An Elegant Affair on the Farmington River

Located in the picturesque Weatogue area of Simsbury, Connecticut, The Riverview captures the beauty of rural Connecticut while bringing glamour and elegance to any gathering. Built in 2008 to exacting standards, your guests will be dazzled by the building's classical architecture.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

10 Winslow Place, Simsbury, CT

Utmost Attention to Detail!

Reviewed on 2/02/2013 Suzanne B

Couldn't say enough about the staff and facility at the Riverview. Food, amenities, waitstaff was unvelievable.. We felt like royalty!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 1/31/2013 Matthew C

When we first got engaged and started to look for venues to host our wedding, we immediately had two in mind. Having attended proms and weddings at each of them, we were very familiar with what they had to do offer. We did a little more research online and came across The... Read More Riverview and liked enough of what we saw to come out and take a look. We can remember the day like it was yesterday. We remember that Meg gave us a tour of the facility and afterwards, we met with Stephanie. We immediately fell in love with the place – not just because it looked amazing – but because of the attention we received, the friendliness and welcoming vibe that Meg gave off, and the details that Stephanie provided us. During that time while we were there touring, it felt like we were the only ones that mattered. No one was in a rush to get us out of there and everything was covered in great detail. Leading up to the wedding, Alyson provided us with tremendous support. There was never once during the process where we felt confused and unprepared because she had done such a great job helping us prepare. When it came time to pick our menu and cake, she was nothing but phenomenal helping us with meal choices, what was most popular, and what tasted the best. We left that day excited about the night that was coming up in a few months and couldn’t wait for it to come. It came faster than either of us expected it to – but again – Meg and Alyson did a great job helping us get through the week, easing our concerns, and guiding us with everything. Meg was amazing filling in for Alyson while she was out of the office for the beginning of the week. She quickly replied to our e-mails and assured us that everything would be OK. When Alyson came back, she quickly got in touch with us to touch base and to make sure that everything was all set. The night came and like we mentioned above, the night was perfect. We knew it would be a great time – we didn’t know how amazing the night would be though. Every single person we talked to said they had an amazing time – and even though we are over a week removed from it, people are still talking about it and how much fun they had. They loved the food and especially the cake – people mentioned that wedding cake is usually just OK – but this cake was great. Much appreciation to those who cooked and baked! The service from the Bridal Attendants was amazing from the very second we walked out of the limousine. From what we heard from the guests, the bartenders and the servers were polite and provided excellent service. The receptionist in the lobby was very polite and of course, Alyson was awesome. On that evening, it felt like we had known our Bridal Attendants and Alyson forever. Each of them were quick to help us with anything we needed and Alyson kept the night moving with everything that needed to be done. We were amazed with many things throughout the night. At the end of the night, everything was already packed up for us and ready for us to take home and we didn’t have to worry about a single thing! We will never forget this night – not just because it was the night we got married – but because of how flawless the night was, how nice everyone was – although the word nice doesn’t do any of you justice…. we wish we could find a word that multiplies nice by a million, and because of the quality of work that The Riverview does.

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Ashley B

I had to plan my wedding in 6 weeks due to military and The Riverview was amazing in working with me and helping me throughout the process. They were very precise the day of the wedding and if there were any issues, I never knew about them.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

My husband and I got married at The Riverview on June 25, 2016. They were an absolute pleasure to work with from the moment we first met them for our initial tour, to the moment we walked out after our wedding. Chelsea Davis was our Event Manager and she is the best! She is... Read More incredibly responsive, supportive, and professional. She takes time to get to know the couples for each wedding she's managing, and listens to your ideas and helps them become realized. She was there for us anytime we needed her and even helped our officiant during rehearsal to make sure everyone knew where to be and what they should do. At the end of our wedding Chelsea and the staff had everything packed up for us and ready to go. On the day of our wedding we never had to think about what we should be doing next, or worrying about decorations...Chelsea and the amazing staff at The Riverview had everything under control. The atmosphere is amazing, the staff is incredible, and the food is great! Our guests raved about the candy bar table and the pretzels that were served at the end. The Riverview exceeded our expectations and gave us the most memorable wedding we could have asked for!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Whitney I

