The State Room

Albany, NY

Welcome to The State Room

The State Room is truly the Capital Regions premiere wedding venue and has been inducted into The Knot Wedding Hall of Fame.The perfect combination of superb architecture, impeccable cuisine and superior service is what sets The State Room apart, ensuring your day is perfect on every level. Here at The State Room we strive to exceed expectations. All of our wedding packages include a State Room champagne greeting, fresh floral centerpieces for your guest tables, a personally designed wedding cake, overnight accommodations for the newlyweds, five hour open bar service, a variety of linens, transportation for the couple in an Antique State Room car, parking adjacent to The State Room, and professional event planners to assist with every detail.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

100 State Street , Albany, NY

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Danielle S

To show you how much we loved the State Room, I have included our letter to the State Room.... Tom, Eric, Emily & Staff, My wife and I would like to take a moment to profusely thank you for everything you did for us, from the planning to the absolutely perfect wedding... Read More itself on October 26, 2013. Not only did we have the night of our lives but our guests did too! In the days after our wedding we received numerous accolades from guests thanking us for inviting them, letting us know how amazing our wedding was and that the food was not only delicious but the best they’ve had at any wedding! The sheer number of these comments, in our opinion, clearly shows how much care and effort all of you put into making sure your couple's have a perfect wedding. From the day we first met with you about your packages it was clear that The State Room was where we wanted to have our wedding. Every detail is discussed, recommendations from years of experience are provided, and everything is written down and scheduled to provide a stress free wedding day. What this amounts to is essentially full service wedding planning, happily included for free. At first we were pleasantly shocked by this unexpected helpfulness but when we saw our day come together it was clear why you go out of your way to provide such great help. You hear about how stressful some people's wedding days are and how there is always something that goes wrong. Well we are pleased to say this was not the case for us, everything went perfectly, there was no drama or problems and nothing went wrong. We attribute this to all the hard work and planning that all of you put in before our wedding, and we can't say thank you enough for it! If you are reading this review and considering having your own wedding at The State Room I will offer you this advice, book it. Not only will these fine folks bend over backwards to give your fiancée and you a dream wedding day, but they will treat you like family while doing it. Bottom line, they will make sure that everything goes as planned, that you are stress free and most importantly that your wife is stress free, that to me is priceless. So once again all our thanks to The State Room and Staff for giving us the most magical night of our lives. It was truly a fairy tale wedding; we will never forget it and will be forever thankful to all of you

Best Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Katie O

I'm recently married and had my wedding reception at The State Room. The entire day was perfect and went so smoothly. The day started when Tom picked my mom and I up where we were getting ready to bring us to the church in the car we selected (he has several antique cars for... Read More couples to choose from to use the day of the wedding). Before walking down the aisle, Tom helped keep me focused and calm. After the mass, he coordinated where we were having our pictures taken with the photographer and drove us from spot to spot. Before being introduced into the reception, Tom arranged food for us to eat (and that goodness, because there wasn't much time to eat once the party started!!). The rest of the night was absolute perfection. Everyone was raving about the food (make sure your guests pace themselves---there's lots of food!). The bar was easily accessible and there was never a line to get a drink. The servers were well coordinated and everyone was given each course at the same time. Brides--look no further! The State Room is the best wedding venue in upstate NY!

Simply amazing

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Megan O

I had my wedding here on July 5, 2013. Saying it was great is an understatement. Tom and his staff go out of their way to make your day perfect. No question is too absurd, nor concern too minuscule. They will make your day exactly how you want it...and then take it up a... Read More notch. At my welcome party, everyone kept commenting about how calm I was. I told them, just wait until you experience tomorrow (@ the State Room) and you will understand why. I seriously did not have one concern about my wedding going perfectly; I knew Tom and Eric would make sure it was amazing. They are family for the day and will make sure you day is 'over the top' and you feel like a princess. I would wholeheartedly recommend The State Room to any bride to be!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

