The Rhapsody - Wedding and Reception Hall

Independence, MO

Jackson County's Premier Wedding & Reception Venue

*Intimate Garden Ceremony & Elegant Ballroom Reception* Wedding & Reception Packages Include: 12 hour Rental + 1 hour Rehearsal - Tables, Chairs, Set Up & Take Down - Linens - your choice of colors! - Centerpieces in a variety of options: Vases, Candles & Lanterns - On-site Rhapsody Wedding Coordinator - On-site Rhapsody Reception Host - Buffet Room & Catering Kitchen - Bridal Cottage! 6 hours to use on your big day! - Decorated Archways to match your personalized colors - Up Lighting with your personalized colors in Archways & Buffet Room - Free Consultations to Create your Dream Wedding Vision! - Centerpiece Design, Floor Plan Layout & Time Line Planning - FREE Parking, Handicap Parking, Handicap Accessible - PLUS Open Catering! AND Bring in Your Own Alcohol!

Ballroom, Garden

Planning

2322 East R D Mize Road, Independence, MO (816) 795-0777

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kristin R

The entire staff at The Rhapsody was truly amazing! This place has it all -- onsite DJ, photo booth, coordinator, and even their own centerpieces Bryan, who was our DJ was truly fantastic. I kept getting asked where I found him! He made the reception and dinner and... Read More anything and everything we needed music for wonderful and even worked with all my Disney requests! Fabulous! Brett, who worked the photo booth, the overall photo booth experience was fantastic. We got to keep a strip of every photo taken and people were able to see a stream of pictures as well as the photos went online so everyone could see. It was worth the extra money! Liz was our coordinator. SHE WAS THE BEST THING EVER. She helped with deliveries, crazy requests, last minute details, random questions, and kept everyone calm. Get her if all possible for your wedding! Rita made my centerpieces. It was so easy just seeing what she had and making something beautiful. She hand makes them all and I had so much to choose from! Beautiful purple arrangements with lights and bling. Loved them all! Our ceremony was outside, and it was just truly beautiful. The garden and waterfall was a beautiful back drop. I highly recommend The Rhapsody! Staff is fantastic and easy to work with and to keep you calm on your special day.

The perfect day

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jean S

I absolutely recommend the Rhapsody to every detail oriented Bride looking for a stress free and memorable day! I am so thankful I chose the Rhapsody. It's a family owned and operated venue so everyone is involved and dedicated to making your day perfect! Rita helped me along... Read More the way with all the details and then some! She's a life savor! Bryan is their in-house DJ. I also highly recommend using him! He will not disappoint. He gets the crowd laughing and up to dance the night away. A DJ can totally make or break a reception and he is top notch!

Beautiful And Elegant Venue

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

As parents of the bride we both worried how to make this our daughters dream. That worry was something that Rita of "The Rhapsody" made go away. She and her crew of professionals made that dream happen and turned the whole process into reality. The Venue is both elegant... Read More and beautiful from the Garden Wedding to the dinning and Ballroom area. The DJ was fantastic and ran the wedding dance and reception functions with style. Everyone commented on how much fun they had and wished they could keep the music going even though he had played for more than 4 hours. We highly recommend this Venue, "The Rhapsody" and again "Thank You Rita"

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Alicia M

Hello, I got married at the Rhapsody on July 29, 2017. All I can say is OMG! I am still amazed at how Rita and her family made my vision come true. Bryan was amazing and help us out in any way he could. Elizabeth was my day or coordinator, and I must say she did a heck of a... Read More job! Our weeding was a dram come true. Even with all of the changes and mishaps we had. This experience was truly amazing. I feel like I have gained my family from another mother. Although I don't miss the planning, I would totally redo my wedding just to have a 10 star experience with my My Rhapsody family again. I would highly recommend the Rhapsody to anyone looking for a family orientated venue for their needs! Thanks to my Rhapsody family, Alicia McKnight- Burns

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Riesha C

I recommend The Rhapsody venue to Any and every bride that comes my way! Rita was so awesome and our day was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. She truly made my dream come to life. To any bride that wants a stress free wedding I highly recommend the Rhapsody nothing but... Read More good things to say about this venue & the owner.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Daniel S

Over all this business captured perfection on every angle from the beauty of the decorations to the performance driven personality of the D.J. I strongly recommend this venue to any one who is looking for a spectacular event full of breath taking moments for their special... Read More wedding.

