Hall of Fame bakery! We Celebrate The Cake!

*The Knot's 2017 Best/Hall of fame Bakery* We specialize in European cakes with unique flavors & elegant designs. Our cake is scratch-made using the best imported ingredients (no preservatives/trans fats). We are proud to have been a source of joy at 2000+ central OH weddings. We are THE best bakery in central Ohio! We have been in business since 1983, and provide delivery within central OH.

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

2119 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, OH (614) 846-5102

Fabulous! The Best Wedding Cake I've Ever Had!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I was referred to the Suisse Shop Bakery by my wedding planner at our wedding venue. I have heard good things about the bakery before. When my husband and I had gone for our cake tasting event, we were able to try several different types of flavors and cake as well. I had... Read More already made my mind up of what cake I wanted to order from previewing their website. While we were at our tasting, I noticed a replica of a gorgeous cake from one of their recent cake shows. I knew that I had to have this exquisite cake! I was told that they had not made that cake yet for anyones wedding because it was a new design. I am thrilled to say that on my wedding day, the cake was as perfect as the one they had on display, and it was even better then the sampling that we tried previously! It truly was the best cake I have ever had! Even our guests were telling us how fabulous the cake looked AND tasted! I have been back to the Suisse Shop several times since our wedding to buy cakes and cupcakes. I am very impressed by what they do and have to offer! I would highly recommend the Suisse Shop to anyone for all of their bakery needs!

2015-11-02T08:45:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Teddi J

We had a wonderful experience working with the Suisse Shop (specifically Lisa) for our wedding. We were able to try many different cake options during a tasting, and Lisa was extremely helpful at working with us regarding the design and color of the cake. We had 8 different cake... Read More tastings and found the Suisse shop to be our favorite tasting cake, as well as our favorite cake decorator. I wanted simple horizontal, perfectly symmetrical lines for our wedding cake, and the Suisse shop has a tool used to make sure everything is perfect and clean looking. I also love that they give you a free anniversary cake on your one year anniversary, so we didn't have to freeze a top tier of our cake and eat old, frozen cake in a year. Our guests raved of the taste of our wedding cake, and it looked flawless! They decorated our cake with our wedding flowers and it was perfect. We would highly recommend using the Suisse shop for any occasion, and look forward to going back in the future for our cake needs.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Hannah Z

Everything was PERFECT. The cake looked beautiful and tasted wonderful. We had so many compliments on it and I think everyone was very happy with the three different flavor options!

2017-07-07T19:10:58 Response from the vendor

Thanks much for the review!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Cait M

We had the Suisse Shop make our wedding cake and it was perfect! It was a 4-tier cake with a stucco pattern in the buttercream, and they beautifully placed flowers from our florist, kind of like a waterfall flowing down the cake. They also were able to deliver the cake in... Read More perfect condition to our reception space, which was an hour + away from the bakery. The flavors we chose were white chocolate cake with raspberry filling, and almond cake with apricot filling. Everyone LOVED the cake and I know many people ate multiple pieces (myself included). The Suisse Shop was incredibly easy to work with, very professional, and they made us a cake that was better than we had imagined up in our consultation. We would highly recommend this bakery!

2017-07-03T07:53:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Cheryl G

The cake was a hit! Everyone talked about the wedding cake and still do. The cake was perfect, the look matched exactly what we wanted. Working with the Suisse Shop was one of the easiest items for the wedding.

2017-06-30T09:33:08 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Kristen M

The Suisse Shope made my wedding cake in May! Lisa was fabulous to work with! My mom and I had a delicious tasting and Lisa was on time and offered so many options! All the guests loved our cake! Thank you!

2017-06-30T09:33:12 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Tammy T

For our wedding we had a small tiered cake and four different flavors of cupcakes. Everything looked and tasted wonderful! There were a few leftovers but we didn't have any problems finding volunteers to take them home!

2017-06-30T09:33:16 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Lindsey G

If you want an amazingly delicious cake that will impress all of your guests with it's beauty (and taste) pick the Suisse Shop! Our cake was one of the biggest highlights of our wedding! They are able to create ANYTHING you want (seriously!) Our cake looked just the the... Read More inspirations we shared with them and we were able to incorporate three different flavors with different fillings and icings! Many of our guests told us it was the best cake they've ever tasted :) Very grateful for the Suisse Shop and all their hard work on our wonderful cake!