I can't think of a single thing I would have done differently working with The Riverview. Chelsea was our coordinator and she was responsive, professional, and patient! The day of the wedding she was all of those things and more. My attendants were not only wonderful to me but... Read More super helpful to my family and bridesmaids. The food was great, and venue was gorgeous.. So glad we chose to have our wedding here.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Kimberly K

I highly recommend the Riverview for a wedding venue. The day was fabulous and everything went off without a hitch. From day one when we signed the contract with the Riverview they have been super helpful and were able to make everything I requested happen. They were very easy... Read More to work with and get in touch with! The venue itself is beautiful and super clean. The food was phenomenal and everyone is still talking about how delicious everything was!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Rebecca C

The Riverview helped us create not only the best wedding day-- the best celebration of our entire lives! From the moment we booked the venue a year and a half before the wedding day, to the moment we hugged goodbye after our reception, the staff was extremely positive,... Read More attentive, and creative. They are so knowledgeable about decor and the food was phenomenal- my guests are still raving over it! Chelsea was my coordinator, and she helped see through every special detail- she even helped my mom create the most amazing Harry Potter themed candy bar. All of the attendants were so helpful and kind, it truly made the day extra happy. With the gorgeous facilities and delicious eats, the Riverview is a flawless wedding venue!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Nicole C

I was thrilled with my wedding! Chelsea was very attentive and quick to respond to all my emails. The day of every time I went to ask or get something Chelsea was right behind me with whatever I was looking for. All the staff were very attentive. The food was fantastic and... Read More seemed to never end. All the guests had a great time and the room is gorgeous. Not to mention the pricing was extremely reasonable.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Elizabeth P

Guests can't stop talking about how classy and elegant my Riverview wedding was. Chelsea and her assistants took care of every detail and kept the night running smoothly. Guests loved how there was never a wait for a drink, and how impressive the cocktail hour display was.... Read More Cheers to an unforgettable experience at the Riverview!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016

The Riverview was the first reception hall I visited and every other venue I visited couldn't compare. They saw to every detail, the venue was beautiful and they made our wedding day stress free. Everyone loved the food and there was plenty of it! They coordinated all my vendors... Read More with skill, and everything couldn't have gone smoother. All my guests had a fantastic time!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

Our wedding was two years ago, but every time we drive by the Riverview we still squeeze each other’s hand and grin like idiots! We recommend this place to anyone who will listen. The staff was unbelievably helpful and accommodating. I mishandled my suit jacket (I was feeling... Read More nervous, hot, and distracted.) When I picked it up there were creases and wrinkles all on the back of it. I didn’t even need to take my problem to our coordinator, a random staff member quickly took it away and steamed it and got it back to me before I had a chance to freak out (too much.) It was so obvious that they truly cared and were proud of their service. The whole day was a whirlwind, and it has been two years so I don’t remember every instance. But I do remember feeling that at every chance the staff went above and beyond what they needed to. And I know that the "Riverview" sign is going to make us grin like idiots for a long long time.

The most amazing day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Lori K

We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful wedding! From all the planning and organizing ahead, all the way up to the actual day, The Riverview made everything as easy as possible! Our coordinator Chelsea was amazing with responding to all my crazy questions and concerns and... Read More made sure everything ran smoothly and seamlessly the day before and day of the wedding! The venue itself is beautiful even on a cold and rainy day like we had! The food was incredible and our guests are still raving about it, a month later! Service was impeccable through the whole evening for ourselves especially, as well as all our guests! With the beautiful setting, the food (and great drinks!), the service, and our entertainment (After Hours DJ's and Photo Booth), it was the most amazing day and we couldn't have asked for anything better! We would recommend The Riverview to anyone planning a wedding because they really did a wonderful job with everything! Thank you to everyone there who worked to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

