The Smithville Inn

Smithville, NJ

Book Your Wedding with The Smithville Inn

A BALLROOM IN SMITHVILLE, NJ

The Smithville Inn is a historic venue on Lake Meone in Galloway, New Jersey. It offers an outdoor space for your ceremony surrounded by rustic woods that provide a charming natural atmosphere. If an indoor ceremony is more your speed take your vows in front of a giant hearth surrounded by warm candlelight. Located just 25 miles from Atlantic City, it's only a stone's throw away from a potential Wedding Day-eve bachelor or bachelorette party. Operating since 1787, The historic Smithville Inn has been making couples' dreams come true for centuries.

The Ballroom is where you and your guests will adjourn to celebrate the nuptials with a lavish dinner and dancing the night away under rustic beams and elegant chandeliers. With a maximum capacity of 120 guests, every single one will walk away with a memorable experience after spending their night of celebration surrounded by the scenic views of Lake Meone.

The Smithville Inn does have some special restrictions. All food and beverage must be handled by the venue; no outside vendors are allowed. The Smithville Inn also must approve all decorations and rice, birdseed and confetti are not permitted. Amplified music both indoors and out is fine but must end by 2 p.m. Alcohol must be handled by the venue; no outside alcohol vendors are allowed.

The Smithville Inn provides an impressive list of amenities including fully functional kitchen facilities, a coat check room and a bridal suite for the bridal party to get ready. A ceremony arch is provided for the ceremony and a spacious dance floor allows guests to cut loose. The linens, silverware and glassware are catered by The Smithville Inn along with the tables and chairs. It will handle setup and cleanup for your convenience and valet parking is given for the convenience of your guests.

There are three wedding packages available at The Smithville Inn. The Simple Elegance package includes a five-hour event with the cocktail hour and reception. A champagne toast and a personalized wedding cake is also available. An exquisite multi-course dinner will leave everyone satisfied. Choose from multiple hors d'oeuvres and a handsome selection of entrees including Ravioli Formaggio, seafood bisque, slow-roasted prime beef and Chicken Oscar among many others.

The Wedding Buffet package has a 50-guest minimum. It has a premium open bar service along with wine and champagne butler service. Some of the hors d'oeuvres include roast beef with caramelized onions, Ahi tuna cucumber and marinated chai beef skewers.

The Four-Hour package is a tad more limited, but still includes the multi-course elegant dinner and the cocktail hour and reception. Complimentary valet parking and the bridal suite are also included.

The Smithville Inn provides an on-site wedding coordinator, allowing you to relax and enjoy the celebration.

Discover the tradition of Timeless Romance...

Every bride and groom as well as their guests are treated like family at the Smithville Inn. Its cobblestone paths, charming gazebo, and outdoor terraces create marvelous backdrops for your reception, ceremony, and photographs.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Restaurant

1 N New York Road, Smithville, NJ (609) 652-7777

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Katie B

I was married at the Smithville Inn on Friday October 7th, 2016. My Wedding Day was the BEST DAY of my life and I owe many many thanks to the staff at the Smithville Inn. The venue itself is beautiful and exactly what my husband and I both imagined for our wedding day. Kyle and... Read More Ashley in the Banquet Department were absolutely amazing. I told Kyle at the rehearsal about the decorations I brought with me and where i would like them etc. He wrote nothing down and the next day I came in and everything was set up perfectly. They also let my groomsmen ride on mini firetrucks into the reception, which they were very excited about! They made us feel like the most special people in the world and they go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. We are so happy we chose this venue not only for the space, but for the staff. They deserve to be recognized. THANK YOU SMITHVILLE INN!

Beautiful Setting

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Em M

I just had my wedding at Smithville Inn on August 24th. The scenery behind the building and the surrounding area are beautiful, especially great for romantic pictures. The food served was delicious and there was a lot of it. The cashew chicken during cocktail hour was my... Read More favorite. The dinner was good, the only issue I had was that the vegetarian meal we had at our tasting was not the same as the meal that was served at the actual reception. The pasts dish replacement was not as nice as the original dish. The set up was done just the way I asked, the tables looked perfect. The head server was fantastic and kept coming over to us throughout the night to make sure we had drinks and everything we needed. Overall, the Inn did everything they could to make the night enjoyable for all of our guests and for ourselves!

