The Richard Nixon Library Foundation

Yorba Linda, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Orange County's most talked about wedding location

We have a glowing reputation for hosting Orange County's most talked about weddings. Our tranquil reflecting pool is the perfect backdrop for your ceremony. Then move into the magnificent White House East Room for your reception. Tour our expansive exhibit galleries! Call now for amazing 2015 rates!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Library, Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Shuttle Service, Transportation

18001 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA

My Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Jessica T

Since the moment we contacted the Nixon Library about our interest, they provided exceptional customer service! Their attention to detail and excellent communication was greatly appreciated through each step along the way. As for the day of, all I can say is, "Wow!" Our Nixon... Read More Coordinator, Jenny, was fantastic and worked with each of our vendors and our personal Day of Coordinator. I can only say amazing things about the staff and of course must mention how BEAUTIFUL the venue is inside and out! I am so happy I was able to have my wedding at the Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace!

Jessy and Rene Torrico Wedding

Reviewed on 2/14/2014

From the first phone call to inquire about the library to wrapping up at the end of the reception, everything was amazing. The professionalism, the special details,returning calls and emails immediately There was nothing too small or too big that the team didn't handle with a... Read More smile. The vendors the library offers are out of this world too. The Anaheim White House and Allie Flowers were also a first choice which made our planning so easy knowing they both came highly recommended from the library. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone knowingly your end results will be better than you could ever imagine. IT sure made my daughter and my planning fun, easy, and enjoyable! MOB Kim Jones

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Cindy W. C

My wedding was at the Richard Nixon Library and it was beautiful! The had our ceremony in the garden and the banquet in the East Ball Room. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful our wedding venue was! We didn't have a string quartet in our budget but the Nixon... Read More already had speakers so we just had our music on an ipod and the Nixon staff took care of the rest. It was flawless. Everyone at Nixon is a pleasure to work with and what you get at the end is a gorgeous venue along with people who make your day go that much smoother.

A Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kristen Louise M

I could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. We were in frequent contact from the beginning with Laura Machin who was always very helpful and responsive. Even to the point of accomodating our request to delay cutting the garden roses so we could have blooms on the... Read More day of the wedding. We hosted our ceremony in the Rose Garden and Reception in the East Room. Both beautiful settings. To this day we are still getting comments on how lovely the venue was. Thank you to the Nixon Library and team for setting the scene so beautifully for our wedding!

Great Venue, Great Service

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Amily N

Our wedding was held on 4th of July at the Nixon Library; their coordinator, Laura was great to work with. She even contacted us after the wedding to congratulate us! The overall venue is beautiful - inside and out. Ample parking space, so no need to worry that your guests won't... Read More have parking. Our wedding ceremony was held outside in the garden, as well as cocktail. Our reception was held in the inside hall which was very spacious with a high ceiling. Any kind of up-lighting in the room would make it a jaw-dropper for your guests. We still get compliments, even to this day! We worked with White House Catering for their services since they were contracted with Nixon. Contracted vendors as well. Overall, great place for our wedding - we are definitely glad we made the choice of choosing Nixon Library for our wedding venue!

Summer Wedding

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Araceli V

It was love at first sight with the RNL. After looking at four other venues in OC we decided the RNL was our best option for our 300 guests. It has a huge garden and great AC, which was #1 on my husband's list. There is enough free parking for everyone which is nice. Our guests... Read More were also allowed to go into the museum exhibits for free while they waited for the cocktail hour to start. Our go-to girl was Jackie and she was great, in fact anyone you get to work with is polite and happy to answer any questions or concerns. ONLY 4 Catering companies are allowed to work with the RNL. At first we weren't very happy with that but we had already signed the contract. We chose JASON'S CATERING. It was THE BEST DECISION. Adriana was our sales rep. And she was a pleasure to work with. She had a great personality and was always prompt to answer any questions or concerns we had.. even when she was on maternity leave. She loves what she does and it showed. Besides the Delicious food Jason's Catering offers, they also take care of setting up all the tables /chairs/ and linens and cleans up after the party. I loved that they cleaned and packed the cake stands and knife and toasting flutes. They also put all the gifts on a cart and were ready to load at the end of the night. It made it easy and fast for my brother, who was very tired. OH YES I can't forget to mention that the bride and groom have their own personal waiter/waitress that follow you around with appetizers(during cocktail hour) and they are at your beck and call the rest of the night. Plus the bride and groom get free drinks all night. Everyone loved the venue especially because it was a hot day. Jason's set up cocktail tables and chairs in the hallway during the cocktail hour and that turned out great for all my elderly guests. It is a little pricey to book the RNL especially on a Saturday (luckily we got married on a Friday). FYI Read the contract thoroughly. The catering price is separate and that depends on what kind of food and linens and flatware you want. Booking the RICHARD NIXON LIBRARY and JASON'S CATERING for our reception was the Best choice for our wedding (We had our ceremony offsite) It was worth every dime!!! I have nothing bad to say except the band lost electricity for about 10minutes but got fixed super quick. They made our wedding day PERFECT.