My wedding on 9/26/15

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Delilah G

A five star rating is not enough for this picture perfect venue. They were attentive to detail and made everything possible. From our first visit with Maureen to the day of our wedding, everything was perfect. The staff made my husband and I feel comfortable and we knew... Read More everything was taken care of. My bridal attendant, Pattie, was so attentive from the beginning until the end, she made my wedding that much more enjoyable. In all The Riverview is the place for great food, great service and is an overall great venue.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Alexa

I had my wedding at the Riverview on October 18, 2015 and had both our ceremony and reception there. When we first went there, we met with the GM Maureen, SUCH a wonderful woman. Aside from how absolutely beautiful everything about this venue was, Maureen sold it for us. We were... Read More assigned Allison as our coordinator, and the day it was time for us to go for our menu planning, we were informed we were getting a new coordinator, named Chelsea. Chelsea was great, I am actually happy that she is the one we had the opportunity to work with because she made everything so easy, answered any questions I had, reached out to me, and was just such a sweet happy person to be around. She literally made sure that everything was done exactly as I had wanted and was willing to work with the suggestions we had with no hesitation, but rather a better suggestion. On the day of our wedding, Chelsea was there to make sure everything went smooth while we were getting ready and that we had stuff to drink the bridal suite. I also had another woman, I'm pretty sure her name was Penny, who was one of my bridal attendants...ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. She made sure everything was perfect that night. Chelsea was around I'm sure doing some things when I was not around, but Penny on the day of is the one who was like my right hand man. So great and so willing to help, suggest, and do as she was asked. Everyone loved the food, drinks,and set-up too which was awesome. My only complaint is that I'm pretty sure in my contract it said 2 hours before my event we were supposed to have the horderves in there for us seeing as we would not get to have any, but none came until after the ceremony where we still did not get to have any because of the time scheduling and such. Overall, I would recommend the Riverview and Chelsea definitely to anyone who was looking to get married! I would also ask to have Penny as your bridal attendant. I couldn't be happier with the service or site!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Bill M

Absolutely the best and most beautiful venue. We could not have asked for anything more. If we had to do it all over again, we would definitely have our reception at The Riverview. The staff was awesome from meeting with Maureen the first day to the follow through all the way... Read More to our wedding day with Cait, we couldn't ask for more. Erica and Chris our assistants for our wedding day were phenomenal. They were totally attentive to anything we needed or help with anything. We would recommend The Riverview to anyone!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Kasey M

My (now Husband, YAY!) and I wanted to be somewhere that wasn't too far from us and the airport (he had a lot of relatives traveling). We only looked at two places and they gave us a fantastic price which included choice of color for table cloths and napkins (the other place we... Read More looked at charged for that). We went with the buffet style dinner (Hey, I have having to choose what I want to eat months in advance then regret it day of) and they food was Delicious. The guests LOVED the food and (total bonus) the fact that they were welcomed with champagne. I mean who doesn't like a "Welcome to the wedding, have a glass of champagne while you wait for the ceremony to start!" My coordinator (included with the price) was Caitlin and was absolutely fantastic and the two assistants (yes, also included) were incredible with getting everything for my Husband and I. Honestly, I hope I get invited to a wedding there so I can enjoy the place all over again!.

