Wedding Planning. Made Simple.

YOU can afford a wedding planner!!! The Simply Elegant Group is an award-winning, information-based wedding planning company. We will exceed your expectations and SAVE YOU MONEY! With our exclusive vendor relationships, we guarantee just that!

$ – Inexpensive

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Chicago, IL (763) 350-3832

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Caitlin M

One of the best pieces of advice I received throughout our wedding planning process was to hire a Day-of Wedding Coordinator. Being a pretty decisive and organized person, I didn't need much help with planning our wedding (May 21, 2016), but as the big day approached there were... Read More SO many overwhelming details that I have never been so grateful for the decision to hire The Simply Elegant Group (Chicago location). I had the pleasure of working with Lindsay Mackey. From our initial meeting, it was clear she knew what she was doing - she was so friendly and knowledgable. About a month before our wedding (right when the craziness started setting in) she became very involved and helpful. We had a couple meetings (in person and phone) and she was super flexible to work around my schedule. We talked through all the details. Some very important things that I wouldn't have never thought of or remembered. The timeline and documents we created together left no detail untouched and was a great reference tool for myself and my vendors. On the wedding day, Lindsay and her assistants did so much behind the scenes work; answering calls, working with the vendors, directing guests, picking up and dropping off various items, setting up personal items for the ceremony and reception, and dealing with any mishaps that may have occurred (which I would have no clue if anything did go wrong!). Our wedding day went SO perfectly and smoothly. My husband, myself, and our parents truly enjoyed the day without a single worry or interruption, and I have Simply Elegant to thank for that! Do not plan your wedding without them!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Alida M

We hired Simply Elegant because we had a tight budget to stick to, crazy work schedules, and a very grand vision of what we wanted to do. Elisa helped us reign in all our logistics and plan out every operational detail, in addition to handling all of those details with her... Read More assistant on the day of the wedding. She also helped us create a truly beautiful day that looked so expensive; I know every bride says this, but honestly, we were able to get James Beard award-winning food in a venue that's one numerous architectural awards with custom-made book-themed statement pieces and table runners made out of flowers within our very reasonable and limited budget. This was because Simply Elegant was willing to work with us on getting creative with our vendors and our ideas, as well as helping us find vendors that would cut us crucial deals. I recommend Simply Elegant, and especially, I recommend Elisa!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

When I found out I had a two hour load in at my wedding venue I knew I needed to search for help in pulling everything off as I couldn't be two places as once. I interviewed three different wedding planners before meeting Ashely and after our first meeting I knew she was the... Read More one for me. Her passion for what she does, knowledge and willingness to help in anyway she could gave me the confidence in entrusting her with pulling off the BIG day!! Ashely was a great resource leading up to the wedding and answered every single email almost immediately. We had a few meetings before the wedding and once the day came I had no worries that Ashely would take care of everything and if any crisis or mishap occurred she would take care of it and I wouldn't be the wiser. She was absolutely amazing to work with and incredibly organized and pulled everything off while I got to enjoy my day.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Jessica F

Although I planned my wedding, I knew I needed a day-of coordinator to help relieve last minute stress. Thank goodness for Gina! She was so organized, patient, and constantly checked in to make sure my husband and I weren't stressed. She kept the day flowing smoothly and... Read More handled any and all hiccups with ease. I highly recommend this company and, specifically, Gina!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Catherine N

The BEST/SMARTEST choice I made during wedding planning was choosing SEG. Your wedding day is only one day, and it goes by SO fast. Savor not just the one day, but all the days leading up to it. For me, the planning and months leading up to the wedding were just as enjoyable as... Read More the wedding itself. And, for that, I have to credit Elisa. Planning with Elisa was amazing, to say the least. She was so professional, so organized and so knowledgeable. More importantly, though, she was kind, supportive and an excellent communicator. Working with her felt like working with a best friend. She truly cared about making the whole process enjoyable for me and always took on the nitty gritty stuff, so that I could do all the fun things. As organized as I am, I could not of done any of this without her. She made everything run so smoothly. We got married on July 15, and my dad and in-laws are still receiving calls from our guests gushing about how our wedding was the best wedding they have ever attended. For that, I cannot thank Elisa enough. Elisa is a truly amazing and special person, and anyone who gets her as a planner is extremely lucky and will have a most certainly beautiful wedding.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Sabreena G

