Wedding Planning. Made Simple.

YOU can afford a wedding planner!!! The Simply Elegant Group is an award-winning, information-based wedding planning company. We will exceed your expectations and SAVE YOU MONEY! With our exclusive vendor relationships, we guarantee just that!

$ – Inexpensive

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Alex L

Simply Elegant was simply amazing. Our wedding went so wonderfully, despite the hiccups that I caused and they fixed flawlessly! I could not be happier with Tracy (our planner) or the services in general and I HIGHLY recommend them for anyone who wants to be happy and enjoy... Read More their wedding! When everyone I know recommended that I get a day of planner, I decided a little reluctantly to take the advice (because it was literally everyone). What I didn't understand about a Day-Of planner was all the help and resources SEG gives to you before the day. From info about making welcome bags to tipping to rehearsal dinner information, they made sure that I had all my boxes checked so I wouldn't have to worry about anything last minute and then also made so sure that we had plans to eat breakfast and lunch! We met up in person several times before the wedding and Tracy and her assistant Lizzy were so nice and they even took our dog back to our hotel room when our not so little pup got overwhelmed by the day/party. Really above and beyond and one of the million little things that I would never think of beforehand that I needed, but now I know that our day wouldn't have been nearly as incredible. They were so nice and helpful and I really can't express the gratitude I feel for SEG. I know they did their job, but at no point did I think they were just doing their job. I really felt that they cared about us and our day and our guests and our vendors. Really excellent people, almost like a friend but one who know will do something for you because they know it will help you. Communication was top notch, even when mine in return was less than ideal. I got caught up in not answering or ghosting, but they were always understanding and just persistent enough to get the information they needed but without making me feel bad. If you want your wedding to run well, use Simply Elegant and it will.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Caitlin M

One of the best pieces of advice I received throughout our wedding planning process was to hire a Day-of Wedding Coordinator. Being a pretty decisive and organized person, I didn't need much help with planning our wedding (May 21, 2016), but as the big day approached there were... Read More SO many overwhelming details that I have never been so grateful for the decision to hire The Simply Elegant Group (Chicago location). I had the pleasure of working with Lindsay Mackey. From our initial meeting, it was clear she knew what she was doing - she was so friendly and knowledgable. About a month before our wedding (right when the craziness started setting in) she became very involved and helpful. We had a couple meetings (in person and phone) and she was super flexible to work around my schedule. We talked through all the details. Some very important things that I wouldn't have never thought of or remembered. The timeline and documents we created together left no detail untouched and was a great reference tool for myself and my vendors. On the wedding day, Lindsay and her assistants did so much behind the scenes work; answering calls, working with the vendors, directing guests, picking up and dropping off various items, setting up personal items for the ceremony and reception, and dealing with any mishaps that may have occurred (which I would have no clue if anything did go wrong!). Our wedding day went SO perfectly and smoothly. My husband, myself, and our parents truly enjoyed the day without a single worry or interruption, and I have Simply Elegant to thank for that! Do not plan your wedding without them!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Alida M

We hired Simply Elegant because we had a tight budget to stick to, crazy work schedules, and a very grand vision of what we wanted to do. Elisa helped us reign in all our logistics and plan out every operational detail, in addition to handling all of those details with her... Read More assistant on the day of the wedding. She also helped us create a truly beautiful day that looked so expensive; I know every bride says this, but honestly, we were able to get James Beard award-winning food in a venue that's one numerous architectural awards with custom-made book-themed statement pieces and table runners made out of flowers within our very reasonable and limited budget. This was because Simply Elegant was willing to work with us on getting creative with our vendors and our ideas, as well as helping us find vendors that would cut us crucial deals. I recommend Simply Elegant, and especially, I recommend Elisa!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

When I found out I had a two hour load in at my wedding venue I knew I needed to search for help in pulling everything off as I couldn't be two places as once. I interviewed three different wedding planners before meeting Ashely and after our first meeting I knew she was the... Read More one for me. Her passion for what she does, knowledge and willingness to help in anyway she could gave me the confidence in entrusting her with pulling off the BIG day!! Ashely was a great resource leading up to the wedding and answered every single email almost immediately. We had a few meetings before the wedding and once the day came I had no worries that Ashely would take care of everything and if any crisis or mishap occurred she would take care of it and I wouldn't be the wiser. She was absolutely amazing to work with and incredibly organized and pulled everything off while I got to enjoy my day.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Ariella R

