The Richard Nixon Library Foundation

Yorba Linda, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The Richard Nixon Library Foundation

A BALLROOM IN YORBA LINDA, CA

Sitting amidst nine acres of lush landscape in Yorba Linda, California, the Richard Nixon Library Foundation, also known as the Nixon Library, is a truly unique historical venue. This majestic building and its surrounding gardens are ideal for couples who want a wedding that's both tranquil and elegant. Both the outdoor ceremony site and indoor reception site offer a stunning backdrop for wedding photos. Able to accommodate up to 400 guests for a ceremony and up to 500 for a reception, the Nixon Library makes both intimate and expansive events feel special.

The First Lady’s Rose Garden is home to hundreds of flowers to create a special ceremony. The lawn is suitable for up to 400 guests. Areas within the garden to exchange vows include a reflecting pool or the foundation's Birthplace cottage, framed by immense pepper trees.

The East Room , with its glittering chandeliers, silk draperies and marble fireplaces, is a stunning reception area. It can accommodate many events and features a wooden terrazzo floor for couples to dance the night away.

The venue rental includes use of the Rose Gardens and the East Room for seven hours, either 4-11 p.m. or 5 p.m.-12 a.m. It also includes two hours of setup and one hour of breakdown time. Daytime events are an option but may cost more. The Nixon Library is available seven days a week; however, Friday-Sunday is more expensive. Rates vary based on whether the event is in the daytime or evening and on the date it's scheduled: January-February, March-April, May-August or September-December. Holidays incur additional costs.

Couples must use one of the venue's preferred caterers. The caterers provide customizable, five-star menus. All catering packages include dinnerware, glassware and tableware, floor length linens, staffing, bar packages and setup and cleanup.

Renting the Rose Garden includes café chairs, rehearsal time, microphones and sound, as well as private rooms for the bride and groom. Couples renting the East Room receive exclusive use of this venue for their wedding reception. The East Room includes beautiful Versailles reception chairs, cocktail tables, banquet tables, a gift table and a cake table. Secure, on-site parking is free.

In addition to its historical significance, the Nixon Library offers couples the following:

• The largest public rose garden in Orange County
  • The only replica of the White House's East Room
  • Ethnic catering packages
  • Security for up to 300 guests
  • Gold easels for event photo displays

Orange County's most talked about wedding location

Set on nine lush acres, The Nixon Library is a one-of-a-kind venue that marries timeless elegance, tranquility and a rich history, to create the perfect setting for your special day. The First Lady’s Rose Garden is the perfect setting for your special “I Do”. Whether you imagine a small, intimate affair or a large, lavish event, the Nixon Library’s expansive lawn can accommodate up to 400 guests. Choose our tranquil reflecting pool, or quaint Birthplace cottage for your ceremony backdrop. Host a stunning reception in the only replica of the White House East Room. The East Room features three magnificent crystal chandeliers, golden Italian silk draperies, imported marble fireplaces, and a gorgeous wooden terrazzo floor for dancing the night away!

Ballroom, Garden, Library, Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Shuttle Service, Transportation

18001 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA (714) 364-1182
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jayna D

As a kid I grew up around the corner from the The Richard Nixon Library and knew that when I had found my special person it would be on the short list for our wedding venue. This venue offers a beautiful flower and rose garden for an outdoor ceremony and the beautiful east room... Read More for the reception. The hallway utilized for the cocktail hour had plenty of space for guests to spread out and enjoy drinks and appetizers. There are plenty of restrooms so guest will not have to spend time waiting in line. My family and I received so many compliments on the beauty of the venue and how amazing it looked. I had many people asking if we had spent $100,000 on our wedding and believe me we didn't spend nearly that much. The staff responded quickly to emails and phone calls and were beyond helpful! Depending on what day you select it can be pricey and I would recommend checking out their two caters to ensure they will also meet your needs as well (both are great). They do some open houses so you can sample the food and tour the venue before selecting them. Overall I would highly recommend this venue as a place for a beyond beautiful wedding and can't thank them enough for making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Ashley H

I just got married at the Richard Nixon Library a couple of weeks ago and WOW! We had a vintage Hollywood/Gatsby theme wedding and it was breathtaking. Nixon Library grounds are well maintained and beautiful! The ballroom is one of a kind!!! We received so many compliments on... Read More the chandlers and gold accents around the room. Jenny, our event coordinator was so amazing! She was on top of every detail, got back to me quickly with all my questions, and just a pleasure to work with. Jackie, another event coordinator was incredibly helpful as well. I appreciate your patience and excellent customer services. Thank you so much guys for making my dream wedding come alive! I highly recommend getting married here .The Nixon Library will always hold a special place in our hearts!

My Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Jessica T

Since the moment we contacted the Nixon Library about our interest, they provided exceptional customer service! Their attention to detail and excellent communication was greatly appreciated through each step along the way. As for the day of, all I can say is, "Wow!" Our Nixon... Read More Coordinator, Jenny, was fantastic and worked with each of our vendors and our personal Day of Coordinator. I can only say amazing things about the staff and of course must mention how BEAUTIFUL the venue is inside and out! I am so happy I was able to have my wedding at the Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Angelica F

The Richard Nixon Library was the perfect venue for my husband and me. It is perfect for an elegant wedding. From the very beginning to the end of the planning process was easy. They recommended the best catering company and Wedding Planner. Our wedding was perfect! Jackie, at... Read More Richard Nixon helped make the wedding planning process easy. I probably asked her a million and one questions and she was always so quick to respond and so patient with us. The venue is gorgeous inside and out. We received so many compliments from our guests that the venue was beautiful and the most beautiful wedding they've been to. Thank you Jackie and Staff for making my wedding day better than I could imagine. I definitely recommend Richard Nixon Library for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Irene O

I had my wedding at the Richard Nixon Library this past weekend and it was one of the best decisions I made. I was looking for an elegant venue with an outdoor garden for ceremony and indoor reception that would be able to hold a large crowd (I was expecting about 200 + guests),... Read More and the Nixon library was above and beyond what I had expected. The venue is beautiful inside and out. We didn't need much for decor as the venue was gorgeous in itself. I worked with Jackie throughout the whole planning process and she was amazing. She is very responsive to emails and so helpful when it came to suggestions. My guests loved walking around the garden during cocktail hour and we have received many compliments on the venue.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Karisa T

HANDS DOWN the BEST venue to get married at!!! Everything about the venue is gorgeous and spacious. Guests don't worry about parking. Don't worry about buying too many flowers because ceremony in garden is beautiful. Choose Jason's catering through this venue and you won't... Read More regret it!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Tiffany C

Since our first visit at the Nixon Library, we knew that we wanted to have our wedding there -- the garden and ballroom are beautiful!/elegant. Communication with the Nixon Library was super easy and pleasant and Jenny was able to answer all of my questions with amazing speed... Read More (sometimes she responded within minutes!). We had an amazing experience and our guests had a wonderful time.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Tracy W

We had such an amazing experience planning our wedding at Nixon Library from start to finish! Everyone we worked with was so accommodating and helpful and easy to get in contact with! I would absolutely recommend hosting events at Nixon Library. I could not imagine a more... Read More perfect day and they definitely helped us pull it off!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 TreAna H

This venue is elegant, clean, spacious, the staff is professional, and my wedding day was perfect!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Stephanie H

The Richard Nixon was the compromise between what I wanted and what my parents wanted but ultimately my wedding was amazing and beautiful, everything went off without a hitch. The Richard Nixon is extremely accommodating and answered all questions promptly.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Clara H

I booked the Nixon Library in 2016 for my wedding and from start to finish, it was nothing but an incredible experience. Laura was great in answering all of my questions, and when she went on maternity leave I worked with Jenny. Everyone on staff was always very professional and... Read More friendly, even through a mishap I experienced during their construction phase. The day of was wonderful, I have nothing but great things to say. Thank you everyone at Nixon for helping us celebrate such a beautiful day.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Laura W

We had our wedding at the Richard Nixon Library January 2017. The Library is the perfect venue for a gorgeous wedding. It provides a beautiful background for an elegant event. The staff were extremely professional and helpful from the day we contacted them through to the wedding... Read More day! I couldn’t be happier with our experience and would definitely recommend them to others. The team did a phenomenal job and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding venue in Southern California. I cannot say enough great things about the venue and event team.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Beatriz H

It’s EVERY little girls wedding dream come true!! The Richard Nixon Library was the ABSOLUTE wedding venue for my Husband and I-We absolutely loved using the the Nixon Library as our Wedding Venue! It was PERFECT and Beautiful. I’d like to Thank Jenny and Laura, they were... Read More extremely helpful and responded to any of my questions in a very timely manner. As with our vendors were incredible We've had countless guests comment on how beautiful it all was, and how it was the most elegant wedding they've ever been to, and their service was the icing on the cake. Our guests loved the beautiful rose garden wedding ceremony, the ambiance, the décor the Mantels and above all else the essence of a Romantic setting and were thankful they didn’t have to drive anywhere to the reception but simply walked down the stairs into a beautiful Grand ballroom reception, lighted by hanging crystal chandeliers. It was the best of both worlds. We will cherish this day forever and the Nixon Library will always have a special place in our hearts! I cannot express how beautiful and perfect the Nixon was for us. We had an absolutely wonderful time at the actual wedding/reception. I couldn't imagine having the reception anywhere else and I'm so glad we decided to go with it as our venue the moment we attended their Wedding Open House. Our guests loved the whole experience and I've gotten nothing but compliments on the ballroom. Thank you again for being such a pleasure to work with! Laura/Jenny and the entire staff were all AMAZING!! I highly recommend the Nixon Library! See you for our 10th Year wedding anniversary!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Emily D

