The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station

Haddam, CT

Elegant. Memorable. Unique.

Nestled on a secluded ridge atop the banks of the Connecticut River, our very private wedding venue promises you a world-class experience unmatched anywhere. The Riverhouse provides the environment, the menu, the upscale services, and the grand experience your guests will long remember.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

55 Bridge Rd, Haddam, CT (860) 345-4100

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Kristin C

We had an amazing wedding at the Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station. We wanted a venue by the water, but were having trouble finding a space big enough to accommodate our guest size (215) comfortably. Riverhouse is truly a breathtaking venue. We loved the room itself, with high... Read More ceilings, a large dance floor, and plenty of room for our guests. Kelley and Hattie were amazing. I was not the type of bride who thought about my wedding before I got engaged, so I had no idea what I was doing or what I wanted. Their expertise and guidance truly helped us navigate the planning process with ease as they patiently answered all of our questions. The day of, everything ran smoothly, and we had nothing to worry about thanks to the wonderful staff at Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station. The food was delicious! And we loved our signature drinks. Our guests raved about the food and the service, and we truly had the time of our lives.

Wonderful Staff!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Ashley D

The River house helped us have the wedding of our dreams. We absolutely loved working with them. They truly are experts, visionaries, and wonderful at what they do. The entire planning process was so easy, organized, and individualized. from the moment we booked the venue and... Read More even after the wedding, the communication with the staff was great! They really make you feel like you are the only wedding in their books! The weekend of our wedding went on without a hitch! From the set-up, working with our other vendors went perfectly smoothly. our Guests RAVED about the food - one guest said “it was the best wedding food I’ve ever had!” - and we can’t disagree - from our signature drinks to the Delicious cocktail hour, and the huge dinners, everything was great! Thank you so much Hattie and Kelley- you two are amazing!!!!

Best Day Ever!

Reviewed on 3/31/2014 Denise s

The Riverhouse staff is absolutely amazing! They were very flexible when it came to changing things around to make our day exactly the way we wanted it! Michelle (who is now at The Society Room) and Hattie were so great with helping us plan out the details like the set up of... Read More the room, and the general flow of the day. I always felt like if there was anything at all I was missing, someone there would fill in the gap! Kelley put everyone at ease at the rehearsal, and it was so nice to have her calm, smiling presence keeping track of everything and everyone that day and the wedding day. Everything happened on time; even the timing of my entrance was perfect to the song we chose... She just knew! The coolest part about choosing Riverhouse is that every single one of the vendors we met with had the nicest things to say about the team; how organized they are, and how easy it is to work with Mary, Kelley and everyone! The hidden gem the day of our wedding was Leah-- my husband and I thought we each had an attendant until we got back to the venue after photos and realized Leah was taking care of both sides of the bridal party, with a floor in between! That girl was everywhere, making sure we were ok, and when we were going from table to table thanking our guests, Leah came over to us to make sure we got a chance to eat! Oh, and the food--- sooooo good and soooo much of it! If I could give a million stars I would!! Thank you so much to everyone at the Riverhouse!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Rachel B

Hattie and Kelley were absolutely amazing! The staff at the Riverhouse on our wedding day were prompt, timely, and everything ran so smoothly. We had our ceremony on site, outside, which was beautiful as well. Food is the best I have had at any wedding before (not being... Read More biased). Overall, such a great experience and would have chosen the Riverhouse no matter what for my wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Alyssa S

I'm not even sure where to start, everything was amazing! All of the staff was incredibly accommodating, professional, and most importantly (for me) responsive. All throughout the planning process Hattie, Kelley, and Jillian answered all my stupid questions usually within an... Read More hour of me emailing them. The food was absolutely fantastic! My husband and I had a difficult time narrowing down our options after our tasting. So many of our guests also complimented the food. The most impressive part about working with the Riverhouse staff was that we didn't need to worry about anything. My husband and I were able to relax and enjoy every moment of our day thanks to them. We actually had a guest show up who had declined, the staff knew about it and set an extra place before my husband and I even found out! We had a personal attendant who was so great about checking on us to make sure we had everything we needed before the ceremony and during the reception... I don't think I once saw the bottom of my beverage that night. At the end of the night, they packed up all of our items that we brought from home to decorate; and they made sure our gifts were handed off to the person we had designated before that day. And of course the venue is absolutely stunning! We had visited a few other venues, but we knew immediately this was the one.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Jenna D

