The Richard Nixon Library Foundation

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Sitting amidst nine acres of lush landscape in Yorba Linda, California, the Richard Nixon Library Foundation, also known as the Nixon Library, is a truly unique historical venue. This majestic building and its surrounding gardens are ideal for couples who want a wedding that's both tranquil and elegant. Both the outdoor ceremony site and indoor reception site offer a stunning backdrop for wedding photos. Able to accommodate up to 400 guests for a ceremony and up to 500 for a reception, the Nixon Library makes both intimate and expansive events feel special.

The First Lady’s Rose Garden is home to hundreds of flowers to create a special ceremony. The lawn is suitable for up to 400 guests. Areas within the garden to exchange vows include a reflecting pool or the foundation's Birthplace cottage, framed by immense pepper trees.

The East Room , with its glittering chandeliers, silk draperies and marble fireplaces, is a stunning reception area. It can accommodate many events and features a wooden terrazzo floor for couples to dance the night away.

The venue rental includes use of the Rose Gardens and the East Room for seven hours, either 4-11 p.m. or 5 p.m.-12 a.m. It also includes two hours of setup and one hour of breakdown time. Daytime events are an option but may cost more. The Nixon Library is available seven days a week; however, Friday-Sunday is more expensive. Rates vary based on whether the event is in the daytime or evening and on the date it's scheduled: January-February, March-April, May-August or September-December. Holidays incur additional costs.

Couples must use one of the venue's preferred caterers. The caterers provide customizable, five-star menus. All catering packages include dinnerware, glassware and tableware, floor length linens, staffing, bar packages and setup and cleanup.

Renting the Rose Garden includes café chairs, rehearsal time, microphones and sound, as well as private rooms for the bride and groom. Couples renting the East Room receive exclusive use of this venue for their wedding reception. The East Room includes beautiful Versailles reception chairs, cocktail tables, banquet tables, a gift table and a cake table. Secure, on-site parking is free.

In addition to its historical significance, the Nixon Library offers couples the following:

• The largest public rose garden in Orange County
  • The only replica of the White House's East Room
  • Ethnic catering packages
  • Security for up to 300 guests
  • Gold easels for event photo displays

Orange County's most talked about wedding location

We have a glowing reputation for hosting Orange County's most talked about weddings. Our tranquil reflecting pool is the perfect backdrop for your ceremony. Then move into the magnificent White House East Room for your reception. Tour our expansive exhibit galleries! Call now for amazing 2015 rates!

Ballroom, Garden, Library, Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Shuttle Service, Transportation

18001 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA (714) 364-1182
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Ashley H

I just got married at the Richard Nixon Library a couple of weeks ago and WOW! We had a vintage Hollywood/Gatsby theme wedding and it was breathtaking. Nixon Library grounds are well maintained and beautiful! The ballroom is one of a kind!!! We received so many compliments on... Read More the chandlers and gold accents around the room. Jenny, our event coordinator was so amazing! She was on top of every detail, got back to me quickly with all my questions, and just a pleasure to work with. Jackie, another event coordinator was incredibly helpful as well. I appreciate your patience and excellent customer services. Thank you so much guys for making my dream wedding come alive! I highly recommend getting married here .The Nixon Library will always hold a special place in our hearts!

My Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Jessica T

Since the moment we contacted the Nixon Library about our interest, they provided exceptional customer service! Their attention to detail and excellent communication was greatly appreciated through each step along the way. As for the day of, all I can say is, "Wow!" Our Nixon... Read More Coordinator, Jenny, was fantastic and worked with each of our vendors and our personal Day of Coordinator. I can only say amazing things about the staff and of course must mention how BEAUTIFUL the venue is inside and out! I am so happy I was able to have my wedding at the Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace!

BEAUTIFUL Venue!

