The Southern Mansion

Cape May, NJ

Cape May's most unique oppulent Mansion weddings!

Elaborate Southern Mansion on 2 acres of award winning gardens in the center of Cape May. Providing couples personalized customized service for your once in a lifetime occasion. We host unique events, that are picturesque with our mahogany verandas, balconies, solarium's, and flying spiral staircases. With large luxurious accommodations, Southern Mansion is Cape May's only AAA four diamond property. Offering couples a unique venue for both your ceremony and reception year-round. Whether you want a traditional summer wedding or are looking at a winter wedding we can cater to all of your specific needs and desires year-round. Booking now for Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Summer 2017 and Fall 2017. Dates are filling up quickly!

Guest Capacity

Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

720 Washington Street, Cape May, NJ

Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 alexandra c

I celebrated my wedding at The Southern Mansion in September 2014 in Cape May, NJ and the day was truly perfect. I started my planning with an excellent wedding coordinator who ended up leaving the venue a few months prior to my big day. Any reservations I had about loosing my... Read More planner before the wedding were out the window the minute I met Kira Moyer, the current wedding coordinator. She was so kind and attentive, I was made to feel extremely comfortable with the switch right away. She truly made the day seamless and worked as hard as she could to make myself, my family, and all the guests happy. The service was exceptional from start to finish, and all the staff worked together to provide my guests with all they needed. What I especially love about this venue is the food! Each course came out piping hot, was beautiful, and tasted DELICIOUS. This goes for food during cocktail hour, as well. The space at the Southern Mansion is beautiful. I was blessed with perfect weather, so the ceremony and cocktail hour where outdoors. Rain the day prior had made the ground a bit wet in the area the ceremony was set up, but Kira swept in with a really cool vintage rug to put down so I didn't get any muddiness on my dress or shoes! The effect was actually quite nice and I was oblivious to the behind the scenes tweaks to keep things running smoothly and on time. When my husband decided that it was time to start the dance party (before coffee service began in the dining area) no one batted an eye, and my guests were ushered down stairs with coffee and desert waiting for them in no time. I had 140 guests, which seemed like a perfect fit. The ballroom area is really lovely, my only advice would be that it may be a little snug for a party much larger than that. I could go on and on about how wonderful the day was! I would highly recommend this venue. Great atmosphere, great food, and it's such a unique set up with the beautiful wrap around porch and gorgeous grounds outside. I didn't realize how important working with the coordinator would be prior to the wedding, but I know now that I couldn't have planned such a great day without Kira. I'd like to thank everyone at Southern Mansion for an amazing day and tell brides to be to that this is a place you MUST check out in the Cape May area!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Allison L

The Southern Mansion was amazing! From the planning to the day after, Kira was so helpful and attentive. She listened to my every silly question and request with a lot of patients. We had our ceremony in the main front room. It was beautiful and super intimate. We had about 50... Read More guests and being married in that room made it feel like we were so close to dearest friends and family. After that we enjoyed cocktail hour in the solarium and proceeded downstairs to the ball room for dinner and dancing. Everything went off without a hitch! Many of our guests stayed over and loved the rooms. They also raved about the food. We stayed in the master suite both the night before and the night of our wedding... we already booked it for our anniversary! The entire staff was super helpful and very nice. For a quaint, intimate wedding the Southern Mansion can not be beat!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Susan H

We were married on Saturday, 03/26/16 at The Southern Mansion. The venue is not your normal, cookie-cutter, catering hall, typical wedding venue. It’s unique in every way. We looked at several venues from Long Island to South Jersey endlessly searching for a venue that fit us... Read More and our smaller guest count. Once we parked our car in the Mansion’s front lot we knew we found our venue. The outside grounds are full of color from the landscaping to the building itself. The vibrant charm doesn’t end once you enter the Mansion, it only intensifies. The colorful nature of the building perfectly fit our colorful personalities. When we first sat down with Kira Moyer, the event coordinator at the Southern Mansion, we were questioning that we could pull everything off. After seeing so many venues that were similar in how they handled everything from the food to the alcohol to the rooms, the Mansion seemed the opposite. In the end all of these nerves turned out to be nothing as everything came together seamlessly. Just know that when you begin planning your Mansion wedding you will have a few additional responsibilities, but also know that it’s worth it. The venue gives you the opportunity to continue building on this by letting you, the couple, be very selective with items like alcohol, cake, DJ and décor. We had the opportunity to hand select every detail for our wedding and ensure it truly reflected us. Throughout the planning process (which spanned 13 months or so), Kira was always available to answer every question or concern we had. No question was too minor. Even as the date approached and we bugged her more frequently she made time for us. Once the day arrived Kira was always visible, always available. From the moment we arrived on-site she took amazing care of us and made sure we always had everything we needed. She walked us through the building and made sure she knew where every piece of décor was going. After the walk through she helped us conduct a brief rehearsal of the ceremony. The day of the wedding flew by. The mansion staff, including Kira did an excellent job of making sure our guests were checked in and guided to the appropriate locations. We were free to take our photos and focus on our wedding day knowing the Mansion staff had everything under control. Once the ceremony was over and cocktail hour began is when the staff really went to the next level. These people worked extremely hard to make sure everyone was being served, helped, assisted and having fun throughout the event. The servers, bartenders, front desk staff and Kira were all fantastic. Everyone seemed to have an amazing time and the wedding, over a year in the making, went off without an issue. Our guests, who flew or drove many hours, all had nothing but rave reviews for the Mansion. Once they arrived they understood why this venue was so special and why we chose it. They made our guests and us feel at home. The building, it’s staff, and the day itself were all perfect and the Southern Mansion’s crew had a huge part in that. Thank you to everyone who helped us along the way and on the day itself!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