They are simply AMAZING!! There are not enough amazing and wonderful things to say about The State Room!! Tom and Eric were incredible!! From recommendations of vendors to keeping us on a timeline throughout the entire process, which as a bride I greatly appreciated! The food... Read More was outstanding!! It over exceeded our expectations on our wedding night from the quality to the presentation & taste. People almost a year later are still raving about how amazing the food was that night! The night was flawless. Their organization and timing was spot on! They also have a personal touch to everything they do which we greatly appreciated. You don’t feel as if you’re just another couple. They genuinely care about each of their clients and give you a reassuring feeling that they will do everything they can to make sure it will be the most special day for you. It goes without saying that my husband and I HIGHLY recommend The State Room to any future bride and groom!!!! You will not be disappointed in any way, you will be blown away by how wonderful of a venue they truly are!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Rebecca K

From the first very time I called Eric at the State Room, he was nothing but helpful. He was respectful and accommodating to ALL of my now husbands big ideas... And trust me... They were big. Eric and his team were incredibly professional and on point. I never once worried... Read More during the reception if our guests were happy and well fed. Our wedding was seamless and perfect! It's 13 days later and we are still getting calls and cards about the ceremony, reception, and food, and how AMAZING everything turned out. Thank you Eric for being hard working and dedicated to making our wedding perfect. You made us feel as though we were the only Bride and Groom that has ever mattered. Love you!! During our first look, Tom drove us around for the pictures. Not only did he drive us but the man bearly left my side when pictures weren't being taken. He held my dress so it didn't get dirty. He made sure my shawl was around me and that the wind didn't blow we away! It was so cold that It even snowed!! His help was very much appreciated!! Perfect. Wonderful. Spectacular!! Thank you! THANK YOU!!! I cannot say enough GREAT things about the State Room!! WE LOVE YOU, STATE ROOM!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Kaela A

I am usually very good with words, but almost a month later I am still processing every perfect moment of our wedding day. My wedding day was perfect. I come from a really big family and we've had a lot of weddings; you can imagine my joy when we were told repeatedly ours... Read More was the "best wedding ever." Start to finish, everything was seamless. Food was excellent, the service was outstanding, the venue "WOWed!" and it was great that my husband and I were able to just sit back and enjoy ourselves while everything was taken care of. I owe both Tom and Eric a great deal of gratitude. They are just so warm, kind, engaging, and they just took such good care of us. You can tell that these are two gents who embody the company mission - and the attention we received on our special day was unmatched! From our hearts to yours, Thank You to the State Room for hosting our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jenna K

From the moment my now husband and I saw The State Room, we knew it was for us! After meeting Tom and Eric it was a confirmed "yes!". Not only did Tom meet with my Mom and Mother-in-law seperatly (due to them living out of town), both Tom and Eric responded to my emails and... Read More phone calls within 24 hours. The week of the wedding was not stressful. How many brides can say that!!!! Everything was taken care of! After our beautiful rehearsal dinner (at The State Room), the nerves started to kick in. The moment I saw Eric the day of, all my nervousness went away. I knew everything was going to be ok. The feeling of excitement of marrying my true love could take over! The hardest part about this wedding was saying goodbye the day after. Eric, Tom, and the wonderful staff will forever be apart of our wonderful wedding bliss. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Marie G

Tom, Eric and Nicole are by far the best! Most girls dream of the perfect fantasy fairy tale wedding and The State Room gives you this plus more. It is exactly one month today, we have been married and I am still on cloud nine! I wanted this review to be the best ever because... Read More that is what was given to my husband and I. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was perfect, over the top and more than I have ever expected! I am a stickler for the "little details" and having everything perfect. There are no worries with this trio! The venue is beautiful, the staff is courteous, Tom treats you like his own family, Eric and Nicole make sure everything is flawless and it is simply the best night of your life! If you want that over the top fairy tale, there is no other place to look. You will be taken care of at The State Room and I wouldn't recommend anyone else! The State Room is above and beyond your dreams! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Tom, Eric and Nicole, you will forever hold a place in my heart and thank you for making my wedding simply, the best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Paige F

