The Richard Nixon Library Foundation

Yorba Linda, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Library, Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Shuttle Service, Transportation

18001 Yorba Linda Blvd, Yorba Linda, CA

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Ashley J

I just got married at the Richard Nixon Library a couple of weeks ago and WOW! We had a vintage Hollywood/Gatsby theme wedding and it was breathtaking. Nixon Library grounds are well maintained and beautiful! The ballroom is one of a kind!!! We received so many compliments on... Read More the chandlers and gold accents around the room. Jenny, our event coordinator was so amazing! She was on top of every detail, got back to me quickly with all my questions, and just a pleasure to work with. Jackie, another event coordinator was incredibly helpful as well. I appreciate your patience and excellent customer services. Thank you so much guys for making my dream wedding come alive! I highly recommend getting married here .The Nixon Library will always hold a special place in our hearts!

My Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Jessica T

Since the moment we contacted the Nixon Library about our interest, they provided exceptional customer service! Their attention to detail and excellent communication was greatly appreciated through each step along the way. As for the day of, all I can say is, "Wow!" Our Nixon... Read More Coordinator, Jenny, was fantastic and worked with each of our vendors and our personal Day of Coordinator. I can only say amazing things about the staff and of course must mention how BEAUTIFUL the venue is inside and out! I am so happy I was able to have my wedding at the Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace!

BEAUTIFUL Venue!

Reviewed on 1/22/2014 Cindy W. C

My wedding was at the Richard Nixon Library and it was beautiful! The had our ceremony in the garden and the banquet in the East Ball Room. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful our wedding venue was! We didn't have a string quartet in our budget but the Nixon... Read More already had speakers so we just had our music on an ipod and the Nixon staff took care of the rest. It was flawless. Everyone at Nixon is a pleasure to work with and what you get at the end is a gorgeous venue along with people who make your day go that much smoother.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Sica G

I cannot say enough great things about the Richard Nixon Library. We recently had our wedding here in June 2016. It was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. Every single person who we worked with at the library was pleasant and determined to help give me the perfect... Read More wedding. I am still receiving complements on my wedding venue. The Rose Garden is the perfect place to host the ceremony while the East Ballroom provides a large, classy space to hold your reception. I highly recommend that you consider the Richard Nixon Library for your wedding venue. Your wedding will be gorgeous, classy, and memorable.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Mufaddal F

amazing venue, very elegant and beautiful. inside and outside. staff was also on too of everything and friendly. had an awesome event here!!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016

After researching numerous ideal wedding venues in the OC, my husband and I are soooo happy that we chose the Nixon Library to hold our wedding day festivities. It was the beautiful outdoor garden ceremony area and the extravagant feel of the reception hall (which was a replica... Read More of the East Room of the White House) that got us saying "I do" to the venue. Not only was it everything we were looking, but the cost to rent the venue was very reasonable in terms of the all the services and amount of time that was available for us to rent the location. We worked with Jackie throughout the whole process and are grateful for everything she has helped us out with. When we mentioned to her that we were going for a Lego themed wedding, she was very open minded and encouraging. Jackie was very attentive to our needs and requests, responded to our e-mails almost immediately, and even personally helped us load all of our decorations the day before our wedding. We are so thankful for her and the entire staff at the Nixon Library. They usually host open house events throughout the year where you can check out the site, mingle with other vendors, and do a sample taste tests with their preferred caterers. We highly suggest attending if you are interested in booking this venue.

Nixon Library Perfect for Our Wedding

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Jaclyn L

My wife and I had our wedding at the Nixon Library. The moment you step into the Nixon Library, we felt that this place is well organized, professional, classy, and presentable - all the characteristics of what we were looking for while searching around at wedding venues.... Read More Jackie was our main point of contact at the Nixon Library, and she was incredibly nice. She made sure we were comfortable and answered all our questions in a timely manner, so we knew we were in good hands. She was responsible and easy to work with. When it came to the wedding day, we were expecting it to potentially rain during our ceremony, so the Nixon Library was accommodating with provided many backup options. The whole wedding went very smoothly since the Nixon Library had a list of approved vendors for which we chose from. Picking vendors from this approval list just assured that the vendors were top notch and have worked well with the library before. We got a lot of friends and family that enjoyed our wedding at the Nixon, and told us afterwards that the venue was beautiful. We made the right decision going here given all the positive feedback we received.

