The Society Room of Hartford

Hartford, CT

Where Elegance meets Excellence...

Classic Style...The Society Room of Hartford provides a dramatic and unforgettable backdrop for your wedding. Marble, limestone, brass and bronze accents adorn the Society Ballroom, as a sweeping staircase flows down from the 3,000 sq. ft. balcony showcasing the grandest of entrances. The Society Room can host up to 300 guests for your wedding. Areas/rooms available for ceremony, cocktail hour, bridal suite, groomsmen room and dramatic photo locations.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

31 Pratt Street, Hartford, CT (860) 524-0796
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Ashley S

The Society Room is the perfect place to get married! The entire process was stress free. Throughout the year we worked with Melissa who was absolutely fantastic. She was prompt to respond to any of our questions and worked with us to make the day ours. The night of our wedding... Read More ran so smoothly! The staff was so fun and accommodating, we never felt rushed and we had plenty of time to eat! Our personal attendant Jonna made sure we were taken care of the whole night. She made sure we had drinks, that we ate, and kept us on schedule. She did the thinking for us so we could enjoy the night. I would highly recommend the Society Room :)

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Nicole T

We had a wonderful experience at the Society Room! If you're looking for a venue that's not a sterile, boring ballroom... this is the place for you. The staff was excellent to work with, and the venue was beautifully decorated by the time we arrived. Can't recommend more.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Katie D

We absolutely had the best experience with The Society Room. Kirsten, their Wedding Sales Manager, was a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful from start to finish. She remained present during the entire process by responding quickly to questions and ensuring follow-up.... Read More The process was very organized, which made planning a huge event much easier. Kirsten and staff were very helpful the week leading up to the wedding with closing the loop. They took great care of us the day of the wedding providing drinks and food as needed. The venue was gorgeous and timeless. Many wedding guests complimented the food stating it was one of the best dinners they have had. Overall, I cannot say enough to describe how wonderful our experience was.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Caley E

We got married last weekend and held our reception at the Society Room. I couldn't even wait a week to write a review about how incredibly amazing they are! The venue is stunning and the food is to die for, but what really sets them apart is their amazing staff. Kirsten and... Read More Melissa were with me every step of the way. They answered emails immediately, were creative to make sure my wedding vision came to life perfectly, and addressed all of my concerns thoroughly. The day of, the three managers took care of everything. Jonna made sure that my fiance and I got appetizers in the bridal suite, sat and ate our dinner and never had to wait in line for a drink. At the end of the night, they packed everything up for me and brought it out the car for my dad. They attended to every single thing before I could even think of it and ensured that I had the most relaxing and fun night! I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. They are incredible!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Jennifer C

From the moment I visited the Society Room, I fell in love with how beautiful it is. It has a very romantic, elegant ambience. The sales staff is very friendly and responsive to my many e-mails throughout the planning process. The venue offers a mock wedding which I really... Read More enjoyed. At the mock wedding, you get to see the venue set up for a “wedding” and try every hors d’ourve and meal option. This was great because some things I thought I’d love, I didn’t. And some things I wouldn’t have considered, I loved. The hors d’ourves were amazing (my favorite was a mini smoked gouda corn chowder boule, so good. The BBQ braised short rib was also amazing as a meal choice, everyone loved it). For the week of the wedding, I loved that I filled out all of the paperwork and boxed all my reception items ahead of time to drop off and review at the final meeting. It was a relief to drop of the reception items early. The actual wedding was amazing. I had both my ceremony and reception there. They have a beautiful staircase for the bride to walk down before going down the aisle. As for pictures, we took most of our pictures right outside on Pratt street which was a great option. There is also a very cool, old bank vault that guests liked taking photos in. The reception ran wonderfully; I had an attendant Jonna who was very attentive, got me drinks all night, brought my veil to the bridal suite for me, and just checked in to make sure I was doing okay. At the end of the night, all of my boxes were packaged up and we were able to cart them across the street to the Residence Inn where we were staying (the hotel across the street was a great convenience). I had a wonderful experience with the Society Room and am so grateful for the entire staff who made my wedding day so wonderful.

