Welcome to The State Room

The State Room is the Capital Region's premiere wedding venue and has been inducted into The Knot Wedding Hall of Fame.The perfect combination of superb architecture, impeccable cuisine and superior service is what sets The State Room apart, ensuring your day is perfect on every level. Here at The State Room we strive to exceed expectations. All of our wedding packages include a State Room champagne greeting, fresh floral centerpieces for your guest tables, a personally designed wedding cake, overnight accommodations for the newlyweds, five hour open bar service, a variety of linens, transportation for the couple in an Antique State Room car, parking adjacent to The State Room, and professional event planners to assist with every detail.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

Bow2010

100 State Street , Albany, NY (518) 432-7773
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Stephnie C

Both Anthony and I would like to thank Tom, Eric, Tara, Steven, and everyone else at The State Room for helping us celebrate our long awaited wedding, helping us make it one of the most amazing and romantic events we've ever been a part of. There are no words that can truly... Read More express the gratitude we have for all that you did for us on November 12th, and every day leading up to it. There was never a lack of attention to detail, never a lack of communication with us and my family. It just amazes me at how seamless it was. Eric, from the moment we met you, we were sold. Your professionalism is unparalleled to those we've met prior. It's so true that when someone is doing what they love, others love to do it with them. There was never a dull moment, even when Ant's dad had a footwear malfunction. Not only did you offer to find another pair that fit, but had others in reserve if they weren't comfortable and dance worthy. We are forever grateful to you for being absolutely amazing at making dreams come true. Tara, you were my (our) rock through this whole journey. You're attention to not only the wedding details, but how WE were handling all the other details. It really proved that you wanted this for us as much as we did. There was never a lag in communication, you were always on point, and played the therapist when needed. It means more than you'll ever know. Chef (Steven), it was love at first sight...talking about the food, lol! I still can't wrap my mind around how much food was prepared and the extra lengths you went to in specializing for us and our guests, helping make our wedding the most 'well fed' guest book EVER! There are so many places that provide a menu, and don't deviate from it. You went above and beyond to make this event as specialized as possible and we are truly thankful to you for all you did. You have a tremendous team behind you that work so hard to allow you to shine. They all deserve a huge compliment as well. I remember at the tasting, Ant sarcastically asked for a smaller Prime Rib, and you said his was the children portion. His face was priceless. Keep doing what you do. You have a remarkable talent that is limitless. Ahem, Mr. Tom. I'm never at a loss of words, but for some reason, right now, all I can say is Thank You. Thank you for having a vision of happiness. Thank you for providing such an amazing venue for people to embrace and celebrate the milestones of their lives. Thank you for treating us like family. Thank you for understanding that in order to have what you have, you need to have GREAT people behind you. Your venue is stunning, your staff is impeccable, you cars are dead sexy, and you will forever be 'family' to us. In summation, if you would like to witness perfection and elegance, with a splash of flash, don't hesitate to call on The State Room to help make your dreams a reality. We still have people talking about everything from the lights behind the stage, to the food, to the uplighting, to the sign at the bar that says The Celises. Thank you everyone. We love you and will see you in January when we are back in town. All our best to you today, tomorrow, and forever and ever.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Kara B