WOW. Words can not even describe how perfect our wedding was. It all started when we first visited the state room for a venue tour. Tom, and Eric, greeted us and sat down to listen to all we had to say. They were personable, warm and welcoming. They genuinely cared about our... Read More wants, and needs. We left, with no hesitation that the State Room would be a perfect venue for our special day. Well, a year and a half quickly flew by and Tom and Eric were with us every step of the way, responding to emails as we planned from out of state, and meeting us whenever we came to town. They made us feel like we were the only wedding they had happening. Undivided attention to our needs, and unbelievable service. We also held our rehearsal dinner in their space on the second level , which was a perfect start to our weekend. Brides to be- take advantage of this, as it is so convenient to walk upstairs after your rehearsal and enjoy a beautiful evening. Plus, you will NEVER find a place that offers better food and service. Every dream And vision I ever had about how my wedding would be, became a reality and BEYOND. The state room staff went above and beyond our expectations. Eric and tom were by our side the entire day, even carrying my dress :) the food and drinks are to die for. We took food home to last us the next few meals!!! Clearly, I could go on for days. We can not thank them enough for everything. Thank you thank you thank you. We absolutely loved everything and will never forget how amazing our once in a lifetime wedding was. Much love! -Dan & Paige Paluch

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Nicole G

My husband and I had our wedding at the The State Room June 28,2015, to use the word amazing would be an understatement! I cannot express enough how happy we were with not only the venue but with Tom and his wonderful staff as well they really did exceed our expectations and... Read More not to mention it has been a few months since our wedding and we are still getting positive feedback not only about how beautiful the venue is with its elegant feel or the staff but everyone keeps raving about how delicious and well prepared the food was lets not forget the fact that everyone had enough food on their plates for two people, not one person had anything negative to say. We had attended many weddings within the past few years and we knew exactly what we wanted and didn't want and they made our fairytale themed wedding a true fairytale! We cannot thank them enough for all they did to make our day special!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

OUTSTANDING! Tom, Eric and The State Room staff we want to THANK YOU for making Heather and Matthew's wedding and reception on 9/12/15 an awesome day we will always remember! Tom your attention to detail, amazing food, treating our daughter like she was your own and... Read More delivering on everything you promised made this event one that the Zampino and Berman family will always remember!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Elizabeth C

The State Room was everything my husband and I were looking for and so much more. The downstairs reception area was absolutely dreamy and the ceremony area upstairs made our I-Dos lovely, warm and intimate. My husband was overjoyed that we got to use not one, but two of Tom's... Read More gorgeous antique cars! Tom and the staff were wonderful from our first appointment to the day after the wedding. Every detail was perfectly planned. Eric did an excellent job during the rehearsal to get us all in tip-top, wedding-ready shape (we really really needed it) and in making sure that everything would go just perfectly...and it did...mostly. But that was our fault. Everyone on staff was always helpful, professional and friendly. My guests raved about how smoothly everything went and how awesome the service was throughout the cocktail hour and reception. And Oh My God the FOOD!!!! Let me just say that I didn't believe the hype about the food...I thought the venue itself was beyond gorgeous and all the amenities and services provided by the State Room were wonderful bonuses that made planning so much easier. And I expected the food to be good, but I wasn't expecting it to be some of the best I've ever had. And boy did my guests agree: One of my guests was a pastor who actually stopped in the middle of his sermon the following week to tell everyone who didn't attend the wedding how awesome the food and the rest of the night was. Everything was just perfect. The State Room went above and beyond and did way more than we expected them to, and more than they were required to. It really was an Over the Top Wedding, and we loved every second of it. Our only regret: it ended far too soon.

