An Elegant Affair on the Farmington River

Located in the picturesque Weatogue area of Simsbury, Connecticut, The Riverview captures the beauty of rural Connecticut while bringing glamour and elegance to any gathering. Built in 2008 to exacting standards, your guests will be dazzled by the building's classical architecture.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

10 Winslow Place, Simsbury, CT (860) 651-5005
PINTEREST

Utmost Attention to Detail!

Reviewed on 2/02/2013 Suzanne B

Couldn't say enough about the staff and facility at the Riverview. Food, amenities, waitstaff was unvelievable.. We felt like royalty!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 1/31/2013 Matthew C

When we first got engaged and started to look for venues to host our wedding, we immediately had two in mind. Having attended proms and weddings at each of them, we were very familiar with what they had to do offer. We did a little more research online and came across The... Read More Riverview and liked enough of what we saw to come out and take a look. We can remember the day like it was yesterday. We remember that Meg gave us a tour of the facility and afterwards, we met with Stephanie. We immediately fell in love with the place – not just because it looked amazing – but because of the attention we received, the friendliness and welcoming vibe that Meg gave off, and the details that Stephanie provided us. During that time while we were there touring, it felt like we were the only ones that mattered. No one was in a rush to get us out of there and everything was covered in great detail. Leading up to the wedding, Alyson provided us with tremendous support. There was never once during the process where we felt confused and unprepared because she had done such a great job helping us prepare. When it came time to pick our menu and cake, she was nothing but phenomenal helping us with meal choices, what was most popular, and what tasted the best. We left that day excited about the night that was coming up in a few months and couldn’t wait for it to come. It came faster than either of us expected it to – but again – Meg and Alyson did a great job helping us get through the week, easing our concerns, and guiding us with everything. Meg was amazing filling in for Alyson while she was out of the office for the beginning of the week. She quickly replied to our e-mails and assured us that everything would be OK. When Alyson came back, she quickly got in touch with us to touch base and to make sure that everything was all set. The night came and like we mentioned above, the night was perfect. We knew it would be a great time – we didn’t know how amazing the night would be though. Every single person we talked to said they had an amazing time – and even though we are over a week removed from it, people are still talking about it and how much fun they had. They loved the food and especially the cake – people mentioned that wedding cake is usually just OK – but this cake was great. Much appreciation to those who cooked and baked! The service from the Bridal Attendants was amazing from the very second we walked out of the limousine. From what we heard from the guests, the bartenders and the servers were polite and provided excellent service. The receptionist in the lobby was very polite and of course, Alyson was awesome. On that evening, it felt like we had known our Bridal Attendants and Alyson forever. Each of them were quick to help us with anything we needed and Alyson kept the night moving with everything that needed to be done. We were amazed with many things throughout the night. At the end of the night, everything was already packed up for us and ready for us to take home and we didn’t have to worry about a single thing! We will never forget this night – not just because it was the night we got married – but because of how flawless the night was, how nice everyone was – although the word nice doesn’t do any of you justice…. we wish we could find a word that multiplies nice by a million, and because of the quality of work that The Riverview does.

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Ashley B

I had to plan my wedding in 6 weeks due to military and The Riverview was amazing in working with me and helping me throughout the process. They were very precise the day of the wedding and if there were any issues, I never knew about them.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Tori A

Couldn't recommend this place enough. Most venues tend to nickel and dime you for any possible thing. I was SHOCKED at how much comes included at the base price including candles, hurricane lamps, table numbers, and even the cake (which was phenomenal). Jodie, our wedding... Read More planner, could not have made the day more stress free, she was great to work with and even packed up everything into the car the night of so we had absolutley no worries. The lights kept the dance floor going all night and the food was INCREDIBLE. so many good things to say.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 kelly w

I cannot praise them enough!!! the grounds were stunning the food was amazing and the guests were happy with everything. Chelsea was a gem to work with and was so helpful to us the day of and the entire planning process. She was prompt with responses, very professional and so... Read More much fun! Maureen was an absolute doll and really went out of her way for us. The girls that were helping assist the day of were so helpful and sweet. We had such an amazing experience overall, it was more than I could have hoped for.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lauren C

I am so happy that we chose this venue for our wedding. The food, the service, the location, the bridal suite, everything about this place was perfect. They made everything so easy. Everyone loved the champagne that was served before the ceremony. The bridal attendants were so... Read More great to have! They held my drink and flowers between taking pictures. All of the food was delicious! The wedding cake was SO good and I do not usually care for cake and I had myself 2 pieces. But enough about the food - I cannot express my appreciation for the staff at The Riverview, especially Chelsea Davis. Without her I would be lost, Chelsea knew exactly what I wanted and made it all happen seamlessly. She set up all the decorations and even had the cake all packaged up with freezing instructions. I could go on and on about this place, but you should just see for yourself and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Lindsey S

