We Celebrate The Cake!

*The Knot's 2015 Best Bakery* We specialize in European cakes with unique flavors & elegant designs. Our cake is scratch-made using the best imported ingredients (no preservatives). We are proud to have been a source of joy at 1,600+ central OH weddings. We are the best bakery in central Ohio!

$$

Cake Accessories, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

2119 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, OH

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Meryl G

Incredible! We planned our wedding from out of town and I highly recommend the Suisse shop. We had the white chocolate cake with raspberry filling and lemon cake with lemon buttercream. The white chocolate is our favorite flavor and we haven't had a cake that delicious before!... Read More Super moist!! I didn't get to try the lemon because it was gone before I could get a slice but everyone loved it. The staff was great to work with as well. Great communication and they helped design a gorgeous cake! They really know what they're doing! It was way beyond anything I could have imagined. Thanks so much Suisse Shop for making our day that much more special!

2015-08-14T17:14:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. Please do stop by the bakery next time you are in town and say hello to the staff!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Ashley R

Our cake was three different layers (chocolate-chocolate cream frosting, lemon-lemon buttercream and yellow-raspberry jam). The cake was so amazing that we had very little left over. They also have a deal where in a year they will recreate one of the layers for our anniversary... Read More for free. They made sure every detail of our cake was perfect! We would definitely recommend The Suisse Shop!

2015-07-28T07:57:10 Response from the vendor

Amazing Delicious Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Sabina U

The Suisse Shop provided excellent service and they did incredible job on our wedding cake. It was so delicious and amazingly gorgeous!!! We had 3-tiered almond cake covered in flowers with 3 different fillings, mocha, raspberry and strawberry. All our guests were thrilled... Read More with the cake, it was a dream cake! I would highly recommend The Suisse Shop to all future brides and grooms!!!

2014-11-17T20:03:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the great feedback. I will pass this on to our kitchen staff. Please come back for your free 1st anniversary cake!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Morgan M

This bakery is the best around! Our wedding cake was everything we could have imagined and wanted. It was gorgeous and tasted amazing. Our guests loved the cake and cupcakes we ordered and we were so glad we ordered extra for the honeymoon! If you're looking for a cake shop that... Read More is delicious and will make a beautiful cake, this is the place to go!!

2015-08-17T19:42:05 Response from the vendor

thank you very much for the wonderful review!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Sarah R

I first had Suisee Shop cake when a co-worker brought in a sheet cake for a birthday. After the first bite I knew they were the only people I wanted to make my wedding cake. Their icing melts into a pile of light, sugary goodness as soon as it hits your mouth, and the cake isn't... Read More dry or heavy. Our cake was fantastic, and we had several people ask us who made it. Including our photographer, who has been in the business for a couple decades. Before we cut the cake we had a few adult relatives chanting quietly "we want cake." The servers couldn't hand the cake out fast enough. The small top tier of lemon and middle tier of coffee/chocolate were all eaten. We thought people would pass those flavors up for the more traditional almond we placed on the largest layer. Nope. Our guests are almost the whole cake - with several people having more than one piece. We paid extra to have the cake delivered outside the Columbus area, and it was worth it. It's been a week since the wedding, and people are still talking about the cake.

2015-08-16T21:54:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

The Suisse Shop far exceeded our expectations! This was the best cake we have ever had! Everyone at our wedding was asking us where we got our cake from. It not only tasted amazing but it was absolutely beaufiful! We could not have been happier with The Suisse Shop and Lisa was... Read More great to work with! I highly recommend The Suisse Shop.

2015-08-16T19:18:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for a wonderful review!

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Sara K

Fantastic!!! We had such a great experience with the Suisse Shop. My husband and I were winners of a $500 giveaway from a bridal show we attended. We really enjoyed working with staff. Everyone at the wedding complimented on the look and taste of the cake. Since we didn't get to... Read More try all of the flavors from our cake, we are planning on going back and getting cakes for other occasions. As a bride, I know how important it is to reduce stress where you can and this is definitely one of the places to do it. I had absolutely no worry about my cake. I trusted the staff and they went above and beyond my expectations! I would highly recommend them!!!

