from the vendor

Dear Myah and Brett, It was a pleasure to meet you both. We loved helping you create your dream wedding. Best wishes for a blessed life together. Rita and Rhapsody Staff.

Ultimately Wonderful

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Bobbi M

Rita and her crew were just amazing and willing to make changes to fit our wants. Least expensive compared to other venues. All of our guests said it was a beautiful place and wonderfully beautiful wedding. We choose to have wedding and reception all in one and wouldn't have... Read More done it any other way. With flower packages and all special amenities to choose from, the possibilities are endless. Thank you to Rita, Elizabeth, Amber, Bryan, and all other helpers. Thanks so much, Bobbi

Wonderful Family Experience

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Patricia & Jack L

The Rhapsody is the place for the wedding of your dreams! The family that owns it is so easy to work with! We were very happy with our decision to use the Rhapsody. Everything was so hassle free and relaxing! We highly recommend them and thanks to everyone at the Rhapsody!

Stunning! Like a fairytale!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Tina L

My family attended a wedding and reception at the Rhapsody last Summer. We were SO impressed that when my daughter got engaged we knew where to go! Rita has already gone above and beyond for us! We gave her a few pinterest pictures of centerpieces and she made them even better... Read More and more fantastic than we could have imagined! The in house DJ, Bryan, had a charismatic personality. Everyone was up and dancing the whole night! We've already booked him, too! I know my daughter's wedding will be amazing!

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I attended a party at the Rhapsody and had a great time. The venue was nicely set up and decorated beautifully. We really enjoyed the DJ and had so much fun with the in house photo booth. My son and I enjoyed going in to the photo booth with the costumes props and taking... Read More silly photos. I would recommend this venue for sure.

Classy and Elegant

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Amanda L

I attended an event at the Rhapsody. The centerpieces and decorations were lovely. The garden and waterfall were a big hit too! I decided to book my wedding there as well!

Touch of class.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Becka G

Let me just start with my husband and I live in Miami, Florida and got married in Kansas City, Missouri for family reasons. From the moment I started planning my "destination" wedding at the Rhapsody in Independence, Rita (the owner) was 100% supportive and helpful. She is very... Read More professional and understood that all our meetings would be done via phone. She was VERY accommodating to my schedule and flexible! Rita not only is a very personable and friendly owner she truly cared about me as a bride and that all my plans were going accordingly for my wedding. Rita made great suggestions for a bar service and catering since she knew i was planning from out of town and was not familiar with the area. The Rhapsody also has in house DJ and photo booth. We used the DJ and he was perfect as well! The whole staff at the Rhapsody was very professional and very accommodating with my requests. We had a themed wedding and they were glad to help make my vision come to life. The property easily fit our 100 guests, decorations, catering, and a decent size dance floor to party. The property has a beautiful garden out back and fun patio area where we set up our bar. It was perfect for our guests to also mingle outside since it was a perfect fall evening. I would highly recommend this location for any big event or party as a venue. The service and quality was great! Thank you Rita and the Rhapsody for making our BIG day classy and memorable.

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Heather S

The Rhapsody and their family are so great to work with! From start to finish, they have been by our side! Our wedding went so well - we couldn't have asked it to go any better! The Rhapsody is highly recommended and simply amazing!

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

Pros- Rita is sincere about wanting each bride to have the wedding that they want. She is very professional and helpful. We met with her at least three times to choose decorations, verify they were correct, and plan the initial choices. Elizabeth-our wedding coordinator... Read More was AMAZING! So sweet and helpful. I seriously would not have made it without all of her help on the wedding day. Decorations are amazing!! Each bride gets to choose their colors and arrangements and they are made especially for her using her colors and preferences. We had several compliments from guests. Set up is DONE!- All the tables, chairs, table cloths, buffet linens, sound, decorations are put up and ready to go when you walk in the door to start wedding prep. It was so nice not to have to worry about setting any of these things up. Catering- You can choose your own caterer and bring in whatever food/menu you would like. Outdoor Area- The back yard is like a wedding wonderland. The pictures on the website show the back drop. It is beautiful and can be tailored to each bride and her decor colors and preferences. Chairs set up outside for an out door wedding are set up and ready to go when you get there. Great view for an outside wedding. Video Recording- Video camera's can be hooked up to the sound for good sound quality. Insurance is Mandatory- I like that I have to pay for party insurance. If any of my guests got hurt or stupid- they were covered and it would not have to go against myself or the venue. House- Definately rent the house to get ready in if you can. It was great to have a place for everyone to gather, eat, relax and get dressed in. Clean Up- We paid the 150.00 for them to clean up and it was worth it. We just had to clear all of our things and they took care of the rest. Rehearsal- Each couple gets one hours to rehearse on site. This is SO nice! It helps everyone understand and see where they are supposed to be. Elizabeth was there for this part as well as the entire wedding. Round Tables- I really like the round tables. Reception Room- We set up for 250 people knowing we could overflow outside if necessary if we had more. Photo Booth onsite if you want to pay for it. Guests enjoyed it. Rain Plan- It rained the day of our wedding. I was not really prepared for that even though they had warned us about what might happen. Nothing could be set up outside. I don't blame the venue. I understand they need to protect their equipment. We ended up having everything inside. We had rehearsed it though so it was ok. Elizabeth worked with us well and got us all organized to have the wedding and reception inside. Cons- No ovens/warmers- All the food has to be brought hot and placed in food warmers. No Ice Machine- We had to bring in bags of ice. There is a gas station a block away so it wasn't an issue. Just would be nice to have an ice machine. Parking- Limited for a large wedding. I know they have overflow down the hill but for guests who are handicapped or elderly it would be a hard walk.