Nixon is beyond breathtaking!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Danielle N

Words can not describe the love I have for this venue. Besides the fact that it is breathtaking, everyone at the Nixon is amazing, especially Laura! The venue is affordable, they are professional and they go above and beyond to make your wedding special!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Holly E

Carrie & Jackie from the Nixon are incredibly awesome! The staff makes you feel so special and you don't have to worry about a thing. The Nixon is a wonderful place to have your wedding if you want your guests to have a memorable experience. The grounds are gorgeous along with... Read More the ball room. You'll definitely feel "presidential."

You can't get a better, more personal venue

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Anne-Marie D

The Nixon Library was just the ideal venue for our wedding. There are so many things we loved about the venue, it is hard to summarize but we will try. The venue was spectacularly beautiful. I'm an OC native and never knew the Library had a giant, beautiful ballroom. We... Read More loved that the venue was private to just us. After attending multiple weddings over the past few years, we realized how important it is to have that privacy. The Library has a list of vendors it works with and they are all fabulous. You really can't go wrong with this venue or the vendors they work with. They're all super professional and very on top of things.

A Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Brittany C

I am so grateful we found the Nixon Library. The venue is beautiful, our pictures look amazing! They provide so much for you and at a very affordable cost. Made planning so much easier! The staff was incredible! Answered emails the same day. My wedding ran right on time,... Read More they were prepared and made me feel like a queen! The day was perfect! If I had to do it all over again I will still choose the Nixon Library, without a doubt!

Amazingly beautiful

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Josephine C

I recently got married on October 3rd and we used the Richard Nixon Library for our reception. Not only was the venue very meaningful for us, but it was everything we could ever hope for. The venue itself is beautiful inside and out! The East Wing is a replica of the White House... Read More East Wing, but bigger. We were able to fit 430 guests with the extension room. Even with that big of a guest count the room still seemed very spacious! The outside part of the venue is just as gorgeous too. Every picture we took with our photographer photographed so well in the garden. There is just so much background to use for your photos. Every picture we took at this place turned out amazing. We were so blessed to have perfect weather that the lighting was amazing! In terms of working with the venue, they very easy to work with and very flexible. Laura was so accommodating and super friendly! She always sent reminders for our payments and she was always good about responding to our calls and emails. Overall, the staff members were very professional and very easy to work with! I'm so happy we made the right choice!

best venue ever!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Michelle N

We used the Richard Nixon Library for our wedding on 8/1/2015 and honestly we could not have chosen a better place. Once i saw the chandeliers in the east room, i knew we had to have it. We even pushed out our desired date to get the venue. I will say that it is pricey but SO... Read More worth the money! The staff is so friendly. We worked with Laura and she was so nice and extremely responsive whenever we had questions. On the day of, everyone went out of their way to make sure our wedding was perfect. All our guests loved the venue as well, from how beautiful the ballroom was, to how enjoyable walking around the rose garden was. We get comments all the time about how amazing the venue is! I will say though, that their dates book up FAST so get it while you can!

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Deby B

My husband & I got married at Richard Nixon Library in June 2015! We had the ceremony outside in the garden & the reception in the East Room. The staff was absolutely amazing to work with! Laura Machin was so helpful in regards to the whole planning & layout! All questions I had... Read More asked were answered, giving me a no worry wedding day! They provide an in-house coordinator for the wedding day & that eased the stress a lot! Everything flowed so smoothly & I wouldn't have had such a beautiful day if it wasn't for this whole team! For our reception, we went through White House Catering, which I highly recommend as well! The venue at Richard Nixon Library is absolutely breathtaking! We fell in love with the grand ballroom tying into our Classic Elegance wedding theme perfectly! I would highly recommend going with Richard Nixon Library as wedding venue! You won't regret it! I sure didn't!

