Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

10 Winslow Place, Simsbury, CT

Utmost Attention to Detail!

Reviewed on 2/02/2013 Suzanne B

Couldn't say enough about the staff and facility at the Riverview. Food, amenities, waitstaff was unvelievable.. We felt like royalty!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 1/31/2013 Matthew C

When we first got engaged and started to look for venues to host our wedding, we immediately had two in mind. Having attended proms and weddings at each of them, we were very familiar with what they had to do offer. We did a little more research online and came across The... Read More Riverview and liked enough of what we saw to come out and take a look. We can remember the day like it was yesterday. We remember that Meg gave us a tour of the facility and afterwards, we met with Stephanie. We immediately fell in love with the place – not just because it looked amazing – but because of the attention we received, the friendliness and welcoming vibe that Meg gave off, and the details that Stephanie provided us. During that time while we were there touring, it felt like we were the only ones that mattered. No one was in a rush to get us out of there and everything was covered in great detail. Leading up to the wedding, Alyson provided us with tremendous support. There was never once during the process where we felt confused and unprepared because she had done such a great job helping us prepare. When it came time to pick our menu and cake, she was nothing but phenomenal helping us with meal choices, what was most popular, and what tasted the best. We left that day excited about the night that was coming up in a few months and couldn’t wait for it to come. It came faster than either of us expected it to – but again – Meg and Alyson did a great job helping us get through the week, easing our concerns, and guiding us with everything. Meg was amazing filling in for Alyson while she was out of the office for the beginning of the week. She quickly replied to our e-mails and assured us that everything would be OK. When Alyson came back, she quickly got in touch with us to touch base and to make sure that everything was all set. The night came and like we mentioned above, the night was perfect. We knew it would be a great time – we didn’t know how amazing the night would be though. Every single person we talked to said they had an amazing time – and even though we are over a week removed from it, people are still talking about it and how much fun they had. They loved the food and especially the cake – people mentioned that wedding cake is usually just OK – but this cake was great. Much appreciation to those who cooked and baked! The service from the Bridal Attendants was amazing from the very second we walked out of the limousine. From what we heard from the guests, the bartenders and the servers were polite and provided excellent service. The receptionist in the lobby was very polite and of course, Alyson was awesome. On that evening, it felt like we had known our Bridal Attendants and Alyson forever. Each of them were quick to help us with anything we needed and Alyson kept the night moving with everything that needed to be done. We were amazed with many things throughout the night. At the end of the night, everything was already packed up for us and ready for us to take home and we didn’t have to worry about a single thing! We will never forget this night – not just because it was the night we got married – but because of how flawless the night was, how nice everyone was – although the word nice doesn’t do any of you justice…. we wish we could find a word that multiplies nice by a million, and because of the quality of work that The Riverview does.

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Ashley B

I had to plan my wedding in 6 weeks due to military and The Riverview was amazing in working with me and helping me throughout the process. They were very precise the day of the wedding and if there were any issues, I never knew about them.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Kaila M

Food was great staff was very attentive all guest were pleased with the food and service they received. The staff helped make my wedding perfect.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Valerie C

As soon as we met with Maureen to tour the Riverview, we knew we had found someplace special. We immediately felt at home, and could tell the staff was accommodating and attentive. This was definitely true on the day of our wedding, and everything went smoothly. Not only did my... Read More husband and I have an amazing time, but all of our guests commented on various aspects of the venue, including the dinner, cake, venue itself, and the gelato station that we had. I would highly recommend the Riverview if you are looking for a wedding venue that is professional, accommodating, and can expertly execute a flawless wedding!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kristen F

I can't say enough positive things about our wedding at The Riverview -- and neither could our guests! I knew from the minute I took the tour of the venue that I wanted to have our wedding and reception here, and I'm so glad we did. Chelsea was amazing, answering any questions... Read More I had leading up to the event. I also was a bit nervous and frantic when we got to the rehearsal, but my nerves were instantly calmed as it was clear how impeccably everything was coordinated for us. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. Chelsea and my two attendants were wonderful, and everything was seamless. They had us where we needed to be when we needed to be there (photos, the start of the ceremony, getting our marriage license signed, etc.) and I just completely enjoyed the evening -- I didn't have to think at all. Everything was exactly as I'd wanted. Highly HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kara K

