The Society Room of Hartford

Hartford, CT

Where Elegance meets Excellence...

Classic Style...The Society Room of Hartford provides a dramatic and unforgettable backdrop for your wedding. Marble, limestone, brass and bronze accents adorn the Society Ballroom, as a sweeping staircase flows down from the 3,000 sq. ft. balcony showcasing the grandest of entrances.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

31 Pratt Street, Hartford, CT (860) 524-0796

Bride

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Jessica S

Wow! That is all I can say! (No, I can say a lot more, hehe). The Society Room hosted my wedding in July 2013. It was amazing!! Dana and her staff were so supportive. I emailed Dana with a ton of questions and she awlays got back to me right away. (That is very important as a... Read More bride!) They venue itself is gorgeous and the food was amazing! I have been waiting my whole life for my wedding day and they truly made my dream come true. Its been about 7 months since my wedding and people still come to me saying it was one of the best wedding they have ever been to. I would tell anyone to have their wedding at The Society Room. If you are looking for something beautiful and unique with amazing food and service-you have found your place!

AMAZING Venue!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Amy C

The Society Room is an amazing venue! The staff is great & professional, the food is to die for & the venue itself is simply gorgeous!!! The whole experience was beyond just having a wedding in a banquet hall - we had a hand crafted event in 1920's bank with our own personal... Read More service staff on a cobblestone street in Hartford! It is different & unique to every couple! And the chef? They have an amazing menu as it is, but they will customize everything you need and it tasted beyond anything I have ever had at a wedding! Our wedding was the best wedding I have ever been to! Highly recommend!!!!

Stunning!

Reviewed on 12/16/2013 Jennifer K

Completely unique venue in the heart of downtown Hartford. Location can't be beat for urban wedding - our guests could walk less than 2 blocks to either of our hotels. If you are looking for something with art deco/historical vibe, you can't beat this in CT.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Emily N

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. We worked with Kirsten who was SO on her game and absolutely perfect. The food was absolutely spectacular, our guests couldn't stop raving about how unique and beautiful the venue was, and our bridal attendant was a life... Read More saver. The best part for me was that all we had to do was show up - there was not one thing we had to do the weekend of the wedding - they have everything exactly as it should be. We even had a hiccup with a vendor before the reception that the operations team took care of before we even got there and we never even knew it happened. I will recommend this to any and every bride and groom - you will not regret your decision if you choose the Society Room. I wish I could relive it again and again.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Alyssa H

The Society Room was the most PERFECT place to have our elegant evening wedding in June, 2017! Kirsten was so professional and helpful every step of the way. She was extremely prompt and always made sure to answer all of our questions and help out wherever she could. We honestly... Read More forgot she even had other weddings to coordinate, she was that attentive to us! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, and everyone who came to our wedding was completely blown away. The night went very smoothly and the staff was very organized and professional. My husband and I simply could not have been happier with how everything turned out. Thank you Society Room for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Elissa W

The Society Room did a fabulous job! They had everything covered on our big day down to the small details which let us enjoy the evening with each other and our guests. The space itself is truly gorgeous and fit to host a wedding for a Royal family. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Clare D

If you are looking for the wow factor, then the Society Room is it. My husband and I had our reception at The Society Room and everything was amazing! All of our guests were wowed by the venue! The food was also delicious! We highly recommend The Society Room for your next... Read More event!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Rebecca P

The Society Room was the most amazing place we could have chosen for our June 2017 wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, all of our guests were wowed by the decor and speechless as they entered. The staff was incredibly helpful and patient throughout the whole planning... Read More process, and worked tirelessly to assure that our day was the most spectacular day ever! The food of course is also amazing, and was loved by everyone. I would highly recommend the Society Room as a wedding venue to anyone who is looking to get married in Hartford, it truly exceeded all of my expectations, and I had planned my wedding and been engaged for three years before the big day!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Elizabeth C

From the beginning I knew this was the venue that my husband would end up choosing. The character the SR has speaks for itself. If you want a timeless, romantic and unique venue to hold your special event, then this is your venue. As far as the SR team everyone I worked with was... Read More lovely and kind from our coordinator Kirsten who guided us thru every step of the way to the wedding day staff! Having my wedding at the SR was the best decision ever!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Lacey T