The Riverhouse was the best decision I could have ever made for my wedding. Everything went great and the staff there is absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Lauren G

From the very beginning of our planning, I was blown away by the Riverhouse staff. They were attentive to our every need and made the entire process pleasurable. Our wedding day was everything we could have dreamed and more. I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere... Read More else!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Kelsy W

This venue worked out perfect for our wedding. Ceremony arrangements were tricky in our situation and the Riverhouse was able to provide a lovely indoor ceremony space and then covert it in less then an hour (during cocktail hour) to a beautiful reception. The staff was very... Read More attentive & overall awesome. Kelly was awesome to work with and so was Mary! The food was amazing, and is one of the first things guest rave about. I'm not giving it 5 stars because I do wish Mary was involved a little sooner in planning the timeline. She has tons of experience and great advise I wish we heard sooner! Also i did find out that after our wedding in November the Riverhouse had made some staffing changes, the staff I had were awesome & I'm sad I can't guarantee that for the next couple. I can guarantee a beautiful venue/view year round!

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Ashley L

The RIverhouse was the first and only venue my husband and I looked at for our St. Patrick's day wedding this year. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left every person encountered from top to bottom was simply amazing. The RIverhouse listened with great detail to all... Read More of our hopes for our big day, and executed it beyond our wildest dreams. The service, food, attentiveness, wedding planners, décor, attention to detail was 100% on par with everything we hoped and dreamed for. we can not begin to thank the RIverhouse enough for helping us have the best day ever and we couldn't imagine a better place to have started our happily ever after. BEST VENUE EVER!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Danielle K

I could not have asked for a more supportive, available and just sweet group to work with. Everyone truly made our day so incredibly special. From the moment we looked at the venue even before booking all the way until we were getting on the shuttle at the end of the wedding... Read More night everyone was incredible. Everyone was so sweet and I had SO many people tell me what a beautiful venue it is. Even on a very cold and rainy day it was perfect! I would recommend this venue in a second. Thank you to such an incredible team!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Alyssa H

Choosing to have our wedding at the Riverhouse was the best decision we could have made. With the help from Hattie and Kelly everything ran so smoothly and was so organized throughout the planning process. They always answered any and all questions that came up. Our wedding... Read More was in January during a snowstorm. The staff was there to help and made every aspect of our day perfect! Michelle was our bridal attendant and was there with whatever we needed at exactly the right moment. Despite the chaos from the weather our wedding ran perfectly and the staff at the riverhouse accomodated everything so easily.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Amanda F

From the moment we walked through the front doors we knew the Riverhouse was the place for us. The staff was amazing, supportive, and so responsive from day 1. Our wedding day was the best day of our lives in many thanks to the wonderful staff and venue of the Riverhouse. We... Read More would highly recommend this venue to anyone!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Anessa P

The Riverhouse exceeded our expectations! They help in the planning process to make sure everything is going to be smooth once the big day comes. The day of the wedding everyone was great and kept the night running smooth and stress free. The location is beautiful, and our... Read More friends are still raving about the food! Highly recommend the Riverhouse!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Amanda C

The Riverhouse truly exceeded our expectations. Both our ceremony and reception were held on the property. We can't thank them enough for giving us an amazing wedding. The venue is perfect and is in a beautiful location with great views. The food is outstanding and many of our... Read More guests told us it was the best wedding food that they've ever had. Most of all, the staff was truly fantastic. We live in New Jersey and I was worried about planning a wedding out of state, however the Riverhouse made the planning process seamless and our wedding went off without a hitch. Hattie and Kelley were so helpful and thorough during the planning that I never had to worry about a thing. They were always quick to respond and made sure all our ideas and visions were part of our big day. We are also grateful to Mary and Michelle who were both accommodating to us and our parents the night of our wedding. We highly recommend the Riverhouse to all couples looking for a unique and exceptional venue. I wish we could re-live our wedding day there over and over again!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Melissa C

