The Smithville Inn

Smithville, NJ

Book Your Wedding with The Smithville Inn

A BALLROOM IN SMITHVILLE, NJ

The Smithville Inn is a historic venue on Lake Meone in Galloway, New Jersey. It offers an outdoor space for your ceremony surrounded by rustic woods that provide a charming natural atmosphere. If an indoor ceremony is more your speed take your vows in front of a giant hearth surrounded by warm candlelight. Located just 25 miles from Atlantic City, it's only a stone's throw away from a potential Wedding Day-eve bachelor or bachelorette party. Operating since 1787, The historic Smithville Inn has been making couples' dreams come true for centuries.

The Ballroom is where you and your guests will adjourn to celebrate the nuptials with a lavish dinner and dancing the night away under rustic beams and elegant chandeliers. With a maximum capacity of 120 guests, every single one will walk away with a memorable experience after spending their night of celebration surrounded by the scenic views of Lake Meone.

The Smithville Inn does have some special restrictions. All food and beverage must be handled by the venue; no outside vendors are allowed. The Smithville Inn also must approve all decorations and rice, birdseed and confetti are not permitted. Amplified music both indoors and out is fine but must end by 2 p.m. Alcohol must be handled by the venue; no outside alcohol vendors are allowed.

The Smithville Inn provides an impressive list of amenities including fully functional kitchen facilities, a coat check room and a bridal suite for the bridal party to get ready. A ceremony arch is provided for the ceremony and a spacious dance floor allows guests to cut loose. The linens, silverware and glassware are catered by The Smithville Inn along with the tables and chairs. It will handle setup and cleanup for your convenience and valet parking is given for the convenience of your guests.

There are three wedding packages available at The Smithville Inn. The Simple Elegance package includes a five-hour event with the cocktail hour and reception. A champagne toast and a personalized wedding cake is also available. An exquisite multi-course dinner will leave everyone satisfied. Choose from multiple hors d'oeuvres and a handsome selection of entrees including Ravioli Formaggio, seafood bisque, slow-roasted prime beef and Chicken Oscar among many others.

The Wedding Buffet package has a 50-guest minimum. It has a premium open bar service along with wine and champagne butler service. Some of the hors d'oeuvres include roast beef with caramelized onions, Ahi tuna cucumber and marinated chai beef skewers.

The Four-Hour package is a tad more limited, but still includes the multi-course elegant dinner and the cocktail hour and reception. Complimentary valet parking and the bridal suite are also included.

The Smithville Inn provides an on-site wedding coordinator, allowing you to relax and enjoy the celebration.

Discover the tradition of Timeless Romance...

Every bride and groom as well as their guests are treated like family at the Smithville Inn. Its cobblestone paths, charming gazebo, and outdoor terraces create marvelous backdrops for your reception, ceremony, and photographs.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Restaurant

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

1 N New York Road, Smithville, NJ (609) 652-7777

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Katie B

I was married at the Smithville Inn on Friday October 7th, 2016. My Wedding Day was the BEST DAY of my life and I owe many many thanks to the staff at the Smithville Inn. The venue itself is beautiful and exactly what my husband and I both imagined for our wedding day. Kyle and... Read More Ashley in the Banquet Department were absolutely amazing. I told Kyle at the rehearsal about the decorations I brought with me and where i would like them etc. He wrote nothing down and the next day I came in and everything was set up perfectly. They also let my groomsmen ride on mini firetrucks into the reception, which they were very excited about! They made us feel like the most special people in the world and they go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. We are so happy we chose this venue not only for the space, but for the staff. They deserve to be recognized. THANK YOU SMITHVILLE INN!

Beautiful Setting

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Em M

I just had my wedding at Smithville Inn on August 24th. The scenery behind the building and the surrounding area are beautiful, especially great for romantic pictures. The food served was delicious and there was a lot of it. The cashew chicken during cocktail hour was my... Read More favorite. The dinner was good, the only issue I had was that the vegetarian meal we had at our tasting was not the same as the meal that was served at the actual reception. The pasts dish replacement was not as nice as the original dish. The set up was done just the way I asked, the tables looked perfect. The head server was fantastic and kept coming over to us throughout the night to make sure we had drinks and everything we needed. Overall, the Inn did everything they could to make the night enjoyable for all of our guests and for ourselves!

Amazing Day!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Jennifer C

I can't say enough about this wonderful venue and staff. I just got married here and it was a beautiful and amazing day. Heather is organized, friendly and extremely helpful. Tony was great as well! The staff was attentive and always making sure we were having a great time. The... Read More food is also delicious! Our guests still tell us that it was one of the best weddings that they have ever been to. Between the dinner, dancing and beautiful atmosphere we had the perfect day! I highly recommend this venue to any future brides.

