The Smithville Inn

Smithville, NJ

Discover the tradition of simple Elegance...

Every bride and groom as well as their guests are treated like family at the Smithville Inn. Its cobblestone paths, charming gazebo, and outdoor terraces create marvelous backdrops for your reception, ceremony, and photographs.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Restaurant

1 N New York Road, Smithville, NJ

Beautiful Setting

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Em M

I just had my wedding at Smithville Inn on August 24th. The scenery behind the building and the surrounding area are beautiful, especially great for romantic pictures. The food served was delicious and there was a lot of it. The cashew chicken during cocktail hour was my... Read More favorite. The dinner was good, the only issue I had was that the vegetarian meal we had at our tasting was not the same as the meal that was served at the actual reception. The pasts dish replacement was not as nice as the original dish. The set up was done just the way I asked, the tables looked perfect. The head server was fantastic and kept coming over to us throughout the night to make sure we had drinks and everything we needed. Overall, the Inn did everything they could to make the night enjoyable for all of our guests and for ourselves!

Beautiful Day...

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Carolyn S

It's been a year since our wedding at Smithville Inn and people are still telling us how beautiful and amazing our wedding day was! The food was so incredible that night, and the service was perfect! The room itself has such rustic charm and we loved the wall of windows that... Read More reflected the candlelight... It was So romantic! The staff is so friendly and accommodating - and they know exactly how things should flow that planning everything was a breeze! We like to go back often and have dinner - and we always have to order the shrimp app we had during the cocktail hour!! So good!!!

Amazing Day!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Jennifer C

I can't say enough about this wonderful venue and staff. I just got married here and it was a beautiful and amazing day. Heather is organized, friendly and extremely helpful. Tony was great as well! The staff was attentive and always making sure we were having a great time. The... Read More food is also delicious! Our guests still tell us that it was one of the best weddings that they have ever been to. Between the dinner, dancing and beautiful atmosphere we had the perfect day! I highly recommend this venue to any future brides.

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Alexia M

My husband and I got married on 10/2/15 at The Smithville Inn and my experience was nothing short of phenomenal. From the second we booked our appointment to view the venue, we were made to feel like the most special people in the world. The venue itself is amazing. It is the... Read More perfect rustic and shabby chic venue. The shops at The Smithville Inn add a charming element for your guests. The outdoor ceremony area is absolutely beautiful no matter what time of year. The reception room is rustic, warm and charming. I wanted to avoid a country club look and this venue was absolutely perfect. I really don't even know where to start in writing this review because everything was so incredibly perfect, so I supposed I will start with our wedding coordinator, Heather Cramer. Heather is seriously the BEST. She answered every phone call, e-mail and message in a timely manner {and believe me, there were a TON of those}. She went above and beyond to make sure that our entire planning process and wedding day went off without a hitch. She was tremendously accommodating and catered to all of our wants and needs no matter how big or small. We dropped off an obscene amount of decorations the day before and every single detail was absolutely perfect. I realize I’ve used the word perfect a lot, but there really is no other word to describe our wedding day. I cannot speak highly enough of Heather and her staff. We got married the weekend of the hurricane. We originally planned to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outside but the weather had other plans. Heather assured me that everything would work out, and boy was she right! It was PERFECT. AMAZING. SENSATIONAL. The ceremony was moved indoors and the room looked absolutely stunning. After the ceremony, our guests were moved out toward the bar area and they turned the ceremony room over into the cocktail hour in minutes. Literally minutes. I was honestly blown away at how smooth the entire process went. If you are a bride who stresses over the idea of it possibly raining, this venue is for you. The food. The food was incredible. My guests are STILL raving about the food. Often times when venues are cooking in bulk, the food tends to suffer, but all of the dishes for the cocktail hour and ceremony were absolutely delicious. Not only was the food delicious, there was plenty of it. The variety that The Smithville Inn offers cannot be matched. I really cannot say enough about this venue and all of the employees who made our day so incredibly special. I HIGHLY recommend this venue. If I could go back, there is not a thing that I would change. Even with the wind and the rain, our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I have Heather and her staff at The Smithville Inn to thank for making our wedding day so amazing.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Leanne P

Our wedding went perfectly according to plan at the Smithville Inn. We did not have any complaints about how anything turned out. Heather's communication during the planning stage was very good and thorough. On the wedding day the venue was set up exactly how we would have... Read More wished, with no surprises or problems. One of the owners was on site as well and was very nice and helpful. I would recommend this venue to anyone. The food was also fantastic, including the cocktail hour and reception.