The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station is wonderful! From the moment we got out of car to tour the site for the first time, we fell in love with the venue. The grounds are absolutely stunning, and the inside of the venue was clean and modern. We mainly worked with Hattie throughout... Read More the entire planning process. Hattie is incredibly knowledgeable, thorough, and kind. During various stages of the planning process, we emailed back and forth with Hattie (especially during the last two weeks before the wedding). She was prompt to respond and always answered our questions. Another great aspect of the Riverhouse was attending the food tasting (about 6 months before our wedding date), where they set up the venue like a wedding. We had the ability to taste the food and also got a good sense for what we wanted to do for table placement, table clothes, napkins, chair covers, etc. As the wedding got closer, we were in constant contact with Hattie about selections that needed to be made. The Riverhouse provides the Bride and Groom with paperwork that assists with this entire process. Having this paperwork was *key* and helped us stay organized and on track. A few days before the wedding, we met with Hattie and Linda (who was our event manager on the day of the wedding). Linda was so sweet and helpful and took the time to discuss with us how the entire flow of the wedding day would go. This was so reassuring! On the day of the wedding, the staff at the Riverhouse was wonderful! We got so many complements about the venue. Many people were raving about the food (the food is absolutely fantastic!) and how nice the venue looked. Honestly, there are not enough words that I can write to express how happy we were with the Riverhouse and the staff. They helped make our wedding day magical and we are so appreciative!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Katie S

The Riverhouse is an AMAZING place to get married! I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff, the actual venue, the food, etc. Hattie was my wedding coordinator throughout the planning process and answered every ridiculous question I had in less than 24 hours every... Read More time. The tasting was amazing, I've never eaten so much food in one sitting in my life and it really helped put my mind at ease that the food was not just delicious but fun & unique. They are as flexible as possible and try to accommodate any request you have to make your wedding as personal to your tastes as they can. The week leading up to the wedding was a frenzy of last minute planning and getting things done but The Riverhouse staff, particularly Hattie and my day-of banquet manager Mary, went through everything we brought on the final meeting and really put our minds at ease that they understood our vision and what we hoped the rooms, tables, etc would look like. They executed it the day of the wedding flawlessly. The night of the wedding itself was absolutely perfect. The cocktail hour room and reception room both looked AMAZING, the staff was great and so friendly, and the whole night went off without a hitch. Michele, our bridal party assistant, was so attentive and made sure we tried all the food, actually sat down and ate some dinner, and kept our drinks full the entire night. Every guest we talked to said the food was amazing, and if you get married early enough in the year, you get to enjoy the view of the river from the deck during cocktail hour which is also an amazing feature! Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone at the Riverhouse, we were so happy the entire night of the wedding and couldn't have asked for anything more.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kayla M

Where do I even being to explain how amazing the Riverhouse is! From my very first visit I knew I wanted that is where we were going to have our reception. The ballroom is stunning and you are the only wedding. After booking, Hattie and Kelley made the planning process very easy... Read More and were always there to answer any questions I had. The Riverhouse staff pays attention to every little detail. When we were at the final meeting before the wedding going over the food, my dad made a comment that he hates tomatoes. When my dad received his salad, his didn’t have any tomatoes. When I arrived after the ceremony, I went out onto the balcony to see the ballroom. They putting the final details together and the room was every more beautiful than I could have imagined. The balcony is also a great spot so your photographer can get a photo with all the guests at the wedding. I would recommend the Riverhouse to anyone planning a wedding. They exceeded all my expectations and made my wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Stacey D

Picking our venue was one of the easiest choices for us...I had done my research and upon our first meeting we were immediately in love! I wanted some water aspect and with being by the CT river it allowed us a chance to take scenic photos and a cooling breeze on what was a very... Read More hot day during cocktail hour on the deck. We had Hattie as our main contact but her and Kelley were helpful every step of the way. On the day of Mary took charge and the night flowed perfectly , she went above and BEYOND to ensure we and our guests left happy. We can't say enough about the food at the Riverhouse , this was very important to us and we had endless compliments from our 220 guests including some of the "best wedding food" experienced. You can't be disapointed if you choose this beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Terry V

The Riverhouse was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. Hattie was a pleasure to work with and made planning our day easy. The venue is beautiful, the staff excellent and the food unbelievable! Our guests raved on an on about the food and how beautiful... Read More our wedding was. I am so glad that we chose The Riverhouse. It exceeded our expectations. Hattie is the best! We are very grateful for all that the staff did for us and hope someday a friend gets married there so we can go back!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Lauren Z