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Amanda W

The Society Room of Hartford exceeded all expectations. The team was so helpful in the planning process, and the day of made sure everything went smoothly. Attendants assigned to both my husband and I, so we didn't miss a thing. Such an elegant venue and really captured the... Read More romantic and timeless feel.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Emily N

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. We worked with Kirsten who was SO on her game and absolutely perfect. The food was absolutely spectacular, our guests couldn't stop raving about how unique and beautiful the venue was, and our bridal attendant was a life... Read More saver. The best part for me was that all we had to do was show up - there was not one thing we had to do the weekend of the wedding - they have everything exactly as it should be. We even had a hiccup with a vendor before the reception that the operations team took care of before we even got there and we never even knew it happened. I will recommend this to any and every bride and groom - you will not regret your decision if you choose the Society Room. I wish I could relive it again and again.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Alyssa H

The Society Room was the most PERFECT place to have our elegant evening wedding in June, 2017! Kirsten was so professional and helpful every step of the way. She was extremely prompt and always made sure to answer all of our questions and help out wherever she could. We honestly... Read More forgot she even had other weddings to coordinate, she was that attentive to us! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, and everyone who came to our wedding was completely blown away. The night went very smoothly and the staff was very organized and professional. My husband and I simply could not have been happier with how everything turned out. Thank you Society Room for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Elissa W

The Society Room did a fabulous job! They had everything covered on our big day down to the small details which let us enjoy the evening with each other and our guests. The space itself is truly gorgeous and fit to host a wedding for a Royal family. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Clare D

If you are looking for the wow factor, then the Society Room is it. My husband and I had our reception at The Society Room and everything was amazing! All of our guests were wowed by the venue! The food was also delicious! We highly recommend The Society Room for your next... Read More event!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Rebecca P

The Society Room was the most amazing place we could have chosen for our June 2017 wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, all of our guests were wowed by the decor and speechless as they entered. The staff was incredibly helpful and patient throughout the whole planning... Read More process, and worked tirelessly to assure that our day was the most spectacular day ever! The food of course is also amazing, and was loved by everyone. I would highly recommend the Society Room as a wedding venue to anyone who is looking to get married in Hartford, it truly exceeded all of my expectations, and I had planned my wedding and been engaged for three years before the big day!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Liz V

From the beginning I knew this was the venue that my husband would end up choosing. The character the SR has speaks for itself. If you want a timeless, romantic and unique venue to hold your special event, then this is your venue. As far as the SR team everyone I worked with was... Read More lovely and kind from our coordinator Kirsten who guided us thru every step of the way to the wedding day staff! Having my wedding at the SR was the best decision ever!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Lacey T

We got married at the Society Room exactly one month ago today, and we could not have been happier with everything. I've honestly been trying to figure out how to capture the perfection of the Society Room aptly, and while I don't think any words would do it justice, I'm going... Read More to do my best to try. The space itself is gorgeous. There's nothing else like it in Connecticut, and it's richness and grandeur is evident the moment you step inside. You will be in the best hands. From the moment we started planning with Kirsten (shout out to her especially...she answered our million questions and made us feel so comfortable), to the day of operations team, to our bridal attendant that was always where we needed her during the wedding (thank you a million, Melissa!), they are absolute perfection. As someone who may be a bit of a control freak, I had every confidence in the world that this team would handle everything expertly, and they did not let me down. They delivered in ways I couldn't have predicted, from setting up our Photo Booth in the vault, to the way they set up all of our decor, to running and grabbing a few items from the bridal suite for us (twice!) to handling an issued with a guest -- just everything was taken care of in the best possible way. The food was fantastic! All of our guests raved about the appetizers and entrees. Go for the late night fry station, it was a huge hit! All in all we could not have picked a better location for our wedding and if you're aiming for an elegant, classy wedding, this is the place for you!! Thank you again to the entire staff! Wish we could do it again!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 amanda m

The Society Room is the perfect place for your wedding if you don't want to stress and if you want someplace with amazing food and an incredible atmosphere. I'm not the type of bride who thinks about the little things and Kristin and Jillian/Melissa basically made sure... Read More everything was on schedule and where it needed to be and pretty much held my hand the entire process. My day was stress free bc of them bc I knew they had it under control. Everything was perfect and I would 10 times out of 10 recommend them.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Camille V

We recently had our reception at the Society Room and were extremely satisfied with everything there! First of all, the decor is just stunning. So much character and elegance. Our guests kept raving about it. Second, the price was right and included the wedding cake, which... Read More just made things that much easier. Third, every single person who dealt with us from the Society Room was so helpful, personable, understanding, patient and accommodating. They were so organized and detail-oriented which is just what every bride needs to guide her through the process. They all made things so seamlesss. Fourth, my other vendors were extremely familiar with the Society Room. They also felt comfortable asking the staff questions directly, without me having to be the middle person. Again, it made everything so easy! Fifth, the food was delicious. My husband is a foodie and he loved everything! I would highly recommend this venue for any event. We wish we could re-live our reception there!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Kaleigh E

This venue really has it all. They take care of so many things along the way. We were planning our wedding from 2,000 miles away and it was as stress free as it could be - largely because of the staff at the Society Room. The venue itself is gorgeous and the food was fantastic.... Read More You can't go wrong with their suggested vendors either.

