Offering unique and affordable event space rental

Ever think of hosting your special day or business gathering in the middle of an artist market? We carved out 4,000q ft of our marketplace to create an event room unlike anything in the area. Dance, Eat, Drink, & Play in a creative atmosphere at the historic corner of Nine Mile and Woodward.

Bar + Drinks, Rentals + Equipment

22801 Woodward Ave., Ferndale, MI (248) 990-5511
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Lizzy P

We are SO happy we chose The Rust Belt Market as the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! This event space and the people that own and run it were a perfect match for our own sensibilities - classy but still down-to-earth, fun and laid-back but still very professional.... Read More Christina (event manager), Chris and Tiffany (owners), Steve (table/chair rental) and our bartenders were all fantastic and very easy to work with. We really appreciated that the space is kind of pre-decorated and offers a lot of built-in amenities (like the bars, stage, A/V, lighting), but has so much more personality than a banquet hall. Our caterer and DJ were also recommendations from the Rust Belt and they were both complete home runs that totally complemented the whole vibe of the venue! If you're like us and want something different than a banquet hall experience, but also aren't interested in DIY-ing every single thing, the Rust Belt Market can't be beat!

2017-06-11T10:57:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks again Ken and Lizzy! It was a pleasure working with you guys and your special day was gorgeous!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Adam W

Beautiful, unique, and absolutely amazing venue. I fell in love with the place after first visit and knew it was where I wanted my wedding. Everyone at the venue was a huge help and I couldn’t of been happier with how my wedding turned out. Thank you Rust Belt Market!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Sarah S

Everything at The Rust Belt was 100% perfect. All of our guests were so pleased to be in such a unique, beautiful space. My experience with this venue was amazing, all my questions were answered, and I was able to make my wedding reception everything I wanted it to be. I have... Read More nothing but great memories (and photos) of our reception!

Reviewed on 4/15/2018 Dawn S

We had the most amazing experience working with Rust Belt Market. Christina was very responsive to any questions. The list of preferred vendors made planning easy. Our guest had a great time and the venue results in so many cool pictures and moments. I highly recommend the Rust... Read More Belt Market.

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Codi K

WE LOVE THE RUST BELT!!!! Our guests were absolutely wowed with the space- it is SO UNIQUE. We love the staff, they were available when we needed them, super knowledgeable and FUN to work with! The whole process was so simple, so laid back, and that was really important to us. I... Read More am not very good at decorating a space- so the fact that we did not have to do anything at all to make the space look incredible was a huge bonus for us. I really cannot say enough good things about our experience from beginning to end!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Meredith B

We hosted our company holiday party at the Rust Belt in December. It was an awesome experience! Our guests loved the venue and enjoyed being able to use the Rusty Bucks to shop. Christina did a fantastic job helping us plan our event. She was extremely patient with us and all of... Read More our questions and requests. All of the staff were excellent. Many of our employees have asked me if we can have more events there in the future. We will definitely consider it! Highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an affordable, fun space for their party. My only regret is forgetting my camera at home and not being able to get more photos.

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Aubrey V

Although our reception was absolutely beautiful, I would NOT recommend them due to some of their staff. Their wedding coordinator shows little to no compassion for a stressed out bride. They don’t bend on any rules (wouldn’t let us get into the space even 15 minutes early... Read More without charging us, wouldn’t let us use the empty closet or the empty fridge to store a few things for the people helping us setup without charging us, etc). They never seemed to checked on us unless they needed payment and if we would email them questions we felt like we were bothering her. Also, the owner promised us something, admitted he promised us something, and still did not deliver on his promise because he didn’t want to upset his wife. I still can’t believe it. In addition, they make you provide your own water. Your guest cannot go to the bar and ask for a water, you have to provide your own water stations or bottles, it’s a hassle and cost you even more money. Lastly, you have to do a deep clean in the space before you leave or you’ll get charged. Oh yeah, and the bartenders traded our Cupcakes that we were saving in the back for pizza from our food truck #NotCool Aside from this they were really great and our guest enjoyed them. I could keep going on them but this post is already long enough, lol. 🙂

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Kayla M

Our review of The Rust Belt Market is mixed. Based on the location of the venue itself, the beauty of the decor, the unique vibe that we were looking for, and the overall feel and aesthetic of the event space / market space, my husband and I are BEYOND happy. The Rust Belt... Read More Market fit our style and our desires perfectly, and we got so many compliments on what a great place it is. Based on just The Rust Belt Market, this review would be 5/5 stars! Unfortunately, the staff, and particularly the event manager, left MUCH to be desired. The event manager we dealt with was WONDERFUL when we went to first check out RBM, but as soon as we booked, she became non-existent. Her emails were curt and confusing, and often implied that we should not have emailed her with any questions in the first place, since answers could all be found in the waivers (of which there are many, that are hard to find, and are vague). She never once called to check in, or ask even ask how she could help to make our day better. Even on our day itself, she didn't check in with me once, congratulate me and my fiance, or make any attempt, to quite simply, be nice. It's a beautiful location, and it was the best venue for us and our wedding, but if you're going to book here, be prepared to feel very unimportant and bothersome to the staff.