I recently attended a wedding at the Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station and I have to say everything went perfectly and according to plan! The venue itself was awesome, the grounds were beautifully maintained and the accommodations for the wedding party and guests was as good as it... Read More gets. Our Banquet Manager Linda and her entire staff was awesome!! We had a fairly large wedding party, and trying to keep everyone together and on task was no easy feat. No problem for Linda though, as the true consummate professional Linda "herded the cats" and kept everything moving and flowing on schedule and making sure everyone was where they needed to be. All with a positive attitude, and friendly demeanor. You can tell Linda and company really love their jobs! There were times I thought the staff were on roller skates as they moved through the venue at lightning speed efficiently attending to all that needed Linda's or the staffs attention, but yet invisible when they needed to be. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the dinner... Hats off to the chef! our dinner was magnificent!! I would have expected a great meal after hearing from some of the guests from a previous event while we initially visited the Riverhouse on our search for a venue, but I have to say with three letters OMG!! How they pulled this off with approximately 175 guests was truly amazing! I felt I was being served at a 5+ star restaurant! The presentation was also truly impressive all around! Thank you all for helping us make this a most memorable day for us! To anyone looking for the best experience possible for your special occasion, you owe it to yourself to add The Riverhouse at Goodspeed Station to your list of venues to look at (You may find you need not look anywhere else) Jim Z, Proud Father of the Bride

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Lauren T

I can't say enough about this venue, the wedding coordinators, the service, the food....all of it! We had the best time at our wedding and felt like kings. Our guests had a blast and can't stop talking about how beautiful it was. Working with Kelley and Hattie was so much fun... Read More and they made all of the planning very easy and organized. I HIGHLY recommend The Riverhouse!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Briana H

The Riverhouse was the perfect place for our wedding. It was threatening to rain on the day of and we had great indoor and outdoor options for the ceremony. It ended up just misting during the ceremony and the Riverhouse was able to accomodate our live musicians who needed to be... Read More out of the precipitation, while still hosting our wedding outside. Hattie hooked us up with Faddy's Donuts which were made and served on site. Everything went off without a hitch!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Jaymie A

Hattie, Mary and the team at the Riverhouse were absolutely exceptional! Beginning a year ago when we started planning to the very end of our wedding was so smooth and handled as if they were only planning our wedding. They were incredibly accommodating and made the night the... Read More most special evening of our lives. We had special bridal attendants throughout the evening making sure we and our families were taken care of. We were able to have the ceremony and cocktail hour outside and the views were gorgeous. I love the Riverhouse and would recommend everyone get married there!! Dan and I wish we could do the night again!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Kayleigh M

My husband and I along with all of our friends and family can not rave enough about the Riverhouse! From first impressions to the very end of our wedding, everyone at the Riverhouse was there to make sure my day would be and was flawless. Hattie was always available and... Read More flexible, which was so important as my husband and I lived over an hour away and both have hectic schedules. Working in the industry, I knew I had higher expectations, but the Riverhouse did not fail me at all! They worked with me and accommodated all my wants and needs. I knew I would have nothing to worry about working with this venue. I also can't forget to mention the delicious food! My husband and I have been to enough weddings (being at the age were you go to 10/year) so we are use to the generic "wedding food". The Riverhouse had a fantastic variety of appetizers and entree selections. The food was beautifully plated and the flavor was right their with it! My guests are still talking about their meals at the wedding!! (Side Note: we choose Cakes by Donna for our wedding cake and I would also highly recommend her!!) My wedding day was the best day of my and my husbands life. I woke up that morning not worry about anything because I knew everything would be taken care of. When I opened the doors to the Ballroom I was completely in shock over how beautiful the space was! One thing I also won't forget is our bridal attendant who was on point the entire day! Every time I would put my drink down and loose it another would appear right as I needed it! The Riverhouse took care of every little detail, especially the little things that crazy brides forget! I would highly recommend the Riverhouse for your wedding if you are searching for a great location, with a beautiful outdoor area, fantastic food, and pleasant, accommodating staff to work with during your planning. I wouldn't change one thing about my day!! Big thanks to everyone at the Riverhouse to helped make my day so special!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Kelsey K

The Riverhouse couldn't have been a more perfect venue for a wedding! We got married here on June 5, 2016 and we were completely blown away by the level of service, execution, and expertise the venue achieves. From the very beginning of the planning process all the way to the... Read More day of, the Riverhouse was a pleasure to work with and was always ready to make our special day perfect. Everyone was blown away by the food and drinks offered during our reception and we received so many compliments from our guests about our venue. If you have even a slight interest in looking at the Riverhouse to be your wedding venue, please go take a look. You will not be disappointed! Perfect atmosphere and location that offers way more than you could ever hope for!