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Cindy W. C

My wedding was at the Richard Nixon Library and it was beautiful! The had our ceremony in the garden and the banquet in the East Ball Room. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful our wedding venue was! We didn't have a string quartet in our budget but the Nixon... Read More already had speakers so we just had our music on an ipod and the Nixon staff took care of the rest. It was flawless. Everyone at Nixon is a pleasure to work with and what you get at the end is a gorgeous venue along with people who make your day go that much smoother.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Emily D

Amazing venue! Due to it raining on our wedding day, the Nixon crew worked with our vendors to move everything inside. It was stemless and so beautiful. Jackie was easy to work with and great at communication. The staff and security have been a pleasure to work with as well.... Read More Every time we showed up, they welcomed my husband and I. Everyone onsite went above and beyond to make our day so special. I cannot thank Jackie and the Nixon Foundation enough for making our wedding a dream come true. I highly recommend this venue and staff. We would not have changed a thing.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Sarah G

We just got married here in November. And we cannot say enough about how perfect the day was. The venue is beautiful, everyone is so nice and so helpful - it was such an amazing experience. We cannot thank the staff at the library enough for all of their help and support through... Read More the entire planning process. Best day ever!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Katy B

This venue was incredible! Laura is great, and was always there to answer any questions. It's so elegant, and perfect for weddings!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Sogol A

This is one of the greatest, most beautiful and historical place as wedding venue. It made such a great memoy for us on our wedding day. All our guests were in love with this place. All their staffs are so caring and professional. We were so happy to choose Richard Nixon Library... Read More as our wedding venue.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Wesley H

The Nixon Library was absolutely fantastic! The guests loved the outdoor garden and reflection pool where we held our ceremony. It was spacious enough for everyone to walk around during the cocktail hour and truly enjoy the late afternoon. The garden also had several good photo... Read More spots where the photographer could take stunning couples and family pictures. The East room, which is conveniently right next to the garden and indoors, provided a very beautiful reception setting with the chandeliers and dimmed lighting. The reception area was perfect as everyone had enough space to dance and also to sit comfortably at their tables. Everything was arranged in the perfect manner and easily accessible to everyone. The event staff were very courteous and we did not have a single crisis during the entire wedding. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 ann t

The Richard Nixon library is the absolute perfect wedding venue. Everyone one of the staff were extremely helpful from the day we booked the venue to the day of our wedding. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and would definitely recommend this venue to... Read More anyone.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Megan C

We had a great experience with the Nixon Library! From the decor (classic and beautiful, we didn't even need a ton of decorations), to the service, to the communication with the staff - everything went perfectly for us. I can't imagine having gotten married anywhere else.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 arielle w

After deciding that my fiancee and I wanted to get married in California, I immediately started looking over wedding websites for the best venues. I wanted something unique, not your typical beach wedding. Then I happened to stumble upon The Richard Nixon Library- and I thought... Read More "How cool would that be??!". The photos looked amazing- the ballroom, the gardens, the lobby... I sold myself on this place before I even saw it for myself. We went ahead and took a trip down there, and were given a tour of the facility. Jackie walked us through the packages, dates, and different amenities available. Let me tell you, it is as beautiful as the pictures look. The facilities are clean, the people are polite, and its already decorated nicely. (being out of state, that was a huge help). The staff at the Nixon is timely and knowledgeable on what the wedding package includes. Unfortunately, the weekend venue price was a little out of our budget, however the Friday venue price was pretty affordable. They require catering through one of two companies (we chose White House Catering) and they did a phenomenal job. There is nothing I regret about this place. It is so perfect for a wedding, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for "something other" than a beach wedding in SoCal.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Ryan L

Michelle and I were wed on August 5th, and we could not have asked for a more perfect day. The reception at the Nixon Library exceeded not only our dreams, but the guests that attended as well. The staff was extremely considerate, professional and RESPONSIVE. We didn't need... Read More to worry anything falling through the cracks, as they were proactive and accommodating. I 100% recommend having your big day at the Nixon...you will be glad you did!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Dianne K