The State Room was the BEST choice that we could have EVER made for our wedding venue. Griffin and I had examined a few other venues in Vermont and in NYC prior to exploring Albany venues. The other venues that we looked at made things complicated and we always left each one... Read More with a sinking feeling that we were being treated as business and that the owners did not have any genuine care of who we were as individuals. While expressing our concerns to my brother, a highly esteemed DJ (Metro Music) in the Capital Region, he told us about The State Room space and the team’s amazing capabilities. We had to see it to believe it. We decided to schedule a tour with the State Room and decide for ourselves. Upon arriving, we fell in love with the grand architecture of the building. It looked like a ballroom straight out of a fairytale. We fell in love with the space immediately because it speaks for itself. With that being said, we were nervous that the State Room team might fall in line with the other venue teams that we had previously met. This was not the case. Eric Michael Stewart, Tom Nicchi and two other members of their team sat with us on that same afternoon to simply get to know us and see if The State Room would be the right fit for our wedding vision and for us as a couple. They discussed package deals and amenities and assured us that we would be handled with care and precision throughout the wedding planning process if we chose them to host. I did not want to leave the State Room on that day, Griffin and I had not only fallen in love with the space but the team was genuine and professional and we could tell from that moment we needed them for our wedding. We left the State Room in happy tears knowing that this would be the venue for our first party as Mr. & Mrs. We would soon realize we were only on the precipice of finding out just how INCREDIBLE the State Room team really was. During the wedding planning process, The State Room had flawless communication and would always kindly remind us if we had any responsibilities to take care of. We soon realized that the State Room team was not just within the building at 100 State Street. The family reaches far beyond those walls. Their choice vendors have a very loyal relationship with them and work with you to make your vision a reality. We chose Jason and Heather Bryer of Bryer Photography, Pesha from Flowers by Pesha, Louise from Piece of Cake Bakery and Chris Dunn as our pianist to be a part of our special day. They all brought their A game and came together flawlessly to make our day perfection. As the day came closer, I was somewhat worried if my vision for reception décor would translate since I could not be there to set up on the morning of the wedding. Eric handled my very high expectations with ease and finesse- even creating a word document checklist of small detail placement so that everything was accounted for on the day of. Everything went on without a hitch. Tom escorted Griffin and I in his vintage cars and spoiled us with love and care on our wedding day. The food at the reception was insanely delicious and VERY plentiful. The service was great and our guests were incredibly pleased. We realized that The State Room was not just a wedding venue for us, their staff became family. To all of the brides and grooms to be- stop looking, The State Room is everything you could EVER ask for and more.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Rachel B

We got married almost six weeks ago at the State Room in Albany and are still getting wonderful, daily feedback from our guests. “What a gorgeous venue!!” “The food was outstanding,” “My filet was THIS big,” and “The service was on point!” The two of us couldn’t have been... Read More happier with our big day. A huge thank you is in order to everyone at The State Room for making our day so perfect! It really was the best day. Everything about the venue, the food, on site ceremony and accommodations were perfect. Eric and Tom made the whole process so enjoyable and made us feel at ease- which is not always an easy task toward the bride-to-be! If we had any questions throughout the process (from the menu, to vendor options to nearby accommodations) we could call and talk to any member of The State Room staff, and we would receive an answer. If we sent an e-mail, we would receive a response from a staff member within twenty-four hours. The staff at The State Room ensures everything is perfect yet unique to the couple on their big day. I tend to be a worrier and get stressed easily, but from day one planning with The State Room, I guarantee you will feel so comfortable and pleased with your choice. The State Room in Albany is a wonderful venue and I would highly recommend it!! Thank you to The State Room staff for making our wedding day perfect.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Danielle D

We cannot say enough great things about The State Room. Eric, Tara, Melissa and Tom have gone above and beyond for us. They were there every step of the way. I wish I could see them everyday! They are the most accommodating. They exceed every expectation. The venue is stunning.... Read More Nothing compares! This was the only venue we looked at when planning our wedding. The food is outstanding. Our guest kept raving about the size of the prime rib. The prices are fantastic. Eric came through with helping my MOH with my bustel and cutting our garlands when our florist was unable. Tom stayed with me at the hotel when my husband was grabbing the room keys. Tom was a perfect gentleman in helping in and out of his car. Tara went over everything with me and calmed me down during my ceremony entrance. Melissa made the most fabulous signature drinks and prepared our tables. I wish I could get married there again and again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jennifer W

If you want your wedding to exceed your vision and dreams for your special day you will choose The State Room as your venue. From our first tour we could see that their professionalism and desire to not just accommodate but go above and beyond was unparalleled. We have a... Read More multi-cultural family and two small children, so our needs didn’t always fit the typical mold. From that first moment they did everything they could not to just make Fred and I happy but our kids as well. From bags full of candy to “diamond jewels” they always knew how to make our children feel involved and valued. Tom (the owner) who could be running this business from afar makes sure he is involved in every personal detail even down to cutting the cake. From his fleet of fancy cars, he was there as our driver but also as a someone special to share his personal stories and offer encouraging advice and confidence. Eric is seriously the best ever there’s no other way to say it. He will whip your wedding party into shape, make sure every detail is checked and double checked and bustle when no one else can figure our your bustle. He is absolute perfection and made my day so much better by being a part of it. And then there’s Tara who has lists printed before you’ve even asked, is offering reassurance before you knew you needed it and was always one step ahead, so you never had to question if things were taken care of. The State Room made me feel like family not just another wedding. Fred and I simply love them all. My daughter keeps asking if we can have another wedding because it was the best day of her life and I can’t tell you how much that means. I can’t even type out all the compliments that I have received from all our guests on the venue, but all are in agreeance that this was the best wedding they had ever attended. When words don’t even hold enough value in their meaning all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Crystal P