Kerry at The Simply Elegant Group (Minneapolis team) was indispensable. She was unbelievably organized and kindly handled my (and my husband's) quite complicated family. Our wedding was flawless and that was in large part thanks to the preparation that Kerry helped us complete,... Read More and her wonder-woman management of each detail on the wedding day itself. She's a pleasure to work with and felt like family by the end :) Thanks to Simply Elegant Group - worth every cent!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Conner M

My partner and I got married on 09/23/17 in Vail, CO and had the absolute pleasure of working with Taylor. One of the first things she said to us was "what do you need help with?". That message remained for the next 5 months through our wedding weekend. She helped coordinate... Read More our vendors and gave structure to our wedding day. Taylor gave us so much relief and allowed us to focus on the event itself as opposed to the production of it, which is so special to us. I am confident that we would not have had the same experience without Taylor or with other vendors. One of Taylor's best qualities is her ability to remain relaxed and appear calm and confident. Her skill is unparalleled and her ability to execute beyond impressive. I can't recommend Simply Elegant enough.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Meagan B

This was probably the smartest wedding decision I made. Taylor got back to me quickly and made the whole process so easy. Ashton was my day of coordinator and did such a fantastic job! From helping select other vendors to keeping me on track with my timeline to making sure... Read More everything ran smoothly on the day, Ashton was invaluable. I highly recommend Simply Elegant!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Sam B

Our planner, Sam Hudson, was insanely incredible. In so many ways we don't at all know what we would have done without her. SEG does an incredible job of providing structure, templates, ideas, checklists and all the support you need to make planning the biggest event of your... Read More life feel effortless. More importantly than the discounts, references, constant support and KICK ASS day of leadership - SEG seems to have a thing for hiring high caliber individuals who understand how to walk with you through the crazy process of wedding planning with confidence, ease and grace. We couldn't have pulled this off without them and can't say enough about how awesome Sam Hudson is!!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Shannon F

I've been meaning to write this review for months, but better late than never! I used Simply Elegant for my wedding in July 2017. I got engaged in Jan 2016 so I had a lot of time to plan. A few months before my wedding, I had taken care of all the big stuff but had a million... Read More little things to do. I decided I did not want to be stressed the day of the wedding or the days leading up to it so I decided to get a month of planner. Maria was my planner and she was wonderful. Even before the "month of" duties went into effect, Maria was providing advice and helping me make decisions. We emailed and talked on the phone multiple times. Then during the month of she took over all correspondence with vendors which was amazing. But that was nothing compared to how amazing she was on the big day. She did not leave my side the whole day and helped with everything, including helping position me in photos by spreading out my veil, etc. my bridesmaids even started calling her "Maria of honor"! I did not stress at all and everything was perfect. Thank you Maria!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Catie G

Hiring Simply Elegant for our Chicago wedding this past August was the best decision we made! We planned much of the wedding ourselves to cut down on costs but wanted someone to be there in the weeks leading up to it and on the day of to manage the event. We thought this would... Read More reduce our stress and we were right. We worked with Lindsay Mackey and she was amazing! She met with us beforehand to go over our timeline, vendors, and other details. She provided important insight and fun ideas. On the day of she made sure everything went smoothly and it certainly did. She did things we never would have thought of like coordinating our rehearsal, suggesting we hire a second photographer, running out and buying a last minute polaroid, and securing a key spot for taking beautiful photographs. She set up our donut tower and made sure everything was in place prior to the event. We were so happy we made this decision because it was an absolutely perfect day largely thanks to Lindsay and Simply Elegant. Worth every penny and we highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Michele V

Big thank yous to Sam and Taylor from SEG! I love that I could text or email them, and I would get an honest, and well thought out response. I love that they would let me know when they would be out of pocket and unable to respond. If you are a "planner" type of person like... Read More myself, this is important. The vendors that they work with and have relationships with are some of the best in the industry. I love how my wedding turned out and am very happy I chose to work with SEG!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Emily T

If I could put 10 stars, I would. Our planner, Emily, was absolutely amazing! I have no idea how I would have done it without her. I was never stressed and she made sure everything was exactly how I wanted it, and perfect! I will definitely be recommending Emily to every person... Read More I know in the twins cities area. She became more of a friend, it was so wonderful and she was always there for seriously everything, she even went to my nail appointment to make sure everything was perfect!! Hire Emily, you will never regret it!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 L T

Ashley made our wedding day perfect! There was some delayed caused by other vendor but Ashley minimized the impact on the timeline. Everyone loved and enjoyed the event. We couldn't imagine what our wedding would look like without you.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Alyssa W

Elisa was our day of coordinator and she was amazing! We were oblivious to any issues during our wedding day as she was on it right away! She is a very sweet, caring person and was the perfect guide for us since we were basically clueless when it came to wedding planning. She is... Read More organized and was helpful with recommendations and guidance. Thank you, Elisa!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Liezl B

