The Stanley Historic Space and Aspen Room

Serving Greater KC Area, MO

The only thing missing is YOU!

Both venues combine modern touches with vintage design. At The Stanley we strive to give every guest the ultimate experience for memories that will last a lifetime. With the addition of The Aspen Room & Rooftop, The Stanley Event Complex is the place to hold your complete function.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Tented

Rentals + Equipment

308 SE Douglas Street, Serving Greater KC Area, MO (816) 651-1246

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Lindsey S

The Stanley was everything a wedding venue should be and much more. We searched all across the Kansas City Metro area for the perfect place and The Stanley jumped out based on its elegance, value, and friendly staff. The Aspen Room is exceptionally beautiful with its classic,... Read More yet modern features (chandeliers, brick walls, dark hardwood floors and dual bars). The venue is extremely spacious with a balcony and rooftop access, which gave our guests a unique experience. All of our guests couldn’t stop raving about how perfect the venue was and how much fun they had. We can’t put into words how incredible Cindy and the rest of the staff were! They truly wanted our wedding day to be everything we envisioned and it was just that as a result of their hard work. Cindy regularly communicated with us during the planning process. Her kind and bubbly personality made her especially fun to work with. She was well organized which made the process super smooth. Cindy gave us suggestions for vendors, but ultimately, we were allowed to bring in our choice of caterer, which is rare for many venues. On the day of the wedding, the staff checked in on numerous occasions with us. We even had some last minute changes, but they took care of our changes within minutes. One bit of advice: contact The Stanley immediately following your engagement because it books up extremely fast! You will not be disappointed!

2015-10-02T08:22:17 Response from the vendor

First off you two were a blast to work with! I truly enjoyed meeting you two and knew from our initial visit that your wedding reception was going to be beautiful and fun. Thank you for the sweet, heartfelt review. We appreciate you choosing our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Cindy and the staff at both the Historic Space and Aspen Room were so amazing to work with. Dennis and I knew the minute we walked through the doors that this was where we would say I do! Both venues are stunning and the staff is on top of every detail and so easy to communicate... Read More with. We were married 8-15-15 on the Aspen Room rooftop and used their gorgeous ballroom for our reception. The bar staff was amazing and kept up with the large amount of drinkers at our party! We also held our Rehearsal dinner next door at the Historic Space. Caitlin made planning the night so easy. Being from Lee's Summit, we are so glad we choose this venue to continue our love story! Cindy, and the staff at both locations-- Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! You helped create our perfect day! Love, Mr. and Mrs. Dennis Bonner

2015-09-20T08:11:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We enjoyed working with you and hosting your wedding and reception at our venue.

Thank you for the memories!!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 angela c

All I can say is that my wedding day was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Jennifer and the staff at The Aspen Room played a huge part in making that happen and I will forever be grateful. My husband and I were able to have our ceremony and reception in one location that... Read More offered an intimate atmosphere. The venue is stunning which allows for minimal décor to be added. My mother, mother-in-law and bridesmaids were able to arrive with hair and make-up done to add our personal touches without running around frantic. Plus any loose ends that I had missed, Jennifer and the staff were right there to help find a resolution. With all that is included in the rental package, vendor flexibility and their coordination with them on the day of truly lightens the load and allows the bride and groom to really enjoy the wedding day. What more could you ask for? :)

2015-09-20T08:10:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. We enjoyed working with you and thank you again for choosing our venue.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Amanda D

If I could give The Stanley 10 stars I would. Cindy and her staff at The Stanley are amazing to work with. They are so kind and really care about you throughout the entire wedding planning process. They are always a phone call or email away. Our wedding day ran perfectly thanks... Read More to everyone there. They made the day so magical. You know they are there, but yet you don't ever see them. They went way out of their way to make everything so perfect for us to setting out cake cutting tools when we didn't have any, to setting up decorations I brought in. The Aspen Room and Rooftop are absolutely beautiful and I am so happy we decided to have our wedding here!

2016-11-18T13:37:42 Response from the vendor

You are super sweet! Thank you for the kind review and for taking the time to post this. We appreciate the fact that you choose us to host your special day! Congrats and best wishes, Cindy and the Stanley Staff!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Amanda D

The Stanley Rooftop for our ceremony and Aspen room for our reception was the perfect choice for our wedding day. The coordinators are amazing and working with Cindy to plan the big day made everything run smoothly day of. The rooftop is gorgeous and provided the perfect sunset... Read More wedding ceremony we were looking for. When things went wrong with our caterer the staff helped us tremendously and kept us from having to deal with them on our big day. A huge plus is not having to do any major set up before or cleaning after. The nicest part is getting to pick from the large selection of onsite decor and not having to buy linens for the tables. I had so many comments on how gorgeous this venue was. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a stress-free, all-inclusive wedding venue.

