The Society Room of Hartford

Hartford, CT

Where Elegance meets Excellence...

Classic Style...The Society Room of Hartford provides a dramatic and unforgettable backdrop for your wedding. Marble, limestone, brass and bronze accents adorn the Society Ballroom, as a sweeping staircase flows down from the 3,000 sq. ft. balcony showcasing the grandest of entrances. The Society Room can host up to 300 guests for your wedding. Areas/rooms available for ceremony, cocktail hour, bridal suite, groomsmen room and dramatic photo locations.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

31 Pratt Street, Hartford, CT (860) 524-0796
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 4/03/2018 Cara K

We had a BLAST!! Our brunch wedding was this past Saturday, 3/31. Our coordinator Melissa V., our attendant Melissa, and Cecilia were phenomenal. The day was absolutely perfect from start to finish. There are always a few unexpected hiccups, but all of the staff were there to... Read More smooth things out the entire way. They are all utmost professionals and are the best at what they do. Melissa V. was so helpful and responsive to all of my questions and happily accommodated my many trips to the venue with my family, photographer, musicians etc. prior to the big day. Cecilia was one of my favorite parts of the actual wedding day! She had everyone exactly in place, was perfectly on schedule and is on top of every single detail. She is superwoman! Our attendant Melissa was so gracious and kind; it was the best to feel like someone was there watching out for us to make sure we had food and drinks, or if there was literally anything we could possibly need. I've been receiving rave reviews from our guests about the food and the gorgeous venue ever since; a few people have said it was one of of the best weddings they've ever attended. Most importantly, TSR staff made the entire experience as stress-free as possible so my husband and I were able to have an amazing day full of love, friends and family!

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Leah L

We just got married this past weekend at the Society Room, and it was amazing! The staff was so thorough and worked hard to make sure the night went off without a hitch! Food is delicious, especially the cocktail hour food! When I first saw the venue online, I thought that it... Read More was so beautiful that the photos had to be photoshopped. The venue is just as gorgeous in person! Our guests had nothing but amazing things to say! Thanks, Society Room!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Stephanie H

We recently had a large wedding at the society room (249 final head count) The Society Room and their team was great from start to finish. They were prompt in answering questions, accommodating and most importantly in executing our day. No major complaints. Food was excellent... Read More and they seem to know how to run big functions and making sure everyone is happy.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Jeffrey K

My husband and I got married at the Society Room on 11/17/17 and it was incredible!! The whole evening went so perfect and all because the Society Room of Hartford staff was is a well oiled machine! I cannot say enough nice things about Melissa, Celia, and Desmond. They think of... Read More everything! Beautiful decor, amazing service, and friendly staff make the Society Room an amazing place to get married! I would highly recommend to anyone planning on having a wedding!

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Kara P

Amazingly beautiful venue with the best staff around! The Society Room catered to every need we had and answered every question promptly. Cannot say enough good things about Melissa, Desmond and Cecilia. The wedding was perfect.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Courtney G

From the first time we met Kirsten and the rest of the team at The Society Room of Hartford, we were blown away by their expertise, service and ability to work with our vision for our wedding. I’ll admit, we were a little difficult when insisting on a few parts of our wedding.... Read More With grace and aplum, the team at Society Room accommodated every single request they possibly could, going above and beyond when it came to pre-booking communications, concessions from their kitchen and service team, everything was the absolute top tier of service. And the venue… what an incredible, unique, elegant, opulent, awe-inspiring space! It was timeless, classic and warm and perfectly fit the European princess vision. We had 180 guests at our wedding, so we put the younger folks on the second floor and they all came down to dance after dinner and the rest of our guests fit very comfortably on the first floor with a 7 piece band and large dance floor. We missed most of our cocktail hour but snuck a peak at the setup while we were taking photos and again, above and beyond what was discussed as the vision, they took everything to the next level and exceeded expectations at every turn. We had a server attend to us the entire night, and service for all our guests seemed smooth, courteous and plentiful. My husband works in the restaurant industry, so food was of major importance to him when it came time to plan our wedding. The open house evening where we were allowed to taste all their hors’ d’ouevres and many of their entrees was such a smart, unique way to invite all brides and grooms for the upcoming season to try the food, and see the space set up for an actual wedding to help initiate ideas about how our reception would look. We had some feedback on the food and the team was happy to change things, while working within the strengths of their chef, and even offered a tasting of the updated menu items in a few ways so we could taste and decide on a final menu. All the food was delicious from the exceptional cocktail hour, to dinner and fantastic late night snacks. We were both looking for a transformative space to celebrate with our loved ones. We found that in the Society Room, alongside an incredibly trained staff and an exceptional wedding planning crew that made planning our wedding reception as seamless as possible. Kirsten and Melissa were with us every step of the way. They answered emails immediately, were creative to make sure my wedding vision came to life perfectly, and addressed all of my concerns thoroughly. The hardest part about having our wedding in that space was getting everyone to leave and go to the after party. We cannot recommend The Society Room of Hartford enough!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Christine M

A beautiful venue and Melissa and the rest of the employees were fantastic to work with! They are meticulously organized and efficient. If a concern came up, they addressed it immediately- although there were hardly any concerns. I planned my wedding from Michigan and they were... Read More so flexible, and as my wedding came closer and my anxiety went up, they were calm, reassuring, and answered my several questions in a timely manner. Thank you all again so much!