We absolutely loved working with SEG and are so thankful to have worked with our planner Gina! We went with the day-of package and still felt that we still had amazing service many months before our actual wedding. We were able to use many of their great preferred vendors... Read More (caterer, florals/décor, transportation). All the vendors we went with were so happy we had a planner with SEG, which speaks to SEG's service, professionalism and reputation. Also, we ended up saving more money from the SEG's preferred vendor discounts than the actual cost to hire them - definitely a big reason we were able to afford having a wedding planner in the first place! Gina was fantastic and we are so thankful to have had her as our planner. We felt that our wedding day was absolutely amazing and all of our ideas/details were executed perfectly - and know that it wouldn't have gone so smoothly if we didn't have Gina to manage everything! Leading up to the wedding, Gina was there for us, checking in regularly, following up with vendors, and making sure our timeline was perfectly planned (really the timeline was followed perfectly on the day of!). We know there were some small bumps leading up to the day, and probably some the day of, but they were barely noticeable thanks to Gina. Specifically, several of our guests had to cancel last minute due to Hurricane Harvey - we were pretty stressed out about it, but Gina was there to help us plan for the changes and communicate with our caterer on our behalf. We had a lot of little details planned throughout our wedding day, and Gina was so attentive and made sure that all the decorations, details, and even dances were set out perfectly. All of her hard work making our vision come true really allowed us to focus on enjoying ourselves with our family and friends, and celebrating our wedding without worrying about any wedding day logistics. We really couldn't have imagined our wedding day happening without her and SEG!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Katie G

One of the best decisions I made for the wedding was hiring a wedding planner. I did a lot of research and SEG was affordable and had a lot of package options. They also provide you with their preferred vendor list, most of which gave discounts for SEG. It ended up saving us a... Read More lot of money. Our planner was Ashley Carpenter and I honestly don’t know what I would have done without her. I know she is very busy but every time we spoke or met she made my wedding feel like a priority. She is friendly, organized and very detail oriented. She was quick to respond to emails and would periodically reach out to make sure I was on track with everything. She attended our tasting and meetings with vendors and asked questions we hadn’t even thought of. On the day of the wedding she was calm and prepared. She made sure we followed the timeline and everything went smoothly. Her and her assistant did all the behind the scenes work and helped set up. My parents had nothing but great things to say about her and were so happy she was there so they could enjoy the day. She took so much stress off of our shoulders and we are so thankful we had her there throughout the entire planning process. The price is well worth it and I would highly recommend SEG and Ashley. Our wedding was SO perfect and I have Ashley to thank for that.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Jessica F

Although I planned my wedding, I knew I needed a day-of coordinator to help relieve last minute stress. Thank goodness for Gina! She was so organized, patient, and constantly checked in to make sure my husband and I weren't stressed. She kept the day flowing smoothly and... Read More handled any and all hiccups with ease. I highly recommend this company and, specifically, Gina!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Michelle L

We just got married in Aspen on August 12th. I felt so compelled to say something, that I am actually writing this review while I am on my honeymoon. I honestly do not even know where to start in expressing the level of dedication, service and excellence of the simply elegant... Read More team. I guess I will start at the beginning... I chose to work with simply elegant after speaking with Taylor over the phone. She was the most responsive, upbeat, dedicated planner of anyone I had spoken with so it was an easy choice. From there she was so incredibly receptive to all of our questions and needs, even though we were 1.5+ years out from our wedding. She was kind enough to allow us to ship things to her as I was planning the wedding from another state. A few days before the wedding, there was an issue with another planner that required Taylor's presence as branch manager. This was in direct conflict with our walk through for the wedding, but before I could even worry, she had already found a replacement, Lizzie, who reached out to me and gave me her personal phone number to reassure me that everything would be ok. Everything was more than ok! I think unfortunately these days most companies do not take responsibility or ownership of issues, but not only did simply elegant group cover it, they really went above and beyond. Such integrity and dedication is hard to find. Lizzie was present for our walk through, she brought all of our shipped items and she was an integral part of our rehearsal. On the wedding day I had no idea we would literally be hiking up Aspen mountain, but Lizzie hiked right there with us, helping me with my bouquet and shaping the train on my dress for literally every single picture. This girl was AMAZING! I cannot imagine any other company doing what she did, and with a smile on her face! She was absolutely incredible and I don't know if i could have made that hike without her. She was such a trooper and with her adorable personality she was fun to be around in the process. While we were hiking, Taylor set up the event flawlessly. Everything looked beautiful and I felt relieved that I knew the event was in such good hands. I literally didn't have to worry about anything other than the weather. But... simply elegant had that under control too. They set up both the inside and the outside of the venue so that we were prepared and Lizzie came to me with a backup plan when rain did cause us to use the backup venue. The reception was set up beautifully. And I jokingly called Lizzie an angle because literally every time my dress came unbustled she was there to help me before I even noticed. The best surprise came at the end of the night, Taylor and Lizzie used our wedding decorations to decorate our room with rose petals and champagne. It was incredible! I almost cried all over again, not because I had just gotten married, but because these ladies truly cared so much about making this special for us, and I was really touched. Honestly I cannot say enough praise about the job these fabulous ladies did. They were absolutely incredible. They went above and beyond in so many ways that they truly helped make our wedding day the best day ever. I am SO pleased and thankful that we used the simply elegant group. To any future bride, I would highly recommend this company. They were absolutely worth it and I cannot say enough nice things about them!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Bree G