Words cannot describe the amazing experience we had with The State Room. From our first meeting to the end of our wedding Tom, Eric, and Tara were there every step of the way. They gave great advice throughout the planning process and were always reachable by email or phone if... Read More we needed. Although they have multiple weddings every weekend they made us feel like we were their top priority. The interior of The State Room is beautiful with the large marble columns and high ceilings. My guests were impressed from the moment they walked in. The food was amazing! Great assortment of appetizers and large entrees. Many of my guests brought food home. We had a few people with food allergies or special dietary needs and their meals came out with everyone else with no problems. They truly helped with anything we needed. Including when one of my guest stepped on my dress dismantling my bustle, Eric, the manager stepped in and fixed it so I was back on the dance floor in no time! The wedding we had envisioned was truly a dream come true thanks to the State Room and the dedicated staff.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Natasha C

I don’t even know where to begin. From the minute we walked into the State Room, we knew something was different. It never felt like a business, we instantly felt like we were working with family. We had a few big hiccups along the way, and Tara and Eric made sure that no... Read More matter what came our way, we would never stress about a thing. That continued right through our big day. Not a minute went by when I worried about anything. They are so professional and so dedicated to making the day all about you and your fiancé, that you just instantly feel at ease and that everything will be perfect. Perfect is the only word I can use to describe that day. Absolutely PERFECT. We would not have changed a thing! The room is stunning, the food is endless and amazing, and Tara,Eric, Tom, and everyone else at the State Room make the experience one you will never forget! Eric even helped me cut the train of my dress on multiple occasions (it may have taken a little convincing) because people were tripping on it. It didn’t matter what the request, they responded with a genuine smile and you knew they just wanted you to be happy. Our guests are still raving about every detail!!! I wish we could do it all over, and there is no doubt that if we did, it would only be at the State Room. We came from Boston, and trust me we got a lot of funny looks and questions as to why we were getting married in Albany. Trust me, nobody questioned us once they saw and experienced the venue. The intimacy of the ceremony was breathtaking. The Room flip for the reception made us feel like we were in a completely different venue. The staff couldn’t do enough to ensure our happiness and we are eternally grateful. If you are even thinking about it, stop now, go to the State Room and book the most amazing day/night of your lives. I promise, you will NOT regret it!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Amanda W

The moment my husband and I met with Tom and Eric we knew this was going to be our wedding venue. They instantly made you feel like you were their only bride, and their professionalism and attention to detail were impeccable. Throughout the whole process Tom, Eric and Tara were... Read More by our side; assisting us with any questions or concerns we had...emails were answered within hours! They just made planning a wedding so much less stressful. And the day of our wedding...it was absolutely perfect. From Tom driving us around in one of his very own cars, to Eric and Tara busselling my dress. The whole night went off without a hitch, and the venue looked gorgeous! And then there's the food; oh my the food. It's amazing and there is so much of it! Our family and friends still rave about how great it was! I can't say enough about The State Room and ALL the staff there. They gave us the wedding of our dreams, it was everything we wanted and more!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Ally L