Perfect Summer Wedding

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Anna P

We had our wedding at the Riverview on August 29, 2015. I grew up in Massachusetts, but my husband and I were planning our entire wedding from Kentucky. We flew in last July and looked at 3 venues. The Riverview was the second we looked at and my husband begged me not to look... Read More any further because he was IN LOVE with the Riverview. When we walked in there, we just knew this was the place for us. It seemed the Riverview did not cut any corners on the venue, and we were pleased with every single detail. We met with GM Maureen the first day we visited and heard all about the packages and got a great tour. The next day we were back there picking our wedding date and signing the contract. Every question I had I emailed my wedding coordinator Caitlin and she would respond very promptly. You would never guess she was planning dozens of wedding because of how much attention she gave to every single bride. When the night finally came, it was all we could have asked for. There was appetizers waiting for the bridal party in the suite before the ceremony, and also after the ceremony during pictures. Everyone was so attentive that night and was constantly asking us if there was anything they could do for us. The service was amazing!! The food was great too, we chose the filet, swordfish, and bone-in chicken for our entree choices. I even asked the pastry chef to make a University of Kentucky cake for my groom and they made it PERFECTLY! It is great they include the regular wedding cake in the package there, as it is one less thing the bride has to worry about. We did not even get a chance to eat our cake, and did not realize it till we were back at the hotel that night! They packed us 2 pieces for us to enjoy, as well as the top tier of our cake to freeze until our anniversary. They truly think of everything there! We were so happy we chose to have our ceremony and reception there and would not have changed one thing! Thank you to everyone who made our wedding the best night of our lives! The Riverview easily gets 5 stars from us!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Melissa B

We had our wedding at the Riverview 6/27/15 and it was truly a magical evening! First I would like to give a big thank you to Danielle, who was my wedding planner provided by the Riverview who truly cared about my needs & executed everything flawlessly that day! She allowed me... Read More to come in to photograph exactly where i wanted everything on the wedding day in advance and everything was perfectly in place! The Riverview is such a beautiful venue & beautiful place for outdoor pictures as well. Everyone enjoyed cocktail hour & noted that variety of choices for appetizers! the crab cakes & wings were a bit hit amongst gets. The Filet was cooked perfectly & many guests enjoyed that dish. We heard good reviews for the salmon & some enjoyed chicken (some thought was a bit hard to eat w-bone in) but you cant please them all! They made me a cupcake tower at no additional charge with a small cake on top. It was a unique part of the wedding that we enjoyed and the cupcakes were very good.The service really stood out to me also. We were treated like royalty with danielle & many others offering drinks, assistance with my dress during photos & umbrellas also as it did light rain a bit. We had a late night grill cheese stand that was also a hit with our guests. they packed up everything for us at the end of teh night & assisted us loading it in the car. The only con we had was we weren't made aware during the initial booking that there was a service fee not included in the per person price. As you can imagine this added up quite a bit right before the wedding which was a bit shocking. Needless to say, we had to pay it and was assured they now make couples initial next to this part of the contract so they are aware. Although, unexpected the service was well worth it. Thank you to the riverview for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

Amazing venue! the staff is very professional and amazing at what they do! Our wedding went smoothly and flawlessly thanks to the staff at the Riverview!

Amazing Day

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Katie Z

The people working at the Riverview were professional and helpful from day 1! We looked at two venues, The Riverview being the second, and then our search for our wedding ceremony and reception was done. My husband and I wanted an outside summer ceremony with an indoor... Read More reception. The awesome thing about the Riverview was that no matter what the weather was we could still have our ceremony outside. The patio has a canopy all year long. Even if it's raining or super sunny and hot the ceremony could still be outside. The reception are was a beautiful ballroom with gorgeous chandeliers. But the decor was perfect for how fancy or how casual you wanted the atmosphere to be. The food was delicious and catered to many different options. We had the steak, fish, and chicken for the dinner and our guests loved each one. In addition to the delicious cake the Riverview offered additional tables such as a sundae bar and a chocolate fountain - both huge hits for our guests on a summer day. The people working at The Riverview were so helpful and so approachable. Anytime I had questions our planner got back to me the same day, regardless of how busy she was. The week leading up to the wedding they in constant communication making sure all was well with me, as the bride. They were in constant communication regarding our decorations and the schedule for the weekend. The day of the wedding they were there to keep order amongst chaos. They made sure we kept to our schedule so the ceremony and dinner started on time. They even made sure to put food in the bridal suite while the bridal party was doing pictures. The entire experience made our special day perfect. If I could do everything all over again I would choose The Riverview 100% of the time. Our guests also had an amazing time they all said our venue was beautiful.