My wedding was on 1/16/16, my wedding was absolutely magically !!! Kira and her staff did everything with such dedication and professionalism, I had no stress on my wedding day and believe me things happened that could of stressed me out but the staff was on it ! And took care... Read More of it for me , i had a specific image for how my wedding would come out (as we ALLL do when planning) and it all came thru 100% how I imagined thanks to the southern mansion, the rooms are gorgeous and well taken care of the ambiance is Victorian but in such a comforting inviting way , I absolutely love this place and would recommend anyone to get married here , it is such a beautiful venue I can't say enough

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

I cannot even begin to describe how perfect my wedding was at the Southern Mansion. The beauty of the building speaks for itself, but really it is the staff you work with that make the day go off without a hitch. When I walked in to tour the Southern Mansion for the first... Read More time in the summer of 2014 I absolutely fell in love with the place. It was the perfect spot for a slightly unconventional bride like myself. The previous wedding coordinator, Andrea, showed us around and gave us all of the information we needed to make our decision. I went home and looked up reviews and every single review talked about Andrea and how wonderful she was to work with. Right before we signed our contract we learned that Andrea was leaving and she was training Kira to take her place. I was a bit nervous that this transition was happening right as I was beginning to plan my wedding. Well...I had absolutely NOTHING to be nervous about. Kira was incredible. You really have no idea when you first start how many details go in to planning a wedding. I feel like I spoke with Kira constantly over the last year and she handled herself with such professionalism each time. Every single email was answered super fast and every single request was granted. I had really great vendors at my wedding, but nothing would have come together without Kira. Not only is Kira clearly great at her job, she is such a sweet and awesome person and without her my wedding day would not be what it was. I could never thank her enough.

A gorgeous wedding venue

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Christina R

My husband and I fell in love with the Southern mansion the first time we visited. It has a charm and uniqueness that no other vendor had. We did not want to have a "cookie-cutter" style wedding. It met all of our expectations and made for some gorgeous photographs. The staff... Read More was very accommodating and Kira, the coordinator, went above and beyond in making sure everything was to our liking. We had a Friday evening wedding in August. It was hot (as expected) but was actually not too bad. Our ceremony and cocktail hour were outside in the garden and dinner and reception took place downstairs in the ballroom. I wanted to have dinner in the solarium which is a long hallway with floor length windows looking out into the garden, but I had too many guests to fit. The ballroom worked well though and I was not disappointed. My husband and I stayed the weekend as did several if my family members. Overall, it was a wonderful day and I'm very happy we chose to have our wedding there!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Elizabeth S

My husband and I just had our wedding at The Southern Mansion on August 9th and we can honestly say it was the best day of our lives! Kira made planning so easy and enjoyable! All of our guests absolutely loved the mansion and are still raving about the delicious food! The... Read More eclectic and beautiful decor made it a wonderful venue! We can't wait to stay at The Southern Mansion again in the future! I would most definitely recommend The Southern Mansion to any bride and groom looking for a unique but elegant wedding venue!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Amy R