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

I do not even know where to begin with this review! My daughter got married on July 31, 2015. We have been to several weddings in the Capital District over the last couple of years (I am not being biased) but this was by far the best! Maggie and Joe knew from the moment we... Read More walked in and talked to Tom, Eric and Belinda that this was the place! They are truly professional but at the same time fun and eager to make your wedding day the most memorable and they did that and more! The food was absolutely out of this world! I don't remember how many passed hors d'oeuvres they could choose, but I know they served many more than we picked! Our guests were absolutely amazed and impressed at the food that was served during the cocktail hour! Everything from shrimp and scallops, lamb, beef, quesadillas, mushrooms....It was amazing! Then you receive a 4 course dinner that was out of this world delicious! Not only do they serve top shelf liquors and have a wonderful bartender, Michael, but you also get to choose wine. My sister has a vineyard/winery in Maryland and they were able to get that wine and serve it at the wedding! The cake was provided by Piece of Cake in East Greenbush and was absolutely delicious! Centerpieces and flowers were provided by Flowers Forever by Linda located in Delmar who did a fabulous job! Tom who not only owns and manages The State Room was also our chauffeur from our house to the church and then Maggie and Joe for pictures and to The State Room! He has several vintage cars you can choose from. Maggie and Joe picked an vintage Rolls Royce. Rolls Royce even tweeted their wedding after seeing a picture! We did not have a wedding planner as is most common today. We did not need one! Eric, Tom and Nicole along with our other vendors, Vinny from Cool Cat and Maggie and Patrick (Living Radiant Photography out of the Baltimore area) and Dale Himelrick (Memories in the Making videographer) worked together and did a PNENOMENAL job! I don't think any wedding planner could have done it better! Not only did our guests enjoy and continue to comment on everything but we all did as well thanks to all of you! We knew that Maggie and Joe were going to have a spectacular wedding but Tom, Eric, Nicole, Michael and their staff went above and beyond! It definitely was "Over The Top" and by far exceeded our expectations! We can not thank you all enough and tell you how much Todd, Maggie, Joe and myself appreciate everything that you all did to make this day the BEST DAY! In closing, I will say this.... The State Room is by far the best venue in the area! Thank you all again for your dedicated, hard work in making this the most memorable day! We so enjoyed working with you and becoming friends with you! Dori and Todd Haines

Reviewed on 5/23/2015 Jen B

Hello and congratulations if you are reading this! This review is about the truly extraordinary State Room in Albany, NY. From the first day to the last day The State Room was everything my wife and I wanted. There are not enough words to quantitatively and qualitatively express... Read More how happy we are, but let us try by breaking it down into the following categories which were important to us: Highly organized and efficient: The State Room has planning documents, templates, schedules and all kinds of tools to help with the planning process. In addition they take the time to guide you through it and explain the roles and responsibilities. This ensures clear expectations are understood and transparency exists. Given the importance of the day I wanted to be completely clear on what we needed to manage, how The State Room will support us, and what The State Room themselves will manage. The high degree of organization also was evident on the day of as well – we were on time for everything and no issues occurred. Attention to detail: There were so many cool details that The State Room had and they don’t nickel and dime you for them. So many options that were all well executed. They never try to upsell and give you honest opinions. Excellent communicators: They are responsive, attentive and genuinely interested. The passion they have was evident in our every communication. They took the time to understand our vision and offered expertise and suggestions. They worked with vendors effectively as well as our wedding party. With so much going on they made the day about us and took a lot off our plates with regard to communication. We also liked that they could work effectively over the phone and via email since we were a few hours away from Albany. Beautiful location: The location is amazing. The high ceilings, beautiful tapestry, etc. It looks even better at night with the lights on too. Highly recommend seeing it at night because it really comes together. The layout is the perfect distance between the stage, the bar and the dance floor. The spacing within tables was perfect and didn’t feel cramped. Overall everyone loved the location, and we did too. Best food and drink: Everyone went nuts about the food. Cocktail hour had more food than you can dream of eating. You won’t be able to try everything and if you do you will be too full to eat the most amazing dinner. Every dinner dish was incredible – prime rib, sole, Italian food, etc. The portions were large and they gave to go doggy bags. We were eating our wedding food for the following week after. So happy. As for the drinks – extraordinary. Excellent top shelf selection for hard alcohol plus customized beers and wine. No wait for drinks – it was non-stop flowing. Overall The State Room genuinely cared about us. They wanted us to have a wedding we will remember for the rest of our life. We couldn’t have envisioned it better – the suggestions and expertise enhanced it to the max. Me, my wife, my family and my friends would all recommend The State Room based on our experience. Good luck and happy hunting!