We got married at the Society Room exactly one month ago today, and we could not have been happier with everything. I've honestly been trying to figure out how to capture the perfection of the Society Room aptly, and while I don't think any words would do it justice, I'm going... Read More to do my best to try. The space itself is gorgeous. There's nothing else like it in Connecticut, and it's richness and grandeur is evident the moment you step inside. You will be in the best hands. From the moment we started planning with Kirsten (shout out to her especially...she answered our million questions and made us feel so comfortable), to the day of operations team, to our bridal attendant that was always where we needed her during the wedding (thank you a million, Melissa!), they are absolute perfection. As someone who may be a bit of a control freak, I had every confidence in the world that this team would handle everything expertly, and they did not let me down. They delivered in ways I couldn't have predicted, from setting up our Photo Booth in the vault, to the way they set up all of our decor, to running and grabbing a few items from the bridal suite for us (twice!) to handling an issued with a guest -- just everything was taken care of in the best possible way. The food was fantastic! All of our guests raved about the appetizers and entrees. Go for the late night fry station, it was a huge hit! All in all we could not have picked a better location for our wedding and if you're aiming for an elegant, classy wedding, this is the place for you!! Thank you again to the entire staff! Wish we could do it again!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 amanda m

The Society Room is the perfect place for your wedding if you don't want to stress and if you want someplace with amazing food and an incredible atmosphere. I'm not the type of bride who thinks about the little things and Kristin and Jillian/Melissa basically made sure... Read More everything was on schedule and where it needed to be and pretty much held my hand the entire process. My day was stress free bc of them bc I knew they had it under control. Everything was perfect and I would 10 times out of 10 recommend them.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Camille V

We recently had our reception at the Society Room and were extremely satisfied with everything there! First of all, the decor is just stunning. So much character and elegance. Our guests kept raving about it. Second, the price was right and included the wedding cake, which... Read More just made things that much easier. Third, every single person who dealt with us from the Society Room was so helpful, personable, understanding, patient and accommodating. They were so organized and detail-oriented which is just what every bride needs to guide her through the process. They all made things so seamlesss. Fourth, my other vendors were extremely familiar with the Society Room. They also felt comfortable asking the staff questions directly, without me having to be the middle person. Again, it made everything so easy! Fifth, the food was delicious. My husband is a foodie and he loved everything! I would highly recommend this venue for any event. We wish we could re-live our reception there!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kaleigh E

This venue really has it all. They take care of so many things along the way. We were planning our wedding from 2,000 miles away and it was as stress free as it could be - largely because of the staff at the Society Room. The venue itself is gorgeous and the food was fantastic.... Read More You can't go wrong with their suggested vendors either.

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Gina Z

Our wedding was at The Society Room on March 25th and it was absolutely AMAZING! The staff there made the planning process so easy and took care of everything for us. They were so kind and made us feel like royalty! All of our guests were floored by how beautiful the venue is... Read More and how delicious the food was. They still can't stop talking about how great it was! I always thought an experience like this would be way out of our budget, but The Society Room makes it affordable by including the food, open bar, and even cake in the price per head. That really helped us save on vendors and know what we were spending upfront. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Fiona E

My husband and I had our reception at The Society Room of Hartford just this past Saturday March 11th, 2017! The entire team at SR did an absolutely fantastic job but start to finish. We planned our reception with them in 7 months and everything went perfectly. Our guests cannot... Read More say enough about the beauty of the venue, the food and the service. It was absolutely top-notch. Once we booked the SR for our March wedding, everything else about our wedding theme fell into place. We used the Cottage area for our cocktail hour which has the vibe of an Irish or English pub and the ballroom for our reception which had a very old world appeal. Because of the ornate ceiling and beautiful design of the room, not much else is really needed so we kept it very simple, using gold candelabras rather than floral centerpieces. This allowed us to keep our budget down as well and added more light and ambiance to the ballroom. The staff at the SR were absolutely fantastic, making sure we had everything we needed. Kirsten was a dream to work with in our planning stages and always had a quick answer to our questions. I can't say enough about our experience with the Society Room and I will continue to highly recommend it as an event venue to everyone I know. Fiona Ellis

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Nicolette C

The Society Room and their staff were magnificent! The venue is gorgeous and very unique, which is exactly what I was looking for. Kirsten & Jillian were extremely organized, helpful, and very professional from the very beginning. They would send emails throughout the... Read More planning process, which helped keep me on track. The day of our wedding they were accommodating and made sure my husband and I were taken care of throughout the whole night. I can honestly not say enough great things about the Society Room! I highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Lucas S

The Society Room exceeded our expectations on all accounts. The building is gorgeous, which is why we initially chose it, and we're so glad we did. Jillian and Kirsten were so responsive to emails during the planning process and made planning a wedding from thousands of miles... Read More away much less stressful. On the day of, all of the staff were so helpful and the whole event ran very smoothly. We received so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful setting and delicious food (the mini tacos were a fan favourite) and were told several times it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. I would wholeheartedly recommend it!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Megan M

We can’t say enough wonderful things about our reception at Society Room in November. The Venue alone is just stunning and there is no other place in CT like it. The staff is professional, attentive and extremely detailed oriented. At times where we felt overwhelmed with the... Read More planning process, the SR team was responsive, clear and very helpful. Our guests LOVED the food and ambiance- They still talk about it, two months later! The cocktail hour on the Mezzanine is a stunner and really set the mood for the night. We have been to probably 50 weddings around the area and we wanted something different and not the typical wedding factory look, and the SR checked ALL the boxes for us. Very happy with the event and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful and unique space in Connecticut!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Melissa A

