The Room on Main

Dallas, TX

Book Your Wedding with The Room on Main

Couples looking for a space filled with refined elegance need to look no further than The Room on Main. The Room on Main is a beautifully restored historic ballroom on the sixth floor of the Dallas Arts Center in Dallas, Texas. The spacious room can accommodate up to 320 guests and is an ideal venue for couples looking to host their wedding in comfortable, elegant surrounds. Natural, polished wood floors, antique chandeliers, impressive elevated ceilings and walls lined with windows create a spectacular space for their wedding. Sip champagne by the unique bar and admire its special features including the matchstick marble mosaic and granite bar top. With such ample space in the venue, couples will have the convenience of hosting both their ceremony and reception in one location. The Room on Main also offers couples the option of hosting their ceremony on the manicured lawn behind the Arts Center, for couples preferring an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. Whether couples prefer, indoor or outdoor, intimate or large, The Room on Main will be able to accommodate their every wish.

Couples will appreciate the versatility of the space and the variety of ways that the ballroom can be personalized. The amount of natural light from the window-lined walls makes this a great daytime or evening ceremony or reception location. A soft, neutral color palette and champagne drapes are welcoming additions to just about any color scheme couples choose. The dramatically high ceilings of the ballroom are inviting for tall floral arrangements and candlelit lighting and small, elegant touches like wood lines along the dance floor will be sure to impress guests. Tables and Chiavari chairs are included in the wedding package and can be personalized with bows in the wedding colors.

The Room on Main also has a relaxing bridal suite available for use by the bride and her bridal party pre-ceremony. The bridal parlor includes everything the bride will need before greeting her guests. Full-length mirrors, soft lighting and a bathroom with all the amenities awaits. A groom’s room is also available for use during this special day. Grooms will especially appreciate the flat screen television and mini-fridge.

Early set-up times are available but events must end at 2 a.m. Six hours of time are included in all events, excluding the set-up and cleanup time. Extended hours can be arranged for an additional fee. The ceremony fee is not included in the cost of the venue rental. The venue does not provide food or alcohol but can offer a list of local vendors to assist you. Amplified music is allowed both indoors and outdoors. No rice, birdseed, confetti or inorganic material is allowed.

Additional perks include:

• Conveniently located near the Dart and Light Rail system
  • Several hotels are within easy walking distance to the venue
  • Free wedding planning guide
  • Photo booth rental
  • Unique furniture and props to rent
  • Pin spotting and uplighting
  • Audio Visual rental

The Beautifully Restored Historic Ballroom

*Dallas’ premier wedding venue for ceremonies and/or receptions. *Large open ballroom with huge windows. *Neutral color palette and champagne drapes. *Dramatic 30-foot coffered ceiling accented with antique chandeliers. *Lovely hardwood floors for dancing.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

2030 Main Street, Dallas, TX (214) 742-1526

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Kelsey W

I can't say enough wonderful things about The Room on Main. From the first time I toured until the time I walked out at the end of my wedding night, they were tremendous! They helped me every step of the way with details, finalizing items, answering questions timely. The service... Read More is unbeatable. We didn't have to worry about a thing. The staff took care of it all, without having to be asked. The Captains we had were amazing. They answered any question my mom had or any of our guests needed. We received too many compliments to count. Thank you for taking away the stress and getting the job done. It made my night so much more enjoyable! Alma was amazing throughout the process and extremely helpful. The venue is also GORGEOUS. I am biased, but it was perfect for my wedding. Thank you all!

2017-12-08T11:16:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We absolutely loved working with you every step of the way. We wish you a lifetime of happiness in this new chapter of your life.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Elaine S

