The Stanley Historic Space and Aspen Room

Serving Greater KC Area, MO

This is Your moment

Both venues combine modern touches with vintage design. At The Stanley we strive to give every guest the ultimate experience for memories that will last a lifetime. With the addition of The Aspen Room & Rooftop, The Stanley Event Complex is the place to hold your complete function.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Tented

Rentals + Equipment

308 SE Douglas Street, Serving Greater KC Area, MO

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Lindsey S

The Stanley was everything a wedding venue should be and much more. We searched all across the Kansas City Metro area for the perfect place and The Stanley jumped out based on its elegance, value, and friendly staff. The Aspen Room is exceptionally beautiful with its classic,... Read More yet modern features (chandeliers, brick walls, dark hardwood floors and dual bars). The venue is extremely spacious with a balcony and rooftop access, which gave our guests a unique experience. All of our guests couldn’t stop raving about how perfect the venue was and how much fun they had. We can’t put into words how incredible Cindy and the rest of the staff were! They truly wanted our wedding day to be everything we envisioned and it was just that as a result of their hard work. Cindy regularly communicated with us during the planning process. Her kind and bubbly personality made her especially fun to work with. She was well organized which made the process super smooth. Cindy gave us suggestions for vendors, but ultimately, we were allowed to bring in our choice of caterer, which is rare for many venues. On the day of the wedding, the staff checked in on numerous occasions with us. We even had some last minute changes, but they took care of our changes within minutes. One bit of advice: contact The Stanley immediately following your engagement because it books up extremely fast! You will not be disappointed!

2015-10-02T08:22:17 Response from the vendor

First off you two were a blast to work with! I truly enjoyed meeting you two and knew from our initial visit that your wedding reception was going to be beautiful and fun. Thank you for the sweet, heartfelt review. We appreciate you choosing our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Cindy and the staff at both the Historic Space and Aspen Room were so amazing to work with. Dennis and I knew the minute we walked through the doors that this was where we would say I do! Both venues are stunning and the staff is on top of every detail and so easy to communicate... Read More with. We were married 8-15-15 on the Aspen Room rooftop and used their gorgeous ballroom for our reception. The bar staff was amazing and kept up with the large amount of drinkers at our party! We also held our Rehearsal dinner next door at the Historic Space. Caitlin made planning the night so easy. Being from Lee's Summit, we are so glad we choose this venue to continue our love story! Cindy, and the staff at both locations-- Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! You helped create our perfect day! Love, Mr. and Mrs. Dennis Bonner

2015-09-20T08:11:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We enjoyed working with you and hosting your wedding and reception at our venue.

Thank you for the memories!!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 angela c

All I can say is that my wedding day was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. Jennifer and the staff at The Aspen Room played a huge part in making that happen and I will forever be grateful. My husband and I were able to have our ceremony and reception in one location that... Read More offered an intimate atmosphere. The venue is stunning which allows for minimal décor to be added. My mother, mother-in-law and bridesmaids were able to arrive with hair and make-up done to add our personal touches without running around frantic. Plus any loose ends that I had missed, Jennifer and the staff were right there to help find a resolution. With all that is included in the rental package, vendor flexibility and their coordination with them on the day of truly lightens the load and allows the bride and groom to really enjoy the wedding day. What more could you ask for? :)

2015-09-20T08:10:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. We enjoyed working with you and thank you again for choosing our venue.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

We were blessed to be able to work with Caitlin at The Historic Room. From start to finish, she was amazing! All of my emails/inquiries were answered in a timely manner and she was extremely helpful in suggesting ideas to make our planning go smoothly. On the day of, she even... Read More stood outside and directed guests to available parking and was on duty til the very end. All of guests have spoken of how beautiful and elegant the facility is and loved the layout. We would highly recommend this venue for any special event. Sharon and Ronald Dean Married 9-25-15

2015-10-07T20:29:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We were honored to host your wedding at the Historic Space. Thank you for choosing our venue! Best wishes always, The Stanley Staff

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

From the moment I stepped into The Stanley I knew we were going to married there. From the chandeliers to the brick walls you get a glamorous and rustic feel and so much more.I cant say enough about Cindy King and her staff. From the first meeting to the last she made us feel... Read More like it was her first wedding. She has a Charisma about her and that is something you can't just find anywhere. Planning a wedding is alot of work and can be very stressful but Cindy is there to help you along the way. She loves what she does and wants your day to be magical. The venue is magical! I can now say that because of The Stanley that I got my dream wedding! Thank you King family and staff. You made our dream come true!!!!!!