Reviewed on 12/22/2017 Elizabeth d

The Society Room is one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen. We had the most prefect wedding. The food was incredible, the service was outstanding. The staff, especially Kirsten was amazing. I wish I could go back and relive that day again. Choosing the Society Room... Read More you will not have to worry about a single thing the entire day, they took care of everything, even helping me with things I never would have thought of. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Jessica B

We had our wedding at the Society Room about one month ago and it was amazing. We had an American & Indian fusion wedding with both ceremonies on site. Everything was flawless. Kirsten, Cecilia, Desmond & the whole staff were super helpful. Everything was perfect & efficient.... Read More Cannot say enough!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Ashley S

The Society Room is the perfect place to get married! The entire process was stress free. Throughout the year we worked with Melissa who was absolutely fantastic. She was prompt to respond to any of our questions and worked with us to make the day ours. The night of our wedding... Read More ran so smoothly! The staff was so fun and accommodating, we never felt rushed and we had plenty of time to eat! Our personal attendant Jonna made sure we were taken care of the whole night. She made sure we had drinks, that we ate, and kept us on schedule. She did the thinking for us so we could enjoy the night. I would highly recommend the Society Room :)

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Nicole T

We had a wonderful experience at the Society Room! If you're looking for a venue that's not a sterile, boring ballroom... this is the place for you. The staff was excellent to work with, and the venue was beautifully decorated by the time we arrived. Can't recommend more.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Katie D

We absolutely had the best experience with The Society Room. Kirsten, their Wedding Sales Manager, was a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful from start to finish. She remained present during the entire process by responding quickly to questions and ensuring follow-up.... Read More The process was very organized, which made planning a huge event much easier. Kirsten and staff were very helpful the week leading up to the wedding with closing the loop. They took great care of us the day of the wedding providing drinks and food as needed. The venue was gorgeous and timeless. Many wedding guests complimented the food stating it was one of the best dinners they have had. Overall, I cannot say enough to describe how wonderful our experience was.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Caley E

We got married last weekend and held our reception at the Society Room. I couldn't even wait a week to write a review about how incredibly amazing they are! The venue is stunning and the food is to die for, but what really sets them apart is their amazing staff. Kirsten and... Read More Melissa were with me every step of the way. They answered emails immediately, were creative to make sure my wedding vision came to life perfectly, and addressed all of my concerns thoroughly. The day of, the three managers took care of everything. Jonna made sure that my fiance and I got appetizers in the bridal suite, sat and ate our dinner and never had to wait in line for a drink. At the end of the night, they packed everything up for me and brought it out the car for my dad. They attended to every single thing before I could even think of it and ensured that I had the most relaxing and fun night! I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. They are incredible!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Jennifer C

From the moment I visited the Society Room, I fell in love with how beautiful it is. It has a very romantic, elegant ambience. The sales staff is very friendly and responsive to my many e-mails throughout the planning process. The venue offers a mock wedding which I really... Read More enjoyed. At the mock wedding, you get to see the venue set up for a “wedding” and try every hors d’ourve and meal option. This was great because some things I thought I’d love, I didn’t. And some things I wouldn’t have considered, I loved. The hors d’ourves were amazing (my favorite was a mini smoked gouda corn chowder boule, so good. The BBQ braised short rib was also amazing as a meal choice, everyone loved it). For the week of the wedding, I loved that I filled out all of the paperwork and boxed all my reception items ahead of time to drop off and review at the final meeting. It was a relief to drop of the reception items early. The actual wedding was amazing. I had both my ceremony and reception there. They have a beautiful staircase for the bride to walk down before going down the aisle. As for pictures, we took most of our pictures right outside on Pratt street which was a great option. There is also a very cool, old bank vault that guests liked taking photos in. The reception ran wonderfully; I had an attendant Jonna who was very attentive, got me drinks all night, brought my veil to the bridal suite for me, and just checked in to make sure I was doing okay. At the end of the night, all of my boxes were packaged up and we were able to cart them across the street to the Residence Inn where we were staying (the hotel across the street was a great convenience). I had a wonderful experience with the Society Room and am so grateful for the entire staff who made my wedding day so wonderful.