We’re not even sure where to begin to explain how amazing the State Room is. After researching countless venues and visiting several of them, we decided on the State Room. We liked Tom, Eric, and Tara and thought that they would do a great job and, of course, the room itself is... Read More gorgeous. But they exceeded every expectation we had and now, we can’t imagine why we considered any other venue. Throughout the planning process, Eric and Tara were attentive, answering our questions promptly, reassuring us, and making sure we were on track. Leading up to the wedding, Eric was on top of every detail, no matter how minor. He made sure our guests’ dietary restrictions were noted, that the coloring books we purchased were placed at the children’s seats, and that every vendor was prepared. Most importantly, he made us feel that our wedding would be as they say, “Over the top.” On the day of, everything ran seamlessly and on time. While taking pictures, Tom drove us around in his classic car, brought water to keep our wedding party comfortable, and carried my train so that my dress stayed clean. After the ceremony, Eric helped bustle my dress and made sure that we were taken care of. The food was amazing and to say that the portions were generous is an understatement. We were told at our first meeting that the State Room does WOW weddings, or Weddings Without Worry, but they really delivered. Having the same team of people that are there for you from the day you sign your contract, through the planning process, and the entire day of the wedding, makes all the difference. When you book with the State Room, you feel like you are joining a family. The State Room team’s unbelievable attention to detail allowed us to fully enjoy our wedding. And, at the end of an already amazing night, the icing on our cake was having Tom bring us for a late night drive around the city that we love in his convertible. Stop reading this review, and go book at the State Room now. Seriously, do it.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Jessica T

Ed and I have been to many weddings in the past 10 years and we knew we wanted ours to be memerable for everyone who came. Let me just say that The State Room was an absolute perfect choice. The venue is just beautiful and everyone that we worked with was amazing. They are there... Read More for you every step of the way from the first meeting to the very last moment of the reception. The staff assisted us with everything we needed and kept us on track the whole 10 months of planning. Any questions I had were answered promptly and thoroughly, not to mention extra tips we hadn't even thought of were given to make the most of our special day. The day of the wedding Eric and Tom were superstars. Eric kept the entire event running smoothly and on time and even helped bustle my dress! Tom drove us wherever we wanted for pictures and helped me carry my huge dress so it wouldn't get dirty! I have to say the whole day was absolutely perfect! We honestly could not have had a more amazing day and we attribute a lot of that to this venue and the amazing staff!!! Thank you so much for making this the best day!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Rebecca H

To say that The State Room team is amazing would be an understatement. Tom, Eric, and Tara are absolutely incredible and made our wedding day perfect. The entire planning process was stress free, and all of our emails were answered very quickly. Aaron and I were so well taken... Read More care of throughout the entire planning process, and of course, on our wedding day. Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful, and the entire night went smoothly. Our family is still raving about what an awesome time they had- between the food, the music, and just the general atmosphere of the venue. This was literally the best night of our lives, all thanks to Tom, Eric, and Tara. These guys are true professionals, and we are so thankful for all of their hard work. We wish we could get married here every weekend ;)

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Alex A

My husband and I were married at The State Room 9/2/17. To say that our wedding was everything that we have ever dreamed of is an understatement. The moment we walked into The State Room we knew that there was no other venue that could compare, it is absolutely stunning. The... Read More State Room team is made up of the most incredible people. Eric and Tara worked with us throughout the entire planning process. They guided us, supported us, and helped to create the wedding of our dreams. We really felt as though we had our State Room family behind us at all times and the planning was fun and easy because of it. They kept us on track by providing us with checklists of what we needed to do and timelines it was best to get things done by. The day of the wedding was so incredibly magical. Tom, the owner, picked my father and I up at the hotel and drove us around for pictures. He helped me get in and out of his classic car, he held my flowers and the train of my dress while I walked and he made sure that I had everything that I could possibly need. Eric and Tara checked on both of us prior to the ceremony and kept us on schedule. As we lined up to walk into the ceremony, Eric and Tara were right next to me, keeping me calm and talking me through the nerves. They even helped make sure my dress and veil were perfect before I waked out to see my soon-to-be husband! The room was elegant and romantic, exactly what we hoped for. Throughout the night, Eric and Tara both made sure we had everything we needed and that our night was going perfectly. The food was incredible, our guests are still raving about it! We have heard SO many comments on the large portions and how awesome it was that they got to take their left-overs home! Everything was delicious! Please do yourselves a favor and book The State Room for your wedding- they will exceed all of your expectations and make your dreams come true!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Chris F