My husband and I have been to 25 weddings together, and maybe we are a little biased, but our wedding at The Society Room was the best one yet! Gorgeous venue, great food, and wonderful people. All of the staff is experienced and incredibly professional. From the moment we... Read More booked our wedding, the sales team (Kirsten and Jillian) began working to make sure our wedding day turned out exactly how we wanted. They are so organized and detail-oriented, and kept our wedding planning on track. It was so reassuring to know that they had all of details worked out, so that when the wedding day arrived we could just relax and enjoy. The operations team, servers and all of the other staff that were there on the evening of our wedding were amazing. We even had one staff member (Jonna) who was there to make sure we were taken care of, and that we relaxed, ate, had everything we needed! Our guests loved the food, and had so many nice things to say about the venue and the service. We cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day so amazing!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Anna B

We had chosen the Society Room in Hartford as our wedding venue and we were so happy with how everything turned out. Kirsten and Jillian, the wedding sales team, were so helpful and kind, and very patient throughout the whole process. They made such to do their very best to make... Read More our very special day exactly the way we pictured it and it turned out to be more than we could imagine. The rest of the staff at the society room were so kind and generous and truly a pleasure. We are so grateful to have had such a wonderful team helping and working with us. This is one beautiful venue and the people working there are great!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Nicole D

We had our wedding here on August 19 and everything from the planning process through the big day was absolutely wonderful. They take care of so many aspects of the reception and really help you with making decisions and setting deadlines so by the time the wedding arrives,... Read More there's nothing to stress about! The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is organized and professional. Our bridal attendant, Johna, was on top of everything on our wedding day and was a huge help to us and our bridal party. I would highly recommend the Society Room!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Michelle G

The Society Room was simply PERFECT! We worked really closely with Kirsten during the planning process and she was fantastic. Always quick to reply to emails, open to our ideas and very accommodating. The wedding night was truly amazing. Everything ran smoothly without any... Read More hiccups. The Society Room also has great partnerships with CT vendors and planning was a breeze. Our guests were wowed by the venue itself, the service, and the food!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Leykia B

I had THE best day of my life (so far!) because of the staff at the Society Room. This venue is magnificent and decadent- golden details, curving staircases, nooks, fireplaces and more... The venue speaks for itself, so I won't spend much time detailing it. What I want to say... Read More here, however, is that the staff is so warm, thoughtful, assuring, and professional. There is not a single ask that we had that went unaccommodating. We had NO, and I mean NO worries about the venue being set and ready on our special day in the exact way that we wanted. The food was so delicious and I cannot tell you how many people came to us after the wedding to say how great both the food and staff were. I can't stress enough how thoughtful Jillian and Kirsten were- they even set a birthday card to our 7 year old and expressed their excitement is helping him get to the big day as the ring bearer. To be honest, we had such a good time at the Society Room that all we want is to do it all again... Our parents even mentioned celebrating their 50th anniversary there! Amazing! I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. For the price, the service you get is outstanding- we had someone t make sure we at, had drinks, someone to even wipe my tears before I walked down the aisle. The staff packed all our stuff up at the end of the night and left our cake in boxes for us. They made sure we were SO well taken care of. I cannot even express my gratitude. Please, please consider this place if you are looking for an elegant, stress free, and fabulous wedding venue!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Gina R

We can't say enough about the venue, staff, food, and location. The staff is attentive, insightful, and they listen. They are not trying to get to you to "just do it how they do it" (which was our experience meeting with other venues). They are interested in giving you YOUR... Read More wedding how you envision it. At the same time the staff do not shy away from sharing their insight from their many years of experience. A winning combination. The food is exceptional. We had a nightmarish experience with Creative Cakes by Donna, so I recommend going with the other person, Kim. Even the unacceptable treatment and cake outcome couldn't damper the wonderful event. And The Society Room was very helpful in dealing with this vendor issue. If you are looking for a stunning, well maintained historical venue that is NOT A TREK and close to a great hotel, look no further. This place is the best!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Katie G

We had our wedding at the Society Room on August 5th. It was the best decision. From the absolutely gorgeous setting to amazing food and wonderful staff, we could not have pictured a more perfect venue. I loved the staircase entry, beautiful bridal suite, cocktail hour on the... Read More mezzanine, and just overall setting of the Society Room. It is breathtaking. Kirsten and Jillian (wedding sales managers) were beyond knowledgeable, accommodating, and helpful planning the wedding down to the very last detail and Desmond (day of operations manager) was amazing helping us out on the rehearsal and day of our wedding right down to bustling my dress. I had trouble writing this review because I can't find the words to do it justice. This venue is just perfect. Best, Katie and Ak