An Elegant Affair on the Farmington River

Located in the picturesque Weatogue area of Simsbury, Connecticut, The Riverview captures the beauty of rural Connecticut while bringing glamour and elegance to any gathering. Built in 2008 to exacting standards, your guests will be dazzled by the building's classical architecture.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

10 Winslow Place, Simsbury, CT (860) 651-5005
PINTEREST

Utmost Attention to Detail!

Reviewed on 2/02/2013 Suzanne B

Couldn't say enough about the staff and facility at the Riverview. Food, amenities, waitstaff was unvelievable.. We felt like royalty!

The Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 1/31/2013 Matthew C

When we first got engaged and started to look for venues to host our wedding, we immediately had two in mind. Having attended proms and weddings at each of them, we were very familiar with what they had to do offer. We did a little more research online and came across The... Read More Riverview and liked enough of what we saw to come out and take a look. We can remember the day like it was yesterday. We remember that Meg gave us a tour of the facility and afterwards, we met with Stephanie. We immediately fell in love with the place – not just because it looked amazing – but because of the attention we received, the friendliness and welcoming vibe that Meg gave off, and the details that Stephanie provided us. During that time while we were there touring, it felt like we were the only ones that mattered. No one was in a rush to get us out of there and everything was covered in great detail. Leading up to the wedding, Alyson provided us with tremendous support. There was never once during the process where we felt confused and unprepared because she had done such a great job helping us prepare. When it came time to pick our menu and cake, she was nothing but phenomenal helping us with meal choices, what was most popular, and what tasted the best. We left that day excited about the night that was coming up in a few months and couldn’t wait for it to come. It came faster than either of us expected it to – but again – Meg and Alyson did a great job helping us get through the week, easing our concerns, and guiding us with everything. Meg was amazing filling in for Alyson while she was out of the office for the beginning of the week. She quickly replied to our e-mails and assured us that everything would be OK. When Alyson came back, she quickly got in touch with us to touch base and to make sure that everything was all set. The night came and like we mentioned above, the night was perfect. We knew it would be a great time – we didn’t know how amazing the night would be though. Every single person we talked to said they had an amazing time – and even though we are over a week removed from it, people are still talking about it and how much fun they had. They loved the food and especially the cake – people mentioned that wedding cake is usually just OK – but this cake was great. Much appreciation to those who cooked and baked! The service from the Bridal Attendants was amazing from the very second we walked out of the limousine. From what we heard from the guests, the bartenders and the servers were polite and provided excellent service. The receptionist in the lobby was very polite and of course, Alyson was awesome. On that evening, it felt like we had known our Bridal Attendants and Alyson forever. Each of them were quick to help us with anything we needed and Alyson kept the night moving with everything that needed to be done. We were amazed with many things throughout the night. At the end of the night, everything was already packed up for us and ready for us to take home and we didn’t have to worry about a single thing! We will never forget this night – not just because it was the night we got married – but because of how flawless the night was, how nice everyone was – although the word nice doesn’t do any of you justice…. we wish we could find a word that multiplies nice by a million, and because of the quality of work that The Riverview does.

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Ashley B

I had to plan my wedding in 6 weeks due to military and The Riverview was amazing in working with me and helping me throughout the process. They were very precise the day of the wedding and if there were any issues, I never knew about them.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Tiffany C

Words can’t explain ..our wedding 9/17/17 was AMAZING !! The Riverview not only catered to our needs but made sure the needs of our guest was met!! The food was AWESOME!! Our coordinators Chelsea did an AMAZING job working with our other vendors!! THANK YOU THANK YOU so much the... Read More Riverview team!! You all made our life changing event even more magical and memorable!! # ~KindRegards Tiffany & Dylan Jack