We got married at the Riverview a few weekends ago, and we couldn't have had a better experience. Jodie and her team of attendants were absolutely incredible. Everything went smoothly from the day we signed the contract, starting the whole planning process, up until our wedding... Read More day. The food was awesome too! They let us personalize us much as we wanted, from the signature drinks down to the way we set up the ceremony. Thank you to the whole Riverview team for making our wedding so perfect!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Jenn D

We had both our ceremony and reception at The Riverview and it was absolutely perfect! The coordinators and bridal attendants are there to make your day as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Everyone is friendly, quick to answer questions, and the venue itself is beautiful.... Read More Also, the food is delicious and the bartender was awesome! I would highly recommend The Riverview to anyone who is looking for a wedding venue! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Lauren S

Five star rating, hands down. This place was absolutely amazing. Every single person that we had the pleasure of working with made our experience. We first met Maureen Huntley who helped us see our dream wedding there and then we met Chelsea Davis who was our coordinator and... Read More she was wonderful. I couldn't have done it without her, she had an answer for everything. Planning a wedding out of state was difficult but Chelsea handled everything flawlessly and was very patient with me and a fast responder as I asked tons of questions. Chelsea also told us exactly what to do day-of when were all running around with short attention spans, I did not worry about a single thing that day! We also had 2 fantastic attendants, Patti and Allie, they were so incredibly sweet and attentive. My husband, our families and I could not be more grateful to everyone at the Riverview for orchestrating the most perfect day.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Melanie R

The Riverview was nothing short of amazing!! From setting up our wedding date to the actual day everything went very smoothly! The staff was incredibly accommodating and they made our day go by without a hitch! Patty our bridal attendant was so attentive as well as Ben.... Read More Chelsea our wedding coordinator made the whole wedding planning experience so easy. Our guests loved their meals, drinks, and h'orderves...the pasta and salad portions were perfect sizes as well! We had an amazing wedding thanks to The Riverview!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Teresa C

Our guests could not stop talking about what a wonderful time they had at our wedding! Thank you to Jodie and The Riverview staff for making our day so memorable!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Camilla

We got married at the Riverview July 17 2016 and let me tell you ...it was AMAZING!!! Everything was literally perfect from beginning to end. This venue was the first we saw and the last. As soon as we started walking through, we knew ..this was the place. Maureen was... Read More absolutely awesome!! No words can describe her genuine love for her job, she was so knowledgeable and explained Everything to a T, any and all questions we had, she was on top of it all. Both her and the venue itself won us over. We knew the minute we left our initial meeting we were going to be in great hands, and were we ever. Our coordinator Chelsea, well..lets just say there's no better word than perfect !!! We insanely fell in love with her from our first meeting and knew that she was going to do Everybting in her power to make our wedding day so special, and she surpassed all of our expectations and more. Her personality says it all, she's so outgoing and hilarious, so so genuinely nice and knows the Riverview in and out. All of our questions were answered throughout the whole process , (and I definitely emailed her a little too much with questions here and there) and she was always a so curteous and got back to us right away !! On the day of our wedding we didn't have to worry about a single thing!! We needed a drink ? There it was before we even asked for it, some more h'ourderves , there they were ! the food was absolutely delicious!! And don't get me started on the cake...people were drooling over it!! (Red velvet) The drinks were flowing and and the bartenders were awesome! The Riverview made us feel like a king and queen and we couldn't have asked for anything else, the night was as perfect as we imagined it would be and MORE!! Our families were just in awe of the entire night and their staff. There were a few last minute changes to a few meals and the wait staff didn't hesitate they were so quick to accommodate people. We want to thank you so much for making our night so magical and unforgettable!!! If you want the most amazing food, service, decor, and basically be treated like royalty all night from the most spectacular staff...The Riverview is hands down the best place around!!! Love u guys! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