Have you ever made a wish and it come true beyond your wildest dreams? Well, that’s exactly what happened when we had our wedding ceremony and reception at the remarkable Room on Main. I will tell you right now, you simply must go there to see it … to believe it! It is the... Read More most magnificent 5,000 sq. ft. ball room you will ever see with those 30 ft. tall ceilings, 20 ft. tall neutral-draped windows engulfing 3 walls, and vintage chandeliers throughout the gorgeous ceiling. There’s really not much else you have to do to make the room look superb, but our florist made it look uniquely like our own ballroom. Pamela and Jessica from the Room on Main and certainly, David, with CN Catering went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect! The planning was so simple (with them being the pros that they are) and it made my planning a piece of cake, which is quite the exception with me being the perfectionist that I am. As the day approached, I kept expecting to get nervous about the arrangements. However, I just knew it was going to come off without a hitch from having worked with them for those months in advance. On the day of the wedding, I simply focused on us, cast my worries to the wind, and Viola! … It was a Wedding Day Made in Heaven!! Everything was prepared and provided promptly as promised! The tables were perfectly arranged. The food tasted superb and loved by all, (with many people going back for seconds)! The attendants were spot-on with their service and the evening was sheer perfection! Should you follow in our footsteps, you will never regret it … for it will be as if you followed in Cinderella’s glass slippers. Just check it out … you’ll see! It was magical!

2016-04-15T15:21:41 Response from the vendor

Woah! We are blown away by this incredible review, Elaine! Your whole wedding was perfection and we were honored to be a part of you & Dena's special day. Having wonderful clients like you remind us of why we love this business so much. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Lisa D

The venue and staff are absolutely amazing and provide 5 Star service that some hotels could take a page from. We absolutely love working with David, his staff of All Stars and the venue. The venue is absolutely gorgeous! Easy access and ability to work with The Room on Main... Read More is by far a blessing to our industry!

2015-10-14T11:16:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Partnering with wonderful vendors like yourself make our job very easy. We are looking forward to working with you on many more weddings - you rock!

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Emily B

The most beautiful venue ever! I knew this was going to be my wedding venue right away - tall celiengs, open windows, beautiful floors, this room has such elegance! They were so easy to work with and ensured all of my questions were answered in a timely manner. They made wedding... Read More planning so easy for me, and worked great with all of my other vendors. They have in house catering, linens, tables and chairs, which made my life so much easier. We didnt do a food tasting which made me a little nervous, but the food was delicious. Everyone was raving about the catering company they use (CN Catering). The room is pricey to rent, but so worth it! We just got our pictures back and they look incredible in this venue. Also, we had a live band and the sound was fantastic. I loved the openness of the room, it made it much easier to walk around from table to table and talk to guests the night of. Great venue!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Tori P

Everything about The Room on Main was 1st class. Our New Year's Eve wedding was better than we could have imagined. The venue is stunning and hardly needs any decor because it's so fantastic. Our guests raved about the food. My husband and I did stations for the food and the... Read More staff assembled a plate for us, ready for us as soon as it was ready, with all the food so we could be sure to eat - which we REALLY appreciated. The service was very professional and efficient - no staring at dirty dishes all night!! Our wedding was a dream, and it was all thanks to the help of the Room on Main!!!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Amanda O

The Room on Main was both the first venue we looked at online and the first venue we toured in person. We immediately fell in love with the venue’s grandiose ambiance and it’s elegant, beautifully designed space. Although we did end up looking at a few other venues after our... Read More initial visit, we started comparing every venue we toured to the Room and decided we should just stop wasting time and book at the Room before it was too late. And I’m sure glad we did! I cannot begin to tell you how much we enjoyed our wedding and the wedding planning process with the Room. Alma was extremely accommodating and was always available to help answer questions and guide us throughout the planning process. I would highly recommend the Room on Main to anyone—you will not be disappoint!

2017-12-28T22:39:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We really enjoyed working with you every step of the way and we are so happy we were able to be part of this special day with you!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Brooke B

Let me start out with the pros! - The venue is gorgeous! We immediately fell in love when we walked in. The high ceilings and big windows are a show stopper. - CN Catering is the required caterer at this venue. Their food was awesome! We had the brisket (which melted in your... Read More mouth), truffle mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. The apps were also really good! - bar staff were friendly and quick! Cons: - The venue needs to work on their customer service. They were fine when they were communicating via email, but in person they weren’t the most pleasant. - They made my parents take out the bulk trash..This to me is unacceptable and rude. We paid a lot of money for the wait staff and yet they asked the parents of the bride to do this (which they did). Other than that we had a great experience!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Shannon G

Beautiful space. The food was great. Lots of room for larger events. Not a great value for the money but that is not rare in the wedding industry. Overall, I would definitely recommend Room on Main.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Paige N

The room on Main was an absolute fairytale! Alma, David and the rest of the TROM/CN Catering team were so great,they were sweet professional, responsive and so helpful during the entire planning process and the wedding! They even gave us a little gift basket at the end of the... Read More night to take with us to the hotel. It's the most gorgeous venue in Dallas, if you're looking for a place definitely check it out!