Best Venue in California!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Blanca G

I recently held my wedding at the Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace. Let me begin by suggesting that the RNL is the BEST venue in Southern California! I highly recommend to everyone. The RNL is a historic location with a Glorious Garden full of beautiful roses. The Nixon... Read More birthplace house sits on the property amongst some large shady tees. The long pond like water hole fits the garden perfect drawing the sunlight just before a sunset. The whole property really is a photographers dream! The customer service at the RNL is outstanding! I work as a customer service specialist for one of the leading automobile manufacturers in the world. I appreciate and highly value good CS, and that is exactly what i received from Laura (coordinator, RNL) as well as the entire staff. Even the security was very respectable. Immediately entering the RNL, you are greeted by a gorgeous entry way with long hall of flags leading to Yorba Linda's own rendition of the White House East Room. Pictures do not do this room justice! Chandeliers and Fireplaces compliment the high ceilings and white pillars. The room allows good sound travel so music sounds great. Ample parking for any size wedding. Price is very fair and a great value! Overall, I was very impressed with the RNL and thank them for their services. -Evan Valle

A Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kristen Louise M

I could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. We were in frequent contact from the beginning with Laura Machin who was always very helpful and responsive. Even to the point of accomodating our request to delay cutting the garden roses so we could have blooms on the... Read More day of the wedding. We hosted our ceremony in the Rose Garden and Reception in the East Room. Both beautiful settings. To this day we are still getting comments on how lovely the venue was. Thank you to the Nixon Library and team for setting the scene so beautifully for our wedding!

Great Venue, Great Service

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Amily N

Our wedding was held on 4th of July at the Nixon Library; their coordinator, Laura was great to work with. She even contacted us after the wedding to congratulate us! The overall venue is beautiful - inside and out. Ample parking space, so no need to worry that your guests won't... Read More have parking. Our wedding ceremony was held outside in the garden, as well as cocktail. Our reception was held in the inside hall which was very spacious with a high ceiling. Any kind of up-lighting in the room would make it a jaw-dropper for your guests. We still get compliments, even to this day! We worked with White House Catering for their services since they were contracted with Nixon. Contracted vendors as well. Overall, great place for our wedding - we are definitely glad we made the choice of choosing Nixon Library for our wedding venue!

Summer Wedding

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Araceli V

It was love at first sight with the RNL. After looking at four other venues in OC we decided the RNL was our best option for our 300 guests. It has a huge garden and great AC, which was #1 on my husband's list. There is enough free parking for everyone which is nice. Our guests... Read More were also allowed to go into the museum exhibits for free while they waited for the cocktail hour to start. Our go-to girl was Jackie and she was great, in fact anyone you get to work with is polite and happy to answer any questions or concerns. ONLY 4 Catering companies are allowed to work with the RNL. At first we weren't very happy with that but we had already signed the contract. We chose JASON'S CATERING. It was THE BEST DECISION. Adriana was our sales rep. And she was a pleasure to work with. She had a great personality and was always prompt to answer any questions or concerns we had.. even when she was on maternity leave. She loves what she does and it showed. Besides the Delicious food Jason's Catering offers, they also take care of setting up all the tables /chairs/ and linens and cleans up after the party. I loved that they cleaned and packed the cake stands and knife and toasting flutes. They also put all the gifts on a cart and were ready to load at the end of the night. It made it easy and fast for my brother, who was very tired. OH YES I can't forget to mention that the bride and groom have their own personal waiter/waitress that follow you around with appetizers(during cocktail hour) and they are at your beck and call the rest of the night. Plus the bride and groom get free drinks all night. Everyone loved the venue especially because it was a hot day. Jason's set up cocktail tables and chairs in the hallway during the cocktail hour and that turned out great for all my elderly guests. It is a little pricey to book the RNL especially on a Saturday (luckily we got married on a Friday). FYI Read the contract thoroughly. The catering price is separate and that depends on what kind of food and linens and flatware you want. Booking the RICHARD NIXON LIBRARY and JASON'S CATERING for our reception was the Best choice for our wedding (We had our ceremony offsite) It was worth every dime!!! I have nothing bad to say except the band lost electricity for about 10minutes but got fixed super quick. They made our wedding day PERFECT.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