I would highly recommend the Southern Mansion to any bride looking to get married at a unique and sophisticated venue in Cape May. It not your "cookie cutter venue" and thats just what I wanted. The ceremony took place on the lawn and guests moved to the cocktail hour which was... Read More on the lawn as well. We ate dinner in the sunroom that looked over the garden and went downstairs to the ballroom to dance. It was nice to move from location to location not having that feeling of being stuck in the same room all night. The food was excellent, Filet Mignon and Crab Cakes were to die for as well as the appetizers served at cocktail hour. The service was great, hardworking, they had positive attitudes, they were professional and were very attentive to our guests. Kira- the wedding coordinator was amazing, could not say enough positive things about her- she was very organized, motivated, receptive and easy to work with. Throughout the day of the wedding she kept an eye on me- checking in and asking little detail questions (not in an annoying way). The Southern Mansion's prices were very reasonable (much lower than other venues in the area) and worth every penny. I was nervous about the other guests staying at the venue (since its so small) on the day of my wedding but they were respectable and unseen. We felt like we were the only ones at the Southern Mansion- which is another positive. I literally have nothing but good things to say about this venue. Everyone cannot stop talking about how wonderful the venue, food and service was. It was executed perfectly. When looking for venue for your wedding I would consider checking this place out!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 michelle d

Not only is The Southern Mansion a beautiful and intimate venue for a wedding ceremony and reception, but the staff is excellent and friendly as well. I had the pleasure of working with Kira, Denise, and Ken very closely over the past year throughout the planning process for our... Read More wedding that was just held on May 29th. We felt so comfortable asking any questions or for suggestions on literally every single aspect of our big day. There were times I called Kira literally freaking out about something I forgot, and she always helped me to feel calm and to figure out all the details going into our important day. Even on the day of our wedding I forgot to ask someone to hold my train and veil and the girls had already lined up for the ceremony, Kira immediately calmed me down and offered to do it for me.. without any hesitation (and she did). Kira was also outside with me, digging through the garbage (on my wedding day), to find my headpiece that went missing!!! I will never forget that... <3 The entire event went without a single hiccup. The food that was prepared by the chef was fantastic and enjoyed by all of our guests. The service during the rehearsal, ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception was phenomenal!!! We would recommend The Southern Mansion to anyone thinking about a wedding in Cape May!! Our day was literally PERFECT!!!

Wedding of my Dreams!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Johanna V

I could write a small novel on how fantastic this venue is. Not only the venue but also the coordinator Kira! She was a pleasure to work with, and even when a small glitch or bump came in the road she was quick and responsive. The venue is perfect for anyone who wants a charming... Read More slightly off beat wedding. My husband and myself are not the typical couple who wanted to get married in the diamond room with cookie cutter style and decorations. The Southern Mansion is vast and beautiful with Victorian charm beautiful gardens and wonderful food selections. It is literally impossible to walk on these grounds and not ohhh and ahhh. Our day went off perfectly! Everyone including the staff were warm and gracious to all of our guests! We cannot wait to come back visit on our one year anniversary. Thank you so much for the wonderful memories forever etched into my heart!

Stunning venue with great staff

Reviewed on 8/29/2014 Michelle S

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner at the Southern Mansion and it was lovely. Andreea, the on-site coordinator, could not have been nicer throughout the whole process. She went above and beyond for us, made excellent suggestions and helped make our vision a reality. The... Read More event was wonderful. Everyone remarked at how beautiful the mansion was when they arrived. The food was excellent - it exceeded our expectations! And the entire staff was professional and gracious. At the end of the evening, many of our guests sat on the rocking chairs on the porch just relaxing, enjoying each other's company as well as the beautiful and peaceful atmosphere unique to the Southern Mansion. We highly recommend this venue and cannot wait to visit again and again! It's an absolutely stunning place.

Perfect Jersey Shore Venue

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Elysa M

Words can't describe how perfect our wedding was and it's largely due to our venue of choice. From the beginning it was easy to work and plan with Andreea, their ONSITE PLANNER! The place was gorgeous and needed little effort on the day of to make it photo ready. The staff... Read More were miraculous in that you barely knew they were there except when you needed them. I've been to weddings where food was clearly an afterthought, but this was absolutely not the case here. Everything was elegant and delicious! Andreea could not have been more sweet and made sure we and our guests were well cared for and the day ran seamlessly. It would honestly take a novel to say all the good things I have to say about TSM and their staff, but I'll end with the rooms. The bridal suite was STUNNING. Hand-carved antique four post bed (and soo comfortable), our own porch, immaculate bathroom, I can go on and on. All of our guests complimented us on the choice, but I could only take credit for having chosen the best venue in NJ. Having looked at all options this was, BY FAR, the best place to get married and if not for all the stress that goes along with event planning, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks to TSM and especially Andreea!

