The State Room

Albany, NY

Welcome to The State Room

The State Room is the Capital Region's premiere wedding venue and has been inducted into The Knot Wedding Hall of Fame.The perfect combination of superb architecture, impeccable cuisine and superior service is what sets The State Room apart, ensuring your day is perfect on every level. Here at The State Room we strive to exceed expectations. All of our wedding packages include a State Room champagne greeting, fresh floral centerpieces for your guest tables, a personally designed wedding cake, overnight accommodations for the newlyweds, five hour open bar service, a variety of linens, transportation for the couple in an Antique State Room car, parking adjacent to The State Room, and professional event planners to assist with every detail.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

Bow2010

100 State Street , Albany, NY (518) 432-7773
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Stephnie C

Both Anthony and I would like to thank Tom, Eric, Tara, Steven, and everyone else at The State Room for helping us celebrate our long awaited wedding, helping us make it one of the most amazing and romantic events we've ever been a part of. There are no words that can truly... Read More express the gratitude we have for all that you did for us on November 12th, and every day leading up to it. There was never a lack of attention to detail, never a lack of communication with us and my family. It just amazes me at how seamless it was. Eric, from the moment we met you, we were sold. Your professionalism is unparalleled to those we've met prior. It's so true that when someone is doing what they love, others love to do it with them. There was never a dull moment, even when Ant's dad had a footwear malfunction. Not only did you offer to find another pair that fit, but had others in reserve if they weren't comfortable and dance worthy. We are forever grateful to you for being absolutely amazing at making dreams come true. Tara, you were my (our) rock through this whole journey. You're attention to not only the wedding details, but how WE were handling all the other details. It really proved that you wanted this for us as much as we did. There was never a lag in communication, you were always on point, and played the therapist when needed. It means more than you'll ever know. Chef (Steven), it was love at first sight...talking about the food, lol! I still can't wrap my mind around how much food was prepared and the extra lengths you went to in specializing for us and our guests, helping make our wedding the most 'well fed' guest book EVER! There are so many places that provide a menu, and don't deviate from it. You went above and beyond to make this event as specialized as possible and we are truly thankful to you for all you did. You have a tremendous team behind you that work so hard to allow you to shine. They all deserve a huge compliment as well. I remember at the tasting, Ant sarcastically asked for a smaller Prime Rib, and you said his was the children portion. His face was priceless. Keep doing what you do. You have a remarkable talent that is limitless. Ahem, Mr. Tom. I'm never at a loss of words, but for some reason, right now, all I can say is Thank You. Thank you for having a vision of happiness. Thank you for providing such an amazing venue for people to embrace and celebrate the milestones of their lives. Thank you for treating us like family. Thank you for understanding that in order to have what you have, you need to have GREAT people behind you. Your venue is stunning, your staff is impeccable, you cars are dead sexy, and you will forever be 'family' to us. In summation, if you would like to witness perfection and elegance, with a splash of flash, don't hesitate to call on The State Room to help make your dreams a reality. We still have people talking about everything from the lights behind the stage, to the food, to the uplighting, to the sign at the bar that says The Celises. Thank you everyone. We love you and will see you in January when we are back in town. All our best to you today, tomorrow, and forever and ever.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Kara B