The best venue to have a wedding ceremony and reception! Our wedding in September turned out so beautifully because we had it at the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda. We really love the garden where our ceremony was held. The garden is in between Nixon's birth house and the... Read More beautiful long pool. The reception area is indoors in their East Ballroom. The ballroom is huge with beautiful hanging chandeliers, which was so perfect for our timeless and elegant theme. This place is also really great for wedding photographers because there are so many beautiful spots to take pictures. Our guests really enjoyed themselves because they had the opportunity to view the museum an hour before our ceremony, didn't have to deal with a parking situation (plenty of parking at Nixon Library's private parking lot), and had a lot of space to dance! Truly a gorgeous space to have a wedding. Not only is the Nixon Library a stunning venue, but we really love working with Laura! She is absolutely so sweet and so helpful. She made us feel really comfortable and stress-free throughout our wedding planning process. She's always so prompt to respond to our questions and never made us feel bad for asking questions. We chose the Nixon Library to have our wedding not only because we fell in love with the venue, but the excellent customer service that Laura provides. We looked at other venues when we were making our decision, but it felt like other places just wanted our money without being helpful. We felt like other venues will make the planning process stressful with lack of responses, hiccups, and other problems. We absolutely have no complaints about Laura, but only offer our highest compliments to her. She is definitely dependable and wants to make the bride/groom happy. Thank you again so much for making our wedding day a truly memorable one! =)

A Dream Come True Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

2015-09-22T18:08:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the lovely review! We are so honored that we had the opportunity to work with you on such an important and special day. The pleasure was all ours! Wishing you all the best for a happy future together!

The Perfect Canvas to Create Your Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

The Nixon Library exceeded my expectations and impressed all of my guest. About 40% of my guest count were friends of my father (businessmen, CEO's, pastors, lawyers, doctors, government,etc) and all had nothing but positive remarks about ambiance of the venue. When I say... Read More this is the perfect canvas to build your wedding, that means that a lot of the venues features are so nice, that the other vendors that you will hire could come in at mediocre and your wedding will STILL be amazing (and of course, using good vendors will put your wedding over the top). Go with this venue if you are looking for any of the following: - Just the right amount of historic features. Yes, this is a memorial museum, but just the artifacts in the museum and Nixon's childhood home are about the only thing that is old. Other venues that say they are historic means that the whole building/lot is historic (creaking floors, smelly,etc), but NOT the Nixon. - Guest get to walk around the museum for free if they arrive to the Ceremony/ Reception too early - AWESOME backdrop for Ceremony. You have your choice to have a reflecting pool +rose garden behind you OR a rustic house+ rose garden - Dressing rooms for Bridal party are BOSSSS: Groom party= You get to rest/relax/prepare in a huge conference room and feel as if you were Frank Underwood holding a boardroom meeting. Nixon also provides candy,soda,water. Bride party= smaller room but with sofas, lounge chairs, and champagne on the house! - Ballroom is a straight replica of the East Room in the White House. You could utilize the 4 fireplace mantles and personalize it with you are your wife/husband to be with photo frames. - Great photo-op locations throughout the property: Nixons childhood home, rose garden, reflecting pool, white wall areas for neutral backdrop, presidential seal in the lobby, and helicopter! Price may seem high at first to those of you first-time shoppers, but you have to take into consideration the fact that Nixon allows you to choose your own path in terms of catering (choose from 4 options;ALL GOOD), and other vendors. Bottom line, this may save you more whereas other venues will package the venue,catering, and decor all into one package, where you are at the mercy of overcharges and markups by putting all your eggs into one basket.