2015-08-16T19:19:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Sarah C

The Suisse Shop was wonderful from start to finish. Always polite and prompt on the phone and in email. The consultation was great as they worked to create a cake that fit with my ideas for the look of our wedding. We ordered a lemon cake with the french buttercream in a rosette... Read More style. Absolutely stunning! The cake was the hit of the reception! Everyone commented how absolutely delicious it was!

2015-07-28T07:57:19 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/16/2015

The cake for our daughter's wedding was perfect....we requested buttercream frosting with layers of chocolate and vanilla but were worried about it holding up to the heat as the venue was a barn and not air conditioned....I worked with Lisa on several ideas and eventually came... Read More up with using one of their tiered stands so that the cake could be delivered unassembled then put together on site with flowers applied afterwards. The end result was perfect, absolutely the look my daughter wanted and the cake was delicious! We had just a few slices leftover and those were gone early the next morning at brunch! The design, planning and delivery went smoothly, especially since it was delivered on the 4th of July Holiday. Many thanks to Lisa and staff for a perfect wedding cake!

2015-07-28T07:57:15 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/08/2015

I want to thank the Suisse Shop for making our beautiful and delicious wedding cake :) it was perfect and everyone was exclaiming that it was the best cake they've ever tasted... Even our DJ said that in his 9 years in the business the almond cake with chocolate ganache was THE... Read More best cake he has ever had... Which made us feel pretty cool about our choice to go with you guys, even after not having had the chance to taste the cake before the wedding (since we were living in LA)! Anyway, thank you again for helping to make our wedding amazing :) we really appreciate it!

2015-07-28T07:57:03 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Davy R

We had a variety of cupcakes and a small cake made for our wedding last year and we LOVED it! Everyone told us they were the best cupcakes they'd ever had, and our brother used the Suisse Shop later in the year because of our recommendation. I took all of the leftovers from his... Read More wedding to eat myself :) I would definitely go back for any future cake or cupcake purchases!

2015-07-28T07:56:59 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Angela H

We loved the Suisse Shop and have been ordering from them for special events for years so naturally we selected them for our wedding cake. Everything turned out perfect from the tasting, to the cake and cupcakes on our big day to our anniversary cake which was complimentary.... Read More Very professional and always excellent customer service.

2015-06-15T14:17:04 Response from the vendor

thanks for the review. we appreciate it very much!

Best wedding cake in Columbus!

Reviewed on 6/13/2015 Jaime M

We paid more for the Suisse shop and it was worth every penny. The staff at Suisse shop are extremely helpful and so nice! Our cake was 4 flavors, 5 layers. Huge and beautiful! I wanted it plain pistachio green colored, so I could decorate it with flowers and it was exactly... Read More that. Everyone raved about our cake and we had no leftovers even though we over ordered! I would recommend them to anyone who asks! (I don't even really like cake, you offer me their cake and I will not turn it down!) love love love!

2015-06-14T13:54:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the wonderful review!

Great Cupcakes

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Katherine S

The Suisse Shop was very professional and easy to work with. They made everything so easy, and the cupcakes tasted wonderful!!

2015-06-12T18:01:41 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review. Since you rated us 5-star on quality & service, I wish we could have gotten a 5-star over all rating as well :( We strive to exceed expectations, but in your case we may have missed the value mark. Thanks for... Read Less Read More

Best tasting cake

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Alexandra K

We went with Suisse shop because they had amazing tasting cake! We got the suisse almond with raspberry filling. It is by far the best cake I have ever had, and we had several guests say the same thing! Several of our guests had multiple pieces, and were able to even sneak some... Read More home.

2015-06-11T19:38:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much for the review! We appreciate it very much.

My oh my!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Kristen C

This was quite possibly the best cake I have ever tasted. The people at the Suisse Shop made the whole process of designing, tasting, and ordering so easy! I never once felt pressured and they were so helpful. Everyone at our wedding absolutely loved the cake!

Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Jennifer S

We were not planning on serving cake for dessert at our wedding but my husband really wanted the whole wedding cake experience so he made an appointment and we got a smaller cake. We had a great time trying cakes and designing. It turned out so beautiful and it tasted so good!... Read More Between the wedding and lunches the next day, it was gone. We are looking forward to our first anniversary cake too! I would absolutely recommend this shop to other brides in the area.

Excellent Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 4/04/2015

I live in NY, but got married in Columbus so I had to do my planning from afar. I came in for a cake tasting and knew that this was exactly what I wanted. The cake was delicious, the choice of flavors was spot on, and the quality was impeccable. The price was also very... Read More reasonable. I found a design that I loved online, and The Suisse Shop was able to create it for the big day. Another perk is that you get a free cake (serves 4) on your one year anniversary...so you don't have to worry about freezing a piece. Would recommend Suisse Shop to any Columbus bride!

2015-04-05T19:23:50 Response from the vendor

Amazing wedding cake

Reviewed on 3/24/2015 Anne N

We'd ordered our wedding cake last year from The Suisse Shop bakery. The cake was delicious. I showed them the design of the cake I wanted at first but I didn't know some little art can cost extra but The manager ( I think Olivia at the time) help me manage the cost and the... Read More cake still look elegant. I loved it because it wasn't too sweet and it was real butter cream. I still got a lot of compliments. The staff was very helpful and caring. I wanted real purple orchids on my cake, so they call me to remind me the day before the wedding. Thanks The Suisse Shop for making my day more special.

2015-04-05T19:24:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the excellent feedback

Best Cake Ever

Reviewed on 2/11/2015

I had a professor in college who told me about the Suisse Shop and made me try it once. Ever since then I have been hooked! I order cakes from here for birthdays, celebrations, just because, and I also got my wedding cake here. They have a great staff that works with you from... Read More day 1. They put me at ease and communicated with me throughout the entire process from me providing them with the requirements for the cake through delivery. They even were willing to deliver a little further out than normal. My cake looked exactly like my husband and I pictured it and it tasted even better than we imagined. 5 stars!!!! I am looking forward to getting our 1 year anniversary cake from them next month.

2015-04-05T19:24:19 Response from the vendor

Excellent

Reviewed on 1/24/2015

My wife discovered the Suisse Shop when she had it at her shower. She brought left overs home and we quickly agreed that it was to be the Suisse Shop to do our wedding cake. Everything from the tasting to the appearance of our cake was excellent and we have never had better... Read More tasting cake! Thanks Suisse Shop!

2015-04-05T19:24:28 Response from the vendor

My Awesome Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Olga J

I found out about the Suisse Shop bakery by word of mouth from another bride. They did not disappoint. My wedding cake was a HIT! A Huge one. Seriously. When you have self proclaimed non-cake eaters, look and decide that they not only want one slice of cake, but TWO, then... Read More indeed you have an excellent product worth talking about. Which is why I am here. A cake that was rich and flavorful, was the general consensus of everyone. Would I use the Suisse Shop again? Absolutely. Would I recommend them to others? Definitely! I can honestly say I have no regrets, and was happy with the outcome.

2015-04-05T19:24:39 Response from the vendor

We loved our wedding cake(s) from The Suisse Shop!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Laurel S