Amazing Day!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Jennifer C

I can't say enough about this wonderful venue and staff. I just got married here and it was a beautiful and amazing day. Heather is organized, friendly and extremely helpful. Tony was great as well! The staff was attentive and always making sure we were having a great time. The... Read More food is also delicious! Our guests still tell us that it was one of the best weddings that they have ever been to. Between the dinner, dancing and beautiful atmosphere we had the perfect day! I highly recommend this venue to any future brides.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Rebecca D

We got married at Smithville Inn this past Sunday, and cannot say enough great things about this amazing venue! The historic, rustic feel is perfect, and there's no need to over-decorate for the ceremony or reception. Plus, the inn, and Smithville Village in general is a super... Read More fun backdrop for pictures. The staff at Smithville Inn is INCREDIBLE; Kyle and Justine were very organized, friendly, and willing to do anything to make our day a dream come true (leading up to AND during our big day). The serving staff is just as wonderful. I wish I could relive our wedding day over and over at Smithville Inn. Thank you all!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Stacy N

We booked The Smithville Inn for our wedding on 7/7/17 and our experience was nothing short of amazing. The whole experience was absolutely fantastic. Everyone was so helpful at all times and always so nice! The day of Kyle absolutely knocked it out of the park! He was there... Read More always checking on me to make sure I was good and didn't need anything. He made sure everything went smoothly and went above and beyond for us. The place was absolutely beautiful and everything we wanted. Our guests rave (still) about how amazing the food was and how beautiful the grounds were. We love The Smithville Inn and having our wedding there was pure perfection !! We'd give them 10 stars if it was allowed !

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Laura v

We got married here in July 2017 and it was incredible. Our guest couldn't stop saying how cute the bed and breakfast rooms were and how fun the little village was. The large windows in the Smithville Inn are an amazing backdrop to the wedding pictures. The food is fantastic and... Read More Kyle did a great job making everything run smoothly.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Shana D

My husband and I were married at the Historic Smithville Inn on June 17, 2017. Kyle & Ashley were amazing wedding planners from start to finish. Both were attentive to make sure the wedding was exactly what my husband and I had envisioned. The ceremony, cocktail hour and grand... Read More ballroom were gorgeous. All of the staff and servers catered to us and our guests the entire night and guests are still raving about the food! Smithville Inn has been one of our favorite places to go for lunch/dinner and brunch. I would highly recommend this venue for any special occasion you are having. The planners and staff were highly professional, accommodating, responded back in a timely manner and couldn't be more friendly. Our wedding was hands down the best day of our lives and Smithville Inn played a HUGE part in that. It was not only memorable for us, but for our guests as well. We cannot thank Smithville Inn enough. We love you guys!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Meredith B

The Smithville Inn was a wonderful venue for our wedding. Ashley and Kyle were very helpful in making our day just as we had envisioned. They worked hard to set up our decorations and made the day flow smoothly. The food was wonderful and the service impeccable. The event... Read More space is beautiful and offers flexibility from the traditional. We had a wonderful wedding here and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Erin S

AMAZING!!!! Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Kyle and all of the staff at The Smithville Inn! When I was stress, Kyle got me a glass of white wine. When the wedding was done, the staff helped us pack everything us super quick and made everything just so easy! It also... Read More helped that the venue is absolutely gorgeous! My guests said it was a venue like no other, as it was so rustic and romantic. I highly recommend this place for a rustic wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Samantha C

The Smithville Inn did a great job hosting my wedding. Ashley and Kyle helped make my wedding day run smoothly! Kyle even helped my husband with his boutineer and pocket square. All around great people and a beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Elizabeth L

All my husband and I dreams came true last night at our wedding at the Smithville Inn! There is nothing I can say that would describe how wonderful EVERYTHING was! Honestly just perfect!! Kyle and Ashley are just amazing! They are just on the ball! Everyone there treats you like... Read More family. Best day of our lives, and we can not thank Smithville enough !!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Caitlin A