2016-11-17T10:43:15 Response from the vendor

Amanda and Obed, congratulations! Thank you for the sweet, kind review. I enjoyed working with you and hosting your wedding. What a fun spectacular day! I appreciate you trusting us with such an important day! Thank you! Cindy

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Cori D

The staff at The Stanley Aspen Room made our reception night more than we ever excpeted! They made everything easy and perfect for us and made sure we enjoyed every second and not have to worry about anything but enjoying our night! The venue itself is one of the most beautiful... Read More and well maintained spaces. We will recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! Thank you Cindy, Bryan and staff for making our reception dreams come to life.

2016-10-25T15:05:45 Response from the vendor

Cori - thank you so much for the sweet, thoughtful review! I really enjoyed working with you on your wedding reception. Best wishes always to you and Will!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Madelyn R

I'm not quite sure how anyone else is able to do a wedding without Cindy and her group of help. I felt such in good hands with Julia, Cindy, and their whole crew. Not only did they pick up after us but were there lighting candles and helping out in any way possible. Cindy was... Read More filled with kind words and advice! The venue is so intimate and beautiful, I would highly recommend it! Thank Cindy and King family for making my night and being so kind to us. God Bless!

2016-09-12T17:19:12 Response from the vendor

Sweet Madelyn! Thank you for the kind, sincere review. I thought your wedding was so romantic and so much creative thought went into it. Especially the twig arbor Clint make for you! Poppy's ice cream was such a great idea! Congrats to you both and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Savannah C

I had my wedding reception at the Stanley in June 2016. It was beautiful and the staff was great! The Aspen Room is the perfect place for a reception, we had about 175 guests attend and there was still plenty of room for a dance floor and guests to move around. The only negative... Read More things that happened were that I thought the tent would be down so we could take photos on the roof but unfortunately it was not and the napkins were not all the same color. Other than that (and those weren't even big issues) it was AMAZING! It was beautiful and the staff is very easy to work with. I would recommend this venue to everyone! It was exactly what I wanted for my wedding.

2016-09-12T17:28:04 Response from the vendor

Savannah ~ Thank you for taking the time to review us! I enjoyed working with you and thought your wedding was beautiful! With a Sunday reception only we don't ask staff to come in to take the tent down from Saturday's wedding. Hopefully you still... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Regena

The Stanley was more then I could have ever imagined. The day was so perfect! Cindy was very professional and answered all of my never ending questions.

2016-07-05T07:32:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Regena! I am so happy for you and Marc and wish you both the best. Thank you for trusting us with your very special day. It was our pleasure to host your ceremony and reception. Loved the back of your dress :)

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Madison H

The Stanley staff is second to none. The space is new and beautiful and perfectly complimented by the people running it. Cindy, Caitlin, and Julie made our day go off without a hitch. We had some issues with the wait staff that Julie took care of without hesitation, leaving my... Read More husband and me to enjoy the night. This is truly one of the best venues and it comes at a unbeatable price. I would highly recommend it and if we could do the whole day over again we wouldn't change a thing, especially the venue.

2016-05-25T08:18:10 Response from the vendor

Madison and Nathan thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We enjoyed hosting your wedding and appreciate your sweet, thoughtful review. Best wishes always to you two! The Stanley Staff!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Kellie M

The Stanley was far and away the star of our wedding! We were married in the Aspen room (which is over the top gorgeous); had cocktail hour on the roof (which they staffed and decorated with such class); then had our reception back in the Aspen room (and I did not have one.... Read More single. worry. ALL NIGHT!) Jennifer was amazing to work with and very accommodating. I knew I could email her with any and every little question, and she would put me at ease. The cherry on top was that the Stanley has such a great relationship with so many local vendors, it feels like your friends are just planning the wedding for you! I don't remember how many times I said "why do people say planning a wedding is stressful? THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!" I know that was due to the Stanley and their professional staff. I plan on using the Stanley for every single event I host in the future, and I would recommend them to every bride in Kansas City! Thank YOU for the most beautiful day ever!

2016-05-25T08:20:34 Response from the vendor

Kellie and John - WOW! What a great review. Thank you so much for posting this on the knot. It was our pleasure to make sure everything was taken care of and to see that your special night was all that you dreamed of. Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Rachel H

We just had our wedding at the Historic Event Space last weekend for 80 guests. We LOVE The Stanley for many reasons- the actual venue is beautiful and achieved the ambiance we wanted for our wedding. We really didn't have to spend a lot of money on decorations because the venue... Read More is naturally so lovely. The staff was very helpful throughout the planning process and on the big day. Caitlin was our go to person and she did a fantastic job with laying out all the details and seeing everything through to the end. She was always very prompt in responding to my emails which eased my anxieties. Our wedding went off without a hitch and a lot of that was thanks to The Stanley staff! Everyone commented on how beautiful the venue is and we greatly appreciated all the behind the scenes work Caitlin and others did to help things run smoothly!