The State Room was the BEST choice that we could have EVER made for our wedding venue. Griffin and I had examined a few other venues in Vermont and in NYC prior to exploring Albany venues. The other venues that we looked at made things complicated and we always left each one... Read More with a sinking feeling that we were being treated as business and that the owners did not have any genuine care of who we were as individuals. While expressing our concerns to my brother, a highly esteemed DJ (Metro Music) in the Capital Region, he told us about The State Room space and the team’s amazing capabilities. We had to see it to believe it. We decided to schedule a tour with the State Room and decide for ourselves. Upon arriving, we fell in love with the grand architecture of the building. It looked like a ballroom straight out of a fairytale. We fell in love with the space immediately because it speaks for itself. With that being said, we were nervous that the State Room team might fall in line with the other venue teams that we had previously met. This was not the case. Eric Michael Stewart, Tom Nicchi and two other members of their team sat with us on that same afternoon to simply get to know us and see if The State Room would be the right fit for our wedding vision and for us as a couple. They discussed package deals and amenities and assured us that we would be handled with care and precision throughout the wedding planning process if we chose them to host. I did not want to leave the State Room on that day, Griffin and I had not only fallen in love with the space but the team was genuine and professional and we could tell from that moment we needed them for our wedding. We left the State Room in happy tears knowing that this would be the venue for our first party as Mr. & Mrs. We would soon realize we were only on the precipice of finding out just how INCREDIBLE the State Room team really was. During the wedding planning process, The State Room had flawless communication and would always kindly remind us if we had any responsibilities to take care of. We soon realized that the State Room team was not just within the building at 100 State Street. The family reaches far beyond those walls. Their choice vendors have a very loyal relationship with them and work with you to make your vision a reality. We chose Jason and Heather Bryer of Bryer Photography, Pesha from Flowers by Pesha, Louise from Piece of Cake Bakery and Chris Dunn as our pianist to be a part of our special day. They all brought their A game and came together flawlessly to make our day perfection. As the day came closer, I was somewhat worried if my vision for reception décor would translate since I could not be there to set up on the morning of the wedding. Eric handled my very high expectations with ease and finesse- even creating a word document checklist of small detail placement so that everything was accounted for on the day of. Everything went on without a hitch. Tom escorted Griffin and I in his vintage cars and spoiled us with love and care on our wedding day. The food at the reception was insanely delicious and VERY plentiful. The service was great and our guests were incredibly pleased. We realized that The State Room was not just a wedding venue for us, their staff became family. To all of the brides and grooms to be- stop looking, The State Room is everything you could EVER ask for and more.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Rachel B

We got married almost six weeks ago at the State Room in Albany and are still getting wonderful, daily feedback from our guests. “What a gorgeous venue!!” “The food was outstanding,” “My filet was THIS big,” and “The service was on point!” The two of us couldn’t have been... Read More happier with our big day. A huge thank you is in order to everyone at The State Room for making our day so perfect! It really was the best day. Everything about the venue, the food, on site ceremony and accommodations were perfect. Eric and Tom made the whole process so enjoyable and made us feel at ease- which is not always an easy task toward the bride-to-be! If we had any questions throughout the process (from the menu, to vendor options to nearby accommodations) we could call and talk to any member of The State Room staff, and we would receive an answer. If we sent an e-mail, we would receive a response from a staff member within twenty-four hours. The staff at The State Room ensures everything is perfect yet unique to the couple on their big day. I tend to be a worrier and get stressed easily, but from day one planning with The State Room, I guarantee you will feel so comfortable and pleased with your choice. The State Room in Albany is a wonderful venue and I would highly recommend it!! Thank you to The State Room staff for making our wedding day perfect.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Ashley+Kris M

The State Room set the stage for the wedding of our dreams. From start to finish, they catered to our every request and offered suggestions along the way. Their venue is gorgeous and romantic. A true fairytale. Behind the scenes organization is on point and they’d thought of... Read More everything before I had even given it consideration. Bartenders and servers were professional, quick, organized, and accommodating. The food is out of this world amazing. The #1 compliment we received from guests was regarding the outstanding food and service. Thank you to the entire State Room team for the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Liz C

Everything was absolutely perfect for our reception at The State Room! Even our guests still rave about how it was the best wedding they've ever been to! The service from the staff was exceptional, everyone was so friendly and nice to our guests. And let me tell you, the food... Read More was phenomenal and no one will leave hungry! Everything was planned to a T, and our wedding coordinators Eric, Tara, and Melissa checked on every detail we needed or wanted. They were always quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and I felt a great ease knowing that they were there for my husband and I on our special day. I had no stress about the reception because I knew everything would be in order and they truly exceeded my expectations! Thank you for a wonderful time! If you want a beautiful, top notch wedding, book here!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Amanda A

We had our wedding reception at the State Room on 4/7/17. My husband and I live in NYC but ultimately hope to move to Albany in the future, so we decided it would be the perfect place to have our wedding. We visited several locations on State Street because we really liked the... Read More feel of downtown Albany. When we first met with Tom, Eric and Tara, we could feel right away that they were passionate about their jobs. They made you feel comfortable, like family, from the moment you sat down with them. Weddings are an industry, but my husband and I didn’t feel at all like business was the priority, as we did in competing venues. Living far from the venue, most planning took place over the phone or email. Everyone was so helpful no matter what we needed. No question was too dumb or small to be answered. We are both Hispanic and we wanted to have some Latin flare to the food. We were able to meet with the chef and customize our dishes to get exactly what we wanted. Our wedding day was absolute perfection! More than we could have possibly imagined! The food was amazing! The service was amazing! Tom, Eric and Tara are amazing! One month later our friends and family are still raving about everything from the smallest to largest detail! Thank you to all at the State Room!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Chris N