memories to last a lifetime

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 bridget h

My husband and I wanted JUST the right venue for our simple, indoor/outdoor, BEST DAY EVER....boy, oh boy, did the Rhapsody provide! Not only do they have the all in one venue, with an outdoor ceremony area, and indoor reception area, but also a cottage to boot. The cottage... Read More was amazing to get ready in all day, and not have to schlep all of my stuff and all my wedding parties things to and from. We were able to have our hair, make-up, snacks, and mimosas, all at an arms reach from the reception area....SO convenient! We decided to also use the house DJ, Bryan, and he was incredible as well. I was skeptical because usually when you do the whole package, something is lacking, and i had assumptions it would be the DJ....and i was really worried about people not dancing and making my wedding boring. Bryan came through and there was not one person sitting down! All i remember is everybody being on the dance floor, all the time!:) What a wonderful place, with wonderful people!! Another cool note.....if you're a musician like I am, you'll find it cool that The Rhapsody is also the home to The Musik Connection, where kids can learn piano!:)

October 10, 2015 Hughes Wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Rita and Bryan Scherer have got to be two of the most amazing business owners I have ever met. When we discovered this wonderful facility, I was at the end of my rope. Rita and I met and I knew I couldn't go anywhere else. The reception package we chose included everything we... Read More needed and more. Rita handled all of the reception decor, Bryan was our DJ (and the party did not stop) and the rest of the staff at the Rhapsody was just amazing. Rita took what little direction I gave her and turned it into a storybook reception. I had no doubt Rita would make this reception an event to remember & she did not disappoint. People go to wedding receptions and say that was nice, but this reception will be talked about for a very long time. This is truly thanks to the staff at the Rhapsody. If you are looking for a great group of people to work with and a beautiful facility to go along with it, then I highly suggest the Rhapsody! I could go on and on about what a joy the staff is and how beautiful the facility is, but I think you would be better off to go check it out yourself. Before you go, prepare to be amazed and don't look anywhere else b/c they are AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

It was a good day. Great customer service and very easy to work with. My wife was happy with the decorations and we were both very happy we chose the rhapsody.

mother of the groom

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

For the Rhapsody in Independence, MO We wanted a venue that offered a variety of options and found the Rhapsody and Rita to be a perfect fit for us. She was wonderful to work with us on the floor plan for the reception and set up outside for the outdoor wedding. The bride and... Read More groom selected to use the package that included Bryan the DJ who did an excellent job with the music and suggesting funs times during the dancing, the photo booth with Brett, which had lots of extras and was a real highlight, the cottage for the bride and her party to dress and relax before the wedding and Elizabeth who did an outstanding job as the wedding coordinator for our outdoor wedding. We also used the buffet room which was also beautiful and so nice to have a separate area to close off when the serving was done. Our favorite photo spot was the waterfall and stunning flower garden. The archways inside the hall were beautifully decorated to match out color scheme. We opted to decorate our own tables but the tables were set up with chairs around and linens were draped. 5 star accomodations!

Wonderful day!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Everyone at the Rhapsody was wonderful and made my brother's wedding awesome! They worked hand in hand with us to make sure that everyone felt comfortable. They made sure we had everything we needed and went out of their way to put personal touches on the decorations. I love the... Read More fact that we didn't feel like it was a cookie cutter facility, but rather an open venue that listened to our wants and needs. Will DEFINITELY use them again with my own daughters.

Meet The Manager

Bryan Scherer

Hello everyone! My name is Bryan Scherer, I am the Building Manager/In House DJ for The Rhapsody. That's my beautiful, soon-to-be wife on the left. :) To answer your question, Yes! We are getting married at The Rhapsody! Chances are, when you book a tour at The Rhapsody, you'll meet me first! I know, I'm excited, too! You'll also meet my mother, Rita. She's our master florist. That's right, we are a family business that has delivered over 400 custom dream weddings since 2008. We take pride in a happy bride!! Give us a call! 816-795-0777

Start a Conversation!