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Meghan J

I have to say the in writing this review we had a VERY stressful venue planning with our original venue (you can guess which one) was still not open after two date changes. The Riverview (with less than 90 days to go) was so accomodating and got us a date that worked with all... Read More the family we had traveling in for the original weekend. Jodi was our planner and she was awesome. We had to make alot of decisions quickly but The Riverview is a fine tuned operation and it was a very stress free easy process. The food was excellent. We ended up getting married on site which was not the original plan but it worked out so great. The grounds are impeccably kept. This venue was all aroung great, very reasonably priced and if I had it to do all over again, it would definately be there. If you are looking for a place to stay The Simsbury Inn was amazing as well, and basically right across the street! Thank you Riverview for turning our wedding nightmare into a magical day!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Jennifer (

The Riverview is a beautiful place to have a ceremony and reception. This was the fifth venue we visited and went back the next day to sign a contract. It was by far our favorite ceremony site, with a tented area that looked out over the Farmington river. The ceremony site was... Read More also very private and there were no views of the parking lot (a big pet peeve of mine). The reception area was also really nice. It was spacious and had a good sized dance floor. The windows were amazing and also looked out to the Farmington river. There were only a couple of downsides on the day of the wedding. Our cake was supposed to have flowers on top, which were delivered by the florist, but never placed by the pastry chef. When we pointed it out, the staff was quick to use flowers from the ceremony site to place on the cake. We were later told the one from the florist would have been too big (which it would not have been, we received the cake topper at the end of the night and placed it on the top layer of cake we brought home). The wrong ribbon was also placed on the cake. We provided our own maroon colored ribbon, but black ribbon was on the cake. We didn't have black in any other part of the wedding (the guys wore navy blue). This was something else we didn't notice until we got home, we thought the lighting in the reception area was just making the ribbon look darker. I also had a hard time finding the bridal attendants at times, especially while my husband and I were waiting in the bridal suite during cocktail hour. The last thing was that we provided extra favors for our guests, but never received any of the extras back at the end of the wedding. Most certainly only minor complaints and none of this ruined our wedding in any way. We would love to relive it all!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Alicia S

The Riverview was the first venue we looked at for our wedding and I immediately fell in love. My mom told me we had other places to look at, but my mind was already made up. Throughout the planning process, I had many questions and my event coordinator, Jodie, was only an... Read More e-mail or phone call away. She answered all of my questions as soon as possible and always put my mind at ease. Every time we went to visit The Riverview, the entire staff made us feel special and welcome. Jodie and her staff paid attention to all of the details I had requested and worked with whatever crazy request we had. On the day of the wedding, everything was exactly how I had hoped it would be. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful the venue was and how great the food tasted!! The Riverview is in the wedding business for a reason. They know exactly what they are doing, they know how to make brides happy, and they have plenty of experience. Your wedding venue search stops here!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Chelsea D

Outstanding venue! Gorgeous in the fall! So happy this was my venue ❤️

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Danielle O

Could not of had a more perfect day! Chelsea is amazing as well as the entire staff. The venue is beautiful and they could not have made our day any more perfect!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Colleen G

We had such an amazing experience here, especially working with Chelsea and Maureen! They were so helpful answering all of our questions leading up to the big day and assisting with anything we needed. Two days before our wedding, I had to get an emergency appendectomy, but... Read More Chelsea went out of her way to make sure I made it down the aisle and that I was taken care of all night. Having her there was a lifesaver and very much appreciated!! The service at the Riverview in general was excellent from the waiters and bartenders to the bridal attendants (and our girl Chelsea of course). The food was INCREDIBLE, all the dishes got rave reviews from our guests and the appetizers were delicious as well. We got married October 7th and they had just changed the flowers in their gardens outside and all the indoor decor to an autumn theme, it looked beautiful! One of the best things about this venue though is that everything was taken care of and included in the price: outdoor ceremony space (small extra fee), cocktail hour, reception, cake, catering, open bar. It was a very relaxing wedding planning process once we booked the Riveview and the wedding day far exceeded our expectations! We really can't say enough good things about it!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jackie T