2015-09-26T08:10:22 Response from the vendor

Molly ~ Thank you for taking the time to make sure this review showed up! I enjoyed working with you and James on your wedding with us! Your words are so touching and it is Brides like you who keep me going and loving what... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Kadie K

The Stanley is a beautiful almost all inclusive wedding venue option. We ended up paying for more than we expected after the bar cost but Cindy works to make sure your day goes as planned. She has a good staff of people.

2015-09-26T08:15:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kadie for posting a review on our services. I know the extra guests that showed up to partake in the alcohol was not expected but being a business we had to charge for those who were not accounted for on the hosted alcohol... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Crystal L

My husband and I just got married two months ago and I can't begin to explain how happy we were with The Aspen Room!!! We worked with Cindy who is the absolute sweetest and most wonderful person to work with!! She is extremely organized, knowledgeable, and very helpful which... Read More makes your BIG day that much smoother. Everything went perfect with our wedding because of her help. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. Some of my favorite pictures are from the inside of the Aspen Room, it is truly flawless. Basically, I can't say enough great things about this amazing venue and every single employee. Even after the wedding, all of the staff helped my family with the clean up and did it with smiles. If you choose this venue, I promise you that you will not regret it!!! It's very affordable and worth every penny. Thank you guys for making our wedding day the most magical day of our lives!!!

2015-09-20T08:09:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the sweet, heartfelt review. We really do appreciate you taking the time to review our services. We enjoyed working with you and hosting your wedding reception with us

Great venue!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Liz L

Cindy at The Stanley went above and beyond to make our wedding go smoothly and her team was awesome. The space is gorgeous and kept very nicely. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

2015-09-20T08:07:55 Response from the vendor

Thank You Elizabeth for taking the time to review our services. I enjoyed working with you and thank you for choosing our venue to host your wedding reception.

Everything you could ask for and more!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Cayleigh G

The Stanley staff is AMAZING!!! Cindy is so helpful! This was the exact image I had for my wedding, it is a tad pricey but well worth every penny! The Stanley staff is always quick to respond to any questions and are just a wonderful resource to have! The only down side is that... Read More if you do your ceremony on the rooftop make sure you have a runner, the stain they have on the floor will stain your dress!! I will always recommend The Stanley to anyone in need of event space!!

2015-09-20T08:06:35 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed hosting your wedding and reception. Thank you for taking the time to review to us.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015

The Stanley (both spaces) are beautiful places to hold your special day and the staff is great; very organized and professional. I was able to really enjoy my wedding day because of all of their help! I really could not have asked for things to have gone any better. Highly... Read More recommend!!

2015-09-20T08:00:09 Response from the vendor

Thank You Brooke for the sweet review. I really enjoyed working with you. Thank you for choosing our venue to hold your wedding.

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Ashley J

This venue is a must see...(and book)! The beautiful inside mixes a rustic modern feel that is second to none. I fell in love with this place immediately and knew this is where I had to have my wedding! The staff (Cindy, Adam, Caitlin) were a God-send from start to finish! They... Read More are truly experts in helping you pull off one of the biggest days of your life. My mother and I can't praise them enough for all they did! The bridal suite is so cute! Because of the charm of the space there is very little decorating that needs or should be done. No need to take away from the brick walls or tin ceilings with chandeliers. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our day the most majestic experience I could have dreamed of. -Ashley & Paula

2015-09-20T08:12:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really do appreciate it. We enjoyed working with you on your wedding and reception at our venue.