2016-04-26T08:11:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We enjoyed hosting your wedding at the Historic Space. We appreciate your kind thoughtful words. Congratulations Congratulations to you both, Stanley staff

Reviewed on 4/09/2016 Rebekah N

The staff here is fantastic. Very professional, without being pushy and with willingness to work with you. We changed things up a couple of times and they went with the flow. We worked with Cindy and Caitlin and they both helped us thing about all the little details. The main... Read More draw for me here was that the Stanley provides a lot! The venue is so beautiful, we hardly needed decorations, they provided all set up and tear down. They flipped the room for us, they provide chairs, linen choices, napkins, center pieces, table numbers, signs. I am so happy with them. They made my wedding look beautiful. And Caitlin did great onsite coordinating. Thank you Stanley!!

2016-04-09T19:17:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We enjoyed working with you and wish you both nothing but the best. Congrats on your wedding and thank you for choosing our venue to host your wedding and reception! Cindy K

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 MacKenzie H

I just had the wedding of my dreams at The Stanley-Aspen Room back in November 2015. My husband and I knew we wanted to keep our wedding local and get married in the Lee's Summit area. The Stanley was our first and only choice, because there is nothing else like it, not even... Read More close. I always wanted a traditional, timeless, elegant, and beyond beautiful wedding. The Stanley fits all those wants and more. The space is absolutely beautiful and doesn't need any added decor. The venue supplies everything you need and has all the extras you might want. The staff is so helpful and friendly they ease any stress away making you feel confident in your wedding plans. Cindy was such a great help with all her knowledge of the space and how well it functions with large groups of people. Our wedding had about 200 guests and Cindy knew exactly how to set the room up with a catering buffet, DJ, head table and dance floor. She put careful thought into the layout to include all the important aspects of a wedding (grand entrance, cake cutting, etc). Not to mention Cindy also handled all the day-of coordination with my vendors making my job as a bride super easy. I could go on and on about this place, but to keep it short, if you want a gorgeous venue in the cutest downtown area, with friendly and helpful staff to make wedding planning a breeze, book The Stanley-Aspen Room. You will not be disappointed and your guests will rave about your wedding.

2016-01-28T07:26:29 Response from the vendor

Mackenzie - Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I enjoyed working with you and Nick on your wedding reception. I appreciate your kind words and thoughtfulness. I am so happy you had the wedding of your dreams. That alone puts... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/20/2016

We had our ceremony and reception in the Historic Room and it was so beautiful and intimate! My husband and I were incredibly grateful for all the employees at The Stanley. They made our wedding run so smoothly, we couldn't even believe it. Even from the beginning, Caitlin, has... Read More been so nice and helpful from answering all my questions to the big picture planning. Thank you for proving that you guys do care about your customers and not just about the building or their money. We really appreciate all the work you guys put in to make our day special.

2016-01-23T08:04:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the thoughtful review. We enjoyed hosting your wedding at the Historic Space. We do indeed care about your special day and that everything runs smoothly. Thank you for taking the time to review us on the Knot! The Stanley Staff

Perfect venue!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Sara E

We had a Friday wedding and reception in the Aspen Room. We LOVED it! The space is truly gorgeous and the staff was easy to work with. We had some unique ideas and Cindy was always willing to help us think through how to make our ideas work. Cindy and her team were great to... Read More work with, even in the most stressful moments. They were professional, organized, flexible, affordable and fair. I would recommend the Aspen Room to anyone considering it.

2015-11-14T08:17:24 Response from the vendor

Sara - thank you so much for posting this sweet, thoughtful review. I enjoyed working with you and your Mom on your wedding and thought your unique ceremony idea was an awesome one. I could tell everyone enjoyed your reception and Jose Peppers for dinner... Read Less Read More

Amazing venue with an extraordinary staff

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Jessica J

The venue is gorgeous and amazing, but more than that, the staff in incredible. Cindy is so helpful and wonderful. It didn't matter how many dumb questions I had, or how many times I changed my mind on linen colors, she always had answers and was willing to work with me. I... Read More cannot recommend the Aspen Room at the Stanley enough.