Picture perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kacey B

The Smithville Inn exceeded our expectations and made our wedding day feel like a fairy tale! The staff, especially Heather, our wedding coordinator, went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was the day of our dreams! They were all so friendly and helpful. All of our... Read More guests had the time of their lives (as did we) and the space was gorgeous - which made for great photos! I would recommend the Smithville Inn to anyone looking to plan their wedding!

Best Wedding Venue Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jaclyn H

I just recently got married at the Smithville Inn and I could not have been happier with anything. The ceremony was beautiful and the staff were beyond accomodating. The food was unbelievable and I every family member and friend I talked to raved about everything from the food... Read More to the service. Heather Cramer is the wedding planner at Smithville Inn and I can't say enough good things about her. She is so professional and organized all while being approachable and accomodating. I could have never planned my wedding without her!! I am so happy I chose Smithville Inn as my venue and can't wait to go back and visit!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Lisa Y

We were just recently married at the Smithville Inn three weeks ago. Heather was awesome from the planning to our magical evening. Our guests are still talking about our wedding and all the special touches. There is not one thing I would change. Everything went smooth from... Read More our planning, the food, lodging and Heather at the Inn was with us every step of the way. I would recommend this venue highly to any future couples!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Gina P

Heather at the smithville in beyond exceeded my expectations. No matter what I needed she was there. I ended up having bad weather and it didn't even matter because the ceremony and reception rooms were the most breathtaking rooms I have ever seen. Smithville is beyond your... Read More typical ballroom with carpets and a cut out wood dance floor, it's a vintage magical romantic setting that just cannot be compared. I can't even explain how effortless planning a wedding with heather and her team at the smithville in was for me. I would do it all again and again. Me and my husband now have the most beautiful memories and cannot wait to visit back and relive it forever.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Cara L

We had our wedding there on May 31st of 2015! The venue was incredible. Heather was extremely helpful, caring, and informative. She responded to questions right away and always worked with us. The service was great. The food was amazing. Overall the perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Rebecca C

Heather is an amazing planner and she really made our wedding incredible! What an amazing time we had at the Smithville Inn!! There were rave reviews about the food and the atmosphere. The location couldn't have been more perfect and it was decorated exactly how we... Read More envisioned. Heather took care of everything and it was a huge success!! We had the most amazing day and the Smithville Inn truly made it special! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to other brides and grooms!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Stephanie B

Heather did a great job! I couldn't have asked for a better venue to have a wedding! With its rustic charm my wedding was gorgeous.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Victoria S

We chose Smithville Inn for our wedding and reception location. Greatest choice ever. It had just what we were looking for as far as a more rustic feel. The grounds for the wedding were so beautiful. If I could do it all over again I would in a heart beat. The Staff here from... Read More the coordinators, bartender, and waiters and waitresses were awesome. Friendliest staff and so much fun. They truly made you and the guests feel super important. Everyone at the wedding raved about how easy going the whole night went, how well timed everything was and how attentive the staff was and friendly, they said that everyone there looked like they were happy to help! We had an incident where our groomsmen passed out during the ceremony and they were helpful to that situation even though it was a first for them. I wish I had gotten names of the staff working. The woman working our table never let me have a dry mouth! she was so sweet. Another woman helped make a bed for my three year old son who fell asleep during the reception. Just all around great service and a memorable night.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Blair P

We had our wedding at the Smithville Inn this past May and could not have been happier. The venue is gorgeous and has so much character. We were looking for a venue that was not the typical wedding ballroom, but that had all of the amenities we needed and Smithville was perfect.... Read More We were SO impressed with Heather, their wedding coordinator. She was always extremely friendly, organized, flexible and helpful. She answered all of my crazy emails in a timely manner and is clearly on top of her game. We absolutely loved working with her! Our wedding day was perfect and I knew we had nothing to worry about. The food was excellent - we received so many compliments. The staff was wonderful. Literally, everything about this venue is perfect. We would absolutely recommend it to anyone. Thanks for everything, Heather!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Lauren A

How can I even begin to describe the experience that I had with Heather and the Smithville Inn!? From the moment we met with Heather she was so friendly and helpful I knew this would be a fantastic experience. We had always known that we wanted to get married at Smithville Inn.... Read More From its rustic setting, friendly staff, beautiful grounds both inside and out, gorgeous gardens, and delicious food this venue is truly unique and worth every penny! Heather was awesome!!! She always kept in touch with us, helped us with any questions along the way and pretty much gave us the freedom to have the most beautiful and unforgettable day of our lives. We had both our ceremony (outside in the BEAUTIFUL garden) cocktail hour and reception here. The staffs attention to detail made me feel like I had no worry in world that day. If you decide to have your wedding or special event at The Smithville Inn you will not be disappointed one bit! Go for a tour today and you will fall in love!!!! <3