We went with The Suisse Shop Bakery for our wedding cake and we know that we made the right decision. We had researched them online and it was all the good reviews that had caught our attention, so I want to make sure that I can help other engaged couples looking for their... Read More wedding cake vendor, too. We had already known that their cupcakes and other desserts taste delicious since I used to work near them and one of the workers in our building would always surprise us with Suisse Shop treats! He was a regular customer at The Suisse Shop and he assured us that their cakes also taste very good. When my mother, my groom, and I had our taste-testing appointment at the shop, we were impressed with their cakes, icings, and fillings. No other cakes in town tasted as good! The Suisse Shop’s cakes are moist and the fillings are sweet and flavorful. They have many flavors to choose from and many combinations you can make out of them. Deepti, the general manager, had worked with us in the months prior to our August wedding and she was very helpful and accommodating when it came to the details of the cake itself. All I had to do was email her pictures of cake details that we liked, and the month before the wedding, we met up once more to finalize everything. Just for fun, we had brought in a sketch of what we would like our cake to look like and The Suisse Shop did a wonderful job turning our image into a reality! We had even become a little stumped on what design to have on the top tier but we were confident that one of their designers would be able to pull something together that was similar to what we were asking for. It turned out perfectly, they took great care of our fragile cake topper, and they delivered the cake safely to our venue on the big day. We had a tall five tier cake that required two movers. Our cake was made in the French Buttercream icing with several flavor combinations, including the White Chocolate Empress cake with either White Chocolate Truffle filling or Raspberry Marmalade filling or both fillings together, and Lemon Blossom cake with either Lemon filling or Raspberry Marmalade filling! Obviously, it’s up to you to choose your flavors, but those were so delicious, so we definitely recommend them! Also, we had a groom’s cake made and it was the Chocolate cake in the Chocolate Buttercream icing with the Chocolate filling and Raspberry Marmalade filling together. This was another reason we went with them because their chocolate cake tasted real chocolatey and rich. And it was not dry, as other bakers’ chocolate cakes had tasted to us. We had brought in a picture of a groom’s cake that we wanted done for my groom. The Suisse Shop, without any doubt, did a great job recreating it! Lastly, my mother wanted to bake a gluten-free cake for our gluten-free guests, since we knew we would have a few. The Suisse Shop sells their icing at the shop, so she was able to take that home and bake her own little cake to share the love. Many of our guests at our wedding reception raved about our wedding cakes. One of our out-of-town guests anxiously asked the groom where we got our cake, as if she wanted to pay them a visit before she would head home later that weekend! You must at least make an appointment with The Suisse Shop for taste testing! We are so happy that we did! And we are looking forward to the 1 year anniversary cake that they will bake fresh for us for free! You won’t be disappointed with The Suisse Shop Bakery!

2014-12-02T18:15:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. It made our day! Reviews like this bring joy to the kitchen staff in knowing they made a bride's day special and they played a big part! Your review was very well thought out and comprehensive that... Read Less Read More

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Sapna G

After having tastings with several of the more "boutique"-type bakeries in the Columbus area, my fiance and I simply weren't impressed with the taste nor the service at any. While the look of the cake was important to us, the taste was equally if not more important (I mean, its... Read More cake! It should be delicious!) I found Suisse Shop on the Knot, made an appointment, and we quickly fell in love with both their down-to-earth atmosphere and -of course- their cakes! Hands down the best-tasting cake we found throughout our tastings. The white chocolate icing is to die for. As for the design, we brought in something that they were unfamiliar with, but a mere minutes into the appointment one of the cake decorators came in with a sample to show us how she had already figured out a way to do it. That sealed the deal for us, because we knew they'd do everything possible to make our design vision come true. Through the whole design planning process they were super open to our ideas and input, and the final result looked even more amazing than we had hoped. Overall, we couldn't have had a better experience working with Suisse Shop. They were accommodating of my allergies, collaborative rather than pushy, and even lent us a beautiful cake stand free of charge. My sister's one true guilty pleasure in this world is birthday cake, and she said at my wedding that Suisse Shop's was the best cake she'd had ever, let alone at a wedding. That speaks for itself.

2014-11-17T20:00:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the excellent feedback. It is wonderful for our kitchen staff to see a review like this validating their work. Please come back for your free 1st anniversary cake and bring some pictures!

GREAT cake!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Nik L

The service everytime we stopped by the shop was always very kind. After MANY questions on our part they always told us the cake will be great! The cake on our wedding day was BETTER than expected!! It was made just like we told them to make it. The cake also tasted GREAT too!!... Read More Much thanks to you Suisse Shop! You completed our WONDERFUL wedding day!!

2014-11-17T20:00:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the great feedback. I will pass this on to our kitchen staff. Please come back for your free 1st anniversary cake and bring some pictures!

TO The Suisse Shop