The Society Room of Hartford

Hartford, CT

Where Elegance meets Excellence...

Classic Style...The Society Room of Hartford provides a dramatic and unforgettable backdrop for your wedding. Marble, limestone, brass and bronze accents adorn the Society Ballroom, as a sweeping staircase flows down from the 3,000 sq. ft. balcony showcasing the grandest of entrances.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks

31 Pratt Street, Hartford, CT (860) 524-0796

Bride

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Jessica S

Wow! That is all I can say! (No, I can say a lot more, hehe). The Society Room hosted my wedding in July 2013. It was amazing!! Dana and her staff were so supportive. I emailed Dana with a ton of questions and she awlays got back to me right away. (That is very important as a... Read More bride!) They venue itself is gorgeous and the food was amazing! I have been waiting my whole life for my wedding day and they truly made my dream come true. Its been about 7 months since my wedding and people still come to me saying it was one of the best wedding they have ever been to. I would tell anyone to have their wedding at The Society Room. If you are looking for something beautiful and unique with amazing food and service-you have found your place!

AMAZING Venue!

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Amy C

The Society Room is an amazing venue! The staff is great & professional, the food is to die for & the venue itself is simply gorgeous!!! The whole experience was beyond just having a wedding in a banquet hall - we had a hand crafted event in 1920's bank with our own personal... Read More service staff on a cobblestone street in Hartford! It is different & unique to every couple! And the chef? They have an amazing menu as it is, but they will customize everything you need and it tasted beyond anything I have ever had at a wedding! Our wedding was the best wedding I have ever been to! Highly recommend!!!!

Stunning!

Reviewed on 12/16/2013 Jennifer K

Completely unique venue in the heart of downtown Hartford. Location can't be beat for urban wedding - our guests could walk less than 2 blocks to either of our hotels. If you are looking for something with art deco/historical vibe, you can't beat this in CT.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Lucas S

The Society Room exceeded our expectations on all accounts. The building is gorgeous, which is why we initially chose it, and we're so glad we did. Jillian and Kirsten were so responsive to emails during the planning process and made planning a wedding from thousands of miles... Read More away much less stressful. On the day of, all of the staff were so helpful and the whole event ran very smoothly. We received so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful setting and delicious food (the mini tacos were a fan favourite) and were told several times it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. I would wholeheartedly recommend it!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Megan M

We can’t say enough wonderful things about our reception at Society Room in November. The Venue alone is just stunning and there is no other place in CT like it. The staff is professional, attentive and extremely detailed oriented. At times where we felt overwhelmed with the... Read More planning process, the SR team was responsive, clear and very helpful. Our guests LOVED the food and ambiance- They still talk about it, two months later! The cocktail hour on the Mezzanine is a stunner and really set the mood for the night. We have been to probably 50 weddings around the area and we wanted something different and not the typical wedding factory look, and the SR checked ALL the boxes for us. Very happy with the event and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful and unique space in Connecticut!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Melissa A

My husband and I have been to 25 weddings together, and maybe we are a little biased, but our wedding at The Society Room was the best one yet! Gorgeous venue, great food, and wonderful people. All of the staff is experienced and incredibly professional. From the moment we... Read More booked our wedding, the sales team (Kirsten and Jillian) began working to make sure our wedding day turned out exactly how we wanted. They are so organized and detail-oriented, and kept our wedding planning on track. It was so reassuring to know that they had all of details worked out, so that when the wedding day arrived we could just relax and enjoy. The operations team, servers and all of the other staff that were there on the evening of our wedding were amazing. We even had one staff member (Jonna) who was there to make sure we were taken care of, and that we relaxed, ate, had everything we needed! Our guests loved the food, and had so many nice things to say about the venue and the service. We cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day so amazing!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Anna B

We had chosen the Society Room in Hartford as our wedding venue and we were so happy with how everything turned out. Kirsten and Jillian, the wedding sales team, were so helpful and kind, and very patient throughout the whole process. They made such to do their very best to make... Read More our very special day exactly the way we pictured it and it turned out to be more than we could imagine. The rest of the staff at the society room were so kind and generous and truly a pleasure. We are so grateful to have had such a wonderful team helping and working with us. This is one beautiful venue and the people working there are great!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Nicole D

We had our wedding here on August 19 and everything from the planning process through the big day was absolutely wonderful. They take care of so many aspects of the reception and really help you with making decisions and setting deadlines so by the time the wedding arrives,... Read More there's nothing to stress about! The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is organized and professional. Our bridal attendant, Johna, was on top of everything on our wedding day and was a huge help to us and our bridal party. I would highly recommend the Society Room!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Michelle G

The Society Room was simply PERFECT! We worked really closely with Kirsten during the planning process and she was fantastic. Always quick to reply to emails, open to our ideas and very accommodating. The wedding night was truly amazing. Everything ran smoothly without any... Read More hiccups. The Society Room also has great partnerships with CT vendors and planning was a breeze. Our guests were wowed by the venue itself, the service, and the food!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Leykia B