2015-09-22T18:12:01 Response from the vendor

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding at the Nixon Library! You were an absolute joy to work with and we wish you all the best as newlyweds! Come back and visit us again soon!

Elegant Venue

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Charles R

The Richard Nixon Library is such a stunning venue!The staff were so friendly and helpful from our very first inquiry! Throughout the process the staff were so lovely and answered every question promptly and even put up with a last minute table swap we needed. Jackie was our... Read More main point person and she was above and beyond wonderful, just superb customer service! Our point person took a vacation partway through the process and told us another staff member could assist us with questions. I was very doubtful as I know how it is when someone goes on vacation, but that staff member got back to us RIGHT away and took care of our question!! Even the security staff at the end of our wedding were helpful and polite. Having such a responsive and friendly experience throughout planning our wedding was SUCH a huge help. We didn't have to worry about our venue at all. We felt confident and that was worth its weight in gold! We had both our ceremony and reception in the venue and it worked out great! The space is ADA compliant+ which was great for some of our older relatives. Parking was easy for our guests and navigating once inside the venue was easy too! We can't say enough wonderful things about working with the Richard Nixon Library for our special day! I wouldn't trade that special moment, dancing with my spouse out on the dance floor underneath a chandelier in this magnificent room (replica of a room in the white house!) for anything!! It was a magical/fairy-tale/forever moment and it was made all the more wonderful because the whole process with the venue had been lovely.

Presidential Service

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

We just got married this past Sunday at the Richard Nixon Library & Museum and it was such an absolutely wonderful night and everything went perfectly. I felt like I was being so annoying asking the weirdest questions and sending a thousand emails, but Jackie was always... Read More extremely courteous, friendly, and understanding. She helped us down to the very last minute. The Nixon Library staff was extremely attentive and very kind and always available during the wedding ceremony and reception itself. Overall, everything went exactly as scheduled and I had the best wedding weekend of my life. We had our ceremony at 6pm in late June with the audience facing the water, which is the only thing I would have changed because of the direction of the sun. I didn't realize how harsh the sun would be, and couldn't look the officiant in the eyes for too long. Early June has better/more overcast weather that would've been perfect for our setup. The lawn where the ceremony was held was solid enough to wear heels on without using heel savers, but grass elsewhere was not so heel friendly. Otherwise, everything was great! The pictures look awesome, the venue is absolutely beautiful, and the downstairs area for getting ready is extremely spacious and perfect for big wedding parties.

Classic and elegant venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Jinous K

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the Nixon. It provided the most classic and elegant setting for our dream wedding. The ballroom is absolutely beautiful and don't need to do much decor since this places decorates itself, gorgeous high ceilings and chandeliers. Had... Read More the wedding on a Friday, which made it a little cheaper. Make sure to attend one of their Open Houses, so you can get a lay of the land and ideas for what you want for decor. Our contacts at the Nixon were always responsive, organized, and extremely helpful. They provided so much for us and were so organized that we didn't even need a wedding planner or day of organizer! You will not regret this venue, our guests loved the place and complimented it highly. Only downside is for outside catering they contract with only one vendor who does not negotiate prices, has the monopoly, and charges pretty high so you main cost will go to them for linens, chairs, bar service, wait staff, cutlery, etc.

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Kathleen H

From the time we stepped into the ballroom I knew I had to book this place! The venue is beautiful! No need for over the top decoratikns. Laura was amazing and answered all our questions and concerns. You basically have the garden and the ball room and the rest of the venue to... Read More do what you please. We had a kids room and they let us set it up where we saw fit. If you're looking for a venue I. Highly reccomend this place the chandliers make all the photos look so elegant