2017-12-08T11:18:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You were such a pleasure to work with and we are so happy to hear you had a great experience at our venue and with our staff. Congratulations once again!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Brittini S

The moment i walked into the Room on Main, i cried. The room is simply stunning, it's classic ad timeless yet modern and chic, and the views are breathtaking. The lines of communication were always open which made working with ROM and CN catering a complete breeze. CN Catering... Read More have amazing packages for any price point, but they allowed me to go item by item so i could personalize my event to my taste precisely. The night of my wedding, as the elevator doors opened, my heart grew five times that day!! The place was stunning, the food was amazing. Guests have been complementing me for days now on every aspect and detail! Follow your heart brides and you won't be wrong!

2017-12-08T11:20:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Brittany. You looked absolutely stunning that night and everything you all put together was just gorgeous. We enjoyed working with you every step of the way and what a fun night that was!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jamerson J

This is the absolute best venue . You hardly have to do anything to the room because it is already gorgeous! Beautiful hardwood floors, tall ceilings, large windows, hanging chandeliers, great location, and fantastic service. It is an all in one room so your guests are part of... Read More all of the fun. Perfect for both wedding ceremony and reception. The staff made everything very easy. No complaints from this mother of the bride!

2017-12-08T11:22:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We truly enjoyed working with you and your beautiful daughter.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kelsey K

This venue was the PERFECT venue for our wedding! It is stunning, and the staff is wonderful. The views of downtown are so beautiful and fun and they were able to customize our event to turn it into the vision we had for our wedding. People are still talking about the food,... Read More especially the passed appetizers, and how beautiful the venue is!!! Alma and the team were so patient as I changed my mind a few times on some things, and they made sure every detail was perfect. I felt so taken care of!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue; we wish we could do it all over again!!

2017-12-08T11:26:12 Response from the vendor

Kelsey, we really appreciate your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed that special night and we are lucky to have been a part of it with you and your family. Congratulations once... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Tammy C

Thank you for making our daughters wedding reception so special. Everything went off without a hitch. You were all very attentive to help the evening be spectacular.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Gina F

The Room On Main was an absolutely an amazing setting for my daughter's wedding reception! They were very easy to work with when it came to setting up the entire wedding reception. They are experts when it comes to the planning the perfect reception. It made it so easy for... Read More me since I was working full time. They made great suggestions in regards to room set-up , lighting, menu selections etc. They were always courteous and prompt whenever I had questions about the event! The food was delicious! !! We received so many compliments from all our friends and family in regards to the food! I would highly recommend them if you are hosting a wedding reception or any special event! Definitely check them out!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Sarah C

Gorgeous space in the heart of Downtown Dallas! The room transforms character as the sun sets - simply beautiful! On the expensive side and not great with day-of support or post-event follow-up, but pre-event planning was very helpful. Choose this venue for the look and feel... Read More because it outweighs any hassles you may have with the (required) catering company.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Sharla S

Beautiful Room, Excellent Service, and Delicious Food! Thank you for helping to make my daughter's wedding a dream come true!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Julie C

It's hard to say enough good things about The Room on Main. The staff is great and very easy to work with. The room itself is so beautiful and unique with the hardwood floors, chandeliers and amazing tall windows. CN Catering, the dedicated caterer, was amazing and the food was... Read More delicious. The servers and bartenders at our event were so helpful and professional. Everything ran so smoothly. We had 175 guests and that left plenty of room for a large dance floor and plenty of room in between tables. Thanks to the Room on Main staff for an evening we will never forget!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Jessica O

A beautiful space! My husband and I got had our reception here in March. The space is stunning and the staff is wonderful. We were able to bring in furniture for a customized reception. The team was flexible, supportive, and helped us create our dream wedding reception.