We found SEG when I was looking for a day-of coordinator who I clicked with and that was within our budget. I had a call with Taylor and I loved her! We had a good initial meeting and she helped with things I needed; but since I'm super organized and my job is literally to... Read More budget then I didn't need quite as much hands on assistance for the planning portion. She let us modify our invoice because I wouldn't be using all of the services they offered. A few months later, Taylor was promoted to the Denver manager role and we were handed off to Tracy as our coordinator. We met with her and were also happy with her. They did a great job responding to questions timely and offering advice. On the wedding day, we certainly made Tracy earn her keep (well not really us; it was due to the weather and one of our vendors). Her and her assistant set everything up and managed the vendors. We actually had a thunderstorm during the outdoor ceremony and everyone was all-in when I said I still wanted it outside. Additionally, we had chosen Argonaut to provide and deliver alcohol. When they missed their delivery timeframe, Tracy followed up with them and they said they'd be there in 45 minutes. After the ceremony, they still hadn't arrived and Tracy informed us of the situation (I appreciated that she waited until after the ceremony). Tracy along with the catering coordinator had to hound Argonaut who avoided their calls, at which time we decided to send someone to purchase alcohol instead. In the days following the wedding, we worked to get a refund on our alcohol... Tracy was on vacation and she was willing to call in to vouch for our claims. This service was above and beyond and I'm grateful they stand by their couples under any circumstance.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Catherine N

The BEST/SMARTEST choice I made during wedding planning was choosing SEG. Your wedding day is only one day, and it goes by SO fast. Savor not just the one day, but all the days leading up to it. For me, the planning and months leading up to the wedding were just as enjoyable as... Read More the wedding itself. And, for that, I have to credit Elisa. Planning with Elisa was amazing, to say the least. She was so professional, so organized and so knowledgeable. More importantly, though, she was kind, supportive and an excellent communicator. Working with her felt like working with a best friend. She truly cared about making the whole process enjoyable for me and always took on the nitty gritty stuff, so that I could do all the fun things. As organized as I am, I could not of done any of this without her. She made everything run so smoothly. We got married on July 15, and my dad and in-laws are still receiving calls from our guests gushing about how our wedding was the best wedding they have ever attended. For that, I cannot thank Elisa enough. Elisa is a truly amazing and special person, and anyone who gets her as a planner is extremely lucky and will have a most certainly beautiful wedding.

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Megan L

I had no idea what I wanted in the beginning of planning. We quickly picked a venue, a church, and a date. So now what? I met Taylor with Simply Elegant group. She completely helped me put my scattered ideas together, SAVED me a ton on vendors that matched my style, and text... Read More me back whenever I had questions (which photographer, where to get jewelry, etc.) The most amazing part of her role were the days leading up to the wedding and when I walked into my reception hall to find the most BEAUTIFUL set up. It had been raining outside and plan B was excellent if not better for everyone. From the winebarrels, cake display, photo guestbook, and coordinating vendors, she had everything handled, including elegantly handling my mistake (I forgot a few name cards). She even helped wrangle a bridal party of 20 deep, where the Bride has the worst ADD of all. Taylor became a friend during the process, which is exactly who you want to trust with your wedding plans on the big day.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Lauren B