Very accomidating! It rained up until 30 minutes before my ceremony and they set up the indoor and outdoor. The staff wiped down all the chairs outside and we were able to do the ceremony outside! Food was amazing! Soooooo much food too! Heather was great to plan with! Always... Read More available to answer any questions. Wait staff during the reception were on it. Everytime i sat down, the waitress came and asked what i wanted to drink! Prime rib and crab Cakes were excellent. I have to mention the food again. The decoration and display of everthing i handed over to them the night before was flawless! I love all the windows. Beautiful, comfortable setting. No problems. I would reccomend this venue to everyone! Thanks so much for the best party ever!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Grace R

Our wedding at the Smithville Inn turned out to be beautiful even though the weather wasn't that great. The rooms are rustic with gorgeous views of the outdoors and the lake and the food was delicious. Everything was so easy to plan with Ashley and Heather's help. They were... Read More fantastic to work with. I would highly reckons them for anything- weddings, showers, parties, etc. cows couldn't have asked for a better day!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Leighann B

Simply put: the "wedding planner" and her "assistant" lost paperwork on our wedding date 11/11 (Veterans Day) my fiancé Is a marine. They gave it away without our knowledge. I had to call to find out they gave away the date. They said "we don't have paper work on you" two... Read More minutes later "we did call you and you said you didn't want the date" Please don't insult my intelligence or anyone else's for that matter. They were completely unapologetic in the matter. My criticisms were called inappropriate by the head wedding planner. Pretty sure the first job of a wedding planner is to secure paperwork on her clients. Don't believe me check Yelp I put a screenshot of the conversation with the head wedding planner. Don't give this business your money go elsewhere they shouldn't be in the wedding business. I was a frequent visitor of smithville since I was a child, this was my dream venue. But honestly, it's gone down hill. Locals have even said the inn has gone south. Please I implore you not to waste your time or money here. Unless you want to be stressed out by incompetent staff on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Alexia M

My husband and I got married on 10/2/15 at The Smithville Inn and my experience was nothing short of phenomenal. From the second we booked our appointment to view the venue, we were made to feel like the most special people in the world. The venue itself is amazing. It is the... Read More perfect rustic and shabby chic venue. The shops at The Smithville Inn add a charming element for your guests. The outdoor ceremony area is absolutely beautiful no matter what time of year. The reception room is rustic, warm and charming. I wanted to avoid a country club look and this venue was absolutely perfect. I really don't even know where to start in writing this review because everything was so incredibly perfect, so I supposed I will start with our wedding coordinator, Heather Cramer. Heather is seriously the BEST. She answered every phone call, e-mail and message in a timely manner {and believe me, there were a TON of those}. She went above and beyond to make sure that our entire planning process and wedding day went off without a hitch. She was tremendously accommodating and catered to all of our wants and needs no matter how big or small. We dropped off an obscene amount of decorations the day before and every single detail was absolutely perfect. I realize I’ve used the word perfect a lot, but there really is no other word to describe our wedding day. I cannot speak highly enough of Heather and her staff. We got married the weekend of the hurricane. We originally planned to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outside but the weather had other plans. Heather assured me that everything would work out, and boy was she right! It was PERFECT. AMAZING. SENSATIONAL. The ceremony was moved indoors and the room looked absolutely stunning. After the ceremony, our guests were moved out toward the bar area and they turned the ceremony room over into the cocktail hour in minutes. Literally minutes. I was honestly blown away at how smooth the entire process went. If you are a bride who stresses over the idea of it possibly raining, this venue is for you. The food. The food was incredible. My guests are STILL raving about the food. Often times when venues are cooking in bulk, the food tends to suffer, but all of the dishes for the cocktail hour and ceremony were absolutely delicious. Not only was the food delicious, there was plenty of it. The variety that The Smithville Inn offers cannot be matched. I really cannot say enough about this venue and all of the employees who made our day so incredibly special. I HIGHLY recommend this venue. If I could go back, there is not a thing that I would change. Even with the wind and the rain, our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I have Heather and her staff at The Smithville Inn to thank for making our wedding day so amazing.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Leanne P

Our wedding went perfectly according to plan at the Smithville Inn. We did not have any complaints about how anything turned out. Heather's communication during the planning stage was very good and thorough. On the wedding day the venue was set up exactly how we would have... Read More wished, with no surprises or problems. One of the owners was on site as well and was very nice and helpful. I would recommend this venue to anyone. The food was also fantastic, including the cocktail hour and reception.