We hired Elisa from The Simply Elegant group for day of coordination and received so much more. She made vendor recommendations from several months out and set up several meetings throughout the last 2 months to review our detailed wedding day timeline and ensure that everything... Read More was else was taken care of (guest list, ceremony order, reception items, vendor payments, etc). On the day of the wedding, we felt completely comfortable and enjoyed the experience of actually being there because everything had either already been planned or was being taken care of behind the scenes without any effort at all from us or our parents.So thankful to have Simply Elegant give us the peace of mind we needed to have our perfect day!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sandeep M

My bride and I don't think our wedding could have happened without Ashley at the Simply Elegant Group. We had a fusion Indian-Western wedding of 200 people, and Ashley was able to facilitate both cultures (and both sets of parents). Every time we met with her, she left us... Read More confident that everything would go smoothly on the big day, and it did. We were initially hesitant to book a wedding planner (cost) but she was worth her weight in gold. We highly recommend Ashley for peace of mind and to ensure that your event goes according to plan. Plus, she's pretty awesome.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Courtney M

We hired Lindsay the week of and WOW are we glad we did. I'm not sure what I was thinking not having a day of coordinator. I thought I could do it all then as I met with the manager of my venue and had final meetings with vendors I quickly realized I did not want to be the go to... Read More person. I also did not want any of my family members to be that person because I wanted them to enjoy the day as well. From the second Lindsay came into the picture I felt relaxed and way more comfortable with how the flow of the day would go. She is professional, honest, funny, high energy and everything else you'd want in the person there to make your day perfect. She instantly had a vision for my day and made it better than I could have ever pictured. Do yourself a favor and hire Lindsay. This is the best decision we made for our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Tara P

I spent time reaching out to Lindsay M. Mackey, "Expert Planner" from The Simply Elegant Group - I put expert planner in quotes because anyone who is even a decent planner would not confirm they had a coordinator available for your date (this is after she mixed up the dates in... Read More her initial outreach and I had to correct her) and then claim they do not have someone available after all. This is after I wasted my time scheduling a call and going through all the details of our wedding, then waiting a week without receiving any of the information requested. When I finally reached back out to her to follow-up (which is her job) she stated that she was waiting for confirmation of someone's availability and they were not available after all. Little pro tip- don't waste someone's time 3 months before their wedding.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Brandy R

This review is SO overdue and I feel even worse about it because what reminded me to actually DO it was our amazing coordinator Lindsay just emailed us to check in on married life. We love you Lindsay! (In our defense we did move half way across the country 48 hours after... Read More getting married) There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said except that Lindsay was a dream to work with. She is SO organized, had amazing advice and tools to keep everyone organized, worked with our caterer to finalize every last detail and called all of our vendors to confirm the week of. I got to do exactly what I wanted to the day of...Be Present and enjoy every moment. I can't imagine not having her there that day. Thank you SEG and Lindsay!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kate C

I live in Kansas City yet decided to have my wedding in Chicago, where I grew up. I was worried about planning a wedding from out-of-town, especially since Chicago has such a huge wedding industry. I looked into hiring a planner, but I couldn't make a full wedding planner work... Read More with my budget. I was so lucky to find Elisa at Simply Elegant, who was able to provide me the help I needed. For a fee, she provided me a list of venues that could work with my budget and a list of her top 3-5 vendors in several areas, based on both my budget and what she knew about my vision for my wedding. I booked the venue she recommended and several of the vendors she recommended and could not be happier with how my wedding turned out. I had a wonderful time and planning wasn't too stressful --- I give a lot of that credit to Elisa. She's so knowledgeable about the wedding industry in Chicago, and I am so happy I could benefit from her knowledge. I'd highly recommend her services to any bride that wants a little extra help picking the best professionals for their wedding.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Vanessa V