If you think of classic halls as wedding factories, think of the State Room as an artist's studio. Each couple is treated as a member of the State Room family and is treated in that way. Every detail, every process, and every person; is important and unique to your day. We had... Read More our wedding at the StateRoom on 4/1/17 (AprilFool’sDay), and these two fools were on cloud nine. We visited here on whim as we had two other venues in mind, and right from the start, the feeling was already different. Tom, Eric, and Tara treated us as part of the family and got us loving the place within the first 15mins being there. From playful jokes to warm hugs, we couldn't believe what a difference it made on our view (and our nerves!). Throughout the process, they were extremely detail oriented and super efficient via email as we did live almost 2hrs away. Never was there a moment of "oh no!" or "we forgot!", because the team was always on their game. When it came time to wed, the day was fluid, beautiful, and perfect. Not many weddings are you still having relatives/friends still praising the food and event, weeks afterwards. One thing we can say, come hungry because you will be fed like royalty. The hors d'oeuvre, entrées, and drinks were all top notch. The venue was beautifully lit showing off its classic architecture and the vibe was always on point. This also has a lot to do with the other vendors that constantly work with the StateRoom. This was HUGE, because they were all a close nit family and didn’t have to reinvent the wheel. We had a lot of things in our wedding that would be considered non-traditional or just omitted from the event. Some places would make it difficult to deviate from their set-plan, not the StateRoom. Not only were they extremely accommodating, they made sure that our guests didn’t even notice by making it as fluid as can be. We had a lot of traditionalists attending our wedding, we didn’t hear one peep. All the obvious praise is great, but it comes down to the little things that set this place apart from the rest. The warm feeling they give you, both in person and over the phone, never gave the sense of “just for the money”. The playful jokes, and at this point, some great inside jokes we have with them, kept our nerves in check. Both Eric and Tara constantly checking in with us during the wedding making sure everything is great. Tara coming over to the groom who was mingling with family during the reception, just to tighten his vest without interrupting. Even Eric coming in like superman, taking off the bride's shoes while eating to replace them with her flats was a nice touch. It is the little details like these that make you day so much more. Our advice? Picking a venue is difficult, but the planning and organizing is damn near chaos. Choose a place that gives you that special feeling, and not only on the visual but also with the team running the show. The State Room is the mold that should shape all others in this industry, and we are truly grateful for the experience! From Corinne and Chris (C+C), thank you to Tom, Eric, Tara, and the State Room team!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Yalonda B

We had our wedding at The State Room on 4/15/16 and it was awesome. People are still talking about the food and how great the staff was. I knew from the minute I first seen the venue I wanted to have my wedding there. Tom, Eric, and Nicole are the best! I would have many many... Read More more events there.

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Veronica K

We had our wedding at the State Room last month and it was truly magical. My husband and I planned most of our wedding from another state, which we thought would be difficult, but the team at the State Room made the whole process really easy for us. They were always there to... Read More answer my calls or e-mails. The ceremony and reception were perfect. Everything looked beautiful and the food was amazing! Our guests are still raving about the food and the venue. Eric, Tom, Melissa, and Tara were all amazing to work with and the day wouldn't have been the same without their help. We would recommend the State Room to anyone looking for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Emily S

My husband and I had our wedding here in November and it was nothing short of SPECTACULAR. Where do I even begin to explain how amazing this venue is?! When you walk in the door, you are immediately blown away by the beauty of this building, as it looks like you have stepped... Read More back in time with the craftsmanship of the architecture and lighting. Then you meet Tom and Eric and the rest of the staff who are the most genuine people you will meet in the business. Anything you need down to the smallest detail is covered. Then to the options and affordability, there honestly is no better "bang for your buck". AND THE FOOD IS THE BEST FOOD YOU WILL EVER HAVE. My husband and I went to The State Room before any other venue and are so glad we did. We picked them right off the bat. When you pick The State Room, you automatically have half of your wedding planned by taking that first step with them. I CANNOT give them enough rave reviews. Everyone I meet that is getting married, i urge them to choose The State Room. There is no better service, food or staff anywhere in the world. I feel like I have a bigger family after having had our wedding here. We cannot thank them enough for the amazing job they did and for all of there help on the greatest day of our lives!!! #itsschwallgood

