The Ritz-Carlton, Boston

Boston, MA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Ritz-Carlton, Boston is a stunning five-star hotel located in Boston Massachusetts. Like all hotels that carry the Ritz-Carlton name, this venue is elegant, luxurious and loaded with modern amenities. It is located in the central downtown area, which features dozens of local shops, art galleries and restaurants within walking distance. There are also public transit stops nearby for those who want to explore more of the city. This richly appointed venue features a multitude of event spaces that are available for ceremonies and receptions.

The Ballroom. The Ballroom is large enough for 200 guests for a ceremony or a seated reception with dancing. This room has floor to ceiling windows that directly overlook the Boston Common. The ceiling is accented with silver leaf and it features modern style light fixtures.

The Washington Junior Ballroom. The Washington Junior Ballroom is large enough for up to 150 guests. It also has floor to ceiling windows and the rest of the walls are covered in decorative cloth draperies. The color scheme of this space consists of shades of rich brown and ivory.

The Studio. The Studio is perfect for groups of 125 people or fewer. The room has a sleek, modern design and is primarily white with some golden-brown natural wood inlays. Two of the walls include floor-to-ceiling windows and the additional two walls are covered in white ostrich leather. Mother-of-pearl accents are speckled throughout the room.

The Avery Room. If you're seeking a more intimate wedding, the Avery Room is an ideal choice. This space works well for a ceremony with up to 25 guests or a dinner with up to 30 guests. It features a wall of windows and is surrounded in white and golden fabric accents.

The Ritz-Carlton, Boston offers its own catering team, featuring a highly decorated Executive Chef. The meals created by these caterers are as beautiful as they are delicious. This catering team only uses the freshest ingredients, including local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible. The menu changes significantly throughout the year because of the use of local produce, but there are always beef, chicken, fish and vegetarian options available.

This venue offers on-site accommodations for you and your out-of-town guests. The rooms at this hotel are known for their comfort and style. Each room features a large, flat-screen television, deluxe bedding, three telephones and a large marble bathtub with a separate shower. Twenty-four-hour concierge service and in-room dining is also available.

This venue does not permit wedding parties to bring in their own decorations. All decorations, including signs and banners, must be ordered through the venue. No glitter, rice, birdseed or confetti are permitted on the premises.

The Ritz-Carlton, Boston is a picturesque location for a wedding ceremony and/or reception. It also includes some entertaining and useful extra perks that you and your wedding party can take advantage of.

• Couples massages available
  • Complimentary weekday morning limousine service
  • Valet parking service
  • 24-hour business center
  • Built-in surround sound system
  • Complimentary shoe shines

Romance Redefined at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston

No two love stories are the same, which is why weddings at The Ritz-Carlton, Boston celebrate each couple’s unique story. Our hotel offers beautiful venues, menus to delight the most discerning palates and experts who understand that planning is simply the first step to bringing your vision to life.

$$$$ – Expensive

Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

10 Avery Street, Boston, MA (617) 574-7100

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Courtney G

We got married at the Ritz Carlton in September and the entire weekend could have not have been more perfect. Our experience from start to finish - from our initial tour with Josephine, to our departure the day after the wedding, exceeded our expectations. The venue was... Read More lovely, we (and our wedding guests) felt like we were the only guests in the hotel. Ralph Black and his team were so professional, gracious and thoughtful throughout the entire process. There are so many nice hotels around the Boston area, but the Ritz really stands apart from the rest and that is truly because of the service. They paid so much attention to detail - nothing was forgotten. Plus the food at the reception was delicious! I would get married at the Ritz again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jenicka H

The Ritz truly excels in their customer service. Josephine in their sales department was so helpful in walking us through the different options to make our wedding everything we dreamed of within our budget. Our event coordinator Vanessa has been a joy to work with and is... Read More definitely helping to reduce our stress levels with planning as she has walked us through the process. I would highly recommend the Ritz not only because their event team is so great, but also because their wedding packages are truly all inclusive. You really do get what you pay for and the Ritz is worth every penny. I can't wait to see how their upcoming facelift in the ballroom looks right in time for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Ritz Carlton Boston. They had us at hello! Kudos to The Ritz Carlton Boston for a perfect September wedding! From the start, as we stepped out of the car and we're greeted by the valets and doormen, we knew this was the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding. And they really... Read More delivered and then some. Josephine gave us a regal tour of the property... and she is fabulous. Everything was easy to understand and we fell in love with the property and the amazing staff. Once we picked our package and dates, we were turned over to Vanessa and her awesome staff. She is the ultimate event planner, so full of energy and great ideas, we could not have pulled this off without her. From the tasting day to the wedding day, her unbounded enthusiasm kept us on track. She is the consummate professional and a truly great person to boot! All the staff is amazing and the food was incredible, the presentation beautiful. Look no further if you want a top notch venue filled with a staff that really delivers......And then some.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jennifer M