A Dream Come True Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

The best venue to have a wedding ceremony and reception! Our wedding in September turned out so beautifully because we had it at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda. We really love the garden where our ceremony was held. The garden is in between Nixon's birth house and the... Read More beautiful long pool. The reception area is indoors in their East Ballroom. The ballroom is huge with beautiful hanging chandeliers, which was so perfect for our timeless and elegant theme. This place is also really great for wedding photographers because there are so many beautiful spots to take pictures. Our guests really enjoyed themselves because they had the opportunity to view the museum an hour before our ceremony, didn't have to deal with a parking situation (plenty of parking at Nixon Library's private parking lot), and had a lot of space to dance! Truly a gorgeous space to have a wedding. Not only is the Nixon Library a stunning venue, but we really love working with Laura! She is absolutely so sweet and so helpful. She made us feel really comfortable and stress-free throughout our wedding planning process. She's always so prompt to respond to our questions and never made us feel bad for asking questions. We chose the Nixon Library to have our wedding not only because we fell in love with the venue, but the excellent customer service that Laura provides. We looked at other venues when we were making our decision, but it felt like other places just wanted our money without being helpful. We felt like other venues will make the planning process stressful with lack of responses, hiccups, and other problems. We absolutely have no complaints about Laura, but only offer our highest compliments to her. She is definitely dependable and wants to make the bride/groom happy. Thank you again so much for making our wedding day a truly memorable one! =)

2015-09-22T18:08:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the lovely review! We are so honored that we had the opportunity to work with you on such an important and special day. The pleasure was all ours! Wishing you all the best for a happy future together!

The Perfect Canvas to Create Your Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

The Nixon Library exceeded my expectations and impressed all of my guest. About 40% of my guest count were friends of my father (businessmen, CEO's, pastors, lawyers, doctors, government,etc) and all had nothing but positive remarks about ambiance of the venue. When I say... Read More this is the perfect canvas to build your wedding, that means that a lot of the venues features are so nice, that the other vendors that you will hire could come in at mediocre and your wedding will STILL be amazing (and of course, using good vendors will put your wedding over the top). Go with this venue if you are looking for any of the following: - Just the right amount of historic features. Yes, this is a memorial museum, but just the artifacts in the museum and Nixon's childhood home are about the only thing that is old. Other venues that say they are historic means that the whole building/lot is historic (creaking floors, smelly,etc), but NOT the Nixon. - Guest get to walk around the museum for free if they arrive to the Ceremony/ Reception too early - AWESOME backdrop for Ceremony. You have your choice to have a reflecting pool +rose garden behind you OR a rustic house+ rose garden - Dressing rooms for Bridal party are BOSSSS: Groom party= You get to rest/relax/prepare in a huge conference room and feel as if you were Frank Underwood holding a boardroom meeting. Nixon also provides candy,soda,water. Bride party= smaller room but with sofas, lounge chairs, and champagne on the house! - Ballroom is a straight replica of the East Room in the White House. You could utilize the 4 fireplace mantles and personalize it with you are your wife/husband to be with photo frames. - Great photo-op locations throughout the property: Nixons childhood home, rose garden, reflecting pool, white wall areas for neutral backdrop, presidential seal in the lobby, and helicopter! Price may seem high at first to those of you first-time shoppers, but you have to take into consideration the fact that Nixon allows you to choose your own path in terms of catering (choose from 4 options;ALL GOOD), and other vendors. Bottom line, this may save you more whereas other venues will package the venue,catering, and decor all into one package, where you are at the mercy of overcharges and markups by putting all your eggs into one basket.

2015-09-22T18:12:01 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding at the Nixon Library! You were an absolute joy to work with and we wish you all the best as newlyweds! Come back and visit us again soon!

Elegant Venue

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Charles R

The Richard Nixon Library is such a stunning venue!The staff were so friendly and helpful from our very first inquiry! Throughout the process the staff were so lovely and answered every question promptly and even put up with a last minute table swap we needed. Jackie was our... Read More main point person and she was above and beyond wonderful, just superb customer service! Our point person took a vacation partway through the process and told us another staff member could assist us with questions. I was very doubtful as I know how it is when someone goes on vacation, but that staff member got back to us RIGHT away and took care of our question!! Even the security staff at the end of our wedding were helpful and polite. Having such a responsive and friendly experience throughout planning our wedding was SUCH a huge help. We didn't have to worry about our venue at all. We felt confident and that was worth its weight in gold! We had both our ceremony and reception in the venue and it worked out great! The space is ADA compliant+ which was great for some of our older relatives. Parking was easy for our guests and navigating once inside the venue was easy too! We can't say enough wonderful things about working with the Richard Nixon Library for our special day! I wouldn't trade that special moment, dancing with my spouse out on the dance floor underneath a chandelier in this magnificent room (replica of a room in the white house!) for anything!! It was a magical/fairy-tale/forever moment and it was made all the more wonderful because the whole process with the venue had been lovely.