LOVE Smithville Inn

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Mary C

There is absolutely nothing bad to say about our time at the Historic Smithville Inn. Heather was fantastic. The day of our wedding we were faced with torrential downpours :( I was disappointed because you pick Smithville to be outside, but I guess you know you married the right... Read More person plus picked the right venue when everything turns out fine. Heather was very gentle with me having to be inside because of the rain but she always remained positive. Not only that but she pleasantly answered any questions I had, that day or during the whole process. I never felt like I was bothering her! Service was outstanding as was the food. We heard rave reviews (I mean of course we loved the food) and I found out later that one of the servers gave our ring bearer some ice cream to keep him occupied and the bartender kept giving my moh extra cherries in her drink! They went above and beyond. They catered to special requests (an anniversary cake for our cousins) and they even collected all of our flowers, decor, etc. at the end of the night so I didn't have to worry about it and we could pick it up the next day, which not every place does. Another perk, if this helps, is you can save a lot on decor costs because the space is so beautiful itself. We had flowers but you don't need a ton and we went pretty minimal on other details. I really don't think we could have picked a better place for us. I would highly recommend it and you know that, worst case scenario if you are stuck inside during a storm, it will be just as beautiful and magical as you had in your head the whole time!

Happy bride!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Alyssa F

We had our wedding at the Smithville Inn on 3/21/15 and the day was absolutely spectacular. We selected the Smithville Inn because we had a tight budget for the wedding. Their "offseason" wedding packages are extremely helpful to anyone with a smaller budget, as it included... Read More the cake & ceremony (since we opted to have the ceremony at the inn). Let me be clear -- this is easily the best wedding food you'll find. Not sure? Eat at Smithville for dinner, since it's of the same quality. We had a few hitches in the early stages of planning that were initially frustrating, but Heather Cramer was unbelievably helpful and went above and beyond to make our event flawless. The property is gorgeous -- the main room barely requires any decor at all, as it's beautiful already! Not only were we thrilled with our wedding, but our guests were too. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful the food is!

Beautiful Fall Wedding

Reviewed on 11/27/2014 Blake R

Our wedding at The Smithville Inn was beautiful! I was a little concerned at first since there was not much contact from the event planner and the week of the wedding she was very hard to get in touch with. BUT our wedding turned out awesome. Everything was so well put together... Read More and the food was delicious! They really know what they are doing over at the Inn. We were very pleased and all of our guests loved the venue.

beautiful venue

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Shannon S

My mother in law threw my surprise bridal shower at smithville inn. The food and everything was perfect and delicious. They were very attentive and on task with everything making it a very special moment.

Stunning Wedding

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Melissa O

There is one word to describe my wedding at the Smithville Inn and that is PERFECTION! We were floored by the smooth flow of the day....from before the ceremony to the end of the reception. Our guests were praising the scenery, the food, the service, the venue itself all night... Read More long. Heather and Gina were more than accommodating and were extremely helpful throughout the whole process. Any time I had a question, no matter how small, Heather was so prompt in returning my emails. I felt at ease that my day was going to be nothing short of amazing....and that it was! Not only was the weather absolutely perfect, but that court yard was like something out of a fairy tale. They factor the ceremony to be 30 minutes. Our ceremony was only 15 minutes and our guests were able to go into the cocktail hour 15 minutes early. Awesome! The food was delicious! Guests were coming up to us all night telling us that they thought the food was amazing....which made us feel even more wonderful than we already felt. To hear that everyone at the wedding had an amazing time, meant that we picked the perfect venue for our special day. I recommend the Smithville Inn to EVERYONE that is getting married. If you want a flawless wedding and a wedding done right, the Smithville Inn will make sure that all of your wishes will come true. Also, stay at the Colonial Inn for your wedding. It is super clean, convenient, quaint, and just perfect for the wedding weekend. I highly recommend it!!