My day-of-coordinator (Elisa) was hands down the best investment I made for my wedding weekend. I was married at The Drake Hotel two weeks ago (5/7/2017) with over 250 guests in attendance. She was fantastic from start to finish and was incredibly attentive, helpful, organized,... Read More and meticulous. Elisa made me feel comfortable with every step of the process, and I cannot begin to explain how incredible she was as we planned our wedding from afar. The Simply Elegant Group was absolutely wonderful, and her added assistance on the day-of were just as helpful as she had been the entire step of the way. I highly recommend The Simply Elegant Group, especially Elisa, as she just an absolute pleasure to work with and she kept my entire day running smoothly, even when our bridal party encountered a few hiccups. She kept me calm, cool, and collected, and I was confident that she would execute everything as if it were me behind the scenes. Thank you so much, Elisa!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Jackie K

My daughter was married last weekend and we were lucky to have Ashley as our day of coordinator. She was SO much more than that! Ashley took care of so many behind the scenes phone calls, follow ups, vendor confirmations and plans leading up to the big day. She truly made it... Read More stress free for our family. My daughter was able to travel for work the week before the wedding because Ashley made everything worry free! She was absolutely AMAZING at the rehearsal and especially on the wedding day. It was pouring rain but Ashley even made that okay by having a plan B in place for transportation and photos. I had the time of my life at my daughter's wedding and that is because Ashley took care of everything. You will be incredibly happy if you hire Simply Elegant Group to help with your wedding. I know I will be calling Ashley for the rest of our family weddings!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Keira F

SEG and our specific wedding planner, Lindsay, did such a phenomenal job helping us plan our wedding. They made it easy from the very first meeting, through the tastings with caterers, and through every leg of planning leading up to the big day. We are so grateful to Lindsay... Read More for her hard work, excellent advice, and solid leadership which carried us through our wedding day. Lindsay and her team had the best recommendations for every vendor we needed. They also saved us some money due to their relationships with so many great wedding vendors. Most of all, we loved Lindsay's infectious sense of humor. The stress of planning the most important day of your life is no small thing, and Lindsay's sense of fun was so appreciated. Everyone at SEG was so warm and helpful to us, they were also reasonably priced too. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Jessie M

We only have 2 months to get everything done, while other planners told me it was impossible, Elisa and Ashley made it possible. Everything was perfect on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Shawn S

We had a wonderful experience working with Simply Elegant for our September 2016 wedding at the Rookery in downtown Chicago. Initially we worked with Lindsay, who helped answer all of our questions, and then we were assigned our planner, Gina. Gina was a true pleasure to work... Read More with, she was so organized, kept us on track with our vendors, helped us organize our ceremony and reception time-lines, and provided multiple vendor recommendations which all turned out great. A day before the wedding, Gina had an emergency and was not able to be at our wedding, but Simply Elegant made sure that everything went off without a hitch. Lindsay called us immediately to let us know the back-up plan, and then she attended our rehearsal while they flew in Kerry from the Minneapolis branch, who took over for Gina for the wedding day. My husband and I were not aware of any issues on the wedding day, which was a true testament to how organized and professional the Simply Elegant team are. Our main concern before booking a planner was having a proper/reliable back-up plan, because life happens, and we were so glad we went with Simply Elegant because of that. Even if there were any problems/hiccups, we were able to enjoy the day and not worry, and it all turned out better than we could have hoped! Thank you so much, Lindsay, Gina, Kerry and the entire team, you are rock stars!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Marisa Y

Hiring SEG was one of the best decisions I could have made for my wedding (and my sanity). Maria Gonzalez was professional, responsive and a fantastic resource from the first day I hired her. She had a great sense of knowing when I was stressed/busy at work and needed to be left... Read More alone vs. needing to nudge me to get things done for the wedding. The day of, our wedding ran smoothly and if anything crazy happened, I definitely didn't know about it. What I was most impressed with about Maria was her willingness to help me. A little less than a month before our wedding, I considered changing our rehearsal dinner venue and really needed help with a transportation question. Recognizing I was stressed, Maria did a huge amount of legwork that she absolutely did not have to do for me. As I work in a demanding client service industry, I have extremely high expectations when I work with service professionals and Maria exceeded each of my expectations. I cannot speak highly enough about Maria - she's a rockstar that knows what she's doing and goes above and beyond. Even before hiring SEG, meeting with Elisa was a great experience. She wants every bride to be happy with SEG's services and does whatever it takes to make sure your expectations are met. Chicago wedding coordinator services can be expensive, but SEG's services are a steal. Elisa and Maria were fantastic resources and I would recommend them to any of my friends planning weddings in the future.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 A L