If I could give The Riverview more than 5 stars I absolutely would! My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at The Riverview at the beginning of August and it was amazing! To start, the location is beautiful. The ceremony site is gorgeous and the ballroom is as well. All... Read More of the staff we worked with and interacted with were wonderful. All very professional and made everything so easy! I had to worry about nothing when it came to my wedding day. Our coordinator, Chelsea, was outstanding! She took care of us through the entire planning process and really made sure our day ran smoothly. If there were any issues I never knew about them and Chelsea took care of it! She was so flexible down to changes we made day of, and made it work seamlessly. She also had great suggestions to help me along the way. The other staff members who worked with us that day were great! Always made sure us and our guests had everything we needed. I really can't say enough good things! I highly recommend this venue to any couple!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Patricia G

I recently got married at the Riverview and was amazed since the day my husband and I toured the location. The service was amazing the entire night. Jodie and the 2 bridal attendants were beyond helpful. They all made myself and bridal party feel relaxed and were always very... Read More helpful. The food was delicious and the venue is gorgeous. My husband and I instantly fell in love with the venue and Maureen quickly sold it to us with her fun and kind personaility. Thanks again Jodie and the entire Riverview staff !

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Liss C

We booked our reception at The Riverview almost two years out, and Jodie and her staff were incredible the whole way through! Jodie responded to emails promptly and answered all of my questions without hesitation. When we dropped off our decor a couple of days before the party,... Read More she assured us that everything would be taken care of - and she was right! She and her staff were friendly, attentive, and kept it all on schedule. The entire night was seamless, and our guests are still raving about the food, service, and gorgeous ballroom. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Ashley L

Personal staff , awesome food . Honestly had nothing to worry about the entire ceremony. Maureen is awesome.. price was right for the amount of food... and top shelf liquor, and cake . Definitely check this venue out!!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Danielle B

My husband and I recently got married in June at the Riverview. Words cannot even begin to express how impressed and pleased we were with the Riverview. Chelsea and the Riverview staff certainly didn't miss a beat! They were present and guiding us every step of the way, which... Read More made for the most beautiful and perfect day. We would highly recommend this venue! Absolutely stunning!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Rachel D

We couldn't have been happier to have our wedding at the Riverview! They take care of everything, and I mean everything! Our wedding coordinator was in touch from the start. We really liked that they had us come in for a menu meeting and cake tasting a few months prior. We went... Read More over every detail so we didn't have to worry. On the day of, the staff was warm and welcoming. We had 2 bridal attendants who watched out for us all day. They made sure we ate, drank, and had the best time. The staff thought of everything, even things my husband and I never would have thought of, like packing up dinner for us at the end of the reception. The food was delicious, the cake looked and tasted amazing, and we had countless guests who told us how much they loved our venue. We highly recommend the Riverview for any wedding!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Julie S

We held our wedding at The Riverview on June 3, 2017. We worked with general manager Maureen and our wedding planner was Jodi who were both incredibly accommodating and great to work with. Maureen was even present during the reception and made sure my parents and in-laws had... Read More their favorite drink on hand at all times! Jodi answered all of my questions in a timely manner and helped me problem-solve ideas leading up to the big day. I felt very calm the day of my wedding, knowing that we were in good hands and that everything was going to be taken care of. The food was delicious and the cake was some of the best wedding cake I’ve ever had. My only complaint is I wanted more of it! 😉 The Riverview is beautiful, which is easy to see during the site-visit. However, what I really want everyone to know is that the attentiveness you receive while visiting the site is the same attentiveness you will receive throughout the entire process. Even at the end of the night, the staff packed up all of our things and loaded up my parents’ vans! Highly Recommend for any function!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Laura H

My husband and I got married here in May, and everything was absolutely perfect! My guests raved about how beautiful the venue is, and how excellent the food was! Everything for me was totally worry-free, and it all went off without a hitch. The staff was so wonderful and took... Read More great care of me, my husband, and our guests.

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Mark A

This venue was absolutely fantastic! We booked just over one year out and they handled our questions like our wedding was the next weekend. They kept in contact throughout the year and were very kind and courteous. We are a same sex couple our coordinator, Chelsea, created a... Read More HANDMADE "Groom's Suite" sign to cover the "Bridal Suite" Sign. Extremely flexible, accomodating, thoughtful. Food was incredible. Great bartenders and attendants. ALl of our guests raved about the food, the layout, and the ultimate experience. My partner and I cannot say how pleased we are with the staff who helped us prepare and keep us calm leading up to and including wedding day. They were by our side the whole time. They made it easy and simple!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Corinne H

They made everything go so smoothly and were super attentive to me and my husband!! They took great care of guests with allergies! Couldnt ask for anything better

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Jess K

We had our New Year's Eve wedding here and it exceeded our expectations in every way! It was beautiful, the staff was so nice and attentive, they were super accommodating and really made sure everything was executed perfectly! I also cannot say enough great things about Chelsea... Read More our coordinator. I couldn't have asked for anyone better, she responded quickly to all my crazy questions and changes, made sure everything went smoothly before and during our reception. She made everything 1000x easier. Our guests were amazed at how great everything was and we are so happy we chose this venue!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Anne R

