The Room on Main

Dallas, TX

Book Your Wedding with The Room on Main

A BALLROOM IN DALLAS, TX

Couples looking for a space filled with refined elegance need to look no further than The Room on Main. The Room on Main is a beautifully restored historic ballroom on the sixth floor of the Dallas Arts Center in Dallas, Texas. The spacious room can accommodate up to 320 guests and is an ideal venue for couples looking to host their wedding in comfortable, elegant surrounds. Natural, polished wood floors, antique chandeliers, impressive elevated ceilings and walls lined with windows create a spectacular space for their wedding. Sip champagne by the unique bar and admire its special features including the matchstick marble mosaic and granite bar top. With such ample space in the venue, couples will have the convenience of hosting both their ceremony and reception in one location. The Room on Main also offers couples the option of hosting their ceremony on the manicured lawn behind the Arts Center, for couples preferring an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. Whether couples prefer, indoor or outdoor, intimate or large, The Room on Main will be able to accommodate their every wish.

Couples will appreciate the versatility of the space and the variety of ways that the ballroom can be personalized. The amount of natural light from the window-lined walls makes this a great daytime or evening ceremony or reception location. A soft, neutral color palette and champagne drapes are welcoming additions to just about any color scheme couples choose. The dramatically high ceilings of the ballroom are inviting for tall floral arrangements and candlelit lighting and small, elegant touches like wood lines along the dance floor will be sure to impress guests. Tables and Chiavari chairs are included in the wedding package and can be personalized with bows in the wedding colors.

The Room on Main also has a relaxing bridal suite available for use by the bride and her bridal party pre-ceremony. The bridal parlor includes everything the bride will need before greeting her guests. Full-length mirrors, soft lighting and a bathroom with all the amenities awaits. A groom’s room is also available for use during this special day. Grooms will especially appreciate the flat screen television and mini-fridge.

Early set-up times are available but events must end at 2 a.m. Six hours of time are included in all events, excluding the set-up and cleanup time. Extended hours can be arranged for an additional fee. The ceremony fee is not included in the cost of the venue rental. The venue does not provide food or alcohol but can offer a list of local vendors to assist you. Amplified music is allowed both indoors and outdoors. No rice, birdseed, confetti or inorganic material is allowed.

Additional perks include:

• Conveniently located near the Dart and Light Rail system
  • Several hotels are within easy walking distance to the venue
  • Free wedding planning guide
  • Photo booth rental
  • Unique furniture and props to rent
  • Pin spotting and uplighting
  • Audio Visual rental

The Beautifully Restored Historic Ballroom

*Dallas’ premier wedding venue for ceremonies and/or receptions. *Large open ballroom with huge windows. *Neutral color palette and champagne drapes. *Dramatic 30-foot coffered ceiling accented with antique chandeliers. *Lovely hardwood floors for dancing.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

2030 Main Street, Dallas, TX (214) 742-1526

You Helped Give My Daughter Her Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 6/14/2013 Todd F

Gentlemen --- I tip my hat for a job very well done. You delivered on all that we contracted for BUT, you more than exceeded my expectations. Your team went above and beyond and you were operating on all cylinders. Nothing was missed. As you are by now aware -- I like... Read More to check and check and triple check and am always nervous about execution. BUT, your execution was flawless and you permitted me to enjoy the evening of my daughters' wedding. Actually, I have never enjoyed an event so much because I am usually having to FIX the problems. We are so happy that we chose the ROOM ON MAIN. The venue is amazing but your delivery of services was spectacular. In all the events I have ever hosted - RARELY has the food tasted as it was presented at the tasting. It is easy to prepare for a tasting of five but, serving 130 can be a different story. YET - you said the food would be wonderful and it was -- hot, flavorful and bountiful. The event was magnificent from the minute we walked in on Sunday to the hours later when we left. You helped deliver a magical night for my daughter and all I can say is Thank you. Todd Fitzerman - Father of the Bride and Planner of the Wedding