The Ritz was fantastic from start to finish. They had every detail in mind, even things I didn't think of! They were wonderful in helping with the little dramas that pop on day of and the entire event ran very smoothly. The most outstanding was the help in planning everything, I... Read More never had a question they didn't have, or could find an answer to. I never heard a no when I had an idea, which made it more fun to create exactly what I wanted. Also, the food is fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 donna c

We had the rehearsal dinner for our son and daughter in law at The Ritz-Carlton. Alison and Vanessa were professional, responsive and extremely accommodating. I had a vision for the evening and they were both very helpful in bringing it to life. The food was superb. Most... Read More importantly they want their customers happy and they went to great lengths to ensure that we were,

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Beth G

My daughter was married at the Ritz-Carlton Boston in September 2016. As the mother of the bride, I thoroughly enjoyed the entire wedding weekend and know my daughter and son-in-law had the wedding of their dreams. Everything about the Ritz-Carlton Boston is just as it should... Read More be, every consideration was extended and nothing was left to chance. Ralph Black is a star; a true professional and a pleasure to work with. Ralph and his team went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. And the hotel staff all extended themselves to make us feel as though we were the most important event of the year. We were welcomed, pampered and bid a fond farewell by what must be the nicest most professional hotel staff in the city of Boston.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kathy M

My husband and I were married at the Ritz- Carlton in Boston in July 2016. We looked at several hotels, both small and grand, and from the moment we stepped into this fine hotel and met with Allison Breslin, our decision was made. Allison made us feel "special" and gave both... Read More of us the confidence that each and every detail would be perfect. We wanted our guests to feel as if they were attending an intimate and elegant dinner party and that was exactly the final result. The entire staff at the Ritz is like no other in the industry. They made our entire family feel special, both adults and children, and as if we were the only guests in the hotel that weekend, attending to our each and every need with warmth and care. Alli and Brittany were available during the entire planning stage and spent the entire wedding day with us to make us feel that every detail would be executed flawlessly. We had our both our rehearsal dinner and the next day wedding brunch at the Ritz-Carlton as well and it could not have been more perfect. Alli and Brittany provided the day that we had been dreaming about and there really are no words to express our gratitude to them and to each and every staff member at this very fine hotel! If you would like a wedding that is completely stress free and perfectly executed then I suggest you give the Ritz-Carlton and Alli a call first - you will not be disappointed and your guests will applaud you !

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 deb s

My daughter was married at The Ritz in Boston, Massachusetts in July 2016. There are, honestly, no words to describe how I feel about working with Vanessa Michael, Ritz's event coordinator. She was so easy to work with, never got rattled about anything and was a joy. I... Read More literally did not worry at all and I never thought that that would be possible, given the stories I've heard from friends about the weddings they had to organize. Vanessa answered, always in a timely manner, any questions and concerns I had. She has a top-notch team she works with at the Ritz. Everyone there and I mean everyone, was so kind to my family, professional and ready to do anything for us. It was a joy for all of us to have my daughter's wedding at the Ritz. And for me, I loved working with Vanessa and would do it again in a heartbeat. She's the real thing!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Elizabeth C

Exactly what you expect when you hear of The Ritz-Carlton. Exceptional service and attention to detail. Ralph Black was AMAZING to work with throughout the whole process and made the entire weekend perfect. All of the staff made us feel special and like we were the only people... Read More or event all year! I wish I could do it all over again! I wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Jessica L

We got married at the Ritz and we cannot say enough wonderful things about the entire process. Ralph Black (the wedding coordinator) is absolutely phenomenal and walked us both through this insane process of wedding planning with grace and ease. He is so gracious and no question... Read More is ever a stupid question - Ralph is there every step of the way and made the entire process nearly painless. I am in awe of how accessible he is and if he is at work he was responding to my literally countless emails within minutes to hours of me sending them. Ralph even sent my parents a bottle of wine as a celebratory gift to their hotel room (even though they stayed at a completely unaffiliated hotel!). He is so detail oriented and gestures like these were so appreciated and made the entire process feel like we were the only couple he was working with. The entire night of our wedding was so, so special and we have Ralph, Paige, Jessica, and the entire crew at Ritz for working together and pulling off the night of our lives. We cannot thank the Ritz enough for making our dream wedding come true.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Stephanie C