2015-11-06T12:45:52 Response from the vendor

Jessica and Jared - thank you for choosing the Aspen Room at The Stanley to hold your wedding and reception. I truly enjoyed working with you both on your planning process. I thought your colors you choose were beautiful against your linens. Thank you for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Michelle H

Cindy and all the staff at the Stanley are truly amazing!! My husband and I had our ceremony on the roof top of the Aspen Room and reception in the Aspen Room. Everything on their end was perfect! Cindy and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make my wedding perfect.... Read More I have heard from all of our guest it was one of the best weddings they have been too. Cindy made the whole process from start to finish such a breeze and I knew I didn't have to worry about anything because I 100% could put all of my trust in them. They really treat you as if you are family. I would recommend the Stanley to anyone for not only weddings but any kind of occasion were a large space is needed! I really couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else!! Thank you so much to everyone Drew and I truly appreicate all your hard work you did for us!!

2015-10-19T14:19:46 Response from the vendor

Michelle, Thank you so much for this sweet review! I enjoyed working with you and your Mom on your wedding. I am glad you enjoyed your day with Drew and appreciate your kind words. Wishing you both nothing but the best! Stanley Staff

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

We were blessed to be able to work with Caitlin at The Historic Room. From start to finish, she was amazing! All of my emails/inquiries were answered in a timely manner and she was extremely helpful in suggesting ideas to make our planning go smoothly. On the day of, she even... Read More stood outside and directed guests to available parking and was on duty til the very end. All of guests have spoken of how beautiful and elegant the facility is and loved the layout. We would highly recommend this venue for any special event. Sharon and Ronald Dean Married 9-25-15

2015-10-07T20:29:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We were honored to host your wedding at the Historic Space. Thank you for choosing our venue! Best wishes always, The Stanley Staff

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

From the moment I stepped into The Stanley I knew we were going to married there. From the chandeliers to the brick walls you get a glamorous and rustic feel and so much more.I cant say enough about Cindy King and her staff. From the first meeting to the last she made us feel... Read More like it was her first wedding. She has a Charisma about her and that is something you can't just find anywhere. Planning a wedding is alot of work and can be very stressful but Cindy is there to help you along the way. She loves what she does and wants your day to be magical. The venue is magical! I can now say that because of The Stanley that I got my dream wedding! Thank you King family and staff. You made our dream come true!!!!!!

2015-09-26T08:10:22 Response from the vendor

Molly ~ Thank you for taking the time to make sure this review showed up! I enjoyed working with you and James on your wedding with us! Your words are so touching and it is Brides like you who keep me going and loving what... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Kadie K

The Stanley is a beautiful almost all inclusive wedding venue option. We ended up paying for more than we expected after the bar cost but Cindy works to make sure your day goes as planned. She has a good staff of people.

2015-09-26T08:15:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kadie for posting a review on our services. I know the extra guests that showed up to partake in the alcohol was not expected but being a business we had to charge for those who were not accounted for on the hosted alcohol... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Crystal L

My husband and I just got married two months ago and I can't begin to explain how happy we were with The Aspen Room!!! We worked with Cindy who is the absolute sweetest and most wonderful person to work with!! She is extremely organized, knowledgeable, and very helpful which... Read More makes your BIG day that much smoother. Everything went perfect with our wedding because of her help. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. Some of my favorite pictures are from the inside of the Aspen Room, it is truly flawless. Basically, I can't say enough great things about this amazing venue and every single employee. Even after the wedding, all of the staff helped my family with the clean up and did it with smiles. If you choose this venue, I promise you that you will not regret it!!! It's very affordable and worth every penny. Thank you guys for making our wedding day the most magical day of our lives!!!

2015-09-20T08:09:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the sweet, heartfelt review. We really do appreciate you taking the time to review our services. We enjoyed working with you and hosting your wedding reception with us

Great venue!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Liz L

Cindy at The Stanley went above and beyond to make our wedding go smoothly and her team was awesome. The space is gorgeous and kept very nicely. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

2015-09-20T08:07:55 Response from the vendor

Thank You Elizabeth for taking the time to review our services. I enjoyed working with you and thank you for choosing our venue to host your wedding reception.

Everything you could ask for and more!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Cayleigh G

The Stanley staff is AMAZING!!! Cindy is so helpful! This was the exact image I had for my wedding, it is a tad pricey but well worth every penny! The Stanley staff is always quick to respond to any questions and are just a wonderful resource to have! The only down side is that... Read More if you do your ceremony on the rooftop make sure you have a runner, the stain they have on the floor will stain your dress!! I will always recommend The Stanley to anyone in need of event space!!

2015-09-20T08:06:35 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed hosting your wedding and reception. Thank you for taking the time to review to us.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015

The Stanley (both spaces) are beautiful places to hold your special day and the staff is great; very organized and professional. I was able to really enjoy my wedding day because of all of their help! I really could not have asked for things to have gone any better. Highly... Read More recommend!!

2015-09-20T08:00:09 Response from the vendor

Thank You Brooke for the sweet review. I really enjoyed working with you. Thank you for choosing our venue to hold your wedding.

Start a Conversation!