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Paul N

The State Room's coordinators are top notch professionals. They offered advice on everything as we planned our wedding, including items that were not in their area of responsibility. It is those little touches that separate The State Room from other venues, they actually care... Read More about every couple. Incredibly organized and well prepared for every meeting and milestone, Eric was a rock-star whom our guests even commented on his excellence. The night itself was also a blast, the room is naturally beautiful, the staff fantastic and the food outstanding. It was clear that everyone involved went far above and beyond to give us the best possible wedding.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Sara G

I would recommend The State Room to anyone planning a wedding or an event. My husband and I had our wedding reception there last month and it was incredible, better than I had ever imagined. The staff members are amazing! Throughout the planning process they kept us on track... Read More and on schedule. Tara and Eric are great to work with and will accommodate any request. They are excellent wedding planners and take their jobs very seriously. Their main goal is to help you have the best day possible. Choosing The State Room was the best decision we could have made. We knew we were in good hands and working with them eliminated so many of the usual wedding planning stressors. Tom offers the best valued package you could get anywhere and all of the staff take great pride in their work. When it came to the wedding day there are very few words that could describe how AMAZING everything was! The food was abundant and delicious, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the venue was simply gorgeous. Eric made sure we were taken care of all night and kept everything running very smooth. He has a lot of experience and can anticipate and plan for everything (sewing kit on hand to help with my dress halfway through the night). Tom was by our side all day, keeping my parents and me at ease on the way to the church and then taking care of my husband and me after. He treated us like his kids and made sure everything was special. His sole focus throughout the day and night was us. I don’t know many (or maybe any) proprietors who are so hands on. You all made our day incredible, remarkable, unbelievable… I could go on, but it was simply amazing. Every attendee we have seen since has said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. We have received many comments about the beautiful room and setup, the delicious and seemingly endless amount of food, and most of all the great service. Thank you Tom, Eric, Tara, and everyone else who made our day so great!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Brittany M

My wife and I got married on 10/16/16 at The State Room and LOVED every second of our day! From the very beginning, the management and wedding coordinators were amazing. They were available at all times and were so quick to respond to emails, random questions and panicky phone... Read More calls. It's true what they say, that planning a wedding is SO stressful. The State Room offered to help in every and any way throughout our planning process. Foremost, the venue itself is so gorgeous! When you take a tour, you just feel the elegance this place encompasses. The food never stopped and tasted amazing! Our guests did not leave hungry (or thirsty for that matter). We really enjoyed the 'little touches' throughout. We don't want to specify because if you are reading this...please go get married there and experience them for yourself...but they truly go above and beyond! There are things included that you can't get anywhere else...and that makes this venue (and the people that run it) so special. The cake being included, Tom carrying my dress all afternoon and personally escorting us around in an antique car on your big day...the list goes on and on. Our guests had such an amazing time! It has been a little less than a month and we still hear how amazing and how 'perfect' our wedding was. It is an experience that you can't get at just any venue. We would do it again in a heartbeat at this beautiful venue with these beautiful people. Matter of fact, please feel free to invite us to your wedding if you get married here. We would LOVE to join you :-) Special thank you to Eric who is the general manager and one of the wedding coordinators at The State Room. Our experience would not have been the same without him. Not to mention our family and friends just adored him. He really cares and makes you laugh during the most stressful moments of your 'big day'. Give The State Room a call and plan to visit Tom, Eric and their crew...you will be so glad you did! And if you want to talk to some brides who had an amazing wedding there, ask for our number. We would be GLAD to talk with you! Sincerely, Brittany and Christy Murray