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Elaine S

Have you ever made a wish and it come true beyond your wildest dreams? Well, that’s exactly what happened when we had our wedding ceremony and reception at the remarkable Room on Main. I will tell you right now, you simply must go there to see it … to believe it! It is the... Read More most magnificent 5,000 sq. ft. ball room you will ever see with those 30 ft. tall ceilings, 20 ft. tall neutral-draped windows engulfing 3 walls, and vintage chandeliers throughout the gorgeous ceiling. There’s really not much else you have to do to make the room look superb, but our florist made it look uniquely like our own ballroom. Pamela and Jessica from the Room on Main and certainly, David, with CN Catering went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect! The planning was so simple (with them being the pros that they are) and it made my planning a piece of cake, which is quite the exception with me being the perfectionist that I am. As the day approached, I kept expecting to get nervous about the arrangements. However, I just knew it was going to come off without a hitch from having worked with them for those months in advance. On the day of the wedding, I simply focused on us, cast my worries to the wind, and Viola! … It was a Wedding Day Made in Heaven!! Everything was prepared and provided promptly as promised! The tables were perfectly arranged. The food tasted superb and loved by all, (with many people going back for seconds)! The attendants were spot-on with their service and the evening was sheer perfection! Should you follow in our footsteps, you will never regret it … for it will be as if you followed in Cinderella’s glass slippers. Just check it out … you’ll see! It was magical!

2016-04-15T15:21:41 Response from the vendor

Woah! We are blown away by this incredible review, Elaine! Your whole wedding was perfection and we were honored to be a part of you & Dena's special day. Having wonderful clients like you remind us of why we love this business so much. We... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Lisa D

The venue and staff are absolutely amazing and provide 5 Star service that some hotels could take a page from. We absolutely love working with David, his staff of All Stars and the venue. The venue is absolutely gorgeous! Easy access and ability to work with The Room on Main... Read More is by far a blessing to our industry!

2015-10-14T11:16:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Partnering with wonderful vendors like yourself make our job very easy. We are looking forward to working with you on many more weddings - you rock!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Julie C

It's hard to say enough good things about The Room on Main. The staff is great and very easy to work with. The room itself is so beautiful and unique with the hardwood floors, chandeliers and amazing tall windows. CN Catering, the dedicated caterer, was amazing and the food was... Read More delicious. The servers and bartenders at our event were so helpful and professional. Everything ran so smoothly. We had 175 guests and that left plenty of room for a large dance floor and plenty of room in between tables. Thanks to the Room on Main staff for an evening we will never forget!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Jessica O

A beautiful space! My husband and I got had our reception here in March. The space is stunning and the staff is wonderful. We were able to bring in furniture for a customized reception. The team was flexible, supportive, and helped us create our dream wedding reception.

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 ELIA F

We couldn't have asked for a better venue! The Room is amazing with the tall ceilings, lighting, and views from the windows.... really breathtaking! The staff was just as amazing! It's a great set up for a party! We absolutely loved it and so did our guests!!!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Karina B

A night I will never forget. My true fairy tale! Thanks to everyone who made it happen. I have been getting so many compliments on the venue, the food and the service. I would highly recommend the Room on Main and CN catering to anyone looking for a venue. So many of my guests... Read More were ranting on how good the food was and how they are not used to wedding food normally being that good. This was just a perfect evening and I could have not asked for better!!!

2017-02-06T10:51:39 Response from the vendor

We are so so glad your night was a fairy tale! You were a beautiful bride and a blast to work with. Thank you for letting us help you with your dream wedding & we wish you many years of happiness!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Rachel M

I cannot say enough nice things about The Room on Main. When I wanted to do something unique or special, they were so accommodating and made it easy. They made the entire planning process seamless and even enjoyable. Wedding planning can be truly stressful, but when you pick a... Read More team like the one at The Room on Main, you are choosing people who get things done and make your life easier. What else can I say? The food from CN Catering was amazing, the drinks were great, and the space itself looked beautiful on the day of. I am still getting so many compliments on the venue!

2017-02-06T11:07:50 Response from the vendor

We appreciate your kind words! Nothing makes us happier than to hear you had an amazing wedding & that the planning process was easy for you. You chose an awesome menu & we are glad that guests are still raving!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016

The Room on Main, beautiful space. Mallory, the wedding coordinator, wonderful. Lance, the owner and David of CN Catering were the absolute worst people in the industry. Lance is extremely abrasive, yelled at both my mother and I. We were trying to meet after Christmas to give... Read More him our signed contract however he does not recognize that as a Holiday. He told us both in a very rude way that he has lots of other people he can rent to day and in and out and we are just one less for him to deal with. My advice ladies, stay away from that monster and make your wedding planning experience the best it can be.