Smithville Inn - Beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Shana D

We recently celebrated our wedding at Smithville Inn. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all on site, which was really convenient and fun for ourselves and our family and friends. Many out of town guests, including ourselves, were able to stay at the local B&B... Read More (Colonial Inn) which is within walking distance of the venue...such a great place to stay and make a fun weekend out of it. We were all able to take advantage of the many shops and things to do right there in the historic town of Smithville. Heather and Tony at Smithville Inn were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process....even down to the morning after the wedding! Each time we stopped in for a meeting with Heather, Tony always came over to greet us with a huge smile on his face! We would often take advantage of the restaurant and order a cup or bowl of the Crab Bisque and sit at the bar in their tavern...Hank, the best bar tender there, always made us our favorite cocktail (Old Fashioned). This became a tradition of ours throughout the planning process. It meant a lot to us to get married rained the night before, the morning of and throughout the earlier portion of the day on our wedding day. Smithville Inn had both the outside area set up for our ceremony and the inside area set up just in case. The rain stopped just in time to get some beautiful pictures outside/throughout the Historic Smithville area and we were able to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outside. Tony even said to me the morning after that he knew how much it meant to us to have our ceremony outside and he wanted to do whatever he could to make that happen for us! Ourselves, family and friends all had an amazing time! The food and drinks were delicious and plentiful! The bakery they use (Bake Works) also allowed us to think out of the box a bit with out cake...instead of a three tiered cake, they allowed us to break apart the tiers and we had a beautiful cake table set up with various cakes....which by the way were one of the best tasting wedding cakes we and our family and friends have ever had!!! The staff was more than accommodating! The venue itself is such a beautiful and historical setting...minimal extra décor is needed other than to personalize it a bit. We highly recommend Smithville a wedding venue, a restaurant, and bar/tavern.

Perfect venue for our wedding!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Laura C

Within a few minutes of our first tour of the Smithville Inn we knew this was our wedding venue. We booked within a couple days - a great decision. The event manager Heather, along with all the other staff, were great to work with. They make all the arrangements for your... Read More wedding so easy. They are laid back but know exactly what they are doing and are very professional. Emails with various questions were always answered promptly and accurately. By the time we got to our wedding day I knew I didn't need to worry about a thing. The day of the wedding was perfect - everything came together so beautifully. It was great to see all those little "pieces" that you spend time thinking about and planning in one place exactly how you envisioned them. Heather was great to have getting everyone lined up for the ceremony. Gina was ready to help with whatever we needed. Bartenders, servers and all the event staff were ready to help at the drop of a hat. Food, drinks, etc... were all GREAT. Food was served hot and fresh - not something you find at every wedding. You really get a lot for your money at this venue. Everything except your entertainment and photographer is included and you can't beat the prices. We are hearing great feedback from all our family and friends about the Smithville Inn and we couldnt agree with everyone more - this was the perfect venue for our wedding!! We will be back for events in the future.

quaint place for weddings of all sizes

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Tracee W

we had a small intimate immediate family only wedding and had a wonderful time - food was exceptional, they have a great staff / banquet coordinator Heather was always available for any concerns or questions. We did manage to get our outdoor ceremony done in the outdoor garden... Read More area before the rains came - but it didn't ruin our day the interior was decorated nicely in an autumn theme we were able to take pictures inside....My out of town family want to return to the village as a day trip and have dinner at the Inn again.

Smithville Inn

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Allison B

We were initially drawn to The Smithville Inn because it wasn't a typical wedding venue. There was so much vintage character in the building and its surroundings. When we met the banquet manager Heather Cramer I knew we would be in good hands! She had alot of great ideas and... Read More worked with us to make our whole vision come together. She worked with all of our vendors so the cake, band, and flowers were all arranged perfectly when I walked into the reception room. Heather is always easy to reach by phone or email. Oh and the food is amazing!

Picture Perfect!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Laura R

My husband and I had our reception at The Smithville Inn on June 29, 2013. Before booking here, I had visited 10 other places. The feeling I got when I walked into The Smithville Inn didn't even compare. It was like I knew the second we walked in that it was THE place! I have... Read More to say it was better than I ever could've imagined!! The reception room was set up exactly how I pictured in my head! We had forgot a few things that were supposed to be brought the day before and Heather was so understanding! I will say I was a little worried about the food since we requested a second tasting. Don't even worry about that!! The food was great and everyone was raving about cocktail hour. Heather really went above and beyond. We chose a spiked Arnold Palmer as our signature drink and she went as far as sweetening their unsweetened ice tea to make it happen! The courtyard and village are beautiful! We had reserved rooms at The Barn and The Colonial Inn so all guests could walk to their rooms. Fred and Ethel's was the perfect place for an after party. We used their bakery for our cake and it was amazing (that is coming from someone who has high cake standards)! We also used one of their recommended DJs, and he kept the party going all night. Have your wedding here, you won't be disappointed!!