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Alyssa Z

They don’t lie when they say your wedding is going to be over the top!! My husband and I got married a little over 2 weeks ago and are STILL hearing from our guests how outstanding the food was to how gorgeous the venue was. From the second I walked into The State Room I knew I... Read More had to get married there. The atmosphere, the staff…everything was picture perfect from the moment we stepped thru that door to find a venue for our special day. Its so hard to put into words how grateful we are for Tom, Eric, Tara and all the other amazing staff that is behind the scenes until the day of the wedding. This venue is not just a wedding hall, its an experience of a lifetime with a staff that practically becomes your family thru the process. Up to the last few weeks leading up to the wedding I had to be calling them at least 2 -3 times a week asking them questions and confirming things. Eric and Tara were very patient and attentive with my questions and reassured me every step of the way that everything would be PERFECT! The day of the wedding Tom was by my side every step of the way up until we got to the the venue. He picked up my dad and I in the Cadillac and made sure we were hydrated until the church ceremony. He helped me in and out of the car, watched my veil and held my dress and was constantly making sure I was doing okay. After the ceremony when we were going around taking pictures he was just as attentive with me during picture taking and making sure things ran smoothly. Once we arrived to The State Room, he went back into the kitchen himself with other staff members and made an outpouring amount of food with beautiful presentation! As for Eric, thru this whole process I felt like I had a best friend by my side and he made me laugh every step of the way. He is very personable, loving and makes sure you are his number one priority the entire day! I never went without a drink by my side, or without my lipstick that I absolutely “needed”, which Eric went on a wild goose chase trying to track my MOH who had it for over 15 minutes! Needless to say, he went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and how I wanted it to be. When the night was coming to an end, we did NOT want it to end because it truly was a fairy tale wedding that we could not have dreamt up anything more perfect. My husband and I will cherish every single moment we had with The State Room, and wish we could go back in time to repeat it all over again! A HUGE THANK YOU doesn’t even cover our gratitude for what Tom, Eric and the rest of the staff has done for us, they will always hold a special place in our heart! From the bottom of our hearts, we love you! PS. Since we had such a good time, maybe we will just have to do a renewal of our vows in 5 years just to hang out with you guys again?!?!?

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Henry B

On Friday October 7th my husband Robert and I had our wedding reception at The State Room. I am proud to say that we were the first ever male gay couple to be hosted at this venue. Virtually everything was perfect, and when any small problem arose the staff were right there to... Read More make it right. The food was extraordinary and more than abundant. The atmosphere (particularly for an evening reception) is warm, sophisticated and elegant. I would strongly urge anyone in the Albany area to put The State Room on your short list when selecting a venue for your wedding reception. One more thing...if you are looking for a gay friendly yet "traditional" christian church for your ceremony, I'd recommend you consider Westminster Presbyterian Church at 262 State Street in Albany. Reverend Reisner is wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Mary G

Words cannot express our gratitude to The State Room for making our special day a grand celebration. They truly have perfected the art of wedding planning, ceremonies, and receptions. Future brides and grooms, you will not find a more astounding venue with a more dedicated and... Read More hardworking staff! When we first looked at venues, we thought finding a beautiful one would be the solution to nearly all our wedding planing needs. However, the more locations we visited, the more we realized they were just that...a pretty venue, a reception hall, a room and nothing more. All these venues were lacking something, but we just couldn't put our finger on it until we toured The State Room. From the moment we met Eric and Tom, we knew the missing pieces had been found and that The State Room was not going to be "just another venue", but rather an experience. From start to finish, Eric was with us every step of the way planning our big day, keeping us on track, picking up the pieces when we so desperately needed help. He simplified all the monstrous tasks that come with planning a wedding and made it look effortless. Tom spoiled us and our guests immensely with unheard of portions of delicious food, amazing hors d'oeuvres, and a fabulous top shelf selection. Both were eager to go above and beyond, thus constantly exceeding our expectations throughout the entire process. They added details only true professionals would think of and it made everything even more perfect! We simply could not be more thrilled with our special day. Most say you gain a second family when you get married, but we feel like we gained a third with The State Room.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Heather M