I had THE best day of my life (so far!) because of the staff at the Society Room. This venue is magnificent and decadent- golden details, curving staircases, nooks, fireplaces and more... The venue speaks for itself, so I won't spend much time detailing it. What I want to say... Read More here, however, is that the staff is so warm, thoughtful, assuring, and professional. There is not a single ask that we had that went unaccommodating. We had NO, and I mean NO worries about the venue being set and ready on our special day in the exact way that we wanted. The food was so delicious and I cannot tell you how many people came to us after the wedding to say how great both the food and staff were. I can't stress enough how thoughtful Jillian and Kirsten were- they even set a birthday card to our 7 year old and expressed their excitement is helping him get to the big day as the ring bearer. To be honest, we had such a good time at the Society Room that all we want is to do it all again... Our parents even mentioned celebrating their 50th anniversary there! Amazing! I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. For the price, the service you get is outstanding- we had someone t make sure we at, had drinks, someone to even wipe my tears before I walked down the aisle. The staff packed all our stuff up at the end of the night and left our cake in boxes for us. They made sure we were SO well taken care of. I cannot even express my gratitude. Please, please consider this place if you are looking for an elegant, stress free, and fabulous wedding venue!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Gina R

We can't say enough about the venue, staff, food, and location. The staff is attentive, insightful, and they listen. They are not trying to get to you to "just do it how they do it" (which was our experience meeting with other venues). They are interested in giving you YOUR... Read More wedding how you envision it. At the same time the staff do not shy away from sharing their insight from their many years of experience. A winning combination. The food is exceptional. We had a nightmarish experience with Creative Cakes by Donna, so I recommend going with the other person, Kim. Even the unacceptable treatment and cake outcome couldn't damper the wonderful event. And The Society Room was very helpful in dealing with this vendor issue. If you are looking for a stunning, well maintained historical venue that is NOT A TREK and close to a great hotel, look no further. This place is the best!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Katie G

We had our wedding at the Society Room on August 5th. It was the best decision. From the absolutely gorgeous setting to amazing food and wonderful staff, we could not have pictured a more perfect venue. I loved the staircase entry, beautiful bridal suite, cocktail hour on the... Read More mezzanine, and just overall setting of the Society Room. It is breathtaking. Kirsten and Jillian (wedding sales managers) were beyond knowledgeable, accommodating, and helpful planning the wedding down to the very last detail and Desmond (day of operations manager) was amazing helping us out on the rehearsal and day of our wedding right down to bustling my dress. I had trouble writing this review because I can't find the words to do it justice. This venue is just perfect. Best, Katie and Ak

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Cara H

My husband and I had the most perfect wedding at The Society Room. The staff were incredibly personable and professional. The food was delicious, and the staff were very accommodating after I had discovered I am lactose intolerant. All of our guests continue to compliment the... Read More venue, and say it was the BEST wedding they have ever been to! The room itself is breath taking! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

The Society Room did an amazing job with our June 18, 2016 wedding. Jillian and Kirsten were on top of everything during the preparations, Jonna did a great job as our attendant during the event, and the entire operations staff was great. The guests couldn't stop complimenting... Read More the venue and the food as well. Great venue. Thanks everyone! - Bryan and Wayne

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

We had our wedding reception at the Society Room on May 20th, 2016 and it was everything that we had hoped for! The staff was incredible through the whole planning process down til the very last second that we left. The building itself is so impressive that we only had minimal... Read More decorations. The food was delicious and the ambiance perfect. Our guests especially enjoyed the cocktail hour on the mezzanine level and that the hors d'oeuvres just kept coming. We were truly so impressed, as were all of our guests!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Laura V

From the moment my now husband and I walked into The Society Room we knew we wanted to have our wedding reception there. The building is something really special and nothing like we saw in other traditional venues. From the moment we committed, Kirsten, our wedding coordinator... Read More was extremely helpful and responsive to all of the questions we had. When the wedding day came, we were super excited to see all of our hard planning come to life. When we walked into the reception we were simply blown away by how beautiful the room looked. Everything exceeded our expectations by far. I had made all of my own centerpieces, signs ,touches, etc…and they were set up/ displayed perfectly. The appetizers we had in the bridal suite were fresh and just delicious (which we needed after photos). My bridal attendant Jonna was so so so helpful/sweet and always made sure we had drinks and were happy. Our dinner food was AMAZING! We highly recommend the Filet and the Snapper. They were able to accommodate everyone with dietary restrictions with delicious food as well! After dinner, they turned down the lights and the party began! WOW! The bartenders were on point and even got into our party vibe by sporting some glow sticks and funky glasses (we provided) which WE LOVED! Overall, I cannot say enough about our wedding and the professionalism at The Society Room. There is a high level of organization which is needed to pull a large scale wedding off and they showcased that organization beautifully. I have been to a lot of weddings and I have to say that ours, hands down was the best (not that I am biased or anything). Our guests were well fed, our signature drinks were amazing and we were treated like royalty. If you are a bride who is looking for a venue that is STUNNING and NOT cookie-cutter with amazing food, service and staff, then The Society Room of Hartford is for you! So many people have told us it is by far the best wedding they have ever been to! We were married on 4/29/16. Our only regret is that the party had to end!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Jill L

My husband and I spent a lot of time looking for the "perfect venue" for our wedding. The moment we walked into the Society Room we fell in love. It didn't end there! The staff is absolutely incredible. I've been to several weddings and never have I ever been so floored on how... Read More well the staff organized and took care of everyone at the wedding. We didn't have to worry about anything. Everything was set up as we described, the moment one of our drinks were finished, a new one was right there. I have never been so pleased with service and staff anywhere in my life. Oh and not to mention, the food is AMAZING. I can't tell you how many weddings I've went to where the food was just ok or not that great. I couldn't have imagined our big day at any other location.