Memorable/Perfect Wedding Day

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Taylor R

Our day was incredibly flawless and stunning thanks to Andreea (Wedding Coordinator) and all of The Southern Mansion's staffs' hard work the day of our wedding. Even the days leading up to the wedding were relaxing and lovely, at the mansion, with their stunning rooms and... Read More relaxing atmosphere (and terrific breakfast too!) Throughout the year and a half it took planning our day with Andreea, she continuously worked with us in a timely and flexible manner that always met our requests and needs. Not only did she help to coordinate our day and make sure it ran smoothly and comfortably during the ceremony, she also was hands-on throughout the entire evening with the rest of the cocktail hour and reception staff. All of the cocktail hour and reception staff were EXTREMELY kind and professional and certainly added to making our day feel magical. The food was outstanding at both our cocktail hour and reception. Guests continue to tell us how delicious all of the hor d'oeuvres and food displays were, and are still commenting on how the filet mignon and flounder with crab imperial was the best they've ever had. Guests certainly did not leave hungry from our wedding! All were satisfied and so impressed with our venue. We could not have asked for a more beautiful, memorable day. Our guests are still raving about how amazing The Southern Mansion and our wedding was!

My Perfect Wedding at the Southern Mansion

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 kristen j

I had my wedding at the Southern Mansion this May & could not have dreamt up a more perfect wedding. I live in North Jersey, so we relied heavily on Andreea our wedding coordinator to make sure everything went smoothly. She was beyond helpful and amazing. Very professional.... Read More We were also thrilled with all of the vendors she had recommended to us. The location is breathtaking and so romantic it is impossible not to get caught up in the surroundings. Our wedding went off without a hitch and was a day we will never forget. We have no regrets with having our special day with the Southern Mansion and are sad at how fast the weekend passed by. Our guests cannot stop talking about how great everything was, weeks later. Andreea was extremely responsisive and I don't think we could have planned our wedding three hours away from home without her. She was on top of everything that morning which meant we could all relax and concentrate on getting ready stress free. Wish we could do it all again.

Beautiful Wedding Venue!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Kelly J

My husband and I just had our wedding at the gorgeous Southern Mansion this past March. The venue alone was completely perfect and Andreea and the Southern Mansion staff were beyond amazing. Always taking my numerous amount of calls and emails, and making sure that anything we... Read More needed was possible. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Except for the rain!! :)

My Romantic Cape May Wedding

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Lynette P

The Southern Mansion is the destination for a beautiful, romantic in Cape May. Welcome to a historic site that offers charm, uniqueness, beauty and many other features. Andreea is the wedding planner to have. Pay the extra for her services. The grounds are ideal for an... Read More outdoor ceremony with gorgeous placement for cocktail hour to follow. The ballroom is perfect for an intimate reception. The color scheme is beautiful. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Breakfast is fabulous. The dinner was to die for. I recommend the crab cakes and filet mignon. The lamb chops were wonderful for the cocktail hour. Not a guest at my recent September wedding could do anything but rave about my wedding.

Our day was perfect at the Southern Mansion

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Heather S

From the minute my fiance and I set foot into the Southern Mansion, we knew it was our wedding venue. The exterior and gardens are natural and lovely, and the interior rooms (think luxurious parlor, beautiful open sun porches, antique furniture and beautiful decor everywhere)... Read More are absolutely stunning. The venue is old-world charm with all the modern amenities you want. Our coordinator at the Mansion, Andreea, was great from start to finish. She helped us coordinate all the little details, and she's obviously very experienced because she made great recommendations on the best way to do things for our day. She followed through on everything we asked, and even on the day of the wedding was constantly silently behind the scenes, making sure everything got done. We couldn't be more grateful for her help! The ceremony we had was absolutely lovely and the most unique part (if you choose to do an outdoor ceremony) is your grand entrance down the spiral staircase at the back of the garden. It makes for some incredible photographs as well. Overall, we just couldn't be happier with how our day went. I highly recommend checking out the Southern Mansion. We're already hoping to spend some anniversaries in some of their beautiful guest rooms in the future!

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Kelsey K

The Southern Mansion is a beautiful venue, and our day went absolutely seamlessly. We could not have asked for a better venue.

my fabulous wedding!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 mary ann c

I had both my ceremony and reception at The Southern Mansion located in Cape May NJ on 11/17/12 and it was everything I could wish for. The employees at The Mansion are so kind and friendly we all felt at home. Me and my (now) husband and some family members check in on Friday... Read More before the wedding which was held on saturday afternoon and really were able to enjoy The Mansion. Andreea the wedding corrdinator is very good at what she does very cheerful and made my wedding wonderful!! I would highly recommend looking into The Mansion you will not be disappointed!!

Beautiful Bed & Breakfast for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Kimberly D

We were so taken aback by the beauty of the Southern Mansion and put at ease after speaking in detail with the wedding coordinator, Andreea, we booked and then went on the tour. Our year long planning process went so smooth. Andreea and all the staff members; front desk,... Read More waiters, bartenders, hospitality members--everyone... were wonderful and we had a more than perfect wedding day 2 weeks after Hurricane Sandy!