David and I had our wedding at The State Room a week ago today and I have been having trouble trying to find the right words to describe how wonderful it was. Tom and Eric really out did themselves. As well as all the undercover staff at The State Room that go unnoticed but do... Read More so much! Tom was right there by my side holding my hand and my dress as well as my flowers, giving me water and making sure I was okay throughout the day. He was family. He even managed to fit our kids and ourselves into his antique convertible at the end of the night at take us on a quick cruise around Albany, what a wonderful memory. And then there is Eric! He made sure everything was just as we wanted it for both the ceremony and reception. And it was BEAUTIFUL! Any issues that arouse he was quick to fix i.e. my lanterns didn't arrive in time for the ceremony so he kindly let us use theirs! He was there with cold compresses when he saw that I was hot! Him and his staff even ran to get me aspirin during the night when I had a headache! The service couldn't have been more on point. I felt like it was something out of a fairytale. They love what they do and their work and dedication show it. The food is phenomenal!! The guests are still raving about it all! I didn't want it to end and I wish it could all be done over again because it was that perfect!! You guys at The State Room are incredible and have exceeded our expectations! We love you for making our day extra special. Thank you for being the biggest part of it!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Alexa E

I knew from the minute I stepped into TSR I had to get married there. The venue speaks for itself, but Tom and Eric are the priceless icing on the cake. They let you know from the beginning they will deliver and will not leave one stone unturned, and after our wedding I will say... Read More this is a fact. We live out of the area right now, and after meeting with multiple venues The State Room was THE ONLY venue that left us 100% confident that anything and everything we needed at any time would be taken care of; they made me feel calm, comfortable and at ease. The day of our wedding was like a dream come true; like a movie. From Tom picking me up in his vintage Rolls Royce and braving the cold for hours while we got every shot, to the out of this world food that just kept coming, to Eric ensuring at every moment Tim and I and our guests had everything we needed, and everyone staying until the bitter end making sure we had EVERYTHING, the accommodations are literally endless. At the end of our wedding I didn't want to say goodbye. It was the most magical night of our lives. After reflecting on the weekend, and receiving endless compliments, we can truly say there is NO better experience. Thank you SO, so much Tom, Eric and everyone at The State Room for everything you did for us!!! We love you!!!! Love Alexa and Tim Palmieri

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

My husband and I were married at the State Room about a month ago, and we feel so blessed to have found such a remarkably amazing venue. The staff went above and beyond to make our wedding truly wonderful. When we asked for lavender to be included in a cocktail, they scoured... Read More the country side until they found the right variety. When we asked them to set up hundreds of books and bookmarks as favors, they did so. Any questions we had, any concerns we felt, were immediately answered and remedied. We also loved the element of surprise that Tom and Eric threw into the mix such as all the extra, gorgeous candles that Eric swathed the room in or the special appetizers that Tom added such as spicy sword fish. They, and everyone else at the State Room, certainly worked tirelessly to pull off a wedding that our family and friends will speak of fondly for all our lives. The food was superb, the room set up lovely, and the staff outstanding. We are so grateful to all of you at the Stateroom for everything. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 JaimeLee M

I don’t usually write reviews, but the State Room earned one. They took care of me and my wedding from start to finish and then some, so it feels like the least I can do. The individual attention I feel I was given throughout the entire process was a fantastic surprise. They... Read More helped with the wedding planning process, which I don’t think I could have done without them. They kept me on target and on budget, they connected me to the people I needed to connect with, and they helped me customize the way I wanted without judgment or hesitation to make me feel like my wedding was my own, and not one of the many they host at their beautiful venue. The food was delicious despite the several changes and requests we made, the room looked beautiful, and the staff members were so helpful and nice the entire evening. It really felt like everyone there cared about how the wedding went and how happy my wife and I were throughout the night. The price seems unbeatable when I think back to the food and overall personal service dedicated to my needs specifically. A special shout-out to Tom who was open and more than accommodating to all of our tweaks and wishes, and genuinely kind and helpful to me and my family during the wedding. Another big shout-out to Eric who kept us feeling energetic and optimistic throughout the whole planning process despite our lack of direction and knowledge when we began! He also worked his tail off during the wedding day making sure everything happened perfectly, from finding us a last minute officiant when ours unexpectedly was unable to attend, to making sure my wife, myself, and all our guests were each having the night of their lives. It seems all my guests knew his name and could recall something he specifically did the night of the wedding. The State Room is highly recommended.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Maria D