If you are searching for the perfect wedding venue to hold the most important day of your life, stop looking here and book at The State Room. From the moment you sign, their team pulls out all of the stops to help you plan your important day, and to ensure you have everything... Read More exactly as you want it. The team is not only so incredibly helpful, but they are great people to work with. The State Room truly went above and beyond our expectations leading up to the big day, helping us find vendors, hotels, LGBT friendly churches and so much more. When the wedding week arrived, they could not have been easier to work with - giving us a list of what was needed and when, helping us plan out the day and so much more. The wedding itself, simply cannot be put into words. Everything was absolutely stunning and exactly how we wanted it. The gorgeous surroundings with the frescos on the ceiling and marble walls, in that classical setting was absolutely breathtaking. The food simply cannot and will not be beat anywhere else, period. The portions were HUGE and the quality unparalleled. We wish we could have a second wedding if nothing else to eat the food again! The staff and servers were true professionals and treated all of our guests tremendously. We simply cannot say enough incredible things about our experience with The State Room, their team, the staff and of course, the owner Tom. Our guests were so impressed with our wedding that our family said "whoever has the next wedding has a lot to live up to," and "one of the best weddings we have ever been to!" Choosing The State Room for your wedding will undoubtedly be the best decision you make in the entire wedding process.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Emily H

First off, I want to say our wedding at The State Room this past July was nothing but a dream. Without having the dream team (otherwise known as Tom, Eric, and Tara ), I am not sure I could have made every one of my visions come true. I looked at over 100 venues online, read... Read More reviews, and the moment we stepped into The State Room it was clear that no other place could compare... and that was only the beginning! The Wedding Coordinators at The State Room Eric and Tara, are a brides dream come true..but seriously. I had so many ideas and visions and they helped me make those visions come to life on our wedding night. Besides the devotion and work ethic of these two, they have the most amazing hearts and care for everyone they meet and work with. As a bride, it is easy to get overwhelemd by all of the little details and the fear of forgetting one of those very important components to the big day. At The State Room, they wont let you. Every step of the way I knew that I could send them a quick email (or three) when I had questions. They always greeted us with a smile and emphasized their desire to make this experience the least stressful and most enjoyable time of our lives. This is something that we will forever be grateful for. We truly had the pleasure to enjoy every step of our engagement, our wedding planning, rehearsal dinner, and last but not least, the best day of our lives. Even with all of my controlling lists, last minute additions, and long meetings that jumped back and forth from our rehearsal dinner planning to the wedding, they were never annoyed (even though if I were them, I totally would have been), they were always calm, and helpful. It may seem like we are reviewing the amazing State Room Staff and not the venue but the venue speaks for itself. Pure elegance and class, but also a perfect intimate yet open space to enjoy all of your family and friends. The venue offers a couples tasting which each bride and groom gets to enjoy all of the different meal options for each course. This was a huge relief for my husband and I because frankly, we both love food and think that delicious wedding food is one of the most important components to a wedding..and I couldn't even count how many people have commented on how amazing our food was. The vendors that the State Room is associated with were also fabulous. Douglas from Designs by Douglas went above and beyond to make all of my "whimsical" bouquets and garden-like centerpieces everything I had hoped for and more. Cocca Dotts by far blew us away by the raspberry swirl and vanilla frosted cake at the couples tasting and we immediately had to have it for our wedding. The design and execution was incredible. Overall, my main point is that The State Room provides their couples with the opportunity to work with amazing vendors, a beautiful venue, awesome old cars, and scumptious food. But most importantly, The State Room gives their couples the feeling of friendship and family. Tara and Eric look out for the best interest of each couple and I could never thank them enough for giving me a stress free and relaxing wedding that I got to share with the love of my life. Sending forever love and thanks to our State Room Family! P.S Take the cool down ride if you have the chance, it was such a great opportunity to sit, feel the air and really take in the night with my husband before returning to our friends and family at our after party.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Karlee M

My husband and I recently had our reception at The State Room and we are SO happy that we did. As soon as we met Eric, Tom and Tara and we saw the venue, we knew we had to have our wedding there. From the beginning, Eric and Tara answered every silly question I had and they both... Read More were so easy and fun to work with. They really took the stress of wedding planning out of the question. Our guests are still raving about the delicious food(they've never seen so much good; quality food at a wedding!!), the gorgeous detail inside and how great the staff were. This wedding was pure class and elegance and we are so happy we chose The State Room for our special day. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is getting married!! Thank you to the State Room for a night we will never forget.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Hayden C