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Amanda W

The Society Room of Hartford exceeded all expectations. The team was so helpful in the planning process, and the day of made sure everything went smoothly. Attendants assigned to both my husband and I, so we didn't miss a thing. Such an elegant venue and really captured the... Read More romantic and timeless feel.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Emily N

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. We worked with Kirsten who was SO on her game and absolutely perfect. The food was absolutely spectacular, our guests couldn't stop raving about how unique and beautiful the venue was, and our bridal attendant was a life... Read More saver. The best part for me was that all we had to do was show up - there was not one thing we had to do the weekend of the wedding - they have everything exactly as it should be. We even had a hiccup with a vendor before the reception that the operations team took care of before we even got there and we never even knew it happened. I will recommend this to any and every bride and groom - you will not regret your decision if you choose the Society Room. I wish I could relive it again and again.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Alyssa H

The Society Room was the most PERFECT place to have our elegant evening wedding in June, 2017! Kirsten was so professional and helpful every step of the way. She was extremely prompt and always made sure to answer all of our questions and help out wherever she could. We honestly... Read More forgot she even had other weddings to coordinate, she was that attentive to us! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, and everyone who came to our wedding was completely blown away. The night went very smoothly and the staff was very organized and professional. My husband and I simply could not have been happier with how everything turned out. Thank you Society Room for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Elissa W

The Society Room did a fabulous job! They had everything covered on our big day down to the small details which let us enjoy the evening with each other and our guests. The space itself is truly gorgeous and fit to host a wedding for a Royal family. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Clare D

If you are looking for the wow factor, then the Society Room is it. My husband and I had our reception at The Society Room and everything was amazing! All of our guests were wowed by the venue! The food was also delicious! We highly recommend The Society Room for your next... Read More event!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Rebecca P

The Society Room was the most amazing place we could have chosen for our June 2017 wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, all of our guests were wowed by the decor and speechless as they entered. The staff was incredibly helpful and patient throughout the whole planning... Read More process, and worked tirelessly to assure that our day was the most spectacular day ever! The food of course is also amazing, and was loved by everyone. I would highly recommend the Society Room as a wedding venue to anyone who is looking to get married in Hartford, it truly exceeded all of my expectations, and I had planned my wedding and been engaged for three years before the big day!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Liz V

From the beginning I knew this was the venue that my husband would end up choosing. The character the SR has speaks for itself. If you want a timeless, romantic and unique venue to hold your special event, then this is your venue. As far as the SR team everyone I worked with was... Read More lovely and kind from our coordinator Kirsten who guided us thru every step of the way to the wedding day staff! Having my wedding at the SR was the best decision ever!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Lacey T

We got married at the Society Room exactly one month ago today, and we could not have been happier with everything. I've honestly been trying to figure out how to capture the perfection of the Society Room aptly, and while I don't think any words would do it justice, I'm going... Read More to do my best to try. The space itself is gorgeous. There's nothing else like it in Connecticut, and it's richness and grandeur is evident the moment you step inside. You will be in the best hands. From the moment we started planning with Kirsten (shout out to her especially...she answered our million questions and made us feel so comfortable), to the day of operations team, to our bridal attendant that was always where we needed her during the wedding (thank you a million, Melissa!), they are absolute perfection. As someone who may be a bit of a control freak, I had every confidence in the world that this team would handle everything expertly, and they did not let me down. They delivered in ways I couldn't have predicted, from setting up our Photo Booth in the vault, to the way they set up all of our decor, to running and grabbing a few items from the bridal suite for us (twice!) to handling an issued with a guest -- just everything was taken care of in the best possible way. The food was fantastic! All of our guests raved about the appetizers and entrees. Go for the late night fry station, it was a huge hit! All in all we could not have picked a better location for our wedding and if you're aiming for an elegant, classy wedding, this is the place for you!! Thank you again to the entire staff! Wish we could do it again!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 amanda h

The Society Room is the perfect place for your wedding if you don't want to stress and if you want someplace with amazing food and an incredible atmosphere. I'm not the type of bride who thinks about the little things and Kristin and Jillian/Melissa basically made sure... Read More everything was on schedule and where it needed to be and pretty much held my hand the entire process. My day was stress free bc of them bc I knew they had it under control. Everything was perfect and I would 10 times out of 10 recommend them.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Camille V

We recently had our reception at the Society Room and were extremely satisfied with everything there! First of all, the decor is just stunning. So much character and elegance. Our guests kept raving about it. Second, the price was right and included the wedding cake, which... Read More just made things that much easier. Third, every single person who dealt with us from the Society Room was so helpful, personable, understanding, patient and accommodating. They were so organized and detail-oriented which is just what every bride needs to guide her through the process. They all made things so seamlesss. Fourth, my other vendors were extremely familiar with the Society Room. They also felt comfortable asking the staff questions directly, without me having to be the middle person. Again, it made everything so easy! Fifth, the food was delicious. My husband is a foodie and he loved everything! I would highly recommend this venue for any event. We wish we could re-live our reception there!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kaleigh E

This venue really has it all. They take care of so many things along the way. We were planning our wedding from 2,000 miles away and it was as stress free as it could be - largely because of the staff at the Society Room. The venue itself is gorgeous and the food was fantastic.... Read More You can't go wrong with their suggested vendors either.