2017-06-30T09:33:21 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Lauren S

We absolutely loved our cake! The presentation was phenomenal. We received many compliments on how classic, elegant, and beautiful it was! Not to mention the taste! The cake was so flavorful but in a subtle way and the perfect combination of moist as well as light. The icing had... Read More great flavor as well and was perfectly portioned to not be overwhelming to the cake. Our family and bridal party enjoyed getting to share in it with us! We are looking forward to trying more of your fantastic creations and highly recommend you to all our friends! We are especially looking forward to our Anniversary cake :) Transporting the cake was very easy and we appreciated the advice as well as the grip pad provided to allow us to safely get our cake to the venue!

2017-02-24T08:02:06 Response from the vendor

thank you so much for taking the time to review Suisse shop. We appreciate it very much.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Tonya I

We couldn't give enough praise to The Suisse Shop. Not only was the cake beautiful but everyone couldn't rave enough about the taste. I know anytime we or any of our family have a major event this is where our cakes will be coming from. Everyone was so friendly and worked really... Read More hard to make us the cake of our dreams. Thank you again.

2016-12-12T13:51:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words and patronage. We appreciate that very much!!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Tovah T

The cake and cupcakes were so good! I wish our family could have tried to cake but our caterer failed to do her job and actually cut the cake tiers and pass them out to our family. We ended up with a lot of left over cake because of it, but that's okay because it was so good!... Read More Our guests loved the cupcakes and everyone had wonderful things to say about them. There is not a single thing negative I could say! We left for our honeymoon a week after our wedding and put the left over cake in the freezer and then ate it again when we got back from our honeymoon and it still tasted good two weeks later. We would definitely recommended the Suisse Shope to everyone!

2016-12-12T13:51:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great feedback.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Kelsie G

This was one of the easiest parts of my wedding. The Suisse Shop took care of everything and made me feel at ease. Not to mention, their cakes are AMAZING!

2016-12-12T13:52:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Kellie S

The Suisse Shop made my brother's wedding cake back in 2009 and ever since then it's been on my radar for any special occasion that needs a cake. So when we got engaged I asked my wedding planner if there was anywhere else that I should consider that would be better than the... Read More Suisse Shop? And she said Nope :) When I sat down with Lisa, I had just one cake picture for inspiration. The picture was not exactly what I wanted but I had an idea in my head of what could be altered to make it perfect and with Lisa's help-- WOW! When I saw the cake for the first time on our wedding day, it was incredible. We made a cake for about 140 people and the cake was probably gone within twenty minutes. It was so good that people were switching plates and splitting seconds/thirds so they could try all three flavors of our four tiered cake. So many guests said it was the best wedding cake they had ever had and I would have to agree!

2016-12-12T13:52:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Cheyenne Q

They did an amazing job on our cake and cupcakes. We loved the delivery driver! Lisa made our experience super. Our cake tasting is my favorite memory of wedding planning together. Highly recommend them. All the cake is amazing!

2016-12-12T13:52:26 Response from the vendor

thank you.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Danielle T

Our wedding cake was fantastic! Everyone loved it and it fit our theme perfectly. It was EXACTLY what I had envisioned. The cake tasting was great, and everyone at the shop was east to work with. Our cake was well worth the investment. We can't wait to taste it again next... Read More year :)

2016-11-23T13:12:39 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Janet S

Our wedding cake was amazing! Our guest raved about the cake and the flavors. We want to thank you for helping us through our tasting and preparation. The size was perfect as well. We ended up with about 50 guest so there was plenty for seconds:). We are so glad we chose The... Read More Suisse Shop for our special day! The design and color of the cake was beautiful and it what was we imagined.

2016-11-23T13:12:35 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Amanda B

We have nothing but positive things to say! Most people said it was the best wedding cake they ever had. We only had about 3 pieces left of our wedding cake and a couple cupcakes. Everything else was gone! We had enough for 150 people and had about 100 guests so that should say... Read More something. We ate everything the next day for breakfast. I think you guys are worth every penny.