THANK YOU! I can honestly not say it enough. The team at The State Room is the real deal when it comes to planning and executing a flawless wedding. I looked at this venue and immediately felt at home with Tara, Eric and the entire team. They helped me through every step of the... Read More wedding planning process and were there to respond to every single one of my over the top questions and requests. The venue speaks for itself, but man, they do one hell of a job making it look even more beautiful! The planning meetings and rehearsal reassured any hesitation I may have had about anything. Eric makes sure your complete wedding party is aware of the entire process so that everything goes smoothly. In addition, the food... please if you have not eaten here, EAT HERE! It is absolutely to die for! The portions are enough to feed a family of 10, for a week. Tom, the owner was my right hand man the day of the wedding. He made sure I was properly hydrated, my dress was impeccable and that I was calm and enjoying myself the entire day. Oh and did I mention he takes you in on of his antique cars during the day and a Bentley convertible ride to end the night. The team surely lived up to their over the top reputation. Thank you will never be enough, you made our wedding night the best night of our lives and truly something, most people only dream of having. If you are still reading this please stop wasting time and book your date, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Autum G

Our wedding was absolutely amazing all thanks to The State Room. Tom, Eric, Tara, and all of the staff at the State Room were incredible throughout the entire planning process and even turned it up a few notches on the day of! We cannot thank them enough for making our day so... Read More special and we HIGHLY recommend using them!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Ashley+Kris M

The State Room set the stage for the wedding of our dreams. From start to finish, they catered to our every request and offered suggestions along the way. Their venue is gorgeous and romantic. A true fairytale. Behind the scenes organization is on point and they’d thought of... Read More everything before I had even given it consideration. Bartenders and servers were professional, quick, organized, and accommodating. The food is out of this world amazing. The #1 compliment we received from guests was regarding the outstanding food and service. Thank you to the entire State Room team for the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Liz C

Everything was absolutely perfect for our reception at The State Room! Even our guests still rave about how it was the best wedding they've ever been to! The service from the staff was exceptional, everyone was so friendly and nice to our guests. And let me tell you, the food... Read More was phenomenal and no one will leave hungry! Everything was planned to a T, and our wedding coordinators Eric, Tara, and Melissa checked on every detail we needed or wanted. They were always quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and I felt a great ease knowing that they were there for my husband and I on our special day. I had no stress about the reception because I knew everything would be in order and they truly exceeded my expectations! Thank you for a wonderful time! If you want a beautiful, top notch wedding, book here!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Amanda A

We had our wedding reception at the State Room on 4/7/17. My husband and I live in NYC but ultimately hope to move to Albany in the future, so we decided it would be the perfect place to have our wedding. We visited several locations on State Street because we really liked the... Read More feel of downtown Albany. When we first met with Tom, Eric and Tara, we could feel right away that they were passionate about their jobs. They made you feel comfortable, like family, from the moment you sat down with them. Weddings are an industry, but my husband and I didn’t feel at all like business was the priority, as we did in competing venues. Living far from the venue, most planning took place over the phone or email. Everyone was so helpful no matter what we needed. No question was too dumb or small to be answered. We are both Hispanic and we wanted to have some Latin flare to the food. We were able to meet with the chef and customize our dishes to get exactly what we wanted. Our wedding day was absolute perfection! More than we could have possibly imagined! The food was amazing! The service was amazing! Tom, Eric and Tara are amazing! One month later our friends and family are still raving about everything from the smallest to largest detail! Thank you to all at the State Room!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Chris N