Presidential Service

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

We just got married this past Sunday at the Richard Nixon Library & Museum and it was such an absolutely wonderful night and everything went perfectly. I felt like I was being so annoying asking the weirdest questions and sending a thousand emails, but Jackie was always... Read More extremely courteous, friendly, and understanding. She helped us down to the very last minute. The Nixon Library staff was extremely attentive and very kind and always available during the wedding ceremony and reception itself. Overall, everything went exactly as scheduled and I had the best wedding weekend of my life. We had our ceremony at 6pm in late June with the audience facing the water, which is the only thing I would have changed because of the direction of the sun. I didn't realize how harsh the sun would be, and couldn't look the officiant in the eyes for too long. Early June has better/more overcast weather that would've been perfect for our setup. The lawn where the ceremony was held was solid enough to wear heels on without using heel savers, but grass elsewhere was not so heel friendly. Otherwise, everything was great! The pictures look awesome, the venue is absolutely beautiful, and the downstairs area for getting ready is extremely spacious and perfect for big wedding parties.

Classic and elegant venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Jinous K

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the Nixon. It provided the most classic and elegant setting for our dream wedding. The ballroom is absolutely beautiful and don't need to do much decor since this places decorates itself, gorgeous high ceilings and chandeliers. Had... Read More the wedding on a Friday, which made it a little cheaper. Make sure to attend one of their Open Houses, so you can get a lay of the land and ideas for what you want for decor. Our contacts at the Nixon were always responsive, organized, and extremely helpful. They provided so much for us and were so organized that we didn't even need a wedding planner or day of organizer! You will not regret this venue, our guests loved the place and complimented it highly. Only downside is for outside catering they contract with only one vendor who does not negotiate prices, has the monopoly, and charges pretty high so you main cost will go to them for linens, chairs, bar service, wait staff, cutlery, etc.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Kathleen H

From the time we stepped into the ballroom I knew I had to book this place! The venue is beautiful! No need for over the top decoratikns. Laura was amazing and answered all our questions and concerns. You basically have the garden and the ball room and the rest of the venue to... Read More do what you please. We had a kids room and they let us set it up where we saw fit. If you're looking for a venue I. Highly reccomend this place the chandliers make all the photos look so elegant

Wedding 9/20/14

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Lorelei D

We just got married and had our reception at The Nixon Library. My husband and I were blown away at how beautiful everything turned out. We received many compliments about how visually appealing the ceremony site and reception area were. Also, the staff we worked with was very... Read More professional, personable and very easy to work with. We know now more than ever that we chose the perfect place for our special day. Thank you Nixon library!

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Jenna G

I could have not asked for a better wedding venue. Everything was perfect. Our guests loved the backdrop, and complimented us the entire night. If you are looking for a unique wedding venue look no further. You will not be disappointed! The staff was extremely helpful. Any... Read More questions we had they were able to answer quickly. They also helped and provided great suggestions along the way. The water feature and rose garden are the perfect backdrop for your ceremony. The ballroom is an exact replica of the east room of the White House. The entire place is stunning. If you want a perfect, seamless wedding go to the Nixon, you will not be let down.

Our Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Annette A

My husband and I recently wed at this gorgeous venue. It was a dream come true for both of us. The employees at the Nixon Library were very friendly and helpful through out our planning process to make sure our big day would run smoothly. Our friends and family have said this is... Read More the most beautiful wedding they've ever attend. Therefore, we highly recommend this venue to any future couple.

2014-07-17T14:09:19 Response from Carrie, the member

Hi Annette & Ernie, It was truly a joy working with you and we are so happy to hear that you loved holding your wedding here at the library! We wish you lots of joy on your journey as husband and wife! Jackie, Carrie and... Read Less Read More

Picture Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Emily C

My husband and I were just married on 6/20/2014 at the Nixon Library, and we can't imagine a more perfect venue. We chose the Library not only for its simple beauty and elegance, but also because it allowed us to combine two different visions for our day - a little whimsical... Read More while still traditional and classy. Our ceremony and cocktail hour in the rose garden allowed the evening to feel fun, fresh, bright, and summery, but the stunning East Room brought the touch of class. We love the venue for its structure and looks, but also for its accommodating and friendly staff. We felt greatly supported throughout the entire wedding planning process and Nixon Library staff always responded to our questions in a timely, helpful, and professional manner and all of the coordination was a breeze because they are so good at what they do! To be honest, I initially checked out the Library only to appease my now-husband, and I am SO glad I agreed to see it! It was the perfect venue and we received many comments and compliments from our guests about what a lovely spot it was to celebrate our special day.