2017-06-21T16:15:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful review! The Rhapsody staff feels connected to every family, every bride and every groom! We know how important it is that this ONE DAY be PERFECT! We take it as a personal challenge, just as if it were our own... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Rachel S

I couldn't be more happy with the job Rhapsody did helping us plan our wedding. Everything was beautiful from the hall to the flowers to the garden. Rita and her staff were friendly and caring. They went the extra mile to assure everything was perfect. All the guests loved... Read More the decorations. Brian the DJ was a lot of fun and kept the party rolling. The coordinators were awesome. We couldn't have done it without them. I highly recommend them. They were wonderful to work with.

2017-06-21T03:47:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! We loved meeting your family and working together. What a beautiful wedding day! Please come by when you're in the area so we can stay in touch. We wish you many blessed, happy years together!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Regie M

Great experience, they handled everything beautifully and worked with us to meet all our needs. All the guests loved the decorations and the venue. Many, many compliments from all the guests. The DJ, Brian, was awesome as were the wedding coordinators. Extremely friendly and... Read More made everything a joy for us, the stressed out parents of the bride. Rita was always available and willing to work with us and keep us on track. She also did the wedding flowers and they were beautiful. Five stars is not enough for the great job they did.

2017-06-21T03:32:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your heart warming review! We loved meeting and working with your family. And we wish Rachel and Danny many happy memories from their beautiful wedding day. Hope to see you again at the Rhapsody.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Jasmine V

My wedding was AMAZING here. I am so happy I chose to work with them because Rita and her staff made sure that my big day was PERFECT. The in house Dj was perfect and very versatile. He knows exactly what he is doing. The coordinator Liz was even amazing and she made sure my day... Read More went smoothly and that I was stress free. I didn't have to worry about anything and that was perfect. I really had nothing to worry about. It is very obvious that ALL of the staff are highly EXPERIENCED. My wedding day was really a fairy tale wedding and the set up was EVERYTHING that I always dreamt it to be. They did an amazing job! Thank you so much. I am OVERLY satisfied. I wish I could give 100 stars.

2017-06-21T03:40:04 Response from the vendor

Dear Jasmine, Thank you for your wonderful review. We graciously except all 100 stars:) Your mother's phone call the day after the wedding to say thank you, meant so much to me. We loved meeting your family and being apart of your "fairy tale" wedding.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Amy O

What a magical and wonderful venue, I was talking the Rhapsody up before my wedding, but after I had even more great things to say about all of the dedicated staff and the beautiful atmosphere that they provided for me and my new husband's big day. I would recommend this venue... Read More to anybody… My husband and I had a year and a half to plan our wedding so I did a lot of research of many different venues all over the Kansas City Metro area and even as far as Lawrence and I couldn't be happier that I picked the rhapsody!

2017-06-21T03:51:15 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy you chose the Rhapsody and loved working with you and your family. We wish you a long, blessed life together and hope you'll come by the Rhapsody when you're in the area so we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Jamesha H

Mrs. Rita and Mrs. Elizabeth you guys rock! I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else. Thank you! for helping bring my dream wedding to reality. The entire staff was very pleasant and helpful. Mr. and Mrs. Hawkins 05/20/17

2017-06-21T03:55:19 Response from the vendor

Dear Jamesha and Larry, Thank you for the great review! We think you ROCK, too! And loved meeting and working together on your beautiful wedding! We wish you a lifetime of blessings, filled with love and laughter!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Lora H

Absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Ashleigh R

The Rhapsody made planning our wedding reception easy and stress free, and it was better than I ever could have imagined!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kennedy K

My sister was the Bride, myself a Bridesmaid. And we were both blown away with the help and services from The Rhapsody-Independence. Rita and the rest of the crew were willing to help with anything and everything to ensure the day was flawless. We loved the DJ, he knew how to... Read More keep everyone up and dancing which was great. Our day was fantastic, mostly due to the help from The Rhapsody. Highly recommend them to anyone searching for a venue with all 9 yards. We'll definitely be back.

2017-06-21T03:57:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the awesome review! We loved working with your family and look forward to seeing you all again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katey G

They did an awesome job. They were all very very nice people. They were willing to help with anything we needed. Would definitely recommend using them.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016

The Rhapsody was an A+ venue. Not only were the owners and staff professional, but kind and caring as well. Would definitely refer to friends and family.

2017-06-21T04:01:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! We loved meeting and working together on your beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kimber K

Our Wedding was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We are so thankful that we chose the Rhapsody. The Scherer family went so far above and beyond to make our day so much more special than we could have ever imagined! Thank you so much!