Gorgeous Venue and Phenomenal Staff

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Amy Michelle G

My husband and I were married on January 1st, 2015 and a large part of what made the day so perfect was The Historic Stanley. We had so many guests come up to us and gush over the design of the building, the reasonable cash bar, and the intimacy of the setting. On our end, we... Read More could not say enough about the commitment, organizational ability, and genuine pleasantness of the Stanley representative who coordinated our wedding, Caitlin. Seriously, she is positively amazing! The Historic Stanley was the perfect venue for our personalities, the staff was friendly and inviting (Caitlin, Adam, and a finely mustachioed bartender), and the classic decor provided a timeless setting. We couldn't be more pleased with our experience and know that the success of our wedding was in large part due to the contribution and hard work of the Stanley staff.

2015-09-20T08:03:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for this very nice review. We do appreciate you going on our site and reviewing our staff and services.

Great space, helpful staff.

Reviewed on 12/30/2014

The Stanley is a beautiful space for an intimate wedding reception. Everything is well lit and romantic. The staff was super helpful and great to work with when I DJ'd a reception there this December. I would recommend!

2015-09-20T08:13:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you for reviewing us. We enjoyed working with you.

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Callan P

We had our wedding at the Aspen too at the Stanley. The room was absolutely gorgeous and Adam the bar manager was incredibly helpful!!! I would definitely recommend to other brides!!!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Addie B

I had my wedding at the Aspen Room and it was everything and more than I had dreamed of. The lighting was beautiful (chandeliers and side up-lighting), the wooden doors and floors and the atmosphere was just so magical. Not to mention the staff was extremely helpful and made my... Read More night go smoothly. If I had to plan another wedding The Aspen Room at The Stanley would be my first choice!

Amazing Staff, Amazing Space!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Joanna H

Cindy King and the crew at the Aspen Room did a fantastic job with our November 14th wedding. The space itself is beyond beautiful and has so many special touches to make it even more perfect (i.e. a prep kitchen, bridal suite, groom's suite, rooftop space). Cindy and Caitlin... Read More were more than happy to answer all of my questions and put me at ease throughout the entire process. The service day-of was more than I ever could have expected (they even guided us through a hydrangea mishap) and I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else. Thank you, the Stanley Event Space! You all are amazing!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Jessica H

My husband and I LOVED this wedding space. It was perfect for a rustic, vintage wedding. You barely have to decorate and it already looks amazing! The owners and staff are great to work with and they don't over price the facility. We also walked around downtown Lee's Summit and... Read More it was great for pictures. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

The Aspen Room is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Caitlin B

My reception was perfect because of the Stanley staff! Cindy, Jennifer, Bryan, Tyler and Adam went above and beyond to make our day special and beautiful. I never stressed or worried once! They set up your tables and chairs, plus the linens and the napkins. I rented some... Read More items from them and they set all of that up for me. My florist (Amy Cason with Victorian Gardens) came in decorated, and I really didn't have to do anything except a few items that I brought in myself. The bar staff did a great job taking care of my guests. I can't thank The Stanley enough for making our day absolutely perfect. So so happy!

Great venue

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 t f

The staff is great. The venue is great. I tell everyone about this place.

Seamless Elegance

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

I used the Aspen Room at the Stanley Event Space for my wedding reception in June 2014. From the planning to the execution, everything was wonderful. The staff was second to none and coordinated extremely well with my caterer, DJ, and cake delivery. The Stanley accommodated... Read More all of my special requests and figured out how to make the most effective use of the space for a large group of people. I wouldn't change anything at all about the Stanley or my experience. I couldn't have asked for a better all-around process.

The Stanely Aspen Room - Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 8/29/2014

Absolutely pleased with our daughter's wedding receiption that was held in the Aspen Room. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jennifer and her staff. She was available any time we needed her, very responsive, friendly, professional and knows the business well. My... Read More daughter and I discussed her wedding last week, and she stated "she would not have changed a thing". Everyone had a wonderful time, it was a great evening. The room was perfect size for our 250+ guests. They were comfortable and all complimented the venue. It was perfect having the 2 bars and 3 bartenders available. The set-up worked great with the wedding party and guests. It turned out beautiful.