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 ELIA F

We couldn't have asked for a better venue! The Room is amazing with the tall ceilings, lighting, and views from the windows.... really breathtaking! The staff was just as amazing! It's a great set up for a party! We absolutely loved it and so did our guests!!!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Karina B

A night I will never forget. My true fairy tale! Thanks to everyone who made it happen. I have been getting so many compliments on the venue, the food and the service. I would highly recommend the Room on Main and CN catering to anyone looking for a venue. So many of my guests... Read More were ranting on how good the food was and how they are not used to wedding food normally being that good. This was just a perfect evening and I could have not asked for better!!!

2017-02-06T10:51:39 Response from the vendor

We are so so glad your night was a fairy tale! You were a beautiful bride and a blast to work with. Thank you for letting us help you with your dream wedding & we wish you many years of happiness!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Rachel M

I cannot say enough nice things about The Room on Main. When I wanted to do something unique or special, they were so accommodating and made it easy. They made the entire planning process seamless and even enjoyable. Wedding planning can be truly stressful, but when you pick a... Read More team like the one at The Room on Main, you are choosing people who get things done and make your life easier. What else can I say? The food from CN Catering was amazing, the drinks were great, and the space itself looked beautiful on the day of. I am still getting so many compliments on the venue!

2017-02-06T11:07:50 Response from the vendor

We appreciate your kind words! Nothing makes us happier than to hear you had an amazing wedding & that the planning process was easy for you. You chose an awesome menu & we are glad that guests are still raving!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016

The Room on Main, beautiful space. Mallory, the wedding coordinator, wonderful. Lance, the owner and David of CN Catering were the absolute worst people in the industry. Lance is extremely abrasive, yelled at both my mother and I. We were trying to meet after Christmas to give... Read More him our signed contract however he does not recognize that as a Holiday. He told us both in a very rude way that he has lots of other people he can rent to day and in and out and we are just one less for him to deal with. My advice ladies, stay away from that monster and make your wedding planning experience the best it can be.

2016-12-22T18:17:07 Response from the vendor

The Room on Main & CN Catering are both established businesses in the Dallas/Ft. Worth event community, and we are proud of our long track record of successful events, and many happy clients over the years who have been kind enough to leave us positive... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Rayna C

For brides and grooms looking for a venue with integrity, service, partnership and professionalism, the Room on Main is not for you. While the location is beautiful and the food was tasty, it's not worth it. On the night of event I arrived to a room filled with toxic fumes.... Read More The event crew failed to alert me that the wooden floors had been treated and that there would be a horrible chemical odor at my event. Some of my guests left early because of the fumes and I was mortified and embarrassed. A week after my event I hadn't heard from the ROM event team, no one called or emailed to check in and importantly, no one apologized for the odor and for not telling me. Rather I was told that the event team took a consensus vote and decided it was okay to have the fumes at my $25K+ reception. No financial restitution was made. Simply, I was told that I would get a survey in the mail a week or so after the event and could provide my feedback there. During the planning process with the ROM team, my wedding planner and I noticed on 2 occasions that items that we had not asked for or discussed would appear on our bill. Again, no apology and if we had not asked about it, I'm sure we would have been charged. Lastly, our meetings with the event planning team were at best indifferent. At the first private meeting, the event manager was late (did not apologize) and was rude. ABORT, ABORT this venue.

2016-12-10T14:40:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for hosting your event at The Room on Main! We appreciate any feedback, and we are always trying to improve our services. We are sorry to hear you were less than completely satisfied with your experience, as that is always our number one... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Todd H

We absolutely fell in love with the Room on Main the second we walked in. The staff could not have been more helpful throughout the ENTIRE process. Any questions were answered almost immediately. The catering was delicious. All of our guests are still talking about how... Read More beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was. 5 stars isn't enough. Could not recommend this venue more!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ashley D

One of the best venues in Dallas. Glad we were able to have our wedding here!