We got married at the Ritz this past weekend and they easily made this the best weekend of our lives. Before we get to the wedding, I want to give them credit for the sales process and the planning process because we felt like they excelled in both. Before settling on the Ritz... Read More we looked at over 20 venues in the city of Boston and given our smaller wedding size (120) the Ritz was able to work with us to craft the perfect wedding package at a great price. From there, they helped us also create a magical rehearsal dinner and brunch that fit within our budget. After lining everything up, we teamed up with our wedding coordinator, Ralph Black, who really became an extended member of our family over the past year and a half. Ralph was extremely detail oriented, responsive to our numerous emails, and was also honest. Ralph helped us craft an amazing wedding timeline, come up with a great menu selection, and he always did it with a smile. With all the planning behind us, the weekend of our big event was upon us. We had expressed interest in getting to the hotel early and Ralph did his part to ensure it worked. From the moment we walked into the hotel to the moment we left, the Ritz made us feel special. Everyone knew us by name and everyone was willing to go above and beyond to ensure we had the time of our lives. This included everyone from the bell hop, to house keeping, to the receptionist, the concierge, etc. The day of the wedding Ralph and his team did an exceptional job of ensuring the ballrooms looked great, the tables were decorated as discussed, and that everyone was where they needed to be. The food was also incredible. We got so many compliments from our guests about the cocktail hour and the reception. Not to mention the duck ravioli we had for our rehearsal dinner may have been one of the best dishes we have ever had. Needless to say we cannot thank the Ritz and Ralph for providing us with our dream wedding. Words cannot express our thankfulness for their hard work.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Teresa B

If there was an option to rank the Ritz Carlton as a 10, I would have done that. Words cannot express how amazing the staff and our wedding coordinator, Ralph Black, were for our wedding. From the moment we stepped into the Ritz as we were looking at venues, they truly made us... Read More feel so special. If there is one thing the Ritz Carlton definitely does right, it is quality service. Everyone knew our name and the little details that were incorporated truly helped solidify our decision to book the Ritz for our wedding. With respect to Ralph, he was absolutely amazing! No matter how many emails/questions/concerns I sent his way, he always responded back timely and attentively to all my questions. He was so phenomenal and helped make the day so spectacular for us! There are times I wish I could go back in the Ritz and pretend we are still in the planning process so that I could be treated so exceptionally like I was. My sister had her wedding at the Ritz in Philadelphia and with our recent wedding at the Ritz in Boston, I can affirmatively say we are a Ritz family for life! Thanks so much for making the entire wedding planning process so enjoyable and for making our wedding the best day of our lives!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Allie M

We held all of our wedding weekend celebrations at the Ritz-Carlton on Boston Common and everything was absolutely wonderful. Elizabeth and Laura were both fabulous to work from day one until after the wedding. They were very responsive and patient with all of my questions... Read More throughout the planning process and were proactive about getting things done which was a great help. The entire staff at the Ritz went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy. The ceremony and reception were flawless. Several guests commented that they had never seen such a beautiful and well choreographed reception. The food was hands-down FABULOUS. I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding weekend. It was beautiful, loads of fun and completely stress free all thanks to the wonderful people at the Ritz.

Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Amy A

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common and it was absolutely wonderful. Laura Fox and Elizabeth Spies-Evans were both fabulous to work with and were very responsive and patient with all of my questions throughout the planning process. They... Read More and the entire staff at the Ritz bent over backwards to make sure that we were happy. The event was flawless and several guests commented that they had never seen such a beautiful and well choreographed reception. And the food was FABULOUS. I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding weekend. It was beautiful, tons of fun and completely stress free all thanks to the wonderful people at the Ritz.

perfect

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Catherine Y

Fantastic staff, great ballroom, and excellent food. I had the perfect wedding.

Review for Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Julie L

The elegance of the rooms.;The wedding staff was responsive to our needs, but required extremely specific directions and correction of errors. (Example: We had sushi at our wedding and requested no seafood (ie-kosher-style) and when the cocktail hour opened half the display... Read More needed to be removed b/c it contained shrimp.)

Review for Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common

Reviewed on 9/09/2007 Ellen G

The room was absolutly magical. The views were amazing the food was unbeatable and the service was impeckable