2016-12-22T18:17:07 Response from the vendor

The Room on Main & CN Catering are both established businesses in the Dallas/Ft. Worth event community, and we are proud of our long track record of successful events, and many happy clients over the years who have been kind enough to leave us positive... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Rayna C

For brides and grooms looking for a venue with integrity, service, partnership and professionalism, the Room on Main is not for you. While the location is beautiful and the food was tasty, it's not worth it. On the night of event I arrived to a room filled with toxic fumes.... Read More The event crew failed to alert me that the wooden floors had been treated and that there would be a horrible chemical odor at my event. Some of my guests left early because of the fumes and I was mortified and embarrassed. A week after my event I hadn't heard from the ROM event team, no one called or emailed to check in and importantly, no one apologized for the odor and for not telling me. Rather I was told that the event team took a consensus vote and decided it was okay to have the fumes at my $25K+ reception. No financial restitution was made. Simply, I was told that I would get a survey in the mail a week or so after the event and could provide my feedback there. During the planning process with the ROM team, my wedding planner and I noticed on 2 occasions that items that we had not asked for or discussed would appear on our bill. Again, no apology and if we had not asked about it, I'm sure we would have been charged. Lastly, our meetings with the event planning team were at best indifferent. At the first private meeting, the event manager was late (did not apologize) and was rude. ABORT, ABORT this venue.

2016-12-10T14:40:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for hosting your event at The Room on Main! We appreciate any feedback, and we are always trying to improve our services. We are sorry to hear you were less than completely satisfied with your experience, as that is always our number one... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Todd H

We absolutely fell in love with the Room on Main the second we walked in. The staff could not have been more helpful throughout the ENTIRE process. Any questions were answered almost immediately. The catering was delicious. All of our guests are still talking about how... Read More beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was. 5 stars isn't enough. Could not recommend this venue more!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ashley D

One of the best venues in Dallas. Glad we were able to have our wedding here!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kylie W

The Room on Main was by far one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. The team was so easy to work with, extremely fast to respond and very accommodating. The room is absolutely perfect with the large, open space, hardwood floors and tall ceilings.... Read More They take care of everything for you; lights, stage, linen, catering, tables, photo booth, staff, etc. and make it so easy to customize. They are willing to work with your budget and have so many options to make it an affordable, yet elegant wedding. I LOVE the Room on Main!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Neeti P

What a stunning space! The Room on Main is a fantastic location and truly a beautiful space. It is well maintained and has the perfect ambiance for a Downtown Dallas wedding! The team at The Room is easy to contact and work with. They help made sure our day went smoothly and... Read More that everything was good to go. I would definitely recommend The Room on Main to any future brides who want a timeless venue with a great staff!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Neeti P

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Sean Elise N

Great venue space! The food was delicious and the view was awesome! They made the day so easy! If you want a true downtown Dallas wedding this view can't be beat!

2016-09-07T08:27:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure getting to be a part of your day! The use of the ornate vases for centerpieces, truly made The Room a showstopper! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Sydney J

I can't even put into words how happy we were with The Room on Main and CN catering! This venue truly was even better than what I had always imagined. Jessica, David, and Kylie were incredible to work with, very quick responders, and made wedding planning go so smoothly! The... Read More ROM is absolutely beautiful with the high ceilings, large windows with beautiful long drapes, and an amazing view of downtown Dallas. We got so many compliments on the food as well! There are so many options to customize the menu to exactly how you want it and was all absolutely delicious! I highly suggest the Room on Main to every engaged couple looking for the perfect wedding venue! You will not be disappointed!

2016-08-16T13:28:52 Response from the vendor

We had such an amazing time helping you put together your dream wedding! Congratulations again from all of us!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 lauren r

Zero regrets in our decision to have both our ceremony and reception at the Room on Main. The space itself is beautiful on its own– there isn't much else you have to do to it. But with our table decorations and flowers we made it feel like us. Everyone we worked with at ROM was... Read More amazing and so helpful. They took away so much stress we could have encountered by always being a step ahead and having the answers when we had any questions. Because they make you feel so comfortable about everything, we were able to enjoy the day of the wedding and just focus on us–no extra stress involved on our end. The food from CN catering was unreal and everyone raved about how great all of it was to us. The attendants were great and their service was quick and efficient. This day was truly magical and so much fun!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Kym W

The Room on Main is an absolutely gorgeous historic venue! The staff was efficient, helpful and friendly. CN Catering performed beautifully with the buffet dinner and gorgeous cheese display for cocktail hour! We couldn't have asked for a better place to host our daughter's... Read More wedding.