Wedding of Our Dreams

Reviewed on 3/20/2015

Our December 2014 wedding was the wedding of any girl's dream with the Riverview making it all possible! The planning and the actual event was beyond our expectations. Thanks to the great service the Riverview provides, nothing went incomplete. From beginning to end it was a... Read More pleasure working with our Wedding Planner, Ally and the rest of the staff who were more than accomodating. Every guest commented on how great the service, the impeccable food, the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. Alot of our guests were very impressed by how wonderfully every detail was executed (as were my husband and I). We were told by several that this was the best wedding they had ever attended. I will definitley, confidently and highly (and have already)recommend the Riverview for any upcoming event. I am their biggest fan!

Service average, entree horrible, and no resolution to inedible prime rib.

Reviewed on 3/13/2015 Robin W B

My son's wedding was NOV. 14' 2014 and we looked forward to the wonderful food and service that other parents of brides/grooms had told us about. We were VERY DISAPPONTED. we had prime rib as a choice and 90% of our guests had chosen this as their entree. HORRIBLE, soooo... Read More many complaints from guests from it was cold, undercooked (from those who love rare prime rib)' but the worst was that they all complained that it was tough! Riverview called it "Prime Rib" but I would be surprised if it was even Select grade. Even Choice grade would have never been this tough. More than 20 close friends/relatives told us they couldn't cut it with a steak knife they had requested from staff, and some staff never brought them these knives. Very disappointed. And we paid for the limitless cocktail shrimp table, but the cocktail sauce ran out, the staff failed to bring out more when it was pointed out that it had run out. This had cost $1500 and they could not provide more cocktail sauce? On the positive side, the specially groom's cake in the shape of a CAT loader was spectacular and the wedding cake was Spice cake and my son declared that it was as good as mine. The Bridal salon was not attended as well as they had describesd, we had to repeatedly ask for service for the wedding party. The Riverview provided Mac and Cheese and Meatloaf that we never ordered and my thought was they served this as an appetizer to keep people from consuming the unlimited Shrimp table and the New England table that we had paid extra for. We were supposed to have New England clam chowder on that table and more than half the guests I questioned never saw chowder served on the this table and the Bridal Suite was never served any of it! When I spoke to the manager about these issues, she apologized and stated they no longer offer "prime Rib" on the menu because it is so hard to get it "right for a crowd." Aqua Turf and Farmington Club have no problem getting Prime Rib right. I have been to more than 10 weddings/banquets at these venues and have never heard anything but raves about the "Prime Rib." Beautiful venue, but disappointed in the most important entree and service staff ignoring complaints about it.

2015-03-15T17:33:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback on your son’s recent wedding. We truly appreciate your comments and will discuss with our team on ways to improve on those points so that we can continue to provide the service standards that our clients have come to expect..... Read Less Read More

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Sarah G

The Riverview is unbelievable. They do everything and that made planning so much more easier! Whenever I had questions my coordinator would promptly respond. They made all decision making easy. They day of was just beautiful. I went simple with decor because the venue itself is... Read More gorgeous. We never went without anything that day. They were by our side our whole time as well as our parents. All of our guests loved the service, food, and bar. I recommend this venue to everyone I talk to!

Almost perfect!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Brigitte P

Our only issue was that our guests complained about the prime rib being tough. Everything else was perfect! We got there a little earlier then expected so they weren't entirely ready for us in the bridal suite but they started bringing in food almost immediately. I was a little... Read More bummed that I didn't get to try all of the appetizers that we had but my husband and guests loved them! They made a 3d replica of a loader my husband uses at work as a surprise groom cake and everyone loooved it!

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 christina f

This place was amazing, at first I was unhappy that they did not offer a tasting, but the food was amazing and everyone raved about it the following days. Our planner and coordinator Stephanie was very helpful throughout the planning process, and the day went off without a... Read More hitch. The staff was EXTREMELY attentive and nice, it truly made for an incredible experience. This place is totally worth it!!