We met Emily and fell in LOVE with the Riverview. She made us feel welcomed and stayed later to show us around. (We dropped in while in the area looking at other venues.) We than began working with Jodie. This was very difficult. It was clear to us that we were not a... Read More priority to Jodie. When we would email/call with questions it took days to get back to us. Throughout the leading months we contemplated asking to work with someone else. The final straw came about three weeks before the wedding. She emailed us with a laundry list of last minute items for our upcoming wedding. I emailed within a few hours that night to only get her away message due to the holidays. I respect the holidays and being with family, however I wish she had emailed us the day before so our questions could have been answered. The deadline she gave us to respond back was within the away message setting, continuing to not make sense. The week of the wedding Jodie was great. She answered emails/calls quickly and was attentive. Wedding day - All went very well. Food was great, guests loved the whole atmosphere. It is clear that the Riverview is terrific at putting on wedding receptions. Thanks for a great time!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Rebecca W

My husband and I were married at The Riverview on 11/4/16. We ended up at this venue after a "it could never happen to us" event. Our original venue had a fire and we could no longer have our wedding there (we only had 6 months to change locations!) After visiting another venue... Read More in the area I quickly emailed The Riverview to see if by chance we could go right over and check it out - as we were pulling in their manager Stephanie emailed me back that it was a perfect time and to come right in! My now husband, mother, sister, and I fell in love immediately. It's gorgeous inside and out and every single member of the staff was courteous and kind. We signed our contract on the spot and had a tremendous sigh of relief that we were now back in business for getting married in November. Our event coordinator Jodie was wonderful - she answered all my questions almost immediately and always put my mind at ease. The day of the wedding went so smoothly it was incredible. We arrived around 4pm for our 6pm wedding so we could take pictures and do a first look. We got to use both bridal suites so my husband and I could hide from each other while we were getting read. The food from what I heard from our guests was absolutely amazing. Unfortunately with our emotions running wild my husband and I only tried some of it but what we did try we loved. I even had a guy from work take a picture of his plate to send to his daughter to brag about how good the food was! And speaking of food they were able to use our BBQ menu from our previous location - we were all happy campers! The cake was amazing, we had funfetti - which is SUCH an awesome option as it is my personal favorite. Our "attendants" for the night were beyond helpful bustling my dress and were always there if you needed them, I didn't need their help all that much but they always checked in to see if I needed anything. The entire night (from my point of view) ran seamlessly perfect!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Ashley S

Right from the start planning my wedding was made easy with all the help from Jodie and Stephanie. They made the preparations leading up to the wedding go seamlessly. One of the things that stood out were our bridal attendants Ben and Erica. They were fantastic, always... Read More available when we needed them and on top of everything. The staff as a whole was terrific and really made the day! We couldn't have done it and have such a stress free, memorable wedding without the great service they gave us, we were treated like royalty.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Kaila M

Food was great staff was very attentive all guest were pleased with the food and service they received. The staff helped make my wedding perfect.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Valerie C

As soon as we met with Maureen to tour the Riverview, we knew we had found someplace special. We immediately felt at home, and could tell the staff was accommodating and attentive. This was definitely true on the day of our wedding, and everything went smoothly. Not only did my... Read More husband and I have an amazing time, but all of our guests commented on various aspects of the venue, including the dinner, cake, venue itself, and the gelato station that we had. I would highly recommend the Riverview if you are looking for a wedding venue that is professional, accommodating, and can expertly execute a flawless wedding!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kristen F

I can't say enough positive things about our wedding at The Riverview -- and neither could our guests! I knew from the minute I took the tour of the venue that I wanted to have our wedding and reception here, and I'm so glad we did. Chelsea was amazing, answering any questions... Read More I had leading up to the event. I also was a bit nervous and frantic when we got to the rehearsal, but my nerves were instantly calmed as it was clear how impeccably everything was coordinated for us. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. Chelsea and my two attendants were wonderful, and everything was seamless. They had us where we needed to be when we needed to be there (photos, the start of the ceremony, getting our marriage license signed, etc.) and I just completely enjoyed the evening -- I didn't have to think at all. Everything was exactly as I'd wanted. Highly HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kara K

We got married at the Riverview a few weekends ago, and we couldn't have had a better experience. Jodie and her team of attendants were absolutely incredible. Everything went smoothly from the day we signed the contract, starting the whole planning process, up until our wedding... Read More day. The food was awesome too! They let us personalize us much as we wanted, from the signature drinks down to the way we set up the ceremony. Thank you to the whole Riverview team for making our wedding so perfect!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Jenn D

We had both our ceremony and reception at The Riverview and it was absolutely perfect! The coordinators and bridal attendants are there to make your day as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Everyone is friendly, quick to answer questions, and the venue itself is beautiful.... Read More Also, the food is delicious and the bartender was awesome! I would highly recommend The Riverview to anyone who is looking for a wedding venue! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day!