2016-05-26T10:33:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We are honored to be a part of your daughters magical day. So happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with both The Room on Main and CN Catering :-)

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Cari H

Our wedding was stunning! The room is gorgeous. It created such an elegant and timeless atmosphere for our perfect day. And the food was delicious!!! We were shocked...most wedding food is just not that good (it's hard to effectively cook for that many ppl)--but they nailed it.... Read More Everyone kept telling us how good the food was--my parents are big foodies and they were even impressed. We went with the filet option and sea bass. The fried cheese balls for appetizers for the bomb! People still talk about them, and the cheese display was gorgeous. The staff catered to my every need the day of the event. At one point, one staff member noticed that I'd started glistening from dancing and immediately asked if they could turn down the air for me. They sent us home with the cutest "goodie bag" of late night snacks and made sure we got everything we came with/needed. The planning process with RoM was...ok. The coordinator who handles most of the communication and in-person meetings, has no real authority--so if you ask for anything that is not "standard", she'll immediately say "no". If you press her, she'll say that she needs to ask David and then you'll most likely get a "yes, that's fine"--so don't give up, if you really want something a certain way, just be insistent. I also felt that she didn't provide great council...so if you asked her well "whats the best way to do 'this'" it took a bit of digging before she'd provide advice based on past events. That aside...they created the most beautiful day for us and it really was a wonderful experience on the day of.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

The Room on Main, and CN catering made my daughter's dream wedding come true. The venue itself is beautiful, and the staff both professional and organized. They know how to get it done.

2016-03-23T16:39:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! And thank you for allowing us to be a part of your family's special day. We love hearing this!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

The Room On Main is an excellent venue for a wedding reception. The staff is professional, friendly and accommodating. CN Catering prepared delicious, well presented food. Passed hors d'oeuvres give any event a classy feel. The venue is elegant by itself but with the... Read More addition of linens and lighting from their select vendors, the room was cozy and warm. David, as the general manager, is excellent with details to provide clients with a worry free event!

2016-03-17T09:05:23 Response from the vendor

Wow - thank you! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience.

Reviewed on 12/16/2015

Absolutely no regrets in our decision to use The Room on Main for my daughter's wedding. The Bride's love of wooden floors, tall windows overlooking the city, and chandeliers made the choice of The Room on Main as the wedding/reception venue an obvious choice. Once that decision... Read More was nailed down, it was on to a caterer. We first met with one person in the initial looking over and signing of the contract. Later, another person was in that position, but the transition was flawless. Nothing was missed in our specific requests. When selecting The Room on Main, the catering service of CN Catering was required for all food and linens. Also the use of LeForce Entertainment (reveiwed separately) as lighting is also mandatory. For us, those two selections made things easier. Although CN Catering and The Room on Main are separate companies, David is able to talk with you in answering questions which pertain to both areas. That is quite helpful. Please do not be concerned that you are required to use CN Catering. David makes himself available to answer questions and put you at ease. And the food, both in taste and presentation is outstanding! Our guests are still talking about the meal and service they received! Every comment has been extremely favorable. One of my dearest friends summed the evening as 'elegant and personal'. What more could you want! You will have selections on linens to meet your price range as well as choices in foods to meet your budget. We have nothing but wonderful things to say about David, The Room on Main, and CN Catering. Thank you for helping to make my daughter's wedding the wedding of her dreams.

2016-05-26T10:37:19 Response from the vendor

Wow- what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your daughters special day! We truly appreciate all your kind words.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Stephanie Q

As much work that goes into planning the perfect wedding, I'd do it over and over again if it meant reliving my reception night at the room on main! I knew when I first took the tour with Jessica that I HAD to have this venue. The windows honestly do draw such dramatic beauty to... Read More the entire floor -- you have to see it in person. Everything went perfectly from the lighting, to the linens, to the live band, and especially the food! CN did not fail to satisfy each and every one of my guests. I can't say thank you enough too everyone who made it a night I'll never forget! -Nicole Q

2015-12-07T12:46:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nicole! We are glad you loved The Room as much as we do. It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day and are humbled that you chose us. :)

The best venue!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Fernanda G

The Room on Main made my wedding so easy and enjoyable, their staff is on point and always ready to help you at any time.One of the things I loved from them is how accessible they are. You will always get all your questions answered and they always return your calls. CN Catering... Read More is their in house caterer and I have to say that their food is amazing. The day of my wedding everything ran smoothly thanks to their great and friendly staff. This venue makes you and your guest feel special, they have a great eye for detail. The Room on Main provides excellent and amazing service. Love these guys!!! Thank you for an amazing day.

2015-12-07T12:45:03 Response from the vendor

Your compliments mean so much to us! Having clients like you make our job so much easier, so thank you. Wishing you and Matthew many years of love and happiness!