My husband and I got married at The Riverview on June 25, 2016. They were an absolute pleasure to work with from the moment we first met them for our initial tour, to the moment we walked out after our wedding. Chelsea Davis was our Event Manager and she is the best! She is... Read More incredibly responsive, supportive, and professional. She takes time to get to know the couples for each wedding she's managing, and listens to your ideas and helps them become realized. She was there for us anytime we needed her and even helped our officiant during rehearsal to make sure everyone knew where to be and what they should do. At the end of our wedding Chelsea and the staff had everything packed up for us and ready to go. On the day of our wedding we never had to think about what we should be doing next, or worrying about decorations...Chelsea and the amazing staff at The Riverview had everything under control. The atmosphere is amazing, the staff is incredible, and the food is great! Our guests raved about the candy bar table and the pretzels that were served at the end. The Riverview exceeded our expectations and gave us the most memorable wedding we could have asked for!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Whitney I

I can't think of a single thing I would have done differently working with The Riverview. Chelsea was our coordinator and she was responsive, professional, and patient! The day of the wedding she was all of those things and more. My attendants were not only wonderful to me but... Read More super helpful to my family and bridesmaids. The food was great, and venue was gorgeous.. So glad we chose to have our wedding here.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Kimberly K

I highly recommend the Riverview for a wedding venue. The day was fabulous and everything went off without a hitch. From day one when we signed the contract with the Riverview they have been super helpful and were able to make everything I requested happen. They were very easy... Read More to work with and get in touch with! The venue itself is beautiful and super clean. The food was phenomenal and everyone is still talking about how delicious everything was!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Rebecca C

The Riverview helped us create not only the best wedding day-- the best celebration of our entire lives! From the moment we booked the venue a year and a half before the wedding day, to the moment we hugged goodbye after our reception, the staff was extremely positive,... Read More attentive, and creative. They are so knowledgeable about decor and the food was phenomenal- my guests are still raving over it! Chelsea was my coordinator, and she helped see through every special detail- she even helped my mom create the most amazing Harry Potter themed candy bar. All of the attendants were so helpful and kind, it truly made the day extra happy. With the gorgeous facilities and delicious eats, the Riverview is a flawless wedding venue!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Nicole C

I was thrilled with my wedding! Chelsea was very attentive and quick to respond to all my emails. The day of every time I went to ask or get something Chelsea was right behind me with whatever I was looking for. All the staff were very attentive. The food was fantastic and... Read More seemed to never end. All the guests had a great time and the room is gorgeous. Not to mention the pricing was extremely reasonable.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Elizabeth P

Guests can't stop talking about how classy and elegant my Riverview wedding was. Chelsea and her assistants took care of every detail and kept the night running smoothly. Guests loved how there was never a wait for a drink, and how impressive the cocktail hour display was.... Read More Cheers to an unforgettable experience at the Riverview!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016

The Riverview was the first reception hall I visited and every other venue I visited couldn't compare. They saw to every detail, the venue was beautiful and they made our wedding day stress free. Everyone loved the food and there was plenty of it! They coordinated all my vendors... Read More with skill, and everything couldn't have gone smoother. All my guests had a fantastic time!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

Our wedding was two years ago, but every time we drive by the Riverview we still squeeze each other’s hand and grin like idiots! We recommend this place to anyone who will listen. The staff was unbelievably helpful and accommodating. I mishandled my suit jacket (I was feeling... Read More nervous, hot, and distracted.) When I picked it up there were creases and wrinkles all on the back of it. I didn’t even need to take my problem to our coordinator, a random staff member quickly took it away and steamed it and got it back to me before I had a chance to freak out (too much.) It was so obvious that they truly cared and were proud of their service. The whole day was a whirlwind, and it has been two years so I don’t remember every instance. But I do remember feeling that at every chance the staff went above and beyond what they needed to. And I know that the "Riverview" sign is going to make us grin like idiots for a long long time.