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Quinn U

Most beautiful venue ever!!! My husband and I had the most amazing day of our lives as we got married at the Society Room. From day one, everything was organized with Kirsten Pechout being so helpful and answering any questions I had within hours of sending an email. On the day... Read More of the wedding, Jonna was so incredibly sweet and helpful as my bridal attendant! The service was impeccable and we had the most beautiful day! Thank you to the Society Room for making our day so unforgettable and special!!!

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Justine C

We were married in August 2015 and cannot say enough great things about the Society Room! The entire process from start to finish was low stress as everyone there is extremely knowledgeable. They provide you with an individualized timeline for your special day that guides you to... Read More truly having the wedding you dreamed of! On the day of, the entire staff makes you not only feel incredibly special but also ensures everything goes according to plan. You definitely would not need wedding planner if you have your wedding at the Society Room. The entire day was amazing but some of the highlights included individualized bride and grooms meals (despite what you pick for your guest they literally will make you anything! I had french fries with my meal :) ), the bridal attendant who made it so we never waited on line at the bar, and providing a quick, alternative when our baker didn't put the cake topper on our cake. The venue itself is stunning and breath taking but the service they provide truly takes it to the next level making it our best day ever. We cannot say enough good things about the Society Room and highly recommend them for an beautiful indoor wedding ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Casey M

The society room was the perfect location for our wedding. It was elegant and classy, my guests could not stop talking about what a beautiful venue it was! All the coordinators were amazing to work with and helped make my vision a reality! I am a details person- and they put my... Read More anxiety at ease. The set up I envisioned was executed perfectly and they even let me swing by on the morning of the wedding to drop off last minute things and take a peek! You will not regret choosing the society room!!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Stacy H

Deciding to get married at The Society Room was one of the best choices we could have ever made. Every step of the way we felt supported and every question that we had was answered in a timely manner. The setting is breathless obviously but the service was what our guests still... Read More talk about. It was incredibly important to us that the food be plentiful and delicious and the alcohol flowing without bar lines. The Society Room absolutely delivered. I can't suggest it enough to any couple seeking the perfect venue!!!

The best of the best

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Eleni C

Absolutely perfect day thanks in large part to the staff at The Society Room. We had no stress leading up to (and during the event) because everything was so well-organized and meticulously handled. My husband and I cannot recommend enough - if we could give this venue 10... Read More stars we would (and we would definitely get married there again if that was a thing that people did!)

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 kebrow08@gmail.com o

We would absolutely recommend the Society Room of Hartford. The entire venue is absolutely breathtaking. Within minutes of our first visit, we knew this would be the venue for our wedding. All of our guests were impressed with the unique venue, exceptional food and professional... Read More service. We held both our ceremony and reception at the Society Room and we were able to use the entire venue from the mezzanine to the cottage to the vault which allowed our guests to move around without having to change venues. We worked with Kirsten for several months in preparation for our wedding. She responded quickly and always answered our questions with great detail and professionalism. She was a joy to work with and calmed our nerves as we got closer to the big day! The Director of Operations and Banquet Manager (Cecilia and Desmond) ensured that the evening ran smoothly. They did everything from organize our rehearsal to ensure dinner remained on schedule to fluff my dress as I walked down the aisle. I am certain that their work behind the scenes was essential to the success of our night. Jonna, acted as the bride and groom's personal attendant/coordinator and ensured that our night went perfectly. She was there to take care of anything we needed throughout the night. It was really special to have someone dedicated to just us throughout the night and Jonna is an absolutely gem! Thank you for making our special day as stress-free as possible! The food received rave reviews from our guests and we never saw a line at the bar with 160 guests! We are incredibly grateful for the endless memories we will always have from our Society Room wedding.

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Nuny M

Food great. The ambiance was so beautiful. I picked this place because it is modern yet gives a sense of nostalgia. It was worth every single penny. The staff is so professional. Nothing went wrong and they do above and beyond to make sure your day is your day. It is beautiful.... Read More Simply said.

Reviewed on 8/08/2015

We loved our experience getting married at the Society Room. The staff was amazing, the food was as good as it gets, and you can't beat the beauty of the setting. We loved every moment planning the event with the coordinators, and then Cecelia and Desmond executed the plan to... Read More perfection on the big day. We can't imagine a more perfect place to get married in the Hartford area. Thanks to the entire staff for doing such a great job!

Start a Conversation!