We were so happy with this venue!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Shannon S

My husband and I got married at The Aspen Room on the rooftop and also had out ceremony there on the second floor. The staff at The Stanley truly couldn't be any better. They were so helpful and answered my very frequent questions with patience. I had my heart set on using their... Read More tent on the rooftop during the ceremony but because of the wind that day I couldn't have it. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the fact that I was notified by email and not a personal phone call on my wedding day. I would've have liked to know sooner about the tent problem. I wasn't prepared for the wind, I wasn't able to have the flowers I purchased for the ceremony because of the chance they would blow away. I had minimal ceremony decorations because I thought the tent would add the romantic theme I had envisioned for the ceremony. The reception space is absolutely gorgeous, I was able to set up the day before because my wedding was on a Friday. That was extremely helpful!! My guests are still talking about how nice the venue was and it was SO nice to have the ceremony and reception in the same location. We did our pictures before so our guests only had to wait 20 minutes or so for us, which was perfect because they could get a drink from the bar and find their assigned table. Overall my husband and I were so happy with The Aspen room and the entire staff. It is a tad on the pricey side but worth it to have my guests stay in one location. We would definitely pick this location again if we could do it all over again!!

Perfect Day, Perfect Place, Perfect People

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Courtenay M

June 21st of this summer I was blessed to marry my best friend! Our day was nothing short of SPECTACULAR! While we are blessed with an amazing group of people who supported us throughout this journey we were also blessed to meet a group of incredibly hard working, kind,... Read More warmhearted people - the owners and employees of The Aspen Room at The Stanley. We were married on the rooftop at this venue and it was perfect! The atmosphere adds something new for all in attendance. The views provided are those of rustic downtown, along with a beautiful blue skyline. Everything went smoothly during our ceremony thanks to Cindy and her crew's hard work and dedication. They were there every step of the way making sure our day was nothing short of what WE wanted. As the bride you are constantly consuming yourself the day of the wedding with anything and everything, and it is VERY reassuring to work with someone who has your best in mind. Cindy recognizes the importance of the day and takes care of anything and everything so the bride and groom enjoy their day. Our service was perfect because all things were thought of for not only us, but for our guests as well. Water was placed in the lobby for a quick refreshment so all could stay cool, which they did! After our ceremony guests were escorted downstairs where everything was beyond perfect! The reception hall was set up to a "T" and guests were greeted with food and drinks while the wedding party waited in the BEAUTIFUL bridal suite to be introduced. The atmosphere of The Aspen Room is breathtaking. From the brick, to the detailed tiling, to the beautifully carved bars, countless chandeliers, and a BEAUTIFUL entry way the room is one-of-a-kind. Cindy was on top of everything ALL night, and not only was she concerned with my husband and I, but also with our family and making sure they were pleased with all the happened, which was HUGE to my parents. I have been beyond blessed to marry my best friend and better half, and only doing this one time, I can say whole-heartedly we did it the right way. Your day should be nothing short of what you and your husband want and the Stanley provides that at all levels! Simply put, if you are looking to work with a(n): -patient -kind -hardworking -honest -supportive -outgoing -caring -passionate -customer focused group of people who also provide countless planning sessions and PERFECT execution, well then The Stanley is the place to be! We can never thank them enough, and would recommend The Stanley any day at any time!

Nothing but love for The Stanley

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Melody T

The Stanley was AMAZING! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue. I was double booked at my original wedding venue, and the owner was amazing and worked with me to help me have my wedding here. She was very sweet and extremely considerate during this stressful... Read More event. The staff goes above and beyond to do what they can to make your day special and run smooth. I would definitely recommend The Stanley to all of my friends.

Nothing but praise for the Aspen Room at the Stanley Event Center

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Annie S

I have absolutely nothing to say about the Aspen Room at the Stanley but praise! The owners are an incredibly kind married couple who genuinely care about making your wedding day all that you want it to be. From start to finish, Cindy offered us guidance on all things wedding... Read More and recommended great vendors for us. I felt as though I had a personal wedding planner as she was incredibly quick to respond to my emails and was always thinking one step ahead of me. She worked very well with both of our mothers during the wedding planning and took very detailed notes in all of our meetings to ensure she didn't forget a thing! This venue was created especially for weddings and they did not miss a thing! The pictures speak for themselves! It is well worth the price as they will not disappoint you and will be sure to ease the stress of planning a wedding.

TO The Stanley Historic Space and Aspen Room