Picture perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kacey B

The Smithville Inn exceeded our expectations and made our wedding day feel like a fairy tale! The staff, especially Heather, our wedding coordinator, went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was the day of our dreams! They were all so friendly and helpful. All of our... Read More guests had the time of their lives (as did we) and the space was gorgeous - which made for great photos! I would recommend the Smithville Inn to anyone looking to plan their wedding!

Best Wedding Venue Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jaclyn H

I just recently got married at the Smithville Inn and I could not have been happier with anything. The ceremony was beautiful and the staff were beyond accomodating. The food was unbelievable and I every family member and friend I talked to raved about everything from the food... Read More to the service. Heather Cramer is the wedding planner at Smithville Inn and I can't say enough good things about her. She is so professional and organized all while being approachable and accomodating. I could have never planned my wedding without her!! I am so happy I chose Smithville Inn as my venue and can't wait to go back and visit!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lisa Y

We were just recently married at the Smithville Inn three weeks ago. Heather was awesome from the planning to our magical evening. Our guests are still talking about our wedding and all the special touches. There is not one thing I would change. Everything went smooth from... Read More our planning, the food, lodging and Heather at the Inn was with us every step of the way. I would recommend this venue highly to any future couples!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Gina P

Heather at the smithville in beyond exceeded my expectations. No matter what I needed she was there. I ended up having bad weather and it didn't even matter because the ceremony and reception rooms were the most breathtaking rooms I have ever seen. Smithville is beyond your... Read More typical ballroom with carpets and a cut out wood dance floor, it's a vintage magical romantic setting that just cannot be compared. I can't even explain how effortless planning a wedding with heather and her team at the smithville in was for me. I would do it all again and again. Me and my husband now have the most beautiful memories and cannot wait to visit back and relive it forever.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Cara L

We had our wedding there on May 31st of 2015! The venue was incredible. Heather was extremely helpful, caring, and informative. She responded to questions right away and always worked with us. The service was great. The food was amazing. Overall the perfect wedding venue!

AMAZING VENUE

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Rebecca C

Heather is an amazing planner and she really made our wedding incredible! What an amazing time we had at the Smithville Inn!! There were rave reviews about the food and the atmosphere. The location couldn't have been more perfect and it was decorated exactly how we... Read More envisioned. Heather took care of everything and it was a huge success!! We had the most amazing day and the Smithville Inn truly made it special! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to other brides and grooms!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Stephanie B

Heather did a great job! I couldn't have asked for a better venue to have a wedding! With its rustic charm my wedding was gorgeous.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Victoria S

We chose Smithville Inn for our wedding and reception location. Greatest choice ever. It had just what we were looking for as far as a more rustic feel. The grounds for the wedding were so beautiful. If I could do it all over again I would in a heart beat. The Staff here from... Read More the coordinators, bartender, and waiters and waitresses were awesome. Friendliest staff and so much fun. They truly made you and the guests feel super important. Everyone at the wedding raved about how easy going the whole night went, how well timed everything was and how attentive the staff was and friendly, they said that everyone there looked like they were happy to help! We had an incident where our groomsmen passed out during the ceremony and they were helpful to that situation even though it was a first for them. I wish I had gotten names of the staff working. The woman working our table never let me have a dry mouth! she was so sweet. Another woman helped make a bed for my three year old son who fell asleep during the reception. Just all around great service and a memorable night.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Blair P

We had our wedding at the Smithville Inn this past May and could not have been happier. The venue is gorgeous and has so much character. We were looking for a venue that was not the typical wedding ballroom, but that had all of the amenities we needed and Smithville was perfect.... Read More We were SO impressed with Heather, their wedding coordinator. She was always extremely friendly, organized, flexible and helpful. She answered all of my crazy emails in a timely manner and is clearly on top of her game. We absolutely loved working with her! Our wedding day was perfect and I knew we had nothing to worry about. The food was excellent - we received so many compliments. The staff was wonderful. Literally, everything about this venue is perfect. We would absolutely recommend it to anyone. Thanks for everything, Heather!