The State Room is Over The Top

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Brandi D

The State Room graciously refers to many weddings as "Over The Top" however their level of expertise, pride and service is definitely in that category. My husband and I have NO regrets for having our ceremony and reception at The State Room. Our family members and friends are... Read More still talking about the beautiful and fantastic time they had at the wedding as a whole. They are well organized in ALL that they do. The entire staff is very genuine and make you feel like your wedding is the most important wedding EVER. From Tom, Eric, Emily to servers, the bartender and valet workers EVERYONE is professional. The food is outstanding. Hot and cold appetizers and h'ordeuvres galore. My guests enjoyed EVERY single course, two months later they are still talking about the wonderful amount of food they received and was able to take home. My husband and I did not get to eat anything from the salad to main course because we were soooo into our wedding. BUT it all was packed up and ready for us to take with us. AFTER the reception the food was still excellent. Originally we were sold on the elegance of the original State Room location. We were FORTUNATE to experience the New State Room. The State Room ambiance and experience added to the classiness and elegance of our day. As a vendor they include MANY amenities and have a preferred vendor list that IS superb! The little features that are provided such as car service, a personalized sign and signature drink ( that does not have to be alcholic) are perfect details to compliment the day. The flexibility of the staff to accommodate us and some of our guests were amazing. Everything ran smoothly in all stages. In planning and meetings prior to the day, everything was perfectly outlined. Every phone call and email was answered. Impromptu visits were handled very graciously. The rehearsal ran smoothly because we were given proper direction and guidance by Eric and Emily. The ceremony setup was amazing. Thought is put into the setup with every person in mind that will be present in the room. From every angle guests were able to see the ceremony. The transition time from our ceremony to reception was also good. The elegance of the room to go from ceremony to reception is amazing. You could feel the shift. It didn't feel like a ceremony was in the same room because of the character of the setup. I love how the cake is setup in an area that is semi-remote from the central action of the wedding. Guests are able to view the cake but are not able to overly crowd it. We just absolutely adore and love The State Room. Everyone should use them as a venue. Everything I experienced and imagined was fantastic! I couldn't have asked for anything better as a bride. We couldn't have asked for anything better as a couple. They gave us our vision and MORE!!! THANK YOU!

Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Schuyler B

Our wedding at The State Room was truly spectacular, and we don't think we could have possibly had a more perfect wedding day. The venue was beautiful and in the heart of downtown Albany which was important to us when we chose our reception venue. We were one of the first... Read More weddings at the 100 State Street location and it was absolutely stunning. We wanted a venue that had a classic and romantic atmosphere, and The State Room was the perfect choice. Not only was the location great aesthetically, the food was AMAZING! We have been married for just under three months, and our guests are still talking about how wonderful the food was. My husband and I are hoping that we get to attend another wedding at The State Room so that we can have the opportunity to eat the food again! Perhaps most importantly, Tom, Eric, and Emily were the greatest ever to work with. All three of them were extremely accommodating and helpful. They made the whole process stress free and made sure our wedding day was perfect. We greatly appreciate everything they did for us throughout the process and can not thank them enough! If you are interested in getting married in downtown Albany, or anywhere in the Capital Region for that matter, we would 100% recommend The State Room. The location, atmosphere, food, and staff were all fabulous. The best decision we made in our wedding planning process was choosing The State Room. Thank you so much to Tom, Eric, Emily, and all of the staff at The State Room for making our wedding day better than we ever could have imagined!

The best around!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014

I cannot say enough how fabulous our wedding was at The State Room. It was the first place we looked when we got engaged and instantly knew we had to have our wedding here. Not only was the venue beautiful but Tom made us feel right at home. Throughout the whole wedding process... Read More Eric and Emily were there to answer any questions or concerns, they responded quickly to all my emails, which became more frequent the closer it got, they didn't even bat an eye when I decided changed the napkin colors 5 days before the wedding. The new 100 State Room venue was even more amazing then the original location. The food was awesome and abundant, the best appetizer spread and main courses in the business. Awesome venue, food and staff. I highly recommend The State Room to any future bride and groom out there.