2016-11-23T13:12:30 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Stefanie L

We loved our cake! We were given compliments all night about how awesome it was! The cake was super moist, amazing, and beautiful! Thank you again for all of your help! We will definitely get our special occasion cakes from you in the future!!

2016-11-23T13:12:26 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Eileen S

The Suisse Shop did an outstanding job on my daughter's wedding cake, groom's cake and dessert buffet. Everything was out of this world delicious and beautiful. I would highly recommend them for your cake and desserts.

2016-11-23T13:12:22 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Rochelle O

We loved our Suisse Shop wedding cake! We had 4 tiers, with three different cake flavors! The red velvet, lemon and raspberry filled. It was simply amazing and they did everything as asked. Best cake in Columbus! I will refer anyone to them! Yum!

2016-11-23T13:12:17 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Ellen B

My husband and I were thrilled with our wedding cake from the Suisse Shop. Not only was it as beautiful as I imagined, the flavors were amazing! Everyone at the reception gave rave reviews. Also, we could not have been happier with the services at the Suisse Shop. From the... Read More moment we walked through the door all the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We really appreciated the ability to meet with staff after 5p.m., so we did not have to leave work early. To be honest, it was a bit hard to pick one type of cake because ALL the options at the tasting were AMAZING. I truly don’t think you could go wrong with a Suisse Shop cake. Oh and make sure to check out some of their other baked goods, we really love the Buckeye Brownies.

2016-09-07T12:33:12 Response from the vendor

thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

We were extremely happy with the cake. It was both delicious and incredibly beautiful. We received so many compliments on it!

2016-09-07T12:32:35 Response from the vendor

thanks for taking the time to review us. We appreciate it!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Morgan W

From the cake tasting to the final cake The Suisse Shop nailed it! We had a small 2 tier wedding cake and cupcakes for our guests. Not only did they taste delicious but the cake was gorgeous! I dropped off extra flowers for cake decoration, gave no instructions and the end... Read More result was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thanks Lisa for a wonderful experience and a perfect wedding cake!

2016-08-25T08:43:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback & great review. we appreciate it very much!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Kasia K

This is the 3rd time my family has used the Suisse Shop for a wedding cake; each for my 2 sisters (2012, 2014), and this past time for my own wedding cake (July 2016). We kept returning because our experience, beauty of the cakes, and most importantly, the wonderful taste of... Read More the cakes! We received SO MANY compliments on how great our cake tasted. At the cake tasting, all of their flavors were so good, so it was tough to narrow it down because you can't go wrong with any combination! But my cake was the white chocolate cake with raspberry filing, and french buttercream. YUM! Our cake was so delicate and lightly sweet -- perfect for our summer wedding! It honestly seemed like every guest of ours ate their piece of cake because we barely had any leftovers to take home, even though we ordered slices for 15+ people over headcount. I know a few of our guests went back for 2nd's and 3rd's! I would highly recommend to any bride looking for a cake vendor! Lisa was easy to communicate with either in person, over the phone, or via email. I emailed them photos of my cake inspiration, and they matched it! We also used/rented one of their beautiful cake stands which is $35 if you pay via credit card, or free if you pay via cash or check! You just need to return within a few days after your wedding, which is a good deal!

2016-08-18T15:01:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your loyalty and repeated business from you & your family. We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Lauren B

I wish I could give the Suisse Shop 10 stars. They were fantastic to work with. I am so in love with my wedding cake. My husband and I looked at Pinterest for inspiration and found 2 cakes that we had our hearts set on. We worked with Lisa and she combined the 2 cakes into a... Read More sketch and we were elated to walk into our reception and see it come to life. It was absolutely gorgeous and beyond our wildest dreams. It was a pleasure to work with Lisa and we wish we could do it all over again! Aside from how beautiful the cake was, it was delicious too! Our guests loved all three flavors. We can't wait for our anniversary cake in 1 year :) Thank you Suisse Shop for going above and beyond! I highly recommend working with this bakery for your wedding!

2016-08-18T10:08:58 Response from the vendor

thank you so much for the wonderful review! It made our day!