My husband and I got married a few weeks ago at The Riverview and there isn't a single thing we would have changed about our wedding. The Riverview has weddings down to a science, and their professionalism, thoroughness, flexibility, service, and amenities make them the best in... Read More the biz, at least in my book. I love that they handled everything from the initial booking onwards and that everything I didn't want to think about was included with the ability to customize or DIY - on-site ceremony (under a lovely, lit tent, literally steps from the reception), centerpieces, premium open bar, incredible food, the cake! Our wedding coordinator Chelsea was AMAZING, answering every email and inquiry we asked, working within the constraints/timing we faced with other vendors, making the process fun (like picking out our menu and trying the different cake options), and just quelling any stress or concern that came up along the way. Also, once onsite, I worried about nothing. Between Chelsea and the bridal attendants, we were never with an empty glass or without something to eat if we wanted it. They made the transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception seamless, and the facilities themselves are just beautiful! Easy to get to, ample parking, right on the river, and gorgeous interior as well. Hope future brides and grooms consider The Riverview; you won't be disappointed and neither will your guests.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Tori A

Couldn't recommend this place enough. Most venues tend to nickel and dime you for any possible thing. I was SHOCKED at how much comes included at the base price including candles, hurricane lamps, table numbers, and even the cake (which was phenomenal). Jodie, our wedding... Read More planner, could not have made the day more stress free, she was great to work with and even packed up everything into the car the night of so we had absolutley no worries. The lights kept the dance floor going all night and the food was INCREDIBLE. so many good things to say.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 kelly w

I cannot praise them enough!!! the grounds were stunning the food was amazing and the guests were happy with everything. Chelsea was a gem to work with and was so helpful to us the day of and the entire planning process. She was prompt with responses, very professional and so... Read More much fun! Maureen was an absolute doll and really went out of her way for us. The girls that were helping assist the day of were so helpful and sweet. We had such an amazing experience overall, it was more than I could have hoped for.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lauren C

I am so happy that we chose this venue for our wedding. The food, the service, the location, the bridal suite, everything about this place was perfect. They made everything so easy. Everyone loved the champagne that was served before the ceremony. The bridal attendants were so... Read More great to have! They held my drink and flowers between taking pictures. All of the food was delicious! The wedding cake was SO good and I do not usually care for cake and I had myself 2 pieces. But enough about the food - I cannot express my appreciation for the staff at The Riverview, especially Chelsea Davis. Without her I would be lost, Chelsea knew exactly what I wanted and made it all happen seamlessly. She set up all the decorations and even had the cake all packaged up with freezing instructions. I could go on and on about this place, but you should just see for yourself and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Lindsey S

If I could give The Riverview more than 5 stars I absolutely would! My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at The Riverview at the beginning of August and it was amazing! To start, the location is beautiful. The ceremony site is gorgeous and the ballroom is as well. All... Read More of the staff we worked with and interacted with were wonderful. All very professional and made everything so easy! I had to worry about nothing when it came to my wedding day. Our coordinator, Chelsea, was outstanding! She took care of us through the entire planning process and really made sure our day ran smoothly. If there were any issues I never knew about them and Chelsea took care of it! She was so flexible down to changes we made day of, and made it work seamlessly. She also had great suggestions to help me along the way. The other staff members who worked with us that day were great! Always made sure us and our guests had everything we needed. I really can't say enough good things! I highly recommend this venue to any couple!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Patricia G

I recently got married at the Riverview and was amazed since the day my husband and I toured the location. The service was amazing the entire night. Jodie and the 2 bridal attendants were beyond helpful. They all made myself and bridal party feel relaxed and were always very... Read More helpful. The food was delicious and the venue is gorgeous. My husband and I instantly fell in love with the venue and Maureen quickly sold it to us with her fun and kind personaility. Thanks again Jodie and the entire Riverview staff !