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Ashley M

The State Room was the best choice I made during my entire wedding process. The entire staff was professional, caring, and genuinly concerned about my husbands and my happiness on our special day. The food was out of this world amazing, people from the wedding are still... Read More commenting on the amount and taste of the food! The wide alcohol selection accommdated every single person from my grandmother to my flower girl! Throughout the night the staff would come and check on us to see if we needed anything and make sure we were happy as can be. The location was perfect walking distance to anything and everything in Albany, including our hotel. The inside of the venue was magical and beyond beautiful! We were so lucky to have the State Room reccommended to us, it was truly the best time of our lives! Emily, Eric, and Tom are amazing people and geninuinly care about making the night all about the Bride and Groom! Thank you so much for everything!!

Incredible, Fabulous, The Absolute Best

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Sara K

As we write this it has only been 24 hours since our wedding at The State Room, and it was the best day of our lives. We have received numerous calls and texts about how awesome it was. The food is incredible, the drinks delicious and the décor impeccable. This amazing... Read More experience is all due to Eric, Emily and Tom. As teachers we tend to be very particular about things and The State Room nailed it. As a bride there are so many things to worry about, Eric and Emily never let me had the chance to worry, they were here every step of the way. I had a vision that The State Room staff not only succeeded in completing, but was more amazing than I could have thought. It is hard to put into words how truly amazing The State Room is, it is not just a venue it is a complete 5 star service from top to bottom. The State Room has the best service, from bartenders to waiters, to the owner Tom (who took care of us like we were family). We are so grateful to have had our wedding here and we highly recommend it to all couples.

Our Daughter's Wedding was Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 7/18/2014

About 15 months ago, we accompanied our daughter, Bianca Imfeld, and her fiancé, Travis Martin, on the search of where they wanted to have their wedding ceremony and reception. From the first step into the door of the State Room, Bianca turned to me and said I found it. This... Read More being the first venue we visited, it was very overwhelming when we started discussing all the details that needed to be handled. After leaving the State Room, we had two more venues to visit that evening, but we only made it to one, before Bianca said, I do not need to look anymore, the State Room is where I want my wedding. And so, our amazing experience began: From that first day forward, I cannot express the gratitude my husband and I felt toward you, Emily and Eric during the entire wedding planning. With this being our first daughter getting married, the initial stress level was high, but your knowledge, organization and professionalism certainly put us at ease. Your promptness in replying to all my emails and phone calls, really made us feel like we mattered and our daughter’s wedding day was as important to you as it was to us. Your promises came true and Bianca’s wedding was all that she had dreamed of. Every detail was fulfilled and the presentation was absolutely beautiful. The staff that day was excellent and catered to all of our guests needs without hesitation. The abundance of delicious food was amazing and I do not think we have ever seen a bigger piece of prime rib. Please extend our thanks to everyone on your team and tell them we are still receiving calls from our guests saying that it was the “best” wedding they have ever been to. We wish you much success at your new location and thank you for “making it happen” for our daughter."

Best. Wedding. Ever.

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Kristen H

Why are there only five stars available to click? I could not hug the staff members hard enough when the wedding of our dreams came to a close. These people are a well-oiled machine, absolute artists at what they do, professionals, experts, and simply the best. Every single step... Read More of this process was enjoyable with The State Room, and the only thing I had to focus on at our reception was having fun - they take care of EVERYTHING. The food is simply spectacular, the venue is stunning, the staff is wonderful, the details are all attended to in ways that will blow your mind. There is nowhere else in the state of New York where you will get your money's worth the way you do here. Every time you turn around you are being upgraded or given something above what you expected. Tom, the owner, recommends other vendors that are all wonderful at what they do and all work so well with The State Room. We absolutely could not have asked for better. Every single guest at our wedding couldn't say enough about the FABULOUS FOOD, the staff, the venue - everything was raved about and appreciated. I could go on forever but instead I will say that if you want the wedding of your dreams with the most amazing, dedicated, and enjoyable staff, food like you're at a 5-star restaurant, and an all-around best experience ever, do yourselves a favor and look no further than The State Room!!! Thank you Tom, Emily, Eric, and staff - our wedding was the best day of our lives (and the envy of all our married friends)!!!