My experience with this service & my "day of" wedding planner was so amazing that after two months I decided I needed to write to thank them. I don't take the time to write reviews but I felt this lady was the only reason my wedding day came through without (or so everyone... Read More thinks) a hitch. She over exceeded my expectations and I was asked to share my review, so gladly I'm doing so. Sorry I simply copied it, but the message still gets across. Hello, This e-mail is long over due, but I felt it necessary to contact you. I had Lindsey Mackey as my day of wedding planner. My wedding date was Sept. 2nd. I have to let you know how amazing Lindsey was on my wedding day. My wedding day started out awful, due to my "Jekyll and Hyde" maid of honor. Although, I won't get into that, just no need. I digress, Lindsey was so friendly & full of energy that day, and not in a "car salesman" type of way. I asked a few favors from her, not in the contract, and she took care of them immediately. I gave her my contact information to all my other vendors, and she took me out of the unnecessary planning that she handled. She even calmed my nerves from said mentioned ordeal. She was immensely patient with my spanish speaking parents and guests. I cannot say anything bad about her other than I wish I'd tipped her even more and had hired her for the entire planning process. I don't know what I would've done without her, as my maid of honor and bridesmaids let me down in a major way. Thank you very much for choosing her as my day of assistant, she was truly amazing. A. Lopez

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Y S

I recently got married at the Drake Hotel three weeks ago. Elisa was our day of wedding coordinator, and my husband and I both deeply regretted hiring her. She was hard get a hold of on the wedding day, and we hardly saw her on our wedding day in contrast to what she said prior... Read More to the wedding day. Elisa told me she would be with me or her assistant would be so I don't need to worry about what comes next or where I need to be, but whatever she said would happen didn't happen. We also agreed on two assistants but she only brought one who told our guests this was her first day at work in wedding industry. Elisa told us the assistant was very senior and would trust her completely. Elisa was also supposed to come on our rehearsal walk-through: however she cancelled last minute and sent a replacement. I tried to contact her supervisor about my disappointment and she sent an email saying she was a great coordinator and said the reason we barely saw her was because she was being a great coordinator. They are friends. I had 25 vendors for my wedding, Elisa was the only vendor I definitely didn't need.

2016-11-02T19:25:31 Response from the vendor

We are truly sorry for your experience. Please know that our clients are our first priority here at Simply Elegant, and knowing that you weren’t completely satisfied with our services is a difficult thing for us to hear. We count on your feedback so that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Regan A

Ashley Carpenter with The Simply Elegant was truly amazing. She was super organized throughout the whole process and was easy to communicate with via email. She took initiative to reach out to our vendors to figure out any missing info. I didn't need much on the day of the... Read More wedding because everything was so prepared and organized, but when I did need anything, she was always there ready to help. We were hesitant at first when we were deciding on whether or not we needed a wedding planner, but the cost was well worth it! I didn't feel the need to worry about anything the month leading up to the wedding as well as the day of.

2016-11-02T19:23:02 Response from the vendor

We are so excited to hear your experience with Ashley was amazing! We were so incredibly honored to be part of your wedding day!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Ashlee

I ended up hiring Simply Elegant last minute for day-of services. I was having a destination wedding in Jamaica. The resort wedding planners were helpful when it came to selecting a location, band, dinner, flowers, etc. but less helpful with the details of the day and... Read More timeline. Lindsay Mackey helped us put together a timeline for the day, ceremony and reception. Also, the resort didn't do much for a wedding rehearsal so Lindsay managed this (which was a feat with my family). I was so happy that she insisted that we do a quick run through instead of just skipping it. Lindsay helped make sure everything was on track the day of and for a destination wedding this is not an easy task. Island time is real! When planning the details with the resort, photography was a challenge. I knew that I wanted amazing photos and wasn't getting warm and fuzzy feelings from the resort photographer. One night when Lindsay was helping me with the timeline (about 2 weeks before the wedding) I mentioned my concerns and she said she would reach out to some of her Chicago photographers to see if one was free and would be willing to travel last minute for us. I have no idea how she did it, but she found Adam Novak (http://www.adamnovak.com/) and worked out a great price in a matter of a few days.. The photos were beautiful - Lindsay & Adam were godsends!!! Can't say enough great things about these two gifted people, whom turned my vision of an epic Jamaican beach wedding into an event our friends and family are still gushing about.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Sarah M