If you think of classic halls as wedding factories, think of the State Room as an artist's studio. Each couple is treated as a member of the State Room family and is treated in that way. Every detail, every process, and every person; is important and unique to your day. We had... Read More our wedding at the StateRoom on 4/1/17 (AprilFool’sDay), and these two fools were on cloud nine. We visited here on whim as we had two other venues in mind, and right from the start, the feeling was already different. Tom, Eric, and Tara treated us as part of the family and got us loving the place within the first 15mins being there. From playful jokes to warm hugs, we couldn't believe what a difference it made on our view (and our nerves!). Throughout the process, they were extremely detail oriented and super efficient via email as we did live almost 2hrs away. Never was there a moment of "oh no!" or "we forgot!", because the team was always on their game. When it came time to wed, the day was fluid, beautiful, and perfect. Not many weddings are you still having relatives/friends still praising the food and event, weeks afterwards. One thing we can say, come hungry because you will be fed like royalty. The hors d'oeuvre, entrées, and drinks were all top notch. The venue was beautifully lit showing off its classic architecture and the vibe was always on point. This also has a lot to do with the other vendors that constantly work with the StateRoom. This was HUGE, because they were all a close nit family and didn’t have to reinvent the wheel. We had a lot of things in our wedding that would be considered non-traditional or just omitted from the event. Some places would make it difficult to deviate from their set-plan, not the StateRoom. Not only were they extremely accommodating, they made sure that our guests didn’t even notice by making it as fluid as can be. We had a lot of traditionalists attending our wedding, we didn’t hear one peep. All the obvious praise is great, but it comes down to the little things that set this place apart from the rest. The warm feeling they give you, both in person and over the phone, never gave the sense of “just for the money”. The playful jokes, and at this point, some great inside jokes we have with them, kept our nerves in check. Both Eric and Tara constantly checking in with us during the wedding making sure everything is great. Tara coming over to the groom who was mingling with family during the reception, just to tighten his vest without interrupting. Even Eric coming in like superman, taking off the bride's shoes while eating to replace them with her flats was a nice touch. It is the little details like these that make you day so much more. Our advice? Picking a venue is difficult, but the planning and organizing is damn near chaos. Choose a place that gives you that special feeling, and not only on the visual but also with the team running the show. The State Room is the mold that should shape all others in this industry, and we are truly grateful for the experience! From Corinne and Chris (C+C), thank you to Tom, Eric, Tara, and the State Room team!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Yalonda B

We had our wedding at The State Room on 4/15/16 and it was awesome. People are still talking about the food and how great the staff was. I knew from the minute I first seen the venue I wanted to have my wedding there. Tom, Eric, and Nicole are the best! I would have many many... Read More more events there.

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Veronica K

We had our wedding at the State Room last month and it was truly magical. My husband and I planned most of our wedding from another state, which we thought would be difficult, but the team at the State Room made the whole process really easy for us. They were always there to... Read More answer my calls or e-mails. The ceremony and reception were perfect. Everything looked beautiful and the food was amazing! Our guests are still raving about the food and the venue. Eric, Tom, Melissa, and Tara were all amazing to work with and the day wouldn't have been the same without their help. We would recommend the State Room to anyone looking for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Emily S

My husband and I had our wedding here in November and it was nothing short of SPECTACULAR. Where do I even begin to explain how amazing this venue is?! When you walk in the door, you are immediately blown away by the beauty of this building, as it looks like you have stepped... Read More back in time with the craftsmanship of the architecture and lighting. Then you meet Tom and Eric and the rest of the staff who are the most genuine people you will meet in the business. Anything you need down to the smallest detail is covered. Then to the options and affordability, there honestly is no better "bang for your buck". AND THE FOOD IS THE BEST FOOD YOU WILL EVER HAVE. My husband and I went to The State Room before any other venue and are so glad we did. We picked them right off the bat. When you pick The State Room, you automatically have half of your wedding planned by taking that first step with them. I CANNOT give them enough rave reviews. Everyone I meet that is getting married, i urge them to choose The State Room. There is no better service, food or staff anywhere in the world. I feel like I have a bigger family after having had our wedding here. We cannot thank them enough for the amazing job they did and for all of there help on the greatest day of our lives!!! #itsschwallgood

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Paul N

The State Room's coordinators are top notch professionals. They offered advice on everything as we planned our wedding, including items that were not in their area of responsibility. It is those little touches that separate The State Room from other venues, they actually care... Read More about every couple. Incredibly organized and well prepared for every meeting and milestone, Eric was a rock-star whom our guests even commented on his excellence. The night itself was also a blast, the room is naturally beautiful, the staff fantastic and the food outstanding. It was clear that everyone involved went far above and beyond to give us the best possible wedding.