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Liss C

We booked our reception at The Riverview almost two years out, and Jodie and her staff were incredible the whole way through! Jodie responded to emails promptly and answered all of my questions without hesitation. When we dropped off our decor a couple of days before the party,... Read More she assured us that everything would be taken care of - and she was right! She and her staff were friendly, attentive, and kept it all on schedule. The entire night was seamless, and our guests are still raving about the food, service, and gorgeous ballroom. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Ashley L

Personal staff , awesome food . Honestly had nothing to worry about the entire ceremony. Maureen is awesome.. price was right for the amount of food... and top shelf liquor, and cake . Definitely check this venue out!!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Danielle B

My husband and I recently got married in June at the Riverview. Words cannot even begin to express how impressed and pleased we were with the Riverview. Chelsea and the Riverview staff certainly didn't miss a beat! They were present and guiding us every step of the way, which... Read More made for the most beautiful and perfect day. We would highly recommend this venue! Absolutely stunning!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Rachel D

We couldn't have been happier to have our wedding at the Riverview! They take care of everything, and I mean everything! Our wedding coordinator was in touch from the start. We really liked that they had us come in for a menu meeting and cake tasting a few months prior. We went... Read More over every detail so we didn't have to worry. On the day of, the staff was warm and welcoming. We had 2 bridal attendants who watched out for us all day. They made sure we ate, drank, and had the best time. The staff thought of everything, even things my husband and I never would have thought of, like packing up dinner for us at the end of the reception. The food was delicious, the cake looked and tasted amazing, and we had countless guests who told us how much they loved our venue. We highly recommend the Riverview for any wedding!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Julie S

We held our wedding at The Riverview on June 3, 2017. We worked with general manager Maureen and our wedding planner was Jodi who were both incredibly accommodating and great to work with. Maureen was even present during the reception and made sure my parents and in-laws had... Read More their favorite drink on hand at all times! Jodi answered all of my questions in a timely manner and helped me problem-solve ideas leading up to the big day. I felt very calm the day of my wedding, knowing that we were in good hands and that everything was going to be taken care of. The food was delicious and the cake was some of the best wedding cake I’ve ever had. My only complaint is I wanted more of it! 😉 The Riverview is beautiful, which is easy to see during the site-visit. However, what I really want everyone to know is that the attentiveness you receive while visiting the site is the same attentiveness you will receive throughout the entire process. Even at the end of the night, the staff packed up all of our things and loaded up my parents’ vans! Highly Recommend for any function!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Laura H

My husband and I got married here in May, and everything was absolutely perfect! My guests raved about how beautiful the venue is, and how excellent the food was! Everything for me was totally worry-free, and it all went off without a hitch. The staff was so wonderful and took... Read More great care of me, my husband, and our guests.

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Mark A

This venue was absolutely fantastic! We booked just over one year out and they handled our questions like our wedding was the next weekend. They kept in contact throughout the year and were very kind and courteous. We are a same sex couple our coordinator, Chelsea, created a... Read More HANDMADE "Groom's Suite" sign to cover the "Bridal Suite" Sign. Extremely flexible, accomodating, thoughtful. Food was incredible. Great bartenders and attendants. ALl of our guests raved about the food, the layout, and the ultimate experience. My partner and I cannot say how pleased we are with the staff who helped us prepare and keep us calm leading up to and including wedding day. They were by our side the whole time. They made it easy and simple!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Corinne H

They made everything go so smoothly and were super attentive to me and my husband!! They took great care of guests with allergies! Couldnt ask for anything better

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Jess K

We had our New Year's Eve wedding here and it exceeded our expectations in every way! It was beautiful, the staff was so nice and attentive, they were super accommodating and really made sure everything was executed perfectly! I also cannot say enough great things about Chelsea... Read More our coordinator. I couldn't have asked for anyone better, she responded quickly to all my crazy questions and changes, made sure everything went smoothly before and during our reception. She made everything 1000x easier. Our guests were amazed at how great everything was and we are so happy we chose this venue!