My dream wedding

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Diana N

Mel and I got married at the SM on September 9th, 2012. The premises at the Southern Mansion are beautiful; it's a place full of color and elegant vintage detail. Our first impression of Andrea (wedding coordinator) was great! She was pleasant, pretty, professional and most... Read More importantly, it was clear that she knew the business and that she had orchestrated multiple weddings. She provided us with our options and a list of trusted vendors in the Cape May area. She didn’t miss a thing. The SM enabled us to have a different type of wedding—the way we wanted it to be, so we booked it. Through-out the planning months, I found myself consulting the information Andrea provided to us and everything was in there. Sometimes, I emailed her with curiosities of a bridezilla and she always replied promptly and efficiently. She is very organized. We settled in on the Saturday before our wedding and Andrea was there to greet us. She instantly made us feel like the SM guest of honor. Our wedding day was perfect. We had a good night sleep, our rooms were impeccable and breakfast with our family was the perfect start to our wedding day. As soon as Andrea started her shift on the day of our wedding she came in to say hello and to make sure we had everything we needed. She also went in to see me before our ceremony began and backed up my MOH every step of the way to make sure everything was perfect. We loved our wedding and so did our guests. We are still receiving compliments from our guest. Everyone loved the food, especially the flounder turbans and the lamb chops. The bartenders were excellent. Our guest drank a lot and no one had any complaints. In fact, I thought the bartenders were very professional. Mel and I were very satisfied with the way our wedding turned out. To us, it was perfect and that, we owe it to the fantastic staff employed at the SM—everyone was very attentive and the food was incredible. Kudos to the Chef for doing such a great job and keeping our guest happy.

Wonderful Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Jessica H

My husband and I got married on 9-22-12 an had our reception at the Southern Mansion. Andreea and the rest of the staff were everything we could have asked for and more! The food was amazing and the Southern Mansion itself is timeless. Our families enjoyed every moment and we... Read More had the best day of our lives!

2012-10-08T16:28:39 Response from the vendor

Dear J, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It was a pleasure working for you and we loved your beach-themed wedding set up with centerpieces made by your self! It added a nice touch of elegance to our decor... Read Less Read More

Wish we could do it all again!

Reviewed on 6/15/2012 Maureen E

We had a wonderful wedding experience at The Southern Mansion and wish we could do it all again! Our guests are still talking about the great time they had - we highly reccomend this venue. When we first took a trip to Cape May to check out The Southern Mansion we immediately... Read More both said, “this is the place”. It is a very unique and elegant venue – we were able to have our ceremony and cocktal hour outside, dinner in the sunroom and our reception in yet another location. We found the staff to be very friendly. accommodating, and flexible (we had a few last minute room and location changes that were quickly taken care of). What we really appreciated was the fact that many of our guests were able to stay at The Mansion during our wedding weekend - we were able to celebrate all weekend long with our guests (and the rooms are beautiful). And because The Southern Mansion specializes in weddings Andreea and the staff made the planning very easy for us. Andreea is a great asset to The Mansion; she has great attention to detail, was (unobtrusively) present during the entire wedding and ensured that all Mansion functions went according to schedule. We are looking forward to celebrating our 1st Anniversay at the Mansion next year.

Expectations Exceeded!

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Jamie Z

So I wasn't one of those girls who fantasized about every wedding detail, BUT...when it came down to it, I realized that I had somehow been programed to want a wedding from the time I was little. We were able to make so many details about us - as a couple. I don't think we could... Read More have pulled it off nearly as well without the help of the entire staff at the Southern Mansion - especially our wedding coordinator, Andreea. She was extremely professional, kind, and accommodating. We communicated a lot via email and I was able to work with her very well from afar (as we were living in Colorado at the time leading up to our wedding). The Southern Mansion is a stunning place, fit for an intimate wedding. We had 80 guests and were able to do it with the best food and the best environment and it was SO EASY. To be quite honest, I'm a big fan of planning and organizing - so maybe I'm biased about it being "easy." I will say, however, that due to Andreea's help with understanding my vision and therefore executing it the day of the wedding, everything was smooth and perfect. My husband (wow - still getting used to that word) and I were delighted with the way our entire wedding turned out. We recommend the Southern Mansion to anyone with style and appreciation for classic beauty.

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/01/2011 Kimberly O

I had the most beautiful wedding at The Southern Mansion. The location, food and service was AMAZING! I could not have imagined a more beautiful place to have my wedding!