I really valued Lindsay’s expertise during the planning process. She was very quick to respond to email questions, and there was no question that was too silly for her; she was always patient and very respectful with all of the first-time bride questions I had (and there were... Read More many!). For reference, I had the Day-Of Plus package for our wedding, which was great for me (I am organized, but have a fairly demanding work schedule and was unfamiliar with the Chicago wedding market and protocols). In the week of the wedding, Lindsay shared the timeline and other documentation with all the vendors, as well as confirming details with the vendors. The day of went great--all of the documentation completed for the timeline, contact lists, materials brought to the venue, and floorplans were put into use! I was able to thoroughly enjoy our special event knowing that any issues were taken care of by someone with a lot of expertise in the wedding field, and someone who was also familiar with my wishes and plans due our conversations throughout the planning process. I also found it to be very beneficial that Lindsay had worked with a lot of our other vendors before--it seemed to make the communication and coordination between her and the other vendors seamless.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Linda M

As an out-of-town mother of the bride, I knew a wedding planner would be helpful, but Lindsay exceeded all expectations! She provided a list of potential vendors for each category, and then my daughter and her fiance could make the choice. It was very reassuring to be able to... Read More turn to a wedding professional for answers to the multitude of questions that arose at every phase of the planning process. Lindsay answered ours with patience, enthusiasm, and a fun sense of humor. She is delightful! On the "day of" both Lindsay and Sonya were organized and professional. I truly felt comfortable that all was under control and could focus on the guests and wedding couple. At the end of the evening, Lindsay had everything we needed to load into our car organized in one location. Displays were disassembled, leftover cake boxed, extra programs gathered, etc. My husband and I were most impressed! Our heartfelt thanks go to The Simply Elegant Group. You helped make our daughter and son-in-law's wedding both spectacular and memorable!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Aimee C

I had Lindsay as my wedding planner and day-of coordinator. First, Lindsay is super friendly and has a lot of experience in wedding planning. When I purchased the package with Simply Elegant Group, I told them I wanted to have someone who can give me advice whenever I come... Read More across questions, but I still wanted to make decisions for myself. Lindsay completely met my expectation in this aspect. Do keep in mind though that Lindsay has another full-time job, so it usually took us some time emailing back and forth to schedule our meetups. I didn't work before my wedding so my schedule was very flexible and we managed to meet regularly. What made me appreciate Lindsay and her team the most was their day-of service. I was so glad that I had Lindsay on my wedding day. There was some unexpected drama in the morning, and Lindsay totally came to the rescue. She was very clam and took control of the situation immediately when all my bridesmaids and I weren't sure what to do. For that, I'm forever grateful!!! Overall Lindsay and her team are very easy to work with. I'm so glad I found them and I'll definitely recommend them to any bride-to-be.

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 TIFFANY L

Going with and having SEG was the best decision and life/wedding saver! I chose all my vendors based on the connection I had with them and how comfortable they made me feel. SEG, had and did everything I wanted! We had the full service package due to planning out of state. I... Read More had constant communication and follow ups for every detail. Whatever I needed, they were there to accommodate and execute. They were there with me every step of the way, remotely and in person for all the planning. Even when I had my moments of stress and anxiety, they were there to help and be my calm to my own storm. Especially on the day of, as the bride, you don't want to think or worry about anything. SEG took care of everything for us, from guests to vendors, to putting all wedding materials in place and taking them down at the end of the night. Our planner, Lindsay, was my SUPER ROCKSTAR! All her hard work and dedication made our day more special and the most epic day ever. Lindsay made the entire planning process fun and less stressful. Couldn't have planned a better wedding with out her. BEST PLANNER EVER!!!!

Meet The Manager

Lindsay Mackey

Lindsay has been in the events industry for years and has overseen hundreds of successful events. Her attention to detail and ability to handle any situation that arises with grace and ease allows her couples to relax and enjoy their wedding day. Lindsay not only plans weddings for our Chicago couples, but also trains her team of Lead Planners to ensure that every Simply Elegant wedding is flawless and our client's vision is fulfilled.