The most amazing day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Lori K

We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful wedding! From all the planning and organizing ahead, all the way up to the actual day, The Riverview made everything as easy as possible! Our coordinator Chelsea was amazing with responding to all my crazy questions and concerns and... Read More made sure everything ran smoothly and seamlessly the day before and day of the wedding! The venue itself is beautiful even on a cold and rainy day like we had! The food was incredible and our guests are still raving about it, a month later! Service was impeccable through the whole evening for ourselves especially, as well as all our guests! With the beautiful setting, the food (and great drinks!), the service, and our entertainment (After Hours DJ's and Photo Booth), it was the most amazing day and we couldn't have asked for anything better! We would recommend The Riverview to anyone planning a wedding because they really did a wonderful job with everything! Thank you to everyone there who worked to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

My wedding on 9/26/15

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Delilah G

A five star rating is not enough for this picture perfect venue. They were attentive to detail and made everything possible. From our first visit with Maureen to the day of our wedding, everything was perfect. The staff made my husband and I feel comfortable and we knew... Read More everything was taken care of. My bridal attendant, Pattie, was so attentive from the beginning until the end, she made my wedding that much more enjoyable. In all The Riverview is the place for great food, great service and is an overall great venue.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Alexa

I had my wedding at the Riverview on October 18, 2015 and had both our ceremony and reception there. When we first went there, we met with the GM Maureen, SUCH a wonderful woman. Aside from how absolutely beautiful everything about this venue was, Maureen sold it for us. We were... Read More assigned Allison as our coordinator, and the day it was time for us to go for our menu planning, we were informed we were getting a new coordinator, named Chelsea. Chelsea was great, I am actually happy that she is the one we had the opportunity to work with because she made everything so easy, answered any questions I had, reached out to me, and was just such a sweet happy person to be around. She literally made sure that everything was done exactly as I had wanted and was willing to work with the suggestions we had with no hesitation, but rather a better suggestion. On the day of our wedding, Chelsea was there to make sure everything went smooth while we were getting ready and that we had stuff to drink the bridal suite. I also had another woman, I'm pretty sure her name was Penny, who was one of my bridal attendants...ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. She made sure everything was perfect that night. Chelsea was around I'm sure doing some things when I was not around, but Penny on the day of is the one who was like my right hand man. So great and so willing to help, suggest, and do as she was asked. Everyone loved the food, drinks,and set-up too which was awesome. My only complaint is that I'm pretty sure in my contract it said 2 hours before my event we were supposed to have the horderves in there for us seeing as we would not get to have any, but none came until after the ceremony where we still did not get to have any because of the time scheduling and such. Overall, I would recommend the Riverview and Chelsea definitely to anyone who was looking to get married! I would also ask to have Penny as your bridal attendant. I couldn't be happier with the service or site!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Bill M

Absolutely the best and most beautiful venue. We could not have asked for anything more. If we had to do it all over again, we would definitely have our reception at The Riverview. The staff was awesome from meeting with Maureen the first day to the follow through all the way... Read More to our wedding day with Cait, we couldn't ask for more. Erica and Chris our assistants for our wedding day were phenomenal. They were totally attentive to anything we needed or help with anything. We would recommend The Riverview to anyone!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Kasey M

My (now Husband, YAY!) and I wanted to be somewhere that wasn't too far from us and the airport (he had a lot of relatives traveling). We only looked at two places and they gave us a fantastic price which included choice of color for table cloths and napkins (the other place we... Read More looked at charged for that). We went with the buffet style dinner (Hey, I have having to choose what I want to eat months in advance then regret it day of) and they food was Delicious. The guests LOVED the food and (total bonus) the fact that they were welcomed with champagne. I mean who doesn't like a "Welcome to the wedding, have a glass of champagne while you wait for the ceremony to start!" My coordinator (included with the price) was Caitlin and was absolutely fantastic and the two assistants (yes, also included) were incredible with getting everything for my Husband and I. Honestly, I hope I get invited to a wedding there so I can enjoy the place all over again!.

Start a Conversation!