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and I wouldn’t change a thing thanks to The State Room Staff. Every single time that we met with Eric and Tom was a pleasure. They made us feel as if we were a part of their family, and it really made the planning process extra special.... Read More Right from day one they were there to answer any questions, to offer advice, and just to help me with anything that I needed. As the wedding grew closer, I felt like I had to be forgetting something because everything was going so well. I gave them a call, and within a few short minutes my fears were gone. They confirmed that everything was set and ready to go and encouraged me take some time to myself and enjoy this special time in my life. My friends would ask me if I was stressed out with the planning, and I would simply respond with a genuine smile and say “Not at all, The State Room has everything under control”. I truly appreciated how important it was to them for my husband and I to be able to have some alone time before we headed into our reception. Once we got to our private room we had the opportunity to take peak at our reception, and it honestly took my breath away. Everything came together from the flowers, the candles, the lighting, the décor was just executed flawlessly (which is exactly what happens when you have a team of true professionals). Now I have to say that I am a self-proclaimed foodie. You always hear people say that you will be so busy, you won’t have time to enjoy yourself, or try your food. Well that couldn’t be further from the truth here! We had the most delicious appetizers, dinner, and drinks waiting for us! That gave us such an energy boost that we were ready to party the night away, and that’s EXACTLY what happened! Throughout the night our guests were constantly coming up to us raving about the staff, the food, the venue itself, and how it was the best wedding they had been to in years! To anyone who is looking to have an elegant wedding at a stunning venue with great service, delicious food (your guests will absolutely be going home with plenty of leftovers), and an above all a great party I highly recommend The State Room. The staff will always have a special place in our hearts, and we are forever grateful for the memories that were made. Trust me you won’t be disappointed, they are true to their word, and our wedding truly was #overthetop

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Kara L

We had our wedding reception at The State Room almost a month ago and are still hearing rave reviews from our family and friends. 'That room was gorgeous!', 'There was so much good food', 'The staff was so attentive', 'I've never seen such a huge steak!' To say that our wedding... Read More day was perfect is an understatement. Tom and Eric went out of their way to make our wedding day a truly magical event; something that I will never forget. After our first meeting with Tom a year and a half ago, I knew that The State Room was going to provide an unmatched quality of service. Tom truly loves the wedding business, but not once did I feel like we were doing 'business' with him. Instead you become family - and what better way to celebrate your wedding day than surrounded by family! Throughout the entire wedding planning process Tom and Eric were always a phone call or an email away (and would respond within the hour!) to answer any question, concern, or just to check in. Tom also made sure any dietary issue was not a concern. Being a bride with celiac, I was very nervous I wouldn't be able to eat at my own wedding! But The State Room went out of their way to ensure ALL food served that was gluten free. We were even given the opportunity to create our own menu (pear goat cheese salad was an AMAZING creation!) and have a private gluten free tasting. No request is too big for Tom and Eric - you dream it and they will make it come true. The day of our wedding was one of the hottest days this summer. Tom picked me up in the morning to take me to the location of our first look and made sure I stayed hydrated and cool for the remainder of the day. He became my unofficial train/veil holder (bridal party where were you?) and even re-tied the bow of my belt. I'm telling you, the staff becomes your family! When we first arrived at The State Room after our ceremony, Eric ran to grab orange slices and cold compresses as soon as heard I was feeling dehydrated and faint. Throughout the rest of the night he made sure our drinks were always full, food was always there, cake was cut correctly, and everything stayed on time. My favorite moment was just before our introduction - Eric was making sure everyone was in line and on cue, but we had a second with him as the rest of the bridal party was already out on the dance floor. The three of us shared an inside joke and the photographs of our laughter is priceless! The service we experienced was unbelievable and I am truly grateful for all the laughs and memories we have shared with the staff at The State Room. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and hope to see you all soon! If you are looking for a place to start creating a lifetime of love, laughs, and memories, The State Room is the venue for you.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Loneke B

From day 1 The State Room provided exemplary service, attention, and value. My one goal was to eliminate wedding-related stress and The State Room was the key to making that a reality. On the first day I met the owner of the venue, a rare thing at any other establishment.... Read More Before walking out of the first meeting I knew this was the place for my wedding reception. They are extremely organized, pleasant and knowledgeable. The value cannot be matched. All of my guests are still raving about The State Room venue, staff, and overall experience. They have said it's one of the best weddings they've ever gone to. Again, I can't overstate what a great value The State Room is. It is an all-inclusive venue providing coordination, great food, drinks and service. Going above and beyond what you ask is what they do consistently. I could thoroughly enjoy my wedding that night, and make memories that will last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