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Ann B

The Nixon Library is a hidden gem. The East Room is breath-taking on its own! Little decorations can take your wedding to the next level. All staff are very helpful and caring as if your wedding is the only wedding. They are so good, you don't even need to hire a coordinator!

Nixon Library Wedding

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 kam s

We recently got married at the Nixon Library, and we were very pleased with the entire process. The Nixon staff members are extremely professional and accommodating. Carrie and Jackie are great to deal with, and made planning the wedding easy and stress free. Our guests also... Read More had a great time and raved about the venue, the ceremony site and the ballroom, which is absolutely amazing. Thank you Nixon Library for making our day special and very memorable!!

Best Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Janet L

We had our wedding at Nixon Library on 09.13.2013. Yep, Friday the 13th! We were so lucky to get the date since this venue books up quickly! We had the best wedding we could ever ask for! I've been eyeing this venue for several years when I saw pictures of it through a friend... Read More and this was the first and only venue we actually visited. I wanted my then fiance to see the venue and make the decision together and he absolutely loved it at first glance. It was the perfect venue for us! Our guests loved loved loved the wedding and they are STILL talking about it. We worked with Jackie, Laura and Sarah and they are wonderful people to work with. Emails were answered the day of or the next day and the staff at Nixon Library were very professional and they definitely go above and beyond for their clients. I honestly can't ask for more in a wedding venue. I, like other brides wrote, had my dream wedding at Nixon Library.

My Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Michelle O

We absolutely loved using the the Nixon Library as our Wedding Venue! It was PERFECT. Everyone was very helpful and responded to any of my questions in a very timely manner. All the recommended vendors were incredible. Jackie Augustun was also so helpful throughout the planning... Read More process and felt like a close friend by the end of it all. Our guests loved the beautiful rose garden wedding ceremony and were thankful they didnt have to drive anywhere to the reception but simply walked down the stairs into a beautiful ballroom reception. It was the best of both worlds. We will cherish this day forever and the Nixon Library will always have a special place in our hearts!

2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 8/14/2013

The Richard Nixon Library is a gorgeous venue. The Rose Garden is ideal for any ceremony, and the East Room is breathtaking. Most significantly, the staff is professional and very attentive. My husband and I had two ceremonies, a traditional Indian and traditional Persian... Read More wedding ceremony, and the Richard Nixon Library was very accommodating to our needs. Our point of contact at the Library provided great customer service. Overall, a great venue!

absolute perfection!

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Christine T

I got married here on 7/27/13. As soon as the day was over, I was already thinking of the review I was going to write. Jackie and Carrie and the rest of the staff were AMAZING! They did everything to make sure the day went smoothly and it did!! My guests are still talking about... Read More how stunning the venue was. No need for extravagant decorations because its so gorgeous! The East Room is spectacular. Jaws dropped as soon as guests walked in. Just amazing! A perfect choice for a wedding venue!!!

Beutiful Venue

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Linda V

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. all my guest commented on how amazingly beautiful the Nixon library is and how everyone was so friendly. Thank you Nixon Library

Great Wedding

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Kathryn L

I am an extremely picky person, and I would definitely recommend The Library for any event, especially weddings! The Library's grounds are beautiful. Our guests also had great things to say about the venue. It's pretty affordable for what you get. You can't go wrong with a... Read More replica of The East Room!

Our dream wedding venue!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Julie L

My husband and I just had our reception at the Nixon Library on 05/05/2013. When we were deciding on venues, we knew the Nixon was going to be one of our top choices from just looking at the pictures. When we walked into that ballroom for the first time (after looking at 20+... Read More venues already), my then-fiance looked at me and said, "yup, we're getting married here." And that was that. I cannot express how beautiful and perfect the Nixon was for us. We had an absolutely wonderful time at the actual wedding/reception. The Nixon staff was wonderful to work with and I have absolutely nothing negative to say about any of it. I couldn't imagine having the reception anywhere else and I'm so glad we decided to go with it as our venue. Our guests loved the whole experience and I've gotten nothing but compliments on the ballroom. Thank you again for being such a pleasure to work with! Laura and the staff were all AMAZING!! I highly recommend the Nixon Library!

TO The Richard Nixon Library Foundation