Not just a beautiful venue, a jaw-dropping elegant East Room reception followed a florist's dream wedding in the Gardens. And being a presidential library, this site will remain for children and grandchildren to visit in decades to come. The Nixon Library staff are well... Read More informed and good communicators. The list of vendors they provided helped us. It was a beautiful day and dancing all night, followed by the bride & groom's exit while guests held sparklers. Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Sica G

I cannot say enough great things about the Richard Nixon Library. We recently had our wedding here in June 2016. It was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. Every single person who we worked with at the library was pleasant and determined to help give me the perfect... Read More wedding. I am still receiving complements on my wedding venue. The Rose Garden is the perfect place to host the ceremony while the East Ballroom provides a large, classy space to hold your reception. I highly recommend that you consider the Richard Nixon Library for your wedding venue. Your wedding will be gorgeous, classy, and memorable.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Mufaddal F

amazing venue, very elegant and beautiful. inside and outside. staff was also on too of everything and friendly. had an awesome event here!!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016

After researching numerous ideal wedding venues in the OC, my husband and I are soooo happy that we chose the Nixon Library to hold our wedding day festivities. It was the beautiful outdoor garden ceremony area and the extravagant feel of the reception hall (which was a replica... Read More of the East Room of the White House) that got us saying "I do" to the venue. Not only was it everything we were looking, but the cost to rent the venue was very reasonable in terms of the all the services and amount of time that was available for us to rent the location. We worked with Jackie throughout the whole process and are grateful for everything she has helped us out with. When we mentioned to her that we were going for a Lego themed wedding, she was very open minded and encouraging. Jackie was very attentive to our needs and requests, responded to our e-mails almost immediately, and even personally helped us load all of our decorations the day before our wedding. We are so thankful for her and the entire staff at the Nixon Library. They usually host open house events throughout the year where you can check out the site, mingle with other vendors, and do a sample taste tests with their preferred caterers. We highly suggest attending if you are interested in booking this venue.

Nixon Library Perfect for Our Wedding

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Jaclyn L

My wife and I had our wedding at the Nixon Library. The moment you step into the Nixon Library, we felt that this place is well organized, professional, classy, and presentable - all the characteristics of what we were looking for while searching around at wedding venues.... Read More Jackie was our main point of contact at the Nixon Library, and she was incredibly nice. She made sure we were comfortable and answered all our questions in a timely manner, so we knew we were in good hands. She was responsible and easy to work with. When it came to the wedding day, we were expecting it to potentially rain during our ceremony, so the Nixon Library was accommodating with provided many backup options. The whole wedding went very smoothly since the Nixon Library had a list of approved vendors for which we chose from. Picking vendors from this approval list just assured that the vendors were top notch and have worked well with the library before. We got a lot of friends and family that enjoyed our wedding at the Nixon, and told us afterwards that the venue was beautiful. We made the right decision going here given all the positive feedback we received.

Nixon is beyond breathtaking!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Danielle N

Words can not describe the love I have for this venue. Besides the fact that it is breathtaking, everyone at the Nixon is amazing, especially Laura! The venue is affordable, they are professional and they go above and beyond to make your wedding special!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Holly E

Carrie & Jackie from the Nixon are incredibly awesome! The staff makes you feel so special and you don't have to worry about a thing. The Nixon is a wonderful place to have your wedding if you want your guests to have a memorable experience. The grounds are gorgeous along with... Read More the ball room. You'll definitely feel "presidential."

You can't get a better, more personal venue

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Anne-Marie D

The Nixon Library was just the ideal venue for our wedding. There are so many things we loved about the venue, it is hard to summarize but we will try. The venue was spectacularly beautiful. I'm an OC native and never knew the Library had a giant, beautiful ballroom. We... Read More loved that the venue was private to just us. After attending multiple weddings over the past few years, we realized how important it is to have that privacy. The Library has a list of vendors it works with and they are all fabulous. You really can't go wrong with this venue or the vendors they work with. They're all super professional and very on top of things.

A Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Brittany C

I am so grateful we found the Nixon Library. The venue is beautiful, our pictures look amazing! They provide so much for you and at a very affordable cost. Made planning so much easier! The staff was incredible! Answered emails the same day. My wedding ran right on time,... Read More they were prepared and made me feel like a queen! The day was perfect! If I had to do it all over again I will still choose the Nixon Library, without a doubt!

Amazingly beautiful

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Josephine C

I recently got married on October 3rd and we used the Richard Nixon Library for our reception. Not only was the venue very meaningful for us, but it was everything we could ever hope for. The venue itself is beautiful inside and out! The East Wing is a replica of the White House... Read More East Wing, but bigger. We were able to fit 430 guests with the extension room. Even with that big of a guest count the room still seemed very spacious! The outside part of the venue is just as gorgeous too. Every picture we took with our photographer photographed so well in the garden. There is just so much background to use for your photos. Every picture we took at this place turned out amazing. We were so blessed to have perfect weather that the lighting was amazing! In terms of working with the venue, they very easy to work with and very flexible. Laura was so accommodating and super friendly! She always sent reminders for our payments and she was always good about responding to our calls and emails. Overall, the staff members were very professional and very easy to work with! I'm so happy we made the right choice!

best venue ever!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Michelle N

We used the Richard Nixon Library for our wedding on 8/1/2015 and honestly we could not have chosen a better place. Once i saw the chandeliers in the east room, i knew we had to have it. We even pushed out our desired date to get the venue. I will say that it is pricey but SO... Read More worth the money! The staff is so friendly. We worked with Laura and she was so nice and extremely responsive whenever we had questions. On the day of, everyone went out of their way to make sure our wedding was perfect. All our guests loved the venue as well, from how beautiful the ballroom was, to how enjoyable walking around the rose garden was. We get comments all the time about how amazing the venue is! I will say though, that their dates book up FAST so get it while you can!

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Deby B

My husband & I got married at Richard Nixon Library in June 2015! We had the ceremony outside in the garden & the reception in the East Room. The staff was absolutely amazing to work with! Laura Machin was so helpful in regards to the whole planning & layout! All questions I had... Read More asked were answered, giving me a no worry wedding day! They provide an in-house coordinator for the wedding day & that eased the stress a lot! Everything flowed so smoothly & I wouldn't have had such a beautiful day if it wasn't for this whole team! For our reception, we went through White House Catering, which I highly recommend as well! The venue at Richard Nixon Library is absolutely breathtaking! We fell in love with the grand ballroom tying into our Classic Elegance wedding theme perfectly! I would highly recommend going with Richard Nixon Library as wedding venue! You won't regret it! I sure didn't!

Best Venue in California!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Blanca G

I recently held my wedding at the Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace. Let me begin by suggesting that the RNL is the BEST venue in Southern California! I highly recommend to everyone. The RNL is a historic location with a Glorious Garden full of beautiful roses. The Nixon... Read More birthplace house sits on the property amongst some large shady tees. The long pond like water hole fits the garden perfect drawing the sunlight just before a sunset. The whole property really is a photographers dream! The customer service at the RNL is outstanding! I work as a customer service specialist for one of the leading automobile manufacturers in the world. I appreciate and highly value good CS, and that is exactly what i received from Laura (coordinator, RNL) as well as the entire staff. Even the security was very respectable. Immediately entering the RNL, you are greeted by a gorgeous entry way with long hall of flags leading to Yorba Linda's own rendition of the White House East Room. Pictures do not do this room justice! Chandeliers and Fireplaces compliment the high ceilings and white pillars. The room allows good sound travel so music sounds great. Ample parking for any size wedding. Price is very fair and a great value! Overall, I was very impressed with the RNL and thank them for their services. -Evan Valle