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Megan M

My husband and I were married at the Smithville Inn on 11/11/17. The banquet manager, Kyle, and the rest of the staff are amazing. Kyle has such a fun yet calming personality. We always looked forward to going to the Inn for wedding planning follow ups to see Kyle and Justine.... Read More Kyle and Justine made sure we were organized and ready for our event. We couldn’t have thrown such a perfect wedding without their help. The waitstaff were friendly and made sure our 140 guests were full and never thirsty. We are so happy to have gotten married at the Smithville Inn so we can go back to this special place for anniversaries. We would recommend anyone to get married there. It was an amazing experience and the staff were second to none.

Reviewed on 12/09/2017 Emily H

I was married in November at the Smithville Inn and couldn’t be happier with our entire wedding process and day! When it came to choosing a venue, I knew I couldn’t envision myself in your typical “ballroom” setting. I wanted something rustic, without being a barn, something... Read More romantic, without being gaudy, and something simple, without being boring. My fiancée and I looked at only one venue (The Smithville Inn) and knew it was the place for us. It was unique and beautiful. We met with Kyle (who even came in early, just to accommodate our schedule!). He answered all of our questions and made the decision to book the venue an easy one! Along the way, Kyle and Justine were available to answer any questions, offer advice, and make us feel comfortable and confident that our wedding day would be everything we dreamed of. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch. We can honestly say that we have zero complaints! Everything was exactly as we had asked for/envisioned. Our wedding guests all commented on how it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. We didn’t have to worry about a thing, thanks to Kyle, Justine, and their team’s professionalism, positive attitude, and go with the flow personalities. We can’t thank them enough for all they did!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Kristen K

We got married at Smithville Inn this fall and it was amazing! I found the venue online and after visiting I knew we were going to get married there. The venue is absolutely beautiful! One of my main concerns when booking a venue was having a good outdoor and back up indoor... Read More ceremony plan. Both the outside patio and indoor fireplace room are gorgeous ceremony options. Smithville Inn also had amazing suggested vendors that were located within the small town. Everything was walking distance to the venue – photo (Jonathon Peter Photography), florist (Pocket Full of Posies Florist), hair and make-up (Sublime Hair Boutique), hotel rooms (The Colonial Inn), and rehearsal dinner & after party celebration (Fred & Ethel’s Lantern Light Tavern). It was so nice to park your car for the weekend and not have to worry about driving anywhere! Kyle & Justine, the banquet managers are incredible! Their customer service is top-notch! They responded to every phone call and email so quickly, which made the planning process so much easier! Even our set up/take-down of the decorations was so smooth. You literally drop your boxes off and they will set up everything exactly how you want it and pack it up for you to pick up the morning after the wedding! Kyle and Justine were also the day of coordinators, making sure all our vendors were good and everything ran smoothly. They took care of every single detail for us! I couldn’t be more grateful for these guys!!!! The food at Smithville was AMAZING!! Our guests could not stop talking about it! The prime rib was huge and the shrimp and scallops were incredible! Smithville Inn gave me the wedding of my dreams! I would definitely recommend them, you will not be disappointed!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Ernie M

We were married at the Smithville Inn September 2017 and the wedding could not have been better. From the first time we visited, Kyle and the staff was warm, helpful, and accommodating , They were incredibly patient with us as we called often with numerous questions and... Read More they made great suggestions when we needed. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch. However, we were comfortable in the confidence we had that Smithville would be ready whatever situation may have arose. The food is excellent and the town is full of charm. We look forward to revisiting over the years.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Ernie M

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Jen A

I just love smithville and having my October wedding there was a dream come true! Kyle and Justine in the banquet department did an amazing job at making sure all the little details were perfect. They also helped me coordinate a surprise for my hubby when we had his brother fly... Read More in from Germany and surprise him at the rehearsal dinner! Food was amazing and everyone raves about how much fun and how wonderful everything was! Will b

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Katie Weir W

Where do I even begin - The Smithville Inn without a doubt helped give me and my husband the greatest wedding ever. We married on October 6th and people are still calling talking about how much fun they had. Kyle and Ashley helped us through literally every detail. As the months... Read More went on, I found myself emailing almost every day like a nut job and they always answered quickly. When I brought it everything to be decorated Kyle knew my vision immediately and I couldn't believe how amazing everything looked. He knew exactly what style I was going for and had no problem changing things on the fly. Our rehearsal was quick and easy and his calm, happy demeanor made me relaxed. My mom and bridesmaid loved him and he directed everyone so well. Everyone at the dinner service was outstanding as well, they were lovely and kept communication with me throughout the night. They were so sweet. Oh, also, Justine was such a trooper making sure the whole night went smoothly and helped bustle my dress which took 20 minutes lol. And the food was INSANELY good, oh my god we still talk about it. Just outstanding, honestly I want everyone to get married here because of how perfect everything was. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Sharon M