State Room Wedding Reception Review

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Kyra M

I cannot say enough wonderful things about having my wedding reception at the State Room on Saturday November 9th! First, I should say I am not the girl who's been planning my wedding since I was a little girl. I knew some things I liked, found cute ideas on pinterest here and... Read More there, but by no means did I have a complete vision of my perfect day. I don't know if this made things easier or more difficult for my vendors, but The State Room gave me and my husband the perfect day for sure! Any time I had a question, I was immediately answered. If I wasn't sure about a decision I was making, they were right there to offer suggestions and advice. When Tom told me I was his daughter for the day, he meant it! I was personally escorted every step of the way, constantly checked on to make sure I was doing okay, and made to feel that there would be no room for error... and there was none! The food was beyond amazing. Our guests are still commenting on how much and how delicious the food was! And Tom not only made sure I woud eat, but literally spoon fed me an appetizer during the cocktail hour (that I insisted on attending instead of quietly eating his yummy food behind the scenes)! Brian and I made sure to sit back and soak it all in, and when we did, we could see the pure enjoyment on all of our guests faces. We still high five eachother and say "We nailed it!" as our friends and family still tell us how much fun they had. But truthfully, we nailed picking the best venue; the team at The State Room nailed the rest! If only we could do it all over again! If you want relaxed planning, assurance that everything will go exactly as you want, and the best food and service you can imagine, you must choose the State Room! Thank you all for the best day of our lives!!

Absolutely Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Ashley B

My husband Jonathan and I were married on June 20th this year and still can't get over our perfect day. Tom(Owner), Emily and Eric (wedding planners), made every interaction seem like the venue was built ground up just for us. Their attention to detail, professionalism and just... Read More the people they are, made every meeting so fun and exciting. I get the impression each wedding they do their best to make it unique. From signature drinks to special dishes, or even something so sweet as a beautiful memorial table to remember family lost, it seems like your wedding is unlike any other held there before. Not only that, but there are plenty of surprises along the way they include that I won't spoil for you. A little confession...My husband and I are not the best at planning. Emily and Eric helped us through the whole experience, covering every detail and kept us on track for the best day of our lives. The partnerships they have with top notch bakeries, florists and hotels took a lot of the stress out of the process. This is part of the reason why the venue is such a great value. You get so much included for the price. Wedding cake, hotel accommodations, a classic car to travel in, so many courses of the finest food. (If my husband was writing this, the whole thing would be about how amazing the food was. All of our guests raved about it as well.) All in all. Do yourself a favor, stop looking and book your wedding at The State Room in Albany. Nothing will make your day more special.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Linyao S

I would like to thank The State Room for making our wedding day spectacular! The event space was magnificent and Tom, Eric, and Emily went well out of their way for us. Tom took a personal interest in us and was supportive through the whole process. Eric was a perfect manager... Read More who knew how to make the room run like a top with no hiccups. And Emily was there the bare the brunt of our panicked moments like a pro! They made our wedding day run smoothly that the only thing I had to worry about was if she would say yes! I would highly recommend The State Room to anyone who is getting married!

Absolutly Fabulous

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Erin B

Our wedding at The State Room was honestly, the absolute, best day, of our lives. We couldn't have been more happy! My husband (!!!) and I looked at only a few locations in the capital district and fell in love with The State Room right away! We couldn't have been more pleased.... Read More Of course, having the flowers, cake, the car and accommodations budgeted into the cost was also a lovely perk! The staff is wonderful! Eric and Emily worked so hard and made us feel like we were the only bride and groom of the season! Tom added in so many great things to make our day even more special! The only thing that we weren't pleased with was the food tasting. We feel like it should have been more individualized. BUT, with that said, we STILL hear about how amazing the food was and at the end of the day, who really cares about the tasting. Our day was spectacular and you really can't go wrong with The State Room. We loved everything about our day!! Thanks, to all who made our day so very special!