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Gina Z

Our wedding was at The Society Room on March 25th and it was absolutely AMAZING! The staff there made the planning process so easy and took care of everything for us. They were so kind and made us feel like royalty! All of our guests were floored by how beautiful the venue is... Read More and how delicious the food was. They still can't stop talking about how great it was! I always thought an experience like this would be way out of our budget, but The Society Room makes it affordable by including the food, open bar, and even cake in the price per head. That really helped us save on vendors and know what we were spending upfront. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Fiona E

My husband and I had our reception at The Society Room of Hartford just this past Saturday March 11th, 2017! The entire team at SR did an absolutely fantastic job but start to finish. We planned our reception with them in 7 months and everything went perfectly. Our guests cannot... Read More say enough about the beauty of the venue, the food and the service. It was absolutely top-notch. Once we booked the SR for our March wedding, everything else about our wedding theme fell into place. We used the Cottage area for our cocktail hour which has the vibe of an Irish or English pub and the ballroom for our reception which had a very old world appeal. Because of the ornate ceiling and beautiful design of the room, not much else is really needed so we kept it very simple, using gold candelabras rather than floral centerpieces. This allowed us to keep our budget down as well and added more light and ambiance to the ballroom. The staff at the SR were absolutely fantastic, making sure we had everything we needed. Kirsten was a dream to work with in our planning stages and always had a quick answer to our questions. I can't say enough about our experience with the Society Room and I will continue to highly recommend it as an event venue to everyone I know. Fiona Ellis

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Nicolette C

The Society Room and their staff were magnificent! The venue is gorgeous and very unique, which is exactly what I was looking for. Kirsten & Jillian were extremely organized, helpful, and very professional from the very beginning. They would send emails throughout the... Read More planning process, which helped keep me on track. The day of our wedding they were accommodating and made sure my husband and I were taken care of throughout the whole night. I can honestly not say enough great things about the Society Room! I highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Lucas S

The Society Room exceeded our expectations on all accounts. The building is gorgeous, which is why we initially chose it, and we're so glad we did. Jillian and Kirsten were so responsive to emails during the planning process and made planning a wedding from thousands of miles... Read More away much less stressful. On the day of, all of the staff were so helpful and the whole event ran very smoothly. We received so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful setting and delicious food (the mini tacos were a fan favourite) and were told several times it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. I would wholeheartedly recommend it!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Megan M

We can’t say enough wonderful things about our reception at Society Room in November. The Venue alone is just stunning and there is no other place in CT like it. The staff is professional, attentive and extremely detailed oriented. At times where we felt overwhelmed with the... Read More planning process, the SR team was responsive, clear and very helpful. Our guests LOVED the food and ambiance- They still talk about it, two months later! The cocktail hour on the Mezzanine is a stunner and really set the mood for the night. We have been to probably 50 weddings around the area and we wanted something different and not the typical wedding factory look, and the SR checked ALL the boxes for us. Very happy with the event and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful and unique space in Connecticut!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Melissa A

My husband and I have been to 25 weddings together, and maybe we are a little biased, but our wedding at The Society Room was the best one yet! Gorgeous venue, great food, and wonderful people. All of the staff is experienced and incredibly professional. From the moment we... Read More booked our wedding, the sales team (Kirsten and Jillian) began working to make sure our wedding day turned out exactly how we wanted. They are so organized and detail-oriented, and kept our wedding planning on track. It was so reassuring to know that they had all of details worked out, so that when the wedding day arrived we could just relax and enjoy. The operations team, servers and all of the other staff that were there on the evening of our wedding were amazing. We even had one staff member (Jonna) who was there to make sure we were taken care of, and that we relaxed, ate, had everything we needed! Our guests loved the food, and had so many nice things to say about the venue and the service. We cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day so amazing!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Anna B

We had chosen the Society Room in Hartford as our wedding venue and we were so happy with how everything turned out. Kirsten and Jillian, the wedding sales team, were so helpful and kind, and very patient throughout the whole process. They made such to do their very best to make... Read More our very special day exactly the way we pictured it and it turned out to be more than we could imagine. The rest of the staff at the society room were so kind and generous and truly a pleasure. We are so grateful to have had such a wonderful team helping and working with us. This is one beautiful venue and the people working there are great!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Nicole D

We had our wedding here on August 19 and everything from the planning process through the big day was absolutely wonderful. They take care of so many aspects of the reception and really help you with making decisions and setting deadlines so by the time the wedding arrives,... Read More there's nothing to stress about! The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is organized and professional. Our bridal attendant, Johna, was on top of everything on our wedding day and was a huge help to us and our bridal party. I would highly recommend the Society Room!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Michelle G

The Society Room was simply PERFECT! We worked really closely with Kirsten during the planning process and she was fantastic. Always quick to reply to emails, open to our ideas and very accommodating. The wedding night was truly amazing. Everything ran smoothly without any... Read More hiccups. The Society Room also has great partnerships with CT vendors and planning was a breeze. Our guests were wowed by the venue itself, the service, and the food!