The Starting Gate at GreatHorse

Hampden, MA

Prime Date - Saturday, October 7, 2017 AVAILABLE

Drive through a gated entryway to our mountainside stone and cedar venue with uncompromising views of the Connecticut River Valley. Our breathtaking views match our luxurious design. From an intimate gathering to an extravagant wedding, we can focus on your wedding details and bring your vision to life!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Garden, Mountain

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

128 Wilbraham Rd, Hampden, MA (413) 566-8010
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Meghan B

My husband and I were fortunate enough to be the very first wedding at The Starting Gate at GreatHorse and will be forever grateful for the entire experience. The venue itself if top quality in every way possible...the view, the amenities, the staff; I could go on and on. The... Read More event coordinator was very organized, professional, accommodating...just a pleasure to work with! The food...is amazing! The Chef creates food that is sure to excite anyone's palate. I would highly recommend the Starting Gate at GreatHorse to everyone!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at GreatHorse Country Club in June. The entire experience far exceeded our expectations. First, the venue itself is breathtaking. The view is phenomenal and the physical facility is elegant and well appointed. Second, the event... Read More coordinators were absolutely outstanding. We worked with an experienced team who really took the time to listen to our needs and then seamlessly worked with us to create the perfect event. Our event included a recommitment ceremony, cocktails, sit down dinner and dancing. The chef composed a beautiful selection of passed hors d'oeuvres and multi-course dinners, complemented by wine selections, liquor and espresso bars, a dessert bar and late night snack menu that was creative and delicious. The team also provided us with excellent recommendations for florists, DJ services and wedding cakes. All recommendations were completely on-point. We would absolutely recommend GreatHorse to anyone interested in hosting an event -- from an office party to a formal elegant affair such as a wedding. Outstanding in all respects.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kathleen M

The Starting Gate at GreatHorse in Hampden, Ma is an incredible wedding venue. From the moment you arrive at the majestic gates topped with gas flames you know that the GreatHorse team is going to transport you into another world. As you drive up the roadway you experience the... Read More beautiful maintained greens of the golf course and the stunning architecture of the buildings with breathtaking views of the Pioneer Valley. As the mother of the bride and someone who worked in the wedding industry for 20 years, I’m not easily wowed and all I can say is “WOW”! We were in awe of the beauty of The Starting Gate. The detail in the high copper ceilings, the gorgeous chandeliers, the beautiful stone fireplace, the spacious wrap around deck overlooking the views and the sides that can go up an down to accommodate the weather without taking away from the view (even the rest rooms are stunning)! We were sold, but that was only the beginning. Throughout the planning stages the Catering Manager, Chris Sullivan and her team (Meghan, Lauren and Cathy) guided us effortlessly. They were friendly, efficient and organized. Their knowledge and suggestions all made for the perfect day. We had the pleasure of getting ready in the most elegant bridal suite and the staff saw to our every need. I was pleasantly surprised to see the whole management team on the day of the wedding, executing the details flawlessly! Chef, Chris Cote’s culinary expertise and special touches did not go unnoticed. The fresh foods made onsite, the plate presentation, and flavor was truly five star and had all of our guests raving. Thank you to the whole team for making our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding a spectacular event!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Molly B

Amazing service. Besutiful venue. Still receiving compliments from guests.

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Tara C

Chris & Lauren are absolutely amazing to work with. I had immediate chemistry with Chris right when I met her. She was able to implement everything my fiancé and I wanted on our day. Lauren is so helpful, she is the nicest, thorough, and very creative. I am so happy that we... Read More chose Greathorse for our venue, not only for the gorgeous landscape but working with Chris and Lauren was such a joy. They made it fun.