Amazing venue! Due to it raining on our wedding day, the Nixon crew worked with our vendors to move everything inside. It was stemless and so beautiful. Jackie was easy to work with and great at communication. The staff and security have been a pleasure to work with as well.... Read More Every time we showed up, they welcomed my husband and I. Everyone onsite went above and beyond to make our day so special. I cannot thank Jackie and the Nixon Foundation enough for making our wedding a dream come true. I highly recommend this venue and staff. We would not have changed a thing.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Sarah G

We just got married here in November. And we cannot say enough about how perfect the day was. The venue is beautiful, everyone is so nice and so helpful - it was such an amazing experience. We cannot thank the staff at the library enough for all of their help and support through... Read More the entire planning process. Best day ever!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Katy B

This venue was incredible! Laura is great, and was always there to answer any questions. It's so elegant, and perfect for weddings!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Sogol A

This is one of the greatest, most beautiful and historical place as wedding venue. It made such a great memoy for us on our wedding day. All our guests were in love with this place. All their staffs are so caring and professional. We were so happy to choose Richard Nixon Library... Read More as our wedding venue.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Wesley H

The Nixon Library was absolutely fantastic! The guests loved the outdoor garden and reflection pool where we held our ceremony. It was spacious enough for everyone to walk around during the cocktail hour and truly enjoy the late afternoon. The garden also had several good photo... Read More spots where the photographer could take stunning couples and family pictures. The East room, which is conveniently right next to the garden and indoors, provided a very beautiful reception setting with the chandeliers and dimmed lighting. The reception area was perfect as everyone had enough space to dance and also to sit comfortably at their tables. Everything was arranged in the perfect manner and easily accessible to everyone. The event staff were very courteous and we did not have a single crisis during the entire wedding. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 ann t

The Richard Nixon library is the absolute perfect wedding venue. Everyone one of the staff were extremely helpful from the day we booked the venue to the day of our wedding. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and would definitely recommend this venue to... Read More anyone.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Megan C

We had a great experience with the Nixon Library! From the decor (classic and beautiful, we didn't even need a ton of decorations), to the service, to the communication with the staff - everything went perfectly for us. I can't imagine having gotten married anywhere else.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 arielle w

After deciding that my fiancee and I wanted to get married in California, I immediately started looking over wedding websites for the best venues. I wanted something unique, not your typical beach wedding. Then I happened to stumble upon The Richard Nixon Library- and I thought... Read More "How cool would that be??!". The photos looked amazing- the ballroom, the gardens, the lobby... I sold myself on this place before I even saw it for myself. We went ahead and took a trip down there, and were given a tour of the facility. Jackie walked us through the packages, dates, and different amenities available. Let me tell you, it is as beautiful as the pictures look. The facilities are clean, the people are polite, and its already decorated nicely. (being out of state, that was a huge help). The staff at the Nixon is timely and knowledgeable on what the wedding package includes. Unfortunately, the weekend venue price was a little out of our budget, however the Friday venue price was pretty affordable. They require catering through one of two companies (we chose White House Catering) and they did a phenomenal job. There is nothing I regret about this place. It is so perfect for a wedding, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for "something other" than a beach wedding in SoCal.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Ryan L

Michelle and I were wed on August 5th, and we could not have asked for a more perfect day. The reception at the Nixon Library exceeded not only our dreams, but the guests that attended as well. The staff was extremely considerate, professional and RESPONSIVE. We didn't need... Read More to worry anything falling through the cracks, as they were proactive and accommodating. I 100% recommend having your big day at the Nixon...you will be glad you did!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Dianne K

Not just a beautiful venue, a jaw-dropping elegant East Room reception followed a florist's dream wedding in the Gardens. And being a presidential library, this site will remain for children and grandchildren to visit in decades to come. The Nixon Library staff are well... Read More informed and good communicators. The list of vendors they provided helped us. It was a beautiful day and dancing all night, followed by the bride & groom's exit while guests held sparklers. Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Sica G

I cannot say enough great things about the Richard Nixon Library. We recently had our wedding here in June 2016. It was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. Every single person who we worked with at the library was pleasant and determined to help give me the perfect... Read More wedding. I am still receiving complements on my wedding venue. The Rose Garden is the perfect place to host the ceremony while the East Ballroom provides a large, classy space to hold your reception. I highly recommend that you consider the Richard Nixon Library for your wedding venue. Your wedding will be gorgeous, classy, and memorable.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Mufaddal F

amazing venue, very elegant and beautiful. inside and outside. staff was also on too of everything and friendly. had an awesome event here!!!