2017-06-21T03:59:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review! We loved working with your family. Beautiful wedding and Beautiful family. Have a blessed life together!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alesa D

Rita and her team were amazing from the very beginning. I had no doubt that my reception would be great and it was. The Rhapsody took care of the set up, decorations, linens, clean up and bouquets. I just had to tell Rita what I wanted and she took care of the rest. I would... Read More definitely recommend The Rhapsody for any event!

2016-11-02T09:49:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review. We loved every minute helping create your beautiful wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jeremy L

We were very fortunate to have the Rhapsody host our wedding on October 1st; with only three months to plan it we didn't think we'd find such a wonderful location. They are incredibly easy to work with and accommodating. Rita put together the most incredible flower arrangements... Read More and centerpieces. Kaci bustled my wife's dress, assisted the wedding photographer, and took care of everything so that our day would be free of worries. Bryan was entertaining and energetic as our DJ and kept everyone on the dance floor until the very end. I will recommend The Rhapsody to anybody who asks, five stars easily. Rebekah and Jeremy

2016-11-02T09:48:38 Response from the vendor

Dear Rebekah and Jeremy, What a JOY to meet you both and have the pleasure of helping you with your wedding day! Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you again someday. Have a Blessed Life Together! Rita and the Rhapsody... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kevin H

Absolutely amazing people and venue. Everyone there was so amazingly helpful and did all they could to make our special day amazing. The fact that they were full service and offered many amenities took a lot of the pressure off. They did amazing job decorating the venue and our... Read More flowers it was absolutely stunning. They truly went above and beyond. If I could give them 10 stars they'd deserve every bit of it. I'll never forget how helpful and caring everyone was there on our big day. At the end of it, it felt more like we made friends than a business transaction.

2016-11-02T09:45:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your heartfelt review. With every wedding we expand our friendships and family circle to include wonderful people just like you! We wish you a long, blessed life together.Come by and say hi sometime soon. Rita and Rhapsody Staff.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jessica H

I normally don't submit reviews, but The Rhapsody deserves every word of praise I can say. This venue is owned by a family, so you can get multiple services from them. We had our floral and DJ through them. Rita took my Pinterest pins and recreated them. She bet all of the... Read More estimates we gave her. She was always willing to help in any way possible, especially when it came to emotional support. Bryan was our DJ and kept the party going until closing time while being professional the whole way. Every time my husband and myself emailed anyone from The Rhapsody, we received a prompt email back. Elizabeth and Anna were our assigned wedding coordinators and they made sure everything went as smooth as possible on our special day. We will truly miss communicating with each and every one of them. Thank you immensely Rita, Bryan, and The Rhapsody family. You will not be disappointed in going with this venue.

2016-11-02T09:42:12 Response from the vendor

Dear Jessica and Kevin, Thank you for sharing your wedding day at the Rhapsody and the kind words in your review. We loved working with you and your family. What a beautiful experience! Rita and Rhapsody staff.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Amanda C

I am so glad that we chose The Rhapsody for our wedding and reception venue! It was hard to believe that we were able to get such a gorgeous place for such an affordable price! The staff was extremely help and accommodating. They showed a lot of enthusiasm and excitement about... Read More our wedding, which really made everything go off without a hitch! They had a backup plan for everything in case something went wrong, but luckily the day turned out to be absolutely perfect. There were even some really cute areas inside and outside the venue for taking wedding photos. I would without a doubt recommend the Rhapsody to anyone looking for a beautiful, stress-free, and affordable wedding experience.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Tiffany W

I was the wedding coordinator for a friends wedding, the Rhapsody was absolutely great. The decorations was everything the bride wanted and more. The staff was great..I will definitely recommend the Rhapsody to future brides....Great place

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Heather W

I highly recommend Rhapsody! They made everything go smoothly so I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Shona R

They did such a fantastic job. The entire process went extremely smooth. They provided the wedding planner for the day and she was beyond perfect. Everything was set up perfect. It was a perfect wedding and reception

Meet The Manager

Bryan Scherer

Hello everyone! My name is Bryan Scherer, I am the Building Manager/In House DJ for The Rhapsody. That is my beautiful wife, Amanda, on the left. To answer your question, Yes! We were married at The Rhapsody! Chances are, when you book a tour at The Rhapsody, you will meet me first! I know, I am excited, too! You will also meet my mother, Rita. She is our master florist. That is right, we are a family business that has delivered over 400 custom dream weddings since 2008. We take pride in a happy bride!! Give us a call! 816-795-0777