I have spent over a week thinking about all of the things I could say about the experience we had at The State Room. And words cannot express the gratitude we have towards The State Room team for all of their work and dedication toward our wedding. From Day 1, Tom told us that... Read More he would take care of us and that he did. With Michael (my now husband, yay!) being stationed at Fort Bragg and myself busy with my undergrad at the University at Albany, I had never thought I would feel as much at ease as I did all throughout the wedding planning process. In October of 2015, we were engaged and wanted to get married soon. By the end of October we had stumbled across photos of The State Room. We had never thought a wedding there would be an option, mostly due to how expensive and beautiful the pictures were. We decided to email their team anyways and they responded quickly and set up an appointment with us to check them out. After our meeting with them, we were ready to become their next state room couple for May 27th, 2016. With Michael being stationed so far away and me busy with school work, we weren't sure how overwhelming the process would become. But it never did. Tom and Eric are the wedding guru's sent from heaven. They never pushed us around, they always explained everything they needed done, did everything step by step, set up food tastings with us, led the rehearsal before the wedding, and took care of us from the moment we stepped into their building on 100 State Street. We never felt the need to hesitate in calling or emailing them with questions, and they always responded efficiently and with such professionalism. After the wedding, we got so many compliments. Some from prior wedding singers and DJ's, saying that it was the BEST wedding they have ever been to. We cannot say enough about them. If I have any regrets, its not booking them the next day for part two. We cannot thank them enough for everything they have done for us ! We love you! With Love, Carina&Michael

Reviewed on 3/13/2016

FABULOUS AND FLAWLESS WEDDING My husband and I want to take this opportunity to formally thank you for everything you did to make our daughter and son-in-law’s January 23, 2016 wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception a memorable, wonderful, and “over the top”... Read More experience. The State Room was the first venue we planned a meeting with and once we met with Tom and his staff, we cancelled all of our other meetings and knew that this was the place our daughter’s wedding was meant to be. Generally we take months to research and make a decision, but we knew right away this was it!! From the minute we made the decision they sat down with us with a list of recommended DJ’s, florists, cake bakers, and photographers. This whole process felt so organized and was so helpful. We used photographer/genius Rob Spring-Rob Spring Photography, amazing/floral designer Linda Jensen-Flowers Forever by Linda, the incredible DJ Mike Garrasi with Music Man Entertainment, seriously the best cake I have ever had by Louise at a Piece of Cake Bakery and Cafe, the beyond accommodating MaryLu with Ferri Formals, and our “beauty” team Lauren France-Hair, Cassandra McKenna and Beauty By E-Erica Sherman-make-up. Who made sure everyone was there on time and EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT???? The beyond amazing Eric Michael Stewart - General Manager and Senior Wedding & Event Coordinator and Tom Nicchi-owner of The State Room! Both Eric and Tom made our daughter’s wedding absolutely flawless!! Brides/grooms and their families need quality- personalized attention, well-seasoned professionals who know what it takes to make a wedding successful, and everything that the bride and groom are looking for. The State Room and their staff know exactly how to deliver. Every parent wants the best for their children, especially on their wedding day; this not only met but far exceeded our expectations. Our friends and family had a wonderful time at the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and we keep hearing that it was the best wedding our guests ever been to! Everyone raved over the incredible cocktail hour, how delicious the food was, the variety and how large the portion sizes were, how friendly the staff was and how elegant the State Room looked. Eric, Tom and the staff took care to seeing that the entire night went off without a hitch; attending to our guests, making sure our food was beyond perfect-each French onion soup was “torched” to perfection, every detail was completed to perfection. It is hard to put into words how truly amazing The State Room is, it is not just a venue it is a complete 5 star service from top to bottom. The State Room has the best service, from bartenders to servers, to the general manager and owner Eric and Tom, who took care of us like we were family!! We are so grateful to have had our daughter’s wedding at The State Room and we highly recommend it to all couples. From the bottom of our hearts we cannot thank you enough for a more perfect, beautiful, and flawless event! We wish you continued success, and cannot wait to attend future weddings at your establishment. Thank You!! Yours truly, Audrey and Steven E