The Smithville Inn was such a unique and beautiful place to celebrate the best day of our lives! Our ceremony was outdoors with the beautiful background of the lake and the reception inside in the lovely rustic ballroom with floor to ceiling windows. So much better than the... Read More typical country club wedding! This place has history and character. The food is sooo good and the staff is so helpful and nice. They really take care of you. So much is included in their wedding package too! They really don’t nickel and dime you like other venues we looked at. They include a beautiful and delicious wedding cake from the bakeworks in northfield also. We knew nothing about weddings when we first met with Kyle, one of our wedding planners there, but in only a short time I was certain that our wedding would be great and all our needs and wants met. As we got closer to the big day we worked a lot with Justine, wedding planner extraordinaire! She led our rehearsal, made sure all our decor was set up perfectly, and kept the day running incredibly smooth. I can’t say enough good things about Justine and the Smithville Inn. We had an amazing day and the memories will be with us forever!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Rebecca D

We got married at Smithville Inn this past Sunday, and cannot say enough great things about this amazing venue! The historic, rustic feel is perfect, and there's no need to over-decorate for the ceremony or reception. Plus, the inn, and Smithville Village in general is a super... Read More fun backdrop for pictures. The staff at Smithville Inn is INCREDIBLE; Kyle and Justine were very organized, friendly, and willing to do anything to make our day a dream come true (leading up to AND during our big day). The serving staff is just as wonderful. I wish I could relive our wedding day over and over at Smithville Inn. Thank you all!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Stacy N

We booked The Smithville Inn for our wedding on 7/7/17 and our experience was nothing short of amazing. The whole experience was absolutely fantastic. Everyone was so helpful at all times and always so nice! The day of Kyle absolutely knocked it out of the park! He was there... Read More always checking on me to make sure I was good and didn't need anything. He made sure everything went smoothly and went above and beyond for us. The place was absolutely beautiful and everything we wanted. Our guests rave (still) about how amazing the food was and how beautiful the grounds were. We love The Smithville Inn and having our wedding there was pure perfection !! We'd give them 10 stars if it was allowed !

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Laura v

We got married here in July 2017 and it was incredible. Our guest couldn't stop saying how cute the bed and breakfast rooms were and how fun the little village was. The large windows in the Smithville Inn are an amazing backdrop to the wedding pictures. The food is fantastic and... Read More Kyle did a great job making everything run smoothly.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Shana D

My husband and I were married at the Historic Smithville Inn on June 17, 2017. Kyle & Ashley were amazing wedding planners from start to finish. Both were attentive to make sure the wedding was exactly what my husband and I had envisioned. The ceremony, cocktail hour and grand... Read More ballroom were gorgeous. All of the staff and servers catered to us and our guests the entire night and guests are still raving about the food! Smithville Inn has been one of our favorite places to go for lunch/dinner and brunch. I would highly recommend this venue for any special occasion you are having. The planners and staff were highly professional, accommodating, responded back in a timely manner and couldn't be more friendly. Our wedding was hands down the best day of our lives and Smithville Inn played a HUGE part in that. It was not only memorable for us, but for our guests as well. We cannot thank Smithville Inn enough. We love you guys!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Meredith B

The Smithville Inn was a wonderful venue for our wedding. Ashley and Kyle were very helpful in making our day just as we had envisioned. They worked hard to set up our decorations and made the day flow smoothly. The food was wonderful and the service impeccable. The event... Read More space is beautiful and offers flexibility from the traditional. We had a wonderful wedding here and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Erin S

AMAZING!!!! Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Kyle and all of the staff at The Smithville Inn! When I was stress, Kyle got me a glass of white wine. When the wedding was done, the staff helped us pack everything us super quick and made everything just so easy! It also... Read More helped that the venue is absolutely gorgeous! My guests said it was a venue like no other, as it was so rustic and romantic. I highly recommend this place for a rustic wedding!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Samantha C

The Smithville Inn did a great job hosting my wedding. Ashley and Kyle helped make my wedding day run smoothly! Kyle even helped my husband with his boutineer and pocket square. All around great people and a beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Elizabeth L

All my husband and I dreams came true last night at our wedding at the Smithville Inn! There is nothing I can say that would describe how wonderful EVERYTHING was! Honestly just perfect!! Kyle and Ashley are just amazing! They are just on the ball! Everyone there treats you like... Read More family. Best day of our lives, and we can not thank Smithville enough !!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Caitlin A