2017-11-30T11:58:09 Response from the vendor

Hey Kayla, Thanks for leaving us a review, we appreciate any and all feedback regarding our events as we take our client relationships very seriously. First, we are so glad to hear you and your guests enjoyed the location since every detail of the space... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Kelley M

We can't say anything but GREAT THINGS!! They were awesome to work with. Before we booked, they let us come in and look around. We had to change somethings and they did it without a hassle. Any questions I had, they were fast to respond. The night of our wedding they were there... Read More and helped get thing set for us to come in. We have had more complaints on how unquie and different our venue was. The Revel Bar that is in the venue was AMAZING!! The selection of beer and drinks was great. We are so happy that we decided to have our reception here!! Thank you for making our wedding so memorable!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Sean N

I had booked our company's 30th Anniversary party at the Rust Belt and everyone was amazed at how eclectic and hip the venue was. The staff were all amazing and very quick with any and all services. Such a great experience all around. Would recommend the venue for parties and... Read More weddings!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Matt W

Could not be happier! The Rust Belt was easy to work with the entire way, even offering suggestions when I forgot to consider things. It was cheap and easy for a DIY wedding, and what you get with the room is well worth the price. We added very little to the room and it looked... Read More gorgeous. Our guests were treated to very strong drinks and a terrarium with poison dart frogs! The red couch is a photo booth locale with some class and character, and I think we truly gave our guests a wedding they won't forget. We really couldn't have had a better night, and a lot of that is owed to the venue itself.

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 MJ A

The Rust Belt was an eclectic, fun and impressive venue. My husband and I had a blast and received many compliments on how cool the space was and perfect it suited our personality. Planning the wedding was smooth with quick responses from the coordinator and her willingness to... Read More meet when the market was closed so my caterer could see what she had working with. The only hiccup is miscommunication between the coordinator and bartender regarding our paid extra hour of time. Unfortunately we lost out time and money because of this; however, it didn’t hinder our overall experience. I highly suggest this space, with the disclaimer to have your contract details handy the night-of, just in case!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Nicole W

The event space is beautiful, the bartenders provided great service. The owners and event manager are inexperienced and no one checked in with us the days/week prior to our wedding (including not returning messages we had with questions regarding our wedding day), no one checked... Read More in with us the day of our wedding, or even after to see how it went. Complete lack of customer service overall. You're forced to rent tables and chairs from the owner's father who isn't local, isn't helpful or flexible and is rather rude. Luckily it is a pretty and cool space otherwise not worth all the money!

2016-11-07T11:26:25 Response from the vendor

Hey Nicole, Thanks for leaving us a review, every client's input helps us better our services for others. We always have on site staff during set up and event day who are readily available for our clients. While reviewing your correspondence, I see that all... Read Less Read More

Rust Belt is a Quirky Fun Place for a Reception!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Andrea B

Tiffany and Chris Best are incredibly accommodating, approachable, and easy to work with! We booked with the Rust Belt and were happy to have found a venue that allows us to choose nearly all of our own vendors (tables/linens need to go through their vendor, all else are open),... Read More with a unique atmosphere! The Rust Belt doesn't provide setup/teardown - this is a DYI situation (unless you hire people to do that) - which was perfect for us! It even worked out that we could come in on Friday to set up instead of Saturday morning, which was super helpful. The weather on the day of our outdoor ceremony didn't just provide rain, but flooding - we had to quickly replan our ceremony for indoors - Chris helped us facilitate the new timing and talking with our vendors. We rented out the bar area with small prep kitchen as well as the venue space, so our total was a little more than the flat rate. Our guests loved having cocktail hour to mingle with the artists, and having a unique venue to enjoy after hours. We loved it, too. I highly recommend if you're looking for a place that will allow you to plan your event your way. It's non-traditional, and that's why it was so perfect for us!

2015-10-20T12:24:35 Response from the vendor

Thank You! We love that all of our receptions have a different and unique personality!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Natalie M

The Rust Belt was amazing!!! The owners were so wonderful and all of the staff were really accomodating! The reception space was absolutely beautiful!!! I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for event space!

2015-10-20T12:21:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much Natalie and Mike!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Sarah D

We have nothing but good things to say about the Rust Belt Market as a venue. During the booking process, Julie was very helpful and responsive. The staff was incredibly helpful and stepped in when we had a few unexpected developments during the reception We were not able to... Read More set up our reception until the morning of the wedding due to another event the day prior, however, when we arrived the tables and chairs were already available. Chris was there to open the doors for us and was available to provide us with a ladder, etc. that we needed to borrow. During the reception, Hartley made himself available to ensure we had everything required, and assisted with our requests as needed. Two thumbs up for Hartley as a staff member. If you are looking for a reception venue that you can make your own, this is it. I have an artistic side and really wanted to be able to provide my own decor, catering, photography etc. The Rust Belt was very open to this, and allowed us to bring our own personality to the space. We had rave reviews from all of our guests regarding the market, venue area, and staff. 5 stars to the Rust Belt! Thank you!

2015-10-20T12:26:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah!! Your decorations were so creative and beautiful!

Great Space

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Ashley W

The Rust Belt's center event space is an great multifunctional open space perfect for wedding ceremonies and receptions. It has a built in charm and DIY feel that will compliment any wedding style. Rental of this space is still in its infancy, but as time progresses, I can... Read More only imagine the space and the Rust Belt's services to improve and excel. It was an honor to use their space.

2015-10-20T12:27:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much. We are constantly trying to improve our space!