I went into my wedding planning with a pretty good idea of what I wanted but zero idea how to get there. Taylor from Simply Elegant was able to take my vision to a whole new level, and better yet, realistically. Looking at boards and boards on Pinterest I think it's pretty easy... Read More to get lost in fantasy land of what your big day could be. Taylor did a fabulous job of taking my vision and my budget and turning it into a reality. If something was outside of my budget Taylor would immediately let me know and give me options and ideas that were within my budget that still fit my vision. She is great with finding areas of give and take within a budget. She also has impeccable organization skills. I cannot even begin to say how helpful this was. There are SO many small details within a wedding as and she certainly doesn't miss a beat. When it comes to negotiations with vendors Taylor and the Simply Elegant Group have already saved us thousands of dollars - always a plus when you're already spending so much for one day. I'm was one of the last of my friends to get married and up to this point every single one of them has HATED planning their weddings. They were stressed out, felt like they didn't know what they were doing and it definitely impeded on the special time of just being engaged (don't get me wrong their weddings turned out beautiful and perfect, but the planning process was not!). I didn't want that at all - I wanted to enjoy my time with my fiance, and I wanted to look back on this engagement and be able to smile and think about how much fun it was... that's why I went with Taylor. I initially spoke with 3 other wedding planners; Taylor was by far the best fit for me personally; it was a gut feeling. When I met with the first 3 planners, I liked them, they were good, they had great references and I knew they'd be able to do the job; however, when I met Taylor I just knew she was the perfect fit. Her personality bodes well to the industry - she's approachable, she listened to my questions and concerns, she responded with genuine solutions if there's was ever something I was worried about - I can't say enough about how thankful I was to have Taylor. When the big day finally came, she handled EVERYTHING. All I had to do was sit back and relax and enjoy soaking up every moment. Multiple times throughout my wedding she approached me, my husband, my parents and his parents to make sure there was nothing else we needed. It was such a comfort having her there handling each detail!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Margot L

Taylor at Simply Elegant was truly the best planner a bride could ever have! She guided me through the year of planning and she took charge of everything on the day of my wedding. Also, it was so affordable and so worth having every step of the way. Love Simply Elegant and... Read More Taylor! Get them and you won't regret it! Promise!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Laura A

We absolutely loved working with The Simply Elegant Group. From start to finish it was an amazing experience. We were lucky enough to work with two planners over the course of our planning process, Taylor and Sam. I would recommend each of them without a doubt. Initially I... Read More wasn't so sure about hiring a coordinator since I have experience with events myself, but it was such a relief to have their help and guidance throughout. From the wedding checklist they provide, to help with vendor recommendations within your price range, to day of execution. It was worth every dollar spent, especially since they helped us save money along the way. Since we didn't live locally, it was also so nice to have their help with all the last minute finalizations. Sam even offered to reach out to groomsmen who were dragging their feet on getting the right shoes, belt, etc. It was very sweet of her! They are truly there to do what needs to be done and make your wedding day run as smoothly as possible. I felt 100% confident putting the reception venue in their hands to help decorate, not to mention how wonderful they were to still be there at the end of the night to break down once everyone had gone home. I felt like they went above and beyond. With the help of the SEG our wedding day was as magical and perfect as we'd imagined it would be plus some. Thank you SEG and to everyone out there looking, wondering, needing a coordinator, whether it's day of or the entire package, you will not be disappointed with The Simply Elegant Group! xoxo

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Lia O

I can't imagine our wedding without The Simply Elegant Group. After speaking with many planners for day of coordination, we settled on The Simply Elegant Group because they offered much more comprehensive planning services for the cost, and seemed to fit our personalities. Our... Read More situation was a little unconventional in that we started out with Gina, but ended up working with Taylor due to Gina taking a leave. From the moment we signed on Gina went to work helping us secure the remaining vendors we needed. Just through Gina's vendor recommendations, she saved us more than the fee we paid for The Simply Elegant Group's services. Not to mention, the vendors she recommended were absolutely amazing. A few months before our wedding, we were informed that Gina would be taking a leave and wouldn't be able to continue as our planner. After a minor heart attack, we were introduced to Taylor, who would be taking over. I immediately felt at ease with the new arrangements as Taylor took the time to become familiar with our existing plans and went to work to complete the timeline and coordinate with our vendors right away. She expertly planned the timeline, ensured everyone knew what to do and managed my minor meltdown like the true pro she is. Our day was perfect, and Taylor played a major part in that. I literally just had to show up and get married, which is why you hire a planner, right? I couldn't be happier with our experience with The Simply Elegant Group and HIGHLY recommend their services for a flawless day! Thank you!

Meet The Manager

Lindsay Mackey

Lindsay has been in the events industry for years and has overseen hundreds of successful events. Her attention to detail and ability to handle any situation that arises with grace and ease allows her couples to relax and enjoy their wedding day. Lindsay not only plans weddings for our Chicago couples, but also trains her team of Lead Planners to ensure that every Simply Elegant wedding is flawless and our client's vision is fulfilled.