Very accomidating! It rained up until 30 minutes before my ceremony and they set up the indoor and outdoor. The staff wiped down all the chairs outside and we were able to do the ceremony outside! Food was amazing! Soooooo much food too! Heather was great to plan with! Always... Read More available to answer any questions. Wait staff during the reception were on it. Everytime i sat down, the waitress came and asked what i wanted to drink! Prime rib and crab Cakes were excellent. I have to mention the food again. The decoration and display of everthing i handed over to them the night before was flawless! I love all the windows. Beautiful, comfortable setting. No problems. I would reccomend this venue to everyone! Thanks so much for the best party ever!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Grace R

Our wedding at the Smithville Inn turned out to be beautiful even though the weather wasn't that great. The rooms are rustic with gorgeous views of the outdoors and the lake and the food was delicious. Everything was so easy to plan with Ashley and Heather's help. They were... Read More fantastic to work with. I would highly reckons them for anything- weddings, showers, parties, etc. cows couldn't have asked for a better day!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Leighann B

Simply put: the "wedding planner" and her "assistant" lost paperwork on our wedding date 11/11 (Veterans Day) my fiancé Is a marine. They gave it away without our knowledge. I had to call to find out they gave away the date. They said "we don't have paper work on you" two... Read More minutes later "we did call you and you said you didn't want the date" Please don't insult my intelligence or anyone else's for that matter. They were completely unapologetic in the matter. My criticisms were called inappropriate by the head wedding planner. Pretty sure the first job of a wedding planner is to secure paperwork on her clients. Don't believe me check Yelp I put a screenshot of the conversation with the head wedding planner. Don't give this business your money go elsewhere they shouldn't be in the wedding business. I was a frequent visitor of smithville since I was a child, this was my dream venue. But honestly, it's gone down hill. Locals have even said the inn has gone south. Please I implore you not to waste your time or money here. Unless you want to be stressed out by incompetent staff on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Alexia M

My husband and I got married on 10/2/15 at The Smithville Inn and my experience was nothing short of phenomenal. From the second we booked our appointment to view the venue, we were made to feel like the most special people in the world. The venue itself is amazing. It is the... Read More perfect rustic and shabby chic venue. The shops at The Smithville Inn add a charming element for your guests. The outdoor ceremony area is absolutely beautiful no matter what time of year. The reception room is rustic, warm and charming. I wanted to avoid a country club look and this venue was absolutely perfect. I really don't even know where to start in writing this review because everything was so incredibly perfect, so I supposed I will start with our wedding coordinator, Heather Cramer. Heather is seriously the BEST. She answered every phone call, e-mail and message in a timely manner {and believe me, there were a TON of those}. She went above and beyond to make sure that our entire planning process and wedding day went off without a hitch. She was tremendously accommodating and catered to all of our wants and needs no matter how big or small. We dropped off an obscene amount of decorations the day before and every single detail was absolutely perfect. I realize I’ve used the word perfect a lot, but there really is no other word to describe our wedding day. I cannot speak highly enough of Heather and her staff. We got married the weekend of the hurricane. We originally planned to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outside but the weather had other plans. Heather assured me that everything would work out, and boy was she right! It was PERFECT. AMAZING. SENSATIONAL. The ceremony was moved indoors and the room looked absolutely stunning. After the ceremony, our guests were moved out toward the bar area and they turned the ceremony room over into the cocktail hour in minutes. Literally minutes. I was honestly blown away at how smooth the entire process went. If you are a bride who stresses over the idea of it possibly raining, this venue is for you. The food. The food was incredible. My guests are STILL raving about the food. Often times when venues are cooking in bulk, the food tends to suffer, but all of the dishes for the cocktail hour and ceremony were absolutely delicious. Not only was the food delicious, there was plenty of it. The variety that The Smithville Inn offers cannot be matched. I really cannot say enough about this venue and all of the employees who made our day so incredibly special. I HIGHLY recommend this venue. If I could go back, there is not a thing that I would change. Even with the wind and the rain, our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I have Heather and her staff at The Smithville Inn to thank for making our wedding day so amazing.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Leanne P

Our wedding went perfectly according to plan at the Smithville Inn. We did not have any complaints about how anything turned out. Heather's communication during the planning stage was very good and thorough. On the wedding day the venue was set up exactly how we would have... Read More wished, with no surprises or problems. One of the owners was on site as well and was very nice and helpful. I would recommend this venue to anyone. The food was also fantastic, including the cocktail hour and reception.

Picture perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kacey B

The Smithville Inn exceeded our expectations and made our wedding day feel like a fairy tale! The staff, especially Heather, our wedding coordinator, went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was the day of our dreams! They were all so friendly and helpful. All of our... Read More guests had the time of their lives (as did we) and the space was gorgeous - which made for great photos! I would recommend the Smithville Inn to anyone looking to plan their wedding!